Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,105 members, 7,811,107 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:46 PM

If You Find Out That Your Lover is HIV Positive - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / If You Find Out That Your Lover is HIV Positive (4577 Views)

Help! My Fiance Is HIV Positive, I'm Not; What Do I Do? / My Girlfriend Is HIV/AIDS Positive What Do I Do? / How To Celebrate Val When Your Lover Is Not Around (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

If You Find Out That Your Lover is HIV Positive by smartsoft(m): 3:48pm On Oct 11, 2005
Well guys.. God4bid it happens.. you found out that your lover is HIV Positive, both of you have been going out for 4years now.. and doctor confirmed that you free from HIV and ur next partner is positive, Will you just dump him/her or what will you do.
Re: If You Find Out That Your Lover is HIV Positive by nddy(m): 5:01pm On Oct 11, 2005
Run Away, what am i waiting for.
Re: If You Find Out That Your Lover is HIV Positive by salako: 7:30pm On Oct 11, 2005
I would tell her to RETURN it (the HIV) to whomever gave it to her and not to return until the deed is done!
Re: If You Find Out That Your Lover is HIV Positive by adesodgi(m): 8:32pm On Oct 11, 2005
ajsalako:

I would tell her to RETURN it (the HIV) to whomever gave it to her and not to return until the deed is done!
this guy is f**king crazy..

i'll say nothing,but will like to know where she got it from,to know if she's bin cheating...
Re: If You Find Out That Your Lover is HIV Positive by hotangel2(f): 3:22am On Oct 12, 2005
ajsalako:

U r hilarious dude.

If he got it by having sex with someone infected.. I'll DUMP him. But if it was just all those mistaken ways he got it... I'll STIL DUMP HIM!
Re: If You Find Out That Your Lover is HIV Positive by nddy(m): 3:33am On Oct 12, 2005
hahahaha i am thinking only white folks that might think about staying together
Re: If You Find Out That Your Lover is HIV Positive by hotangel2(f): 3:34am On Oct 12, 2005
Not just white folks. The "god will take HIV away from him/her" people too will, stay.
Re: If You Find Out That Your Lover is HIV Positive by nddy(m): 3:37am On Oct 12, 2005
hahahahaha you so funny
Re: If You Find Out That Your Lover is HIV Positive by fabian(f): 9:34am On Oct 12, 2005
Na wah oh! tough question. If it's my hubby, wetin man go do? i will hang in there, with the imposed celibacy lipsrsealed
If it's a boyfriend, who knows rolleyes
Re: If You Find Out That Your Lover is HIV Positive by timmy(m): 1:32pm On Oct 12, 2005
ill'd 'jaa' grin

First thing would be to go for my own test, cry but if im negative then a phew!! and den some skolding, talking and breaking ups grin grin
Re: If You Find Out That Your Lover is HIV Positive by nferyn(m): 2:55pm On Oct 12, 2005
A lot of you immediately said you'd dump him.
Without even knowing how he contracted the virus? It could have been from an infected needle as well

Don't be so quick to convict someone without knowing the facts.

nddy:

hahahaha i am thinking only white folks that might think about staying together

Let's bring in a little racism as well. embarassed
Re: If You Find Out That Your Lover is HIV Positive by vexxy(f): 4:44pm On Oct 12, 2005
I wouldn't say only white people would stay nor the "religious folks." My bestfriends aunt dates a man who is HIV positive. They've been dating for about 3 years now and she's known about the infection for 2 of those years. It takes a while for it to show up in your system.

You can still be with someone who is HIV positive and not contract the disease. You can't get it by holding someone's hand or eating off the same plate.

If I found out that the person I'm with has contracted the disease we would talk about it. Go to the doctor and find out all about it. The cause, the effects, etc. After we are fully informed we would then have a long talk about how it will effect us and where we will go from there. Only then would I decide whether to break it off or to keep going.
Re: If You Find Out That Your Lover is HIV Positive by bagoma(f): 8:40pm On Oct 12, 2005
Hmmm! this 1 hard small o. hmm, i believe the first thing for me would be panic. every instinct screaming RUN. but i guess i'd come back to try and help him sort his life, i mean four years isnt going to dissappear just like that in the wink of HIV ( unless he got it by cheating on me in the first place).

@nferyn, are you white? hot angel and co were just kidding. besides it takes courage and great strength of character to want to stay together in the face of such, so its a plus for whites! no offence please.
Re: If You Find Out That Your Lover is HIV Positive by Scorpio(f): 9:40pm On Oct 12, 2005
First things first, that will be the basis for us takin a break so i can clear out my head[ a girl needs to scream, especially if we've already been going out and he's just lettin me know], after that, we can both sit down and verify certain things. if he got this disease after we met and we've already started dating, i'm sorry but there ain't no way i'm going to be involved with him.
Re: If You Find Out That Your Lover is HIV Positive by nferyn(m): 9:47pm On Oct 12, 2005
vexxy:

I wouldn't say only white people would stay nor the "religious folks." My bestfriends aunt dates a man who is HIV positive. They've been dating for about 3 years now and she's known about the infection for 2 of those years. It takes a while for it to show up in your system.

You can still be with someone who is HIV positive and not contract the disease. You can't get it by holding someone's hand or eating off the same plate.

If I found out that the person I'm with has contracted the disease we would talk about it. Go to the doctor and find out all about it. The cause, the effects, etc. After we are fully informed we would then have a long talk about how it will effect us and where we will go from there. Only then would I decide whether to break it off or to keep going.

Well spoken. You bring empathy and common sense to the debate
Re: If You Find Out That Your Lover is HIV Positive by nddy(m): 9:48pm On Oct 12, 2005
i wasnt racist
Re: If You Find Out That Your Lover is HIV Positive by nferyn(m): 9:52pm On Oct 12, 2005
nddy:

i wasnt racist

I'm not saying you are. but what else could you call your remark?
Language is a powerful thing, be carefull when you use it
Re: If You Find Out That Your Lover is HIV Positive by nddy(m): 9:58pm On Oct 12, 2005
its not being racist, its like saying chicken is black people's meal. People dont know whats racist and all not
Re: If You Find Out That Your Lover is HIV Positive by nferyn(m): 10:14pm On Oct 12, 2005
nddy:

its not being racist, its like saying chicken is black people's meal. People don't know whats racist and all not

I wouldn't immediately say both examples are similar, but I understand your point. But let's not forget that all people have some ethnocentric behaviour in them. It's an evolved trait among humans that helped us survive for hundereds of thousands of years; We should acknowledge that and try to fight these tendencies as much as possible.
Re: If You Find Out That Your Lover is HIV Positive by nferyn(m): 10:20pm On Oct 12, 2005
bagoma:

[SNIP]

@nferyn, are you white? hot angel and co were just kidding. besides it takes courage and great strength of character to want to stay together in the face of such, so its a plus for whites! no offence please.

Yes I plead guilty wink, but my wife is Nigerian.

You can see us here:
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-637.512.html

Anyway, people are people. race is a meaningless concept biologically. Why not divide up the world between the tall and short races grin That would be something
Re: If You Find Out That Your Lover is HIV Positive by bagoma(f): 10:48pm On Oct 12, 2005
ha ha ha ha that would indeed be something! grin grin grin
regards to iyawo.
Re: If You Find Out That Your Lover is HIV Positive by hotangel2(f): 10:50pm On Oct 12, 2005
Who said i was joking. I'd DUMP the dude. I aint gat no HIV so where u get it from?? Nigg@ Talk.. Shuu... Buh bye boo!
Re: If You Find Out That Your Lover is HIV Positive by bagoma(f): 11:25pm On Oct 12, 2005
nferyn, i just checked out your pics. i think your whole family look great too. mixed blessing. i'm happy for you.(naija women are the best, abi?)
Re: If You Find Out That Your Lover is HIV Positive by Scorpio(f): 12:44am On Oct 13, 2005
hot-angel:

Who said i was joking. I'd DUMP the dude. I aint gat no HIV so where u get it from?? Nigg@ Talk.. Shuu... Buh bye boo!
oh girl, u harsh o cheesy cheesy
Re: If You Find Out That Your Lover is HIV Positive by nddy(m): 12:50am On Oct 13, 2005
i dont know wat kind of human being that would stick with him or her?

i dont think she is harsh she is just being real
Re: If You Find Out That Your Lover is HIV Positive by hotangel2(f): 12:52am On Oct 13, 2005
true.
Re: If You Find Out That Your Lover is HIV Positive by Latoya(f): 2:29am On Oct 13, 2005
I know its really hard to stay with someone with HIV,but if u really care for that person i don't think u wuld just let go like that.Even if this person isnt my lover, and i know him/her as friends i wil sure stay with them.he/she needs me now more than ever,i have to encourage them as much as i can,what are friends for?
Re: If You Find Out That Your Lover is HIV Positive by Greatpeter(m): 7:02am On Oct 13, 2005
Since there is no barrier to true love, live goes on and HIV shouldn't be the barrier to stop the miracle.
Love is a miracle, loving someone from another family/tribe.
So I won't quit, a friend in need is friend in deed.
Re: If You Find Out That Your Lover is HIV Positive by nferyn(m): 7:56am On Oct 13, 2005
bagoma:

nferyn, i just checked out your pics. i think your whole family look great too. mixed blessing. i'm happy for you.(Nigeria women are the best, abi?)

Well, for me at least wink
Re: If You Find Out That Your Lover is HIV Positive by fabian(f): 10:14am On Oct 13, 2005
nferyn:

Well, for me at least wink

Good for you nefryn! Your baby is soooooooooooo cute! kiss
Re: If You Find Out That Your Lover is HIV Positive by loveth(f): 11:24am On Oct 13, 2005
I wiLL RUN 4 FORTY.
Re: If You Find Out That Your Lover is HIV Positive by slary(m): 11:20pm On Oct 13, 2005
I CANT WAIT 4 ANY EXPLANATION OOOOOOOOOOO I WILL RUN 4 MY DEAR LIFE, CO'S MY LIFE IS PRECIOUS TO ME

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pls Help!.....my Bf Is Cheating On Me / How Long Did It Take You To Woo Your Woman/man / 24 Different Types Of Nigerian Guys You’ll Come Across (PHOTO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.