Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,519 members, 7,823,227 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:07 AM

Tinubu Starved Us, Jonathan Gave Us Multibillion Naira Contracts - OPC - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Starved Us, Jonathan Gave Us Multibillion Naira Contracts - OPC (26100 Views)

Amosun Building Multibillion Private House - Emmanuel Ojo (Pics) / The Gift Jonathan Gave Obama In 2014 / EFCC Arrests Sacked NIMASA Boss Over Alleged Multibillion Naira Fraud (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu Starved Us, Jonathan Gave Us Multibillion Naira Contracts - OPC by krixtopee: 11:21am On Mar 25, 2015
[quote author=snowland post=31975286]The National Coordinator of the Oodua Peoples Congress, Gani Adams, said his group is opposed to a former Lagos Governor, Bola Tinubu and his party, the All Progressives Congress, because Mr. Tinubu instructed governors of the South-West states not to deal with or empower the OPC.

Mr. Adams said this at a press conference in Lagos on Tuesday in reaction to reports that his organization plans to disrupt the forthcoming general elections.

He said while Mr. Tinubu plotted to destroy the OPC by denying it of government patronage, President Goodluck Jonathan has been magnanimous, awarding pipeline protection contracts to leaders of the organisation and other militants across the country.

“Deliberately Tinubu instructed all the governors (South-west governors) don’t work with OPC, don’t empower OPC, don’t associate yourself with OPC,” Mr. Adams said.

“Ask our people from the south west, if you threat us very well, why should we get an opportunity from your enemy? If you gave us jobs, if you empower us, we would turn down the offer from the federal government. Because you neglected us, you don’t want the organization to exist anymore.

Mr Adams admitted that he, Frederick Faseun, and another militant leader from Ondo state were given multi billion naira contracts to protect pipelines, saying as Nigerians they have a right to share from the nation’s commonwealth.

He said, “They alleged that some ethnic militia collected nine billion, what I know is that President Goodluck Jonathan gave us a contract to protect pipeline and in that pipeline contract, the analysis is that Nigeria is losing 1.3 trillion naira every year to vandals. And when you see how much they will pay us for a year, in six zones- we have three zones in south west, three in South-South. I have only one in South-West; Dr. Fasheun has one and another guy in Ondo has one.

“The entire money NNPC will spend for us to protect the pipeline is not up to four billion for the six zones. You know what happened, they intentionally wrote the propaganda to affect the rally of last Monday, and at the same time, they haven’t given us a dime for the contract. President Jonathan has not given us money; we are just planning on how to start the job now. You cannot get money, it’s not a contract of buying something.

“As a Nigerian, we have a right to share from the commonwealth and that does not mean they have induced us. Tinubu is the chairman of OandO, and it’s an oil company and hardly will you see any governor in Nigeria that does not have interest in oil business. Hardly will you see any that minister does not have interest in oil business. Look, the south-south has been benefiting from the Amnesty package from the past four or five years. We have never benefited from it.”

The OPC leader described the All Progressive Congress as a party that strives on propaganda.

The OPC leader said his organisation wants the country to move forward and has decided to support the re-election bid of President Jonathan.

“We are not saying because we are supporting President Jonathan, we should be an enemy of other political parties. When you watch carefully, you will realize that nothing less than 23 political parties partially support President Goodluck Jonathan, so we are not here to harm any other political party,” he said.

Speaking on the protest by the OPC for the removal of the Independent National Electoral Commission’s chair, Attahiru Jega, which many Nigerians, particularly the All Progressive Congress termed a violent protest, Mr. Adams described the APC as a party that thrives on propaganda.

“We deliberately kept quiet for one week to make sure that they lied to the extent that we would come out to tell the world that 85 per cent information coming from the APC is fallacy.

“You can’t win an election based on fallacy or propaganda and they have used their strength to concentrate on CCN protest rather than to go from house to house to campaign.

“If you watched newspapers, you will see some parasites signing different press releases that Gani Adams should resign, you will see Shina Akinpelu, and then you see Monsuru Akande again, so you see the level of propaganda? We even investigated; the second press release was released from the state (Lagos) secretariat in Acme, coordinated by Ajomale. Why are they doing that?

He maintained that the protest was not against Mr. Tinubu or the APC.

“We did not protest against Tinubu or APC. Why are they supporting the wrongdoing of Jega? I think most of them are product of free and fair election of 1993, so we should upgrade the conduct of our election and what happened yesterday has justified our protest.

“I don’t see why you should deny 19 per cent which is 12 million registered voters of their right to enfranchise. And if you recall, in the June 12, 1993 presidential election, the number of Nigerians who made the difference for MKO Abiola was 14 million. By the time you deny 12 million people the chance to exercise their right, certain signal is coming, but I’m appealing to Nigerians, they should not allow Jega to provoke them. Let us accept the faith but let the history run against Jega.”

OPC not a threat to election

Mr. Adams said his group is not a threat to the coming elections and was not sponsored by President Jonathan.

“Well, we have witnessed 1999 election, we didn’t get involved in violence, we witnessed the 2003, we didn’t disrupt the election, 2007 same thing happened, 2011 same thing happened, why should we disrupt election,.

“We challenge them, let them take the pictures to the police to investigate and identify those who destroyed that billboard. The picture that was first sent to the internet was a picture of an event held on eighth of December by Dr. Fredrick Fasheun. So I’m appealing to concentrate on how to win the election and the heart of the electorate and not to be concentrating to destroy the character of anybody who supports President Goodluck Jonathan

“We have been funding our organization before election; you will realize that we have not less than 25 programs in a year. Who is funding those programs? Why should they insinuate that anything that comes from us because of our belief to support President Jonathan that it’s because of money?”

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/179053-while-tinubu-starved-us-jonathan-gave-us-multibillion-naira-pipeline-contracts-gani-

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10152736420065095.1073742096.53829800094&type=1
Re: Tinubu Starved Us, Jonathan Gave Us Multibillion Naira Contracts - OPC by dadatolu: 11:27am On Mar 25, 2015
ok
Re: Tinubu Starved Us, Jonathan Gave Us Multibillion Naira Contracts - OPC by Nobody: 11:32am On Mar 25, 2015
dave2meek:
GEJ is the people's choice...
Join the winning team, umbrella for shelter.

A selected few who are not literate are making so much funds from this literate man. A very few militants are billionaires, a very few OPC members are billionaires. A large quantity of the citizens are suffering, they are going through hell, and then OPC comes here and tells me Tinubu starved them. wHO DA HELL IS TINUBU? WHO DA HELL IS OPC? WHY make a very few so rich when the billions can actually be used for proper developments where we all can benefit from? I am just tired of all this. You want to vote for GEJ, please vote for him, but think this through. For those who will vote for GEJ, know his promises, and when some very few are becoming richer, please and please, NEVER COMPLAIN.
Re: Tinubu Starved Us, Jonathan Gave Us Multibillion Naira Contracts - OPC by supremus: 11:33am On Mar 25, 2015
[s]
oduastates:
Kudos to tinubu for ignoring the fools
Kudos to Obasanjo for sending them to hell.
If we have to build a defence force for the yoruba homeland, it would have to be a disciplined one with a well educated chain of command. Not this ragtag force of touts and illiterates who would end up constituting a nuisance to odua states.
[/s]
Re: Tinubu Starved Us, Jonathan Gave Us Multibillion Naira Contracts - OPC by snapshot: 11:34am On Mar 25, 2015
Niyinficient:
GEJ........personally I love u (no homo), u av so far been d best presido ever! i believe you are full of ideas but working wit d wrong set of pple,.......thanks for d privatization of d power sector, the building of power plants, the transformation of aviation, agric, education and oda sectors....thanks for d almajiri schools, thanks for d 12 universities (at least ma state got one), thanks for renovating some Polytechnics labs (if Obj and oda presidios had done half of d ones u did, we wud av been a step ahead) thanks for d reconstruction of federal road, (@ least, I know of Benin-ore, abuja-lokoja), thanks for d freedom of d press........thanks for d war against Boko Harram (though u wasted too much time tackling it) thanks for Nigeria football, (@ least, I can count nothing less than four major trophies).......

Nigerians say they want change......I hope if the change eventually comes, it won't be a step backward.......I love ur govt but dislike ur party (no love for APC either)........if u get voted out, take it in good faith and applaud ursef......cos to me u ar a good President...........thanks for taking us a step forward........though u allowed too much corruption infiltrate ur govt......thank you GEJ
honest appraisal,let us give him a second chance because he is by far better than what APC is selling to Nigerians.
Re: Tinubu Starved Us, Jonathan Gave Us Multibillion Naira Contracts - OPC by Nobody: 11:38am On Mar 25, 2015
persius555:
Shut up if u dont know what u are saying. The whole world looks up to china as they have the longest network of high speed train in the world.

I know people like u are blind folded by little change you are making from your cctv business. Do you think I don't know you? You refuse to use your brain and see beyond suffering but it's abuse you result to even if you couldn't understand my points.
I would have answered you intoto but you believe in development by mere typing and not action. Nations will always depend on themselves for growth and development but not the way Nigeria goes about her own, giving money and arms to rebels to secure waterways while our navy de do siddon look.
Remember this was your post early this month. Now read my first post and compare it and see who to shut up.

persius555:
Impressive. The revolution has began. Kudos to the administration, please generate more power to boost local prodiction of made-in-nigeria automobile.Nigeria is too big to be over-dependent on importation.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Starved Us, Jonathan Gave Us Multibillion Naira Contracts - OPC by Nobody: 11:48am On Mar 25, 2015
joeyekembele:

You are a complete ode, a product of a local community school. What he said was 'ulterior motuve'
lol I watched it ....... Ntooooooooooooo lol otirios motive, go to keeping it real with adeola and watch
Re: Tinubu Starved Us, Jonathan Gave Us Multibillion Naira Contracts - OPC by kunle75(m): 12:24pm On Mar 25, 2015
phlemzy:
It is now well known that the rally in Lagos by OPC calling for Jega's removal is in a bid to secure the promised billions of Naira.
The question is: has the multi billion naira pipeline security contracts awarded to these militants reduced the rate of vandalism as expected?

NOOOOOOOOOO it has not reduced............

They are all thiefs

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Starved Us, Jonathan Gave Us Multibillion Naira Contracts - OPC by rebranded(m): 1:01pm On Mar 25, 2015
Seems like FG is looking for who to sell the Boko ammunition to.

By empowering OPC jonathan has soon he only has his personal interest not the Nations interest
Re: Tinubu Starved Us, Jonathan Gave Us Multibillion Naira Contracts - OPC by babadee1(m): 1:54pm On Mar 25, 2015
That multi-billion contract bribe will be revoked as soon as Buhari is sworn in.
Re: Tinubu Starved Us, Jonathan Gave Us Multibillion Naira Contracts - OPC by halimat38(f): 2:07pm On Mar 25, 2015
snowland:
The National Coordinator of the Oodua Peoples Congress, Gani Adams, said his group is opposed to a former Lagos Governor, Bola Tinubu and his party, the All Progressives Congress, because Mr. Tinubu instructed governors of the South-West states not to deal with or empower the OPC.

Mr. Adams said this at a press conference in Lagos on Tuesday in reaction to reports that his organization plans to disrupt the forthcoming general elections.

He said while Mr. Tinubu plotted to destroy the OPC by denying it of government patronage, President Goodluck Jonathan has been magnanimous, awarding pipeline protection contracts to leaders of the organisation and other militants across the country.

“Deliberately Tinubu instructed all the governors (South-west governors) don’t work with OPC, don’t empower OPC, don’t associate yourself with OPC,” Mr. Adams said.

“Ask our people from the south west, if you threat us very well, why should we get an opportunity from your enemy? If you gave us jobs, if you empower us, we would turn down the offer from the federal government. Because you neglected us, you don’t want the organization to exist anymore.

Mr Adams admitted that he, Frederick Faseun, and another militant leader from Ondo state were given multi billion naira contracts to protect pipelines, saying as Nigerians they have a right to share from the nation’s commonwealth.

He said, “They alleged that some ethnic militia collected nine billion, what I know is that President Goodluck Jonathan gave us a contract to protect pipeline and in that pipeline contract, the analysis is that Nigeria is losing 1.3 trillion naira every year to vandals. And when you see how much they will pay us for a year, in six zones- we have three zones in south west, three in South-South. I have only one in South-West; Dr. Fasheun has one and another guy in Ondo has one.

“The entire money NNPC will spend for us to protect the pipeline is not up to four billion for the six zones. You know what happened, they intentionally wrote the propaganda to affect the rally of last Monday, and at the same time, they haven’t given us a dime for the contract. President Jonathan has not given us money; we are just planning on how to start the job now. You cannot get money, it’s not a contract of buying something.

“As a Nigerian, we have a right to share from the commonwealth and that does not mean they have induced us. Tinubu is the chairman of OandO, and it’s an oil company and hardly will you see any governor in Nigeria that does not have interest in oil business. Hardly will you see any that minister does not have interest in oil business. Look, the south-south has been benefiting from the Amnesty package from the past four or five years. We have never benefited from it.”

The OPC leader described the All Progressive Congress as a party that strives on propaganda.

The OPC leader said his organisation wants the country to move forward and has decided to support the re-election bid of President Jonathan.

“We are not saying because we are supporting President Jonathan, we should be an enemy of other political parties. When you watch carefully, you will realize that nothing less than 23 political parties partially support President Goodluck Jonathan, so we are not here to harm any other political party,” he said.

Speaking on the protest by the OPC for the removal of the Independent National Electoral Commission’s chair, Attahiru Jega, which many Nigerians, particularly the All Progressive Congress termed a violent protest, Mr. Adams described the APC as a party that thrives on propaganda.

“We deliberately kept quiet for one week to make sure that they lied to the extent that we would come out to tell the world that 85 per cent information coming from the APC is fallacy.

“You can’t win an election based on fallacy or propaganda and they have used their strength to concentrate on CCN protest rather than to go from house to house to campaign.

“If you watched newspapers, you will see some parasites signing different press releases that Gani Adams should resign, you will see Shina Akinpelu, and then you see Monsuru Akande again, so you see the level of propaganda? We even investigated; the second press release was released from the state (Lagos) secretariat in Acme, coordinated by Ajomale. Why are they doing that?

“We did not protest against Tinubu or APC. Why are they supporting the wrongdoing of Jega? I think most of them are product of free and fair election of 1993, so we should upgrade the conduct of our election and what happened yesterday has justified our protest.

“I don’t see why you should deny 19 per cent which is 12 million registered voters of their right to enfranchise. And if you recall, in the June 12, 1993 presidential election, the number of Nigerians who made the difference for MKO Abiola was 14 million. By the time you deny 12 million people the chance to exercise their right, certain signal is coming, but I’m appealing to Nigerians, they should not allow Jega to provoke them. Let us accept the faith but let the history run against Jega.”

Mr. Adams said his group is not a threat to the coming elections and was not sponsored by President Jonathan.

“Well, we have witnessed 1999 election, we didn’t get involved in violence, we witnessed the 2003, we didn’t disrupt the election, 2007 same thing happened, 2011 same thing happened, why should we disrupt election,.

“We challenge them, let them take the pictures to the police to investigate and identify those who destroyed that billboard. The picture that was first sent to the internet was a picture of an event held on eighth of December by Dr. Fredrick Fasheun. So I’m appealing to concentrate on how to win the election and the heart of the electorate and not to be concentrating to destroy the character of anybody who supports President Goodluck Jonathan

“We have been funding our organization before election; you will realize that we have not less than 25 programs in a year. Who is funding those programs? Why should they insinuate that anything that comes from us because of our belief to support President Jonathan that it’s because of money?”

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/179053-while-tinubu-starved-us-jonathan-gave-us-multibillion-naira-pipeline-contracts-gani-adams.html

No doubt that people like you and Jonathan will not pay at the end,i just don't bother when grown fools do wrong ,all this money we are talking about is for the whole nja to do better things for the masses it's a shame you dis gani with your dirty looking self can't see beyond your nose ,the money go finish abina America no dey buy oil again and all that opc nonsense can only happen in nja not here in America,what is opc ?
Re: Tinubu Starved Us, Jonathan Gave Us Multibillion Naira Contracts - OPC by halimat38(f): 2:08pm On Mar 25, 2015
snowland:
The National Coordinator of the Oodua Peoples Congress, Gani Adams, said his group is opposed to a former Lagos Governor, Bola Tinubu and his party, the All Progressives Congress, because Mr. Tinubu instructed governors of the South-West states not to deal with or empower the OPC.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/179053-while-tinubu-starved-us-jonathan-gave-us-multibillion-naira-pipeline-contracts-gani-adams.html

No doubt that people like you and Jonathan will not pay at the end,i just don't bother when grown fools do wrong ,all this money we are talking about is for the whole nja to do better things for the masses it's a shame you dis gani with your dirty looking self can't see beyond your nose ,the money go finish abina America no dey buy oil again and all that opc nonsense can only happen in nja not here in America,what is opc ............................
Re: Tinubu Starved Us, Jonathan Gave Us Multibillion Naira Contracts - OPC by lagdmark(m): 2:23pm On Mar 25, 2015
Gani Adams carry go! That is the real change we want. No more "monkey dey work baboon dey chop". #Freedom of association say no to tinubulldog
Re: Tinubu Starved Us, Jonathan Gave Us Multibillion Naira Contracts - OPC by shurlermoz(m): 2:51pm On Mar 25, 2015
lagdmark:
Gani Adams carry go! That is the real change we want. No more "monkey dey work baboon dey chop". #Freedom of association say no to tinubulldog

It's interesting to see that you are happy now, just wait till the whole plan goes awry and I will like to see you shine that your teeth again.

By the time the yawa start, people will be running helter skelter, no one will be safe and these boys will not ask you if your are PDP or APC before they attack you. By then they will probably have more weapon than the police, they will start with the non indigenous people just like Boko Haram did, God dammit how can a whole president not see this despite its "obviousness"
How can someone be so power hungry and greedy even at the risk of a nation's annihilation.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Starved Us, Jonathan Gave Us Multibillion Naira Contracts - OPC by armadeo(m): 3:13pm On Mar 25, 2015
4bobo:
[b]My question is why can't Jonathan encourage these militants to join army, navy and airforce instead of giving them money to buy weapons. I am sure he is going to spend less. But because of their evil agendas, they kept on weakening military and equipping terrorist. It will go a long way to destroy this country sooner or later. It will go beyond pdp and apc when, God fobid, all hell are let loose. This people will run away with their families living me and you to face the consequences.
Let us learn from civil war era. With due respect to ojukwu, we heard that he went to exile and still later came back to align politically with some people that frustrated his efforts. But what of those millions that died on his behalf?
Just like some empty brains that are happy about creations of many universities by this administration. Very soon the employer of labours will be demanding for only first class graduates with masters, less than 24 years of age, because the competition will be unbearably high. Instead to fix power and massively invest in technical schools and training centers, for all in all ramifications so that people can be self dependent, we are building structures and universities and depending on Asian countries for useless and substandard products .
CHINA GAVE US BILLIONS OF DOLLARS LOAN TO BUILD RAILWAY AND WE STILL GAVE THE CONTRACTS TO CHINESE COMPANIES? THINK PEOPLE.
For most populous black nation, we don't know our strength at all. That's why we will always be a slave to China.
Those u are wise will understand me better. [/b]

You are indeed wise. The bold statement shows you the intelligence of the Chinese. Any loans they give u must be contracted to their companies.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Starved Us, Jonathan Gave Us Multibillion Naira Contracts - OPC by armadeo(m): 3:39pm On Mar 25, 2015
4bobo:

I know people like u are blind folded by little change you are making from your cctv business. Do you think I don't know you? You refuse to use your brain and see beyond suffering but it's abuse you result to even if you couldn't understand my points.
I would have answered you intoto but you believe in development by mere typing and not action. Nations will always depend on themselves for growth and development but not the way Nigeria goes about her own, giving money and arms to rebels to secure waterways while our navy de do siddon look.
Remember this was your post early this month. Now read my first post and compare it and see who to shut up.

Ultra ultra ultra!!!
Re: Tinubu Starved Us, Jonathan Gave Us Multibillion Naira Contracts - OPC by Nobody: 5:01pm On Mar 25, 2015
AZeD1:
Why would anyone reasonable government want to deal with OPC?

Guy do u enjoy treats from agbero boys?

OPC=AGBERO
Re: Tinubu Starved Us, Jonathan Gave Us Multibillion Naira Contracts - OPC by okanla: 6:45pm On Mar 25, 2015
snowland:

God will punish anybody that want to turn lagos and southwest to another boko haram by given them money to unleash terror on our people. it is not contract that was awarded but money terrorist people after election which they know that they would not win shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Tinubu Starved Us, Jonathan Gave Us Multibillion Naira Contracts - OPC by joeyekembele: 8:01pm On Mar 25, 2015
studio14:
lol I watched it ....... Ntooooooooooooo lol otirios motive, go to keeping it real with adeola and watch

Ha ha ha. You might not hear him eight. He said ulterior motive. I was there live but you heard him through the screen
Re: Tinubu Starved Us, Jonathan Gave Us Multibillion Naira Contracts - OPC by kamossreal(m): 8:05pm On Mar 25, 2015
Am very very disappointed in this ye ye stupid Govt ... ... People will sell there vote for just 1k . Why can't GEJ point OPC since and before this election come close ... OpC You are a shameful tin to Yorubaland ... He GEJ ca
Re: Tinubu Starved Us, Jonathan Gave Us Multibillion Naira Contracts - OPC by Nobody: 8:45pm On Mar 25, 2015
Just president GEJ***

Others can wait.........
Re: Tinubu Starved Us, Jonathan Gave Us Multibillion Naira Contracts - OPC by Nobody: 8:52pm On Mar 25, 2015
joeyekembele:

Ha ha ha. You might not hear him eight. He said ulterior motive. I was there live but you heard him through the screen
otirios motive lol my brother and I can't stop laughing at Adams

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

DSS Confirms Receipt Of Court Order To Release Sowore / Unlawful Detention: Court Orders SSS To Apologise To El-rufai, Pay Him N2m For.. / Shehu Sani Lists 10 Factors Blocking Nigeria’s Progress, Unity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.