Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,244 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:56 AM

West African Countries Hate Nigerians? - Travel (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / West African Countries Hate Nigerians? (37846 Views)

Poll: Do they REALLY hate us?

Yes: 61% (83 votes)
No: 38% (52 votes)
This poll has ended

Top 10 African Countries With The Finest Men / A Nairalander's Tale On His West African Tour / Many Nigerians Living In Nigeria Hate Nigerians In Diaspora, Jealous Much? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: West African Countries Hate Nigerians? by IKEYMAN1: 7:01pm On Jun 19, 2009
"
Re: West African Countries Hate Nigerians? by MandingoII(m): 11:02pm On Jun 21, 2009
If people HATE nigerians it is because you have EARNED it.

Here in Amerikka, I tried to get to know the Nigerians at the school I once attended. I asked them valid questions about Nigerial

What's life like in Nigeria?

and I got short, choppy anwsers.

Never did anyone go on a tangent and tell me WONDERFUL stories about their home town.

Unfortunately, I took it as an afront. I did not know that they did not want me to know the truth.

Furthermore,

Nigerians are some very jealous people. They associate everything with what they see. They want everything that is not nailed down.

I do not HATE Nigerians, but i do dislike MOST of them. You EARNED this disdain. Then again its in YOUR CULTURE to be disliked.

Your culture lack morals, character and substance.

Therefore most nigerians lack morals. Which is why you are not liked.
Re: West African Countries Hate Nigerians? by blackspade(m): 12:28am On Jun 22, 2009
oh the irony!!
Re: West African Countries Hate Nigerians? by bigcxc12(m): 3:58pm On Nov 05, 2009
Wow I read alot of the post and now I truly believe Nigerian men do have a brain complexity.I have traveled around the world and all I hear is these damn nigerians stinking up the place rapeing there 12 year old kids selling drugs and saying I am going too give you big african meat mind you its actually small and oh just reciently in england a nigerianman got his little wee wee of cause he was trying to have sexs with a horse and the funy thing when I asked the nigerians about it they said I bet it was a female horse it was not it was a male and thats totally sick and nasty and you wonder why every country hate nigerians
Re: West African Countries Hate Nigerians? by Nobody: 7:34pm On Nov 05, 2009

^^ are you ok?
Re: West African Countries Hate Nigerians? by RSA(m): 9:40am On Nov 06, 2009

Did someone excape the mental instutition?Or are they going techno now as part of the theraphy?
Re: West African Countries Hate Nigerians? by paddylo1(m): 8:15am On Nov 12, 2009
If people HATE nigerians it is because you have EARNED it.

Here in Amerikka, I tried to get to know the Nigerians at the school I once attended. I asked them valid questions about Nigerial

What's life like in Nigeria?

and I got short, choppy anwsers.

Never did anyone go on a tangent and tell me WONDERFUL stories about their home town.

Unfortunately, I took it as an afront. I did not know that they did not want me to know the truth.

Furthermore,

Nigerians are some very jealous people. They associate everything with what they see. They want everything that is not nailed down.

I do not HATE Nigerians, but i do dislike MOST of them. You EARNED this disdain. Then again its in YOUR CULTURE to be disliked.

Your culture lack morals, character and substance.

Therefore most nigerians lack morals. Which is why you are not liked.

what are u?, some white dude on the down low?, zip it mehn,Nigerians run u fools in yankee,ask your girls true they love nigerians especially the black girls
now maybe u mean liberians,cause honestly no nigerian would not boast about naija,and most drive cars u only dream about so zip it
Re: West African Countries Hate Nigerians? by Sbeauty: 8:30am On Nov 12, 2009
Almost all African countries hate Nigerians( I'm talking from experience). I once applied for a job ,was turned down  and my Ghanaian friend said It's probably due to my Nationality 'cos Nigerians have a bad name abroad. Ethiopians speak bad of Nigerians alot. I think it has something to do with jealously- It's not our fault that God chose to bless us like the Biblical Israelites. Frankly speaking, apart from the unstable educational system, corruption(due to joblessness and covetousness) and unstable electricity, there is no place like Nigeria.  I love Nigeria. God bless Nigeria.
Re: West African Countries Hate Nigerians? by sunjongs(m): 3:15pm On Nov 26, 2009
tell your brother tell your sister say e go better.
Re: West African Countries Hate Nigerians? by lovemoi2(f): 12:54am On Nov 28, 2009
[size=15pt]nigerians are hated by the whole world, thanks to the fraudsters and scamers that have succeeded in destroying our names[/size] cry cry cry cry

Sbeauty:

Almost all African countries hate Nigerians( I'm talking from experience). I once applied for a job ,was turned down  and my Ghanaian friend said It's probably due to my Nationality 'cos Nigerians have a bad name abroad. Ethiopians speak bad of Nigerians alot. I think it has something to do with jealously- It's not our fault that God chose to bless us like the Biblical Israelites. Frankly speaking, apart from the unstable educational system, corruption(due to joblessness and covetousness) and unstable electricity, there is no place like Nigeria.  I love Nigeria. God bless Nigeria.

are you sure yah brains are in the right place, this has noting to do with jealousy, why will anyone be jealous of crime and fraud, 

you compare nigeria to biblical isrealites grin grin grin grin grin grin grin naijas wunt kill me with their religious fantasies
Re: West African Countries Hate Nigerians? by londoner: 7:14pm On Nov 28, 2009
These other African countrymen must have too much time on their hands.
Re: West African Countries Hate Nigerians? by oyinda3(f): 4:02am On Dec 04, 2009
not true.
Re: West African Countries Hate Nigerians? by naliakar: 2:38pm On Dec 05, 2009
lovemoi2:

[size=15pt]nigerians are hated by the whole world, thanks to the fraudsters and scamers that have succeeded in destroying our names[/size] cry cry cry cry

are you sure yah brains are in the right place, this has noting to do with jealousy, why will anyone be jealous of crime and fraud, 

you compare nigeria to biblical isrealites grin grin grin grin grin grin grin naijas wunt kill me with their religious fantasies

Are you forgetting that Igbos are Jews who morphed into African. Some are still tanning
Re: West African Countries Hate Nigerians? by lovemoi2(f): 2:23am On Dec 06, 2009
^^^^
keep dreaming grin grin grin grin i mean living in yah fantasy if it makes u happy
Re: West African Countries Hate Nigerians? by Kenyanstar: 11:29am On Dec 29, 2009
You know, I work in an environment where there are lots of other Africans, and, irrespective of where they are from on the continent, most of them have got one thing in common which comes across when we are having conversations. That thing is that they find Nigerians to be annoying. I usually refrain from participating in the conversation when it takes that turn because I believe that we Africans have bigger fish to fry and turning on each other like this detracts from the issues we should be facing. However, having read this thread, I am beginning to see why that attitude is widespread. Look at the little gem I have quoted above for, for example. Ignorance, arrogance and a penchant for belittling other Africans seems to be an unfortunately widespread trait among Nigerians. Why is it so hard for you to acknowledge that other Africans can achieve something. The irony is, if you put down someone due to their blackness, you are also saying something negative about yourself.

Style up Nairalanders!

PARTING SHOT FROM A NIGERIAN DAILY NEWSPAPER OPINION LETTERS

Let's own up to the facts ; nigeria is poo compared to most of africa;
we are just big-headed which i dont even know where it comes from.
Since the whites left we have been ruled by monkeys and we exhault loot.

We are just the most populous black monkeys.
Nonsense.
Abuja is completely tacky compared to other countries; abuja should be just a small project compared to how much that dump of a country sees every bleeping day.
infact every state in that dump should have an 'abuja' by now but oh no! we are busy having tribal squabbles.

We should be thoroughly ashamed of our selves.
What our black monkey leaders know how to do is to buy houses in other peoples' countries that have been sensibly managed.
Bunch of idiots.
Nigeria can collapse into hell for all i care!!
Re: West African Countries Hate Nigerians? by lovemoi2(f): 4:01am On Dec 30, 2009
Kenyanstar:

However, having read this thread, I am beginning to see why that attitude is widespread. Look at the little gem I have quoted above for, for example. Ignorance, arrogance and a penchant[b] for belittling other Africans seems to be an unfortunately widespread trait among Nigerians[/b]. Why is it so hard for you to acknowledge that other Africans can achieve something. The irony is, if you put down someone due to their blackness, you are also saying something negative about yourself.

that part u are right, i am also sick and tired of how proud some Nigerians can be, how they overestimate themselves
the unnecessary tribe to tribe fighting each other saying they are better than the other
they even fight about who is richer
forgetting that the poverty rate in Nigeria is above 80%
it is sickening

i say they and[b] some[/b] because not all of us are like that, it is one reason why i still find it difficult to make friends with Nigerians, my African friends are usually Ghanaian, Ethiopians and Sudanese
Re: West African Countries Hate Nigerians? by londoner: 1:13pm On Dec 30, 2009
@lovemoi, you must be around Ghanaians with your ears closed. They are VERY tribalist with eachother. Take a look at Ghanaweb.com, you will see even worse tribalist rubbish then here. I spent alot of my time in the Ghanaian community and have been to Ghana, they carry loads of tribal sentiments. Its just that their national identity transcends it all.

Your dislike of Nigerians may have caused you to be biased to that same trait in others. Ethiopians may not be tribal, but they are very xenephobic towards Somalis and vice versa. If you are really into the Sudanese community you will know of the tribalism/shadism/racism in their community.

Nigerians are a very tribal lot, but Ive seen it in other communities as well, some of which you have mentioned.

1 Like

Re: West African Countries Hate Nigerians? by lovemoi2(f): 2:04pm On Dec 30, 2009
^^^^
oh my God are you kidding

i never said i hated nigerians
why the hell do u think i am on NL,
i think u should read and understand b4 you jugde

and when i talked about ''arrogance/rude'' i said some, not all
Re: West African Countries Hate Nigerians? by londoner: 3:49pm On Dec 30, 2009
Lovemoi, I never said you hated Nigerians either. I dont know where you got that from, I said your DISLIKE has blinded you to the same flaw in others.
Re: West African Countries Hate Nigerians? by Nobody: 2:08am On Oct 16, 2010
I hate to say it but Nigerians are disliked by AFRICANS in general and even by West Indians/ Americans due to stereotypes and some nasty attitudes but 'hated' I wouldnt say so because every ethnicity has its major flaws. ITS the same thing for us Jamaicans, we get type casted because of how some of us behave in the UK. I live in AMERICA and have to deal with their flaws being attached to me  undecided

lol but KenyanStar you are right lol. I am the ONLY Jamaican in my "crew" everyone else is African (Cameroon, Ethiopian, Liberian, Congolese, Ghanian, Salone, Ivorian; etc) and THEIR common ground is that they "dont f.cuk with Nigerians". It's messed up but such is life.
Re: West African Countries Hate Nigerians? by benom(m): 4:35am On Oct 16, 2010
grin grin grin My ribs are almost cracking from some posts I have been reading on this thread, I even googled out some Ghanian forums and I almost fainted.

Why the beef oh! 'Stupid Nigerians' 'Rotten Nigerians' 'Seira Leonian Canibals' 'Ugly Togo'
Where will all these take us to.
Rivalry is good when turned into a healthy competition and not a stage for slaughter,

Abeg what is the next topic 'Gbogbolero Malawi abi na Burkina Faso' Na Wah grin grin grin
Re: West African Countries Hate Nigerians? by Nobody: 7:12pm On Oct 17, 2010
I'm proudly a Nigerian. I will alwayz love Nigeria. Infact, it's a privilege to be a Nigerian. A critical analysis of what constitute the country called "Nigeria" suggests that Nigeria is Africa and Africa is Nigeria. Considering the Nigerian human and natural resources, anything becomes possible with Nigeria. The Nigerian government should review their foreign policy and implement conservative policies. This will include, immigration control and embargo on wasteful peace keeping operations in ungrateful African countries. The future is bright for Nigeria. GOD BLESS NIGERIA. grin grin grin
Re: West African Countries Hate Nigerians? by PetroDolla: 10:31pm On Oct 17, 2010
Bla,bla,bla….Nigeria this,Nigeria that…why would anyone envy Nigeria/Nigerians? Is it for corruption,419,robberies,collapsing infrastructure and educational system, religious violence,ritual murders,high incidence of infant mortality,piracy,oil bunkering,election rigging and violence,legendary power outages? Which of these characterisation invokes envy? How long will Nigerians continue to wallow in denial and delusions? I think it is absolutely ridiculous to suggest Nigerians are hated ONLY in West Africa.Is there any part of the world where people are fond of Nigerians? Name one! I think West Africans have been most tolerant of Nigerians if you ask me.
Re: West African Countries Hate Nigerians? by superstar1(m): 12:38am On Oct 18, 2010
for those of refering to 9ja as having the lowest GDP or woteva economic nonsense u call it, it just shows that you do not know how the nigerian economy work,ask them at World bank, they do not understand either. How will they factor in Okada riders income, pepper sellers income, groundnut sellers income, danfo drivers and conductors etc into GDP. That is why despite their prophesy of doom, 9ja keeps waxing stronger.

We are simply being beefed as a result of being the best in what we do---whether good or bad---- that is the nigerian spirit for you. if u want to steal, steal just ensure u know the rules that can exonerate u from stealing, if u want to be a bookwarm ensure u strive to become a nobel laureate or a professor. We do not owe any body any apology for being who we are-----we are dominating the fashion world,education,entertainment world etc in africa, and those haters still keep wondering how Naijas are doing even in the midst of their contrary challenges---we see opportunities where others see challenges, we see a way where others see no road sign, we even make a way where there seems to be no way, we see the light at the end of the tunnel when others see total darkness

How many of these african contries from Egypt down to Lesotho, from Gambia down to eritrea (apart from SA) can boast of more than 3 cities where u can have internet access, relative light, what looks like tarred road and potable water (borehole the least) and they will come to Naija and see Lagos, Abuja, Kano,Kaduna, PH, Calabar, Sokoto and even places like Akure, Enugu, Osogbo, etc and you can still hjave reasoinale live in these places. .

Yes we are bad and capital YES we are good---love us for it or die early hating us, We are simply proud of our country,,,PROUDLY NAIJA JARE!!!!!!!!!!
Re: West African Countries Hate Nigerians? by naijadiva2(f): 6:22pm On Oct 18, 2010
I comment on this but i forgot what i said tongue but that was sometime ago and my perspective might have changed but for me and MY experience, I've never met a person or group of ppl who hated or disliked nigerians the way some of you all have pointed out. If anything i get more love when ppl find out that i am of nigerian descent. Whether west africans, east african, west indian, asians, whatever.
Re: West African Countries Hate Nigerians? by benchwest: 9:50pm On Oct 18, 2010
the bottom line is
nigeria as a country; to the developed world we have a very bad reputation and at the same time being recognise as the most intelectual,smart people, and ofcourse a great emerging positive economy in the african continent.
for our west africa sister nations:we are tooooooooo smart for them,and this is a big problem for them and us because we overshadow in every sector being good or bad and so therefore we on the news all the time.

so i rest my case be simply saying that most west african jealous us thats a fact but ofcourse some do got love 4 us aswell
so it veries.
Re: West African Countries Hate Nigerians? by RSA(m): 8:15am On Oct 21, 2010
Can somebody explain the meaning of jealousy in Nigeiran context.Because it does not make sense.Why will a country like Ghana be jealous of Nigeria.
I mean they have a goverment that works,
high litiracy,
electricity that is uninterupted,
oil,
the most succesful soccer nation in sub sahara,
well maintained roads,l
ow crime,
first African country to attain independence there for making them the real big brother to the whole of black Africa.
They're regarded as an exemplary for good governance and democracy in developing world.

Now what is it that could make Ghananians be jealous of Nigerians? I here someone here saying Nigerians have the biggest population in Africa,and I say the reason you guys have that big population is because you need lessons on family planning,stop making babies as if its a sports.Average Nigerian live below povery line even with African standards,Nigeria is overpopulated.
Re: West African Countries Hate Nigerians? by candylips(m): 1:04pm On Oct 21, 2010
who is this
Re: West African Countries Hate Nigerians? by RSA(m): 1:09pm On Oct 21, 2010
This is the facts and the reality.
Re: West African Countries Hate Nigerians? by naijadiva2(f): 6:49pm On Oct 21, 2010
RSA:

Can somebody explain the meaning of jealousy in Nigeiran context.Because it does not make sense.Why will a country like Ghana be jealous of Nigeria.
I mean they have a goverment that works,
high litiracy,
electricity that is uninterupted,
oil,
the most succesful soccer nation in sub sahara,
well maintained roads,l
ow crime,
first African country to attain independence there for making them the real big brother to the whole of black Africa.
They're regarded as an exemplary for good governance and democracy in developing world.

Now what is it that could make Ghananians be jealous of Nigerians? I here someone here saying Nigerians have the biggest population in Africa,and I say the reason you guys have that big population is because you need lessons on family planning,stop making babies as if its a sports.Average Nigerian live below povery line even with African standards,Nigeria is overpopulated.

LOLOLOLOL, well its kind of true. I can't see myself bringing someone else into this world when im stuggling myself undecided
Re: West African Countries Hate Nigerians? by tpiah: 6:50pm On Oct 21, 2010
high litiracy,

shocked
Re: West African Countries Hate Nigerians? by naijadiva2(f): 7:06pm On Oct 21, 2010
Posted by: tpiah
Insert Quote
high litiracy,

hey. . . . grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Bridge Collapses In Niger State Due To Heavy Rainfall (Photos) / Terrible Accident In Nasarawa, Many Dead, Others Injured (Graphic Pics) / Accident Involving A Dangote Cement Truck And A Car (Graphic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.