Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,414 members, 7,819,484 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:03 PM

West African Countries Hate Nigerians? - Travel (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / West African Countries Hate Nigerians? (37890 Views)

Poll: Do they REALLY hate us?

Yes: 61% (83 votes)
No: 38% (52 votes)
This poll has ended

Top 10 African Countries With The Finest Men / A Nairalander's Tale On His West African Tour / Many Nigerians Living In Nigeria Hate Nigerians In Diaspora, Jealous Much? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: West African Countries Hate Nigerians? by RSA(m): 7:38am On Oct 22, 2010
tpiah:

shocked

I know that in your part of the world good English equate to good education,unfortunately where I come from that is not the case,I also know Chinese who are very educated but could only say hello in english.

And since I'm on nairaland I think I should try to sound 'educated' by checking my spelling and gramar tongue

Did I mention that I speak and write fluently 9 other languages excluding english?I thought I should mention tongue
Re: West African Countries Hate Nigerians? by aigbeedo(m): 11:33am On Oct 22, 2010
If they wnt 2 see us ar 419 so b it we dnt gv a damn . Let dem feed on beans. And gased up til they stop hatin on us.
Re: West African Countries Hate Nigerians? by tetemo: 2:01am On Jan 08, 2011
Sbeauty:

Almost all African countries hate Nigerians( I'm talking from experience). I once applied for a job ,was turned down  and my Ghanaian friend said It's probably due to my Nationality 'cos Nigerians have a bad name abroad. Ethiopians speak bad of Nigerians alot. I think it has something to do with jealously- It's not our fault that God chose to bless us like the Biblical Israelites. Frankly speaking, apart from the unstable educational system, corruption(due to joblessness and covetousness) and unstable electricity, there is no place like Nigeria.  I love Nigeria. God bless Nigeria.

Jealous in what sense hahahaha? most africans are well off than naija. Naija is a very very very poor country so why would other africans envy us? I'm just doing some reality check here. Sometimes we need to take the bitter truth than be blinded by uber patriotism. If we can only use this patriotic ideology in our daily life and not just when other nationality is bashing naija maybe we achieved some discipline and more developed economy now than south africa, morocco, egypt or libya.

1 Like

Re: West African Countries Hate Nigerians? by babsjnr(m): 11:27pm On Jan 08, 2011
most of others african countries hate nigerian coz nigerian got upper hand than any other african countries even in europe, american worldwide we are always in front
Re: West African Countries Hate Nigerians? by RSA(m): 9:01am On Jan 10, 2011
babsjnr:

most of others african countries hate nigerian coz nigerian got upper hand than any other african countries even in europe, american worldwide we are always in front

Upperhand in foreign land but underhand in their own country grin

1 Like

Re: West African Countries Hate Nigerians? by reindeer: 12:29pm On Jan 10, 2011
RSA:

Upperhand in foreign land but underhand in their own country grin

You will of course be smart enough to appreciate the meaning of that, yes?
Well it just shows that Given the right environment at home, the country will be a world power.Individual brilliance is evident in Nigerians, the country just needs the right leader.Nothing is more obvious than the fact that the country has great human capital.
Re: West African Countries Hate Nigerians? by babsjnr(m): 12:29pm On Jan 10, 2011
@ rsa how can a nigerian person have  underhand in his own country, ur replied  don't make sence, nigerian ppls back home or abroad are very proud, humble, interlligent,  educated .we don't give a  fuc* , listen our nigerian mother's brought us up never 2 show fear 4 nobody or where ever we go and remember mama never raised a fool like you, get out my way waste man  tongue
Re: West African Countries Hate Nigerians? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 1:18pm On Jan 10, 2011
[size=13pt]Well , i have known several west African Countries that hate Nigerian's for reasons and justly . As a traveler i have been to couple of Western Africa Countries like the Cameroon Benin , Togo , Ghana , Ivory Coast etc and with what i have noticed most of the Nigerians in these mentioned Countries are great hustlers for life , i mean they can do anything to get the Cash and go back to Nigeria .

I have seen and heard , honestly speaking - just as some hate Nigerians so many Respect the Nigerians too . You know? Everyone need money but some people are just too desperate about it . like for example , i have seen where some Nigerians manage to afford an International passport and planned to travel out of the THEIR country maybe due to the economic situation of instability . when arriving abroad no where to put up and earn a living that can lead to fraud-like activities to survive .

So , not only Nigerians - People from other countries do the same thing abroad .

At least , man must definitely survive. . . . grin grin wink
[/size]
Re: West African Countries Hate Nigerians? by RSA(m): 1:21pm On Jan 10, 2011
babsjnr:

@ rsa how can a nigerian person have  underhand in his own country, your replied  don't make sence, nigerian ppls back home or abroad are very proud, humble, interlligent,  educated .we don't give a  fuc* , listen our nigerian mother's brought us up never 2 show fear 4 nobody or where ever we go and remember mama never raised a fool like you, get out my way waste man  tongue

I will only respond to the bolded sentence for obvious reasons,we all know that Nigerians feels oppressed by their goverment,most Nigerians are emigrating to all parts of of the world,some worst than Nigeria not by choice but because things are not working in Nigeria.That is what I mean Junior,and please don't bring your mama into this tongue
Re: West African Countries Hate Nigerians? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 1:42pm On Jan 10, 2011
[size=13pt]LOL @ please , don't bring your mama into this . . . . grin grin grin[/size]

RSA:

I will only respond to the bolded sentence for obvious reasons,we all know that Nigerians feels oppressed by their goverment,most Nigerians are emigrating to all parts of of the world,some worst than Nigeria not by choice but because things are not working in Nigeria.That is what I mean Junior,and please don't bring your mama into this tongue
Re: West African Countries Hate Nigerians? by babsjnr(m): 5:52pm On Jan 10, 2011
@ rsa  nigerian govt is old news.  we all know all the african leaders are crap don't get nigerian govt  involve in dis  *hit ,   any nigerian citizens can emigrate 2 any countries for good living, studies or bussiness but still we are the most successfully in whole african and abroad.
Re: West African Countries Hate Nigerians? by ikeyman00(m): 11:32pm On Jan 10, 2011
@@@@

with all those vibe on how good south africa is. Personally i still lost cuz the few s-africa i know have said suitation in their country isnt no different from NIgeria; the same corruption corroding the place has its ulgy head in your country

so what all those talk all about like sa doesnt accept bribe

for your record there lots and lots of sa living abroad; so what the deal ehh

keep talkin
Re: West African Countries Hate Nigerians? by RSA(m): 8:31am On Jan 11, 2011
ikeyman00:

@@@@

with all those vibe on how good south africa is. Personally i still lost cuz the few s-africa i know have said suitation in their country isnt no different from NIgeria; the same corruption corroding the place has its ulgy head in your country

so what all those talk all about like sa doesnt accept bribe

for your record there lots and lots of sa living abroad; so what the deal ehh

keep talkin
I am happy you've stated that only 'few' South Africans have said all those negative things,yes South Africa is not corrupt proof,we do get here and there some corrupt policeman or goverment officials just like anywhere in the world including first world countries but majority of people are honest and don't accept bribes,infact you will be arrest in SA if you try to bribe a official.

Let me teach you also a little bit about SA politics,Just like IGBO'S  in Nigeria who feels that they don't belong in Nigeria,whites South Africans feels the same about this Mandelas South Africa,most of them who use to support the aapartheid feel misplaced in this country,they grew up thinking that a black man could not run a country succesfully,they said we willrundown this country,they said black people are uncivilised and without their control we will turn into animals.They said black people are born corupt,they pointed to mainland Africa as an example.

Today those who are still in the country try so hard to find faults in our people,they are still saying all kinds of bad things about us,yet we are treating them well and continue to make even more money in SA which makes it difficult to for them to leave,They drive in some of the most sophisticated road network in Southern hemisphere and Africa,when they visits their friends in eurpe they go thru some the most modern airports in the world,their children go to some of the most well respected universities in the wolrd ,all this in are in the Mandelas South Africa.

those who left the country where on the mission of spreading lies and their hateful perceptions about our people in foreign land and still not succeeding,they've said so many lies that when people visit this country they get pleasantly suprised and go back home tell their buddies and come back for more holidays,that is why South Africa is the most visited country in Africa,people don't visit corrupt failed country.

And yes most of this hateful,racist South Africans comeback home in their numbers screaming there is nothing like home after they realised that South Africa is in good hands and well runned.We hosted the second if not the biggest international sport,over 500 000 foreigners visited us without a hic,we are now a member of BRIC nations,five biggest emerging markets in the world,if that is not telling you that South Africa is going up then tell me what it means.
Re: West African Countries Hate Nigerians? by morpheus24: 2:47pm On Jan 11, 2011
RSA:

I am happy you've stated that only 'few' South Africans have said all those negative things,yes South Africa is not corrupt proof,we do get here and there some corrupt policeman or goverment officials just like anywhere in the world including first world countries but majority of people are honest and don't accept bribes,infact you will be arrest in SA if you try to bribe a official.

Let me teach you also a little bit about SA politics,Just like IGBO'S in Nigeria who feels that they don't belong in Nigeria,whites South Africans feels the same about this Mandelas South Africa,most of them who use to support the aapartheid feel misplaced in this country,they grew up thinking that a black man could not run a country succesfully,they said we willrundown this country,they said black people are uncivilised and without their control we will turn into animals.They said black people are born corupt,they pointed to mainland Africa as an example.

Today those who are still in the country try so hard to find faults in our people,they are still saying all kinds of bad things about us,yet we are treating them well and continue to make even more money in SA which makes it difficult to for them to leave,They drive in some of the most sophisticated road network in Southern hemisphere and Africa,when they visits their friends in eurpe they go thru some the most modern airports in the world,their children go to some of the most well respected universities in the wolrd ,all this in are in the Mandelas South Africa.

those who left the country where on the mission of spreading lies and their hateful perceptions about our people in foreign land and still not succeeding,they've said so many lies that when people visit this country they get pleasantly suprised and go back home tell their buddies and come back for more holidays,that is why South Africa is the most visited country in Africa,people don't visit corrupt failed country.

And yes most of this hateful,racist South Africans comeback home in their numbers screaming there is nothing like home after they realised that South Africa is in good hands and well runned.We hosted the second if not the biggest international sport,over 500 000 foreigners visited us without a hic,we are now a member of BRIC nations,five biggest emerging markets in the world,if that is not telling you that South Africa is going up then tell me what it means.

Well said
Re: West African Countries Hate Nigerians? by ikeyman00(m): 11:03pm On Jan 11, 2011
^^^^^

well they are actually black-sa

so hmm
Re: West African Countries Hate Nigerians? by AjanleKoko: 6:46am On Jan 12, 2011
Flogging a dead horse, no doubt. I guess if I weren't Nigerian I would hate us too. After all, we are sort of 15% of the entire continent, and definitely the most aggressive.
All said, I'm glad to be a hated Nigerian. When people know you to be a bad man, they think twice before tangling with you grin If only we could just get things working in Nigeria, then we would be the USA of Africa - hated but feared.
Re: West African Countries Hate Nigerians? by voros: 11:11am On Jan 14, 2011
AjanleKoko:

Flogging a dead horse, no doubt. I guess if I weren't Nigerian I would hate us too. After all, we are sort of 15% of the entire continent, and definitely the most aggressive.
All said, I'm glad to be a hated Nigerian. When people know you to be a bad man, they think twice before tangling with you grin If only we could just get things working in Nigeria, then we would be the USA of Africa - hated but feared.
I love this write up

1 Like

Re: West African Countries Hate Nigerians? by snowdrops(m): 3:43pm On Jan 14, 2011
RSA has continued to smoke dog poo despite promises made in 2010 to give it up. The poo tends to damage an area of the brain that means an intense hatred for anything naija along with juvenile tantrums and unintelligent posts.

However there is hope, first go get HIV tested to rule out another possibility causing your presentation, then go hug a 1 million volt transformer. Who says electric shock therapy has stopped working.
Re: West African Countries Hate Nigerians? by gallivant: 4:24pm On Jan 15, 2011
Sbeauty on November 12, 2009, 08:30 AM

Almost all African countries hate Nigerians( I'm talking from experience). I once applied for a job ,was turned down  and my Ghanaian friend said It's probably due to my Nationality 'cos Nigerians have a bad name abroad. Ethiopians speak bad of Nigerians alot. I think it has something to do with jealously- It's not our fault that God chose to bless us like the Biblical Israelites. Frankly speaking, apart from the unstable educational system, corruption(due to joblessness and covetousness) and unstable electricity, there is no place like Nigeria.  I love Nigeria. God bless Nigeria

Ha ha ha!This post almost made me fall off my chair.I dont think most Africans hate Nigerians,most definately not East Africans.
Re: West African Countries Hate Nigerians? by eghost247(m): 4:30pm On Jan 15, 2011
someone of them actually respect nigerians
Re: West African Countries Hate Nigerians? by ikeyman00(m): 6:41pm On Jan 16, 2011
Ha ha ha!This post almost made me fall off my chair.I dont think most Africans hate Nigerians,most definately not East Africans.

hmmm
Re: West African Countries Hate Nigerians? by cheikh: 1:52am On Jan 17, 2011
@Op
Pls be fair. Have you ever seen/witnessed the behaviour of the Nigerian Immigration & the Nigerian Customs & Excise personnel at work 'dealing with' with fellow Ecowas citizens? I have met two different women 'Malian' and 'Congolese' who told me very sad stories of sexual demands/assaults/ their money seized/taken from them. Those two women do not know each other whatsoever and have never met each other either. That's just a sample of some of their experience of Naija' Nigerian officials are far more brazen/costly too. Try the journey from Seme to Mile Two/Lagos to see the so called Nigerian officials engaging in all manner of illegality.The foreigners learnt/acquired some of those bad habits from Nigerians- greed and uncouth behaviour.

1 Like

Re: West African Countries Hate Nigerians? by ikeyman00(m): 9:41pm On Jan 17, 2011
^^^^^

nawoooo wetin dis mean

people shocked
Re: West African Countries Hate Nigerians? by otumfour(m): 4:08pm On Jan 18, 2011
Sbeauty:

apart from the unstable educational system, corruption(due to joblessness and covetousness) and unstable electricity,

shocked shocked shocked is this dude foreal?

Sbeauty:

I think it has something to do with jealously- It's not our fault that God chose to bless us like the Biblical Israelites.

grin grin grin grin
Re: West African Countries Hate Nigerians? by RSA(m): 5:28pm On Jan 19, 2011
@Otumfour I am helping you laugh my friend grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: West African Countries Hate Nigerians? by otumfour(m): 6:09pm On Jan 19, 2011
^^^ lmao! grin grin grin hope u gud bruv?
Re: West African Countries Hate Nigerians? by kennybuda: 6:45pm On Jun 03, 2011
they are lazy folks , where we dey na informat them bi against nigerians no mind them, live your life
Re: West African Countries Hate Nigerians? by SouthChi(m): 10:28pm On Jun 03, 2011
Divided by tribes,politics,religion,countries,regions. Africa is a rough place to live.

Here I am preaching unity between Black Americans and Nigerians yet Nigerians know from experience how ignorant prejudice and negative perception can be.

How can Nigerians want respect or unity with Ghana if you don't practice respect and unity amongst yourself?

1 Like

Re: West African Countries Hate Nigerians? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 2:58am On Jun 11, 2011
[size=13pt]You mean they're drinking only tea as food? cheesy cheesy wink[/size]

kennybuda:

they are lazy folks , where we dey na informat them bi against nigerians no mind them, live your life
Re: West African Countries Hate Nigerians? by CanImServ: 11:04am On Sep 16, 2011
The best is always a non-Nigerian until a Nigerian makes an entry to compete with the best. That's why Carl Lewis campaigned against Nigerian using American games as a way of preparing for major athletics competition including the Olympics.
Re: West African Countries Hate Nigerians? by lovelydoll: 8:43pm On Jan 21, 2012
this is true women give nigerian guy chances ,and the nigerian guys screw it up.once they try a nigerian guy once they never try it again.
Re: West African Countries Hate Nigerians? by gallivant: 2:10am On Jan 22, 2012
Ogaga4Luv:

[size=13pt]You mean they're drinking only tea as food? cheesy cheesy wink[/size]

I saw what you did there. wink

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

The Myth About Nigerians Washing Dead Bodies In The US / Passengers Die In Accident On Warri-Ughelli Expressway In Delta. Graphic Pics / Share Your Experience With Nigerian Churches Abroad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.