Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,849 members, 7,810,273 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:14 AM

My Sister Wants To Waste 6months Of My Years In The US - Jobs/Vacancies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / My Sister Wants To Waste 6months Of My Years In The US (41872 Views)

@mufclatestnews Removes Editor Who Said Nigerians Are A Waste Of Oxygen & Flesh / You Nigerians Are A Waste Of Oxygen And Flesh - @mufclatestnews Blasts Guy / Pls I Need To Know More About 'gnld",my Sister Is In Their Net (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Sister Wants To Waste 6months Of My Years In The US by Freiburger(m): 9:19am On Apr 05, 2015
AAinEqGuinea:

Watching you
Re: My Sister Wants To Waste 6months Of My Years In The US by lenmafon: 9:20am On Apr 05, 2015
op why does she want u be indoors 4 six months?or re entering US in an illegal way?there's smthg ur sister is hiding frm u. u earn 75k per month abi, calculate 75 x 6. if u re business oreinted, u can plan well and save smthg and start ur biz within dat 6months u sit indoor doing nothing, but if u still think say na honey full USA and u want 2 go, pls link me up with dat company cos am looking 4 a new job with ur kind of pay. a word is enough for de wise. learn frm de mistakes and experiences of others.

1 Like

Re: My Sister Wants To Waste 6months Of My Years In The US by Nobody: 9:20am On Apr 05, 2015
THAT SOUNDS LIKE ILLEGAL STUFF AND IMMIGRATION FRAUD. WELL IN MY OPINION, STAY WHERE YOU CURRENTLY EARN A GOOD LIVING AND WORK ON LEGAL MEANS OF GOING ANYWHERE. YOU GO TO AMERICA AND HIDE INDOORS FOR 6 MONTHS THEN WHAT NEXT? YOU THINK 6 MONTHS IS 6 MINUTES?

A LOT CAN HAPPEN IN 6 DAYS TALK MORE OF 6 MONTHS, HER HOUSE CAN BURN, SHE CAN BE FIRED, A CAR CAN HIT HER (GOD FORBID), CAN BE KIDNAPPED OR KILLED (GOD FORBID), SO MANY THINGS THAT CAN GO WRONG.

IF IT IS NOT LEGAL DON'T EVEN LOOSE A MINUTE OF SLEEP ON IT BECAUSE SOMETHING ALWAYS GOES WRONG...

THERE ARE MANY LEGAL WAYS SO MY HONEST ADVICE IS THAT IT IS NOT WORTH IT BUT AT THE END OF THE DAY-IT'S YOUR CALL.

NOT TO THINK OF YOUR LOSS OF ABOUT $2,300 IN 6 MONTHS (75K X 6)

Drabeey:
She said she would help me travel to the States but she would keep me indoors in her house for 6 months pending when my papers allowing me to move around the US would be ready.

I'm already receiving 75,000 naira per month here in Nigeria and still single.

Please is there any advise from the house?

1 Like

Re: My Sister Wants To Waste 6months Of My Years In The US by telexfree1: 9:24am On Apr 05, 2015
sukkot:
I am very sure he is regretting it now

He relocated with his entire family. started and completed a masters degree and has a job that pays more than 500k.

He has some professional certifications lined up. which will even help push him higher

Bro, 75k cannot even cover what I pay monthly to APTECH VI computer centre for my advanced software engineering program.

I have been working for 7 yrs now. my starting salary in 2008 was more than double 75k.

I would have achieved less if my salary was 75k.

I advise the OP to take risks now at a young age. you have nothing to lose now. No dependants, No family to worry about. take the jump, It's worth it.

u might want to have a detailed discussion with your sis first.

5 Likes

Re: My Sister Wants To Waste 6months Of My Years In The US by stan241(m): 9:25am On Apr 05, 2015
mobuch:

Enjoy their lives at what quality of standard Can he afford a once in a week dinner at sheraton or eko le median hotel Those are the indicies to know if families enjoy themselves. Can his salary buy him a brand new car My man, let's be objective
so according to you, dinning at sheraton once a week is a sign of being wealthya wise person can diversify that 75k salary and start earning millions a lot of folks do that so don't use your high taste in life to judge others, not everyone is built for that showy kinda life and appearances can be deceiving and who earns such an amount and goes to live in lekki its common sensen the thing is everyone these days wants to start BIG, no one wants humble beginnings anymore and believe me he who can't properly manage a 75k salary as a bachelor can't manage 2million as a married man

3 Likes

Re: My Sister Wants To Waste 6months Of My Years In The US by AroOkigbo(m): 9:27am On Apr 05, 2015
Drabeey:
GUYS SHE'S NOT GOING TO PAY, JUST GOING TO WAIT TILL 6 MONTHS B4 D PAPERS GETS READY[b][/b]
Papers? Ready in 6 months?
Good story?
As a poster earlier mentioned, after that, then what?
Why not visit for one month during your annual vacation and see things for yourself first?
You want my candid advice? Bros, remain here?

2 Likes

Re: My Sister Wants To Waste 6months Of My Years In The US by Nobody: 9:30am On Apr 05, 2015
Guys getting down there and wait for 6 months isn't my problem, but im afraid of what i might lose if this doesn't work out as envisaged. Believe me,i would still have to spend the fortune I've saved with the peanut im earning on the traveling expenses.and that is the problem i have with the whole thing. pls guys, i need real advise as this is going down pretty soon..............OP
Re: My Sister Wants To Waste 6months Of My Years In The US by Nobody: 9:35am On Apr 05, 2015
Tydies:
You want to abandon a 75k a month salary for an uncertain future in the US? Calm down its not worth it ma dear. Stay back for the moment.

Yes stay back. GMB will make Nigeria better than the USA IN 4 years. If he fails you have only missed 4 years of opportunities in the USA. And you will be 4 yrs older. Your choice.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Sister Wants To Waste 6months Of My Years In The US by kikelomojessy(f): 9:36am On Apr 05, 2015
Please cnt ur sis start working on ur papers while u ar here and workin rather than goin dre and be idle for 6months?

1 Like

Re: My Sister Wants To Waste 6months Of My Years In The US by Lucasbalo(m): 9:37am On Apr 05, 2015
CityNG:

If you're truly making that money in Nigetia then you'll be a complete dunce to abandon that for the US.

Trust me on that. I've been here since 86 btw.
It's laughable to tell someone making 70.000 Naira to stay in Nigeria if he has the opportunity to advance himself ?. How much is 75 thousand Naira?. I have been here in Chicago for a long time too and I am surprised at your post. I guess to each his own.

2 Likes

Re: My Sister Wants To Waste 6months Of My Years In The US by Nobody: 9:38am On Apr 05, 2015
WHHHAAATTTT?? i never ceased to be amazed @ the level of bull sh1t nNigerians can spew?!!! undecided its mind boggling that some peeps here are even telling u that you have a good job?!!!!! and from your response it sounds like you believe that?!!!!!!!!!

Wow Nigerians and self deceit sha?? undecided undecided
aNYWAYS LET ME BE FRANK AS USUAL!! FIRSTLY YOU ARE AN INGRATE!!! YOU EVEN HAVE SOMEONE WILLING TO SPEND HER HARD EARNED MONEY TO TAKE YOUR LAZY UNGRATEFULL SELF TO USA and YOU ARE HERE ASKING HER INTENTIONS? because you are clearly still living with your family thats why you think you have a good job!!

If you where paying rent and feeding yourself you would know your job is nonsense!!! i dont think you realize your reality yet, you even have money to subscribe for internet to type this nonsense here because you are not feeding yourself!!!

Let me break it down for you!! Until Nigeria gets better you are one of the lucky few who has an opportunity to get out of here, and if what it takes is 6 months living indoors and your sister feeding your hungry ungrateful self then so be it!!! some even are praying for an opportunity to stay for 1 year if at the end they get their papers!!!!

I call bullsh1t!! this is a fake story!!! i dont think any one can be so clueless unless their name is GEJ!!!

She will pay for your travel expenses, feed you for 6 months, assist in getting your papers and you are here asking what? THIS IS A FAKE STORY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: My Sister Wants To Waste 6months Of My Years In The US by chupcake(m): 9:39am On Apr 05, 2015
Is it a federal government job or is it a job in the telecom industry. What I am saying is job security, how secure is the job? You won't wanna risk getting laid off when the offer is off the table and end up regretting not taking it.
Re: My Sister Wants To Waste 6months Of My Years In The US by Ujupsy: 9:46am On Apr 05, 2015
what if the visa never get ready after two years or more then you will be roasting in Paradise
think again

1 Like

Re: My Sister Wants To Waste 6months Of My Years In The US by Nobody: 9:55am On Apr 05, 2015
P
lestat:
WHHHAAATTTT?? i never ceased to be amazed @ the level of bull sh1t nNigerians can spew?!!! undecided its mind boggling that some peeps here are even telling u that you have a good job?!!!!! and from your response it sounds like you believe that?!!!!!!!!!

aNYWAYS LET ME BE FRANK AS USUAL!! FIRSTLY YOU ARE AN INGRATE!!! YOU EVEN HAVE SOMEONE WILLING TO SPEND HER HARD EARNED MONEY TO TAKE YOUR LAZY UNGRATEFULL SELF TO USA and YOU ARE HERE ASKING HER INTENTIONS? because you are clearly still living with your family thats why you think you have a good job!!

If you where paying rent and feeding yourself you would know your job is nonsense!!! i dont think you realize your reality yet, you even have money to subscribe for internet to type this nonsense here because you are not feeding yourself!!!

Let me break it down for you!! Until Nigeria gets better you are one of the lucky few who has an opportunity to get out of here, and if what it takes is 6 months living indoors and your sister feeding your hungry ungrateful self then so be it!!! some even are praying for an opportunity to stay for 1 year if at the end they get their papers!!!!

I call bullsh1t!! this is a fake story!!! i dont think any one can be so clueless unless their name is GEJ!!!

She will pay for your travel expenses, feed you for 6 months, assist in getting your papers and you are here asking what? THIS IS A FAKE STORY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What is your own sef, why are you so angry , did you not see up there that he/she will have to spend the money saved up from the 75k salary over the years on getting to the states. So obviously the sister is not paying to get him there but just supplying relevant documents for the visa application

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Sister Wants To Waste 6months Of My Years In The US by marriedvirgin: 9:55am On Apr 05, 2015
Make sure you are certain before you come-otherwise stay back in Nigeria & secure your job.If i know the kind of visa you want to travel with,i can be able to give you advice.Recently Obama was trying to see if he can grant legal status to some illegal immigrants but i don't know how far he has gone with that
Re: My Sister Wants To Waste 6months Of My Years In The US by Ujupsy: 9:57am On Apr 05, 2015
lestat:

I think is better you keep your nonsense advise

1 Like

Re: My Sister Wants To Waste 6months Of My Years In The US by mya1: 9:58am On Apr 05, 2015
We cannot advise you with the insufficient information you've provided.

1) what type of visa are you applying for? If it's visiting, you're entitled to a 6months visa that has no cap/restriction on your movement in the country within the six months.
You have to stay within the limit of your visa though, which is to visit/holiday,meaning you are not entitled to a paid employment .

2) How does your sister intend getting the so called papers for you after 6months?
To my best understanding-though I'm not in the states but I guess the immigration law is similar to the United Kingdom's.
You could never upgrade a visiting visa to a stay within 6months- matter of fact - you couldn't upgrade a visiting visa .
The best you can get is to become an illegal immigrant and trust me, I don't think it's a life you want to subject yourself to.You're basically going to be living like a prisoner.

Ask your sister these questions- what are her plans for you?- real and cogent plans .Are they feasible?
If they aren't or would subject you to being illegal ,it's not worth it one bit!

I see a lot of people here that get so excited about the prospect of going to western countries that they don't give it any deep thought or have a concrete plan and 10 years down the lane,they are still doing odd jobs and living in constant fear of deportation.
That life is no life!

5 Likes

Re: My Sister Wants To Waste 6months Of My Years In The US by TopHand: 10:02am On Apr 05, 2015
My friend u sound very confused, even yur post titled "my sister wants me to waste 6 months....." reveals a confused mind, if u already know it is a waste of yur life why r u seeking advice from NL, yur story is very shady, why hide inside a house for 6 months? what exactly are u planing to do in the U.S?, are you planing to illegally over stay yur visa? or r u planing to get involved in some fraudulent scheme, if so u r a fool, once caught u will never b able to travel to the U.S again, my advice dont get involved in anything illegal, talk to yur boss and take time off work and use yur visa to go and buy some profitable market, you can always raise capital e.g getting orders from the right people, loans, yur own savings e.t.c this way you can still visit yur sister and devised a better strategy 4 the future, buy yur business, keep yur job, and above all still get another U.S visa next year

1 Like

Re: My Sister Wants To Waste 6months Of My Years In The US by justwise(m): 10:04am On Apr 05, 2015
Freiburger:

grin grin grin grin

grin grin you know some people here can talk but can't support it with evidence
Re: My Sister Wants To Waste 6months Of My Years In The US by IYANGBALI: 10:10am On Apr 05, 2015
Omo dat na 6 months in prison o,6 months might end up being a year or even more,it will not be easy staying indoor doing nothing,if she cannot get your papers for you PLS DO NOT GO.
Re: My Sister Wants To Waste 6months Of My Years In The US by ghetto101(m): 10:10am On Apr 05, 2015
I will advice you go to US whenever u are able to but for a visite,u not doing bad in Nigeria and u don't know what await u in US,there are people living there for yrs without document,she said six months that is what she think but it's might take a yr or 2.i have seen people who gave up everything move to Europe or US end up crying.Ur case might not be the same but i wont advicce any body who is doing well in Nigeria to leave his or her job and go to US,what kind of job will you do?

Drabeey:
She said she would help me travel to the States but she would keep me indoors in her house for 6 months pending when my papers allowing me to move around the US would be ready.

Re: My Sister Wants To Waste 6months Of My Years In The US by fedesng(m): 10:11am On Apr 05, 2015
@Drabeey. Based on my experience here, I will suggest you find a way to ask your sister the following questions without being offensive:
1. Is this a human trafficking scheme (because every state is cracking down on perpetrators). A few weeks ago many human trafficking rings were busted in a nearby county. Result: deportation or jail before deportation. Some people have argued that American jail is better. I don't think so.
2. What kind of paper will you get after 6 months? Unless your sister knows what many people don"t know, there is no permit / paper that can be ready in 6 months. Unless you win green card. Not even if you marry a citizen. If it's that easy, there wouldn't be any nubile illegal here.
3. What happens during and after the 6 months? Be sure you have a clear picture. It can be very lonely and frustrating here. You will be at the mercy of your sister and any of her associates (glorified slavery). Nigerians, like many other clueless immigrants, are involved in lots of shits here.
Don"t get me wrong, I believe in miracle too. But I suggest you do your home work. Heaven helps those who help themselves and people can make wrong turns for lack of knowledge. Sometimes, a bird in hand can be worth more than a million in the bush.
May life be kind to you.

4 Likes

Re: My Sister Wants To Waste 6months Of My Years In The US by Tvegas(m): 10:13am On Apr 05, 2015
I am not going to tell you to go or not. I am only bothered about your sister getting your papers within 6 months?

Is your sister a US immigration officer? Even if she is one, she can't do much. The fastest way to get papers in the USA is via marriage which doesn't always end well for many because you are subject to blackmail and continous extortion. You may end up searching for papers for years to come. Look before you leap.

3 Likes

Re: My Sister Wants To Waste 6months Of My Years In The US by PastorAji(m): 10:15am On Apr 05, 2015
naijamark:
Please stay on your 75k job. For you to clinch that kind of job in a highly saturated labour market such as Nigeria is an indication that you're competitive, or can pull the right strings. No place like home. If you're yet to leave the shores of this country it may still be freaking you, but after a while, "freaking" things soon become ordinary.
And for a lady that you are, you won't like that hustle life your sister wants to introduce you to, trust me.
Questions you should ask yourself?
Is your sister married and happy in the States?
Do you picture yourself in her position in the next couple of years? Excuse me, she will model you to be what she is. If you don't like what you see don't go for it.
Are you happy with your present job? Do you see any hope for the future if you remain on it?
Have you discussed with your confidant?
Wa gbayi ore. Ur head dey dia.
Op, there are things you can even do in Nigeria that you will even make more than 75k.....use your eyes to 'see' not to look.

1 Like

Re: My Sister Wants To Waste 6months Of My Years In The US by Reference(m): 10:16am On Apr 05, 2015
Drabeey:

My friend develop a grand vision and begin to pursue it. All these glass ceilings you guys place over your heads is just unnecessary. Personal development, not location should be first and front in your list of tasks.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Sister Wants To Waste 6months Of My Years In The US by Bollinger(m): 10:21am On Apr 05, 2015
Drabeey:

Bro's don't do it. Never ever let your your visa expire while in the U.S. What you've done is close any chance of gaining entry or residency unless you are lucky to marry into it. People who live in the states without papers astound me. You are pretty much a prisoner. But, i don't understand; if she is willing to invite you and she is your sister, then why doesnt' she just file for you. It is so much easier that way. Unless of course she is living there illegally as well. I wish you luck though.
Re: My Sister Wants To Waste 6months Of My Years In The US by Originalsly: 10:24am On Apr 05, 2015
Your sister is a liar and you have nothing to gain by taking up her offer. A liar?....papers are processed before you can travel to the US...not travel first and papers processed later. If she somehow helps you get a visa (papers successfully processed)...the minute you clear immigration you are free to travel to anywhere in the US including Hawaii.....so what wait indoors is she talking about? So you think after 6 months you would be free to go after the American Dream? After 6 months you become out of status...illegal. Then what?...restricted to menial jobs...if you can find one....and that can't maintain you. You would still have to be her slave...and give her a portion of whatever little you earn. She herself may be struggling in the US and is using this as a way of gettting money from you....you agree and she would be asking you regularly to send money to pay fees for processing of travel papers! The grass always look greener on the other side....look well before you leap. My advice...stay where you are.

4 Likes

Re: My Sister Wants To Waste 6months Of My Years In The US by Danfo(m): 10:25am On Apr 05, 2015
@OP,

First, the amount you are currently earning is really not much in comparison to your earning potential in the US i.e 75,000 Naira is less than $400 a month. In the US you can earn more than that in a week alone, if you are not lazy. So from the earning perspective US is certainly appealing.

In terms of education and training for your career and personal development, the US will advance you exponentially in a shorter time and with less frustration, if you are a determined and focused person.

So no argument, US is a better location than Nigeria; at least for the above reasons.

However, in order to function and get the best of the US your need your presence in the country to be regulated; otherwise you will regret ever leaving Nigeria.

These are the practical questions you need to ask:
• Is your sister living in the US legally?
• What type of a lifestyle is she living? Is she married? Have kids? Working or on State Benefit?
• What type of permit is she planning to get you, and what is the certainty that it will be successful?
• Are you planning to leave Nigeria on a visa bearing your name and legally issued visa?
• Regularisation of your stay has to be done before your visa expire, so why do you need to HIDE, at least before the visa expires?
• Under the scenario of 'hiding' what are you supposed to be doing in-doors for 6 months?

Your sister is the best person to direct the questions to. Afterwards do your due diligence based upon her responses. If you cannot find satisfactory answers to the above survival’s questions then I will advise you to romantically hug and kiss your 75,000 Naira job until GOD open up better opportunities for you in the future.

Take care and may GOD guide you into the right path for your life.

8 Likes

Re: My Sister Wants To Waste 6months Of My Years In The US by Nobody: 10:32am On Apr 05, 2015
gare:
Hello gentleman I will advice you based on experience my younger brother was in the same position like you had a contract Job with a multinational oil servicing company here in PH but jumped at an offer like this 5 yrs ago but today he is back with no job while. Is colleagues are now confirmed staff.i will beg. You to stay back since you have s job if you never had would be a different. Case.
Seriously am shocked?
U mean am..
Re: My Sister Wants To Waste 6months Of My Years In The US by bfire(m): 10:32am On Apr 05, 2015
Alcatraz001:
@ Op please don't mind this people who are advising you to stay baack in Nigeria oooo, they are not happy for you.

Please ask your self if you see hope in this Country? How much is 75k? Please take this opportunity with both hands,before you know it you would start a job after getting the papers in the US. I want you to think about the quality of Life that the US offers and not the slave wages being paid in Nigeria. Nigeria jst survived a Civil War by whiskers because God intervened through the US and Britain but there is still tension in the Air.

Just sit down and think about all you have to gain by moving to a more developed and stable country.

May God give you the wisdom to make a good decision.

What do you know about U.S immigration?

Things don't work like that in USA. If there's going to be any papers it would be given in Nigeria. There's no refugee claim in USA unlike Canada

Your sister is been deceitful
She's not the govt or the immigration

5 Likes

Re: My Sister Wants To Waste 6months Of My Years In The US by leonshom(m): 10:45am On Apr 05, 2015
otipoju:
Your story get K-Leg oo. May be she needs a baby sitter.
You're the best !

1 Like

Re: My Sister Wants To Waste 6months Of My Years In The US by obi2012: 10:48am On Apr 05, 2015
guy, they wan use you do houseboy for america... what does she mean hide for 6 months? if you come to the US with a valid visa while you are waiting for your documents, why will you be hiding?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Miraculous Way I Got A Job Without Connection!!! - Life Testimony / Fresh Graduate Recruitment At OBAX Worldwide Limited / List Of Successful Candidates For 2016 Naf Dssc Interview Screening

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.