Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,316 members, 7,815,586 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:51 PM

Things Nigerians Should Note After Presidential Election - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Things Nigerians Should Note After Presidential Election (33449 Views)

See The 3 Things Nigerians Got Wrong About Oshiomhole’s Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Things Nigerians Should Note After Presidential Election by succyreal(m): 12:28pm On Mar 31, 2015
Nigerians should note the following after a winner has emerged

1. After election, life will still continue and no body worth dying for talk less of we politicians. Nigerians should guide against post election violence cos this may led to death and destruction of lives and properties.

2. We are one Nigeria
Let us forget about Ethnicity, tribalism, Religion etc. Nigerians should move along with who so ever emerged as winner whether Presidential, legislative houses, gubernatorial, state houses etc.

3. Legal action if there was any irregularities.
Politicians should discourage violence and seek court action with clear fact and claims.

4. Winners should consider and should include losers in their government.

We are "one Nigeria" and we should have Nigeria in our heart let us not let who so ever emerged as a winner to bring hatred, violence, and chaos in Nigeria.

Let's live as one Nigeria

65 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Things Nigerians Should Note After Presidential Election by olorunthobby(f): 12:32pm On Mar 31, 2015
#SaiBuhari
#teamNoTension

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things Nigerians Should Note After Presidential Election by Nobody: 12:36pm On Mar 31, 2015
Op nice one, but one fact still remains

~I must travel out of this country this afternoon!

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Things Nigerians Should Note After Presidential Election by lomprico(m): 12:39pm On Mar 31, 2015
Op, all na wash the yorubas n hausas still want to kill all the igbos. Havent u seen all the topics hitting NL today?

14 Likes

Re: Things Nigerians Should Note After Presidential Election by Mutuwa(m): 12:46pm On Mar 31, 2015
olorunthobby:
#SaiBuhari
#teamNoTension

Yes babe..i like ur optimism..
May u never lack in this world..

2 Likes

Re: Things Nigerians Should Note After Presidential Election by Mutuwa(m): 12:47pm On Mar 31, 2015
lomprico:
Op, all na wash the yorubas n hausas still want to kill all the igbos. Havent u seen all the topics hitting NL today?

Whats ur proof?

WORD FOR MY IGBO BROTHERS………..BY MADUKA FIDOROCKS ONWUKEME
You voted against GMB for 2 reasons "Hatred for northerners over the civil war that ended 45 years ago" and "fears of islamisation due to ignorance or outright refusal to see the impossibility of such".
Well it takes just Kano and Katsina (2 Northern states) to cancel out all the votes in the Southeast. GMB is coasting home to victory in the Southwest and the North.
He would definitely win on the votes of other zones comfortably without the southeast.
The moral of this treatise is that I want to thank my Igbo brothers for teaching me that a man who is ruled by "hatred" and "fear" will never move forward. He will only embark on self defeating schemes even when only defeat stares him the face.
Anyway, now GMB is set to clinch the presidential seat. What do you do with the delusions of islamisation and the civil war hatred!
As for me, the civil war ended 45 years ago. Am neither ruled by hate or fear.
##stophate
##stopfear

56 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Things Nigerians Should Note After Presidential Election by lomprico(m): 12:57pm On Mar 31, 2015
Mutuwa:

Whats ur proof?

WORD FOR MY IGBO BROTHERS………..BY MADUKA FIDOROCKS ONWUKEME
You voted against GMB for 2 reasons "Hatred for northerners over the civil war that ended 45 years ago" and "fears of islamisation due to ignorance or outright refusal to see the impossibility of such".
Well it takes just Kano and Katsina (2 Northern states) to cancel out all the votes in the Southeast. GMB is coasting home to victory in the Southwest and the North.
He would definitely win on the votes of other zones comfortably without the southeast.
The moral of this treatise is that I want to thank my Igbo brothers for teaching me that a man who is ruled by "hatred" and "fear" will never move forward. He will only embark on self defeating schemes even when only defeat stares him the face.
Anyway, now GMB is set to clinch the presidential seat. What do you do with the delusions of islamisation and the civil war hatred!
As for me, the civil war ended 45 years ago. Am neither ruled by hate or fear.
##stophate
##stopfear
Take this message to ur brothers n masters, if the igbos are scared or hate yoruba n hausas they will not be scattered all over the country like they are today. They mingle with other nigerians without any sentiments or grudge but its d Ys n Hs that see us as a treat in anything we do because we are prosperous in nature. Right nowa topic on fp talks about igbos clinching seats in lagos, it dat a sign of fear or hate by d igbos? They just want to live n be n do their normal business. But u should see the hate comments from ur people because am igbo won a seat in their state. I want a one nigeria, igbos want a one nigeria but the hate of yorubas n hausas on us makes us think otherwise.

68 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Things Nigerians Should Note After Presidential Election by Mutuwa(m): 1:04pm On Mar 31, 2015
lomprico:

Take this message to ur brothers n masters, if the igbos are scared or hate yoruba n hausas they will not be scattered all over the country like they are today. They mingle with other nigerians without any sentiments or grudge but its d Ys n Hs that see us as a treat in anything we do because we are prosperous in nature. Right nowa topic on fp talks about igbos clinching seats in lagos, it dat a sign of fear or hate by d igbos? They just want to live n be n do their normal business. But u should see the hate comments from ur people because am igbo won a seat in their state. I want a one nigeria, igbos want a one nigeria but the hate of yorubas n hausas on us makes us think otherwise.

Nice writeup..i equally want one naija..but its an Igbo man that wrote this article..only the almighty knows what promted him to speak up his mind..

14 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Things Nigerians Should Note After Presidential Election by jetsetgo: 1:07pm On Mar 31, 2015
missclasssy:

In the words of Tuco (The Good, The Bad, The Ugly): "If you want to shoot, shoot, don't talk"

Better not come back too............ We are in need of patriotic nigerians not rosy riders.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things Nigerians Should Note After Presidential Election by lomprico(m): 1:09pm On Mar 31, 2015
Mutuwa:

Nice writeup..i equally want one naija..but its an Igbo man that wrote this article..only the almighty knows what promted him to speak up his mind..
I know, like I said I want a one nigeria, igbos want a one nigeria. But the hate on us is just too much. We gave blended with other ethnic groups just to be accepted but its not working, the hate on us is still there.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Things Nigerians Should Note After Presidential Election by Mutuwa(m): 1:25pm On Mar 31, 2015
lomprico:

I know, like I said I want a one nigeria, igbos want a one nigeria. But the hate on us is just too much. We gave blended with other ethnic groups just to be accepted but its not working, the hate on us is still there.

Like i said don't worry yourself as long as ur on the track of one nigeria to hell with anyone not at par with u..bigotry and self centeredness is present in all tribes..but to hell wit them even if its just me and u that share same belief..am hausa.. but despise bigotry and tribalism my religion islam gravely forbids such..
A right is a right even if its only U doing dt right..
A wrong is a wrong and will forever be a wrong even if all nigerians do that wrong..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things Nigerians Should Note After Presidential Election by lomprico(m): 1:37pm On Mar 31, 2015
Mutuwa:

Like i said don't worry yourself as long as ur on the track of one nigeria to hell with anyone not at par with u..bigotry and self centeredness is present in all tribes..but to hell wit them even if its just me and u that share same belief..am hausa.. but despise bigotry and tribalism my religion islam gravely forbids such..
A right is a right even if its only U doing dt right..
A wrong is a wrong and will forever be a wrong even if all nigerians do that wrong..
True bro! One love and one Nigeria!

2 Likes

Re: Things Nigerians Should Note After Presidential Election by Mutuwa(m): 1:41pm On Mar 31, 2015
lomprico:

True bro! One love and one Nigeria!

Yes bro..to hell with bigoty and tribalism
One love.. wink

3 Likes

Re: Things Nigerians Should Note After Presidential Election by Sweetguy25: 1:44pm On Mar 31, 2015
One Nigeria my asss. Useless country

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things Nigerians Should Note After Presidential Election by Nobody: 1:47pm On Mar 31, 2015
I think the beneficiaries of the first four years of the new Government should be:

1. Borno
2. Adamawa
3. Yobe
4. Kano
5. Katsina
6. Kaduna
7. Lagos
8. Oyo
9. Ogun
10. Osun
11. Kogi
and the others that gave the magic numbers.

The South South and South East can wait after the first four years. If they behave well, then they can be considered in the last four years grin

1 Like

Re: Things Nigerians Should Note After Presidential Election by MKO4ever(m): 1:48pm On Mar 31, 2015

Re: Things Nigerians Should Note After Presidential Election by sophtaf(f): 1:48pm On Mar 31, 2015
Re: Things Nigerians Should Note After Presidential Election by yuzjet(m): 1:48pm On Mar 31, 2015
For those that has functioning ears!
Re: Things Nigerians Should Note After Presidential Election by Burger01(m): 1:48pm On Mar 31, 2015
We pray for peace.

8 Likes

Re: Things Nigerians Should Note After Presidential Election by Nobody: 1:48pm On Mar 31, 2015
I hereby apologize to everyone I've insulted on here. Some of you are Grandmas'/Grandpas'. I'm sorry if I ever hurt you, I know I can be very harsh. I'm not a politician, didn't vote, have no PVC, and it never even crossed my mind to vote. I do believe that something's got to give though. Well, God bless Nigeria.
Signed:
RickRichards

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things Nigerians Should Note After Presidential Election by franugo(m): 1:48pm On Mar 31, 2015
fyrghfg
Re: Things Nigerians Should Note After Presidential Election by Mishydoo(m): 1:48pm On Mar 31, 2015
How Ironic....'Mama Peace' and 'Goodluck'...brought trouble and badluck...!

1 Like

Re: Things Nigerians Should Note After Presidential Election by Nairalandar: 1:53pm On Mar 31, 2015
Please where can i buy INEC result
scratch card? i wanna check the results
by myself the announcement process is
taking too much time

1 Like

Re: Things Nigerians Should Note After Presidential Election by lincolnj88: 1:54pm On Mar 31, 2015
succyreal:
Nigerians should note the following after a winner has emerged

1. After election, life will still continue and no body worth dying for talk less of we politicians. Nigerians should guide against post election violence cos this may led to death and destruction of lives and properties.

2. We are one Nigeria
Let us forget about Ethnicity, tribalism, Religion etc. Nigerians should move along with who so ever emerged as winner whether Presidential, legislative houses, gubernatorial, state houses etc.

3. Legal action if there was any irregularities.
Politicians should discourage violence and seek court action with clear fact and claims.

4. Winners should consider and should include losers in their government.

We are "one Nigeria" and we should have Nigeria in our heart let us not let who so ever emerged as a winner to bring hatred, violence, and chaos in Nigeria.

Let's live as one Nigeria

we are not one Nigeria..... this is d mistake we are making

5 Likes

Re: Things Nigerians Should Note After Presidential Election by Nobody: 1:54pm On Mar 31, 2015
Keneking:
I think the beneficiaries of the first four years of the new Government should be:

1. Borno
2. Adamawa
3. Yobe
4. Kano
5. Katsina
6. Kaduna
7. Lagos
8. Oyo
9. Ogun
10. Osun
11. Kogi
and the others that gave the magic numbers.

The South South and South East can wait after the first four years. If they behave well, then they can be considered in the last four years grin

Re: Things Nigerians Should Note After Presidential Election by pak: 1:55pm On Mar 31, 2015
Though you intentions are likely to be laudable, but you actually speak like a child.

No 1 - After election life will still continue - tell that to the millions in IDP camps in Borno , Yobe and Adamawa or the thousands who have lost a loved one to violence or the civil servants who have not collected salaries for months. Life doesn't just continue, the choice of a leader has a big impact in our collective directions for the next four years

No 2 - We can not forget about ethnicity because that is who we are. We can decide to forge ahead despite our ethnic or religious difference but to say forget it, is well....puerile

No 3 - If you can prevent the irregularity then it is laughable to wait until the courts come in. Political parties won't just sit down and allow their opponents to cheat blatantly. That said, I am totally opposed to rigging and unnecessary loss of lives.

No 4 - So Buhari should include FFK and stella Oduah in his government and GEJ should include Tinubu and Ameachi in his. On paper, cool, in practice, a big joke.

You prolly had good intentions but always try to raise cogent defence

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things Nigerians Should Note After Presidential Election by pabon(m): 1:56pm On Mar 31, 2015
Re: Things Nigerians Should Note After Presidential Election by Amack(m): 1:56pm On Mar 31, 2015
A big warning to all south south and South East. there's nothing like one Nigeria because we can never be one. we can be one with yorubas or housas.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Things Nigerians Should Note After Presidential Election by Nobody: 1:59pm On Mar 31, 2015
If Buhari wins, lets consider generating Federal Allocation from Groundnut pyramids and Cocoa.

4 Likes

Re: Things Nigerians Should Note After Presidential Election by ayusco85(m): 1:59pm On Mar 31, 2015
missclasssy:

Make I come follow u?
Re: Things Nigerians Should Note After Presidential Election by YoursGEJ(m): 2:00pm On Mar 31, 2015
Buhari should retain the Minister of Agriculture and jail everybody else from GEJ's government
Re: Things Nigerians Should Note After Presidential Election by SmartAlex(m): 2:00pm On Mar 31, 2015
Only if this APC thugs wud listen to dis, den Nigeria would be peaceful because PDP is winning this One.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Saraki Pleads Not Guilty To Corruption Charges / Soldier Loses His Mom While Battling Boko Haram Insurgents In The North.Pictured / Obiano's Wife Donates Ultramodern Toilet To Her Kinsmen After 3 Year In Office

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.