Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,361 members, 7,819,299 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:54 PM

Don't Expect Miracles When I Assume Office, Buhari Tells Nigerians - Politics (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Don't Expect Miracles When I Assume Office, Buhari Tells Nigerians (65331 Views)

Top 3 Things I Will Fix Before Leaving Office - Buhari / Don't Expect Change Overnight - Buhari Reiterates / "Nigerians Should Not Expect Miracles From Me When I Assume Power- Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Don't Expect Miracles When I Assume Office, Buhari Tells Nigerians by Anglovel: 10:24pm On Apr 06, 2015
. Their lies and scam tactics have begun.
Buhari shouldn't have picked this job at this age. He should have just retired an watched Nigerian politics from his livingroom.

Nigerians are naturally very very impatient people and if by this time in 2017, there are no major improvements in their standard of living or in infrastructure, they will start to bitterly complain and grumble of bad governance and corruption.

That was how they treated President Yar'Adua till the man died of pressure. grin
Two years into YarAdua's tenure, they began to call him baba go-slow. grin
The same thing happened to Jonathan, only Obasanjo was spared in his first tenure. Buhari won't be spared.

Buhari has no other options or choices but to perform miracles and magic. That was why nigerians voted you in. They want the magic and miracles that Buhari and his party promised to be delivered in three years.

If Nigerians begin to miss GEJ in three years, Buhari you are as good as gone!
Anglovel
Re: Don't Expect Miracles When I Assume Office, Buhari Tells Nigerians by Anglovel: 10:28pm On Apr 06, 2015
dechandel:
But Baba this was not what you read out on the campaign grounds oo angry
Re: Don't Expect Miracles When I Assume Office, Buhari Tells Nigerians by victorotto: 11:43pm On Apr 06, 2015
BABA....u better keep to ur word . thou i believe u..
Re: Don't Expect Miracles When I Assume Office, Buhari Tells Nigerians by peeboy(m): 12:05am On Apr 07, 2015
you promise to end insurgency during your campaign, now you won and you are saying you are not a magician.....what are you? a lier? or ....

1 Like

Re: Don't Expect Miracles When I Assume Office, Buhari Tells Nigerians by macof(m): 12:14am On Apr 07, 2015
We expected miracles from GEJ
You better turn Jesus now and start learning the art of miracles or else it's daura at 2019 for not only you but all APC

1 Like

Re: Don't Expect Miracles When I Assume Office, Buhari Tells Nigerians by integrator(m): 12:37am On Apr 07, 2015
dBard:

loool...
That's how it begins; first the little little twist in previous statements made, then the all out retractions.
Very soon it'll be the full out denial.

Politicians are ALL the same...

and anyone that thinks they can just up and GEJ out a seating president, esp after they've learnt from the last election, is dreaming.
It takes a Willingness from the top to make that possible.

fingers crossed tho.
Very true my brother. It will be almost easier for a camel to go through the eye of the needle than for a seating president to be voted out of office. The seating president has all the arsenal in his domain. In-short, he has the cake and the knife and can cut as he pleases. ONLY A WILLING HEART WILL ALLOW FOR TRANSPARENT ELECTIONS. This is what I feel. I might be wrong though. Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Don't Expect Miracles When I Assume Office, Buhari Tells Nigerians by RAO1(m): 7:27am On Apr 07, 2015
ocelot2006:

Is that so? Oya prove it. If GMB is able to exceed GEJ's feat, i'll change my mind. Till then he better perform, or else.....

I'll keep saying this: majority of the masses won, BUT the right man lost the elections. Time will vindicate GEJ.
u need d proof, ba?ask sincere elderlies in ur vicinity,about d govt of GMB.. ........Apart from the "rush-hour " activities in d transport sector.... tell me d achievements of GEJ government ,pls....
Re: Don't Expect Miracles When I Assume Office, Buhari Tells Nigerians by nortcentrallord(m): 8:12am On Apr 07, 2015
Ahmeduana:

UNA SEE TYPICAL MALLAM BAHAUCHE!

grin grin Oga, am not a mallam oh, am far from anything like that. Nigerians made a bad choice electing buhari and we must face the fact and live with it. How do you intend to boot a northerner out once he lays his hand on power. Don't forget politics is a game of number and rigging. OBJ could succeed with that then because he was an incumbent and it was the same political party so it was easy to dislodge them and skillfully select a dying man so their will be easy transition to GEJ.
Buhari must rule (not govern) and we must bear it. grin cheesy so we can learn the HARD way and maybe not forget in a hurry.
Re: Don't Expect Miracles When I Assume Office, Buhari Tells Nigerians by Nobody: 8:50am On Apr 07, 2015
foxxynik:

You literally didn't bring any change... And since people came out to vote for Buhari... You got blinded and now believe....this is the change...
You'll soon cry!
If thats what you are waiting for then I will tell you to wait and see the very reasons why nigerians made the decision.
Goodluck and good bye for now
Re: Don't Expect Miracles When I Assume Office, Buhari Tells Nigerians by Nobody: 9:05am On Apr 07, 2015
afolag:

If thats what you are waiting for then I will tell you to wait and see the very reasons why nigerians made the decision.
Goodluck and good bye for now
Just like he has said....we shouldn't expect miracles.... After much promises....I was told Buhari is the messiah...and messiah perform miracles.....
So waiting to see u cry!....
Re: Don't Expect Miracles When I Assume Office, Buhari Tells Nigerians by Alezy(m): 9:09am On Apr 07, 2015
chymystique:
Na so e dey start oo! Soon they will tell us 4yrs is not enough to aChieve "his Blueprint"..

I' ve not Forgotten the promises esp the one you made in my state whiCh in this our century aint attainable..

Patiently waiting for N1=$1 and the 24hrs light.

#NigeriansAreWatching

lalasticlala, do you rest @ all?..*wondering*
lolz... u shud kw dose were just promises, nothing will change. that change slogan is just a waste of tym.

1 Like

Re: Don't Expect Miracles When I Assume Office, Buhari Tells Nigerians by optimistically: 9:25am On Apr 07, 2015
major466:
Interpretation of Buhari's comments: Don't expect me to fulfill my promises to
1. Wipe Kworroption.
2. Stabilize international Oil Prices single handedly.
3. Make $1=N1
4. Provide 20,000MW of Power Supply within one Year!
5. End Boko Haram in two months.
6. Give N5,000 to 25 million unemployed youths.
7. Free meals for Children.
8. Create 7 million jobs per annum.
9. Free health care for everyone.
10. Turn Nigeria into Dubai.

They were busy making unrealistic plans without adequately streamlining the Viability and Possibility of implementing them. No road map on where the funds will come nor how they intend to generate finances needed to fulfill these bogus projects.

So there you have it Nigeria. This is the Change you voted for. Change from making promises to breaking promises.
Talk is cheap.......hope ur confidence neva start to dwindle o.......It s ur promise of majic n miracles dat got u elected, if u can't deliver, beta step down wit ur honour in tact instead of going there to undo d little Jona achieved.
Re: Don't Expect Miracles When I Assume Office, Buhari Tells Nigerians by Nobody: 10:08am On Apr 07, 2015
joncom:

The trutth is that, he has started consulting Brains and they have made him understand that all these promises are unobtainable in even 8 years. These changes are slow and its effect can not been seen in the shortest possible time.
Ofcoz he should've known that before aspiring for presidency!.... That changes takes a longer time to finally be seen... But he made us believed that he'll perform these miracles not minding the short possible time he'll spend as a president!

1$ =N1, will take like forever
It won't.... Investing on this country will make this come to past....within the time limit... Do you know what it means to beat down any currency rate? It's simply "investment"
Nigeria is an oil producing country....one of the largest in the world.... And America doesn't have oil....but surviving with technology and weapon building.... The war in syria, America and russia sells weapons at daily bases to the Syrian government to fight down the rebels... Same in afghanistan and other war countries....
This has increase America's economy and America is known for investment across the world..
Paying unemployed youth; it will drain our economy.
Lol... Do you know that this country is very very rich? Do you know how much Buhari earns as a member of council of state? Do you know that Nigeria senators are the richest senators in the world? They receive the highest salary as a senator... Amongst other senators in the world...
This country is rich and blessed by God... There shouldn't be poverty anywhere heard in this country. Politicians will be buying private jets and building mansions and duplex for their unborn children in cities....and estates are built and registered in foreign countries.. Politicians spend vacations in foreign countries and spend huge amount of money for their lovers... Do you know what this politicians do with our money?
It's very possible to pay the unemployed youths... There is a private school in this country where a friend of mine told me a story of a politician's son who brings millions of Naira to school and bought two expensive latest 2015 honda for his friend and one for himself when the mother heard of it...she went to the school and took the child anf flown him abroad.... It was noticed that the father of the child keeps money anyhow in the house...dollars, pounds and other heavy currencies....parked and packed in different tilt in the house.
Reduction in pump price; may take a very long time to stabilize, and nigerians cannot wait.
The reduction of oil price is the first thing to do....and this there after...will give him the hinge to stabilize the economy....
Also.... The Nigeria as an oil producing country.... If these politicians have conscience....will help this country to develop by reducing their interest on looting.... This country is rich... I mean rich... Nigeria wouldn't be going to world bank to seek for loan... World bank would've been asking Nugeria to loan America trillions of naira.... But this isn't possible because.... Everybody wants to mark a share of billions of naira and render the poor...more hardship!
Re: Don't Expect Miracles When I Assume Office, Buhari Tells Nigerians by Marsirano(m): 10:28am On Apr 07, 2015
De change agent is changing is mindundecidedbaba we stil de wait for N1=$1 shocked cheesy
Re: Don't Expect Miracles When I Assume Office, Buhari Tells Nigerians by Nobody: 10:44am On Apr 07, 2015
Bollinger:

How is he to blame. If he asks that Nigerians be honest, and you offer and take bribe.
Didn't GEJ ask Nigerians to be Honest and people still took bribe and made his administration a corrupt one? Who did we blame? Ofcoz GEJ!
Making Nigeria is everyones responsibility.
Lol.... During GEJ's administration.... Everybody waited for GEJ to manage the country by itself.... And feed everyone with his own hands.... Even all the governors of different states expected GEJ to walk around the streets of each states to observe corruption and amend them!....
That there is a village in Bauchi that both humans and goats feed from one pond... And that GEJ let does ppl suffered without providing them a single bore-hole... Question is.... Don't they have l.g.a chairman? Why always blaming GEJ? When we knew that we would've been conducting civic responsibilities? Why are we thinking of this now? Yet this man talked about CHANGE! What is the different between CHANGE and TRANSFORMATION?
Abeg.... We'll fold our hands and wait for this old man to go about the cities and stop corruption!
Change my deeeeeeeeck!

1 Like

Re: Don't Expect Miracles When I Assume Office, Buhari Tells Nigerians by okotv(m): 12:37pm On Apr 07, 2015
BraniacX:

Please try comparing the cost of fashola's lagos monorail project to the FG's railway line construction not rehabilitation in terms of cost/km then come back and tell me if fashola and thief-nubu are not the countries biggest thieves!!
Oga, that of Lagos is from the scratch while federal government is just rehabilitation.
Re: Don't Expect Miracles When I Assume Office, Buhari Tells Nigerians by BraniacX(m): 2:22pm On Apr 07, 2015
okotv:
Oga, that of Lagos is from the scratch while federal government is just rehabilitation.

Didn't you see me type construction not renovation?
Re: Don't Expect Miracles When I Assume Office, Buhari Tells Nigerians by BraniacX(m): 2:23pm On Apr 07, 2015
ebukaOtika:

Just to Dispose yourself to accept whatever that may come your way.,,,,,,,,,.,,,

It is called DEFENCE MECHANISM in Psychology.

Regale me..........

Defence

From

What
Re: Don't Expect Miracles When I Assume Office, Buhari Tells Nigerians by BraniacX(m): 2:24pm On Apr 07, 2015
afolag:

be sure you can differentiate being slow from oscillations. Light and fire sometimes......

And can you differentiate JESUS walking on water from a houdini trick
Re: Don't Expect Miracles When I Assume Office, Buhari Tells Nigerians by BraniacX(m): 2:25pm On Apr 07, 2015
OkikiOluwa1:
I know abt ya calculations.
Last Bullet
But I repeat, if them born Buhari well, make he fumble

He will and there is not a thing you can do about it

And that's the troubling part
Re: Don't Expect Miracles When I Assume Office, Buhari Tells Nigerians by Nobody: 2:28pm On Apr 07, 2015
foxxynik:

Just like he has said....we shouldn't expect miracles.... After much promises....I was told Buhari is the messiah...and messiah perform miracles.....
So waiting to see u cry!....
who are you for Godsake!!! You are waiting to see nigerians who followed due process stood in scorching sun and heavy down pour rain cry afterwards for choosing the right leader. It can't work.
# transparency+accountability
Re: Don't Expect Miracles When I Assume Office, Buhari Tells Nigerians by BraniacX(m): 2:28pm On Apr 07, 2015
kenny987:

You've got a long way to go...very long! Good thing u were able to see n get d gist of my post but whatever it is that has been eating at u has also blinded u to civility n decency. Well done.

My apologies, I just get irked easily nowadays, and I aim for blood of both friend and foes

Once Again, my apologies
Re: Don't Expect Miracles When I Assume Office, Buhari Tells Nigerians by BraniacX(m): 2:29pm On Apr 07, 2015
anonimi:

Thanks.

You're my guy, anything for you

1 Like

Re: Don't Expect Miracles When I Assume Office, Buhari Tells Nigerians by Nobody: 2:31pm On Apr 07, 2015
peeboy:
you promise to end insurgency during your campaign, now you won and you are saying you are not a magician.....what are you? a lier? or ....
magic don't happen with government proper planning and judicious use of resources make it happen. We shall let you experience transparency and accountability. #Godblessnigeria
Re: Don't Expect Miracles When I Assume Office, Buhari Tells Nigerians by okotv(m): 2:34pm On Apr 07, 2015
BraniacX:

Didn't you see me type construction not renovation?
show your proof for your statement
Re: Don't Expect Miracles When I Assume Office, Buhari Tells Nigerians by BraniacX(m): 2:35pm On Apr 07, 2015
okotv:
show your proof for your statement

I'll source for it
Re: Don't Expect Miracles When I Assume Office, Buhari Tells Nigerians by okotv(m): 2:37pm On Apr 07, 2015
BraniacX:

I'll source for it
waiting ...
Re: Don't Expect Miracles When I Assume Office, Buhari Tells Nigerians by Bollinger(m): 2:42pm On Apr 07, 2015
foxxynik:

Didn't GEJ ask Nigerians to be Honest and people still took bribe and made his administration a corrupt one? Who did we blame? Ofcoz GEJ!

Lol.... During GEJ's administration.... Everybody waited for GEJ to manage the country by itself.... And feed everyone with his own hands.... Even all the governors of different states expected GEJ to walk around the streets of each states to observe corruption and amend them!....
That there is a village in Bauchi that both humans and goats feed from one pond... And that GEJ let does ppl suffered without providing them a single bore-hole... Question is.... Don't they have l.g.a chairman? Why always blaming GEJ? When we knew that we would've been conducting civic responsibilities? Why are we thinking of this now? Yet this man talked about CHANGE! What is the different between CHANGE and TRANSFORMATION?
Abeg.... We'll fold our hands and wait for this old man to go about the cities and stop corruption!
Change my deeeeeeeeck!

I am sorry, but it is so hard to comprehend your post.
Re: Don't Expect Miracles When I Assume Office, Buhari Tells Nigerians by ArodeTsolaye: 3:05pm On Apr 07, 2015
Buhari is very unlucky to have come back in this digital age where people can not run away from statements they make.

The Internet is ever ready for documentation and safekeeping of all the promises you made. In 2019 we will crosscheck and take stocks against the promises you made. Except it becomes too hot for you that you forceully ban the internet, which won't surprise me anyway.

Igbo people say- Agbacha oso aguo miles. (At the end of every race, we'll sit down and count the miles and distances covered)
Re: Don't Expect Miracles When I Assume Office, Buhari Tells Nigerians by Nobody: 3:54pm On Apr 07, 2015
afolag:

who are you for Godsake!!! You are waiting to see nigerians who followed due process stood in scorching sun and heavy down pour rain cry afterwards for choosing the right leader. It can't work.
# transparency+accountability
Right leader indeed.... Mtchwwww... Time will tell...
Re: Don't Expect Miracles When I Assume Office, Buhari Tells Nigerians by Nobody: 4:05pm On Apr 07, 2015
foxxynik:

Right leader indeed.... Mtchwwww... Time will tell...
This was what I found in your wardrobe

I wouldn't say Mr President didn't think before he said what he did say on the media..... I'd say, it wasn't intentional....and this shouldn't be a campaign slangs for the opposition party!
If the opposition party is truly coming out for change...they should embark on their efforts to make these change stand out and speak out for them....
Re: Don't Expect Miracles When I Assume Office, Buhari Tells Nigerians by ebukaOtika(m): 5:06pm On Apr 07, 2015
BraniacX:

Regale me..........

Defence

From

What

From Us ofcos,,,, so that we will not bash him too hard since he has said all these things.

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

If You Want Jobs, Behave Yourselves - Buhari Tells Nigerian Youths (Video) / Ronnie Dankabo And Halima Sheriff's Pre-wedding Photos / Man Mentions Buhari, Jumps In River In Lagos (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.