Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,039 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:24 AM

Zimbabweans Wish Mugabe Will Learn From Nigeria - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Zimbabweans Wish Mugabe Will Learn From Nigeria (42498 Views)

We Failed To Learn From Biafran War — Ekweremadu / President Mugabe Will Die On October 17 2017 Says Popular Zimbabwean Prophet / Robert Mugabe Will Not Contest In The 2018 Elections Due To Health Issues (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Zimbabweans Wish Mugabe Will Learn From Nigeria by BecaciaBarbie(f): 12:52pm On Apr 02, 2015
sambos994:

Think about it. An African leader conceding defeat and resigning peacefully. Doesn't happen very often.
Yes, conceeding defeat because he got voted out? What else was he supposed to do? Create unnecessary crisis? Or file a law suit or something? See the truth is, even if the whole presidential election took place again, his chances of winning will get even slimmer than the previous, and I believe the former president is a sensible and sensitive man, he wouldn't wanna put himself into unnecessary embarrassment and failure once again.
Re: Zimbabweans Wish Mugabe Will Learn From Nigeria by NCOIM(m): 12:59pm On Apr 02, 2015
Texcoco:
Haahaahaa....Jonathan don pour sand sand inside african dictactors garri, we are looking at the cusp of an african version of Arab Spring. From Benin,Gabon,Cameroon,Uganda down to Zimbabwe most african folks will desire our version of democracy even South africa. Jonathan just brought value to the Nigerian passport.…We hereby name the coming sweeping African revolution "Jonathan spring"
#JonathanSpring
Re: Zimbabweans Wish Mugabe Will Learn From Nigeria by Eluwilussit(m): 2:44pm On Apr 02, 2015
Sheggy13:

If you're joining PDP because of Jonathan's actions,then that's quite funny. Is it not the same PDP that used the likes of disruptive Orubebe as an agent and big-mouthed FFK raising false alarms on elections results just to heat up the polity? Learn to see individuals differently from their parties. GEJ has written his name in the golden book of Nigerian history even tho I was never his fan leading up to the elections. Do you think all those PDP bigwigs were happy that he conceded defeat graciously after they had helped him cook up magical election figures in the keiy Niger Delta states? They just had no choice because acting contrary would see them as crying more than the bereaved.Bottom line is none of these two parties are made up of saints. It's your choice to make tho. Good luck.

Is this my sheggy from PHC? Bro, APC and Jega simply outrigged pdp. We all saw kids voting in the north. Like Shettima said, APC men in SS and SE, stopped pdp from cooking up ridiculous figures.

But unfortunately, the pdp in the north couldn't even campaign for GEJ, not to talk of stopping APC from over rigging. Think about that.

The Southern pdp could have used the outright rigging in the north as an excuse to start trouble. Pdp as a whole impressed me. It's unfair to use the action of Orubebe to judge the entire party but single out GEJ for praise, leaving out the party. That's the height of hypocrisy. Elder Orubebe acted out of frustration and emotion. He probably lost his cool due to the perceived injustice. He has since apologized.

If we remember, when the election was shifted, GMB lost his cool and even walked away from an interviewer. So going by the make up of APC and the past antics, one won't be too far from the truth if one assumes that Buhari, APC and supporters, wouldn't have been as gracious and magnanimous in defeat as Jonathan, pdp and supporters have been. That's the hallmark of true democracy. As a democrat, I admire their position and respect them even more now. Please, don't take that away from them. Be fair.

Whereas in the past, I assumed PDP=APC but now I know that they are not the same. It is now up to APC to convince Nigerians that they are better in every way. I give APC credit, for turning our politics into a real contest for the heart of the people. I hope all these mushroom parties will align themselves with either of the two. It will be fun to see APC and PDP trying to outperform each other to impress Nigerians. A development that will bode well for the people.

Sheggy, you simply can't single out Jonathan for praise and leave out his party and supporters. The election was not just about Jonathan. It was much more than that. Without trying to whip up any religious or ethnic sentiment, I think we would be lying to ourselves if we go about believing that religion and ethnicity, did not play a role in this election.

Bottom line is that Buhari is the new president. Nigerians have spoken. Whether we are right or wrong isn't important at the moment. Four years from now, we will know. Till then, we all have to come together, forgetting religion, region, tribe and party, and support the new administration and make it work. When it does, it is for all Nigerians and not for APC, a tribe, a religion or a particular region. For all!

God bless GEJ
God bless GMB
God bless Nigeria.
Re: Zimbabweans Wish Mugabe Will Learn From Nigeria by meetlekan(m): 2:52pm On Apr 02, 2015
But serious to think about it *Boko Haram* did not operate in election period that's some thing special as ever happen or is a plan work.... ****Anyway GEJ you are good leader and strong man because its not easy to give up just like that but we all respect you sir and you show a good example to other africa nation,you really make us proud sir......****GMB As for our new president you welcome on board, Congratulation once again,all Nigeria are counting and watching your step as your promise please don't fail us or let us down and make Nigeria proud again, lead us to Green Land of glory as old years of your time so that many of citizens can back Home. Because no place like home. GMB wish you Long life to lead us well and all fellow Nigeria long life to witness the Green land as it will shine .May God help us all.
Re: Zimbabweans Wish Mugabe Will Learn From Nigeria by optimusprimer(m): 3:06pm On Apr 02, 2015
Nashoji:
the same way you guys prayed and supported GEJ without hateful speeches, character assassination and name calling abi? you now want every body to be patient and wish this incoming administration works out well but you never did same to the outgoing government instead you started witch-hunting him right from the first day he took over office. now is your own turn to defend, test it and see how sweet it is, mind you, you will need enough energy to do so. this is just the beginning.

wee you keep kwayet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
no one witch hunted gej... Nigerians voted and he lost. its so simple!
Get a life tongue grin cool
Re: Zimbabweans Wish Mugabe Will Learn From Nigeria by Temysteve(m): 6:17pm On Apr 02, 2015
I'll respect jonathan more nd more if he will present @ the swearing in of President buhari....
Re: Zimbabweans Wish Mugabe Will Learn From Nigeria by Dhotseal(m): 8:39pm On Apr 02, 2015
Dude, did you just describe your sitting president as "former president?" You must be high on kilishi!
Re: Zimbabweans Wish Mugabe Will Learn From Nigeria by Nobody: 9:49pm On Apr 02, 2015
Truckpusher:
Amend and repeal it and watch yourselves become a laughing stock.

You think Jonathan left because he can't sustain any form of violence and economic sabotage that would plunge your freeloading oshofree states into chaos with the Nigerian economy on a life support ?

Wake up my friend ,this is a new dawn......Tell your freeloading peeps to do the right thing.

How much does it cost to run a state on equity,justice ,equality and fairness?

You're educated and I believe you understood me well,so stop dreaming like an average teenage girl.

Have you seen the votes from SW states? How many states in Nigeria had the same votes like the SW states?
Re: Zimbabweans Wish Mugabe Will Learn From Nigeria by Nobody: 10:03pm On Apr 02, 2015
Truckpusher:
Amend and repeal it and watch yourselves become a laughing stock.

You think Jonathan left because he can't sustain any form of violence and economic sabotage that would plunge your freeloading oshofree states into chaos with the Nigerian economy on a life support ?

Wake up my friend ,this is a new dawn......Tell your freeloading peeps to do the right thing.

How much does it cost to run a state on equity,justice ,equality and fairness?

You're educated and I believe you understood me well,so stop dreaming like an average teenage girl.

Jonathan is clueless and incompetent, PERIOD!

This election made it more apparent that the SE, SS and the North are Nigeria's problem. The three regions cannot be trusted to act and think rationally because every action and thought is clouded by sentiments. SW will not be dragged into their childish game, if Buhari fails to perform as expected we will not hesitate to ditch him come 2019.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Zimbabweans Wish Mugabe Will Learn From Nigeria by abat4real37(f): 10:10pm On Apr 02, 2015
GMB must deliver
Re: Zimbabweans Wish Mugabe Will Learn From Nigeria by Nobody: 10:43am On Apr 03, 2015
SLIDEwaxie:
Jona wey don try left and right, wey don see say no other way dey, he come face who dey pursue am come say, kukuma kill me...na im u all dey decieve yourself say he conceded? The guy surrendered. In Yorubaland, they will say, IPA PIN... it means, all struggle don end.

So, wetin u want make him do? Make he continue fighting?

Dem say a powerful man dey play with u, u say u like the play...if you knw Like the play nko? U wan fight the man?

Na wetin do jona be dt...forget conceded and use surrendered!
we understand you are a Yoruba man. too much mouth, empty skull.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Dino Melaye Laughing At Governor Yahaya Bello (Photo) / Moment INEC Officially Declared Tinubu President-Elect (Video) / Keyamo Dons Legal Robe, Appears At Tribunal In Tinubu’s Defence (Video, Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.