Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,349 members, 7,846,511 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 05:20 PM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (1323) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3057521 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1320) (1321) (1322) (1323) (1324) (1325) (1326) ... (2203) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Tobiloba2407: 12:43pm On Aug 06, 2020
bidexiii:

Tell me where the lie his ?
And I doubt you lying that you’re soldier and did I ever told you am a soldier ?
Has I said earlier on there are plenty platforms you can get your authentic news from the N.E from !

Stop throwing smoke!!!
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by ugo4u: 12:46pm On Aug 06, 2020
timay:

i know someone will come up with the trump policy excuse.

Me I'm just waiting for trump to loose the election. So that that excuse will stop . May be by then you guys will see that US are gradually loosing their grip on the global level, no thanks to the Russia - China cooperation.
Even if he loses it will only get worst, both the Dems and Rep have similar foreign policies.
It's just that the Dems are Wolves in Sheep's clothing, while Rep are Wolves in Wolves clothing.
America still has the greatest alliances in the world. More than half of Europe will do their bidding, Asian Tigers excluding China are some of their strongest allies. How will China now sustain and survive an economic war with An America that has India, S.Korea, Japan, Indonesia, Taiwan and even Pakistan as ally.
Make we dey see as e dey go sha

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Tobiloba2407: 12:50pm On Aug 06, 2020
timay:

US sanctions are becoming useless day after day. Everyone is now calling the bluff of Uncle Sam and giving no f**ks grin

Weapons deals with Russia sanctions, by USA is the reason our remaining mi35 m haven't been delivered, India disregarded the USA and got their weapons from Russia, Egypt is doing the same.....I think Nigeria is been a good boy, so our super tucano would be delivered, and then get the remaining mi35m...this international politics is really something else, it also a proof that self sufficient is a must, we are in a state of war on multiple fronts and see what we are dealing with.

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 1:38pm On Aug 06, 2020

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by timay(m): 1:43pm On Aug 06, 2020
Tobiloba2407:

I must say, Egypt getting both the rafale and su35 is a master stroke...especially if the rafale came with the meteor missile and spectra electronic pod. India just got some, at the price of over 200 million for a piece, and they immediately started poking their middle fingers to China.
I think India needs to calm down, their whole military is basically imported, and can't survive a 7 month attrition war with China.....but the writing on the wall seems USA and France, are using them as stooges to undermine China.

Instead of India to focus on their economy and continue to grow it like they have been doing in the past years, they are allowing themselves to be used by the west to fight China. Something that is not sustainable for them

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Whyem15: 1:48pm On Aug 06, 2020
Many people here know little about things happening in Latin America in the past few years, from Brazil to Venezuela to Bolivia and many other countries. Evo Morales is still in Mexico where he ran too and Bolivia's national battery production company has been sold to American companies. All the countries lithium are now to be extracted by such companies. If not for Russia and the loyalty of some Venezuelan military officers, that country would have also fallen victim to capitalism.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 1:50pm On Aug 06, 2020
bidexiii:
Watch grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2Pb4JVQvNc
the UGV I was talking about that thing need serious I mean make them start from the starting grin
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Whyem15: 1:59pm On Aug 06, 2020
China's belt and road initiative isn't for fun and BRICS isn't also. What do you think will happen when Russia and China stop using dollars for transactions? US sanctions is even helping them further. Already, the likes of swift, mastercard and Visa already has alternatives and to a lesser degree competitors from Russia and China.
US government has tried several times and failed to lobby/pressure German government to stop the Nord stream 2 pipeline project with Russia. What do you think will happen when it is completed? Europe will have a far cheaper natural gas alternative to America's overpriced gas.
An American oil company has recently gotten "license" from SDF rebels to drill and sell Syria's oil in territories controlled by the SDF. This is the reason why trump was keeping and protecting the oil.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 2:02pm On Aug 06, 2020
#DHQUpdate #PressRelease

TROOPS OF OPERATION DELTA SAFE RAID PIRATES/MILITANTS CAMP AT TUKUGBENE AYAMA IN SOUTHERN IJAW LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF BAYELSA STATE

1. Troops of Operation DELTA SAFE acting on actionable and credible intelligence on a suspected pirate/sea robber gang leader one Mr LANRE mounted surveillance on the suspect who came into town from Port Harcourt with one AYI ABUH also a notorious Kidnapper/pirate. Subsequently, troops conducted a raid operation of the pirates' camp at Tukugbene-Ayama ijaw LGA Bayelsa State on 4 Aug 20.

2. The operation was aimed at extracting LANRE and AYI ABUH as well as other members of the gang from the community. Upon arrival at the personal jetty of the suspect, troops met heavy resistance from harassing gun fire from pirates/militants in 5 boats that approached from adjoining creek. The overwhelming fire power of own troops led to the forceful withdrawal of the pirates/militants with various degree of gunshots wounds. The gallant troops sustained the fire fight until 5 of the pirates/militants were neutralised ashore.

3. Furthermore, three of the attacking boats were sunk while the occupants with various degrees of gunshots wounds escaped into the river. In the process, troops recovered 3 boats from the pirates. Additionally, own troops took over the jetty and advance to the objective area which was empty. It was believed that while the exchange of fire was ongoing LANRE and AYI ABUH escaped. A complete cordon and search was carried out on the building where the suspects were believed to be residing and thereafter the building was cleared. In the process, troops recovered 3 AK47 rifles with a magazine, two 200 HP Yamaha outbound engines and three 115HP Yamaha outbound engines.

4. Relatedly, troops acting on credible and actionable intelligence about a notorious criminal/kidnapper and oil thief popularly known as AKALAMI High Chief AKA SAMMY. Troops swiftly mobilized to conduct raid operation at his identified hideout along Mbiama East West road. During the operation, the kingpin was neutralised while attempting to escape. Items including a localliy made pistol and cartridges were recovered from the criminal. Sammy is reported to be a close ally to a notorious criminal known as VIP suspected to be one of the masterminds of the killing of 5 Battalion Soldiers around East West road.

5. The Military High Command congratulates the gallant troops for their dexterity and encourages them to remain resolute in curtailing the activities of pirates/militants in the Niger Delta region of the country.

JOHN ENENCHE
Major General
Coordinator
Defence Media Operations
Defence Headquarters
5 August 2020.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 2:03pm On Aug 06, 2020
More

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Whyem15: 2:03pm On Aug 06, 2020
Toju200:
the UGV I was talking about that thing need serious I mean make them start from the starting grin
Yeah true, Nigeria's APC/MRAPs production also started like this. Look at the igirigi and then compare to Ezugwu or Ara. UAV project also started like this. This should be the first prototype, I'm sure they will improve on it, I wish they will partner with private companies so as to be able to sustain and hasten the project.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 2:06pm On Aug 06, 2020
Tobiloba2407:

Stop throwing smoke!!!

Nop you shouldn’t undecided
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SamuelAnyawu(m): 2:07pm On Aug 06, 2020
GeneralFarouq:

Maiduguri, samuel may need someone to keep him company there lol

I'm currently in Amchide Market Cameroon and would move over to Banki Nigeria in 30mins time grin grin

Who wan join me here grin

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Tobiloba2407: 2:34pm On Aug 06, 2020
bidexiii:

Nop you should undecided

It's you copying people's write ups and posting it like you are an incredible spy, with contacts for all the first hand information and lying that you served in the north east, my friend, stop throwing smoke....is that clear?

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 2:34pm On Aug 06, 2020
#RANDOM

5 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 2:52pm On Aug 06, 2020
Tobiloba2407:

It's you copying people's write ups and posting it like you are an incredible spy, with contacts for all the first hand information and lying that you served in the north east, my friend, stop throwing smoke....is that clear?

[/b] grin shocked grin
I know You lack comprehension.
I never told you I served in the north east or stated it categorically grin And have been careful because nuisances like you that would land someone into trouble.
Secondly I agree of using people’s post sometimes on social media but I can bet it most of them have used my most times without number.
Now if you’re one of them, go Bleep yourselves ! Accusations you leveled of which most of them are 100% guilty of ![b]

7 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Tobiloba2407: 3:10pm On Aug 06, 2020
bidexiii:

[/b] grin shocked grin
I know You lack comprehension.
I never told you I served in the north east or stated it categorically grin And have been careful because nuisances like you that would land someone into trouble.
Secondly I agree of using people’s post sometimes on social media but I can bet it most of them have used my most times without number.
Now if you’re one of them, go Bleep yourselves ! Accusations you leveled of which most of them are 100% guilty of ![b]

You said you never stated "you served in the north east and never a soldier", stop lying I have read you state the above quoted couple of times, and recently someone said you were a retired soldier and the response you gave, was to give the impression that you still serving. There's nothing wrong with my comprehension, but there something wrong with your integrity if you running a blog, and not been honest is your forte.

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 3:14pm On Aug 06, 2020
#DHQUpdate #PressBriefing

GENERAL UPDATE ON ARMED FORCES OF NIGERIA OPERATIONS FROM 24 JULY TO 6 AUGUST 2020
1. In line with our resolve to keep the general public duly informed of the operations of the Nigerian military and other security agencies, I will be briefing you this afternoon accordingly. It will cover 24 July to 6 August 2020.

NORTH-WEST ZONE
2. The Armed Forces of Nigeria have continued the aggressive clearance operations in the entire North-West zone of the country. Within the period under review, troops in the Joint Operations Area scaled-up kinetic and non-kinetic operations in the general areas of Katsina, Zamfara, Sokoto and adjoining states leading to gradual restoration of overall human activities in the zone. Recall that the activities of armed bandits, cattle rustlers and kidnappers and other sundry crimes hitherto made life unbearable for locals in the afore-mentioned areas. However, through the concerted efforts of Operations HADARIN DAJI, KATSINA, ACCORD and SAHEL SANITY, farmers have returned to their farms while other economic activities are gradually picking up across the zone.

3. Additionally, within the period under review, troops continued to dominate the general area with clearance patrols, aggressive fighting patrols, raids, ambushes and confidence-building patrols. This is additional to several air bombardments of identified bandits’ locations and hideouts, which has made it possible for the conduct of farming and other activities in the zone. These operations also resulted in the rescue of kidnapped victims, recovery of rustled livestock, arrest of suspected armed bandits informants and collaborators in addition to the recoveries of large cache of arms and ammunition, among others within the period.

SOUTH-SOUTH ZONE
4. Troops of Operation DELTA SAFE have intensified the fight against crude oil theft, pipeline vandalism and illegal oil bunkering in the region with attendant successes. Within the period under review, Operation DELTA SAFE discovered and deactivated 25 illegal refining sites in Rivers, Cross Rivers and Akwa Ibom States. Also, a total of 342, 000, 00 litres of product suspected to be illegally refined AGO were impounded. Subsidiary operations CALM WATERS II and SWIFT RESPONSE have continued to record remarkable successes. The successes recorded within the period include seizure of 141 x 50 kg bags of foreign parboiled rice as well as arrest of boats involved in smuggling activities amongst others.

5. As part of non kinetic activities, Nigerian Navy Ship DELTA led a peace and reconciliation meeting with the stakeholders of Gbaramatu Kingdom of Warri South LGA of Delta State. The peace meeting was held following recent threats to disrupt oil and gas infrastructure by the people of Gbaramatu Kingdom. Accordingly, the Naval Base summoned a meeting with the key actors in the agitation. The activists thanked the military for the timely intervention and promised to tow the path of peace. The meeting was fruitful as they promised to do all within their reach to forestall violence in the area. They also solicited for the cooperation of the military in providing security to the general area.

NORTH EAST ZONE
6. Armed Forces of Nigeria have continued to sustain the tempo in the fight against terrorism in the North East region of the Country. Between 23 July and 5 August 2020, own troops executed various kinetic operations, including clearance operations, aggressive patrols and Intelligence Surveillance Reconnaissance missions, sustained air offensive operations as well as artillery and aerial bombardments on BHT/ISWAP enclaves. As we engage in our kinetic operations, we also consider non-kinetic engagements in various quarters of the North East. Some of our non-kinetic operations involve humanitarian operations, which Operation SAFE CORRIDOR stands for.

7. Operation SAFE CORRIDOR is a Defence Headquarters led non-kinetic multi-agency humanitarian operation established by the presidency, designed to De-radicalize, Rehabilitate and Reintegrated willingly surrendered and repentant Boko Haram combatants. In addition to the Armed Forces of Nigeria and other Law Enforcement and Security Agencies, 12 other Federal Government Ministries, Departments and Agencies including NEDC as well as local and international NGOs collaborate and support the Operation. The Operation is guided by extant provisions of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria 1999 (As Amended) and International Humanitarian and Human Right Laws. It may be recalled that, in one of our weekly press briefings, in which members of the Advisory Committee of the Operation were present, we briefed on the purpose and aim for which Operation SAFE CORRIDOR was established. We also explained the processes involved in the De-radicalization, Rehabilitation and Re-integration (DRR) programme.

8. It is highly desirable at this moment, to further explain some key points about De-radicalization, Rehabilitation and Re-integration (DRR) programme in order to allay the fears of some members of the general public and reassure that, these individuals were duly profiled and confirmed to be; low risk and not low risk repentants, who were ascertained to be innocent and forcefully conscripted to join the sects and are categorized as victims. Additionally, monitoring mechanisms have been put in place to monitor their activities in the society.

NORTH-CENTRAL ZONE
9. In the North-Central zone, troops conducted Civil Military Cooperation (CIMIC) activities in addition to concerted Reconciliation and Conciliation efforts in the form of stakeholders’ meetings amongst the various ethnic groups in the zone. These non-kinetic efforts were supported by ongoing kinetic operations in the form of ambushes, raids, and clearance patrols at various locations which resulted in appreciable successes within the period under review. Notably, between 30 July and 1 August 2020, Headquarters Operation SAFE HAVEN commenced the survey for the drilling of boreholes at Shimlang community in Mangu Local Government Area of Plateau state and equally commissioned 2 other solar powered boreholes at Messiah College and Gana Ropp communities in Barkin Ladi LGA of Plateau State.

10. Furthermore, between 1 and 4 August 2020, Headquarters of Operation SAFE HAVEN, as part of Reconciliation and Conciliation efforts, fostered several stakeholders meeting within the period under review. Areas covered in this regard include communities in Sanga and Jama’a Local Government Areas of Kaduna State, Barkin Ladi and Bassa Local Government Areas of Plateau State. Meetings were also held at Headquarters of Sectors 3 and 4 of Operation SAFE HAVEN. All meetings were held with the leaders of the various ethnic groups including Hausa, Fulani and Berom amongst others. Issues discussed centred on habitual and peaceful coexistence among the various ethnic groups. Similarly, Headquarters Operation WHIRL STROKE held peace-meetings in Katsina-Ala Local Government Area of Benue State between the Ardo of the Fulani community and the Tiv leaders in the general area. Discussions centred on peaceful coexistence among them.

11. Relatedly for the period, troops of Operation SAFE HAVEN also conducted a drug raid operation on 4 August 2020. Accordingly, troops in conjunction with police operatives and vigilante conducted drug raid to Unguwar Mata and New Market General Area in Mangu Local Government Area of Plateau State following credible intelligence on the activities of drug peddlers in the general area. Troops arrested 7 suspects at the scene and recovered large quantity of substances suspected to be Cannabis Sativa and other illicit drugs. The suspects were subsequently handed over to police for further action.

12. The Military High Command commends all the gallant troops of the Armed Forces and personnel of other security agencies involved in various operations across the country for their commitment and professionalism. Troops are further encouraged to remain resolute and decisive in curtailing the activities of terrorists, armed bandits and other criminals. The High Command of the Armed Forces also reassures the general public of its commitment to securing the country for all human activities to strive. Members of the general public are, as always, enjoined to continue providing timely information on the activities of criminals in their various localities to the nearest military and other security agencies location for prompt and effective action. Thank you.

JOHN ENENCHE
Major General
Coordinator
Defence Media Operations
Defence Headquarters
6 August 2020
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 3:22pm On Aug 06, 2020
Tobiloba2407:

You said you never stated "you served in the north east and never a soldier", stop lying I have read you state the above quoted couple of times, and recently someone said you were a retired soldier and the response you gave, was to give the impression that you still serving. There's nothing wrong with my comprehension, but there something wrong with your integrity if you running a blog, and not been honest is your forte.

You have serious problem’s not just one cool
Dude i remember vividly it was @Toju that said I was retired and the response I gave him was; [/b]”how did he know am retired”[b]. Now tell me how does that translate I categorically said am a military personnel.

I intentionally not give details of my identity and full details to that effect and it’s because of dudes like you.
I do not run a blog and please stop giving yourselves about someone’s identity. How his that your business and why must I be honest with you, if you’re not pleased then go find your peace else where undecided

5 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Tobiloba2407: 3:24pm On Aug 06, 2020
bidexiii:

You have serious problem’s not just one cool
Dude i remember vividly it was @Toju that said I was retired and the response I gave him was; [/b]”how did he know am retired”[b]. Now tell me how does that translate I categorically said am a military personnel.

I intentionally not give details of my identity and full details to that effect and it’s because of dudes like you.
I do not run a blog and please stop giving yourselves about someone’s identity. How his that your business and why must I be honest with you, if you’re not pleased then go find your peace else where undecided

Smoke, just try to maintain integrity, to sustain credibility ....that's all.....is that clear?

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 3:41pm On Aug 06, 2020
Tobiloba2407:

Smoke, just try to maintain integrity, to sustain credibility ....that's all.....is that clear?

Mr integrity !!!
You’re not in the position to tell me that ! What do you stand to gain from my integrity smiley
If you feel the thread his not giving facts you want for you blog, go else where and perhaps there other thread or you might create one will be glad to contribute wink

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Whyem15: 4:28pm On Aug 06, 2020
Major General Dagvin Anderson, the commander of U.S. Special Operations Command Africa (USSOCAF), on Tuesday, said the United States had provided Nigeria with C-208 surveillance aircraft.

HumAngle, however, gathered that the U.S. has not provided Nigeria with the said C-208 surveillance aircraft.
We have partnered with great effect with Nigeria in counterterrorism in the past.

“We’ve had good engagements with their air force in particular and providing C-208 capability, which is a light, fixed-wing ISR (Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance),” Anderson said.

Meanwhile, as HumAngle gathered, Nigeria’s neighbour Niger Republic was the beneficiary and operator of Cessna C-208 donated by the United States.

This from the general with the ISIS and AL qaeda claims.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by FieldMarshall06(m): 4:49pm On Aug 06, 2020
Whyem15:
Looking at headlines on a US intelligence that ISIS and Al qaeda are infiltrating northwest and southern Nigeria and people's general reactions to it and all I saw was a very intelligent attempt at causing panic and uproar in the country.
Look at how they carefully substituted ISWAP and Bokoharam for ISIS and AL qaeda to make it seem as if new terrorists groups are coming into the country. Then they decided that the public media is the best place to share their intell. One wonders what government channels are for or what they seek to achieve with that.
The way these people use media to control the mind of the people is mind blowing.
During the early days of Covid 19 in Iran, western media kept on showing us how useless and corrupt the Iranian regime is because the country's parliament speaker died due to the virus yet when the British prime Minister was in ICU and on life support for the same illness, not a single word of criticism was uttered against the British government.
These terrorists are finding it incredibly hard to operate in large numbers outside of their stronghold in Northern borno yet we are expected to believe that they are planning on invading southern Nigeria.
Our own intelligence reports is also showing growing ISIS/AL qaeda influence in not only Chad, Cameroon and Niger that they have strong military presence, but also in their own countries as we have several terrorist cells in France.
They will never publish useful Intel like sponsors of bht and ISIS in the public space.

You sabi something.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by FieldMarshall06(m): 4:51pm On Aug 06, 2020
bidexiii:
#DHQUpdate #PressBriefing

GENERAL UPDATE ON ARMED FORCES OF NIGERIA OPERATIONS FROM 24 JULY TO 6 AUGUST 2020
1. In line with our resolve to keep the general public duly informed of the operations of the Nigerian military and other security agencies, I will be briefing you this afternoon accordingly. It will cover 24 July to 6 August 2020.

NORTH-WEST ZONE
2. The Armed Forces of Nigeria have continued the aggressive clearance operations in the entire North-West zone of the country. Within the period under review, troops in the Joint Operations Area scaled-up kinetic and non-kinetic operations in the general areas of Katsina, Zamfara, Sokoto and adjoining states leading to gradual restoration of overall human activities in the zone. Recall that the activities of armed bandits, cattle rustlers and kidnappers and other sundry crimes hitherto made life unbearable for locals in the afore-mentioned areas. However, through the concerted efforts of Operations HADARIN DAJI, KATSINA, ACCORD and SAHEL SANITY, farmers have returned to their farms while other economic activities are gradually picking up across the zone.

3. Additionally, within the period under review, troops continued to dominate the general area with clearance patrols, aggressive fighting patrols, raids, ambushes and confidence-building patrols. This is additional to several air bombardments of identified bandits’ locations and hideouts, which has made it possible for the conduct of farming and other activities in the zone. These operations also resulted in the rescue of kidnapped victims, recovery of rustled livestock, arrest of suspected armed bandits informants and collaborators in addition to the recoveries of large cache of arms and ammunition, among others within the period.

SOUTH-SOUTH ZONE
4. Troops of Operation DELTA SAFE have intensified the fight against crude oil theft, pipeline vandalism and illegal oil bunkering in the region with attendant successes. Within the period under review, Operation DELTA SAFE discovered and deactivated 25 illegal refining sites in Rivers, Cross Rivers and Akwa Ibom States. Also, a total of 342, 000, 00 litres of product suspected to be illegally refined AGO were impounded. Subsidiary operations CALM WATERS II and SWIFT RESPONSE have continued to record remarkable successes. The successes recorded within the period include seizure of 141 x 50 kg bags of foreign parboiled rice as well as arrest of boats involved in smuggling activities amongst others.

5. As part of non kinetic activities, Nigerian Navy Ship DELTA led a peace and reconciliation meeting with the stakeholders of Gbaramatu Kingdom of Warri South LGA of Delta State. The peace meeting was held following recent threats to disrupt oil and gas infrastructure by the people of Gbaramatu Kingdom. Accordingly, the Naval Base summoned a meeting with the key actors in the agitation. The activists thanked the military for the timely intervention and promised to tow the path of peace. The meeting was fruitful as they promised to do all within their reach to forestall violence in the area. They also solicited for the cooperation of the military in providing security to the general area.

NORTH EAST ZONE
6. Armed Forces of Nigeria have continued to sustain the tempo in the fight against terrorism in the North East region of the Country. Between 23 July and 5 August 2020, own troops executed various kinetic operations, including clearance operations, aggressive patrols and Intelligence Surveillance Reconnaissance missions, sustained air offensive operations as well as artillery and aerial bombardments on BHT/ISWAP enclaves. As we engage in our kinetic operations, we also consider non-kinetic engagements in various quarters of the North East. Some of our non-kinetic operations involve humanitarian operations, which Operation SAFE CORRIDOR stands for.

7. Operation SAFE CORRIDOR is a Defence Headquarters led non-kinetic multi-agency humanitarian operation established by the presidency, designed to De-radicalize, Rehabilitate and Reintegrated willingly surrendered and repentant Boko Haram combatants. In addition to the Armed Forces of Nigeria and other Law Enforcement and Security Agencies, 12 other Federal Government Ministries, Departments and Agencies including NEDC as well as local and international NGOs collaborate and support the Operation. The Operation is guided by extant provisions of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria 1999 (As Amended) and International Humanitarian and Human Right Laws. It may be recalled that, in one of our weekly press briefings, in which members of the Advisory Committee of the Operation were present, we briefed on the purpose and aim for which Operation SAFE CORRIDOR was established. We also explained the processes involved in the De-radicalization, Rehabilitation and Re-integration (DRR) programme.

8. It is highly desirable at this moment, to further explain some key points about De-radicalization, Rehabilitation and Re-integration (DRR) programme in order to allay the fears of some members of the general public and reassure that, these individuals were duly profiled and confirmed to be; low risk and not low risk repentants, who were ascertained to be innocent and forcefully conscripted to join the sects and are categorized as victims. Additionally, monitoring mechanisms have been put in place to monitor their activities in the society.

NORTH-CENTRAL ZONE
9. In the North-Central zone, troops conducted Civil Military Cooperation (CIMIC) activities in addition to concerted Reconciliation and Conciliation efforts in the form of stakeholders’ meetings amongst the various ethnic groups in the zone. These non-kinetic efforts were supported by ongoing kinetic operations in the form of ambushes, raids, and clearance patrols at various locations which resulted in appreciable successes within the period under review. Notably, between 30 July and 1 August 2020, Headquarters Operation SAFE HAVEN commenced the survey for the drilling of boreholes at Shimlang community in Mangu Local Government Area of Plateau state and equally commissioned 2 other solar powered boreholes at Messiah College and Gana Ropp communities in Barkin Ladi LGA of Plateau State.

10. Furthermore, between 1 and 4 August 2020, Headquarters of Operation SAFE HAVEN, as part of Reconciliation and Conciliation efforts, fostered several stakeholders meeting within the period under review. Areas covered in this regard include communities in Sanga and Jama’a Local Government Areas of Kaduna State, Barkin Ladi and Bassa Local Government Areas of Plateau State. Meetings were also held at Headquarters of Sectors 3 and 4 of Operation SAFE HAVEN. All meetings were held with the leaders of the various ethnic groups including Hausa, Fulani and Berom amongst others. Issues discussed centred on habitual and peaceful coexistence among the various ethnic groups. Similarly, Headquarters Operation WHIRL STROKE held peace-meetings in Katsina-Ala Local Government Area of Benue State between the Ardo of the Fulani community and the Tiv leaders in the general area. Discussions centred on peaceful coexistence among them.

11. Relatedly for the period, troops of Operation SAFE HAVEN also conducted a drug raid operation on 4 August 2020. Accordingly, troops in conjunction with police operatives and vigilante conducted drug raid to Unguwar Mata and New Market General Area in Mangu Local Government Area of Plateau State following credible intelligence on the activities of drug peddlers in the general area. Troops arrested 7 suspects at the scene and recovered large quantity of substances suspected to be Cannabis Sativa and other illicit drugs. The suspects were subsequently handed over to police for further action.

12. The Military High Command commends all the gallant troops of the Armed Forces and personnel of other security agencies involved in various operations across the country for their commitment and professionalism. Troops are further encouraged to remain resolute and decisive in curtailing the activities of terrorists, armed bandits and other criminals. The High Command of the Armed Forces also reassures the general public of its commitment to securing the country for all human activities to strive. Members of the general public are, as always, enjoined to continue providing timely information on the activities of criminals in their various localities to the nearest military and other security agencies location for prompt and effective action. Thank you.

JOHN ENENCHE
Major General
Coordinator
Defence Media Operations
Defence Headquarters
6 August 2020

Keep up the good works please. You too much.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by GeneralFarouq: 5:02pm On Aug 06, 2020
bidexiii:
#DHQUpdate #PressRelease

TROOPS OF OPERATION DELTA SAFE RAID PIRATES/MILITANTS CAMP AT TUKUGBENE AYAMA IN SOUTHERN IJAW LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF BAYELSA STATE

1. Troops of Operation DELTA SAFE acting on actionable and credible intelligence on a suspected pirate/sea robber gang leader one Mr LANRE mounted surveillance on the suspect who came into town from Port Harcourt with one AYI ABUH also a notorious Kidnapper/pirate. Subsequently, troops conducted a raid operation of the pirates' camp at Tukugbene-Ayama ijaw LGA Bayelsa State on 4 Aug 20.

2. The operation was aimed at extracting LANRE and AYI ABUH as well as other members of the gang from the community. Upon arrival at the personal jetty of the suspect, troops met heavy resistance from harassing gun fire from pirates/militants in 5 boats that approached from adjoining creek. The overwhelming fire power of own troops led to the forceful withdrawal of the pirates/militants with various degree of gunshots wounds. The gallant troops sustained the fire fight until 5 of the pirates/militants were neutralised ashore.

3. Furthermore, three of the attacking boats were sunk while the occupants with various degrees of gunshots wounds escaped into the river. In the process, troops recovered 3 boats from the pirates. Additionally, own troops took over the jetty and advance to the objective area which was empty. It was believed that while the exchange of fire was ongoing LANRE and AYI ABUH escaped. A complete cordon and search was carried out on the building where the suspects were believed to be residing and thereafter the building was cleared. In the process, troops recovered 3 AK47 rifles with a magazine, two 200 HP Yamaha outbound engines and three 115HP Yamaha outbound engines.

4. Relatedly, troops acting on credible and actionable intelligence about a notorious criminal/kidnapper and oil thief popularly known as AKALAMI High Chief AKA SAMMY. Troops swiftly mobilized to conduct raid operation at his identified hideout along Mbiama East West road. During the operation, the kingpin was neutralised while attempting to escape. Items including a localliy made pistol and cartridges were recovered from the criminal. Sammy is reported to be a close ally to a notorious criminal known as VIP suspected to be one of the masterminds of the killing of 5 Battalion Soldiers around East West road.

5. The Military High Command congratulates the gallant troops for their dexterity and encourages them to remain resolute in curtailing the activities of pirates/militants in the Niger Delta region of the country.

JOHN ENENCHE
Major General
Coordinator
Defence Media Operations
Defence Headquarters
5 August 2020.
I can see a police magazine, this guys deserved what they got.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SamuelAnyawu(m): 5:03pm On Aug 06, 2020
Tobiloba2407:

Why do you feel he is not a military personnel?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by GeneralFarouq: 5:06pm On Aug 06, 2020
bidexiii:
More
Sweet clearing tactics being employed
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by GeneralFarouq: 5:07pm On Aug 06, 2020
bidexiii:
More
Sweet clearing tactics being employed, I can see tavors, this guys may be Navy SBS or just regulars
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Tobiloba2407: 5:34pm On Aug 06, 2020
SamuelAnyawu:

Why do you feel he is not a military personnel?

He says too many wrong things that a regular military personnel knows e.g taking for granted the noise level of a gpmg firing close to someone's ear and some other little telltale evidences.

5 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Ilaumoh(m): 6:21pm On Aug 06, 2020
FieldMarshall06:

Keep up the good works please. You too much.
Which place for Akwa Ibom get illegal refinery Oga?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 6:46pm On Aug 06, 2020
NN Landing Ship in the UAE soon to be delivered in few months time.

6 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 6:49pm On Aug 06, 2020
GeneralFarouq:

The moment I read the part where they mentioned southern Nigeria, i began imagining US deploying troops to come harvest our oil.
grin Haba

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1320) (1321) (1322) (1323) (1324) (1325) (1326) ... (2203) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.