Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,814 members, 7,827,987 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:47 PM

Obasanjo Congratulates Buhari, Asks Him To Fight Corruption - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo Congratulates Buhari, Asks Him To Fight Corruption (56860 Views)

'Where Is Bayo Omoboriowo?' President Buhari Asks / "Buhari Asks BBC Not To Air Aisha Buhari's Explosive Interview On Saturday" - SR / President Jonathan Congratulates Buhari - Vanguardngr (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obasanjo Congratulates Buhari, Asks Him To Fight Corruption by poiZon: 11:45pm On Mar 31, 2015
Ahmed4002:
God bless the yoruba people.

The Yoruba's intellectual ability, these
people are highly intelligent and
academically sound, you cant deceive them,
not even showers of dollars. I want to use
this opportunity to thank the Yoruba's for
their massive support for the peoples'
general.

Right now getting my Power Bike set's ahead of tomorrow morning. just celebration every where here in Kano already.

Wishing my friends that just had an accident while celebrating quick recovery.
Broken legs and some damages

Thank you everyone.
One love
one Nigeria.

u shud be ashamed of u self for typing this shit. firstly dis election just confirmed thatt yorubas hv their PRICE TAG!
__U guys said jonathan neva did anythng for south west n doesnt deserve ur votes but he came in, campaigned, shared few dolls kpam una change from CHANGE TO changes.
ondo was 49 -51,
osun 40-60
ekiti 55-45
lagos 46-54
ogun 40-60
so pls tell me who was being bought?
i respect my igbo brothers cause from d word Go they had their stand n also d hausa they will neva let their man down even if theyy knw he isnt d right choice. check out their sucker punch in kano, katsina, 'kaduna(vp state), bauchi n d rest.

yorubas have a price get that into ur thick skull!

3 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Congratulates Buhari, Asks Him To Fight Corruption by NobleG1(m): 11:45pm On Mar 31, 2015
Obasanjo telling Buhari to fight corruption?
He knew Buhari will come after him. Obasanjo is one of the most corrupt people in Nigeria if not number 1.
Re: Obasanjo Congratulates Buhari, Asks Him To Fight Corruption by adoyi81: 11:45pm On Mar 31, 2015
januzaj:
Former President Olusegun Obasanjo has congratulated the Presidential candidate of the All progressives congress Maj. Gen. Muhammadu Buhari (retd,,) on his victory in the presidential poll, charging him to fight corruption and carry out reforms in different sectors.

The congratulatory message was made available to our correspondent at Abeokuta on Tuesday following Buhari victory in the March 28 presidential election.

Obasanjo, who noted that so much harm had already been done to many national institutions, including the military, however, advised him to be magnanimous in victory.

He said, “With so much harm already done to many national institutions including the military, which proudly nurtured you and me, you will have a lot to do on institution reform – education, healthcare, economy, security, infrastructure, power, youth employment, agri-business, oil and gas, external affairs, cohesiveness of our nation and ridding our land of corruption.

“Your varied and wide experience will undoubtedly stand you in good stead.”

The former president said the country “is blessed with men and women of goodwill, character and virtue across the board that you can mobilise to join hands with you in the reform, repairs and re-direction that will be imperative to put Nigeria back on the fast lane of good governance, unity, cohesiveness, development and progress.”

Obasanjo noted that Buhari’s victory, after three previous unsuccessful attempts, must be a great lesson to himself and for all politicians, particularly in Nigeria.

He said, “For me, the totality of 2015 elections hold many lessons for our democracy and democratisation process, which are both maturing.

“On this occasion, the system has been unnecessarily overheated before and particularly during the campaigns when emphasis was more on trivialities and hate, divisive, undignifying and disrespectful statements and comments rather than on pressing issues requiring attention.

“I know that in victory, you will be magnanimous to start binding the wounds and bitterness occasioned by the campaign and the evil disciples.”

. http://www.punchng.com/news/obasanjo-congratulates-buhari-asks-him-to-fight-corruption/
You Once told Nigerians that GEJ was gonna go the way of Lauren gbagbo Of CIV, I guess you felt disappointed
Re: Obasanjo Congratulates Buhari, Asks Him To Fight Corruption by Ouksynkay: 11:48pm On Mar 31, 2015
OBJ asking the president elect to fight corruption should first of all give back otta farm that was meant for OPERATION FEED THE NATION to Nigeria. I hate OBJ's sentimental speeches.
Re: Obasanjo Congratulates Buhari, Asks Him To Fight Corruption by babestella: 11:51pm On Mar 31, 2015
buchichukwu69:

So GEJ dey inside? Because people no gree am sack Jega abi?

I quite agree with the order. If GEJ had rigged to win this election, the whole fire bridge, UN conflict mediation team and Red Cross in the world will relocate to Nigeria in order to stop the war. Let's Thank God for lives and a nation that have been saved by this singular patriotic act of president GEJ.

5 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Congratulates Buhari, Asks Him To Fight Corruption by Nobody: 11:53pm On Mar 31, 2015
Jwonder:
APC and Buhari should remember all their promises! We don't want excuse ooh!!!!!

1: Stabilize world Oil Prize

2: Make 1$ equal One Naira

3: Eradicate Corruption

4: Eradicate Boko Haram¡!

We don't want to hear story after four years oh! Cause Jonathan was only given 4years too so better start looking for how to fulfill all your promises

DID YOUR REGION VOTED FOR HIM? SO YOU SHOULD not TALK LIKE You put him there with your vote
SS: TOO TRIBALISTIC IN THIS ELECTION
SE: ALSO TRIBALISTIC IN THEIR VOTING SECTION
NW: same
NE: same

NC: WAS OKAY
SW: WAS THE BEST, THEY WERE NOT MOVED BY TRIBAL SENTIMENT, EVEN EKITI WAS WON BY D OPPOSITION COMPARED TO OTHERS IN THAT REGION, OTHERS WERE CLOSED

SO YOU DID NOT VOTE HIM IN, STOP ACTING LIKE YOU CONTRIBUTED TO HIM EMERGING AS D WINNER
Re: Obasanjo Congratulates Buhari, Asks Him To Fight Corruption by juman(m): 11:53pm On Mar 31, 2015
Hisssss
Re: Obasanjo Congratulates Buhari, Asks Him To Fight Corruption by bobo9ice: 11:54pm On Mar 31, 2015
sukkot:
CRASE MAN IF HE FIGHT CORRUPTION YOUR NECK IS FIRST ON THE CHOPPING BLOCK. HOW DID YOU ACQUIRE THE BIGGEST FARM IN OGUN STATE ON A SOLDIERS SALARY ?
I doubt if u have a father and respect to the Elders.
Re: Obasanjo Congratulates Buhari, Asks Him To Fight Corruption by juman(m): 11:56pm On Mar 31, 2015
Happywoman:
Baba Agbaya speaking.
The father of election rigging himself. Shame on you the days of election "do or die " is overrrrrrr!
Just mind ur mouth going forward GMB won't take the crap GEJ took from ur gutter of a mouth.
If u try it with GMB heeeen , u wil understand what it means for a Fulani man to call some1 "Chado!"

Mtchewww

Abi.
Re: Obasanjo Congratulates Buhari, Asks Him To Fight Corruption by naturalmi: 11:59pm On Mar 31, 2015
bobo9ice:

I doubt if u have a father and respect to the Elders.
Its because of this your comment about fathers and respect to elders that makes Nigeria spoilt today. So because he is an old man means we can't talk to him. Is GEJ not up to most of you fathers or elders and you keep calling him names?

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Congratulates Buhari, Asks Him To Fight Corruption by Nobody: 12:01am On Apr 01, 2015
Jwonder:
APC and Buhari should remember all their promises! We don't want excuse ooh!!!!!

4: Eradicate Boko Haram

We don't want to hear story after four years oh! Cause Jonathan was only given 4years too so better start looking for how to fulfill all your promises

1 and 2 were never uttered by GMB. Never. By now u shouldn't be bringing up those fabricated statements which were falsely attributed to him. They are of no use. Campaigns are over.

3 and 4 were hammered on in d campaigns and we're waiting.....

We pray for peace and prosperity.
God bless Nigeria, God bless GMB, God bless GEJ, God bless Jega
Re: Obasanjo Congratulates Buhari, Asks Him To Fight Corruption by babestella: 12:01am On Apr 01, 2015
ZUBY77:
Coming from the baboon that wanted third term.
Congrats to GMB.

We will fire your ass online if you don't stabilize oil price or make Dollar equal with naira value.

#$1=N1
#zerobokoharam
#stabilizioilprice.
#N5,000monthly.
#feedourchildrenmonthly.
#24hrselectricity.

Their promise plenty, hope they are not looking at 8 years o?
We will start that once he is sworn in. No be to shout change for mouth.
Re: Obasanjo Congratulates Buhari, Asks Him To Fight Corruption by babestella: 12:02am On Apr 01, 2015
ChokolateBoss:

1 and 2 were never uttered by GMB. Never. By now u shouldn't be bringing up those fabricated statements which were falsely attributed to him. They are of no use. Campaigns are over.

3 and 4 were hammered on in d campaigns and we're waiting.....

We pray for peace and prosperity.
God bless Nigeria, God bless GMB, God bless GEJ, God bless Jega

Are you in Nigeria?

Please Buhari made those promises, don't make any excuse for him o.
Re: Obasanjo Congratulates Buhari, Asks Him To Fight Corruption by softheart4love(m): 12:03am On Apr 01, 2015
Baba Iyabo!!! Abeg put your house in order 1st. As corrupt as you are you brought Yaradua that was 85% gone bcs you wanted who will cover up all you looted from country treasury,

Pls note that if Buhari want to genuinely fight corruption, he will start from Tinubu/Amaechi all the past leader that still alive bcs like the saying that the judgment of God will start from his church. Stop hiding under APC bcs problem of decades can't be turn on GEJ alone. In your 8yrs Rail was not operational, PHCN was las than 2000mw and present 5500mw but no diesel bcs of your planning, power plants in the north/west meaning that close or over the cost of the power plants will be required to lay pipes from Niger delta to locations of this plants. All bcs of politics.
Re: Obasanjo Congratulates Buhari, Asks Him To Fight Corruption by Perceptor(m): 12:06am On Apr 01, 2015
sukkot:
CRASE MAN IF HE FIGHT CORRUPTION YOUR NECK IS FIRST ON THE CHOPPING BLOCK. HOW DID YOU ACQUIRE THE BIGGEST FARM IN OGUN STATE ON A SOLDIERS SALARY ?
He's been managing the farm before ur grandfather was born! Even if he had looted the money to make the farm, isnt the farm benefitting people by providing food?? You pple ought to av stopped thinking like half wits, it's so primitive.
Re: Obasanjo Congratulates Buhari, Asks Him To Fight Corruption by thefakestan: 12:16am On Apr 01, 2015
eleojo23:
Let's not leave the fight against corruption for only the president (even though APC supporters think he can do it alone)
The president can't be everywhere.

Eliminating corruption is an organic process. Let's embrace honesty and transparency in our individual lives and with time we will see corruption reduced to bear minimum.

Dont tell me that its the Presidents job to

Fight Corruption
Stabilize crude oil price
Make 1 N to 1 dollar
Pay 25 million Nigerians 5,000 naira a month= 1.5 trillion a year angry
Create millions of jobs
Reduce car importation fees (tokunbo) to 20%
Feed primary school children
Create a Graduate scheme for ex corps member
Do a New Second Naija bridge.

#the change is here.
Re: Obasanjo Congratulates Buhari, Asks Him To Fight Corruption by ibietela2(m): 12:18am On Apr 01, 2015
He should start with OBJ.....
Re: Obasanjo Congratulates Buhari, Asks Him To Fight Corruption by fistonati(m): 12:18am On Apr 01, 2015
I need to gv Obasanjo some Change so dt he cAn go to kiri kiri to detain himself (i wil come bAil him afta 4yeArs), Frying Pan calin Pot black
Re: Obasanjo Congratulates Buhari, Asks Him To Fight Corruption by Nobody: 12:19am On Apr 01, 2015
babestella:

Are you in Nigeria?

Please Buhari made those promises, don't make any excuse for him o.

Yea I'm in Nigeria. He didn't make them. I'm 100% sure u didn't watch any of the interview videos where he was reported to make the statements. If u had, then u won't be mentioning ur 1 and 2. I guess u just read d lies so many times on nairaland and it became true in ur head. I even offered 10k on nairaland here, to anyone who could quote GMB verbatim on d statements or show me where he said it in d videos. Not a single soul could do it.

Now d lesson is that we should be more transparent n objective in political analysis. That type of mindset is needed for progress.
Peace

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Obasanjo Congratulates Buhari, Asks Him To Fight Corruption by ibietela2(m): 12:19am On Apr 01, 2015
sukkot:

Only that one?
Re: Obasanjo Congratulates Buhari, Asks Him To Fight Corruption by olasoji1: 12:22am On Apr 01, 2015
Atiku congratulates Gen. Buhari on his victory

Read what he told him===>> http://www.abisoj.com/2015/04/atiku-congratulates-gen-buhari-on-his.html

Re: Obasanjo Congratulates Buhari, Asks Him To Fight Corruption by ibietela2(m): 12:28am On Apr 01, 2015
Chosen1984:

True Talk but pls don't releate to an elder as CRASE ! Dts an insult to a past leader and Elder statesman of our rejuvenating Nigeria.
NIGERIA WINS
GOD BLESS NIGERIA

Really? But you are when Gej is abused?
Re: Obasanjo Congratulates Buhari, Asks Him To Fight Corruption by meccuno: 12:35am On Apr 01, 2015
agjg:

DID YOUR REGION VOTED FOR HIM? SO YOU SHOULD not TALK LIKE You put him there with your vote

SW: WAS THE BEST, THEY WERE NOT MOVED BY TRIBAL SENTIMENT, EVEN EKITI WAS WON BY D OPPOSITION COMPARED TO OTHERS IN THAT REGION, OTHERS WERE CLOSED

SO YOU DID NOT VOTE HIM IN, STOP ACTING LIKE YOU CONTRIBUTED TO HIM EMERGING AS D WINNER
so he is now the president of the North and SW? Others should go to hell?? Mr Man....he was elected for Nigerians not for the SW or North......please reason like an adult
Re: Obasanjo Congratulates Buhari, Asks Him To Fight Corruption by Nobody: 12:35am On Apr 01, 2015
oh my God!!!Obj again?!!wtf!!

corruption continues!
Re: Obasanjo Congratulates Buhari, Asks Him To Fight Corruption by Jwonder(m): 1:00am On Apr 01, 2015
agjg:

[s]DID YOUR REGION VOTED FOR HIM? SO YOU SHOULD not TALK LIKE You put him there with your vote

SO YOU DID NOT VOTE HIM IN, STOP ACTING LIKE YOU CONTRIBUTED TO HIM EMERGING AS D WINNER[/s]

Trash! Weda he like it or not, he is d president of d whole Nigeria and must fulfill his promises or get kicked out like Jega!
Re: Obasanjo Congratulates Buhari, Asks Him To Fight Corruption by iykedare(m): 1:16am On Apr 01, 2015
sukkot:

Obj is such a silly creature. If GMB has to fight corruption then his cronies tinubu and amaechi has to face the music too.
Re: Obasanjo Congratulates Buhari, Asks Him To Fight Corruption by iykedare(m): 1:18am On Apr 01, 2015
agjg:

Mumu
Re: Obasanjo Congratulates Buhari, Asks Him To Fight Corruption by iykedare(m): 1:18am On Apr 01, 2015
Jwonder:

4: Eradicate Boko Haram

Re: Obasanjo Congratulates Buhari, Asks Him To Fight Corruption by Nobody: 1:21am On Apr 01, 2015
Jwonder:

Trash! Weda he like it or not, he is d president of d whole Nigeria and must fulfill his promises or get kicked out like Jega!

Sure, he is d president of nigeria now, and shld rule everyone equally and also implement d things said but am trying to highlight something important/ let u know that tho he said he ll implement somethings still, u were too tribalistic in voting, u did not vote based on d competence of d person but based on ethnicity, and this cant take this great nation forward.. #peace
Re: Obasanjo Congratulates Buhari, Asks Him To Fight Corruption by Nobody: 1:30am On Apr 01, 2015
iykedare:

Mumu

Greatest fool
Re: Obasanjo Congratulates Buhari, Asks Him To Fight Corruption by ckc(m): 1:59am On Apr 01, 2015
goofyone:

As much as we believe Buhari will change the polity a lot, we also need to be realistic with our demands. Number 1 & 2 are impossible to achieve.
So may I know why he said he will do them?
Re: Obasanjo Congratulates Buhari, Asks Him To Fight Corruption by ckc(m): 2:03am On Apr 01, 2015
meccuno:
so he is now the president of the North and SW? Others should go to hell?? Mr Man....he was elected for Nigerians not for the SW or North......please reason like an adult
Leave the ediot

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Osinbajo Takes Shettima A Tour Of VP Presidential Wing / Obasanjo & IBB Rock Customized Caps,campaign For Youths To Win 2019 President(pi / Youths Burn Aregbesola's 'Coffin' & Pictures In Lagos (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.