Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,337 members, 7,811,978 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:08 AM

Why Igbos Voted Jonathan - The Hypocrisy - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Igbos Voted Jonathan - The Hypocrisy (16256 Views)

You Are Insane, Nigerians Voted Jonathan Out - Presidency Blasts Reno Omokiri / Boko Haram And Jonathan: The Truth Unfolds - Thisday / NIGERIANS VOTED JONATHAN BECAUSE OF THE NAME "GOODLUCK" - PASTOR SAM ADEYEMI (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Igbos Voted Jonathan - The Hypocrisy by namfav(m): 1:04pm On Apr 01, 2015
whose fault is it that he surrounded himself with the corrupt? you are only as good as the company you keep wink

peppyluv02:
Liar! GEJ failed because he surrounded himself with the northerners and favoring them so much(Almajiri school is one of them) thinking they will save him forgetting that tribal and religious sentiments runs in your blood!

Re: Why Igbos Voted Jonathan - The Hypocrisy by Nobody: 1:07pm On Apr 01, 2015
focus7:
You just revealed your level of ignorance. Leave poltics aside, igbos are the most tribal sentimental in Nigeria and it will keep them farther backward if they don't come out of it. Beside the election has really help to expose the political value of the igbo nation in Nigeria political scheme. It is amazing that the whole electoral records from the whole of igbo land is not up to electoral records from three states from the South South, igbos has no electoral value any nation political candidate should rely on, that was one of the mistake Jonathan made.

fool millions of Igbo people boycotted the elections like we adviced, zoo politics is not our interest.

We warned Jona, if they threaten ur govt to put u out with terrorist from up north, threaten them with Biafra, they will plead u to stay for more 16 years. He went the way of a gentleman.

tell all Igbos to vote, ur people no fit conquer us.

2 Likes

Re: Why Igbos Voted Jonathan - The Hypocrisy by Nobody: 1:18pm On Apr 01, 2015
I know you are one of the wolves surrounding Buhari. Abeg no bite me o!

namfav:
whose fault is it that he surrounded himself with the corrupt? you are only as good as the company you keep wink

Re: Why Igbos Voted Jonathan - The Hypocrisy by dustydee: 1:21pm On Apr 01, 2015
peppyluv02:
We all know who the real Hypocrites are. Let us not pretend not to know that 60% of northerners unlike the southerners who supported Buhari voted out of tribal and religious sentiments. I personally know yorubas who voted APC because Osibanjo is a yoruba man.They can deny it but the truth stands!
Not all from the north or west voted Buhari and not all from the south south or south east voted Jonathan.

This topic of yours will only instigate hate against the Igbos (but we are used to it) because some olodos will not read but rush to comment. Thanks thou for clearly pointing out to the 'zombies' who thinks everyone from the south is Igbo. Jonathan is Ijaw from Bayelsa state not Igbo from the south east and no offense to my south south brothers,you people too don't like Igbos just like other tribes (story for another day thou) the reason,we Igbos sincerely don't care to know!

I can say with fact that 30% of the Igbo population voted Buhari. Before you think about the south east votes,remember the population of Igbos in other parts of Nigeria.The number of accredited voters in the south east is less than the number in other parts of the country. Like I told NDIGBO on Facebook,relax and don't take it personal,let the Niger Delta people mourn their loss afterall most of them didn't want GEJ which was obvious in Rivers and Edo. And I give them kudos because they clearly didn't vote out of sentiment,it's not easy denying your brother in a country where every region desperately wants power.
The humble president accepted defeat without instigating war. We did our best but the majority decided.

Congrats Rtd General Buhari.

Meanwhile,I need an 'ogbunigwe' and the identity of this bastard. Let me murder him before he murders any Igbo man.
Can you please take down these pictures? It is giving the bigot more publicity. Thanks.
Re: Why Igbos Voted Jonathan - The Hypocrisy by DollyParton1(f): 1:24pm On Apr 01, 2015
Timbuktou:
@DollyParton1. You said: still stand by what I wrote earlier, that an Hausa
presidential candidate and a Yoruba VP does not
appeal to an average Igbo person just like a
combination of Hausa and igbo would not appeal to an
average Yoruba person.

And I say you are ignorant of the reality in this country. Were Jonathan and Sambo yoruba when yoruba overwhelmingly voted for them in 2011? All you children that were born in 2012 should read, learn and observe from history. Stop this copy and paste. Nonsense that you so easily resort to. Yoruba vote for whoever they feel will represent their best interests. Cikenan.
If that was the case, then APC should have had an almost clean sweep in the southwest. Yes, Yorubas has a relative evolved voting choice, but u can't deny that there is no trace of tribalism. That was why Osinbajo was chosen as VP instead of Amechi as popularly expected. Yoruba voting pattern is not totally rid of tribabsm, though it might not be as much as other regions, but it is there.

1 Like

Re: Why Igbos Voted Jonathan - The Hypocrisy by miqos02(m): 1:26pm On Apr 01, 2015
Afam4eva:
Once again i congratulate Buhari for emerging Nigeria's new president and also Jonathan for conceding. Both are African records.

Now, i've been seeing comments about Igbos flying all m fit and it's not anyone's business.

Congrats Buhari
how come av not been seeing ur posts on nairaland?
Re: Why Igbos Voted Jonathan - The Hypocrisy by Afam4eva(m): 1:27pm On Apr 01, 2015
miqos02:
how come av not been seeing ur posts on nairaland?
I've been very busy but i've been monitoring posts and occasionally posting.
Re: Why Igbos Voted Jonathan - The Hypocrisy by Beedude(m): 1:42pm On Apr 01, 2015
[quote author=sinizia post=32220995]

Let's call a spade a spade! You needed to hear the comments coming from most of your kinsmen (that I crossed paths with) on their reasons for supporting Buhari (a particular Yoruba lady said she knows Tinubu is more corrupt than GEJ but since PDP has no Yoruba as a VP, she'll go for APC because of Osibanjo).

Just like saying APC is corrupt but if a Yoruba rep is there, I can overlook it.[/quote
That Lady is naïve and know nothing about politics.. Even when OBJ was president , he faced so many condemnation from the Yorubas
Re: Why Igbos Voted Jonathan - The Hypocrisy by christopher123(m): 1:43pm On Apr 01, 2015
Nobody can intimidate an average igbo..the time they will have rest is when igbo have their biafra...i am just sick and tired of those south wasting bastards and their naught slave masters

Afam4eva:
Once again i congratulate Buhari for emerging Nigeria's new president and also Jonathan for conceding. Both are African records.

Now, i've been seeing comments about Igbos flying all around from nairaland to social media sites and it's really pitiful that Nigerians can descend to such levels of hypocrisy. I for one have wondered why Igbos believe so much in Jonathan. it actually beats me. But i realized that's the beauty of democracy. You never just understand why people support the other candidate and you probably will never understand. They also don't understand why you're supporting your own candidate. it's a two way street. My major grouse is the fact that people are tainting the support of majority of Igbos for Jonathan as a tribal thing and i'm like WTF. How can it be tribal even when the person they're supporting is not even Igbo. It's hypocritical that Buhari swept the North just like he did in 2011 and nobody is accusing them of tribalism considering that Buhari is hausa/Fulani but you're accusing a tribe that supports someone who's not their tribesman for tribalism. You can accuse these people for anything but never tribalism. They reserve the unapologetic right to support who they deem fit and it's not anyone's business.

Congrats Buhari

2 Likes

Re: Why Igbos Voted Jonathan - The Hypocrisy by Beedude(m): 1:44pm On Apr 01, 2015
sinizia:

Let's call a spade a spade! You needed to hear the comments coming from most of your kinsmen (that I crossed paths with) on their reasons for supporting Buhari (a particular Yoruba lady said she knows Tinubu is more corrupt than GEJ but since PDP has no Yoruba as a VP, she'll go for APC because of Osibanjo).

Just like saying APC is corrupt but if a Yoruba rep is there, I can overlook it.

That Lady is naïve and know nothing about politics.. Even when OBJ was president , he faced so many criticism and condemnation from the Yorubas
Re: Why Igbos Voted Jonathan - The Hypocrisy by Nobody: 1:47pm On Apr 01, 2015
Biafra is here.

Forget zoo politics where some think others should be their slaves.

1 Like

Re: Why Igbos Voted Jonathan - The Hypocrisy by miqos02(m): 1:51pm On Apr 01, 2015
shortgun:
My brother one of the reasons why GEJ conceded defeat is to prevent people from been killed (especially Igbos) in the North and other parts of the Country.

It's very glaring that this Election was massively rigged in favor of APC in the states where they controlled.

An average Northerner is tribal ; but they will be quick accuse other tribes of tribalism.
PDP controls most of the northern states remember?

and pls explain the unprecedented 75% voter turnout in rivers state
Re: Why Igbos Voted Jonathan - The Hypocrisy by 0ldirtybastard(m): 2:25pm On Apr 01, 2015
peppyluv02:
I know you are one of the wolves surrounding Buhari. Abeg no bite me o!

Buhahahaha!

1 Like

Re: Why Igbos Voted Jonathan - The Hypocrisy by christopher123(m): 2:33pm On Apr 01, 2015
Normality:

fool millions of Igbo people boycotted the elections like we adviced, zoo politics is not our interest.

We warned Jona, if they threaten ur govt to put u out with terrorist from up north, threaten them with Biafra, they will plead u to stay for more 16 years. He went the way of a gentleman.

tell all Igbos to vote, ur people no fit conquer us.

when people say igbo lose election you ask how, Igbo never lose, the losers are south south, they lost credibility, they lost their mind and they will lose their oil well and environment. Since 1070 igbo never ruled but it has not stop igbo from been the most educated tribe, it has not stooped igbo land from having the highest income distribution, it has not stopped igbo land from having industries ranging from ICT and car manufacturing, it has not stoped igbo from having the biggest online trading firms like www.slot.com, www.wakanow.com, www.PTVphones.com and biggest onlie blogs making million employing igbos such as linda ikeji, bella naija..it has not stoped igbo from progessing

one thing the lack of president did or is doing for igbo is that it made them understand that they do not have any body to depend but on their-selves and brain with God been on their side...

look at how the Yoruba and Hausa are bragging, that it what presidency does to them, it gives them wrong sense of fulfilment and achievement while their problem such as high level of touting, pverty, omo nili mentality, almajirism and polio and illiteracy looms around

since north have presidency have they produced likes of chimamanda, chinua, elechi amadi and other global known literary giants ..the answer is big No, yoruba managed only Wole soyinka thats all.

You can see what dependence on politics and governance can do to some region. The same way dependence on oil never impacted on Niger delta, the best thing depend on yourself

KEEP SAYING WE ARE APC...LET ME KNOW IF APC Will buy you that car that you will drive, buy you that great perdume or put food on your tables....

Bunch of confused lots

2 Likes

Re: Why Igbos Voted Jonathan - The Hypocrisy by christopher123(m): 2:33pm On Apr 01, 2015
dustydee:

Can you please take down these pictures? It is giving the bigot more publicity. Thanks.

when people say igbo lose election you ask how, Igbo never lose, the losers are south south, they lost credibility, they lost their mind and they will lose their oil well and environment. Since 1070 igbo never ruled but it has not stop igbo from been the most educated tribe, it has not stooped igbo land from having the highest income distribution, it has not stopped igbo land from having industries ranging from ICT and car manufacturing, it has not stoped igbo from having the biggest online trading firms like www.slot.com, www.wakanow.com, www.PTVphones.com and biggest onlie blogs making million employing igbos such as linda ikeji, bella naija..it has not stoped igbo from progessing

one thing the lack of president did or is doing for igbo is that it made them understand that they do not have any body to depend but on their-selves and brain with God been on their side...

look at how the Yoruba and Hausa are bragging, that it what presidency does to them, it gives them wrong sense of fulfilment and achievement while their problem such as high level of touting, pverty, omo nili mentality, almajirism and polio and illiteracy looms around

since north have presidency have they produced likes of chimamanda, chinua, elechi amadi and other global known literary giants ..the answer is big No, yoruba managed only Wole soyinka thats all.

You can see what dependence on politics and governance can do to some region. The same way dependence on oil never impacted on Niger delta, the best thing depend on yourself

KEEP SAYING WE ARE APC...LET ME KNOW IF APC Will buy you that car that you will drive, buy you that great perdume or put food on your tables....

Bunch of confused lots
Re: Why Igbos Voted Jonathan - The Hypocrisy by christopher123(m): 2:40pm On Apr 01, 2015

KEEP SAYING WE ARE APC...LET ME KNOW IF APC Will buy you that car that you will drive, buy you that great perfume or put food on your tables....

Bunch of confused lots

Timbuktou:
@DollyParton1. You said: still stand by what I wrote earlier, that an Hausa
presidential candidate and a Yoruba VP does not
appeal to an average Igbo person just like a
combination of Hausa and igbo would not appeal to an
average Yoruba person.

And I say you are ignorant of the reality in this country. Were Jonathan and Sambo yoruba when yoruba overwhelmingly voted for them in 2011? All you children that were born in 2012 should read, learn and observe from history. Stop this copy and paste. Nonsense that you so easily resort to. Yoruba vote for whoever they feel will represent their best interests. Cikenan.
Re: Why Igbos Voted Jonathan - The Hypocrisy by Nobody: 2:49pm On Apr 01, 2015
if you are a Biafran person, check out radio Biafra and identify with the hustle
Re: Why Igbos Voted Jonathan - The Hypocrisy by Nobody: 3:08pm On Apr 01, 2015
O ga eme fa vum n'anya!
Normality:

Biafra is not dead, from what is on ground, the tsunami about to hit this zoo called 'one Nigeria' will be deadly.

Army of Biafra, I am a volunteer, thousands of my school mates have volunteered.......... I volunteered to the Engineering section of the army.

Each passing day I beam with smiles, this forced marriage ends this year, I want to be no compatriot to terrorist.

Nigeria understands only violence and I better die fighting for freedom than be in a country where people hate my guts and have deep concealed hatred for me as an Igbo man.

Chukwu abiama let ur will be done.

before u quote and insult me, millions of young biafrans like me are waiting to start the struggle

MASSOB has tried, we are more serious.
please if u are a Biafra person and u don't want to end this zoo, u are a coward and u better stay put where you are.
Udo

1 Like

Re: Why Igbos Voted Jonathan - The Hypocrisy by unapologetic: 3:08pm On Apr 01, 2015
christopher123:
Nobody can intimidate an average igbo..the time they will have rest is when igbo have their biafra...i am just sick and tired of those south wasting bastards and their naught slave masters

You are a deluded psychotic lunatic for calling ur Masters a Bastard ..scallywag
Re: Why Igbos Voted Jonathan - The Hypocrisy by Nobody: 3:26pm On Apr 01, 2015
christopher123:

KEEP SAYING WE ARE APC...LET ME KNOW IF APC Will buy you that car that you will drive, buy you that great perfume or put food on your tables....

Bunch of confused lots

Lol.

You reek of prepubescence. Igbos have this, igbos have that. Are you five years old? We're talking about the polity you're talking out of point. Your sister brought tribalism in the mix, I didn't, I set her straight.

And now, you talk of APC getting me stuff, funny you. APC will build me a house, abi you know they sent me to school, and got me a job. So, what's a house that they can't build or a that they can't buy? Ode. You have no sense.
Re: Why Igbos Voted Jonathan - The Hypocrisy by Nobody: 3:27pm On Apr 01, 2015
Let the world see what the Igbos are going through in this scam called 'one Nigeria'. That animal wasn't born during the war but his useless ancestors passed the 'hate the Igbos' trait to him.
I posted it on my Facebook page and my aunt who lives in America saw it and wept! It brought back the memories of the war in which she lost her twin brother and she said, so the Igbos are still undergoing this kind of unwarranted hate? Even when they can't point out our offense.
No tribe would have survived that war like we did that's why I shake my head for those Igbos who keep ranting 'forget the past' like its so easy. If we didn't have industrious Igbo men who worked hard to re construct Igbo land without government help even when they promised to,we will still be living in shanties but today who are those living under brown roofs and mud houses.
They can only insult you and call you slave on line but can't face you in real life. Cowards! Even the Hausas that the yorubas are licking their ass call them chameleons! That's why I laugh when they scream everyone hates Igbos and love us....who cares?!

dustydee:

2 Likes

Re: Why Igbos Voted Jonathan - The Hypocrisy by christopher123(m): 3:31pm On Apr 01, 2015
Timbuktou:
Lol.

You reek of prepubescence. Igbos have this, igbos have that. Are you five years old? We're talking about the polity you're talking out of point. Your sister brought tribalism in the mix, I didn't, I set her straight.

And now, you talk of APC getting me stuff, funny you. APC will build me a house, abi you know they sent me to school, and got me a job. So, what's a house that they can't build or a that they can't buy? Ode. You have no sense.

that is what i am making you to understand...your infantile mentality is hampering your ability and capability to cmprehend...in caps

KEEP IT REAL, IGBO ARE IN THE ECONOMIC PROJECT TO HAVE THE WEST AFRICAN (INCLUDING) NIGERIA UNDER THEM, POLITICS IS THE LAST FRONTIER, i hope you now get it. it is a systematic approach. we have made that statement in lagos polls, now give us 5 - 10 yrs by then we have gotten it, we launch in politics or threaten secession.....

he who has the economy dictates the tone
Re: Why Igbos Voted Jonathan - The Hypocrisy by Nobody: 3:33pm On Apr 01, 2015
DollyParton1:

1. If that was the case, then APC should have had an almost clean sweep in the southwest.

2. Yes, Yorubas has a relative evolved voting choice,

3. but u can't deny that there is no trace of tribalism.

4. That was why Osinbajo was chosen as VP instead of Amechi as popularly expected.

5. Yoruba voting pattern is not totally rid of tribabsm, though it might not be as much as other regions, but it is there.

1. You lost me here.

2. Lol. Yorubas have a more advance voting pattern than the rest of the nation.

3. There will always be a hint of tribalism. There's always a reetard in the midst of sane people. In yorubaland, the reetard population is extremely minimal. wink

4. Osinbajo was chosen because he represents Tinubu. Cikenan. Amaechi is a newbie in the party and he has just proven himself as being worthy of a major office in APC and he will be handsomely rewarded for his efforts. Tinubu is not a baby like you, he is a seasoned politician and master strategist. Watch and learn. You're still drinking the milk of politics. You can't handle strong meat yet. grin

5. So, what are we talking here. We are more politically and Nigerially advance than the rest of the nation. Full stop.
Re: Why Igbos Voted Jonathan - The Hypocrisy by golddeejay(m): 3:40pm On Apr 01, 2015
sinizia:

Just like saying APC is corrupt but if a Yoruba rep is there, I can overlook it.
i will start by wat a poster earlier stated that the whole of nigeria is tribalistic. There s no doubt some yoruba voters based their decision on 'one of their own been the VP'...but the same the yorubas voted massively for Jonathan's pdp in the presidential election and voted for apc in other elections. But nw, most people voted for APC because of they think this admintration performed poorly overall...even at that the votes were still divided and nt so tilted.

The ibos (se) votes tilted massively in one way...maybe because of wat they perceived of the 'born to rule' mentality of others or they think Jonathan is closer n adopted him as 'one of their own'. But one thing is sure, the ibos voted massively for jonathan nt because of his performance but based on sentiment.

Pdp lost NC, SW n a some of its stronghold because of its performance and the division within the party itself.

I cant really blame the hausa/fulani for voting massively for GMB...with the bombing becomin everyday thing, chibok girl, the attitude of the president towards it all, even the 6 weeks operation on BH has a negative effect to wat it was desired...why now? Why after so many death?

I want to believe there is no winner or loser in this election as it shd be in a normal country. But if ibos want a shot at the presidency or wateva, they shd stop seeing the hausa and the yoruba as 'the enemy' and work
with them. Maybe the other major two tribes will start trusting the ibos but as it is, any time the talk of ibo president or vp comes up, wat comes to mind is succession.
Re: Why Igbos Voted Jonathan - The Hypocrisy by christopher123(m): 3:45pm On Apr 01, 2015
unapologetic:

You are a deluded psychotic lunatic for calling ur Masters a Bastard ..scallywag

owo mi da joor
Re: Why Igbos Voted Jonathan - The Hypocrisy by golddeejay(m): 4:00pm On Apr 01, 2015
christopher123:

typical...this is the issue wit the ibos getting emotional, thinking they r better than other tribes, nt ready to help anybody's cause and yet ever complaining of been marginalised. The truth is i dont see the biafran breaking away anytime soon, they shd stop been bitter and start scheming
Re: Why Igbos Voted Jonathan - The Hypocrisy by unapologetic: 4:12pm On Apr 01, 2015
christopher123:

owo mi da joor

Re: Why Igbos Voted Jonathan - The Hypocrisy by christopher123(m): 4:15pm On Apr 01, 2015
golddeejay:
typical...this is the issue wit the ibos getting emotional, thinking they r better than other tribes, nt ready to help anybody's cause and yet ever complaining of been marginalised. The truth is i dont see the biafran breaking away anytime soon, they shd stop been bitter and start scheming

people are scared of biafra and igbo leaving

igbo must be special breed that nobody wants them to leave...but dont worry one day, go we must!!!
Re: Why Igbos Voted Jonathan - The Hypocrisy by christopher123(m): 4:18pm On Apr 01, 2015
golddeejay:

you dont want us to leave yet they hate us so much like jews we are, this has been going viral online...we will laeve Nigeria

Re: Why Igbos Voted Jonathan - The Hypocrisy by docsholz(m): 4:19pm On Apr 01, 2015
christopher123:

people are scared of biafra and igbo leaving

igbo must be special breed that nobody wants them to leave...but dont worry one day, go we must!!!
sore loser calm down, stop polluting this section with your hypocrisy
Re: Why Igbos Voted Jonathan - The Hypocrisy by christopher123(m): 4:21pm On Apr 01, 2015
docsholz:

it is you that is hypocritical...cant you see the hatred of Igbos everywhere

mtchewwwwwwwwww

pretender
Re: Why Igbos Voted Jonathan - The Hypocrisy by christopher123(m): 4:21pm On Apr 01, 2015
docsholz:

sore loser..did i contest, funny idiot

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

$195M Contract: Reps Give Amaechi 72 Hours To Produce Documents / South-South APC Endorses Adams Oshiomhole For Position Of National Chairman / Buhari Didn’t Bribe Justice Ademola With N500k Over Certificate Saga– Presidency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.