Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,707 members, 7,955,673 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 12:25 PM

Good Friday: Is Abstaining From Meat Superstitous Or Biblical? - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Good Friday: Is Abstaining From Meat Superstitous Or Biblical? (24795 Views)

Opinion; Is It Not A Sin To Call The Day That Jesus Died "A Good Friday" ? / What’s So Good About Good Friday? / How Significant Is Good Friday? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Re: Good Friday: Is Abstaining From Meat Superstitous Or Biblical? by netmillionaires(m): 7:41pm On Apr 05, 2015
Ifebazz:

Matter of fact, you're the one attacking me, and I don't think the Mother Church have condemned members and non members alike for not adhering, she only encourages her members as part of fasting observations.
ok. Thanks 4 d headsup. Just trying to say we should b careful what we accept.
Re: Good Friday: Is Abstaining From Meat Superstitous Or Biblical? by Jennifer89(f): 8:41am On Apr 06, 2015
Nneka123:
Are you Catholic? if not, please fly away.

I'm not Catholic. So, jump into the well.
Re: Good Friday: Is Abstaining From Meat Superstitous Or Biblical? by AJ99: 8:18pm On Mar 26, 2016
Abstinence from meat on Good Friday is a tradition of the Catholic Church meant to honour the death of Christ on that day. Infact, some diocese forbid the consumption of meat on ALL fridays to honour Christ. We need to be aware that not ALL things done in the Catholic Church, or any other church for that matter, is necessarily in the Bible.
Wishing all Nairaladers a holy Easter.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Ways To Get God To Answer Your Prayers / Prophet Mezziah Mrakpor On Top Of A Table Preaching To His Members In Delta / Olumba Olumba Warns Trump "You Must Stop Provoking God"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.