Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,046 members, 7,828,683 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:51 PM

A Thread For Only South East And South Southerners. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Thread For Only South East And South Southerners. (4507 Views)

Why Does The Igbos Like Aligning Themselves With The South Southerners...? / We South-southerners Are Not In For Any F**cking BIAFRA / Igbos, South Southerners, Nigerians, Say No To Nuclear Power Station In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread For Only South East And South Southerners. by Nobody: 2:26am On Apr 02, 2015
Marvin67:
Today I speak as a true Niger deltan. As a Niger deltan with 50% South south blood and, 50% South east blood.
When the South southerners and South easterners went to the polls on Saturday, they showcased one thing; Loyalty. We showed the world that we don't sell out or betray our own. We stick to our man, and if he sinks we sink with him. Some say we're not wise politically, but I say we show brotherhood and loyalty no matter the consequences. The implication of our decision on saturday means we wouldn't hold any of the top six positions in Nigeria in the next administration, but we don't care. We fight with our man, and if he goes down, we go down with him. To me, that is the definition of Loyalty. We don't betray our own, if he's in the ring, we fight with him with all we have. All hail the South South. All hail the south east. All hail everyone who never betrays his own.

We goofed massively. It was foolishness, anything worth doing, Is worth doing well.

How can we have 30%, 42% voters? It's a shame.

We claim the north aren't as populous as the Nigerian Census make it seem, but when it comes to fighting for our identity, we goof, like unguided children.

For your information, this election is beyond Jonathan vs Buhari, or SE vs Buhari. It will forever be remembered as one where a single northern state dwarfed the whole SE.

We did not just loose the battle, we lost the War. The status quo continues! !

All I know is we've moved further in this democratization process.

3 Likes

Re: A Thread For Only South East And South Southerners. by abduljabbar4(m): 2:30am On Apr 02, 2015
owobokiri:
Very happy that we stuck with this ijaw man to the end. That's how we roll in the east. Those who have been back stabbing their way to power are not better than us economicaly. . Moving forward; if Nigeria doesnt rewrite the census that gave us low figures through which Jega and co gerrymandered their way to victory, we are screwed. . We can't mount a reasonable political fight with the fake meager numbers "alotted" to us. . I see blood ahead and we should get ready to fight. Either a loose federation or we want out. Maybe it is now time to fight Nigeria. She has always brought evil to our doorstep. Maybe it is time we do same to her.
Good luck with your fight against a whole country

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Only South East And South Southerners. by cheruv: 2:33am On Apr 02, 2015
phrancys001:
Good radiance to bad rubbish,better start seeing Nigeria as one and drop this your regional mentality that will sink you all,[s]as if 99% of Nigerians didn't vote jonah in 2011[/s] ? He's the one that squandered his Goodwill.
o gi wu 99% grin
if it was 99%,why was there postelection violence?
Re: A Thread For Only South East And South Southerners. by Nobody: 2:39am On Apr 02, 2015
I will support the idea of dropping the cliche "SS n SE" and go for just East. Good one op
Re: A Thread For Only South East And South Southerners. by kettykin: 2:58am On Apr 02, 2015
Mynd44:
*yawns*

Please create a yawns thread and stop defacing other people's thread

2 Likes

Re: A Thread For Only South East And South Southerners. by kettykin: 3:05am On Apr 02, 2015
raumdeuter:

Where was this southern solidarity when you supported Northerners over Awolowo in 1960 and 1979.

Where was this solidarity when you supported Tofa over Abiola in 1993

In the 60s Awolowo only wanted the post of vice president and minister of finance which he eventually got when he joined Gowons government after being released from serving a life sentence given to him from the North, 80s Awolowo and Zik contested and igbos voted for Zik
Re: A Thread For Only South East And South Southerners. by huptin(m): 3:34am On Apr 02, 2015
You know one reason a Yoruba man will not flinch over all these threats? He knows you cant do him a thing. He controls your industrial and commercial base anf your major port. He sees people from your region everyday in his region hustling hard to survive and he knows instinctively that you can do anything but grumble and issue empty threats.

May be if you go beyond chest beating and develop your regions to make it more viable.....just may be you will be considered relevant

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Thread For Only South East And South Southerners. by Austin4lif: 4:03am On Apr 02, 2015
podosci:
GEJ promised the North the Presidency in 2019 upon that they kicked him out
GEJ promised the west implementation of the confab report and kept dashing out dollars to the westerners to solicit support upon that they kicked him out
What did he do or promise he EAST? nothing, the only noticeable campaign stunt he did was to commission a common drawing of the 2nd Niger bridge
Senator Ngige would have been the next senate President and number3 in the country but the east didn't vote him back into the senate
Northerners voted GMB because of love, Westerners because of GEJ failure but Easterners did not vote GEJ because of love but rather because of hatred for northerners

Buhari has said he his going to serv those who voted for him , against him and those who didn't vote at all.
When Nigeria start Developing and there is Electricity 24/7 ,
Nigeria is for all of us
we are waiting for the 24/7 electricity, rubbish
Re: A Thread For Only South East And South Southerners. by M17: 4:16am On Apr 02, 2015
raumdeuter:

Where was this southern solidarity when you supported Northerners over Awolowo in 1960 and 1979.

Where was this solidarity when you supported Tofa over Abiola in 1993

FU CK YOU I STILL REMEMBER THAT SONG WE SANG FOR MKO ABIOLA .

EVERY IGBO VOTED ABIOLA IN LAGOS STATE ,I WILL NEVER FORGET THE EVE OF 1993 ELECTION YEAR I WAS 15 YEARS

EVEN THOUGH I WAS UNDER AGE I STILL VOTED FOR MKO OOOOO IS THE MAN OOO THATS THE SONG

THAT DAY THERE WAS HURRICANE THAT FLIP A CHISCO BUS AT IJORA BADIA . WE VOTED MKO ,SO SHATAP
Re: A Thread For Only South East And South Southerners. by M4gunners: 4:32am On Apr 02, 2015
leke12:
U guys are just guru for business and "anything dat can bring money" but in politics u are below average. Every other zones(NC,NE,NW,SW) in Nigeria played their cards well,both zones produce at least 1 senator and rep in both APC and PDP knowing fully well that anything can happen. Each zones have gud representations except SE and SS, u guys shud not blame anyone for ur woes.
Shut up if you don't have anything gud to say than we are only guru for business nonsense.
Re: A Thread For Only South East And South Southerners. by whitecat1: 5:11am On Apr 02, 2015
Are you ibos under a generational curse? We said do you, we are not interested in you! Which solidarity? we said we Yoruba are not your friends or brothers! How long will you continue to hang on our tails. We have nothing in common, take care of your business and let's take care of ours! We didn't give birth to you, and we are not your Nanny! Stand on your feet ibos! Don't trust Yoruba, just trust yourselves!
cjrane:

[size=14pt]Whatever happens is politics. God is teaching the SS and SE a lesson they have failed to learn in Nigeria. Your enemy is not the Haus, but Yoruba.

The tragedy is when you forget your mistakes and repeat the same mistakes over.

Yoruba that have been preaching southern solidarity under Obasanjo and even Abiola's time, has sold out again fellow southerners again. It is not exactly a surprise. But you should remember this when they come back shouting southern solidarity to deceive you into voting a Yoruba man.
[/size]

3 Likes

Re: A Thread For Only South East And South Southerners. by MayorofLagos(m): 5:35am On Apr 02, 2015
Marvin67:
Today I speak as a true Niger deltan. As a Niger deltan with 50% South south blood and, 50% South east blood.
When the South southerners and South easterners went to the polls on Saturday, they showcased one thing; Loyalty. We showed the world that we don't sell out or betray our own. We stick to our man, and if he sinks we sink with him. Some say we're not wise politically, but I say we show brotherhood and loyalty no matter the consequences. The implication of our decision on saturday means we wouldn't hold any of the top six positions in Nigeria in the next administration, but we don't care. We fight with our man, and if he goes down, we go down with him. To me, that is the definition of Loyalty. We don't betray our own, if he's in the ring, we fight with him with all we have. All hail the South South. All hail the south east. All hail everyone who never betrays his own.

I like your outspokeness!

All hail the return of abandoned properties!

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Only South East And South Southerners. by MichaelSokoto(m): 5:56am On Apr 02, 2015
M17:

FU CK YOU I STILL REMEMBER THAT SONG WE SANG FOR MKO ABIOLA .

EVERY IGBO VOTED ABIOLA IN LAGOS STATE ,I WILL NEVER FORGET THE EVE OF 1993 ELECTION YEAR I WAS 15 YEARS

EVEN THOUGH I WAS UNDER AGE I STILL VOTED FOR MKO OOOOO IS THE MAN OOO THATS THE SONG

THAT DAY THERE WAS HURRICANE THAT FLIP A CHISCO BUS AT IJORA BADIA . WE VOTED MKO ,SO SHATAP
U are a big eediot!

Dat same june 12 election day, all d igbo tenants I knew in my Ajegunle area queued behind Tofa!

So ffuck off cos I wasn't told! angry
Re: A Thread For Only South East And South Southerners. by MichaelSokoto(m): 6:01am On Apr 02, 2015
whitecat1:
Are you ibos under a generational curse? We said do you, we are not interested in you! Which solidarity? we said we Yoruba are not your friends or brothers! How long will you continue to hang on our tails. We have nothing in common, take care of your business and let's take care of ours! We didn't give birth to you, and we are not your Nanny! Stand on your feet ibos! Don't trust Yoruba, just trust yourselves!
Does d average ibo man trust himself talkless of his ibo broda? grin

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Only South East And South Southerners. by FreeGlobe(f): 6:05am On Apr 02, 2015
owobokiri:
Very happy that we stuck with this ijaw man to the end. That's how we roll in the east. Those who have been back stabbing their way to power are not better than us economicaly. . Moving forward; if Nigeria doesnt rewrite the census that gave us low figures through which Jega and co gerrymandered their way to victory, we are screwed. . We can't mount a reasonable political fight with the fake meager numbers "alotted" to us. . I see blood ahead and we should get ready to fight. Either a loose federation or we want out. Maybe it is now time to fight Nigeria. She has always brought evil to our doorstep. Maybe it is time we do same to her.
This comment is brilliant and I support it 100%
Re: A Thread For Only South East And South Southerners. by whitecat1: 6:10am On Apr 02, 2015
I wonder oo! Yet Yoruba sha in their mouths as if we are responsible for their misery. 'Face where sane people are', they said no, so how are we responsible for their predicament?
MichaelSokoto:

Does d average ibo man trust himself talkless of his ibo broda? grin

2 Likes

Re: A Thread For Only South East And South Southerners. by Umunede(m): 6:27am On Apr 02, 2015
What most people especially the Yorubas don't understand is that no matter what happens, an hausa man can never, I repeat can never support a Southerner against his fellow hausa man. If for instance, a Fashola is contesting against an unknown hausa man, they will vote massively for that unknown hausa man. They don't care about performance. I did my Uni in the north and I am talking from experience because I did campus politics. Time will tell

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Only South East And South Southerners. by M17: 6:27am On Apr 02, 2015
MichaelSokoto:

U are a big eediot!

Dat same june 12 election day, all d igbo tenants I knew in my Ajegunle area queued behind Tofa!

FU CK NO BODY VOTED TOFA
Re: A Thread For Only South East And South Southerners. by M17: 6:31am On Apr 02, 2015
MichaelSokoto:

U are a big eediot!

YOU BIGGER THAN AZZ HULE . CONE HEAD . KEEP DENYING , YOUR ECONOMY WILL RUN ON COCOA AND GROUND NUT
Re: A Thread For Only South East And South Southerners. by raumdeuter: 6:33am On Apr 02, 2015
M17:

FU CK NO BODY VOTED TOFA

Tofa won 3 out of 4 Ibo states

2 Likes

Re: A Thread For Only South East And South Southerners. by M17: 6:39am On Apr 02, 2015
raumdeuter:

I

I MY SELF AND MY EX GIRL FRIEND FROM KWARA BY NAME KHAFILA VOTED MKO .

BRO I REMEMBERED THAT SONG 'NIGERIA ON THE MATCH AGAIN 'ON THE MATCH AGAIN MKOOO IS THE MAN OOO .

I LIVED IN RAIMI STREET IN ORILE IGANMU .

THAT DAY THERE WAS HEAVY STORM AND MANY PEOPLE LOST THERE LIFE ON THE 1993 ELECTION EVE .
Re: A Thread For Only South East And South Southerners. by M17: 6:41am On Apr 02, 2015
raumdeuter:

I

I MY SELF AND MY EX GIRL FRIEND FROM KWARA BY NAME KHAFILA VOTED MKO .

BRO I REMEMBERED THAT SONG 'NIGERIA ON THE MATCH AGAIN 'ON THE MATCH AGAIN MKOOO IS THE MAN OOO .

I LIVED IN RAIMI STREET IN ORILE IGANMU .

THAT DAY THERE WAS HEAVY STORM AND MANY PEOPLE LOST THERE LIFE ON THE 1993 ELECTION EVE .

BUT WE DELIVERED FOR MKO AT AGE OF 15 BABA MI
Re: A Thread For Only South East And South Southerners. by Nobody: 6:53am On Apr 02, 2015
phrancys001:
Good radiance to bad rubbish,better start seeing Nigeria as one and drop this your regional mentality that will sink you all,as if 99% of Nigerians didn't vote jonah in 2011 ? He's the one that squandered his Goodwill.

If you ever stay in the north, you will stop this your one Nigeria thing.
Re: A Thread For Only South East And South Southerners. by MichaelSokoto(m): 6:56am On Apr 02, 2015
M17:

YOU BIGGER THAN AZZ HULE . CONE HEAD . KEEP DENYING , YOUR ECONOMY WILL RUN ON COCOA AND GROUND NUT
As thunder wit 6 packs iz firing u coupled wit Gen. Buhari iz rulin ur miserable pathetic life, u will 4ever remain d big foool dat uy are.

Btw, Gen. Buhari hasn't been sworn in yet & massive investments have started tricklin in wit d drastic fall of dollar.

Eediot!
Re: A Thread For Only South East And South Southerners. by IykeChukz(m): 6:56am On Apr 02, 2015
[quote author=padeolu post=32258912] Don't be lazy. Do a lil research if you can, you'll be marveled at what you'd find out.

Not everyone is a low lifer.

Sorry, now I know!
Re: A Thread For Only South East And South Southerners. by MichaelSokoto(m): 6:57am On Apr 02, 2015
M17:

FU CK NO BODY VOTED TOFA
U are a big eediot, igbo massively voted 4 him wen I was resident in lagos.

Muumu
Re: A Thread For Only South East And South Southerners. by alienvirus: 7:10am On Apr 02, 2015
One thing makes Hausa leave their tribes and come together. One things makes Yoruba take a greater part in Hausa and the lesser part in Ibo. It is...

Religion

You may like it or dislike it. I have said the truth and move on.
Re: A Thread For Only South East And South Southerners. by Akshow: 8:01am On Apr 02, 2015
Umunede:
What most people especially the Yorubas don't understand is that no matter what happens, an hausa man can never, I repeat can never support a Southerner against his fellow hausa man. If for instance, a Fashola is contesting against an unknown hausa man, they will vote massively for that unknown hausa man. They don't care about performance. I did my Uni in the north and I am talking from experience because I did campus politics. Time will tell

Liar! Mko won Bashir Tofa in kano state, his home town and d entire northern states. They are not as sentimental, myopic and backward thinking like the yiboz.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Only South East And South Southerners. by derrick333(m): 8:41am On Apr 02, 2015
IykeChukz:
Any body against GEJ should come up with substantial reasons he hate him.

He meant well for us and he've showcased what he got in the political history of our time.

As a core Igbo man, NWA Aba for that matter, I have no regret for supporting GEJ.

Let's be watching and see who will beat his record in Nigeria!

God bless GEJ's generation and I shall tell my children his story and my children children!.

Long live SE, SS and Nigeria!!!
NWanam relax , we all voted4 Jona2011,wat stories r u goin2tell ur kids abt him?dat he had no shoes?y nt tell us wat Jona has don in d last 6yrs?Jona ,numba1 citizen of 9jà ,said de r cabals controlling the downstream sector,Jona said he's goin2fix our 3 non-working refineries unda 6months wit d 50% subsidy he remove4rm crude,till date all refineries stil in same condition,Jona said in presidential chat September 2013 N I quote,"in the 1st quater of nxt year (2014) we nigerians will b proud N boost of 24/7 electricity supply,our efcc unda Jona bcame a weaklings dat r only after yahoo boys, apart 4rm biafra war,Jona tenure recorded the highest blood shed in 9jà history , Jona 4k ups 2much I cnt finish all

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Only South East And South Southerners. by IykeChukz(m): 8:46am On Apr 02, 2015
[quote author=derrick333 post=32263437]
NWanam relax , we all voted4 Jona2011,wat stories r u goin2tell ur kids abt him?dat he v no shoes?y nt tell us wat Jona has don in d last 6yrs?Jona ,numba1 citizen of 9jà ,said de r cabals controlling the downstream sector,Jona said he's goin2fix our 3non working refineries una 6months wit d 50% subsidy he remove4rm crude,till date all refineries stil in same condition,Jona said in presidential chat September 2013 N I quote,"in the 1st quater of nxt year (2014) we nigerians will b proud N boost of 24/7 electricity supply,our efcc unda Jona bcame a weaklings dat r only after yahoo boys, apart 4rm biafra war,Jona tenure recorded the highest blood shed in 9jà history , Jona 4k ups 2much I cnt finish all.

Thank You Sir,

De General have made his own promises and let's see how it goes.

But for now, don't forget to hail the King of Democracy!!!
Re: A Thread For Only South East And South Southerners. by derrick333(m): 8:57am On Apr 02, 2015
owobokiri:
No SE state is among the top 5density populated states in niger,and dis isn't matter of census,its numba of pipo dat collected PVC ,go check d statistics,moreover SE Don't like2vote, was born N breed in PH all my frnds r virtually igbos,d common sayin on dia lips durin election is "watin dem go gv me if I vote4dem"

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Heartbreaking Photos: People Stood By While This Man Was Stabbed To Death In SA / Meet The Oldest NYSC Member @ 65 Years Old, Still Serving / Bauchi Sets Up Panel To Probe 10,000 Ghost Workers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.