Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,036 members, 7,825,256 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 10:15 AM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (1292) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3036924 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1289) (1290) (1291) (1292) (1293) (1294) (1295) ... (2201) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by ugo4u: 8:43pm On Jul 16, 2020
If I am the COAS my next objective will be looking for ways to generate income for the army. Yes the army isn't supposed to be a revenue generating body, but in times like this when the political class are not doing enough, it's left for the army to look for ingenious ways to raise money not necessarily to buy weapons of war(as this is going to be almost difficult putting into cognizance the prohibitive cost of weaponry) such venture should be embarked upon and proceeds used to setup a dedicated account to cater for the welfare of soldiers which is to include but not limited to rehabilitation of barracks/provision of amenities, scholarships for wards/children of personnels especially the NCOs, well equipped army hospitals that have the capacity to carry-out complex operations, give support (Prosthetics)to injured soldiers e.g amputees, cancer treatment, etc and even life insurance.
There are many ways the army can raise money, they can go into bigtime production of everyday items like Bottled water, Bread, snacks, full scale mechanised farming/agriculture etc, as a professional institution with different departments like engineering, Finance they should bid for contracts for road construction, mining, building bridges, Real estates, and even buying shares in companies. This may seem to be going off mark to the main objective of the military but we can't keep relying on pitiable budgets to cater for the needs of the army.
The NAF have may businesses(side hussles) from which they earn good money it's part of the reason they have one of the best welfare for their officers/men, e.g They have Plazas they rent to outsiders, their hospital also cater for civilians for a fee, infact one of the best hospitals in Kaduna and inextension the north is the aeromedical centre run by NAF. They have an independent engineering company, they have revenue generating institutions, I won't be surprised if they even have oil bloc with the way this CAS is commissioning confirm projects, sending young officers enmass for training both home/abroad and the many pecks of office they get aside their basic pay, and they have not even suffered quarter of what the army have gone through in this Insurgency and you people are still wandering why army personnel think Airforce guys are just flexing.
If some of these can be implemented, atleast many barrack children wives of soldiers and officers will be gainfully employed.
I wish the army authorities will look into this I know there have been attempts in the past to boost IGR I believe we can take it a notch higher. Desperate times requires desperate measures.

Modified
They can also collaborate will nollywood to produce high budget action movies telling the stories of the war, heroics of the soldeirs etc against the insurgents. This can be another money spinner.

11 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 9:49pm On Jul 16, 2020
ugo4u:

Modified
They can also collaborate will nollywood to produce high budget action movies telling the stories of the war, heroics of the soldeirs etc against the insurgents. This can be another money spinner.
This is the only option that will not soon turn Generals to General Managers.

The onus is on the DHQ & Ministry of Defence to find a way out. All this disjoint radarada will only get us so far

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by ugo4u: 10:21pm On Jul 16, 2020
Odunayaw:
This is the only option that will not soon turn Generals to General Managers.

The onus is on the DHQ & Ministry of Defence to find a way out. All this disjoint radarada will only get us so far

Retired senior officers/competent civilians can be hired to run it just like any other private firm with yearly audit. Once there are solid structures corruption can be contained.
It's possible, NAF personnels no get two heads na. I even know of one of NAFs subsidiaries senior NAF officers and some civilians are board members, quarterly external auditors are hired to audit the coy. If anybody touch N1 it will be traced.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by walemoney007(m): 10:33pm On Jul 16, 2020
ugo4u:

Modified
There was a time the Chinese military was also running all those business you listed up there, in fact they were running a kindergarten Lol. Xi Jimping told them to close everything down and focus more on fighting. So I think the Nigerian military should focus more on fighting too.

7 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 10:41pm On Jul 16, 2020
NA-HQ Loses Senior Officer, Lt. Col. Adedoyin, To Illness In Katsina.

Lt. Col Adedoyin, who was attached to Army Operation SAHEL SANITY, died on Thursday at the Special Super Camp IV Faskari, Katsina State.

R.I.P.

5 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 11:03pm On Jul 16, 2020
Military has no business being in business .

13 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Kalapizim(m): 11:32pm On Jul 16, 2020
ugo4u:
If I am the COAS my next objective will be looking for ways to generate income for the army. Yes the army isn't supposed to be a revenue generating body, but in times like this when the political class are not doing enough, it's left for the army to look for ingenious ways to raise money not necessarily to buy weapons of war(as this is going to be almost difficult putting into cognizance the prohibitive cost of weaponry) such venture should be embarked upon and proceeds used to setup a dedicated account to cater for the welfare of soldiers which is to include but not limited to rehabilitation of barracks/provision of amenities, scholarships for wards/children of personnels especially the NCOs, well equipped army hospitals that have the capacity to carry-out complex operations, give support (Prosthetics)to injured soldiers e.g amputees, cancer treatment, etc and even life insurance.
There are many ways the army can raise money, they can go into bigtime production of everyday items like Bottled water, Bread, snacks, full scale mechanised farming/agriculture etc, as a professional institution with different departments like engineering, Finance they should bid for contracts for road construction, mining, building bridges, Real estates, and even buying shares in companies. This may seem to be going off mark to the main objective of the military but we can't keep relying on pitiable budgets to cater for the needs of the army.
The NAF have may businesses(side hussles) from which they earn good money it's part of the reason they have one of the best welfare for their officers/men, e.g They have Plazas they rent to outsiders, their hospital also cater for civilians for a fee, infact one of the best hospitals in Kaduna and inextension the north is the aeromedical centre run by NAF. They have an independent engineering company, they have revenue generating institutions, I won't be surprised if they even have oil bloc with the way this CAS is commissioning confirm projects, sending young officers enmass for training both home/abroad and the many pecks of office they get aside their basic pay, and they have not even suffered quarter of what the army have gone through in this Insurgency and you people are still wandering why army personnel think Airforce guys are just flexing.
If some of these can be implemented, atleast many barrack children wives of soldiers and officers will be gainfully employed.
I wish the army authorities will look into this I know there have been attempts in the past to boost IGR I believe we can take it a notch higher. Desperate times requires desperate measures.

Modified
NA already has these businesses, from bread, water botting and plazas too. What I don't know is if they are sufficient enough to sustain.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by GabrielYulaw(m): 11:39pm On Jul 16, 2020
nemesis8u:
Military has no business being in business .

Hope you have told the Egyptian, Chinese, and Pakistani militaries. I'm sure they didn't get the memo wink

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SamuelAnyawu(m): 11:50pm On Jul 16, 2020
Bokoharam attacking Monguno over an hour now cool

Stay safe my friends

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Tobiloba2407: 2:06am On Jul 17, 2020
SamuelAnyawu:
Bokoharam attacking Monguno over an hour now cool

Stay safe my friends

Why can't we be the ones always attacking these Bht?

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SamuelAnyawu(m): 4:30am On Jul 17, 2020
Tobiloba2407:

Tho I heard they have been Repelled.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 4:44am On Jul 17, 2020
GabrielYulaw:

Hope you have told the Egyptian, Chinese, and Pakistani militaries. I'm sure they didn't get the memo wink

The irony

You ended up giving some of the apt examples why " Military has no business being in business "

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by ugo4u: 4:49am On Jul 17, 2020
Tobiloba2407:

Make them go enter IED abi? as long as those useless lightskin Hilux are our primary patrol vehicle expect the army to always thread with caution. If they lose their men media will pounce on them, let them kuku be playing safe, the past two weeks have been horrible for the military, the ambushes weren't as a result of we being defensive most atimes the soldiers initiate an offensive and either on there way to contact point or after the said operations they run into trouble of hitting mines.
The issue is now can't DICON partner with our higher institutions, Innoson, Proforce to build a sensor fitted in a car that can detect a mine/IED from say 50m ahead.

7 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SamuelAnyawu(m): 4:54am On Jul 17, 2020
ugo4u:

Make them go enter IED abi? as long as those useless lightskin Hilux are our primary patrol vehicle expect the army to always thread with caution. If they lose their men media will pounce on them, let them kuku be playing safe, the past two weeks have been horrible for the military, the ambushes weren't as a result of we being defensive most atimes the soldiers initiate an offensive and either on there way to contact point or after the said operations they run into trouble of hitting mines.
The issue is now can't DICON partner with our higher institutions, Innoson, Proforce to build a sensor fitted in a car that can detect a mine/IED from say 50m ahead.

Can we give them a hot chase immediately we notice they are trying to withdraw?

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by ugo4u: 5:30am On Jul 17, 2020
SamuelAnyawu:

Can we give them a hot chase immediately we notice they are trying to withdraw?
It could be a trap for an ambush, this is also a well-known tactics employed by terrorists. For me if we can't get the right equipments to prosecute this war we have to thread with caution especially wrt to be on an all out offensive, if anything goes wrong the outcome will be fatal, in such situations this is where the NAF and drones can play a greater role. We can't be fighting terrorists using the same vehicles and guns with them and expect a too fantastic result, most atimes our soldiers defeating Bokoharam in a battle is because of their superior fighting technic, they almost use same guns and vehicles as the terrorists. If they're a notch higher in weapons than Bokoharam it will be game over for BHT.
The mobile police unit fighting Bokoharam effortlessly are well equipped they move around in APCs and not ordinary trucks NGOs and Soldiers are using.

7 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Jimi24: 6:42am On Jul 17, 2020
walemoney007:
There was a time the Chinese military was also running all those business you listed up there, in fact they were running a kindergarten Lol. Xi Jimping told them to close everything down and focus more on fighting. So I think the Nigerian military should focus more on fighting too.

Amateurish idea, Armies going into business. It has been tried everywhere, that's what makes it amateurish. Hitler's SŠ had companies. The Nigerian Army is running quite a few commercial entities as we speak. All these just distract and can corrupt the Generals. The NA can make billions from their drug manufacturing labs, the armored vehicle factories can generate billions. Some of the best working ventilators in Nigeria for COVID19 are made by NAF. Everyone knows what is possible but everyone knows that they will weaken the fighting edge of the military
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 7:42am On Jul 17, 2020
#Chad:

#ISWAP captured 6x Galil ACE 33, RPG-7 with 6x T69-1 w/ motors, along w/ Type 67 MG (67-1/2 likely) in an ambush on the road between Kegua & Ngouboua, from Chadian (Airborne/FAS?) troops.

Multiple cas. in this attack. The ACE 33 are quite rare and status weapons for IS.

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by ugo4u: 8:05am On Jul 17, 2020
bidexiii:
#Chad:

#ISWAP captured 6x Galil ACE 33, RPG-7 with 6x T69-1 w/ motors, along w/ Type 67 MG (67-1/2 likely) in an ambush on the road between Kegua & Ngouboua, from Chadian (Airborne/FAS?) troops.

Multiple cas. in this attack. The ACE 33 are quite rare and status weapons for IS.
These guys ain't ragtag at all.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SamuelAnyawu(m): 8:07am On Jul 17, 2020
bidexiii:
#Chad:

Clean Weapons shocked
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 8:13am On Jul 17, 2020
SamuelAnyawu:

Clean Weapons shocked
it's becoming something else I feel they are planning something big oo.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 8:36am On Jul 17, 2020
Tobiloba2407:

Every attack and this question comes and the whole thread goes into a long drawn conflict. Abeg we don tire

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 8:38am On Jul 17, 2020
Odunayaw:
Every attack and this question comes and the whole thread goes into a long drawn conflict. Abeg we don tire
it should just end like dis abeg grin grin
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 8:41am On Jul 17, 2020
bidexiii:
#Chad:

Popular cry

where was the Chadian Airforce

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 8:42am On Jul 17, 2020
Odunayaw:
Popular cry

where was the Chadian Airforce
you want to start what u can't finish abi
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 8:43am On Jul 17, 2020
NA EZUGWU

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 8:44am On Jul 17, 2020
Toju200:

Mate it’s going to be way too big !
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SamuelAnyawu(m): 8:51am On Jul 17, 2020
Toju200:

Both Nigeria and Chad needs to act fast in the Lake Chad Basin area.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 8:59am On Jul 17, 2020
SamuelAnyawu:

Both Nigeria and Chad needs to act fast in the Lake Chad Basin area.
very fast cos if these guys can try attempted infiltration in Monguno and Ambush Possibly a SF unit of Chad..
It's not ordinary at all

Cameroon and niger has been Quite why is that tho I'm not praying for anything to happen to them but the silence it's unlikely.
Nigeria and Chad are the ones taking the heat
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SamuelAnyawu(m): 9:29am On Jul 17, 2020
Toju200:
very fast cos if these guys can try attempted infiltration in Monguno and Ambush Possibly a SF unit of Chad..
It's not ordinary at all

Cameroon and niger has been Quite why is that tho I'm not praying for anything to happen to them but the silence it's unlikely.
Nigeria and Chad are the ones taking the heat

Their areas are not so deadly. Cameroon areas with Nigeria got Bokoharam and not ISWAP.

Tho lately there has been some confusion on ISWAP and JAS held areas. For Instance the Damboa ambushes some claim its ISWAP while others say its JAS. But the truth is that ISWAP ansd JAS is made up of several AMIR/Commanders who can decide to switch their loyalty to any faction. I heard for instance the Amir that attacked Monguno previously and yesterdays night was given the mandate that if he takes over Monguno he might be given the overall head position of ISWAP and that is why he is so adamant.

Too many stories here jare grin grin
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by komekn(m): 9:41am On Jul 17, 2020
ugo4u:

Retired senior officers/competent civilians can be hired to run it just like any other private firm with yearly audit. Once there are solid structures corruption can be contained.
It's possible, NAF personnels no get two heads na. I even know of one of NAFs subsidiaries senior NAF officers and some civilians are board members, quarterly external auditors are hired to audit the coy. If anybody touch N1 it will be traced.

Algeria army heavily involved in civil engineering roads and heavy infrastructure projects.

The NA has the capacity but is not patronised l suspect that it's not going to be easy for over inflation and kick backs.

In many regards if you use the NA for road construction it will be way cheaper, accountable and transparent. And all those nonsensical demands for community payments deve will simply be non existent .

Finally, who wants to owe the NA money after they have completed a contract.

6 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by komekn(m): 10:05am On Jul 17, 2020
Toju200:

All these attacks around Maiduguri seems like they are testing the defences for something bigger.

Unfortunately in the context of Nigeria being forewarned does not necessarily translate to being forearmed and prepared.

Everybody could see after Boko were uprooted in Chad where they were going too. But what did we do.

The spate of ambushes and attacks are no longer what can be ignored.

5 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by komekn(m): 10:09am On Jul 17, 2020
Deviation from main topic

Just noticed the defence industry in the UK has developed a more advanced UAV than the USA Reaper UAV. And contracts have been awarded for 3 initially at £65 million.

A pointer on how important UAV technology is becoming in modern warfare. Particularly woth a 40 hour endurance.

See below.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1289) (1290) (1291) (1292) (1293) (1294) (1295) ... (2201) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.