Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,267 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:54 AM

West African Countries Hate Nigerians? - Travel (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / West African Countries Hate Nigerians? (37848 Views)

Poll: Do they REALLY hate us?

Yes: 61% (83 votes)
No: 38% (52 votes)
This poll has ended

Top 10 African Countries With The Finest Men / A Nairalander's Tale On His West African Tour / Many Nigerians Living In Nigeria Hate Nigerians In Diaspora, Jealous Much? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: West African Countries Hate Nigerians? by Nobody: 11:15am On Nov 17, 2014
okay
Re: West African Countries Hate Nigerians? by Bifwoli: 3:41am On Nov 18, 2014
benchwest:
the bottom line is
nigeria as a country; to the developed world we have a very bad reputation and at the same time being recognise as the most intelectual,smart people, and ofcourse a great emerging positive economy in the african continent.
for our west africa sister nations:we are tooooooooo smart for them,and this is a big problem for them and us because we overshadow in every sector being good or bad and so therefore we on the news all the time.

so i rest my case be simply saying that most west african jealous us thats a fact but ofcourse some do got love 4 us aswell
so it veries.

That's exactly what feeds the hate towards Nigerians; to overestimate and over glorify themselves,belittle other Africans,having an impossibly high and unhealthy view of themselves,braggadocio ,narcissism and 419 fraud even when the crumbling Nigerian cities,vast slums of makoko,oshodi and ajegunle,no power, widespread terror,regional insurgency and a huge exodus of Nigerians to other nations -all suggest that Nigerians don't even have their act together.

A deep dislike and hate are two different things.I just think Nigerians are disliked -not envied,not hated and not looked up to as models.Nigeria has vast problems and shortcomings which they seem unable to overcome.How could other Africans possibly be jealous of such widespread malaise that even Nigerians run away to other nations in vast numbers?
Re: West African Countries Hate Nigerians? by Scholes007(m): 11:02am On Nov 19, 2014
tetemo:

Jealous in what sense hahahaha? most africans are well off than naija. Naija is a very o very poor country so why would other africans envy us? I'm just doing some reality check here. Sometimes we need to take the bitter truth than be blinded by uber patriotism. If we can only use this patriotic ideology in our daily life and not just when other nationality is bashing naija maybe we achieved some discipline and more developed economy now than south africa, morocco, egypt or libya.

lol Nigeria very poor? you most have been over fed by the Media. Am a Nigerian...it is very had to see a Nigerian leaving under 2$(370 naira) per day...or are u poor?
Re: West African Countries Hate Nigerians? by Nobody: 1:16am On Feb 25, 2017
tetemo:

Jealous in what sense hahahaha? most africans are well off than naija. Naija is a very very very poor country so why would other africans envy us? I'm just doing some reality check here. Sometimes we need to take the bitter truth than be blinded by uber patriotism. If we can only use this patriotic ideology in our daily life and not just when other nationality is bashing naija maybe we achieved some discipline and more developed economy now than south africa, morocco, egypt or libya.
poor!!! wat is dis unpatriotic fool saying, Nigeria has wat other countries dream of having
Re: West African Countries Hate Nigerians? by Ndipe(m): 9:26am On May 03, 2019
I sometimes think we are disrespected by other African countries. Nigerians have loads of tales of abuse in the hands of gendarmes in Cameroon.
Re: West African Countries Hate Nigerians? by Kennyswagzz: 8:47pm On Dec 05, 2019
Ndipe:
I sometimes think we are disrespected by other African countries. Nigerians have loads of tales of abuse in the hands of gendarmes in Cameroon.
Nigerians are the most useless people to ever walk the face of the earth
Re: West African Countries Hate Nigerians? by Ndipe(m): 10:39pm On Dec 05, 2019
Hate speech? I completely disagree with your fault assessment.

Kennyswagzz:
Nigerians are the most useless people to ever walk the face of the earth
Re: West African Countries Hate Nigerians? by nlPoster: 11:47pm On Dec 05, 2019
How could other Africans possibly be jealous of such widespread malaise that even Nigerians run away to other nations in vast numbers?

This hurts.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Terrible Accident In Nasarawa, Many Dead, Others Injured (Graphic Pics) / Accident Involving A Dangote Cement Truck And A Car (Graphic) / The Bad State Of Murtala Muhammed International Airport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.