Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,363 members, 7,812,038 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:56 AM

Why Igbos Voted Jonathan - The Hypocrisy - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Igbos Voted Jonathan - The Hypocrisy (16260 Views)

You Are Insane, Nigerians Voted Jonathan Out - Presidency Blasts Reno Omokiri / Boko Haram And Jonathan: The Truth Unfolds - Thisday / NIGERIANS VOTED JONATHAN BECAUSE OF THE NAME "GOODLUCK" - PASTOR SAM ADEYEMI (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Igbos Voted Jonathan - The Hypocrisy by docsholz(m): 4:24pm On Apr 01, 2015
christopher123:

sore loser..did i contest, funny idiot
stop crying more than the bereaved, fool
Re: Why Igbos Voted Jonathan - The Hypocrisy by christopher123(m): 4:27pm On Apr 01, 2015
Normality:

Biafra is not dead, from what is on ground, the tsunami about to hit this zoo called 'one Nigeria' will be deadly.

Army of Biafra, I am a volunteer, thousands of my school mates have volunteered.......... I volunteered to the Engineering section of the army.

Each passing day I beam with smiles, this forced marriage ends this year, I want to be no compatriot to terrorist.

Nigeria understands only violence and I better die fighting for freedom than be in a country where people hate my guts and have deep concealed hatred for me as an Igbo man.

Chukwu abiama let ur will be done.

before u quote and insult me, millions of young biafrans like me are waiting to start the struggle

MASSOB has tried, we are more serious.
please if u are a Biafra person and u don't want to end this zoo, u are a coward and u better stay put where you are.
Udo

some idiots posted this online saying that they should kill igbo..this is just yesterday. IGBOS BEWARE we have to beware

Re: Why Igbos Voted Jonathan - The Hypocrisy by christopher123(m): 4:29pm On Apr 01, 2015
docsholz:
stop crying more than the bereaved, fool

nobody is crying, all i am crying is i want my own space, is it hard to understand?
Re: Why Igbos Voted Jonathan - The Hypocrisy by Nobody: 5:55pm On Apr 01, 2015
christopher123:

some idiots posted this online saying that they should kill igbo..this is just yesterday. IGBOS BEWARE we have to beware

I will stab that fool first if I ever track him down like we are about to.

Watch out this space.

1 Like

Re: Why Igbos Voted Jonathan - The Hypocrisy by shortgun(m): 7:20pm On Apr 01, 2015
miqos02:
PDP controls most of the northern states remember?

and pls explain the unprecedented 75% voter turnout in rivers state
After u explain the near 80% voters turnout in Kano, Kaduna and Katsina........ also tell me why INEC did not take election materials to Southern Kaduna?

1 Like

Re: Why Igbos Voted Jonathan - The Hypocrisy by whitecat1: 8:17pm On Apr 01, 2015
Two-faced? You probably described yourself, Idiottt! Who is more tribalistic than a whining imbecilic piece of shittt like you!
sinizia:

Two-faced hypocrite. I'm not surprised you didn't type this baloney and nonsense to your brother that I quoted. Like a liar you are, you left his and attacked mine. Same thing I was trying to point out - tribalism!! Pathetic!!!
Re: Why Igbos Voted Jonathan - The Hypocrisy by kaboninc(m): 8:27pm On Apr 01, 2015
Afam4eva:
Once again i congratulate Buhari for emerging Nigeria's new president and also Jonathan for conceding. Both are African records.

Now, i've been seeing comments about Igbos flying all around from nairaland to social media sites and it's really pitiful that Nigerians can descend to such levels of hypocrisy. I for one have wondered why Igbos believe so much in Jonathan. it actually beats me. But i realized that's the beauty of democracy. You never just understand why people support the other candidate and you probably will never understand. They also don't understand why you're supporting your own candidate. it's a two way street. My major grouse is the fact that people are tainting the support of majority of Igbos for Jonathan as a tribal thing and i'm like WTF. How can it be tribal even when the person they're supporting is not even Igbo. It's hypocritical that Buhari swept the North just like he did in 2011 and nobody is accusing them of tribalism considering that Buhari is hausa/Fulani but you're accusing a tribe that supports someone who's not their tribesman for tribalism. You can accuse these people for anything but never tribalism. They reserve the unapologetic right to support who they deem fit and it's not anyone's business.

Congrats Buhari

You've been away from the happenings in Nigeria and that's why you make such comments as this.

I doubt you know the true meaning of tribalism.

If you had taken a good look at the numbers, you should have noticed a recurring trend. The entire North, including the North Central voted for Buhari. Save for Plateau, Nasawara and Taraba, for which GEJ won, you should observed that Buhari got not less than 40% of the entire vote. GEJ lost in Benue, Kogi and Kwara. That's a trend.

Core Northern states, Kano, Kastina, Bauch, Kaduna, Sokoto, Jigawa, Gombe and Zamfara delivered. Yet in these states, GEJ built almajiri schools and they were the greatest beneficiaries of the agricultural programs.

Yet Buhari got more than 40% in Edo and Imo states for which he lost. If Igbos were as 'tribalistic' as the Fulanis, then a state as Enugu or Anambra with over 1 million registered voters should record large turnout. instead, a little over 55% was recorded.

Analyse and analyse properly.

1 Like

Re: Why Igbos Voted Jonathan - The Hypocrisy by opcking: 6:18am On Apr 02, 2015
dazangel12:

I don't think so brother if anything the Igbo's protested by not giving Gej the large bulk of votes he gathered in 2011 there is no doubt they don't like buhari and have genuine reasons not to trust him. so they just protested against Jonathan by not voting at all.

you can agree with me that their turnout were low

contrasting ideal here, if they don't want buhari, it means they have to make sure by all means they voted heavily for gej, which was what they actually did...you are saying they went against gej? by not voting at all? if they dont want buhari, how are they going to vote him out? are you trying to wipe off d fact that d SE voted 4 gej alone? as shown in d result. they dont want buhari? yes clear from d vote.
stop trying to twist logic here, they voted based on sentimental line period
Re: Why Igbos Voted Jonathan - The Hypocrisy by mensdept: 6:21am On Apr 02, 2015
A "king with no crown" is not a king, but probably a pu.ssy

Speaking about that, That seems like a guy who probably had an Igbo girlfriend breakup with him weeks ago and who's doctor says he isn't fit to go to work. Hope he's not flying any plane soon.

JK..
Re: Why Igbos Voted Jonathan - The Hypocrisy by dazangel12: 8:35am On Apr 02, 2015
opcking:

contrasting ideal here, if they don't want buhari, it means they have to make sure by all means they voted heavily for gej, which was what they actually did...you are saying they went against gej? by not voting at all? if they dont want buhari, how are they going to vote him out? are you trying to wipe off d fact that d SE voted 4 gej alone? as shown in d result. they dont want buhari? yes clear from d vote.
stop trying to twist logic here, they voted based on sentimental line period

I don't agree with you sir. because so many Igbos said that jonathan did not do enough for them hence they refused yo give him a block vote but they also said over their dead body will they vote buhari mind you igbos have every right not to trust him. you can call it sentiment but remember that the same Igbo voted for yaradua. so if they refused to vote buhari you should cut them some slack
Re: Why Igbos Voted Jonathan - The Hypocrisy by christopher123(m): 8:45am On Apr 02, 2015
Normality:

I will stab that fool first if I ever track him down like we are about to.

Watch out this space.

this is to show you the level of hatred they have for igbo, OJUKWU WAS RIGHT AFTERALL OVER BIAFRA. their fathers hated our fgather now their children is hating us....

Nigeria is just .....
Re: Why Igbos Voted Jonathan - The Hypocrisy by christopher123(m): 8:51am On Apr 02, 2015
that is to show the inherent laziness in you, shebi they promised you two square meal a day so that you will sit your lazy butt at home doing virtually nothing

your in for a grumpy ride...how do your girlfriends cope with this your menatlity ?
Timbuktou:
Lol.

You reek of prepubescence. Igbos have this, igbos have that. Are you five years old? We're talking about the polity you're talking out of point. Your sister brought tribalism in the mix, I didn't, I set her straight.

And now, you talk of APC getting me stuff, funny you. APC will build me a house, abi you know they sent me to school, and got me a job. So, what's a house that they can't build or a that they can't buy? Ode. You have no sense.
Re: Why Igbos Voted Jonathan - The Hypocrisy by Nobody: 8:59am On Apr 02, 2015
christopher123:
that is to show the inherent laziness in you, shebi they promised you two square meal a day so that you will sit your lazy butt at home doing virtually nothing

your in for a grumpy ride...how do your girlfriends cope with this your menatlity ?
Ediot, I'm currently on my hustle. Lol. You're so stewpid, you don't understand sarcasm. Don't worry, I'll invite you to my housewarming sometime this year. Bush man.
Re: Why Igbos Voted Jonathan - The Hypocrisy by christopher123(m): 9:04am On Apr 02, 2015
Timbuktou:
Ediot, I'm currently on my hustle. Lol. You're so stewpid, you don't understand sarcasm. Don't worry, I'll invite you to my housewarming sometime this year. Bush man.
i will invite u to my airport warming

lol..abeg find another gist..braggard

1 Like

Re: Why Igbos Voted Jonathan - The Hypocrisy by Nobody: 9:33am On Apr 02, 2015
christopher123:

i will invite u to my airport warming

lol..abeg find another gist..braggard
I defend an allegation against me and I'm a braggard? Boy, swerve. You have straw for brains.
Re: Why Igbos Voted Jonathan - The Hypocrisy by christopher123(m): 9:36am On Apr 02, 2015
Timbuktou:

I defend an allegation against me and I'm a braggard? Boy, swerve. You have straw for brains.

you know what they say about empty vessels ....they are noisy so noisy

na only house warming why dont you invite us for sea port warming

monkey

1 Like

Re: Why Igbos Voted Jonathan - The Hypocrisy by Nobody: 12:46pm On Apr 02, 2015
It pains me when I see kids write without consulting history or at least analyse critically recent events. Why always igbos, why not leave us alone... is GEJ igbo?? Is sambo igbo?? so you think if igbos really wanted to rig the election in favour of GEJ, it's 330 thousand or 500 thousand they could dish out as voting number from states... you think if GEJ is desperate for power like some parts of north he couldnt have retained it with all the power at his disposal....recent article by Adeniyi stated that the power of a Nigeria president at the disposal of Gej can turn a woman into a man.

Please lets stop talking like kids and be objective...you guys will not thank God and enjoy this peace Gej has given nigeria but you would rather call for the head of igbos who voted for team they have no stake in or nigeria that has continually suppressed them. Just imagine what would have started happening in the north if gej had won...you and I know better who is more tribalistic. It took an ijaw man, minority, to sanitize the electoral process which other past leaders couldn't do...instead spreading peace and commendation, some are busy attacking peaceful igbos. Gej quietly calmed everyone down before, during and after the election, can that be said of Buhari in 2011.
Igbos has always been civilised and republic in nature, have you seen igbos killing anyone because of whom about 70% of igbos supported failed?? Can that be said of north?? Even in 1960s that north, as they have always done, were systematically kiling southeasterners in the north, did southeasterners kill northnerners in the south. Ojukwu even helped northnerners go back north, before Biafra was declared. Biafrans stayed in a region they felt safe, but nigeria still came after them...always troubling the easterners. But one thing people fail to realise is that an average igbo man and by extention southeasterners don't have much interest in national power, just give them enabling environment to do their business and they are fine.

Again, Is Rochas okorocha an northerner or is he from south west, is Amaechi or oshiomole from middle belt?? Is Ezekwesili an ijaw or hausa woman?? North that voted heavily for buhari or south west that voted for osibanjo and tinubu why are they not been tagged tribalist?? Roughly 30% of igbos were in support of buhari. People always have their convictions about a particular candidate...for igbos, majority supported Gej because igbos relatively faired better under him...I say relatively...in relation to northern rule and south west rule of obj. Even tho' Gej developments were concentrated in the north and south west.
Majority of igbos voted for Gej, minority went for Buhari, same pattern, in reverse, was obtainable in other regions. Why are other regions not tagged tribalist?? Majority of igbos that supported Gej, an ijaw man, a tribe that also hates igbos, just like Afam pointed out, has no apology to anyone. The same way you owe no one for supporting Buhari based on your convictions.

Just imagine what someone born of a woman is tweeting...and you say nigeria is one??

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2268094_image_jpeg9f360c5ab7736510df54c882e9dbf188

2 Likes

Re: Why Igbos Voted Jonathan - The Hypocrisy by miqos02(m): 8:22pm On Apr 02, 2015
DollyParton1:

If that was the case, then APC should have had an almost clean sweep in the southwest. Yes, Yorubas has a relative evolved voting choice, but u can't deny that there is no trace of tribalism. That was why Osinbajo was chosen as VP instead of Amechi as popularly expected. Yoruba voting pattern is not totally rid of tribabsm, though it might not be as much as other regions, but it is there.

pastor bakare was buhari's vice in 2011, they did not get 10% of votes from the s.west remember?
Re: Why Igbos Voted Jonathan - The Hypocrisy by ceejayluv(m): 10:58am On Apr 08, 2015
Onegai:
Quick question:

In 2011, the entire SW and North Central (Taraba and Plateau and co) overwhelmingly voted for GEJ. In 2015, the same regions gave their votes to Buhari.

So why are you people now calling them tribalistic?

And yeah, us SS people don't align ourselves with Igbo politics. Some of it is tribal but a lot of the animosity stems from the fact you guys are constantly claiming us "our brothers and our cousins" and there is a lot of dominancy to that claim. It makes us uncomfortable (an example of that is when Igbos meet me and expect me to speak Igbo, when I tell them I'm not, they brush it aside and tell me "you are as good as Igbo" as if my identity and culture don't matter. I don't care how similar you think we are, please respect that difference. I don't call everything above the Niger Hausa-Fulani, why should you call SS your kinsman without them welcoming it? ) An Urhobo man won a seat in Lagos, yet all I'm hearing is "Igbos are growing their clout in Lagos", because apparently his tribal identity is now Igbo (btw I'm from his constituency, he was winning Yoruba votes and not Igbo).

My mum queued up for hours to vote GEJ. If it had been an Igbo candidate, she would have realised her back would hurt from all that standing, there would probably be violence at the poll and used quite a lot of excuses to stay at home. Same thing with my relatives and a lot of SS voters.

You constantly lament about being victims of tribalism yet are tribalistic. GEJ got his largest number of votes from SS states and everyone there feels Igbos let him down by not turning out massively to support him. Because they (and i) kept hearing from so many Igbos "GEJ is our man" and no other reason backed it up save misplaced tribal sentiment. No Igbo state could give him up to 800, 000 votes yet here you all are, still arguing and beating your chests. grin

You've proved you cannot be relied on by any political party attempting to court you (even the SW you're insulting gave him more votes and if I'm a politician now, I will certainly brush up on my Hausa because those guys are loyal grin )

I'm not starting a war, just being truthful.
Summary: The almost 2 million votes (aggregate) gotten from the southeast are not appreciated. Noted.

PS: only the enugu votes were enough to clear the vote difference in the southwest.
Re: Why Igbos Voted Jonathan - The Hypocrisy by sphinx54: 11:58am On Apr 08, 2015
MrPresident1:
God bless GEJ, President of Nigeria.
Former President of Nigeria jor angry
Re: Why Igbos Voted Jonathan - The Hypocrisy by MrPresident1: 12:13pm On Apr 08, 2015
sphinx54:

Former President of Nigeria jor angry

Buhari hasn't been sworn in yet, has he? Until May 29, 2015, GEJ remains President and Commander in Chief. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Igbos Voted Jonathan - The Hypocrisy by Nobody: 2:29am On Jun 25, 2015
deeptechcool:
Keep deceiving yourself. Igbos still need to learn the rudiments of politics. Never put all your eggs in one basket.

Happy CHANGE day Nigerians.

How equations easily change.

I laugh at people who were quick to judge.
Re: Why Igbos Voted Jonathan - The Hypocrisy by Nobody: 2:31am On Jun 25, 2015
sinizia:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1991732_image_jpeg9f360c5ab7736510df54c882e9dbf188

Anyone accusing Ndi Igbo of tribalism has his remaining 4 fingers pointing back at him. Hausas don't vote outside their tribe/religion. The SW went with Tinubu and other SWestern Governors/leaders to vote Buhari. If Igbos can be accused of tribalism fo supporting GEJ/Sambo with nothing for Igbos, then there's no word to describe the hypocrisy of other tribes.
Re: Why Igbos Voted Jonathan - The Hypocrisy by Nobody: 2:33am On Jun 25, 2015
Hmm

centje:
It pains me when I see kids write without consulting history or at least analyse critically recent events. Why always igbos, why not leave us alone... is GEJ igbo?? Is sambo igbo?? so you think if igbos really wanted to rig the election in favour of GEJ, it's 330 thousand or 500 thousand they could dish out as voting number from states... you think if GEJ is desperate for power like some parts of north he couldnt have retained it with all the power at his disposal....recent article by Adeniyi stated that the power of a Nigeria president at the disposal of Gej can turn a woman into a man.

Please lets stop talking like kids and be objective...you guys will not thank God and enjoy this peace Gej has given nigeria but you would rather call for the head of igbos who voted for team they have no stake in or nigeria that has continually suppressed them. Just imagine what would have started happening in the north if gej had won...you and I know better who is more tribalistic. It took an ijaw man, minority, to sanitize the electoral process which other past leaders couldn't do...instead spreading peace and commendation, some are busy attacking peaceful igbos. Gej quietly calmed everyone down before, during and after the election, can that be said of Buhari in 2011.
Igbos has always been civilised and republic in nature, have you seen igbos killing anyone because of whom about 70% of igbos supported failed?? Can that be said of north?? Even in 1960s that north, as they have always done, were systematically kiling southeasterners in the north, did southeasterners kill northnerners in the south. Ojukwu even helped northnerners go back north, before Biafra was declared. Biafrans stayed in a region they felt safe, but nigeria still came after them...always troubling the easterners. But one thing people fail to realise is that an average igbo man and by extention southeasterners don't have much interest in national power, just give them enabling environment to do their business and they are fine.

Again, Is Rochas okorocha an northerner or is he from south west, is Amaechi or oshiomole from middle belt?? Is Ezekwesili an ijaw or hausa woman?? North that voted heavily for buhari or south west that voted for osibanjo and tinubu why are they not been tagged tribalist?? Roughly 30% of igbos were in support of buhari. People always have their convictions about a particular candidate...for igbos, majority supported Gej because igbos relatively faired better under him...I say relatively...in relation to northern rule and south west rule of obj. Even tho' Gej developments were concentrated in the north and south west.
Majority of igbos voted for Gej, minority went for Buhari, same pattern, in reverse, was obtainable in other regions. Why are other regions not tagged tribalist?? Majority of igbos that supported Gej, an ijaw man, a tribe that also hates igbos, just like Afam pointed out, has no apology to anyone. The same way you owe no one for supporting Buhari based on your convictions.

Just imagine what someone born of a woman is tweeting...and you say nigeria is one??

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2268094_image_jpeg9f360c5ab7736510df54c882e9dbf188

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

EFCC Re-arraigns Timipre Sylva For N2.45bn Fraud / Obiano Begins Re-Election Campaign: Live At Ekwueme Square - PICTURES / Tinubu Distances Self From 2023 Presidential Campaigners

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.