Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,912 members, 7,814,079 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:52 AM

How Shoki Song Cost Me My Job. - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How Shoki Song Cost Me My Job. (44298 Views)

It Will Cost Me At Least N80k/Month To Make A Trip To My Npower-Teach Community / How My Hatred For Suits Almost Cost Me An Interview / My Job Hunts Today Hit 1100times I Have Been Applying For Jobs In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Shoki Song Cost Me My Job. by Nobody: 10:58am On Mar 26, 2015
chronique:
With the kind of humour this naijasinglegirl has got,if I had to pick a soul mate from a pool of ladies,she'd definitely come tops(provided she's pretty and has a good shape+heart). Chick is one lively and funny lady.
me nko?
Re: How Shoki Song Cost Me My Job. by SimpleJetty(f): 11:00am On Mar 26, 2015
In my opinion, you went off track when you took sides with him that you were a staunch PDP supporter. Your answer ought to have been you weren't into partisan politics but as a keen economic expert you keep close tab on economic issues and try to critically examine the various proposed economic policies and programs each party is bringing to the table if voted for into office.
That way, you've shown the interviewer you are focused and passionate about economic issues vis-a-vis it's relation to the fiscal policies of the nation's economy.
Though you felt taking sides with the interviewer to be a PDP fan would give you an edge but you got it all wrong.
Secondly, the interruption from the cell phone which rang disrupted your composition, but you ought to have get yourself back on track, take a deep breath and then say something positive when the dark skinned guy resumed with hostility geared towards putting you off the records. Even if you didn't pin-point his questions convincingly but it would have sustained the tempo and of course still put you in good light.
I penned this down so everyone here in similar situation can take a clue. Thanks.

3 Likes

Re: How Shoki Song Cost Me My Job. by lordmario(m): 11:07am On Mar 26, 2015
grin
Re: How Shoki Song Cost Me My Job. by prettyJoy22(f): 11:07am On Mar 26, 2015
I love every write up coming from this girl cheesy
Re: How Shoki Song Cost Me My Job. by cee001(m): 11:08am On Mar 26, 2015
A singular act of obedience would have prevented this mess. The writer must have learnt her lessons.Goodmorning Nigerians
Re: How Shoki Song Cost Me My Job. by Nobody: 11:09am On Mar 26, 2015
grin

how could u forget to turn off ur phone ? undecided grin
Re: How Shoki Song Cost Me My Job. by goldfish80(m): 11:10am On Mar 26, 2015
Lmao.. Naijasinglegirl how do you come up with these stories?
Re: How Shoki Song Cost Me My Job. by chronique(m): 11:10am On Mar 26, 2015
Errmmm,I am cummin.
sexyseun:
me nko?
Re: How Shoki Song Cost Me My Job. by Nobody: 11:12am On Mar 26, 2015
shildren of nawadays sef #SMH
Re: How Shoki Song Cost Me My Job. by nikkflexible(f): 11:12am On Mar 26, 2015
hilarious....naijasinglegirl always making sense since time immemorial grin
Re: How Shoki Song Cost Me My Job. by myhero4eva: 11:13am On Mar 26, 2015
Hahahaha she just made my morning so sparked up...had it bn they wasted more of no5 time, he wuld v speedily suspended himself 4rm answerin any questn and left d rm
Re: How Shoki Song Cost Me My Job. by Naijasinglegirl: 11:14am On Mar 26, 2015
timunstopable:
Lol is this a true story very funny

bt op shoki didnt make u lose the job ur carelessness did next time switch of ur phones or put in silent mode.
it was the guy's phone. I had no idea a phone was inside the bag.
Re: How Shoki Song Cost Me My Job. by dlex21(m): 11:16am On Mar 26, 2015
Ironically, I'm currently waiting for my turn at an interview venue but I couldn't help but laugh while reading this post others were wondering what is soo funny when i should be tensed... I just wish I can refer them to this post... Very funny I must say grin grin
Re: How Shoki Song Cost Me My Job. by Naijasinglegirl: 11:16am On Mar 26, 2015
SimpleJetty:
In my opinion, you went off track when you took sides with him that you were a staunch PDP supporter. Your answer ought to have been you weren't into partisan politics but as a keen economic expert you keep close tab on economic issues and try to critically examine the various proposed economic policies and programs each party is bringing to the table if voted for into office.
That way, you've shown the interviewer you are focused and passionate about economic issues vis-a-vis it's relation to the fiscal policies of the nation's economy.
Though you felt taking sides with the interviewer to be a PDP fan would give you an edge but you got it all wrong.
Secondly, the interruption from the cell phone which rang disrupted your composition, but you ought to have get yourself back on track, take a deep breath and then say something positive when the dark skinned guy resumed with hostility geared towards putting you off the records. Even if you didn't pin-point his questions convincingly but it would have sustained the tempo and of course still put you in good light.
I penned this down so everyone here in similar situation can take a clue. Thanks.
Thank you mom.
Re: How Shoki Song Cost Me My Job. by InZA: 11:19am On Mar 26, 2015
Naijasinglegirl:
haha. I would have probably gotten the job if not for shoki

Any time I see your moniker, I just laugh ahead, because I know the post is going to be hilarious!

Just a bit curious though, are your posts fiction or non-fiction?

Particularly this one, did it happen to you for real?
Re: How Shoki Song Cost Me My Job. by InZA: 11:21am On Mar 26, 2015
nikkflexible:
hilarious....naijasinglegirl always making sense since time immemorial grin

This your moniker na he le le o tongue
Re: How Shoki Song Cost Me My Job. by dlex21(m): 11:21am On Mar 26, 2015
timunstopable:
Lol is this a true story very funny

bt op shoki didnt make u lose the job ur carelessness did next time switch of ur phones or put in silent mode.
Is it that you didn't read the story or what??
Was it her phone that rang??
smh
Re: How Shoki Song Cost Me My Job. by InZA: 11:23am On Mar 26, 2015
SimpleJetty:
In my opinion, you went off track when you took sides with him that you were a staunch PDP supporter. Your answer ought to have been you weren't into partisan politics

True.
Re: How Shoki Song Cost Me My Job. by smoothlips(m): 11:25am On Mar 26, 2015
2Str8:
LOL@ Young lady, are you looking for a job or you're looking
for shoki?" U dis girl sef!
hahahahahaha!
i always warn them, there's nothing as embarrassing as d wrong ringtone at the wrong time.

Boss: we have been trying to improve our market share in the middle east, as the head of business development how do u intend to achieve that?

Girl: We...(phone starts ringing..." Ah Shoki..Ah Shoki...Shoki na Shoki...) shocked

1 Like

Re: How Shoki Song Cost Me My Job. by Nobody: 11:30am On Mar 26, 2015
[size=30pt]NIGERIAN SHALL BE GREAT AGAIN
VOTE WISELY
VOTE FOR CHANGE
VOTE NOT FIGHT
NIGERIA SAI BUHARI
APC!!! CHANGE[/size]
Re: How Shoki Song Cost Me My Job. by chaz007(f): 11:37am On Mar 26, 2015
Naijasinglegirl:
I made it to the final stage of the recruitment process of one multinational. The interview was for 9am at their Island office.
I can boldly say they were looking for candidates who had the virtue of patience because the interview didn't commence till 1pm.
Seated in the waiting room were 10 other candidates making us 11 altogether. They said it was 15 minutes for each candidate.
I noticed that each time a candidate came out of the interview room, the person had frustration written all over them. (The waiting room was a glass house so we could see those passing by)

I was curious on what sort of questions were being asked but interviewed candidates were not allowed back into the waiting room.
Candidate no5 was the worst hit. He was practically dragging his feet and nodding his head disappointedly as he walked past. I had to sneak out to meet him at the lobby. 
"Please, how was it?" I asked.
He just looked at me and said, "Oniranu. Very yeye man! How can they ask me the effect of cashless policy on naira devaluation just because I had a 2.1 in banking?" 
He said it was a 2-man panel and I should be wary of the dark skinned man who was the devil incarnate. Then he gave me his file jacket to hold briefly that he needed to locate their toilet urgently. He was probably purging cos I see no reason he could not hold on till he got home .
While I waited for him, the man that ushered us in caught me by the lobby. He was mad that I left the waiting room before I was called and instructed me to go into the interview room immediately even though I insisted it wasn't my turn yet.
I tucked no5 file jacket into my handbag and went in, hoping that I would be out by the time he returns from the toilet.

I recognised the alleged devil as soon as I got in.
"Please sit.", the light skinned man (LS) said while his devil colleague sized me up from feet to head. He didn't even respond when I greeted him.
After the usual, "can we meet you?", "what do you know about our company?'' "Why did you apply for this job?" questions of which I answered to the best of my knowledge , the LS man asked me, "Tell us what is happening in NIGERIA.'' All along I kept wishing the devil man will continue playing deaf and dumb till I was out.
I talked about the forthcoming  elections.
LS man was really jovial and I was pleased the interview was towing the way of a conversation with a friend. He told me he's pro PDP and asked which political party I belonged to. I'm in support of neither but the goal is to please your interviewer so I said I'm an avid supporter of PDP too.
"See my person o." He said excitedly. "You need to see what a PDP governor has done in my state."
"Which state Sir?"
"AkwaIbom."
"Oh Governor Akpabio. That man is awesome. He's totally transformed Uyo. Their stadium is a stunner!"
"Not just Uyo, everywhere in the state."
"I once bought a movie ticket for N100 at Silverbird Uyo, are tickets still sold that price?" I asked.
"I don't watch movies. So you've been to my town?"

I was trying to ensure our conversation does not cross our friendly threshold throughout the 15mins duration and by the time he realises I had tricked him into asking me frivolous questions, it will be too late to ask further questions except, "When can you resume?"
All along, the amala-faced man was staring at me like a wounded lion, patiently waiting for me to mess up. LoL. Suddenly, the sound of music filled the air.
"Shoki Shoki Shoki ah! Shoki Shoki Shoki ah! I'm looking for my..."

Both of them looked puzzled and the smile on the LS man face faded. I was confused as to where the music was coming from.
"Young lady, are you looking for a job or you're looking for shoki?" Devil finally spoke.
"Excuse me?" I asked.
The music began again.
"How dare you come into an interview room without switching off your phone!" He roared.
It then occurred to me that it was no5 phone ringing inside my bag. It had destabilised me and the atmosphere and I dug my right hand into my bag, searching  frantically for the power button of the phone.
"Just look at her Mr Eyibo! Look at her! All of them are the same!" Devil said as he slammed his hands on the table ferociously. Mr Eyibo was defenceless.
"I'm taking over from here!" Devil said authoritatively. "Young lady, what are you bringing into this company?"
"Ermmm..." I stuttered. Panic had made me dumb.
"Young lady, I say gauge your attributes and tell us your unique contributions to the growth and continued success of this company?"  He shook his head. "How will you demonstrate integrity and command respect in tough situations as a team member?"
I was just in my seat like, 'Sir, you can vex oh. Instead of you to just tell me there's no job.'
"Call the next person in." He said dismissively. The LS man had sorry written over his face . . .

No5 was full of apologies when I told him everything but the damage had already been done.
Dude currently sends me links of every vacancy he finds online as if that is enough compensation. Good thing he got a regret mail too or we would have been wearing one leg of trousers.
I'm still job hunting..

http://naijasinglegirl.com/how-shoki-song-cost-me-my-job/

Chinua Achebe, the story teller. Na so the file jacket wide reach wey fone fit enter am. Na so ur bag large reach wey the file jacket fit enter am. Na so the guy trust u reach wey he go hand u him file jacket and fone make u hold for am. Na so u fine reach wey them usher u inside even when it wasn't ur turn eh??!

Nice make up story. All in the name to make front page shey?! smiley

1 Like

Re: How Shoki Song Cost Me My Job. by sammoe(m): 11:38am On Mar 26, 2015
Naijasinglegirl:
Culled from my blog eh

Technically, it wasn't your job.

Nice piece as always though...shoki...ah...
Re: How Shoki Song Cost Me My Job. by lovely17(m): 11:40am On Mar 26, 2015
Shoi bad luck
Re: How Shoki Song Cost Me My Job. by wellmax(m): 11:46am On Mar 26, 2015
Naijasinglegirl:

Please all of you guys should click here to vote for my blog (Naijasinglegirl) in category 11, 18 and 27 at the Nigerian blog awards. It will mean a lot to me.
http://www.nigerianblogawards.com/vote2014.php

Done. You deserve to win.
Re: How Shoki Song Cost Me My Job. by miqos02(m): 11:58am On Mar 26, 2015
valmunich:
Lol.. That No.5 needs to be strangled angry
did No 5 called her up from her sit? No

MORAL OF THE STORY

ALWAYS MIND YOUR BUSINESS EVERYWHERE YOU GO
Re: How Shoki Song Cost Me My Job. by christopher123(m): 12:03pm On Mar 26, 2015
Naijasinglegirl:
I made it to the final stage of the recruitment process of one multinational. The interview was for 9am at their Island office.
I can boldly say they were looking for candidates who had the virtue of patience because the interview didn't commence till 1pm.
Seated in the waiting room were 10 other candidates making us 11 altogether. They said it was 15 minutes for each candidate.
I noticed that each time a candidate came out of the interview room, the person had frustration written all over them. (The waiting room was a glass house so we could see those passing by)

I was curious on what sort of questions were being asked but interviewed candidates were not allowed back into the waiting room.
Candidate no5 was the worst hit. He was practically dragging his feet and nodding his head disappointedly as he walked past. I had to sneak out to meet him at the lobby. 
"Please, how was it?" I asked.
He just looked at me and said, "Oniranu. Very yeye man! How can they ask me the effect of cashless policy on naira devaluation just because I had a 2.1 in banking?" 
He said it was a 2-man panel and I should be wary of the dark skinned man who was the devil incarnate. Then he gave me his file jacket to hold briefly that he needed to locate their toilet urgently. He was probably purging cos I see no reason he could not hold on till he got home .
While I waited for him, the man that ushered us in caught me by the lobby. He was mad that I left the waiting room before I was called and instructed me to go into the interview room immediately even though I insisted it wasn't my turn yet.
I tucked no5 file jacket into my handbag and went in, hoping that I would be out by the time he returns from the toilet.

I recognised the alleged devil as soon as I got in.
"Please sit.", the light skinned man (LS) said while his devil colleague sized me up from feet to head. He didn't even respond when I greeted him.
After the usual, "can we meet you?", "what do you know about our company?'' "Why did you apply for this job?" questions of which I answered to the best of my knowledge , the LS man asked me, "Tell us what is happening in NIGERIA.'' All along I kept wishing the devil man will continue playing deaf and dumb till I was out.
I talked about the forthcoming  elections.
LS man was really jovial and I was pleased the interview was towing the way of a conversation with a friend. He told me he's pro PDP and asked which political party I belonged to. I'm in support of neither but the goal is to please your interviewer so I said I'm an avid supporter of PDP too.
"See my person o." He said excitedly. "You need to see what a PDP governor has done in my state."
"Which state Sir?"
"AkwaIbom."
"Oh Governor Akpabio. That man is awesome. He's totally transformed Uyo. Their stadium is a stunner!"
"Not just Uyo, everywhere in the state."
"I once bought a movie ticket for N100 at Silverbird Uyo, are tickets still sold that price?" I asked.
"I don't watch movies. So you've been to my town?"

I was trying to ensure our conversation does not cross our friendly threshold throughout the 15mins duration and by the time he realises I had tricked him into asking me frivolous questions, it will be too late to ask further questions except, "When can you resume?"
All along, the amala-faced man was staring at me like a wounded lion, patiently waiting for me to mess up. LoL. Suddenly, the sound of music filled the air.
"Shoki Shoki Shoki ah! Shoki Shoki Shoki ah! I'm looking for my..."

Both of them looked puzzled and the smile on the LS man face faded. I was confused as to where the music was coming from.
"Young lady, are you looking for a job or you're looking for shoki?" Devil finally spoke.
"Excuse me?" I asked.
The music began again.
"How dare you come into an interview room without switching off your phone!" He roared.
It then occurred to me that it was no5 phone ringing inside my bag. It had destabilised me and the atmosphere and I dug my right hand into my bag, searching  frantically for the power button of the phone.
"Just look at her Mr Eyibo! Look at her! All of them are the same!" Devil said as he slammed his hands on the table ferociously. Mr Eyibo was defenceless.
"I'm taking over from here!" Devil said authoritatively. "Young lady, what are you bringing into this company?"
"Ermmm..." I stuttered. Panic had made me dumb.
"Young lady, I say gauge your attributes and tell us your unique contributions to the growth and continued success of this company?"  He shook his head. "How will you demonstrate integrity and command respect in tough situations as a team member?"
I was just in my seat like, 'Sir, you can vex oh. Instead of you to just tell me there's no job.'
"Call the next person in." He said dismissively. The LS man had sorry written over his face . . .

No5 was full of apologies when I told him everything but the damage had already been done.
Dude currently sends me links of every vacancy he finds online as if that is enough compensation. Good thing he got a regret mail too or we would have been wearing one leg of trousers.
I'm still job hunting..

amala faced people are always sadist, i just dont know why?
Re: How Shoki Song Cost Me My Job. by Exponental(m): 12:03pm On Mar 26, 2015
d shoki never cost u d job. d interview is just a formality. d 12th person will get d job.
Re: How Shoki Song Cost Me My Job. by christopher123(m): 12:05pm On Mar 26, 2015
miqos02:

MORAL OF THE STORY

No, the moral of the story is simple

BEWARE OF THE AMALA FACED PEOPLE...THEY ARE KILL JOY
Re: How Shoki Song Cost Me My Job. by greatnow: 12:05pm On Mar 26, 2015
That job is not yours relax your own will come and when it comes, it will be like magic.
Re: How Shoki Song Cost Me My Job. by christopher123(m): 12:06pm On Mar 26, 2015
ANOTHER DEDUCTION IS SIMPLE

VERY DARK PEOPLE HAVE VERY DARK HEART AND LIGHTER AND CHOCOLATE PEOPLE HAVE LIGHTER OR SWEET HEART

THEN BEWARE OF THE AMALA FACED PEOPLE ALSO

that is my deductions
Re: How Shoki Song Cost Me My Job. by Naijasinglegirl: 12:09pm On Mar 26, 2015
miqos02:

MORAL OF THE STORY

why so bitter?
Re: How Shoki Song Cost Me My Job. by Naijasinglegirl: 12:10pm On Mar 26, 2015
Exponental:
d shoki never cost u d job. d interview is just a formality. d 12th person will get d job.
lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Can I Download The Nigeria Police Force Recruitment Form? / My Story: How I bought a car from my Income on freelancer.com / 6 Reasons Why Discrimination Against 2.2 & 3rd Class Graduates Should Stop

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.