Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,847 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:07 AM

Don't Expect Miracles When I Assume Office, Buhari Tells Nigerians - Politics (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Don't Expect Miracles When I Assume Office, Buhari Tells Nigerians (65351 Views)

Top 3 Things I Will Fix Before Leaving Office - Buhari / Don't Expect Change Overnight - Buhari Reiterates / "Nigerians Should Not Expect Miracles From Me When I Assume Power- Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Don't Expect Miracles When I Assume Office, Buhari Tells Nigerians by Onyi4live(m): 2:50pm On Apr 06, 2015
Change of tongue.. That's not what you promised us..

1 Like

Re: Don't Expect Miracles When I Assume Office, Buhari Tells Nigerians by appini: 2:51pm On Apr 06, 2015
Themandator:

Tinubu should thank his stars if after 6 months of the new government people still turn to him to get favour from Abuja....the people,the North, on whose behalf Buhari won the election will soon take over their 'thing'....Remember OBJ and Yaradua? rememeber Obj and Jonathan

No C in C will tolerate alternate power centre

Let's wait and see. Nice point though!
Re: Don't Expect Miracles When I Assume Office, Buhari Tells Nigerians by egobetatoday: 2:53pm On Apr 06, 2015
wakacome:
So if for example if olisa metuh should say something then it means goodluck jonathan must know about it??

what are u pple arguing back and forth over?
please we need to believe in this new government...please.

change we want and change we now have.

but Baba we are watching you in 3D.

it is to early to start changing mouth. nigerians are impatient beings and we are now ready to make our government accountable else we will Gej you out by 2019.

NO MORE PRANKS!
Re: Don't Expect Miracles When I Assume Office, Buhari Tells Nigerians by DonMaxxy(m): 2:54pm On Apr 06, 2015
Please Pals, accept the reality we but me, voted for. We needed change and forgot that change can come in two forms- from negative to positive or vice versa. In this case, we must accept change whether negative or positive.

As for me and my household, GEJ remains the best for now.

We have no share in the house of GMB.

To your tents O! Nigerians. Bear the lo
ss of GEJ till God brings in the anointed one who will salvage this country.

GEJ we miss you. Nigerians take heart!

1 Like

Re: Don't Expect Miracles When I Assume Office, Buhari Tells Nigerians by BraniacX(m): 3:05pm On Apr 06, 2015
afolag:

It takes more than just sitting down folding your hands, i believe nigerians are ready to go through the process. The much anticipated change starts with every individuals. A change to the way you think as a nigerian to the way you treat yourself and neighbours. This way we will all enjoy the dividends of democracy.
performing the civic responsibility,obeying the rules and regulations,lecturers stop taking bribes and asking for sex, e.t.c . Its going to be a bit difficult due to the present economic situation around the world. Its a collective effort and I believe we will get there.
We all have to be ready, its not only the government job.

Oh! I get it, under GEJ, it was the presidency's responsibility but now it is a collective responsibility under buhari abi?

#eyes_wide_open_watching_in_3D

1 Like

Re: Don't Expect Miracles When I Assume Office, Buhari Tells Nigerians by hamilton62(m): 3:07pm On Apr 06, 2015
Bollinger:

You do realize that the burden of success is on his shoulders as well as yours. If he implements a good strategy for cleaning up waste in Nigeria and you dump refuse on the streets, how is he to blame. If he asks that Nigerians be honest, and you offer and take bribe, how is he to blame? Making Nigeria is everyones responsibility.
Yes, I see you are right, making Nigeria positive is now everyone's responsibility ehhh?
Whose responsibility was it when change was in the air before now with huge crucifix on GEJ?
The yardstick of measurement is Nigeria-wise accepted, so he should be ready for the type of Nigerians and even worst GEJ experienced... Every Nigeria now is wiser and thanks to GEJ for the opportunity of a taste of real democracy and its dividence.

1 Like

Re: Don't Expect Miracles When I Assume Office, Buhari Tells Nigerians by egobetatoday: 3:08pm On Apr 06, 2015
voltron:
General Muhhamadu Buhari. We do not expect miracles from a professor much less an illiterate MALLAM like yourself. Just grow a spine in that arthritis back of yours and ignore TINUBU while you take on just one of your promises faithfully. Nigerians won't hate you if you fulfill 1 out of 10 promises rather than zero

you must be kidding!!

10% is pass mark to you? Then why do u think we wanted change? so that we can come back to 10% from about 50%?
ok i understand... you may have just woken up from bed.

75% or more. Nothing less.

please GMB deliver on your promises ELSE...

NOTE that we wont be treating our leaders with kid gloves anymore... NEVER!

1 Like

Re: Don't Expect Miracles When I Assume Office, Buhari Tells Nigerians by BraniacX(m): 3:08pm On Apr 06, 2015
wakacome:
Oh so lai mohammed is now the buhari you mentioned earlier?or the incoming president??

And did buhari refute that claim before the election? So it is now that it is convenient for him to deny it abi?

1 Like

Re: Don't Expect Miracles When I Assume Office, Buhari Tells Nigerians by sylve11: 3:10pm On Apr 06, 2015
major466:

Do you know the meaning of the sentence: Don't Expect Miracles?

this gat me loling grin grin Kai! u don finish this man grin cool

1 Like

Re: Don't Expect Miracles When I Assume Office, Buhari Tells Nigerians by Bollinger(m): 3:10pm On Apr 06, 2015
hamilton62:

Yes, I see you are right, making Nigeria positive is now everyone's responsibility ehhh?
Whose responsibility was it when change was in the air before now with huge crucifix on GEJ?
The yardstick of measurement is Nigeria-wise accepted, so he should be ready for the type of Nigerians and even worst GEJ experienced... Every Nigeria now is wiser and thanks to GEJ for the opportunity of a taste of real democracy and its dividence.

And your point is?
Re: Don't Expect Miracles When I Assume Office, Buhari Tells Nigerians by BraniacX(m): 3:11pm On Apr 06, 2015
wakacome:
So if for example if olisa metuh should say something then it means goodluck jonathan must know about it??
No, but when he does, and does not agree, he is expected to refute it
Re: Don't Expect Miracles When I Assume Office, Buhari Tells Nigerians by sapientia(m): 3:11pm On Apr 06, 2015
But you were voted massively because of the Miracles.. Kai Baba
Re: Don't Expect Miracles When I Assume Office, Buhari Tells Nigerians by egobetatoday: 3:17pm On Apr 06, 2015
caprini1:
I will advice the President elect to face Electricity and Security with everything in him ,others will fall in place at the right time.

i hope this 'right time' falls within 4 yrs?

NIGERIANS ARE NOT SMILING ANYMORE OO.
Re: Don't Expect Miracles When I Assume Office, Buhari Tells Nigerians by anigold(m): 3:23pm On Apr 06, 2015
darlenese:

Lol, dat got me rolling, grin loving ur Chinese

seems u are chi-ing chom ching..
Buhari over to you,now you must do your job by protecting the 6 pieces of meats(6 political zones) in the pot of soup(NIGERIA) in the presence of "professional-meats thievers"(corrupt politicians)..
Re: Don't Expect Miracles When I Assume Office, Buhari Tells Nigerians by BraniacX(m): 3:23pm On Apr 06, 2015
jaybee3:

Having realistic expectations is different from lowering expectations

Yet reality isn't a currency APC supporters were or are ready to trade in under GEJ, so we won't be realistic with GMB, we want our miracles

1 Like

Re: Don't Expect Miracles When I Assume Office, Buhari Tells Nigerians by Bonuwa: 3:25pm On Apr 06, 2015
GOD HELP US
Re: Don't Expect Miracles When I Assume Office, Buhari Tells Nigerians by anigold(m): 3:26pm On Apr 06, 2015
I was checking Guinness book of records I noticed that PRESIDENT GOODLUCK JONATHAN is currently the most insulted president ever online...

GEJ Is my man of the century...
Re: Don't Expect Miracles When I Assume Office, Buhari Tells Nigerians by egobetatoday: 3:30pm On Apr 06, 2015
my amiable in coming president

please get serious!

this is not your farm of 150 cows.

Nigeria is in another dispensation now.

NOTE THAT I WILL PUT A NICE FRAME ON THOSE YOUR PROMISES...stabilizing world oil price, 20000 megawatts of electricity etc HANG IN MY PALOUR AND TICK AS YOU ACT ON THEM.

THIS IS NO JOKE!

The truth is that nigerians are tired of this hide and seek game. that was why we voted you in. please dont put us to shame bikonu.

1 Like

Re: Don't Expect Miracles When I Assume Office, Buhari Tells Nigerians by DaBullIT(m): 3:34pm On Apr 06, 2015
ozoigbondu:

75% wetin.....we were promised 100% achievement by pa buhari and his e-gladiators and we must get 100% implementation by the daura born magician especially that N1=$1.Excuses is not allowed

Despite the fact that i literally detest Barcanista for his last minute party switch, arrogance in the comments he made after PDP's defeat and all , I still cant help but admire his maturity and understanding , Your Otuoke Bingo did not achieve 10 % but we know he's emptied the treasury, shey na your shitte Buhari wan use do 100% , Anybody who wants to criticize someone else would have a record in hand , Your GEJ's record is a fail

I am not expecting 100% from Buhari , especially not in 4 years , but im damn well sure he'll achieve more than 80% , we've seen thier manifesto, we've seen their governors perform and i can tell you confidently that Buhari will make a difference

that said , Your GEJ is still CinC , why is Borno and northern states being bombed almost on daily basis ? He's lost the election , we've all known that the crack down on Boko Haram Militants using mercenaries from South Africa and other countries was a farce, Tell your Oga that he's still Oga until may 29 , Let him save the north as opposed to unleashing vengeance on them
Re: Don't Expect Miracles When I Assume Office, Buhari Tells Nigerians by BraniacX(m): 3:37pm On Apr 06, 2015
bigbams24:

Two things:

1. 4 years is never going to be enough to fix a lot of the issues wrong with this country. But the thing is, all what we can ask for is to see progress in all aspects. Then they won't need to spend billions on campaign because we will want them to continue with the progress.

2. Most of the people who will react negatively to these statements are the sore losers who followed GEJ to his political grave. If you want to be objective enough, you'd know that no miracle is expected of any single government no matter what they said before entering. We didn't chase GEJ out because he didn't perform miracles as his supporters always want to believe. We sent him packing because he wasn't progressing the country in any way that impacts the people's lives and he was both inept and corrupt at the same time. None of those who voted him out will regret it because if GMB fails, we'll just as well send him packing again. So stop the taunts about what they promised and what we are going to see. GEJ had 6 years, 4 years isn't too much to give someone else.

Who's we

Speak for yourself alone though I wouldn't totally disagree with your argument, i'll only add to it with my theory that most people who voted for him who were not of the hausa/fulani extraction did it because the then opposition made arguments to the belief that GEJ could not perform miracles because he was inept and his administration was corrupt. Now that GMB's incoming government will be allegedly astute and incorrupt, it is logical for Nigerians to expect him to deliver those miracles that GEJ could not deliver because of his shortcomings
Re: Don't Expect Miracles When I Assume Office, Buhari Tells Nigerians by anwo247: 3:43pm On Apr 06, 2015
Please buhari, stop this joke.

Pls stop.

1 Like

Re: Don't Expect Miracles When I Assume Office, Buhari Tells Nigerians by Osakah24(m): 3:45pm On Apr 06, 2015
Bollinger:

Are you serious? By your statement you are encouraging law breaking in order to raise revenue. And one id.io.t liked that post. Anyway, the point of my post is for everyone to have their hand on deck to effect change in Nigeria. A policeman is an individual and part of a whole. He needs to refuse giving and taking bribes. If everyone does that, then we might start seeing change. Even if you make Jesus the president of Nigeria, he will not achieve squat if the people he puts in different positions are corrupt. That is my point.
No one encourages people to break laws by nature, man is rebellious,any law is as good as as useless if not enforced.dont bring JESUS into this because many countries are doing it and they are getting results,if you are caught traficking drugs in china,ur purnishment is death,why do people still do it?,and is china not waiting for people to co-operate?.you are the one that isnt making sense here.
Re: Don't Expect Miracles When I Assume Office, Buhari Tells Nigerians by BraniacX(m): 3:47pm On Apr 06, 2015
digitalembrace:

Yeah I believe that's actually the GOT quote of Ned to his kid.

Brandon the warg whiteseer, the three eyed raven, the direwolf who will fly grin
Re: Don't Expect Miracles When I Assume Office, Buhari Tells Nigerians by BraniacX(m): 3:49pm On Apr 06, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:
Those of you that voted massively for Jonathan even after he said he would toll your vehicle when he finished constructing the Second Niger Bridge, don't expect the miracle of Buhari constructing it without you being tolled.

Is this the best retort you can come up with? undecided

Am disappointed
Re: Don't Expect Miracles When I Assume Office, Buhari Tells Nigerians by kronaldo4life(m): 3:55pm On Apr 06, 2015
After all the fumble, make Nigerians no expect miracle from you.... chai...there is God ooo [ shocked

1 Like

Re: Don't Expect Miracles When I Assume Office, Buhari Tells Nigerians by Themandator: 3:58pm On Apr 06, 2015
wakacome:
Now you are the one sounding more like a toddler,so when okupe and FFK made so many promises before the election why didn't jonathan refute those claims??this is politics,politics is a game.....

And why would you just refute statements from people you commissioned to speak on your behalf when they spoke in line with your position and that of your party?
Re: Don't Expect Miracles When I Assume Office, Buhari Tells Nigerians by Themandator: 4:02pm On Apr 06, 2015
rusher14:

https://www.nairaland.com/1442142/amaechis-schools-vs-akpabios-schools

Might be of help.

I know both states...Amaechi might have built more fanciful schools but when it comes to all round development he is a learner comapred to Akpabio....Akwa Ibom state developmemt under Akpabio goes beyond planting flowers or partitioning existing roads in the name of dual carriage ways...His work is pervasive.

Visit both states...leave Uyo for other places like IK
Re: Don't Expect Miracles When I Assume Office, Buhari Tells Nigerians by Themandator: 4:04pm On Apr 06, 2015
DaBullIT:

Despite the fact that i literally detest Barcanista for his last minute party switch, arrogance in the comments he made after PDP's defeat and all , I still cant help but admire his maturity and understanding , Your Otuoke Bingo did not achieve 10 % but we know he's emptied the treasury, shey na your shitte Buhari wan use do 100% , Anybody who wants to criticize someone else would have a record in hand , Your GEJ's record is a fail

I am not expecting 100% from Buhari , especially not in 4 years , but im damn well sure he'll achieve more than 80% , we've seen thier manifesto, we've seen their governors perform and i can tell you confidently that Buhari will make a difference

that said , Your GEJ is still CinC , why is Borno and northern states being bombed almost on daily basis ? He's lost the election , we've all known that the crack down on Boko Haram Militants using mercenaries from South Africa and other countries was a farce, Tell your Oga that he's still Oga until may 29 , Let him save the north as opposed to unleashing vengeance on them

By May 29th 2016, all of Jonathan's achievement would have been over restated by disgruntled APC member.
Re: Don't Expect Miracles When I Assume Office, Buhari Tells Nigerians by BraniacX(m): 4:05pm On Apr 06, 2015
mbulela:

How can you be gullible enough to expect a miracle?
All I expect is that governance at the center will no longer be business as usual.
That is the only CHANGE i voted for.

Thank GOD you stressed the "i" there. Gullible or not, miracles were promised, now the onus is on those who promised miracles to deliver because we are definitely going to collect our dues
Re: Don't Expect Miracles When I Assume Office, Buhari Tells Nigerians by Bollinger(m): 4:08pm On Apr 06, 2015
Osakah24:
No one encourages people to break laws by nature, man is rebellious,any law is as good as as useless if not enforced.dont bring JESUS into this because many countries are doing it and they are getting results,if you are caught traficking drugs in china,ur purnishment is death,why do people still do it?,and is china not waiting for people to co-operate?.you are the one that isnt making sense here.

No one said crime doesn't exist in every country, but your arguement was that law breaking should be seen as a source of revenue. You are delibrately side stepping the issue which is, everyone is responsible for the change that Nigerians so desperately needs.
Re: Don't Expect Miracles When I Assume Office, Buhari Tells Nigerians by BraniacX(m): 4:11pm On Apr 06, 2015
Bollinger:

You do realize that the burden of success is on his shoulders as well as yours. If he implements a good strategy for cleaning up waste in Nigeria and you dump refuse on the streets, how is he to blame. If he asks that Nigerians be honest, and you offer and take bribe, how is he to blame? Making Nigeria is everyones responsibility.

Funny, okay not so funny angry I don't remember APC asking such precise ang specific questions from GEJ's government
Re: Don't Expect Miracles When I Assume Office, Buhari Tells Nigerians by Nobody: 4:15pm On Apr 06, 2015
The long awaited change has finally arrived.

The change is right here with us.

Look somebody should whisper to this man that he promised us "miracle" during his campaign because 80% of APC campaign promises can only be achieve through miracle.

So to perform them, he has to perform miracle as promised.

Or else what go and ask GEJ what happened to him in 2015 presidential election if he will be able to tell you because what will happen to you will be more.

Very soon he clear us for eyes "fiam" like say na magic because no body go fit perform magic to change this country with the like of OBJ, Tunubu, Bode George, FFK, Atiku, Ameachi, lots of PDP n APC cabal to numerous to mention here still in the politic.

Buhari n GEJ are both good men with good intention but the same way GEJ didn't get to presidency but through PDP so also is Buhari Through APC, now tell me with the kind of people in the parties what can the president really do without them. Until we begin to implement our anti-corruption laws squarely, EFCC becomes autonomy, police change their mentality, citizenry change their attitude on so on n on......

Nigeria will continue to remain this way.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

Transcript Of President Tinubu's Speech On The Current Economic Challenges / Abolaji Ajimobi And Fatima Ganduje Wedding In Kano. 11 Governors Attend / Nigerian Soldiers Display Buhari 4+4 Sign (Pictured)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.