Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,179 members, 7,821,987 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:50 PM

Apc Presidential Candidate With Apc National Chairman Watching The Announcement - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Apc Presidential Candidate With Apc National Chairman Watching The Announcement (55896 Views)

INEC Postponed The Announcement Of Results Until 10am Tomorrow / Photo: Gov. Okorocha & Wife Watching The Announcement Of INEC Results / Jega Live On NTA: INEC Stage Is Set For The Announcement Of Presidential Result (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Apc Presidential Candidate With Apc National Chairman Watching The Announcement by milky3(f): 4:03pm On Mar 31, 2015
Burger01:
Our president in waiting!

We have done it baba!

Sai Buhari

Sai Osinbajo
Kindly tell baba to do away with that cap cos I'm afraid he won't be affected with cluelessness too
Re: Apc Presidential Candidate With Apc National Chairman Watching The Announcement by shesszi(m): 4:04pm On Mar 31, 2015
If jona was smart he should have seen this coming but just because he wasn't smart, he does not know whats going on around him, he just got himself rejected by the masses
Re: Apc Presidential Candidate With Apc National Chairman Watching The Announcement by Nobody: 4:06pm On Mar 31, 2015
Just wasting their eyes***
Re: Apc Presidential Candidate With Apc National Chairman Watching The Announcement by ignis: 4:06pm On Mar 31, 2015
That's my president. ..
Re: Apc Presidential Candidate With Apc National Chairman Watching The Announcement by purplekayc(m): 4:06pm On Mar 31, 2015
5 states remaining
Re: Apc Presidential Candidate With Apc National Chairman Watching The Announcement by mustymatic(m): 4:06pm On Mar 31, 2015
The rate at which tanoids shout GEJ till 2019 is surely decreasing, Where art thou?
Anyhoo, GMB till....God knows when

Change is finally here,

SAI BABA

1 Like

Re: Apc Presidential Candidate With Apc National Chairman Watching The Announcement by Nobody: 4:07pm On Mar 31, 2015
yorke1:
Buhari should start thinking of means to finance the affairs of Nigeria through rearing of cattle and the rest. He should not think we are going to allow him come closer to the oil in Niger Delta.

It is time to go back to the creek!

I think that I have a solution for you....put your governor, your LGA chairman to work for you.

Better than creek things!
Re: Apc Presidential Candidate With Apc National Chairman Watching The Announcement by ifoundmyperfect: 4:08pm On Mar 31, 2015
Zico5:
Never will any government underrate the masses. We have the power to give or take away power. Never will any government put his interest above the masses. This jonathan with his cluelessness destroy the work some people labour to get for sixteen years. He has already gone down the memory lane as the worst president ever in history of Nigeria. I wish him luck in his kingdom in otuoke. Sai gobe jonah

He might consider changing his name from Goodluck after this movie is over. The moment the card reader didn't work for him, it was a glaring sign that he isn't just being rejected by a machine, but the entire masses as a whole.
Re: Apc Presidential Candidate With Apc National Chairman Watching The Announcement by BlackGirlsCode: 4:08pm On Mar 31, 2015
franciskaine:
You are all invited to Otueke reunion party on the 30th of May 2015. Nollywood actors and CAN pastors very plenty. Chief guest - Asari Dokubo.

I even forgot about that fat imbecilic terrorist.
Re: Apc Presidential Candidate With Apc National Chairman Watching The Announcement by Burger01(m): 4:08pm On Mar 31, 2015
milky3:

Kindly tell baba to do away with that cap cos I'm afraid he won't be affected with cluelessness too
cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Apc Presidential Candidate With Apc National Chairman Watching The Announcement by todayguest(m): 4:08pm On Mar 31, 2015
Sunday8650:
JONA, MAMA P, FFK, TANOIDS, how market na! grin grin grin
laugh! E go b lik film tricks for ur eyes.
Re: Apc Presidential Candidate With Apc National Chairman Watching The Announcement by dljbd1(m): 4:08pm On Mar 31, 2015
IfyAwazie:
Eye go pain some people dis season.
Except arsenal fans. They are used to pain.
Re: Apc Presidential Candidate With Apc National Chairman Watching The Announcement by stagger: 4:09pm On Mar 31, 2015
How many states has Buhari captured up to 25%? That is the key question now.

1 Like

Re: Apc Presidential Candidate With Apc National Chairman Watching The Announcement by BlackGirlsCode: 4:11pm On Mar 31, 2015
Re: Apc Presidential Candidate With Apc National Chairman Watching The Announcement by ribbit: 4:11pm On Mar 31, 2015
Born and delta

Final
Re: Apc Presidential Candidate With Apc National Chairman Watching The Announcement by Nobody: 4:12pm On Mar 31, 2015
lonelydora:
While Northerners were voting massively for Buhari, Southerners were in the comfort of their homes(some went to play football, some went to visit friends, some were watching movies) shouting GEJ till 2019. The little that went to vote started complaining about card readers and the slow process. Some out of annoyance went home. It does not work like that my brothers. Abia and Anambra couldn't even produce 1 million votes and you want GEJ to win.

‪#‎BabaNowThatYouAreThere‬ Don't forget how I refused to listen to my Ibo kinsmen and voted for you, change our country for good.

1.9 million likes for you like Kano result! grin

Some were busy drinking beer at home, surfing the net and criticizing Buhari for marrying a younger woman grin Now e don clear for their eyes! grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Apc Presidential Candidate With Apc National Chairman Watching The Announcement by IfyAwazie(f): 4:13pm On Mar 31, 2015
dljbd1:

Except arsenal fans. They are used to pain.
:cheesy
Re: Apc Presidential Candidate With Apc National Chairman Watching The Announcement by Filmewell(f): 4:13pm On Mar 31, 2015
stagger:
How many states has Buhari captured up to 25%? That is the key question now.
my brother it is finished. unless buhar will loose his case in court.as of today he won dont worry cry with me.
Re: Apc Presidential Candidate With Apc National Chairman Watching The Announcement by solreb: 4:13pm On Mar 31, 2015
Tobilastik:
I don't think he's gotten 24% in 24 states ...

I smell runoff

anyways.... We'll chase Jonathan out!

He already gotten 25 states. He will get Sokoto and that will make it 26. SAi BABA

1 Like

Re: Apc Presidential Candidate With Apc National Chairman Watching The Announcement by Fadman4real(m): 4:14pm On Mar 31, 2015
yorke1:
Buhari should start thinking of means to finance the affairs of Nigeria through rearing of cattle and the rest. He should not think we are going to allow him come closer to the oil in Niger Delta.

It is time to go back to the creek!

Please go ooooooo
You can start eating your oil
Re: Apc Presidential Candidate With Apc National Chairman Watching The Announcement by san316(m): 4:14pm On Mar 31, 2015
Where is the picture of GEJ watching the result announcement?
Re: Apc Presidential Candidate With Apc National Chairman Watching The Announcement by Misogynist2014(m): 4:15pm On Mar 31, 2015
sauceny:
Since we all now know that GMB has won this election... So,i hope Nigerians follows up closely & urge him to keep to his promise of change he has assured Nigerians of.

1...I want a Nigeria where education is affordable

2...I want a Nigeria where we have portable/good roads

3...I want a Nigeria where we all have access to clean drinking water

4...I want a Nigeria where health care gets accessible to the common man

5...I want a Nigeria where constant electricity supply would be

6...I want a Nigeria where the old/children/women are cared & protected from harms way

7...I want a Nigeria where our economy would be of envy to the int'l communities & those in diaspora returning back home to invest in great Nigeria

8...And lastly,i want a country where my government would be able to pay her citizens of 18+ years,a N100,000 as a monthly allowance
Are you serious @8?!
Re: Apc Presidential Candidate With Apc National Chairman Watching The Announcement by kindnyce(m): 4:16pm On Mar 31, 2015
SEE OUR HEROES

SEE OUR EMANCIPATORS

SEE THE NEW FACE OF LEADERSHIP IN NIGERIA

GOD BLESS NIGERIA

GOD BLESS GMB/PYO
Re: Apc Presidential Candidate With Apc National Chairman Watching The Announcement by purplekayc(m): 4:16pm On Mar 31, 2015
If buhari wins tinubu own don better finally
Re: Apc Presidential Candidate With Apc National Chairman Watching The Announcement by Awoofawo(m): 4:16pm On Mar 31, 2015
Zico5:
Never will any government underrate the masses. We have the power to give or take away power. Never will any government put his interest above the masses. This jonathan with his cluelessness destroy the work some people labour to get for sixteen years. He has already gone down the memory lane as the worst president ever in history of Nigeria. I wish him luck in his kingdom in otuoke. Sai gobe jonah

The power of Social Media is at play big time in this election! APC were everywhere rallying the youth to their side online while some mofos said online polls and campaign don't count...

They forget that social media triggered the Arab Spring...... And it had succeed in triggering change in Nigeria....
Re: Apc Presidential Candidate With Apc National Chairman Watching The Announcement by Odunharry(m): 4:16pm On Mar 31, 2015
sokoto delta and bornu to go
Re: Apc Presidential Candidate With Apc National Chairman Watching The Announcement by johnnyblakes(m): 4:16pm On Mar 31, 2015
wildchild1:
APC Presidential candidate GMB with APC National chairman John Oyegun,Chris Ngige and co watching the announcement of the presidential election by INEC
all thanks to jonathan,he only paid the price of being fair.congrates to buhari who benefited from jonathans maturity of signing the bill old corpse obasanjo refused to sign.God bless nigeria
Re: Apc Presidential Candidate With Apc National Chairman Watching The Announcement by annibro(f): 4:17pm On Mar 31, 2015
Tobilastik:
I don't think he's gotten 24% in 24 states ...

I smell runoff

anyways.... We'll chase Jonathan out!

He has won 23 states already with more dan 50%, has more dan 25% in plateau, FCT, Nasarawa, Imo, Ekiti & Taraba. Sokoto is sure win. Nothing like run off.

Fireworks is wat we're expecting instead
Re: Apc Presidential Candidate With Apc National Chairman Watching The Announcement by mazinaija: 4:17pm On Mar 31, 2015
Nigeria has chosen a sharia compliant president, an indirect invitation to ISIS. America eye go clear.
Re: Apc Presidential Candidate With Apc National Chairman Watching The Announcement by morgba(f): 4:17pm On Mar 31, 2015
The time for change is here
Sai Baba!
Sai Buhari!!!
Winner ooooooo#singing
Re: Apc Presidential Candidate With Apc National Chairman Watching The Announcement by Ethanegos(m): 4:18pm On Mar 31, 2015
ABUJA (Reuters) - The opposition All Progressives Congress (APC) declared victory for its candidate, former military ruler Muhammadu Buhari, in Nigeria's presidential election on Tuesday and said the country was "witnessing history".

"This is the first time in Nigeria that a sitting government will be voted out of power using purely democratic means," APC spokesman Lai Mohammed told Reuters at the house in the capital where Buhari was watching the results come in.

"The people of Nigeria have taken over."

He said the APC had no reason to doubt that President Goodluck Jonathan would concede defeat.

"He said several times that he would relinquish power if he was voted out in a free and fair election," Mohammed said.

Former army general Buhari ruled between 1983 and 1985 after seizing power in a coup. Ousted himself in another military takeover led by General Ibrahim Babangida in August 1985, he declared himself a convert to democracy and has since run and lost in several previous elections.

Jonathan's five years at the helm of Africa's most populous country and biggest economy have been plagued by corruption scandals and a Boko Haram Islamist insurgency. His People's Democratic Party (PDP) has run Nigeria since the end of military rule in 1999.

Bar some technical glitches and the killing of more than a dozen voters by Boko Haram militants in the northeast, the election has been the smoothest and most orderly in recent history - a factor that appears to have played in the outcome.

"There are probably lots of reasons why the PDP might have lost, but I think the key one is that the elections just haven't been rigged," said Antony Goldman, a business consultant with high-level contacts in Nigeria.

"If you leave it to the Nigerian people they will be ready to make big decisions and to make Nigeria look something more like a conventional democracy."

"NEW DIRECTION"

In the Abuja house where Buhari was staying, there was restrained joy - fitting with his image as a sandal-wearing Muslim ascetic - tinged with a sense of responsibility to manage the transition in a country with a long history of political violence.

"We should all work together to redirect the country. A lot of sacrifices will have to be made," Kwara state senator and senior APC official Bukola Saraki said.

In a sign of simmering PDP passions, Buhari's march to victory was briefly interrupted when Godsday Orubebe, a former minister from the Niger Delta, grabbed a microphone and launched into a 10-minute rant against election commissioner Attahiru Jega at the body's headquarters in the capital.

"Mr. Chairman, we have lost confidence in what you are doing," he shouted. "You are being very, very selective. You are partial."

Orubebe was finally persuaded to end his sit-in and put down the microphone, allowing the results ceremony to continue.

MARKETS CHEER

At least 15 people were shot dead on polling day, most of them in the northeast where Boko Haram has declared war on democracy in its fight to revive a mediaeval caliphate in the sands of the southern Sahara.

However, the level of violence and chaos was significantly lower than previous elections in the country of 170 million, which only got rid of military rule 16 years ago.

The relatively orderly conduct also eased fears of a repeat of the violence that followed a Buhari defeat to Jonathan in 2011, when 800 people were killed in three days of blood-letting in the predominantly Muslim north.

As Buhari's vote tally mounted, flashpoint northern cities such as Kaduna and Kano were quiet, helping push the stock market up almost 1 percent to a three-week high. The naira also held steady at 218 against the dollar on the black market.

"With projections that Buhari may eventually be announced president-elect, it sends a positive signal to the markets that there would be a change to the way things have been done in the past," Ayodeji Ebo, head of research at Afrinvest said.

Although Nigeria's economy has been growing at 7 percent or more, scandals over billions of dollars in missing oil receipts and the rise of the Boko Haram insurgency in which thousands have died undermined Jonathan's popularity.

The president's perceived slow reaction to the kidnapping of more than 200 schoolgirls from the village of Chibok in April last year by Boko Haram also caused widespread anger.

Buhari, a Muslim northerner, campaigned on his reputation as a military strongman who could crush Boko Haram.

The war has turned in Jonathan's favor in the past six weeks. The Islamist militants controlled an area the size of Belgium at the start of the year, but a string of military victories by troops from Nigeria, Chad, Cameroon and Niger has reclaimed much of the territory. But that progress appears to have been be too late for him.

http://news.yahoo.com/nigeria-oppositions-buhari-ahead-vote-count-resumes-091300965.html

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ben Bruce Reacts To AMCON Closing Silverbird / Patrol Helicopter Touched Down In Ihiala On Election Monitoring / Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.