Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,354 members, 7,846,532 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 05:45 PM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (1321) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3057538 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1318) (1319) (1320) (1321) (1322) (1323) (1324) ... (2203) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 11:42am On Aug 05, 2020
komekn:

Impressive in what context, are we not supposed to be manufacturing bullets. Or should we not be doing a lot more.

For something to be impressive there has to be some form of comparison measurement.

grin grin guy u don wake am up...
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Faithful007: 11:52am On Aug 05, 2020
Fynline:
This is the reason I care less about what happens to a Nigerian soldier these days or the army. You can't be a responsible soldier under an irresponsible government. We can't have a professional force under an irresponsible government.
please what is happening here?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Fynline(m): 12:01pm On Aug 05, 2020
Faithful007:
please what is happening here?

Sowore revolution now protest
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Faithful007: 12:21pm On Aug 05, 2020
Fynline:

Sowore revolution now protest
yeah I just went through Twitter. Gross indiscipline by Nigeria security agencies is the reason they are hated by much of the public. It's so sad to see peaceful protesters getting arrested. Very senseless move that only compounds the problem.

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by ugo4u: 12:47pm On Aug 05, 2020
Faithful007:
yeah I just went through Twitter. Gross indiscipline by Nigeria security agencies is the reason they are hated by much of the public. It's so sad to see peaceful protesters getting arrested. Very senseless move that only compounds the problem.
It's like they even deployed AFSF guys for a mere protest, it's shameful and a new low for the security agencies.

9 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SamuelAnyawu(m): 1:08pm On Aug 05, 2020
ugo4u:

It's like they even deployed AFSF guys for a mere protest, it's shameful and a new low for the security agencies.

Protest with not even a stone I could see an AFSF. grin grin grin

12 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by GeneralFarouq: 1:38pm On Aug 05, 2020
SamuelAnyawu:

Protest with not even a stone I could see an AFSF. grin grin grin

this is what u get the moment u deploy the military to do the job of the police, is there nothing, I mean anything the police can do without involving the Army. sad

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Faithful007: 1:47pm On Aug 05, 2020
GeneralFarouq:
this is what u get the moment u deploy the military to do the job of the police, is there nothing, I mean anything the police can do without involving the Army. sad
even the police is nothing to write home about. They are worse. Military indiscipline usually ends in cane and punishment most times, police own ends in death.

My love for the military reduced by 50 percent today. I don't even know whom to blame, the people who are arresting peaceful protesters or the people who sent them to arrest. Pathetic.

7 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Yahoonovich(m): 6:59pm On Aug 05, 2020
Fynline:
This is the reason I care less about what happens to a Nigerian soldier these days or the army. You can't be a responsible soldier under an irresponsible government. We can't have a professional force under an irresponsible government.
This are special forces.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 6:59pm On Aug 05, 2020
The United States says the Al-Qaeda insurgent group has started to penetrate the north-western part of Nigeria.

Dagvin Anderson, commander of the US special operations command, Africa, who disclosed this during a briefing, said the group is also expanding to other parts of West Africa.

In his remarks which TheCable obtained from the US Department of State, Anderson said the US will continue to partner with Nigeria in sharing intelligence.

“We have engaged with Nigeria and continue to engage with them in intel sharing and in understanding what these violent extremists are doing,” he said.

“And that has been absolutely critical to their engagements up in the Borno state and into an emerging area of northwest Nigeria that we’re seeing al-Qaida starting to make some inroads in.

“So, this intelligence sharing is absolutely vital and we stay fully engaged with the government of Nigeria to provide them an understanding of what these terrorists are doing, what Boko Haram is doing, what ISIS-West Africa is doing, and how ISIS and al-Qaida are looking to expand further south into the littoral areas.”

Anderson regretted that despite successes recorded in previous years, there have been setback, adding: “We as a community of international nations, keep thinking we have defeated them or we have put them on their back foot and that they’re just moments from disintegration.”

“I think there’s two factors in that. One, it goes to that each government has to focus on this and provide that focus for international partners to engage with,” the US general said.

“The other part of this is we can’t underestimate the threat these violent extremist organisations pose. We, as a community of international nations, keep thinking we have defeated them or we have put them on their back foot and that they’re just moments from disintegration.

“I think after 20 years we have seen they are very resilient organisations that, although small, they’re able to leverage social media and other forms of media to have an outsized voice and that they continue to recruit and they continue to find opportunities.”

Anderson said for international efforts to yield desired results in the fight against terrorism in Nigeria, the government must take the lead.

“When it comes to Nigeria in general, Nigeria, obviously, is a critical nation to West Africa. It is a critical nation and we realize that Nigeria is a lynchpin,” he said.

”For that to have an effect against the VEOs and to have an effect against these stressors, it really takes the Government of Nigeria to lead that effort and to build that energy to coalesce around.

“So no nation can come in and fix that problem for Nigeria. We can assist with that – and it’s the United States can assist, the United Kingdom, other countries can come in, many countries can come and assist with that partnership – but ultimately it takes leadership from Nigeria in order for us to focus our efforts.”

There has been an increase in attacks in Kaduna, Katsina, Sokoto and other states in the north-west
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Whyem15: 7:27pm On Aug 05, 2020
Have you all forgotten how the US national guard was deployed to repress #BlackLivesMatter protest in US?
This month 7 years ago, Abdel-Fatah El Sisi deployed troops and tanks to repress peaceful protesters in Rabaa Square that ended up killing more than 900 civilians in cold blood.
It is a general practice all over the world and these guys are simply following orders that can't be refused and they are getting blamed for it.
Why not blame the government that ordered them against their own people?
And to be frank, I don't know any government that will wait for protesters calling for its violent removal to turn into rioters/militants before such protests are quelled. Or you think Sowore's PEACEFUL protest will pressure Buhari or any other head of state to resign together with every other person in government? I don't know what revolution means if not changing the whole government/system of government.
Well that's politics and should be avoided on military threads. Sorry for derailing.
Has anyone seen the new ministry of defense budget? We are getting some new transport vehicles from Ukraine.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by ugo4u: 7:31pm On Aug 05, 2020
Seun Okinbaloye on his program (Politics today) wan put MajGen Enenche for trouble.
Enenche was asked if the army lacks funding he said an emphatic No
Do you have outdated weapons/equipment
Enenche No
So what is the problem since we can't seem to defeat the terrorists.
Enenche: The insurgency we're facing is a new kind of war (paraphrased)

Meanwhile in other news the senate committee chairman on Army Sen Ndume insist that the military is heavily underfunded and understaffed (Which is True)

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Faithful007: 7:48pm On Aug 05, 2020
Whyem15:
Have you all forgotten how the US national guard was deployed to repress #BlackLivesMatter protest in US?
This month 7 years ago, Abdel-Fatah El Sisi deployed troops and tanks to repress peaceful protesters in Rabaa Square that ended up killing more than 900 civilians in cold blood.
It is a general practice all over the world and these guys are simply following orders that can't be refused and they are getting blamed for it.
Why not blame the government that ordered them against their own people?
And to be frank, I don't know any government that will wait for protesters calling for its violent removal to turn into rioters/militants before such protests are quelled. Or you think Sowore's PEACEFUL protest will pressure Buhari or any other head of state to resign together with every other person in government? I don't know what revolution means if not changing the whole government/system of government.
Well that's politics and should be avoided on military threads. Sorry for derailing.
Has anyone seen the new ministry of defense budget? We are getting some new transport vehicles from Ukraine.
My friend, stop defending irresponsibility with baseless reasons. Stupidity was displayed today no excuses. Did you see anybody destroy anything or pick up arms against the government? And what is general practice? you cite Abdel-Fatah El Sisi an dictator in an authoritarian regime, will you like Nigeria to be like that? For your information, the national guard was called in to repress violators looting and burning buildings, did that happen here? both the those that sent them and those that executed should be blamed. Don't you know that stuff like this can hamper further military purchases? Are you really interested in Nigeria moving forward?

14 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Whyem15: 7:56pm On Aug 05, 2020
Faithful007:
My friend, stop defending irresponsibility with baseless reasons. Stupidity was displayed today no excuses. Did you see anybody destroy anything or pick up arms against the government? And what is general practice? you cite Abdel-Fatah El Sisi an dictator in an authoritarian regime, will you like Nigeria to be like that? For your information, the national guard was called in to repress violators looting and burning buildings, did that happen here? both the those that sent them and those that executed should be blamed. Don't you know that stuff like this can hamper further military purchases? Are you really interested in Nigeria moving forward?
Okay, let's move on to military discussions.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SamuelAnyawu(m): 8:31pm On Aug 05, 2020
Nigeria Airforce, Dikwa is lightening up right now.

Are these Insurgents now interested in cutting off Dikwa-Logomani?

Hmmmm let's watch as things unfold .

My Colleagues in Dikwa stay safe please.

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SamuelAnyawu(m): 8:33pm On Aug 05, 2020
ugo4u:
Seun Okinbaloye on his program (Politics today) wan put MajGen Enenche for trouble.
Enenche No

Meanwhile in other news the senate committee chairman on Army Sen Ndume insist that the military is heavily underfunded and understaffed (Which is True)

This war is not about weaponery alone bro.

Bokoharam will use 12 guntrucks to attack a military base with over 70 Guntrucks, MRAPs and MBTs. We go on to pop champagne when we Repel. cool

10 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 8:52pm On Aug 05, 2020
ugo4u:
Enenche No

No be the MG wey bring Tavor come Channels TV just to prove dirty point?
These clowns sha
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by komekn(m): 8:52pm On Aug 05, 2020
Fynline:

It seems we are deceiving ourselves that we are a civilian democracy.

The government has no regard for the " Rule of Law", they disobey court orders without any restraint. They even sacked the Chief Justice without recourse to the requirements of the law.

It was under PMB that the highest representative body the National Assembly was put under lock and Key by the DSS. And elected senators and representatives refused entry.

A few weeks ago the former interim MD was about to be arrested without warrant or any basis. By again unlawful police.

Sowore has remained under false imprisonment in the name of bail. As they decided what to charge him with.

Let's face the facts, whatever we have is not a democracy. Hooded armed anonymous men in the nations capital arresting in actual fact Unlawful arrests. If any of those marked men kill someone you will not even be able to seek redress.

We have gone very backward.

A situation were the sitting Governor is alleging that the NA were stage managing an ambush against him.

We have some huge problems.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 9:14pm On Aug 05, 2020
SamuelAnyawu:
Nigeria Airforce, Dikwa is lightening up right now.

Are these Insurgents now interested in cutting off Dikwa-Logomani?

Hmmmm let's watch as things unfold .

My Colleagues in Dikwa stay safe please.
guy the update
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Xbee007(m): 9:46pm On Aug 05, 2020
Toju200:
BREAKING NEWS

Impeccable sources have reported a successful coordinated ground and aerial strike by the Nigerian Airforce & Nigerian Army KILLED over 150 special fighters of #BokoHaram/#ISWAP terrorists along the fringes of Lake Chad axis of Northern Borno State. Details soon.
ISWAP claims this attack was repelled with many soldiers killed. I doubt they are being honest.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Whyem15: 9:47pm On Aug 05, 2020
SamuelAnyawu:

This war is not about weaponery alone bro.

Bokoharam will use 12 guntrucks to attack a military base with over 70 Guntrucks, MRAPs and MBTs. We go on to pop champagne when we Repel. cool
Are there any orders preventing boys from chasing the terrorist or is it just lack of will on the part of the deployed troops?

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Whyem15: 9:53pm On Aug 05, 2020
Let's just avoid politics here please, it will only cause disagreement and misunderstandings

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by LTGEN: 10:17pm On Aug 05, 2020
Whyem15:
Let's just avoid politics here please, it will only cause disagreement and misunderstandings
Thank you .
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 10:27pm On Aug 05, 2020
Xbee007:

ISWAP claims this attack was repelled with many soldiers killed. I doubt they are being honest.
well the Military hasn't released any details yet...

We can't tell
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SamuelAnyawu(m): 10:36pm On Aug 05, 2020
Toju200:
guy the update

I heard they Bastards were not successful. Kudos to our Gallant troops

7 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by youghs: 2:30am On Aug 06, 2020
New Mraps I guess

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Tobiloba2407: 4:24am On Aug 06, 2020
youghs:
New Mraps I guess

Are this Nigerian soldiers?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Whyem15: 6:49am On Aug 06, 2020
Looking at headlines on a US intelligence that ISIS and Al qaeda are infiltrating northwest and southern Nigeria and people's general reactions to it and all I saw was a very intelligent attempt at causing panic and uproar in the country.
Look at how they carefully substituted ISWAP and Bokoharam for ISIS and AL qaeda to make it seem as if new terrorists groups are coming into the country. Then they decided that the public media is the best place to share their intell. One wonders what government channels are for or what they seek to achieve with that.
The way these people use media to control the mind of the people is mind blowing.
During the early days of Covid 19 in Iran, western media kept on showing us how useless and corrupt the Iranian regime is because the country's parliament speaker died due to the virus yet when the British prime Minister was in ICU and on life support for the same illness, not a single word of criticism was uttered against the British government.
These terrorists are finding it incredibly hard to operate in large numbers outside of their stronghold in Northern borno yet we are expected to believe that they are planning on invading southern Nigeria.
Our own intelligence reports is also showing growing ISIS/AL qaeda influence in not only Chad, Cameroon and Niger that they have strong military presence, but also in their own countries as we have several terrorist cells in France.
They will never publish useful Intel like sponsors of bht and ISIS in the public space.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 6:50am On Aug 06, 2020
youghs:
New Mraps I guess
Cameroon.
It was a MNJTF.
I watched the video and Soilders were saying it's an international day today o
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Whyem15: 7:14am On Aug 06, 2020
Yesterday, Iraq and UAE reported large fire outbreaks on critical infrastructures. Two days ago, it was Lebanon. Last month, Iran reported several fire outbreaks on nuclear facilities, ports and other military/economic infrastructures. Is it plain coincidence or are we starting to witness a new forum of warfare?

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by youghs: 7:46am On Aug 06, 2020
Toju200:
Cameroon.
It was a MNJTF.
I watched the video and Soilders were saying it's an international day today o

what I heard is "international name" not international day..
Stryker Arab said they are their replacement and was like like they came prepared.
Do you know the name of the mrap
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by youghs: 8:00am On Aug 06, 2020
Tobiloba2407:

Are this Nigerian soldiers?
I'm not sure

(1) (2) (3) ... (1318) (1319) (1320) (1321) (1322) (1323) (1324) ... (2203) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: jl115 and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.