Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,089 members, 7,818,277 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:41 AM

Dear Oby, A People Have The Right To Choose Their Hero - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dear Oby, A People Have The Right To Choose Their Hero (27375 Views)

Oby Ezekwesili Writes On Magu's Disqualification As EFCC Chairman / Oby Ezekwesili Reacts To Saraki's Trial(twitter) / Hajiya Yusuf Who Died At The Hajj Stampede Pictured With Oby Ezekwesili (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dear Oby, A People Have The Right To Choose Their Hero by mcdokwe(m): 9:18pm On Apr 03, 2015
I have been in Nigeria for quite a while and it beats me how a people can be so insensitive, attention seeking and never know when to give up.

I have always tried to stay away from political discus especially when it is difficult to be objective or expect that the other party tries to be, no matter how little.

Oby Ezekwesili is one woman who has had her chance to build Nigeria, how much she was able to impact on the polity is a topic for another day.

She obviously, like most of us, wanted to hold on and remain in the political space and especially considering the fact that her party was still in power. But Uncle Joe wouldn't have any of that and that explains her fighting from the other side (very understandable)

She had done her best in trying to ridicule the Presidency especially using her bring back our girls campaign. Not my business.

She had openly identified with the opposition. Understandable

But she doesn't have the right to choose whom our heroes are.

Our lives are not lived on the TV and might not worth anything to her other than a veiled advocacy which of course would be belated. So we choose our hero who made sure nothing happened to us.

After the conduct of the Presidential Elections, a lot of us, Corp Members, Market women, Christians living in the north (even where they are majority) slept with our eyes open, looked back with every step thrown, left our known residents, closed down our businesses, avoided a lot of places, vowed not to be part of of the elections anymore due to the obvious danger should GEJ do what Oby and those she worked for do just to win an election.

Our lives were in danger, our investments stood the risk of being torched by irate un enlightened followers who do not understand. How a democracy works.

But this man decided not to let all these happen, he didn't use the tools at his disposal to ensure he remains there and when he lost, he didn't cry on national TV wiping up sentiments and threatening to bring down the heavens, he didn't wait for people to act first and cause mayhem which off course would have been replied, he acted first.

He conceded defeat and on time, no protests that would have led to the loss of lives, all the fears were allayed and the known violence that would have followed if the result turned the other way averted.

So GEJ is my hero, and that of a thousand folks whose being and well-being were threatened.
He doesn't have to be yours given that you were made irrelevant in his government, he doesn't have to be yours since your loyalty unquestionably lies the other way, he just doesn't have to be your hero but don't tell us whom our hero should be.

#GEJMyHero
#GEJdnewface of democratic Nigeria

533 Likes 86 Shares

Re: Dear Oby, A People Have The Right To Choose Their Hero by abuchilag: 9:29pm On Apr 03, 2015
What impact did Oby Ezekwesili make when she was in power under OBJ? Yes the BBOG campaign showed some level of sincerity at the initial stage....all of a sudden it became a tool of distraction.

No wahala...she has earned her shirt in GMB's cabinet...we will put her on the spot light and see how she will perform.

Madam Oby, Nigerians are watching you in 3D.
#Nigerians are watching Oby in 3D#

190 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Dear Oby, A People Have The Right To Choose Their Hero by sweettease(f): 9:53pm On Apr 03, 2015
The thing no tire you. Anyway, it's her opinion which i don't give a hoot about.

As far as I'm concerned, it's an exemplary conduct worthy of note because not everyone do what they know is the right thing. I do think the Nobel peace prize is overboard but for people like us that was dreading post election violence, GEJ is a hero.
Btw I wasn't even in team GEJ before, during and after the election but I feel this is the best thing he has done for Nigeria.

140 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Dear Oby, A People Have The Right To Choose Their Hero by nzeobi(m): 9:55pm On Apr 03, 2015
You people are giving her the attention she wants

33 Likes

Re: Dear Oby, A People Have The Right To Choose Their Hero by Solowande(m): 9:57pm On Apr 03, 2015
We all know aunty Oby problem. Her anger for GEJ govt was dat GEJ decide to shut d door against all OBJ loyalists and she was unfortunate to be among Dem.Whether she like it or not GEJ is my hero. If she can't deal with dat them make she go hug transformer.

127 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Dear Oby, A People Have The Right To Choose Their Hero by abduljabbar4(m): 10:04pm On Apr 03, 2015
Let me be your hero by telling you to correct that grammatical error. Check the title again

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dear Oby, A People Have The Right To Choose Their Hero by tripod(m): 10:09pm On Apr 03, 2015
Op you have the right not to agree with her. What u think about her does not change the fact that most of the pple calling gej a hero do so based squarely on sentiments.
For your to get the gist of her discuss you have to disabuse your mind. Lets wait for the report on gej's administration after may29 to see how much of a hero he realy is.
For me gej does not fit in the mould of a hero. His policies and actioons leading to the general elections were very unpopular. Even in the face of defeat he was still desperate and hungry. He neve wanted to leave. Forget about what you see on the surface.
All na wash!

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dear Oby, A People Have The Right To Choose Their Hero by mcdokwe(m): 10:14pm On Apr 03, 2015
abduljabbar4:
Let me be your hero by telling you to correct that grammatical error. Check the title again
could you pls point it out and say what the better grammar is?

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dear Oby, A People Have The Right To Choose Their Hero by mcdokwe(m): 10:19pm On Apr 03, 2015
tripod:
Op you have the right not to agree with her. What u think about her does not change the fact that most of the pple calling gej a hero do so based squarely on sentiments.
For your to get the gist of her discuss you have to disabuse your mind. Lets wait for the report on gej's administration after may29 to see how much of a hero he realy is.
For me gej does not fit in the mould of a hero. His policies and actioons leading to the general elections were very unpopular. Even in the face of defeat he was still desperate and hungry. He neve wanted to leave. Forget about what you see on the surface.
All na wash!
we all know we accord him the hero status not necessarily due to his governance skills, but the aversion of violence after the election. He was gallant even in defeat. Besides everyone knows OBJ would have perpetuated himself in power no matter how unpopular he becomes.

A singular act is enough to make a hero

121 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Dear Oby, A People Have The Right To Choose Their Hero by abduljabbar4(m): 11:01pm On Apr 03, 2015
mcdokwe:
could you pls point it out and say what the better grammar is?
Kindly cancel that 'A' and the title will be okay

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dear Oby, A People Have The Right To Choose Their Hero by mcdokwe(m): 11:11pm On Apr 03, 2015
abduljabbar4:

you need to go back to school. No, don't thank me

108 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Dear Oby, A People Have The Right To Choose Their Hero by Nobody: 11:19pm On Apr 03, 2015
God bless President GEJ. #GEJMYHERO

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dear Oby, A People Have The Right To Choose Their Hero by abduljabbar4(m): 11:59pm On Apr 03, 2015
mcdokwe:
Ok. That's how 'a' people behave when they are corrected. Oya leave am like that.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dear Oby, A People Have The Right To Choose Their Hero by oduastates: 12:02am On Apr 04, 2015
abuchilag:
What impact did Oby Ezekwesili make when she was in power under OBJ? Yes the BBOG campaign showed some level of sincerity at the initial stage....all of a sudden it became a tool of distraction.

No wahala...she has earned her shirt in GMB's cabinet...we will put her on the spot light and see how she will perform.

Madam Oby, Nigerians are watching you in 3D.
#Nigerians are watching Oby in 3D#

You know nothing about monetization and due process then.
Have You ever wondered how a semi literate jackboot called Obasanjo was able to accumulate $60 billion in foreign reserve when oil was selling at an average of $30 a barrel

17 Likes

Re: Dear Oby, A People Have The Right To Choose Their Hero by mcdokwe(m): 5:07am On Apr 04, 2015
abduljabbar4:

Ok. That's how 'a' people behave when they are corrected. Oya leave am like that.

A people is a plurality of persons considered as a
whole, as in an ethnic group or nation. Collectively,
for example, Jews are known as "the Jewish people",
European Gypsies comprise the bulk of "the Romani
people", and Palestinians are called "the Palestinian
people".

www.en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/People

Now you can actually thank me Mr Litterati.

67 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Dear Oby, A People Have The Right To Choose Their Hero by chernest2002: 10:11am On Apr 04, 2015
mcdokwe:
Nigeria is a nation of illiterate since our incoming president is illiterate we are all the same

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Dear Oby, A People Have The Right To Choose Their Hero by mcdokwe(m): 10:13am On Apr 04, 2015
chernest2002:
Nigeria is a nation of illiterate since our incoming president is illiterate we are all the same
to think that the guy was so sure of himself and all out to correct me sef.

37 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Dear Oby, A People Have The Right To Choose Their Hero by chernest2002: 10:26am On Apr 04, 2015
Oby is a fool

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dear Oby, A People Have The Right To Choose Their Hero by MalcoImX: 10:28am On Apr 04, 2015
mcdokwe:
we all know we accord him the hero status not necessarily due to his governance skills, but the aversion of violence after the election. He was gallant even in defeat. Besides everyone knows OBJ would have perpetuated himself in power no matter how unpopular he becomes.

A singular act is enough to make a hero
Will GEJ die for you? Will you die for him? Will you follow him into a battlefield? Will you place your region unto the hands of GEJ and go to sleep soundly?

5 Likes

Re: Dear Oby, A People Have The Right To Choose Their Hero by mcdokwe(m): 10:33am On Apr 04, 2015
MalcoImX:
Will GEJ die for you? Will you die for him? Will you follow him into a battlefield? Will you place your region unto the hands of GEJ and go to sleep soundly?
he didn't die for me and he implicitly stated no one should die for him and he made sure a lot of us didn't die for nothing

75 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Dear Oby, A People Have The Right To Choose Their Hero by MalcoImX: 10:40am On Apr 04, 2015
mcdokwe:
he didn't die for me and he implicitly stated no one should die for him and he made sure a lot of us didn't die for nothing
But Jesus died for, and you likely believed he didn't die for nothing. You're being literal. It's a metaphor and you know quite what it means. I am just trying to see whether you really take GEJ as a hero, but you failed.

4 Likes

Re: Dear Oby, A People Have The Right To Choose Their Hero by Borderless: 10:46am On Apr 04, 2015
abduljabbar4:

Cancel "A" ke? You go school at all? You need serious help and Brighter Grammer.

Person wey no sabi dey correct person wey know. I'm sure you belong to APC. grin

84 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Dear Oby, A People Have The Right To Choose Their Hero by mcdokwe(m): 10:57am On Apr 04, 2015
MalcoImX:
But Jesus died for, and you likely believed he didn't die for nothing. You're being literal. It's a metaphor and you know quite what it means. I am just trying to see whether you really take GEJ as a hero, but you failed.
thank God say d thing e no dey form cgpa sha.

The unfortunate thing you failed to see the Sacrifice in Christ's death but rather the mortality.

A hero doesn't necessarily have to die, all he/she has to do is Sacrifice time, money, comfort, ambition, role, you name it. It is only in extreme measures that life and death comes to play.

Gorrit now

#GEJMYHERO

53 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Dear Oby, A People Have The Right To Choose Their Hero by Elueme: 10:58am On Apr 04, 2015
Borderless:

Cancel "A" ke? You go school at all? You need serious help and Brighter Grammer.

Person wey no sabi dey correct person wey know. I'm sure you belong to APC. grin
Guy! Let's take it easy on him and simply let him know he was wrong. From his moniker, it's obvious he is from one of the educationally less privileged zones of the country. Also, why he will not be able to appreciate the heroic gesture in GEJ action.

50 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dear Oby, A People Have The Right To Choose Their Hero by lonelydora: 11:04am On Apr 04, 2015
PVC
Re: Dear Oby, A People Have The Right To Choose Their Hero by Texcoco(m): 11:06am On Apr 04, 2015
[b] The religious cleansing and wanton bloodshed occuring in C.A.R is a result of power tussle btw two contenders from different religions and armed groups.........The ethnic cleansing,mass graves,child soldiering and steady destruction of a young oil rich republic South Sudan is a call to observe the activities of rival armed groups loyal to Salva Kir and his estranged deputy,two major stakeholders struggling for supremacy even close to home is the near almost dramatic collapse and division (thanks to the unifying factor of Didier Drogba and Ivory Coast World Cup 2006 team) of Ivory Coast via Civil war with Abidjan and Yamasoukrou both capitals of each division loyal to Gbagbo in the south,Abidjan and Quattara in north,Yamasoukkrou. Both also split-contenders in their election....Nigeria currently sits on material far beyond inflammable than those already burning countries.Take a look^^^ amongst the bloody consequences of "sit tight' leaders,see the common denominator we have with these unfortunate peoples and their dead then kneel down and Thank GOD for Nigeria and Goodluck Ebele Jonathan....Oby can shove her hypocrisy,jealousy and witchunt into her wig.[/b]

73 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Dear Oby, A People Have The Right To Choose Their Hero by AbuMikey(m): 11:06am On Apr 04, 2015
The Caption, so Hilarious gringringrin

2 Likes

Re: Dear Oby, A People Have The Right To Choose Their Hero by Ucheosefoh(m): 11:06am On Apr 04, 2015
Give this woman a job she will leave twitter and start singing another tone like FFK

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dear Oby, A People Have The Right To Choose Their Hero by Brugo(m): 11:06am On Apr 04, 2015
angry

So he rigged but failed. It was obvious that he lost. The international community was watching him. What did you expect? Of course he had to step down.

We played a game of cards in my club. I used my influence to cheat. You struggled to cheat too. Eventually, I lost. Now I am a hero for conceding obvious defeat? What mentality is that?

After what happened in the SE and SS how can anyone call him noble? After what his brother Orubebe did on his behalf? Come on!

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dear Oby, A People Have The Right To Choose Their Hero by Emhicee(m): 11:06am On Apr 04, 2015
Thank you o. Cos if 'we' had said something yesterday or so, all hell might have been let loose. One amber rose headed woman talking nonsense. * spits *

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Dear Oby, A People Have The Right To Choose Their Hero by mployer(m): 11:07am On Apr 04, 2015
That woman Is stylishly begging for political appointment cheesy

GEJ Is a héro. Will be remembered on a better note than Buhari.

26 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

N13bn Fraud: Tompolo Shuns Court’s Invitation / Dino Melaye Shares Picture With Timaya / Photo Of President Buhari Carrying His Grandchild

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.