Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,782 members, 7,810,043 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:12 PM

Would You Agree To A Court Marriage? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Would You Agree To A Court Marriage? (35007 Views)

All You Need To Know About Court Marriage In Nigeria -Barr. Enwongo Cleopas. / What Are The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Court Marriage / She Wants Court Marriage, He Wants Traditional Marriage, She Say He Does Not.... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would You Agree To A Court Marriage? by chibwike(m): 10:15pm On Mar 29, 2015
Lalasticlala
Re: Would You Agree To A Court Marriage? by Sleekyshuga(f): 10:24pm On Mar 29, 2015
chibwike:
i guess court marriage isn't rampant in our country like it is in other parts of the world.....i might not do a court marriage coz it'd look like am getting married under strict laws...tho marriage has its own laws....and my wife might decided to act funny...someday.
What kinda strict laws, Chibwike?

Lolz.. And why is every male here looking @ just the -ve aspect(s)?

We still have good ladies embarassed embarassed tongue..
Re: Would You Agree To A Court Marriage? by CLEARINGAGENT: 10:26pm On Mar 29, 2015
Why not
Re: Would You Agree To A Court Marriage? by brianperpetual(f): 10:28pm On Mar 29, 2015
Dats nt love! Bt contracted love!!
Re: Would You Agree To A Court Marriage? by Nobody: 10:28pm On Mar 29, 2015
Sleekyshuga:

Doubt if I do..
Please, I'm trying to
remember you..

Can you help me out embarassed?
Lol, do you know any poshbaby in ph?
Re: Would You Agree To A Court Marriage? by Nobody: 10:28pm On Mar 29, 2015
Your approved legal doc to certify your marriage is the KoKo na
Re: Would You Agree To A Court Marriage? by eventsms(m): 10:29pm On Mar 29, 2015
yes. court marriage is the only recognize marriage in the law of nigerian apart from traditional marriage . church marriage is scam.
Re: Would You Agree To A Court Marriage? by Kobeje(m): 10:37pm On Mar 29, 2015
Except you do not have a proper government marriage certificate, or your marriage is not licensed by government, then your marriage involved court or marriage registry processes, at least these days.

Like it has been said, churches (and I believe mosques) where legal marriages are performed got permission from govt and the process involves filing of notice at marriage registry. The registry process is the court marriage.

You can decide to perform other ceremonies and play down that of the registry, its still the same. And the same law applies to all legal marriages. Unfortunately, many ladies don't know this.

1 Like

Re: Would You Agree To A Court Marriage? by Abduletudaye(m): 10:37pm On Mar 29, 2015
ammyluv2002:
I love you kiss

I love you too sad angry
Re: Would You Agree To A Court Marriage? by Aminat508(f): 10:38pm On Mar 29, 2015
Yesterday was d greatest day in d history
of nigeria, ask why ? cos nobody got MARRIED....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Would You Agree To A Court Marriage? by ammyluv2002(f): 10:39pm On Mar 29, 2015
Abduletudaye:

I love you too sad angry
Maka gini? grin tongue angry

1 Like

Re: Would You Agree To A Court Marriage? by toprealman: 10:39pm On Mar 29, 2015
zeb04:
Yes!I would only do two ceremonies,traditional and court marriage.
beware of these girls loving you....to be 9warned is to be 1armed. I don talk my own fi-ni-si-oh!
Re: Would You Agree To A Court Marriage? by johnnyblakes(m): 10:39pm On Mar 29, 2015
Sleekyshuga:

Eager to hear your reason(s), bae smiley..

And what if your spouse kicks against it?
d door is open for her,I don't hv time to waste trying to convince her.
Re: Would You Agree To A Court Marriage? by Hamatrony(m): 10:40pm On Mar 29, 2015
ammyluv2002:
I love you kiss

Shooouu!! U luv her kee shocked ar u a lesbian nii
U av a guy lik me 2 luv nt same species cheesy
Re: Would You Agree To A Court Marriage? by davidque007(m): 10:41pm On Mar 29, 2015
Nothing wrong with court at all. Initially I didn't think it was necessary and I rejected it until I got information about the need for it. Court wedding is what the Law in Nigeria and world recognises. Some churches (mostly older ones) are recognised by the law. Embassies recognise marriage certificates from the law courts. I think every1 should do it.

5 Likes

Re: Would You Agree To A Court Marriage? by xij38580: 10:41pm On Mar 29, 2015
For those whose fear is inheritance, you can sign a prenuptial agreement that clearly states what the "dependent" party can receive in the event of a separation or even death under suspicious circumstances

2 Likes

Re: Would You Agree To A Court Marriage? by Ymodulus: 10:42pm On Mar 29, 2015
For me it is a COURT MARRIAGE.

However I will never have a court marriage without a PRENUP with the girl

1 Like

Re: Would You Agree To A Court Marriage? by Sleekyshuga(f): 10:42pm On Mar 29, 2015
MrsOJ:

Lol, do you know any poshbaby in ph?
Poshbaby? No, dear..
Re: Would You Agree To A Court Marriage? by Penboy: 10:42pm On Mar 29, 2015
Doing all of them(marriage ceremonies) might not be a bad idea.

1 Like

Re: Would You Agree To A Court Marriage? by ammyluv2002(f): 10:43pm On Mar 29, 2015
Hamatrony:

Shooouu!! U luv her kee shocked ar u a lesbian nii
U av a guy lik me 2 luv nt same species cheesy
Haba! Agape Love now....genuine love, it has no attachment grin
Re: Would You Agree To A Court Marriage? by Abduletudaye(m): 10:44pm On Mar 29, 2015
ammyluv2002:
Maka gini? grin tongue angry

Ok Bye...
Re: Would You Agree To A Court Marriage? by bosun11(m): 10:45pm On Mar 29, 2015
ammyluv2002:
I love you kiss

i loff u tube grin grin grin
Re: Would You Agree To A Court Marriage? by edwife(f): 10:45pm On Mar 29, 2015
Court and traditional wedding idi very very important... smiley

1 Like

Re: Would You Agree To A Court Marriage? by ammyluv2002(f): 10:45pm On Mar 29, 2015
Abduletudaye:

Ok Bye...
Yea Bye grin

1 Like

Re: Would You Agree To A Court Marriage? by ireke(m): 10:46pm On Mar 29, 2015
Ideally, the church must be licensed by law to conduct marriage ceremonies and issue certificates. Therefore, if you received a wedding certificate from a duly licensed church (and minister), then you are as covered as the folks that did a "court wedding".

2 Likes

Re: Would You Agree To A Court Marriage? by ELITE0911(m): 10:46pm On Mar 29, 2015
Sleekyshuga:

Doubt if I do..
Please, I'm trying to
remember you..

Can you help me out embarassed?

awkward
Re: Would You Agree To A Court Marriage? by Nobody: 10:46pm On Mar 29, 2015
I will only agree to it if she married me when I had nothing. Btw how does it protect the man,abi na only women need protection ni? What about the husband beaters,the ones who cheat with their friends,the ones who nags them to death etc? What does the guy stand to gain from a court union?

2 Likes

Re: Would You Agree To A Court Marriage? by ammyluv2002(f): 10:47pm On Mar 29, 2015
bosun11:

i loff u tube grin grin grin
You loff? Ok, i see cheesy
Re: Would You Agree To A Court Marriage? by nortcentrallord(m): 10:47pm On Mar 29, 2015
All these ladies shouting court marriage is a must and all that, 'll you marry yourselves in court alone?
A whole lot of folks don't even know what court marriage entails and the rights of both parties once bound by such oath.
In this age of sporadic divorce surrounded by child support and alimony. A whole lot of folks don't care about marriage not to talk about court whatever.

3 Likes

Re: Would You Agree To A Court Marriage? by tunjijones(m): 10:49pm On Mar 29, 2015
How come nobody is giving intellegent contribution. The recognised form of marriage in nigeria are the trad marriage and court marriage. Church marriage is not recognised in the nigeria constitution. So no church wld join any couple together without their presentation of the court certificate.

1 Like

Re: Would You Agree To A Court Marriage? by Tymax(m): 10:50pm On Mar 29, 2015
Ymodulus:
For me it is a COURT MARRIAGE.

However I will never have a court marriage without a PRENUP with the girl

Correct. Prenup is the way to go. Love is blind for some people but my own love dey see road.

angry

I pray o

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Would You Agree To A Court Marriage? by ireneidiva(f): 10:51pm On Mar 29, 2015
edwife:
Court and traditional wedding idi very very important... smiley
Why is trad marriage important?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

My Dad Just Disowned My Elder Brother! / Should I Meet Her Biological Father Before Paying Bride-Price To Her Step-father / "Marry Your Friend" - Who Then Is Your Friend?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.