Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,080 members, 7,814,745 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:42 PM

Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. - Literature (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. (154303 Views)

DAYO'S ANGEL( Love, Lust And Betrayal) / Ikádä(throne Of Love): War, Betrayal, Lust,ambition By Angelsss / How Lust For A Teenage Girl Ruined The Life Of An Innocent Boy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (37) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by Sageez(m): 4:43pm On Apr 23, 2015
Fembleez1:

This decision wasn't base on the corrections or criticism I got. I asked for it cause I want to improve. Don't make it fell as if I'm proud cause of the corrections or criticism I got. The decision ain't base on your thought/s.
boss forget 'bout that decision, why tease me when you can't please me Complete your work jare
Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by Fembleez1(m): 4:44pm On Apr 23, 2015
So sad how some Overlords of literature condemn other writers when they haven't read their work. Because some people have been doing it for a long time here doesn't mean Newcomers shouldn't be recognised. I now see what chinweblinkz (wendysmart) meant then.

https://www.nairaland.com/2271406/nairaland-literature-board-change-it/1#33010722
Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by Fembleez1(m): 7:44am On Apr 24, 2015

Fatimah arrived school early on the Wednesday of the 3rd school week. She's been coping well in her new class and department but what seems to be bothering her mind was the marriage proposal her mother had talked about. She knew very well, what their traditions were and what Allah required of a daughter in Islam. She was in between the yawn for further education and leaving for a man's house - as his wife.

She had aunts who had done that, who had Left their studies at a tender/youthful age of 15/16. Leaving primary/basic school to be married to suitors that had shown interest in them soon as they were giving birth to.

Though, she had envied that when she was still in her Junior Secondary School but not anymore. She had developed mentally to know the importance of education for a woman. It don't mean they have to be confined to the four walls of a home, of a kitchen.

Womanhood was more than being an housewife. It had become clear to her reasoning how the society seem to castigate woman and never want to see them as equal with man. She knew now, why women like Thatcher, Akunyili, to mention but a few had struggled to get to the height they had. It was not just getting there but to prove to the world, woman can also contribute positively to the development of the society than just sitting down at home all day; cooking and washing dishes and getting laid.

She rose from her seat, put her bag on the desk and brought a jotter and a pen out of it. She checked her wristwatch and it was still 7:05am. How very early she had made it to school wasn't something she felt like thinking about.

“Fatimah, you must get married, immediately after your secondary school. Whether you like it or not,” her mum shouted.

“But mum. Can't tradition change for once? At least let mine be the alteration.” She replied calmly, so as not to get her mum vexed. That would mean disrespect.

“Don't let this illumination of yours be a bad guide to the pit of hell”

“Mum! I want to be more than a housewife. I want to be myself. Be a woman that won't depend on any man. A woman that would contribute positively towards the government of the day and take care of poor people and children.” She tried to make her mum see reasons.

“Then, I would rather have you do that to your own children and contribute whatever it is you want to contribute at your husbands house” she dished out “except you don't want to be my daughter again - would you not get married after your secondary school.” She added.

“I will mummy. I'm not saying I won't get married but not when I finish my high school. I must go to the university first.” She retaliated still trying to exhibit her calmness towards her mum. Anything apart that - would mean sinning against God and her.

“Hope you know your father wouldn't want to hear this your rant? And what did I hear you say?” She held her ear “Not even a chance! No one would sponsor you. Hope you hear?”

“I don't care mummy! I don't care” she shouted this time and walked out on her.

She was already dressed for school before 6:30am and she couldn't care what might be her fate setting out that early. Such dangerous journey. She left the house angrily.

She had tried to write in her Diary - how she felt this morning but she couldn't scrub the pen against the jotter she had in her front. Her thoughts were more of someone without a thought. Just clueless about what her fate would be.

Her sister, Zainab , was also not buying their idea and it meant defiance of two siblings towards their parents but they didn't care. You can't impose such decision or suitors on us, - me especially, she thought.

“Fatimah!” Clinton called for the first time standing at her back but she didn't reply. He wasn't sure she even heard his call.

“Fatimah!!” The second time and still, no reply.

“Fatimah!!!” He called out and touched her, as she startled where she stood. “What have you been thinking about?”

“Nothing, really! Thank you” she said and walked away from his presence, - heading towards the door.

“You said nothing? Haven't I been at your back for almost 4 minutes? Just wonder why you call me your friend when you can't share your problem with me” he said. His back was against the direction she walked across. He didn't turn but he heard no more steps.

She stopped abruptly at the foot of the door and turned back. She walked towards him and stood at his back for several seconds before she finally broke out.

“I'm sorry Clinton. I'm truly sorry! Just that, I felt,........”

“Shhhhh!” He cut her shut turning to face her.

“Are you busy?” He questioned. Smiles shaping out from the sides of his mouth.

“Not really!” She sighed, her two hands which held the book, were crossed against each other - falling.

“Let's take a stroll” he collected her jotter from her and the pen.

“That, dear! Not to be read or held by others. Tis my Diary” she smiled sheepishly. Her demeanour creeping out from wherever they might have been caged, - depressed and burden stricken.

“Oh! Sorry love” he said and handed it back to her. “Can I have your hand please?”

“Sure” she replied and they walked together towards the big field, same area the food vendors were.

Clinton was the boy she had later settled to be friends with, after Adefemi had said - he was occupied.

He was fair in complexion as she was but not as light skin as hers. He was same age with her but a science student. He had two marks, tribal - hanging eleven on his face. Very unfamiliar, as if he had got the marks from a fight but they were really from his mother's people, the `Bendelite.'

It happened their friendship had bounded along boyfriend and girlfriend lines, in the Nigerian sense of it. She loves him now, very much! They were new in the world of `i love you' and it felt they had just been offered Scholarship to study at the University of London. Such euphoria and madness (not intended as harsh) in the hearts of two young - love birds.

“Hope what you are bothered about ain't that much, - you could share with me?”

“Nothing much than the way I walked out of my mum today.”

He stopped walking hearing that and faced her, staring into her face. His face frowned as though, he would scold her for doing that.

“I'm sorry” she begged -`sorrow'ed.' She looked away from him. “It was an argument and it got worst. I didn't really mean to do that!”

She paused and waited to see his reaction. This might seem really bad. He might feel I'm not humble and don't respect my parents. He might scold me, she thought already sobbing in her heart.

“You mean” he paused and looked sternly into her face, though she avoided his.

“You mean, you've been thinking all about that? Just that - made you lose control of your head and embraced the pillow of thoughts?”

She didn't know may be his reply was driving to a positive point or negative, so she decided to remain quiet.

“Common dear. You don't need that. Come along. Would tell you what you would do when you get home.”

She was surprised at what he said. Not even a shout at me? Oh Lord! This is such a darling!!!. Someone I had always dreamt about. Someone who wouldn't scold me when I make a mistake, she thought.

“You deserve more than thoughts. Look at such beauty of yours! Don't you know, worries only get one ugly?” He added as they continued walking.

She felt teased and flattered but she decided it would mean pride to explode with `blushes' and laughter or just springing up questions like, really? Or exclamation like, wow! I'm flattered!!!.

“When you get home, just smile in her presence and tell her, you are sorry! Her heart would melt and she would overlook what you did.” He said as they entered an ice-cream joint.

“Thank you so much Clinton” she said. But deep in her heart, she doesn't feel she needs to apologise. That would mean weakness and accepting to submit to her will.

she hadn't told him (Clinton) what really was the cause of the argument and he doesn't even care to know and she felt he doesn't need to know. She couldn't bear to see how he would take her pragmatic parents. That would mean insult and probably, ridicule, - and that, she doesn't want.

Though, they might not be on same page on the issue of marriage or no marriage after school but she still held her parents' images in high esteem.

“Vanilla for two,” he ordered.

“Would that be all?” The Ice-cream man asked.

“That would do, thank you!”

He was handed the ice-cream which had been `pumped' into a very small bowl that looked more like a cover of a shoe-spray.

“Have this dear.”

“Thank you so much Clinton. I can't thank you enough for the cheerfulness you've brought my heart into these few minutes. Feels like you've been doing that all year!”

She smiled and rub his left hand a little, for the sake of not being seen as doing something immoral, at her age.

“Don't mention it love” he blushed “that's what friends should do.”

They stared into each others' eyes as they bowled their ice-cream down their throats. They smiled, laughed and `gist'ed' till the bell rang for the morning Assembly.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by Fembleez1(m): 7:49am On Apr 24, 2015
Sageez:
boss forget 'bout that decision, why tease me when you can't please me Complete your work jare
harjibolar10:

Oga, you are free to suites yourself oooo
Cos, I won't Want to say something that will cause some rukus here, and moreover nobody is paying you any return on it. ..
Baba harji, please do ask thronekid about our discussion boss.
shoyemiayodeji:

Here we go again oooooo............finish this one first u hear?....you can now kill anything/anybody you want.
prettydiva89:

you want me to swear for you abi,abeg finish something

We may now proceed cheesy. I've relayed my grievances to master thronekid wink
Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by Nobody: 3:57pm On Apr 24, 2015
Correct: VANILLA ICECREAM FOR TWO.......putting two @ the back means two for each person .
Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by Fembleez1(m): 4:31pm On Apr 24, 2015
shoyemiayodeji:
Correct: VANILLA ICECREAM FOR TWO.......putting two @ the back means two for each person .

Thanks boss. Modified. wink
Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by Fembleez1(m): 4:35pm On Apr 24, 2015

Dedicated to Dopeyomi, Mandela and all dudes in room 303 IBP.

“Guy, na assembly bell I hear so o” Maxwell said to the others.

“Oga forget that stuff joor, make we baze small before anything” David said, full of confidence.

He had been introduced by Maxwell to the school 2 on Friday, the 2nd week of school. He had found David to be someone who doesn't fear anything, though, he doesn't know what and what David is or what charms he possessed but he knew he wouldn't be any cool guy with his height and walk. However, it is not written in both height and walk.

He remembered how he had brought James, the first week. James too had joined them but he hasn't been frequent in attendance. Bringing new people meant he would have to shoulder, less - the burden of buying `shayo' (drinks) for the house.

He was without doubt, the richest amongst the members of school 2. How they had turned it into a club was more surprising but it was good. Such group could protect one, when things go out of hands with some niggas out there.

David had been brought just last week into the school 2 but he appeared to have taken more weeds than all the members of the group had taken since they started school some 3 weeks ago. He was sure, a master before he came here.

“But they fit go make announcement na” Maxwell tried to make him see reason.

“I tell you make you forget. Anything wey dem announce. We go hear am” David boasted.

He had been some half corrupt before he came to Lagos but just 3 weeks and he was planning on staying out of assembly was now getting to be the worst thing he could do. He doesn't seem to care, the poor condition of his parents. Not even a future, he had for himself.

Maxwell, who to himself - had not reasoned how his own life was starting to move towards utter shambles, felt pity for David. He felt like a devil for having brought him to join this school 2. But now, David was starting to do what he, could not do.

“James, `mook' (make) we dey go abeg. Leave this guy make him do wetin him want”

James stood up, dusted his buttocks off grasses that clung to it.

“Give me the toothpaste and brush wey I put inside your bag, abeg” Maxwell requested and James brought it out.

It was their routine to wash their mouth once they finished all their smoking and drinking. Followed by taking TomTom sweet to suppress the weed odour.

They both bent and brushed, then took a wrap of sweet each out, chewing it immediately. Then later brought out another wrap which was meant to be left rolling inside their mouths till it finish melting.

“Guy, we don go be that” Maxwell said and they left the school 2.

Meanwhile,...........

“Morning students!”

“Morning ma” they chorused the principal.

“This is to announce to you, your First Continuous Assessment Test would come up next week. You should be prepared. And secondly, this test would determine may be you are in the right class, for SS1 students” she said facing their direction.

“Once you don't pass this test exceedingly well. You should rather find your bearing to other classes than waste your time till the very end, when you might repeat. Is that clear?”

“Yes ma.”

She left the podium and the male Vice- principal came on stage.

“Good morning everybody. It is believed that some students are starting to fall way - off the line. We beg them to retrace their steps now or rather, face the consequences.” Mr. Adedigba said as Maxwell and James ran towards their line as if they were coming from home, late.

“I shall now introduce to you, our new teachers. NYSC student-teachers, who have come to stay with us for the time being.” He said as the new faces came out of the classroom.

“I think it is better, they introduce themselves to us. Please we do like to meet you people,” Mr Adedigba said formally.

“I'm Mr. Akeem, I shall be teaching you Introductory Technology.”

“I'm Mr. Godswill”

“And I'm Mr. Raphael. We'll both be taking you Computer Science.”

“I'm Mrs. Yemisi” she laughed. Her teeth flashing white against her black skin. “I shall be taking you P.H.E”

“Well, I'm Mr Ekpaeyong. I shall' be teaching you Shorthand di” he stressed in his calabar accent.
His eyes looked shut, as though he had taken a shot before coming this morning. He didn't look like a student-teacher cause he appeared older than all the others who had introduced themselves.

“Won't you welcome our beautiful teachers?” Mr. Adedigba bent his neck, laughing at nothing in particular.

“You are welcome to Wahab High School” they chorused as if they were still in the primary school.

“Thank you. You may now retire into your classes” Mr. Adedigba said and the student filed on a single line to their classes while the teachers gathered as often.

###############################

It has been 3 weeks after resumption and still no sign of Tosin. She hadn't even show face or her ghost. But rumour has it that, she had travelled to Calabar to complete her secondary school education. He didn't believe that because he regarded it as rumour.

Things were getting out of hands, out of the control of his yawns and he doesn't know, how long he might have to wait for someone he hadn't re-declare his feelings for.

If truly, she had moved to continue her studies in Calabar. He couldn't figure it out. No one had ever made notice he/she has her call line. At least, it would have served a purpose, he thought.

However, Zainobu , his fantasy was now back. She had resumed the 2nd day of the first week of resumption. She changed so much that, she was different from the small girl, with just dotted chest on her front - while they were still in the Junior school.

The new Zainobu he saw on that day was one who was shaping into a sexy lady. Her breast were now out but not ripe. The nipple were not that strut-out the way a fully matured lady's would have been. Her cheek bone which looked same way as Asa, the artiste who sang Fire On The Mountain - were now poked. It felt as though she was suffering but it really made her beautiful.

He had started approaching her the second week. Informing her how he had long to see her. The way he had counted houses, expecting she might appear from one balcony out of the numerous but it couldn't happen the way it did in Indian film.

Those types of love, he had imagined - not to be real life love. They were just movie made. So long, he had tried all the tricks but still nothing in connivance with the way it had happened in several Indian films.

No matter how much he told her he likes her now and wanted them to be friends, she had often said - they can't be, since they were brothers' and sisters.'

“To hell with that” he rebuked “don't want to hear you say that again. We are not even related in any way.”

“But, we are friends now”. She had often countered in her Yoruba accented nasal voice.

Still, he hasn't been able to hit a bull's eye in his conquest. Such conquest was more than colonialism. His was a conquest of love. One that would never be avoided or revolted against even with the slightest nationalism she might device once they were graduating. He planned on holding her close, but couldn't think of what fate lurk ahead.

It was a free period at the moment for his class. The last two periods of the school day - on the timetable. The noise was much in his class as many were discussing different things; football, adventure games, biology, E.t.c but he was uncomfortable with such noise.

He looked towards a seat at the right which was occupied by Daniel and Vincent, reading and revising their notes.
He felt, may be he should also take his note and read - as the test was getting closer but he dismissed it once he remembered they haven't given them a timetable for the test.

`may be I should go to Commercial class and see Zainobu,' he thought and rose up from his seat - about to act on his thought.

“Guy, where you dey go?” Lazarus, his seat partner asked.

“I wan go check something for library” he lied.

“Shuuuu! Which library be that one o, Mr. Liar!”

“abeg, forget! I dey come first”

“Abi, you don dey go meet that Yoruba girl?”

“You be mumu, ode!” He cursed.

“Guy, show first. I want tell you something. Bring your ear,” Laz tried to persuade him and he answered.

He brought his ear and Laz spoke into it.

“Leave that girl guy. No be your type. You fit toast this black Zainab, Fatimah friend. She fit you wella”

“Guy, commot abeg. I dey show now now now” he said and strolled towards the exit.

“You no go come make we read?” Laz shouted but he didn't reply.

He had also nursed his friend's thought about Fatimah's friend but he felt he shouldn't do that, though, she interested him.

If he were to follow the quote or saying “black is beautiful," he wouldn't have thought about Zainobu at all - cause truly, Fatimah's friend was such an ebony beauty.

But he didn't care for now, Zainobu was the girl he needs to get.

He entered the class which was more rowdy than his class. Such lazy and playful people in such a class. Only God knows how they would be faring in their Account.

“Zainobu, what's up na?” He greeted sitting on the desk, opposite hers.

“Nothing much. How is your friend, Lazarus?” She asked looking sideways towards where he sat.

“Forget about him for now joor. How about what I told you?”

“I've told you, we can't date. We are brothers' and sisters',” she said and laughed.

Her friends came inside at that moment and “mmmm! Mmmm!” mocked.

“This brothers' and sisters', na so he dey lead to another thing o”

“Small time now, you go see them they,............”

The Commerce teacher, who was also Adefemi's class teacher came into the Commercial class at that time and he scampered off the desk he sat and before you know it, he dashed out of the class.

“Adefemi, come back here!”

T,b,c,...........
Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by Fembleez1(m): 7:05pm On Apr 24, 2015
The last update has been modified. All the typos and stuff's been updated.
Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by Dopeyomi(m): 10:33pm On Apr 24, 2015
Dedicated to Dopeyomi, Mandela and all dudes in
room 203 IBP.

#Sir Fembleez1 you're highly sighted bRo.. I've been busy lately tHo.. But I've gone through the updates I couldn't catch up it, its been cool bro..

Baba na Room 303 o Unity hall!!!
Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by Fembleez1(m): 3:58am On Apr 25, 2015
Dopeyomi:

Dedicated to Dopeyomi, Mandela and all dudes in
room 203 IBP.

#Sir Fembleez1 you're highly sighted bRo.. I've been busy lately tHo.. But I've gone through the updates I couldn't catch up it, its been cool bro..

Baba na Room 303 o Unity hall!!!

Modified boss. How exam baba? smiley
Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by harjibolar10(m): 4:19am On Apr 25, 2015
Fembleez1:

Baba harji, please do ask thronekid about our discussion boss. wink
Okay Oga me sir

I surely will oo, you know its not that I'm angry or something, but I'm kind of occupied this days, so I'm sorry for the earlier comment

Keep em coming boss
Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by Dopeyomi(m): 12:37pm On Apr 25, 2015
Fembleez1:

Modified boss. How exam baba? smiley

baba na next saturday we go start.. I just dey read like mad person.. I don read sotey head no wan carry book again!
Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by Nobody: 5:11pm On Apr 25, 2015
Thanks for the update fem.. sorry for the late comment got a low ba3.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by Fembleez1(m): 7:08pm On Apr 26, 2015
harjibolar10:

Okay Oga me sir

I surely will oo, you know its not that I'm angry or something, but I'm kind of occupied this days, so I'm sorry for the earlier comment

Keep em coming boss

Thanks baba mi. smiley
Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by Fembleez1(m): 7:09pm On Apr 26, 2015
Dopeyomi:

baba na next saturday we go start.. I just dey read like mad person.. I don read sotey head no wan carry book again!

Sorry boss. You gaz endure, baba God go help you!
Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by Fembleez1(m): 7:11pm On Apr 26, 2015
prettydiva89:
Thanks for the update fem.. sorry for the late comment got a low ba3.

I should thank you dear, for always sparing time to read my work. smiley
Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by Fembleez1(m): 7:12pm On Apr 26, 2015
please note that there is no more zainab this or that again. For you not to get bored by names of characters. There is just one Zainab (Fatimah's friend) and Zainob(whom adefemi if wooing)take note of the letter O. So please I have tried to amend. As a young writer, I learn everyday and it's one of those things. Enjoy the fun to come!

“Ma! Ermm! I came to collect my book from someone ma” he said as he walked back to answer her.

“Did I ask you any question in the first place?” The commerce teacher asked smiling.

He couldn't open his mouth nor use hands for explanation. His statement had betrayed him already.

“Tell your class to come here for commerce, since you people are less busy”

“Ok ma” he said.

############################

After school had closed, David had thought twice what he should do. May be school 2 was still possible to go or rather, he should leave for home.

He went out of his classroom, where he had stood at the door for almost 2minutes. He strolled to the back of the school but found nobody there. He sat on a stone - his head resting backwards on the school building.

It struck him the day seemed slow, not knowing the weather was just playing tricks - it was already past 5:15pm. He had slept off before the bell rang and no one woke him up until he rose himself some few minutes ago.

`which kind life be this self? Why I dey do all this things wey I dey do? See my mama and papa dey pray make I make am but na smoke and drink I come dey do for here. Mehn! I gaz change o. I really gaz stop to dey do all this things' he thought.

He raised him head towards the heaven and made the sign of the cross in an absurd way.

“Baba God, abeg forgive me o!” He soliloquized.

“Who is there?” A voice came from afar. He didn't know who it was but he guessed it might be one of the teachers because the voice came through the direction of the teacher's quarters. He thought for a moment may be he should answer or just keep mute. It might be, that, the person was just guessing. But it didn't seem, when the second call rang out.

“I said who is there?”

This time, he realised the person really knew someone was there - so he stood up and walked towards the quarters. He stopped some 15inches before the man.

He was a former teacher of Wahab High School but had been transferred to another school, - yet, he still made use of the school quarters. It was quite understandable, it wouldn't be easy to get a house at his new environment. More is because, he might be minimizing for his children - that, may be the reason he still had to maintain this house.

The man was on black suit with red bow-tie knot on his white shirt. He stood on one leg and the other was raised a bit above the floor - a result of the accident that rendered him lame at his young age, some very long time ago. There was a crutch, handy - which aided his movement wherever he went or might want to go.

“What are you doing there?” The man who grey hair were starting to spring out of his head asked.

“Nothing sir, I just decided to rest and feel the breeze a little”

“Okay! Can you please help me get that coconut?” He said pointing to the 9ft coconut tree (Cocos Nucifera) which was some inches afar the mango tree (Mangifera Indica), “the ripe one which hangs among that bunch.”

“Which of them sir?” David asked bending his neck and looking up to see which of them, the man was referring to.

“That one! Can you see it?”

“Oh, okay sir! Can I get a stick?” He requested.

“I think that bamboo trunk should be of use, if not at all.”

David walked towards the wall, the Bamboo trunk was resting. He took it and came under the specific coconut and started banging the trunk against and beneath it, till it finally fell, `doom' on the ground.

“Thank you very much son. God bless you”

“Amen sir,” he replied, handing the coconut to the man. “Can you do the `pilling' yourself, sir?”

“I surely can do that my son. Thank you very much” he collected the coconut from him and as he was leaving he asked about his name “what's your name?”

“David, sir!” He replied turning back and facing his former direction again.

He remembered he had told Arizona they would go home together today but the day was already f^cked up for him. It might be a result of the excess alcohol he took - that caused his long sleep.

He looked towards the field and decided going there. He might still find a soft drink seller still there. He needed to take something cold, if only he could get one. His stomach was damn hot and he was tasty too.

As he got to the field, he walked passed about 10 kiosk before he finally saw Iya Ben or Mrs Ben, as students often called her.

“Mrs, Ben. Abeg you get cold Sprite?” He asked.

“E no too cold o, the ice don melt finish but if you fit manage am, no problem.”

“Make I see first,” he requested and she brought the bottle out of the remains of the ice block-water, she had bought in the afternoon.
Water were dripping down the bottle as she stretched it towards him - so he could fill it, if it was cold a bit for his taste.

“I go manage am. Abeg, wey opener?”

“You no fit use your teeth open am?” Mrs, Ben joked.

“My teeth no be iron. This one no dey strong.”

She helped him removed the `crown-cork' with the opener. “You no go come inside come si'-down?”

“No worry Mrs, Ben. I go stand like this” he spoke his last for that moment and took the bottle to his mouth, gulping down the drink. His mouth, throat and stomach making noise.

Meanwhile, at some distance to where he stood where some few guys. Two among them, were the ones who trailed the 3 friends (Fatimah, Mariam and Zainab), the day they went to the market.

“Guy, I hear say one guy don come join una for school 2” one of the two asked the others, who sat on stones they had erected in the earth themselves, inside the bush.

“Ehn na, na one mumu guy like that, wey wan dey claim oga, on top us wey him meet for school 2 o,” Principo said, after which, he puffed his weed.

“Shuuuuu! Where him think say him come from, abi who him think say him be?” The second guy, who accompanied the first, reacted.

“I no even know wetin give am the liver but soon I go show am say, no body dey mess with Principo.”

“Na so baba mi. No `barger' fit mess with us” the two replied. While others just concentrated on their smokes, attending to it, so the fire won't die off.

“I no say dem this Wahab dey always like to show themselves and we go teach them say Akande and Ilado na baba for Wahab side. Dem be our pikin and we go treat their f^ck up starting from that David guy.” Another who was among them in the morning-school 2 session bragged.

After David had finished his drink, he paid Mrs. Ben, walked back to the school to take his school bag and he set for home. He wasn't going to see any boat today at the shore since he was late.
It was only left for him to either find a place to sleep till it was morning before he went home - with the first boat to see his parents and later set out for school.
Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by Fembleez1(m): 7:16pm On Apr 26, 2015
Smooth278:
Nice one bro... Will be waiting for further updates... Kudos

Sorry for not welcoming you before bro. Abeg no vex for me, make I use my shirt clean this kings' chair for you. Abeg si-don for the highest table grin
Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by Fembleez1(m): 7:24pm On Apr 26, 2015
Sageez, abeg no vex for me o. You are welcome to my thread. Make you si-don near that babe for high table but no let the husband catch you o. grin
Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by Fembleez1(m): 7:26pm On Apr 26, 2015
More updates drops tonight or early tomorrow.

Happy sunday, though, it is night already! wink
Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by Nobody: 8:10pm On Apr 26, 2015
kudos fem

1 Like

Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by harjibolar10(m): 9:08pm On Apr 26, 2015
Fembleez1:

Oya Oga, let's have your WhatsApp number oo

Or you ping me on 08147115314
Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by Sageez(m): 10:10pm On Apr 26, 2015
Fembleez1:
Sageez, abeg no vex for me o. You are welcome to my thread. Make you si-don near that babe for high table but no let the husband catch you o. grin
lolz, thanks bro, don't worry 'bout her hubby, i came prepared. Ride on bro

1 Like

Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by Sageez(m): 10:12pm On Apr 26, 2015
Fembleez1:

grab a bottle of origin and pop corn, waiting patiently for your update

1 Like

Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by Fembleez1(m): 12:01am On Apr 28, 2015

The morning assembly had just been dispersed but lectures for the day had not started. Teachers were all gathered at the staff room, discussing things which were nebulous to the knowledge of the student.

Some of the students stood outside their classrooms discussing with friends from other departments. Some were gisting about their previous encounter with boys coming up to them at the bus-stop, food canteen or wherever they might find them standing or walking - just to toast (woo) them.

“Do you know he came to meet me on my way to the bus-stop yesterday?” a girl from the SS1 tried explaining to her friends.

“Really?” They chorused.

“Yes na! I was so frightened and felt insecure. There was a time I felt, I was going to be kidnapped.”

“Tell us more jare” one of her friends requested, enthused.

“He was like, “I've been noticing, you are gentle and you don't often associate yourself with those classy girls of Art class, who claim to be the most beautiful of all. I just laughed boisterously as though I were being told a joke by a comedian. The guy was just too funny. Then he later requested for my number!”

“Did you give him?” Another of her friend questioned hurriedly. Her eyeballs came out as if the sun were setting on the horizon of the sea side.

“Why should I? When I'm not mad!” She replied to the disappointment of about 3 of her friends.

“But you should na? At least, talk to him on phone to see his intention/s.”

“Oh, let me finish explaining myself before you people start seeing me as one who doesn't want to associate with boys”

“Okay, go on then!” About two chorused and were absolutely - now interested in what she had not said and was willing to tell them. One of them leaned on the wall of the corridor.

“Once I rejected not giving my line. He asked may be he should give me his. Imagine! I just smiled broadly, then walked some distance ahead but he caught up with me.
He said I was beautiful and blah blah blah. Later, he said, he would like if we could be friends and I replied - that can't be possible since we were not in the same school - and by the look of things, he would be ahead of me in class. Probably in his SS2 or 3 I guess.” She finished explaining and waited for her friends reaction.

There was some few silence between them. They all stared at her as though they deride what she had just said. They never knew her with a boy before and that was the opportunity of getting one for herself but she had ruined it by the look of things.

“You mean to tell me, you didn't accept his request?” A light skin girl, with blossoming beauty, asked - already knowing the answer she was going to get from the `dundee' of a friend she had.

“Yes na. I told him it can't be possible and I left for home. I saw the disappointment in his face but who cares anyway!”

“Then, I see you are foolish” the light skin girl cursed and walked out of the gathering.

“Why you come carry am for head like plantain chips now?” Onome asked her friend who was walking towards the bushy paths to the field. Her hands swinging and following some rhythmic movement with her big buttocks which were well packaged in her school skirt.

She didn't know about two others who stood before her - had walked away too. But one of them remained and spoke calmly but also plainly, without mincing words.

“I think you need to change Ono (as she was called for short). You can't keep ignoring all boys that come your way. You are 18 already - forget you're still in SS1.”

“Thank you. I appreciate but,..........” She was cut short by her friend.

“Promise me, you will make things up to the guy?”

“I will try. I can't promise what I'm not sure of,” she said.

“Ok then!” Her friend replied and they both rested on the wall looking towards the Science class.

Mariam appeared from nowhere and was walking towards their path. She looked a bit chubby than her normal size this morning and her face was bright.
As she got to the door of the staff-room, she gazed the room and walked off facing front again. She approached the two friends but did what she had never done before.

“Please, have you seen Zainab and Fatimah pass through this direction?” She asked.

She didn't get a response. She felt a rile well up in her but she subdued it with few breath and walked out of their presence.

When she had gone some distance away. They gossiped.

“Look how fat she is. Stupid thing who claims to be more beautiful than the rest of us” Onome's friend abused. “See her ass like sliced mango in halves.”

There had often been the tendency of commercial students not on good terms or at all, talking terms with Science students. But this was way off the topic. It was more of a beauty contest than the classes they belonged or whatever benefit was attached to them.

“Do you know my boyfriend was seen talking to that witch yesterday at the bus-stop when I was busy looking for him in his school” Onome's friend continued.

“Like seriously?” Onome was surprised.

“have I ever lied to you before?”

But she got no reply as her friend look on in surprise.

“She is just a boyfriend snatcher but I will soon show her that, levels pass levels” she boasted.

“But I heard she doesn't associate with boys. That she is the `holies of holies'” Onome tried to whine her friend to say more than required.

“It is people like them that snatches' others boyfriend and husband, while pretending to have nothing to do with them.” She snarled “but soon, I will make her stay clear of him.”

“Hmmmmmm! Thank God I don't have a bf yet” Onome retorted and they went into their classroom.
Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by Fembleez1(m): 12:02am On Apr 28, 2015
harjibolar10:

Oya Oga, let's have your WhatsApp number oo

Or you ping me on 08147115314

Contacted.
Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by harjibolar10(m): 2:19am On Apr 28, 2015
Fembleez1:

Contacted.
Seen

1 Like

Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by harjibolar10(m): 2:26am On Apr 28, 2015
So, all this boy and girl stuff are all most the same at that kind level at a time in anywhere?

I can remember back then, something (almost the same) like this happen, when a friend of mine claim, that a certain commercial student(as we were confirm Art students then) wanna snatch her so called bf, thou she got it wrong, cos her guy was the one who wanna kill himself on that gal, but she(my friend) don't wanna accept that fact, and the guy later broke up with ma friend, and I so much dislike the guy ehn. .. I hope this won't lead to that ooo

Oga boss, oya continue

2 Likes

Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by Sageez(m): 7:08am On Apr 28, 2015
no matter what, girls will always be girls.

1 Like

Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by Nobody: 8:10am On Apr 28, 2015
This is serious

1 Like

Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by Fembleez1(m): 9:17am On Apr 29, 2015
The early morning sun was starting to appear. The one the biology and their former Integrated Science teacher had told them was of value to human beings. It was one that was really required by the human body as it added nutrient or whatever they had said it does. But to Mariam, it didn't give her any comfort as she was feeling it at her nape.

As she drew closer to some canteens on the pitch. She thought which of them she think her friends might be in. They never went into Iya doughs' shop that early except may be they were extremely hungry. Often, they only come to the field to buy chewing gums, lollipops or chocolate.

She paused at the mouth of Iya doughs shop but couldn't see the shadows of her friends, not to talk about them. She was starting to sweat profusely now which she never liked. It made her look somehow because she had very active sweat glands. She wiped her face with the handkerchief she often took with her.

As she walked a bit further, she decided it was time to turn back because walking also contributed to the sweats. She halted, turned to face the school direction but turned back again and walked checking each kiosk one after another.

She used the handkerchief to clean the sweats on her two arms. This sun was getting her really angry with the way it caused heat. Though it wasn't shining with military force but the heat it was causing was more than a normal afternoon sun on a sahara desert would cause.

Where might these girls be? She thought as she approached the last kiosk which sold stationary and some mouth functions.

“Here you her” she sighed seeing the two friends but they both were in shock as they struggled to hide what they had been reading. Fatimah made sure it was well hidden in her bra.

“What is that you are hiding and why are you two in shock? Been up to some bad things lately?”

She didn't get any reply from the two who rather laughed youthfully and chewed their mouths.

“You know I could rumple you and get whatever you've hidden there!” Mariam said pointing to where Fatimah had hidden whatever she had hid.

“Well, I know you can't” replied Zainab. “Do you mind a chocolate bar?”

“Don't bother” she refused, then continued “been looking for you two since morning. Why did you both leave without informing me your whereabouts?”

“You know you are in the science class and it is quite far from our class. And we thought you might be busy anyway.”

“But you both know as well as I do, I wasn't. No teacher was ready to teach since they were still in session with the principal” she looked inquiring from both friends.

“Uhmmmmm!”

“What is it?” Mariam asked.

“Nothing really. Just that,.......... Don't worry” Fatimah said.

“Anyway, can I get either of your biology notebook? I need to complete my note. Would have to make use of it to read for the test coming up on Monday and Tuesday.”

“I would give that to you in class” Zainab assured.

“Don't you see the timetable is somehow” Fatimah asked, rising up to take a bottle water from the fridge. She walked back to her seat and removed the seal of the bottle - and opened its cover. She gulped down some little content and covered the bottle back.

“I don't know who set such timetable. Economics, Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry and English on same day. What sort of madness can that be?” Mariam cursed.

“I don't even know how I'm going to read all those. And this would be our first test.” Zainab felt worried. Her face changed from the laughter filled face to one that appeared to have been struck with instant despair.

“This High school is really going to be tough more than we thought” Fatimah said her last and was lost in thought.

She thought about what she had hidden in her bra. It was a letter that had been address to her friend, Mariam. But she had not delivered it to her rather, - had opened it at her back and read it with Zainab.

That was some betrayal, she felt sober. She shouldn't have done that. It was not friendly to be engage in such. It felt somehow, intruding on someone privacy. How would her friend get to feel if she later find out what they had done.

She thought about bringing it out to give her friend and ask for her forgiveness but she shrugged it off. She knew what she would do to the letter when it was right.

It wasn't as if Mariam would even reply the letter. She never had interest in boys. Might be - she had her mind on the husband her parents had said she would get married to but she decided that couldn't be the case.

Mariam, though wasn't as rebellious as she was when she was told about the decision but she had not loved it but kept her calm since she didn't want to be seen opposing the teachings and words of the prophets.

She looked at Zainab to pass a sign with the face or ask her something but she didn't in turn look towards her direction. She was engrossed in a discussion with Mariam but her ears were apt to know it wasn't about the letter.
She trusted Zainab but one couldn't say when trust was relevant and genuine. Even ones blood often betrayed one. She thought the only thing she would do was to follow the plan she had.

“Don't you think it is time we left for school. The teachers might have been through with the principal by now,” Fatimah cut her friends short of whatever they had been talking about.

“That's true. Let's start going” Zainab spoke up. And they all moved out of the kiosk, heading towards the school.

“I wanted to tell you about this guy,” Mariam started “when you people left me behind - in school yesterday. As I was passing towards the back of Government Colllege Ikoyi. He called at me. Don't even know how he knew my name”

“Oh, you think these boys don't know our names in the whole complex. They do!” Fatimah put in and she changed her position.
She walked across Zainab who was in the middle to the other hand where Mariam walked - so that, Mariam could be in the middle, then they followed her side by side as though they were some presidential escorts.

“I wasn't surprised that much though, but he later asked may be he could walk me to the bus-stop. I replied I wasn't that lonely and I had things I was thinking about as my partner that moment. But he was spirited and followed me. He introduced himself as Melvin and how he had got to know who I was. He said he was Clinton's brothers friend. I later got to like him with the way he expressed himself”

“Hmmmmmmm! Hmmmmmmmm!” Jest her friends.

“Not as you people think anyway! I just saw he was funny and all that. Nothing attached to it.” She rebuffed their thoughts.

“So he didn't ask that - you be his girlfriend?” Fatimah asked grinning.

“Not at all. He just said he would like if we could get to speak and have fun the way we did walking to the bus-stop yesterday and seriously, I'm dying to do that again! Arh, God!” She said and sighed.

She didn't know when she started laughing. Her hearts were now ringing some sonorous melody. Her blood seemed to be the acoustics. She was so filled with happiness.

“I see you are happy. Look at your face, you must have started having fantasy about him!” Zainab smiled and swing her face somehow, it felt as though she was jealous.

“Not what you think anyway! All I know is that, I just like his calm and he doesn't look bad anyway! He's cute and wow!” She exclaimed.

No one amongst her friends believed Mariam was the one saying this. It was unlike her. She had never in her life complimented boys. Though, she had never done that in the Junior school - which meant it wasn't ripe then to do, but how things were changing with each of them was more than they could imagine.

“I can see you're already falling in love with him” Fatimah jumped suddenly at Mariam's front and she in turn halted. She gazed into her eyes as though she were an Optician, examining the eyes of her patient. It was as if she wanted to see, may be, the guy had cast some spell on her friend. She really wanted to know if it was the Mariam she knew.

Zainab looked surprised at Fatimah's action and watched what Mariam's would be. They had stopped walking at the middle of the low grass lawn on either sides - with a path in the middle. But Fatimah didn't see whatever she might have been looking for in her friend's eyes/face.

“Don't stare at me like that.” She rebuked Fatimah.”

“Oh, sorry!“ She flew off her body, perhaps she's been lost in foolish thoughts. And they started walking again. But no words came from any of them till they had gotten close to the school.

“Please, can I get the biology note now?”

“You can come along, would give it to you” Zainab said and they entered the classroom.
Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by Fembleez1(m): 9:22am On Apr 29, 2015
Please ignore the typos and stuff. Would edit it later, I mean the last update.

Service here been bad, just had to quickly drop that as it came up right now!

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (37) (Reply)

Three Sides Of A Coin / Lost in Lust [A story by Toyin Olorunsola] / STORY: Babe In Total Control

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 133
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.