Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,119 members, 7,814,923 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:36 PM

Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. - Literature (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. (154310 Views)

DAYO'S ANGEL( Love, Lust And Betrayal) / Ikádä(throne Of Love): War, Betrayal, Lust,ambition By Angelsss / How Lust For A Teenage Girl Ruined The Life Of An Innocent Boy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (37) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by Fembleez1(m): 4:14pm On Apr 10, 2015
harjibolar10:
Secondary school teachers can be funny at times, imagine when those student never kill person, nor rope principal, how them go come dey flog student like that now, anyways, thats secondary school life shaa

Oga you funny ooo, that suites that Mr oriyomi well so tey, I hope the thing enter him mouth

Keep em coming Oga

Thanks boss,......Lolz

Na so we see am o, surely will! cheesy
Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by Fembleez1(m): 4:16pm On Apr 10, 2015
Please readers, try to drop your comments, corrections and criticism.

embarassed

Make una help my life
Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by Fembleez1(m): 5:00pm On Apr 10, 2015

He sluggishly dragged his feet to the toilet which was close to the slaughter room to clean up his mess while Mr. Oriyomi was assisted to one of the teachers toilet to wash his face. He couldn't speak, couldn't even open his mouth or think towards setting his lips apart. This sort of thing as never happened to him before but he was lucky he had brought an extra clothe he planned putting on to his church service that day. If not, he could have waited till his shirt which also got stained in the process, was dry.

It had never happened to anyone he knew before. If someone had told him his experience as a story, he could swear he wouldn't have believed it.

Mrs. Oladipupo brought him detol, both liquid and bar. After having a wash, he removed his shirt and soaked it - remaining his singlet and trousers.

She wanted to speak but it was hard for her to do so. It was still funny to her and would remain funny no matter how she tried not to remember the incidence. She made to speak but something prod her sensation and she started smiling. She dodged her face, so it won't seem she was mocking him.

She made another attempt of a straight face and spoke “what do we do to him?. I mean to Kelvin.” Smiles trying to take shape on her cheek.

The first thing Mr. Oriyomi did was to sigh! And his first sentence came thus “it is a good thing that his happening” nodding approvingly. He had assumed something might happen on his way to church and this incident was a good or bad indication (omen) he shouldn't go.
He wanted to take a lesson from the story he told about Apkan-the-Lazarus and act promptly not to end up blaming himself.

“You mean, he shouldn't be done anything?” Mrs. Oladipupo smiled but it turned to a laughter “despite the mess he did on you!.”

“It is a good thing that is happening” he repeated, smiled and did the sign of the cross “thank you Lord for saving my life” he blurted out saying to her amazement.

Is Oris okay at all?. How can he say such thing?. She thought not knowing what was going through Oris mind.

Proverbs they say, are witty but at looking deep into their meaning, one would find some great lessons in them.

Experience also they say is the best teacher. Mr. Oriyomi was the one who told the story of how Akpan was saved and now, himself, had drawn out a lesson from his experience. `I won't risk my life' he thought and walked out on her, all smiles.

Kelvin had cleaned up and put on the mufti he had brought, even when the principal had said they should put on mufti for their party. He seemed to have anticipated the event but it wasn't base on the recent show. He had planned going to the beach with some mates as they always did on last day of each school term. So the mufti had come useful cause without it, he wasn't sure how he would have gone home that day.

He walked out of the toilet, beads of sweat still lingered his face. He had taken his time to visit the toilet and emptied his bowel. He felt relieved. Phew! He felt but now what would be done to him, would be really bad, he thought.

He felt sober. He had not done it knowingly, it just happened out of control.

“Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha, Kelvolala!” Izu hailed him.

“Kelvostic, hahahahahahahahahhahahahahaha, madman of our time” Maxwell also paid him hail.

But he felt really angry. What do these guys think they are doing?. Do they think I did it intentionally?. He thought, knowingly fully well, their hails would get him into more trouble. His life was really done for. He walked out of their presence not saying a word. He wanted to fight or strike one of them but he relaxed.

`i should better find a way to go beg Mr. Oriyomi and explain to him' he thought walking down the stair case, hands in his pocket and face, turn down sorrowed.

He met Mr. Oriyomi on the staircase and was suprised at his reaction.

“It is a good thing that is happening” he smiled and extended his hand towards Kelvin for an hand shake “thank you for saving my life.”

“Sir,..... sir” he stammered “I'm sorry sir, I di,........”

“Go and dance boy, you are free. Don't be afraid”

He felt may be Mr. Oriyomi was mocking him down for what he would do to him. He was really afraid as he watched Mr. Oriyomi walked out of his presence. It seemed mysterious to him.

The rest of them were saved from the canes except Adefemi who was the first to be flogged. That was normal to happen. It had always happened once you were the first on a queue or the first person sitting in class. You might have been flogged or `tospied' before someone might come to intercede and the rest of the class would be saved.

Adefemi had already gone back to the party and excused himself with Tosin as Kelvin came into the hall.

“See Tosin, I want to see you!. Can we go somewhere private”

“Why na?. Are you tired of dancing with me?”

“hmm! Hmm!!” Someone cleared her throat loudly seeing the two. It was Theresa.

“These looks strange” she said. “Anyway, have you seen Izu?” She asked facing Adefemi.

“You can check him upstairs” he replied as Theresa walked out of their presence and they trudged out too, to find a private place.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by StormAngel(f): 5:02pm On Apr 10, 2015
Fembleez1:

Please have your seat on my laps dear.

I can manage to carry you once it's fleshy. It won't be of much burden! grin

cheesy angry angry
Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by Nobody: 5:27pm On Apr 10, 2015
Kelvin i dey your back jae

1 Like

Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by StormAngel(f): 6:22pm On Apr 10, 2015
prettydiva89:

sit with me

cheesy thanks babe
Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by AlienStar: 9:04pm On Apr 10, 2015
thronekid:
A funny piece, sire Adefemi George. You got me reeling in laughter at some point. Just the type of stories I enjoy.
Keep this on, U're definitely gonna make it.
Expecting more! Can Alienstar, and stormangel join Me here?
if only i will sit on ur lap, what do u think?
Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by Nobody: 9:14pm On Apr 10, 2015
AlienStar:
if only i will sit on ur lap, what do u think?
Ofcourse Sweetie! Hoping Ur ass wont stir things though, tough strong things!

Arranges my trouser well and clears my voice,
Oya sit!!

Fembleez1, make I beg U to update ni?

2 Likes

Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by Fembleez1(m): 9:14pm On Apr 10, 2015
StormAngel:

cheesy angry angry

No vex, na play. tongue
Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by Fembleez1(m): 9:26pm On Apr 10, 2015
Hi guyz, this piece is not a comedy and I know people would have thought it doesn't depict the title but I want you to take your time. I could have started from SS1 but I felt starting from those funny days of our limited small pikin sense would make the story more lively. There would definitely be some comic-relief as the story goes on but please, do not be absolutely carried away by the laughter but be overwhelmed by the main theme and lessons in this piece.

As you all know, secondary school life are always fun, no matter how serious it is. There are often things to laugh about and non of those would lack in this piece

Please grab your pop corn as we are about delving into the main Love, Lust and Lost. The very changing period of some school students. The puberty, the fun, the bad and good - and the pain aftermath.

Welcome to my thread, officially. smiley

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by Fembleez1(m): 9:27pm On Apr 10, 2015
thronekid:

Ofcourse Sweetie! Hoping Ur ass wont stir things though, tough strong things!

Arranges my trouser well and clears my voice,
Oya sit!!

Fembleez1, make I beg U to update ni?

Baba mi, update on its way o cool

Typing,...... wink
Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by Nobody: 9:29pm On Apr 10, 2015
Fembleez1:

Baba mi, update on its way o cool

Typing,...... wink
Better o!

1 Like

Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by Fembleez1(m): 9:31pm On Apr 10, 2015

she climbed the staircases and walked some few steps away, moving a bit further down the path when she heard his voice from behind. `i think his voice is coming from the slaughter room' she thought and turned round to face where she was coming from.

The door was locked but she pushed it gently and gained entrance into the slaughter room.

There was the table-tennis board at the middle with Kazeem the left hand clown on one side and Mr. Oriyomi on the other side, both holding bats, as the tennis ball was sent on irrelevant errand back and forth, in full speed. Both players moving and changing angles.

The moment she entered was when Kazeem sent his opponent a looped ball (looping), and Mr. Oriyomi smashed the ball across the right side of the table sending Kazeem who was at the left side running to catch up with the smash, he collided with Theresa.

“Oh God!. Who be you na?”

“Oga them don beat you make you commot”

“Guy drop bat abeg” Abiola said collecting the bat from Kazeem who was still groaning, trying to blame his loss on Theresa.

“I for carry that smash if to sey she no disturb me” he boasted and left the bat.

“Hey Akpere (basket)”Mr. Oriyomi made jest “next time you go carry am. Next!”

“Start” Abiola said bending low to serve the ball and declare the game started.

Instead of his opponent saying `welcome,' he said “wa je ya (you'll be beaten)” and the ball resumed errands.

There were windows made of wood, about 14 of them in the room. Those waiting for sets were seen leaning on the frames.

Izu was among those who stood watching, but didn't know how to play the game. He just enjoyed the chants Mr. Oriyomi often gave whenever he played. He saw when Theresa came in and went towards where she stood at the door.

“Wassup?”

“I need to see you, please”

“I hope say no wahala sha?” Izu asked puzzled.

It was last 2 nights they had visited the hotel and she hadn't said anything since then about the incident. Hope everything was okay? He thought.

“No dear, there is no problem but it is quite important” she explained.

“Okay! Let's go” and they left to the upper floor.

They entered the JSS3 white classroom and some girls and guys where there and they didn't stay there. They checked JSS3 green and it was deserted. They went in and shut the door behind.

“Yes, what is it?” Izu asked sitting on a desk.

“I don't even know how to begin” she said and folded her hands to her chest.

“Talk na!”

“Ermm!. It seems we might not be seeing each other again” she let the cat out of the bag.

“But why na?. Shey something happen that day wey we go the hotel?. Abi your madam complain?” He asked. His eyes were now jaundiced. What this girl was trying to say, he doesn't know. `abi na wetin I do that day make her dey talk this kind rubbish' he thought.

“See, Izu!. I'm sorry, nothing happened but,.......” She was completely distressed now. Her emotions were telling on how she felt revealing the news to him might make him feel.

Water dropped from her eyes. She sniffed and breathed hard. The was the only guy she ever loved. His love were worth more than gold even though, people - mostly her friends complained about the type of guy she was in love with. “That guy wey no fit speak english well” they had derided her. But she didn't care, she loved this guy so much.

She remembered she had said in one of those moments, people were deeply in love “I will never leave you, no matter what. Not even distance can separate us” but all seemed to have been words of mouth. She can never stand by those promises made in the euphoria of true love, - when the love was just at its beginning. Those time one felt like a man that had just been bestowed with a new wife.

“Why na Theresa?. Why you dey cry?. Tell me wetin happen!.” He didn't know what she cried for but it was no good, whatever it was.

His cheerfulness that was not even half cheerful, seemed to have depreciated in the space of seeing her tears. He was troubled and inquisitive. His mind searched through many possible things she might be driving at, might be trying to say.

“I,........I,......” She broke down again.

“Please, you are getting me afraid. Talk wetin you wan talk na!.” He pleaded, using one of his hands to wipe her tears.

She brought his hand down and inter-locked hers in his, holding it out with some few space between them. “My madam said we would be travelling out of the country, we won't be coming back again” she finally broke the bad news.

This was a suicide statement she just said, but she didn't know how Izu would react. She knew he loved her but how genuine was his love, she couldn't tell. Recently he had started seeing the girl Enore in SS1 and she had felt otherwise about his love. She looked into his eyes to ascertain how he felt but the she couldn't read his emotions.

He released his hands from hers and walked out of her presence.

“Izu! Izu!! Izuchukwu!!!” She called out but he didn't look back, didn't even make to halt. He just kept going till he was out of the door.

She felt she had betrayed him. She couldn't control her tears, she wept bitterly, - snot flowing down her nose. She sniffed to control the mucus. Pierced sharp cries enveloped the room. She cursed her sister, her madam and her life the way it had been turning out. She regretted ever coming to serve as a maid. But it was all useless, if she hadn't come, how then would she have met him?.

“i must find him and explain to him I will continue loving him no matter the distance. I must find him” she said looking deranged, wiped her tears to go find him.

She rushed down to the slaughter room but he wasn't there. She raced, jumping stairs, one or two to the third, approached the hall and it was already getting short of people, - he wasn't there.

“Theresa!. What's the matter? Your eyes look swollen” Doris, one of her very close friend asked but she shouted in annoyance “leave me alone.” Leaving her friend and the people around in shock - as she raced to the field.

People stared after her as though, she was mad. She was definitely out of hands they thought.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by Fembleez1(m): 11:39pm On Apr 10, 2015
ON THE FIELD,.........

“Please Tosin, can I get one more kiss?”

“Hmmmmmmm!. Ok then. How do you want it?” She asked drawing close to him.

“Anyhow! I like the first one” he replied as she held her hands round his neck. Their breath could be felt by each partner. His, was much heated, it was as if his mind were running 4 by 4 race. `this guy na amateur o' she thought and gave him a kiss.

She tried controlling his hands to her ass but they were shaky. That was when Theresa barged in and they separated quick.

“George, please come”

“Is there any problem?” He asked her.

“Please have you seen Izu?”

“Thought I told you to check him upstairs!. Did you?” He moved away from the table walking towards the door. Theresa had retraced her steps, after the intrusion.

“Ermm! I checked, but,.......” She couldn't complete the speech and raced off again.

“Wait!” He said walking rapidly out of the door.

“I'm going home” Tosin informed a disappointed Adefemi.

“But why?” He asked very sad. His mission to have his second kiss had been fulfilled but his body were on the move and could have love more lectures with an experience Tosin, - who though same 14 years of age, but was vast as an islander in rubbish. It was evident, she couldn't be any virgin.

“Time is gone, goodbye. See you in SS1” she said and walked out on him.

As she got to the field, she turned and shouted “have a wonderful holiday,” her sweat dotted nose were shiny from afar. She turned and faced the direction to the school gate.

“Which kind badluck be this Theresa?” He soliloquized going back to the canteen to pick his bag. Walking sluggishly and thinking what might have happened. `i don't blame her though, I had deserted her after the money incident and now - I want her to kiss me' he felt dejected and frustrated.

“I shouldn't have done such thing but I would try and make things up with her in SS1” he said, not knowing what seemed to have eluded him.

Definitely, he was changing in both growth and thoughts. But his thoughts were still evident of his age.

His feelings and emotion are about to be dealt with in the coming years. Not only his but also that of students who found themselves in same category!.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by Nobody: 11:42pm On Apr 10, 2015
first to comment
keep it up bro

1 Like

Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by harjibolar10(m): 5:23am On Apr 11, 2015
prettydiva89:
first to comment
keep it up bro
See this madam oooo
That's the implication of too much orijin....
Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by StormAngel(f): 9:11am On Apr 11, 2015
thronekid:

You're asking? On my Lap ofcourse!

alienstar has already taken dat position sad
Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by StormAngel(f): 9:16am On Apr 11, 2015
Fembleez1:

No vex, na play. tongue

angry berra smiley grin

1 Like

Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by Nobody: 9:30am On Apr 11, 2015
harjibolar10:

See this madam oooo
That's the implication of too much orijin....

lol.. i took just a crate
Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by Nobody: 9:54am On Apr 11, 2015
StormAngel:

alienstar has already taken dat position sad
Well, U accepted Diva's int. before She did. So, how about we all move to a king sized bed. Alienstar is starting to stir some demons already.
Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by AlienStar: 10:38am On Apr 11, 2015
thronekid:

Well, U accepted Diva's int. before She did. So, how about we all move to a king sized bed. Alienstar is starting to stir some demons already.
demons ke? I dnt do party...lol
Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by Nobody: 12:57pm On Apr 11, 2015
AlienStar:
demons ke? I dnt do threesom'es...lol
Well, lets see about that! Make we continue but small small dey wiggle.
Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by Fembleez1(m): 10:28pm On Apr 11, 2015

2 days later,.........

Easter Sunday.

The place was crowded with various vehicles; unused car engines; used engine-oil sprawled the ground, making the sand very dark and dirty, - some were in container.

The bang! Bang! Bang! Hitting of cars, made the environment very noisy, - plus the scrape! Scrape! Scraping of car bodies.

Little children played with sand. Fowls went about their businesses, scraping the floor with their web-toes, picking with their beak whatever they found and moved to another spot. Some cock fought with each other cause of a female amongst them while others just pursued each other for the fun of it.

Lizards waited patiently near walls and holes ants crawled in and out of, so they could feed on them. On roofs were white aves perching, diving off and some picking at their web toes. As someone approached one of the building in the wide compound, some hens flew, racing away from the spot they stood hunting.

The young man who wore somewhat white-turned-brown shirt halted at the door of the first shop-house in the compound. His shirt tattered at both armpits and the neck, now very stretchy - you would think it had been worn by someone very fat, the slacks had increased. Brown jeans hung on his waist. Both the jeans and shirt were dirty, stains of engine oil, stamps of hands and palm-oil appealed both. It depicted his profession.

“Mama Izu, I wan buy Limca and 2 pure water” he said sighting her on the bench beside the door.

“Shey change dey your hand?” She asked. Standing up from the bench.

“I get change, na 100naira dey my hand, I go buy two Limca and 10naira pure water. You go fit get change na!” He said handing the bottle he brought to her.

“I go bring another bottle once them finish to drink one. Na only one bottle I see!”

“Wey money for deposit? I no dey gree make my bottle stay outside o” she collected bottle he brought, placing it in the empty crates arranged outside.

“You no even know customer”

“If I start to dey know customer anyhow with my bottles, I for no fit sell minerals again” she mocked what he was trying to say.

Rather than going inside to bring the drinks for the intending buyer, she called out to her son who had been sleeping since he finished eating since 1pm.

“I'zuuuu!”She stressed the first letter like every Igbo woman would do but got no reply.

“I'zuuuuu!” Again she called but no reply.

“I(e) zuchukwu!”

“Welcome sir,” the guy who stood puzzled at how this woman's son slept so deeply and couldn't hear his name welcomed pappy Izu.

“Ifeanyi!. Ife---an---yi!!!” The fair man, his pot-belly showing beneath the monkey shirt he wore on jeans - called out in his typical Igbo man accent.

“Pappy Izu, how you dey na?” The guy said. Izu's dad sat beside his wife who welcomed him with some Igbo greetings.

“I dey! How your oga na?”

“Him dey! Na him I come buy Limca for. Him get visitor self but Izu no wan answer me since!”

“You no go quick hurry am now, make your Oga no wipe that your head with kpako as him do yesterday when you come back late from the market wey him send you” Izu's dad made joke, removing his legs from the rubber cover-palm he wore. He stretched the legs out, crossing them and requesting water. “Ba te'n miri.”

She stood up going inside the room. Izu lay on the floor, snoring heavily. He had set the middle table on the bed cause there was no space at all in their shop-house apartment. There was a big freezer at a corner of the room. A 5ft bed occupied three-quarter space of the room with just a cupboard at its side - different things littered the top.

On the wall was nailed a platform shelf where loads were place on it; ghana-must-goes, bowl containing plates and spoons, etc.

She removed Ebube's school bag and some clothes on the freezer, opened the freezer to get pappy Izu's water and at the same time attend to Sulu (Ifeanyi) who came to buy Limca and water for his boss. But to her surprise no Limca or Goldspot were in the freezer. She didn't say anything but took the Eva water bottle outside with a cup for pappy Izu. Then went back inside to wake Izu.

“Abeg mammy Izu! Answer me” Sulu called out impatiently.

She slapped his pap-like buttocks up to 3 times to wake him but he didn't wake up. Rather, he changed guards, increased gear -placing a leg on the bed and the other was used to kick some used cups and plates that stood on the floor away.

“I(e)zu, which kind sleep be this” she sent continuous slaps of both hands on him that woke him up once.

“Hmmmm! Ma!, I don wake” he finally said, stretching his hands and legs, - yawning loudly.

“Why you never buy the Limca and Goldspot for fridge wey I give you money for” she asked looking at his closed eyes, his face patterned with marks the ground he slept had plastered on it.

“I,.....I,......chai!” He regained complete consciousness. His eyes opened staring intently at his mother.

“Yes!, why you never buy am?” She asked again.

He couldn't say anything again. He remembered how he had used the money to bribe the policeman at the hotel he took Theresa to. He became angry remembering Theresa's name at all. He never wanted to think about her again. She had left afterall to the abroad she said she was going to live and never come back.

She had not even left her contacts or anything but he wasn't concerned. Even if they contacted each other through phone calls , - never meant she wouldn't be dating all those oyinbo boys. `i for no even bribe that police self. I for let am carry us go cell. I wonder how she go take talk say she dey travel when we both dey inside cell' he thought and rose up from the ground.

“I go give you the money. I lost am! No vex mummy” he said squeezing his face together, his mouth pointed out like a female hairstyle (shuku).

She didn't say anything leaving his presence.

“No Limca again, Sulu. Go mama Yomi shop abeg,” she told her customer who grumbled and left her presence.

“Izu never buy the minerals wey I don give am money since 4days now” she reported him to his father.

“Izu!” He called out not letting his wife explain any further “bia ne ba!”

He came out in his tight fitted boxers and white singlet standing before his parents, - face still showing someone who felt he was being disturbed “Siiirrrr!”

“Can you explain to me why you haven't bought the drinks your mother ask you to buy, even with the money she gave you” he switched to english.

Pappy Izu unlike his son was a bit knowledgeable in the english language. He had gone to school in the village, studied up to the secondary school level and had stopped due to lack of funds. He had however got a job with Sharp through connection and had been working there since 4yrs now, - after leaving his spare-part business.

“I lost the money” he said in Igbo.

“You lost it or spent it?” He replied asking him also switching to Igbo “be specific.”

He didn't reply but stood staring into the ground like someone who wanted to study the earth for the benefit it could aid to bail him out of his father's questioning.

“Okay! Since you can't reply, go and fetch me water to bathe. We shall visit someone this evening who could help us get buying these drinks on discounts from their depot”

He went and pick a bucket to fetch the water as his father stared at him leaving. His thought was that, Izu was gradually getting stubborn and before he got completely out of hands, he needed to caution him.

He picked his phone, the first Samsung model phone and rang someone up.

“Hello, na me Izu papa,” he said and listened as the receiver greeted him and asked his purpose for placing the call.

“I want to inform you I'm bringing that my son I told you about this evening. You need to check him out” he said.

“Ok, I'll expect you Sir” the receiver said and ended the call. Pappy Izu's phone beeping!.

8:15pm

They got down from the bus at the Bonny Camp under-bridge walking some few distance forward.

Someone appeared from the dark putting on mufti, Izu not knowing the man's profession but thought him to be the man whom his father had said would introduce them to buy from the minerals depot.

“Good evening Sir” he greeted.

“Evening boy.” He tapped Izu on the shoulder and faced his father “Welcome sir”

“Thank you my brother”. He replied “Izu wey the money your mother give you to buy drinks?”

Izu looked surprised and at the same time confused. What his father was driving at bringing up the issue of the money they had settled, was oblivious to him.

“Wooooh! Paapa, I don tell you say I loss the money. Why you come dey ask again na?

“Hey young man! Is that how to talk to your father?” The unknown man asked not really surprised about Izu's behaviour since he had already been told about it. Izu was starting to grow wings at 19 and spoke anyhow to his parents.

“See, guy, mind your business o!. Who call your yeye mouth to this matter?” He snapped angrily.

“Oh, I see!. You shall learn how to address people today“ he said making Izu more surprised.

“Bleep you and whatever you are. God go punish you!” He cursed.

“Boys!!!” The unknown man called out and there came 5 men crossing from under the bridge dressed in army uniform and another set of 5 approached from the Bonny Camp gate.

Before Izu could remember he was at the front of the Army Barracks, he had been grabbed by the unknown man on the waist. He was cleared off his feet by a swipe of the man's boot.

“Goodbye Lieutenant” his father said and went off.
Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by Nobody: 10:44pm On Apr 11, 2015
can't laugh..imagining myself in Izu's shoes

1 Like

Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by kristen12(f): 10:52pm On Apr 11, 2015
Is that all?
Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by Fembleez1(m): 7:18am On Apr 12, 2015
kristen12:
Is that all?

You mean?
Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by kristen12(f): 7:20am On Apr 12, 2015
Fembleez1:

You mean?
Updates
Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by StormAngel(f): 12:36pm On Apr 12, 2015
thronekid:

emi ke?

*Runs away shocked
Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by stuff46(m): 3:05am On Apr 13, 2015
Secondary school life and it troubles. Fembeez thanks for the awareness. cheesy
Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by Fembleez1(m): 9:14am On Apr 13, 2015
kristen12:

Updates
Fembleez1:
Hi guyz, this piece is not a comedy and I know people would have thought it doesn't depict the title but I want you to take your time. I could have started from SS1 but I felt starting from those funny days of our limited small pikin sense would make the story more lively. There would definitely be some comic-relief as the story goes on but please, do not be absolutely carried away by the laughter but be overwhelmed by the main theme and lessons in this piece.
As you all know, secondary school life are always fun, no matter how serious it is. There are often things to laugh about and non of those would lack in this piece
Please grab your pop corn as we are about delving into the main Love, Lust and Lost. The very changing period of some school students. The puberty, the fun, the bad and good - and the pain aftermath.
Welcome to my thread, officially. smiley
Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by Fembleez1(m): 9:15am On Apr 13, 2015
stuff46:
Secondary school life and it troubles. Fembeez thanks for the awareness. cheesy

I'm humble boss! Thanks for coming around. Please have your seat. smiley
Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by Fembleez1(m): 9:16am On Apr 13, 2015

“Hey boy! Go get me blade abeg” the Lieutenant said.

“Arh sir, I dey sorry sir, I no go talk to my papa like that again.” Izu said pleading as he was being dragged into the barracks.

“No abok1, you go do am!. You go do all your talking today”

“I no sabi talk sir, I swear with my father life!” He shouted disturbing the peace of the barracks.

Kpoai! The slap landed on his face and he went down. Falling off the 5 soldiers that held him.

“Chai ! Mammy Izu o!. Which kind slap be this, abeggi sir” he was dazed and stars started appearing round his head.

“You no go shut up?” The man said. “Boyz! If e make any noise again!. Give am peace!”

If Izu knew what `Peace' meant, he wouldn't have said anything.

“Sir, no be Peace I spend the money for sir, na Joy. No, na Johnbull sir”

Swipe! Kpoia! Gboola! All sent him off the floor; boot parking, slap, elbow!.

“Waiyo! Waiyo!. Pappy Izu o, mammy no gree beg abok1 for me o!. Please sir, I do sir, I sorry sir!”

“This is the blade sir”

“Wey the twine wey dey your pocket?”

“E dey with Babangida Sir” the officer replied going to remove the twine from his pocket.

“Bind that fool with it” he commanded once the blue twine was visible.

“Abeg soldier, abeggi shun sir, I no go talk to my papa and mama like that again” he pleaded and struggled but he was unable to overpower the 5 soldiers while the remaining 5 stood forming a circle round them.
They bond his hands backwards jointed with his legs.

“Na one police sir, na him thief the money abeggi” he lifted his heads - sweats already forming on his face.

“Now, shave all that hair commot for him head”

“guy, if you struggle, na your head e go cut o!” A typical abok1 war veteran warned

“I don die o, please sir, abeg! I no wan barb gorimapka” he was in tears. Izu who had always been hard for, to shed tears even when he was flogged - was crying profusely.

After his hair had been shaved, the Lieutenant spoke up “now, polish that him head with sand-paper”

“I don die o” and went unconscious. His eyes slightly close, pretending he was truly dead.

“Wetin do am, him don faint?” two soldiers said laughing.

“Make una pour acid for him head, him go wake!” the lieutenant said and walked away.

“I wake o! I don wake sir!. Na play I dey play before, I never die! Abeggi sir, I no wan die”

“Make una do anything wey una like to am and release am in the next 20minutes” he commanded “him go don learn by then” and walked out of the scene.

“Wait!. Commot the rope. Now, frog jump”
But Izu couldn't move, it was as though he had turned lame.

“Sir, I swear to God, if I move, I go faint eh!.”

“God go punish your papa, danburuba!” One hausa soldier cursed and landed him a cover slap on his face.

“I for no do sir, but I do, I come die. Ye! Please sir, Theresa don land me for gbege o, I sorry o! Ye! Abeggi abeggi abeggi!” he blurted.
Snot already dropping down his nose, his sweat had increased and his clothes were completely soaked.

“Frog-jump, common” they kicked him without pity. 10 godogodo (soldiers).

He held his two ears and rose up. Frog jumping

“Eeeee uhm! Please o!” he bent and rose up and bend again but couldn't rise up “I no go do am again o”

From nowhere kopoko started landing on him.

“Yes sir! Yes sir! Ye!!, my ear o abeggi sir”

“Jump, jump, common” fiam fium! The kopoko swiped.

The thud that sounded on his face, he would have sworn was of iron rod but he went unconscious and couldn't recognise the palm that sanded him the slap.

He met himself on the military hospital bed. He had peed on his trousers. A boy of 19years. His clothes were smelling of sweat and body odour. The moment the doctor opened the door, he shouted “my chi save me from this madman o”

The doctor couldn't stop laughing. Well, no one ever got punished by 'Men of war' and remained the same. The doctor shook his head and left the ward.

#################################

It was about 10:45pm. Few cars and buses still plied the road. The streetlights in their troth, shone on the road to reveal the beauty of the Awolowo lanscape. It was always a busy road once it was dawn till the late hours of 8:30 possibly, - when all the restaurant, clubs and eateries might have closed. Except may be there were some event taking place at the Bacchus Club or the Water front mall close to the EFCC office.

The white lines used to demarcate the road as a `Road sign' came very bright as vehicles passed.
Many of the banks and offices were locked as the securities flanked their various post, some sitting on benches and on white chairs to keep vigil.

A bus appeared from the Keffi street that connected to the Awolowo road shining its full-light ahead. The bus was sprayed white with small tapes of black and green cutting across the sides.

On the bus were seven passengers. There was a passenger sitting next to the driver; three sitted at the front row; David at the middle row and two other passengers were seated at the last row. They were on black vest, with tribal marks etched in their faces that made one know they were typical ilesha indigenes.

They looked identical in the dim of the bus and one could mistaken them for a twin if not that, one was more light in complexion than the other. Bleaching cream had done some good work on his body while the other was completely dark, same with the colour of a mamba snake.

“Be like say na zombie be the guy” one of them whispered into the other's ear. And he nodded in return.

The way they all looked on the bus, apart from David, one would have easily identify something was not right with these people on the bus. They were dressed the way one could picture the evil plans on their minds.

Davids stature was too huge for a boy of 20years old. He was heavily built, 6ft7 when he stood. His mouth was a bit bent in the horror-like face he carried about. Both legs of his were covered with dust as you could see from the old people's palm he wore on his feet.
The way he dressed too was funny, depicting one of those dekpes (Eguns) who was just coming to Lagos the first time.
He wore an old school Arsenal arm-less jersey on a black jean.

Beside him was the ghana-must-go sack he had brought his clothes in. His arm resting on it, perhaps it was the bag that attracted the passengers on the bus to him.

He had stood for long at the Obalende Bus-stop since 9:30pm the bus that brought him from Ojota had dropped him there - waiting for a bus going towards the Onikan bridge. And once this bus had appeared without another choice in sight; he had to enter, not considering the suspecting look of the passengers on the bus.

As he sat amongst them, he looked different. May be because he was just coming from Cotonou, somewhat a village to him made him look different from the people of the city. Perhaps, people that stayed in the city of Lagos were often this way, so he thought.

He had been asked by his parents who stayed on the Island of Takwa-Bay, to come and stay with them. He had been born though in Lagos but his upbringing was done in his mother's hometown till he was grown enough to be left in someone's care. Afterwards had attended school there, not even having a clue where his mother and father lived except when they paid him a visit in the village.

He had just finished his Junior Secondary School and they had decided, it was time he came to live with them; going to school and at the same time, helping them with their menial profession of fishing andd coveying passengers with boats/canoe to their nearby dock of departure.

“Na only God know how the school wey them go put me go be. I just hope say e go be like the one for Tokpa” he thought drawing his sack closer.

“Money for front” one out of the three that sat on the front row said, putting his right hand into the wire gauze demarcation separating them from the driver's compartment.

The next thing he saw being handed to the presumed conductor since he said “money for front” was a pistol.

His face changed from the stress and almost sleepy face immediately the streetlight rays aided the grey pistol to flash into his eyes.

“Omo! I don enter one chance o” he soliloquized inaudibly and caressed his fingers may be he was putting on his ring;- jazz ring.

T.b.c,........

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (37) (Reply)

Three Sides Of A Coin / Lost in Lust [A story by Toyin Olorunsola] / STORY: Babe In Total Control

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.