Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,808 members, 7,810,105 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:51 PM

Zimbabweans Wish Mugabe Will Learn From Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Zimbabweans Wish Mugabe Will Learn From Nigeria (42475 Views)

We Failed To Learn From Biafran War — Ekweremadu / President Mugabe Will Die On October 17 2017 Says Popular Zimbabwean Prophet / Robert Mugabe Will Not Contest In The 2018 Elections Due To Health Issues (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Zimbabweans Wish Mugabe Will Learn From Nigeria by Nobody: 9:49pm On Apr 01, 2015
Johannesburg - Zimbabweans on Wednesday reacted enviously on social media to news that Nigeria's former president Goodluck Jonathan had conceded defeat in the country's landslide elections.

Some Zimbabweans made reference to their own president Robert Mugabe, now 91, who lost the first round of presidential elections in March 2008. Results were delayed for five weeks.

When it was finally confirmed that opposition Movement for Democratic Change leader Morgan Tsvangirai had won more votes than Mugabe, supporters of the president, backed by the military, embarked on a campaign of retribution.

At least 200 MDC supporters were killed.

Former education minister David Coltart tweeted:

So Nigeria has seen a peaceful transfer of power - why is#Zimbabwestill in the dark ages? #2008— David Coltart (@DavidColtart)
User @lykmoor said:"We thank Nigerians for voting peacefully. I wish if Zimbabwe could learn from Nigeria, from a collapsed state to Africa'as powerhouse.

According to the official 2008 tally, Tsvangirai's first round lead over Mugabe was not enough for him to be declared an outright winner. There were strong suspicions however that the figures had been manipulated to deny the MDC leader outright victory. Tsvangirai pulled out of a second round of voting, citing violence against his supporters. Mugabe was eventually pushed by the regional SADC grouping into a power-sharing government that lasted four years.

In contrast, Nigeria's Jonathan on Tuesday swiftly conceded defeat to Muhammadu Buhari, a former military ruler. Buhari promised Nigerians that "change has come".

"Well done Nigeria. Well done Goodluck. Zimbabwe do take note," tweeted user @LiyaJemima.

"If the Nigerian election had been in Zimbabwe the results would have taken five weeks or more to announce," said @gidi_gabriel.

The state-owned Herald newspaper, which is the voice of the Mugabe government, carried an agency story on Jonathan's defeat without comment.

Tsvangirai decided to contest presidential elections in July 2013, even though many electoral reforms he had called for had not been implemented and his party did not have access to the electoral roll. The MDC leader lost to Mugabe, who has been in power in Zimbabwe since independence in 1980.

User @tinsmush said:

"Morgan Tsvangirai is trying to find a way to compete in the next Nigeria election," joked @Cde_Huruva.
http://m.news24.com/news24/Africa/Zimbabwe/Zimbabweans-We-wish-Mugabe-could-learn-from-Nigeria-20150401

3 Likes

Re: Zimbabweans Wish Mugabe Will Learn From Nigeria by vizboy(m): 9:52pm On Apr 01, 2015
GEJ just made Us proud.

Really Proud to be a Nigerian right now

More Respect

438 Likes 47 Shares

Re: Zimbabweans Wish Mugabe Will Learn From Nigeria by politricks: 9:56pm On Apr 01, 2015
GEJ you kept your words. At least i will remember you for this.

256 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Zimbabweans Wish Mugabe Will Learn From Nigeria by ammyluv2002(f): 9:59pm On Apr 01, 2015
vizboy:
GEJ just made Us proud.

Really Proud to be a Nigerian right now

More Respect
I respect him so much. ....he really tired just hope he won't listen to any bad advise and infer in the court case involving Buhari

88 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Zimbabweans Wish Mugabe Will Learn From Nigeria by vizboy(m): 10:01pm On Apr 01, 2015
ammyluv2002:
I respect him so much. ....he really tired just hope he won't listen to any bad advise and infer in the court case involving Buhari

he made a promise and I don't think he would be going back on that

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Zimbabweans Wish Mugabe Will Learn From Nigeria by emmysoftyou: 10:04pm On Apr 01, 2015
all eyes on nigeria now,
pls buhari,dnt 4get ur words of promises.

light,
creation of many jobs,
1naira to a dollar,
and restoration of wealthy economy.
we re watching and waiting.

126 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Zimbabweans Wish Mugabe Will Learn From Nigeria by Nobody: 10:07pm On Apr 01, 2015
Why hasnt ICC tried or carried Mugabe... is he God?

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Zimbabweans Wish Mugabe Will Learn From Nigeria by chymystique(f): 10:08pm On Apr 01, 2015
emmysoftyou:
all eyes on nigeria now,
pls buhari,dnt 4get ur words of promises.
light,
creation of many jobs,
1naira to a dollar,
and restoration of wealthy economy.
we re watching and waiting.

I ccant wait for may 29th so he can start fulfilling these promises esp the one he made in my state which is not possible.
*I am just smiling and observing*

Btw, GEJ is a hero and a true democrat and am humbled and I love him for this singular act unlike GMB in 2011.

I think Zimbabweans should revolt,this might be their only way to freedom

92 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Zimbabweans Wish Mugabe Will Learn From Nigeria by oduastates: 10:12pm On Apr 01, 2015
Well done to Jonathan.
He is going out a Nigerian hero. He has set a marker for future sit tight rulers.
Unfortunately for Jonathan, he started doing his job 5 weeks to the election.
If he had been as proactive as he was in the last few weeks, he would probably have won.
The elections were the best ever (apart from the SE/SS).
Hopefully the flaws in the collating process will be fixed in time for the next presidential elections.

41 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Zimbabweans Wish Mugabe Will Learn From Nigeria by SLIDEwaxie(m): 10:41pm On Apr 01, 2015
Jona wey don try left and right, wey don see say no other way dey, he come face who dey pursue am come say, kukuma kill me...na im u all dey decieve yourself say he conceded? The guy surrendered. In Yorubaland, they will say, IPA PIN... it means, all struggle don end.

So, wetin u want make him do? Make he continue fighting?

Dem say a powerful man dey play with u, u say u like the play...if you knw Like the play nko? U wan fight the man?

Na wetin do jona be dt...forget conceded and use surrendered!

54 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Zimbabweans Wish Mugabe Will Learn From Nigeria by kadas01(m): 10:42pm On Apr 01, 2015
Nigeria would bounce back to be a very great Nation!

We are suppose to take the lead in Africa and across the World!

We are the most "unique" people on this Planet!

I'm very proud to be a Nigerian!

God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria!!

35 Likes

Re: Zimbabweans Wish Mugabe Will Learn From Nigeria by Nobody: 10:42pm On Apr 01, 2015
Lalasticlala fp
Re: Zimbabweans Wish Mugabe Will Learn From Nigeria by jmoore(m): 10:54pm On Apr 01, 2015
Too old to learn.

He's gonna be president of Zimbabwe till he's 100 years old. grin

Conceding and call for calm by President Jonathan is worth emulating by political candidates. This humble act by him prevented any post-election violence by his supporters.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zimbabweans Wish Mugabe Will Learn From Nigeria by adorablepepple(f): 10:56pm On Apr 01, 2015
cryit's a pity he can't learn, his too old to learn

1 Like

Re: Zimbabweans Wish Mugabe Will Learn From Nigeria by Texcoco(m): 10:56pm On Apr 01, 2015
Haahaahaa....Jonathan don pour sand sand inside african dictactors garri, we are looking at the cusp of an african version of Arab Spring. From Benin,Gabon,Cameroon,Uganda down to Zimbabwe most african folks will desire our version of democracy even South africa. Jonathan just brought value to the Nigerian passport.…We hereby name the coming sweeping African revolution "Jonathan spring"

128 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Zimbabweans Wish Mugabe Will Learn From Nigeria by Rick9(m): 10:56pm On Apr 01, 2015
. wow am still among the FTC today this is so goo Sai buhari/Osibanjo.
Re: Zimbabweans Wish Mugabe Will Learn From Nigeria by saduman(m): 10:56pm On Apr 01, 2015
Nigeria going places...
The giant of Africa has awoken!

10 Likes

Re: Zimbabweans Wish Mugabe Will Learn From Nigeria by mmsen: 10:56pm On Apr 01, 2015
When was Nigeria a 'collapsed' state?

Some people are incredibly stupid.

22 Likes

Re: Zimbabweans Wish Mugabe Will Learn From Nigeria by Tayo114: 10:56pm On Apr 01, 2015
SAI JONA

14 Likes

Re: Zimbabweans Wish Mugabe Will Learn From Nigeria by Nobody: 10:57pm On Apr 01, 2015
They should rather come and learn how to unseat and incumbent president from Tinubu. grin

4 Likes

Re: Zimbabweans Wish Mugabe Will Learn From Nigeria by Koroaso: 10:57pm On Apr 01, 2015
They all stole..
.but only one person ever handed over willing to his opponent

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Zimbabweans Wish Mugabe Will Learn From Nigeria by Zaikon(m): 10:57pm On Apr 01, 2015
Better late than never
Re: Zimbabweans Wish Mugabe Will Learn From Nigeria by jamex93(m): 10:58pm On Apr 01, 2015
E no easy o

even jona just have to lockup act like man accept ni o

seriously e no easy

4 Likes

Re: Zimbabweans Wish Mugabe Will Learn From Nigeria by Nobody: 10:58pm On Apr 01, 2015
BUHARI BREAKING RECORD SINCE 30BC
I RESPECT YHU SIRE

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zimbabweans Wish Mugabe Will Learn From Nigeria by tiamiyukunle69(m): 10:58pm On Apr 01, 2015
We are now the talk of town wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Zimbabweans Wish Mugabe Will Learn From Nigeria by umarc19: 10:59pm On Apr 01, 2015
That's my ex-presido, laying example to other leaders since 1881BB (Before Buhari)

grin grin

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zimbabweans Wish Mugabe Will Learn From Nigeria by sakaguchi(m): 11:00pm On Apr 01, 2015
Boko Haram have been watching the elections. Now that the result is out. They will die a natural death.
Just like that.

Buhari, I wish you long life, so that we can assess you after for years because I fear what will happen again should you be indisposed and Osinbajo takes over. God help my country.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zimbabweans Wish Mugabe Will Learn From Nigeria by LordCenturion(m): 11:00pm On Apr 01, 2015
Am proud of my former president, it's was just that he was surrounded by Bush meats, they are trying to paint his soul to black..... I wish if he can just divorce mama peace and marry one of our young GRADUATE . GEJ has a beautiful soul...... LONG LIFE GEJ..

SAI BUHARI,
SAI BABA
LONG LIFE BUHARI
LONG LIFE NIGERIA

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Zimbabweans Wish Mugabe Will Learn From Nigeria by gatiano(m): 11:00pm On Apr 01, 2015
wetin dey do whiteman, while mumu black people come follow am? if Jonathan had a smooth run, he would have had a new 4 years, and after four years, we see it as great, fuuuucck everything, we would have given him 10 years straight from the next 4 years. If Buhari surprises us, that will be another Mugabi and nothing will happen. Mugabi, abeg dey enjoy yourself sir.

3 Likes

Re: Zimbabweans Wish Mugabe Will Learn From Nigeria by Nobody: 11:00pm On Apr 01, 2015
GEJ is a good man after all. Thanks for making us proud.
Like someone said, he is a good man who is unlucky to have a bad wife (and people around him).

17 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

11 Best Quotes From Buhari's Address To His New Ministers / Ask Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour (GRV) Any Question About His Lagos Governorship Bid / Fact Check: Did Kashim Shettima Have Breakfast With Armed Bandits In Borno?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.