Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,826 members, 7,820,906 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:45 AM

Prof. Chinua Achebe - I Am Saddened By His Utterances: - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Prof. Chinua Achebe - I Am Saddened By His Utterances: (1413 Views)

General Buhari In Serious Trouble Over His Utterances. / Famous Quotes Of Prof Chinua Achebe / Prof Chinua Achebe Is Dead! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Prof. Chinua Achebe - I Am Saddened By His Utterances: by jerseyguy(m): 12:20pm On Jan 24, 2009
"The Ahiajoku Lecture is a yearly lecture series that focuses on issues that affect Igbo in the contemporary world. It is organized by the Imo State Government." - The theme of his lecture is about "how Ndigbo founded Nigeria" and calls for Ndigbo unity

For an internationally known guy like him, he needs to step outside this ethnic shell. Nigeria as constituted today is no longer about Ndigbos alone - we need leaders that will promote greater unity and common good for all. We need to stop exploiting this ethnic division and talk more about developing that country for the good of ALL of us.

So, Prof what are the issues and how to solve the issues facing all Nigerians (or the Ndigbos)?
Re: Prof. Chinua Achebe - I Am Saddened By His Utterances: by ikeyman00(m): 12:35pm On Jan 24, 2009
i think it is u know! even the whiteman knows it. hence the igbo are systematically feared and caged. lets the Fg embrace fair play watch the igbo fly lipsrsealed

In that way 1 nigeria can be great.
Re: Prof. Chinua Achebe - I Am Saddened By His Utterances: by Dede1(m): 2:43pm On Jan 24, 2009
@Poster

I do not hate to burst your bubble or your utopian sociological view of Nigeria. The jungle called Nigeria is a wrongly configured colonial contraception. There is nothing imaginarily linked to unity when Nigeria is in the view.

Being an internationally acclaimed figure does not negate the reason for embracing nationalistic ideals. If any anybody is qualified to talk about nationalistic ideals, Prof. Chinua Achebe is more than qualified.

If Nigeria can mention any form of success she has achieved since independence or any proven socio-political machination she pursued to promote unity, I would be in forefront denouncing any formation of nationalistic interest within the cesspit.

I guess you are so starkly blind, dumb and deaf that you can not see, perceive or hear that Nigeria government had institutionalized all forms of sectionalism to be adversely manifested against a particular ethnic group. Almost every Igbo person whether internationally, locally acclaimed or no acclaim would like to have country where the level playing ground is equal.

Have you noticed anywhere in world when the citizen’s properties were declared abandoned? Have you ever noticed any place in the world when a country embarked on boundary adjustment within the same country? Have you ever noticed any country that saw a policy that tends to stymied the progress rather than encourage a section of her citizenry?
Re: Prof. Chinua Achebe - I Am Saddened By His Utterances: by Afam4eva(m): 3:28pm On Jan 24, 2009
jerseyguy:

"The Ahiajoku Lecture is a yearly lecture series that focuses on issues that affect Igbo in the contemporary world. It is organized by the Imo State Government." - The theme of his lecture is about "how Ndigbo founded Nigeria" and calls for Ndigbo unity

For an internationally known guy like him, he needs to step outside this ethnic shell. Nigeria as constituted today is no longer about Ndigbos alone - we need leaders that will promote greater unity and common good for all. We need to stop exploiting this ethnic division and talk more about developing that country for the good of ALL of us.

So, Prof what are the issues and how to solve the issues facing all Nigerians (or the Ndigbos)?

What is ur point? Is is that he is aligning himself with people with a true identity of which he is one of?
Re: Prof. Chinua Achebe - I Am Saddened By His Utterances: by Encomium(m): 5:55pm On Jan 24, 2009
jerseyguy, you better jump into Atlantic ocean and drown yourself since you don't like the erudite, amiable and well-known Prof's lecture. Infact, bury your head into your palms in shame.
Re: Prof. Chinua Achebe - I Am Saddened By His Utterances: by udezue(m): 5:48am On Jan 25, 2009
The poster should mind his own damn business. Chinua Achebe is doing what any sensible person will do. Regardless of what you say you don't matter at all. U are a nobody compared to men of his caliber. Go find your own leader to give a damn about you.
Re: Prof. Chinua Achebe - I Am Saddened By His Utterances: by chidichris(m): 10:38am On Jan 25, 2009

@poster,
i sincerely appologise on behalf of prof. achebe and Ndigbo for for his speech which came below your expectation. such man was surposed to be talking about militacy and pump price of petrol or even the health of yar adua.
the problem with you thread is that it did not make any refference to other forums like the hausas or yorubas as that would have served as a guild to butress your point.

on the other hand poster, do you know the meaning of ahiajoku or the purpose for it?
from your point, ahiajoku is not surposed to be because definitely it is about Ndigbo and ndigbo.

if i may ask, which unity are we talking about here? the unity that has made the northerners and solutherners enjoy good roads, power supply, security leaving the easterners behind. does this unity of nigeria has anything to do with the educational system that has forced the Ibos to go beyond the reaches to be educated?
please tell us how you see this unity of your in play in nigeria.
Re: Prof. Chinua Achebe - I Am Saddened By His Utterances: by ikeyman00(m): 3:36pm On Jan 25, 2009
u miss the point hm lipsrsealed

(1) (Reply)

Jonathan’s Gift To Workers: Minimum Wage Now N18,000 / I Can End Violent Crimes With 5,000 Policemen — Ribadu / How Did Goodluck Get 300,000 Votes In Sokoto

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.