Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,724 members, 7,820,512 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:17 PM

Lagos; APC Leads In All LGA Except 3 (NOT Confirmed) - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos; APC Leads In All LGA Except 3 (NOT Confirmed) (32506 Views)

Ondo Elections : Statistics And Number Of Registered Voters In All Lga's In Ondo / Rivers LG Poll: APC Leads In 22 Out Of 23 Councils / APC Leads In Seven Lgas In Yobe - The Nation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos; APC Leads In All LGA Except 3 (NOT Confirmed) by Mynd44: 5:16am On Mar 29, 2015
safarigirl:
anything seen as a GEJ associate will become collateral damage...in this case, any PDP aspirant
This is why Dimeji Bankole did not want to run for Senate after being cheated out of the Ogun state gubernatorial ticket.

He knew people wont differentiate between senate, presidential and HOR.

1 Like

Re: Lagos; APC Leads In All LGA Except 3 (NOT Confirmed) by ziccoit: 5:16am On Mar 29, 2015
Afam4eva:

In the SW, Jonathan's contender was Ribadu who won Osun state. Ribadu was voted for because was running under the auspices of ACN.

If the statement that NE and NWners gave GEJ more than 25% vote cast in 2011 was true and that Ribadu won Osun and managed to get some votes across SW stood, that none of the major candidates was able to put up to 25% performance in any of SS and SEtern states put a big question mark on political sagacity of the regions. Abi Ribadu too didn't campaign in those regions in 2011.
Re: Lagos; APC Leads In All LGA Except 3 (NOT Confirmed) by Mynd44: 5:18am On Mar 29, 2015
ziccoit:

If the statement that NE and NWners gave GEJ more than 25% vote cast in 2011 was true and that Ribadu won Osun and managed to get some votes across SW stood, that none of the major candidates was able to put up to 25% performance in any of SS and SEtern states put a big question mark on political sagacity of the regions. Abi Ribadu too didn't campaign in those regions in 2011.
The truth remains that Ribadu and Buhari could not have done much in the SS/SE even if they campaigned there.
Re: Lagos; APC Leads In All LGA Except 3 (NOT Confirmed) by ArodeTsolaye: 5:19am On Mar 29, 2015
safarigirl:
Afam the Igbos deserve all they're getting...bery tribalistic lot

Their only grouse with GMB is that he's Hausa and from the North and they've refused to let go of whatever perceived wrongs that were meted out to them by the North during the civil war. They'll rather vote an incompetent dolt than even the most competent man from the North. If that's not the worst form of tribalism, I don't know what is

It's times like these that I'm ashamed to be Igbo, we can never move forward like this. It's really pathetic what we have been reduced to. I've never supported Jonathan and I never will, but Igbo people keep dragging this country down with their pettiness every single time. What kind of bitter souls carry a grudge from almost half a decade?

www.nairaland.com/2223040/how-ended-up-voting-jonathan#32102852

Pls read and cure yourself of ignorance. hausa-fulani support for GMB is based on Ethnicity and religion.100% yoruba muslim support for GMB. is religion-based, some yoruba christian support is because their son is on the ticket. The Northerners and yorubas have the right to play the ethnoreligious card and Easterners shouldn't have the right to do so?. Let Nigeria burn if it will GMB is not coming to power. MARK MY WORDS.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos; APC Leads In All LGA Except 3 (NOT Confirmed) by Mynd44: 5:20am On Mar 29, 2015
Afam4eva please caution these guys before they chase us out with their soon to come fight
Re: Lagos; APC Leads In All LGA Except 3 (NOT Confirmed) by tmotmo: 5:21am On Mar 29, 2015
MayorofLagos:

.....they came out boldly in support of Koro and Agbaje.

Their own don baje for Lagos.

I doubt what you said sir.
Beacuse average yoruba by nature are the most accommodating species of this country and that is why you see it in the first place that other tribes are taking refuge in Lagos and other Yoruba areas more than any part of the country.

Their own never baje for Lagos, it is due to the type of Leadership style under president Jonathan that divided us along the line of tribe and religion, if not for choice of Pastor Osinbajo, a high ranking Christian figure from the South West, by APC Leadership. The Duo of religious and ethnic sentiments instilled in Nigeria political fabrics would have ( I repeat and am sure) handed victory to PDP at the start of the election Nationwide.

However, for those who tolled the line designed Jonathan/PDP, they will be rehabilitated!!!!

#IHaveDecided
#ByGodsGrace_ItShallBeRealised
#Progress4Nigeria
#VotedGMB/PYO

1 Like

Re: Lagos; APC Leads In All LGA Except 3 (NOT Confirmed) by customized07: 5:23am On Mar 29, 2015
safarigirl:
if at this stage, I still have to remind you why Buhari is a better choice compared to GEJ, then you're the stewpid one amongst us both and may your stewpidity not lead you to doom.

Hopefully there will be more wise Nigerians than the stewpid akpu-heads in Igbo land come Monday
is this why you have to through a jab at an entire tribe? Do you know I have Igbo friends that voted buhari?

If at this age you don't know that things won't always go your way and people won't always want your choice, then you must be an heddiot.

Your stewpid self is still yet to give a logical reason why buhari should be voted.

10 Likes

Re: Lagos; APC Leads In All LGA Except 3 (NOT Confirmed) by Mynd44: 5:23am On Mar 29, 2015
ArodeTsolaye:

Pls read and cure yourself of ignorance. hausa-fulani support for GMB is based on Ethnicity and religion.100% yoruba muslim support for GMB. is religion-based, some yoruba christian support is because their son is on the ticket. The Northerners and yorubas have the right to play the ethnoreligious card and Easterners shouldn't have the right to do so. Let Nigeria burn if it will GMB is not coming to power. MARK MY WORDS.
Apathy for GEJ has been there before APC was created or Osinbajo got the VP slot. It is a failure of the government.

It is a failure that people see each dat in the Lagos-Ibadan expressway
Lagos-Abeokuta express way
Old Ife Road
And almost all Federal roads in the SW.

It is also the fact that the government did not seem to have a result for Boko Haram. You might say it does not concern them but it creates worry. We can't be seeing dead bodies every other day on the 10 pm news and not find someone to blame

1 Like

Re: Lagos; APC Leads In All LGA Except 3 (NOT Confirmed) by safarigirl(f): 5:24am On Mar 29, 2015
ArodeTsolaye:

Pls read and cure yourself of ignorance. hausa-fulani support for GMB is based on Ethnicity and religion.100% yoruba muslim support for GMB. is religion-based, some yoruba christian support is because their son is on the ticket. The Northerners and yorubas have the right to play the ethnoreligious card and Easterners shouldn't have the right to do so. Let Nigeria burn if it will GMB is not coming to power. MARK MY WORDS.
at least like someone said, GEJ can poll up to 25% votes in the North. You can't tell me that Buhari is so bad that he can't poll same amount in the SE

Nigeria may be largely bigoted and ethnocentric,but the Igbos are the most close-minded people for all the education they supposedly get. Hausas are largely illiterate, what's your excuse?

1 Like

Re: Lagos; APC Leads In All LGA Except 3 (NOT Confirmed) by Afam4eva(m): 5:24am On Mar 29, 2015
ziccoit:

Even Ribadu didn't win in the North despite being from there. he didn't have the political relevance that the ACN gave him in the SW. In the SE, there was no other candidate apart from Jonathan maybe because for whatever reason, they never saw the prospect of winning in that place.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos; APC Leads In All LGA Except 3 (NOT Confirmed) by aresa: 5:24am On Mar 29, 2015
safarigirl:
that's why Igbos are politically redundant. You all should kindly do this country a favour by abstaining from all forms of voting. You always vote useless, incompetent and docile leaders.

....The worst thing is, not one Igbo person ever has a logical reason for voting the blockheads they love to vote. Igbo people shame me during elections. No political sense whatsoever

Re: Lagos; APC Leads In All LGA Except 3 (NOT Confirmed) by Afam4eva(m): 5:27am On Mar 29, 2015
It's actually funny that someone thinks Igbos are tribalistic. If they were as tribalistic as being touted then they would be voting for an Igbo man for presidency year in year out. Where exactly is the tribalism coming from? I don't know. Even the most Igbotic man at a time could not win the east and you still accuse them of tribalism. The same people shouting tribalism are the same people that will say Igbos are not united. it seems yo me that that when Igbos don't do your biding, you choose a nomenclature to associate them with.

10 Likes

Re: Lagos; APC Leads In All LGA Except 3 (NOT Confirmed) by safarigirl(f): 5:27am On Mar 29, 2015
customized07:
is this why you have to through a jab at an entire tribe? Do you know I have Igbo friends that voted buhari?

If at this age you don't know that things won't always go your way and people won't always want your choice, then you must be an heddiot.

Your stewpid self is still yet to give a logical reason why buhari should be voted.
dude, I'm igbo as well! So don't think it's some Hausa or Yoruba person attacking Igbos. I'm perfectly aware of the ignorance of the Igbos...of course there are exceptions, there always are, but the majority are as described

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos; APC Leads In All LGA Except 3 (NOT Confirmed) by Mynd44: 5:28am On Mar 29, 2015
safarigirl:
at least like someone said, GEJ can poll up to 25% votes in the North. You can't tell me that Buhari is so bad that he can't poll same amount in the SE

Nigeria may be largely bigoted and ethnocentric,but the Igbos are the most close-minded people for all the education they supposedly get. Hausas are largely illiterate, what's your excuse?
Hausas are not illiterate. They might not be able to read and write in English but they damn well can do so in Arabic.

And even in the SW, Buhari had to go through massive changes in the eye of the people as his image had to be changed from a military person to someone who is friendly. I think the APC did a lot to change his image and that worked

4 Likes

Re: Lagos; APC Leads In All LGA Except 3 (NOT Confirmed) by Afam4eva(m): 5:30am On Mar 29, 2015
safarigirl:
dude, I'm igbo as well! So don't think it's some Hausa or Yoruba person attacking Igbos. I'm perfectly aware of the ignorance of the Igbos...of course there are exceptions, there always are, but the majority are as described

The fact that you're Igbo doesn't make you any different from Non-Igbos who cast aspersions on Igbos. It seems it's now cool for anyone including Igbos to come after their own in order to be seen as cool and progressive. Na only us fit use our own hand destroy ourselves. Nne, Jisike.

11 Likes

Re: Lagos; APC Leads In All LGA Except 3 (NOT Confirmed) by Mynd44: 5:30am On Mar 29, 2015
Afam4eva:
It's actually funny that someone thinks Igbos are tribalistic. If they were as tribalistic as being touted then they would be voting for an Igbo man for presidency year in year out. Where exactly is the tribalism coming from? I don't know. Even the most Igbotic man at a time could not win the east and you still accuse them of tribalism. The same people shouting tribalism are the same people that will say Igbos are not united. it seems yo me that that when Igbos don't do your biding, you choose a nomenclature to associate them with.
I do tell you that politics is of personal interest. The indigenes of the SE might just see the PDP as offering more that a native of the place or any other person

1 Like

Re: Lagos; APC Leads In All LGA Except 3 (NOT Confirmed) by safarigirl(f): 5:30am On Mar 29, 2015
Afam4eva:
tribalism doesn't mean being ethnocentric. Two different terms that seem similar

And we all know how Igbo people dislike each other....in fact ehn, Afam, I'll get back to you when I've woken up from sleep, innugo?

3 Likes

Re: Lagos; APC Leads In All LGA Except 3 (NOT Confirmed) by Afam4eva(m): 5:32am On Mar 29, 2015
safarigirl:
tribalism doesn't mean being ethnocentric. Two different terms that seem similar

And we all know how Igbo people dislike each other....in fact ehn, Afam, I'll get back to you when I've woken up from sleep, innugo?
They dislike each other yet they're tribalistic. I;ll like to learn from your wealth of knowledge.

10 Likes

Re: Lagos; APC Leads In All LGA Except 3 (NOT Confirmed) by Mynd44: 5:33am On Mar 29, 2015
safarigirl:

And we all know how Igbo people dislike each other
....in fact ehn, Afam, I'll get back to you when I've woken up from sleep, innugo?
I have experienced that too. Mostly by Anambra people against others. I don't get it though

2 Likes

Re: Lagos; APC Leads In All LGA Except 3 (NOT Confirmed) by Ilekeh(f): 5:34am On Mar 29, 2015
Clerverly:
The way jonathan divided this country now is sickening! Buhari has got a lot of work to do!

For the first time in my life, I felt very ashamed to be a Nigerian! Could you imagine that, in my polling booth, All Yorubas Voted for the APC, while all the Igbos voted for PDP! Even though Buhari won in my Unit, I was very upset in the voting pattern

Buhari really got work to do, when it takes over in May!

He divided us religiously and ethnically.

Remembering Sambo's speech about Osibanjo's # of churches sickens me.

1 Like

Re: Lagos; APC Leads In All LGA Except 3 (NOT Confirmed) by Ilekeh(f): 5:36am On Mar 29, 2015
Afam4eva:

They dislike each other yet they're tribalistic. I;ll like to learn from your wealth of knowledge.

Nothing brings a group together more than an outsider. For instance, Nigerians' display of unity on a Ghana-focused thread.

5 Likes

Re: Lagos; APC Leads In All LGA Except 3 (NOT Confirmed) by Eseose9(f): 5:37am On Mar 29, 2015
Ilekeh:

Nothing brings a group together more than an outsider. For instance, Nigerians' display of unity on a Ghana-focused thread.

So true
Re: Lagos; APC Leads In All LGA Except 3 (NOT Confirmed) by customized07: 5:38am On Mar 29, 2015
safarigirl:

doesn't make you less stvpid, you didn't see the hauas as being ignorant when they voted buhari enmass in 2011. People have their ideologies and we never insulted hausas for voting buhari enmass, please stop acting like a bastard daughter of the land, you don't just come online and insult your tribe of origin, even if you think they are wrong. Be wise dear

I am yet to see any logical reason why I should vote buhari ahead of Jonathan.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagos; APC Leads In All LGA Except 3 (NOT Confirmed) by ArodeTsolaye: 5:38am On Mar 29, 2015
safarigirl:
it was between the weakling, walking dead fulani and the strong one...the weakling was the ssafer choice., they voted him knowing there was a strong possibility he would die before he finished his tenure. Besides, I believe that was the most rigged election in Nigeria's history

They're so nonchallant about the country that they just sit back and watch shiit happen, and if possible, worsen it

What are you really saying my dear friend?. Which one be weakling fulani again?. Igbo didn't vote Ojukwu yet they are tribalisic.Igbo voted Obj and Yar'dua yet they are tribalistic?. Today they are not voting Chekwas Okorie yet they are tribalistic? Use your head

You want to bring GMB to power? Do not cry when all the Federal.project sited in Igboland for the first time after 40years gets cancel. I am Igboman, I am loyal . For the first time in my life i was able to fly out from Igboland to other countries. We've heard Fulani/yoruba presidents ignore the east totally. I stand with #GEJ. He deserves my loyalty and yours too.

Let me refresh your memory a bit. Do you remember "A vote for Ekwueme is a Vote for Biafra slogan". It was the Hausa and Yoruba slogan to gather votes for Obj in 90s. That was before MASSOB was formed. Learn your history.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos; APC Leads In All LGA Except 3 (NOT Confirmed) by anonimi: 5:40am On Mar 29, 2015
safarigirl:
that's why Igbos are politically redundant. You all should kindly do this country a favour by abstaining from all forms of voting. You always vote useless, incompetent and docile leaders.

....The worst thing is, not one Igbo person ever has a logical reason for voting the blockheads they love to vote. Igbo people shame me during elections. No political sense whatsoever

What is the logical reason other tribes vote blockheads

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagos; APC Leads In All LGA Except 3 (NOT Confirmed) by safarigirl(f): 5:40am On Mar 29, 2015
Afam4eva:

The fact that you're Igbo doesn't make you any different from Non-Igbos who cast aspersion of Igbos. It seems it's now cool for anyone including Igbos to come after their own in order to be seen as cool and progressive. Na only us fit use our own hand destroy ourselves. Nne, Jisike.
it's not about being cool. It's about being honest

Some people on Nairaland would call me a tribalist, and yes, I do attack other tribes atimes, but it doesn't mean I'll clap for Igbos all the time. I'm mostly pro-Igbo and to some extent pro-Biafra, but Igbo people are not helping themselves politically and the sooner they realise fighting the entire country won't place them in a good position that will favour them, the better

Neither GEJ nor Buhari is particularly good for us, but knowing that most of your people reside in the places of the people you keep fighting should make you a bit more receptive. We can't keep fighting everyone like this. GEJ has donne nothing for S/East yet you cchoose to keep him, where is the sense in that? What's wrong with taking a risk with GMB or even voting some random person?

3 Likes

Re: Lagos; APC Leads In All LGA Except 3 (NOT Confirmed) by safarigirl(f): 5:43am On Mar 29, 2015
anonimi:

What is the logical reason other tribes vote blockheads
nobody has voted more blockheads than Igbo people. Must be the effect of too much akpu undecided

2 Likes

Re: Lagos; APC Leads In All LGA Except 3 (NOT Confirmed) by customized07: 5:44am On Mar 29, 2015
safarigirl:
nobody has voted more blockheads than Igbo people. Must be the effect of too much akpu undecided
why did you tell me you are Igbo?

4 Likes

Re: Lagos; APC Leads In All LGA Except 3 (NOT Confirmed) by safarigirl(f): 5:46am On Mar 29, 2015
customized07:
doesn't make you less stvpid, you didn't see the hauas as being ignorant when they voted buhari enmass in 2011. People have their ideologies and we never insulted hausas for voting buhari enmass, please stop acting like a bastard daughter of the land, you don't just come online and insult your tribe of origin, even if you think they are wrong. Be wise dear

I am yet to see any logical reason why I should vote buhari ahead of Jonathan.
the Hausas have mostly been ignorant, it's not like anyone ever expects much from them.

But for a tribe that always claims to be 'superior' to other tribes, Igbos are usually in the dark in politics. Yoruba people are the only ones who understand Nigerian politics to a great extet apparently- the only logical ones

3 Likes

Re: Lagos; APC Leads In All LGA Except 3 (NOT Confirmed) by anonimi: 5:47am On Mar 29, 2015
safarigirl:

Shagari, Buhari & Yar'Adua were super performers, innit grin grin
Re: Lagos; APC Leads In All LGA Except 3 (NOT Confirmed) by safarigirl(f): 5:49am On Mar 29, 2015
customized07:
why did you tell me you are Igbo?
cuz you apparently don't know me here.....and NLers always assume that anyone against a certain tribe must be from some other tribe

Satsified? Or are you training to join the SSS? undecided

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12)

Governor Ganduje Speaks With Buhari On Phone (Photos, Video) / Atiku Abubakar Arrives PDP Headquarters / Wike & Wife Eberechi Kiss At AMAA 2016 (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.