Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,584 members, 7,837,202 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:53 PM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (1522) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3049148 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1519) (1520) (1521) (1522) (1523) (1524) (1525) ... (2202) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by youghs: 12:03am On Feb 05, 2021
SamuelAnyawu:
Gamboru attack Repelled.

Kudos cool

A guntruck and motorcycle recovered

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by tsdarkside(m): 12:15am On Feb 05, 2021
kikuyu1:

Dude, am not like most people on here. I ADMIT when I DON'T know and learn the facts: which is how I changed my mind about the whole Biafra thing.
Notice, AFTER all this time all the Biafra boosters still HAVEN'T responded to the Kaduna Boy clip.

These people live in a parallel REALITY wherein there own well planned crimes are ignored while they point fingers and bask in false victimhood much like Tutsis.

[
[url]https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rwandan_Patriotic_Front/url]

They shot down the plane killing Habyarimana and blamed his widow, Agathe! And PEOPLE believed them!?

Since then Tutsis have twice invaded the DRC killing at least 6 mn Congolese according to UN reports.

[url][/https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_Congo_War]

Few people know these uncomfortable facts and keep repeating BS about Hotel Rwanda or "facts" from used toilet paper like Philip Gourevitchs' execrable book.

This is why I'm an enemy unto death of false narratives and self serving history.

this is the problem we have with this ipob people....

they will always critisize others,but will never critisize themselves....
you saw how he completly denied that he is igbo....??

they will fvck up,and then hide behind others....
they have been playin this silly game for soo long....

they go ghana,fvck up and hide behind nigeria,south africa,europe,asia,always the same tactic....

when you ask them,they will say they are biafrans....but when they get caught,they will say they are nigerians....

you know its mostly them that sell drugs abroad....??
they dont even hide it....they do it openly....
crazy people....get rich or die trying people....

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by ariesbull: 4:02am On Feb 05, 2021
tsdarkside:

they go ghana,fvck up and hide behind nigeria,south africa,europe,asia,always the same tactic....

when you ask them,they will say they are biafrans....but when they get caught,they will say they are nigerians....

It seems you guys are very confused.... Extremely confused, your igbophobia ann's hatred is obvious ...

They go to all these countries and fūck yet you don't have the mind to expel them out of your so beautiful country ... Just like your fathers fought to bring them back, you guys the children are fighting to have them in Nigeria yet you keep saying they soil your name abroad... Isn't thaag generational stupidity! A stupidity transfered from father to son

How can a generation be begging igbo to stay amongst them yet they still turn around to say they are baad.... I mean I haven't seen such a group of people ... It's crazy

Man up and send the igbo away to go to their country ... Stop hating the igbo

Igbo must be important for everyone to be angered when they say they want to leave and beg them from generation to generation...

Imagine if Hausa or Yorubaz say theey want to leave...trust me the igbo would be happy that they are loving tagging it good riddance to bad rubbish especially the north ...this is to show you how irrelevant you are in the scheme of things

Man up and send the igbo away if theey have been tarnishing your shit hole name ...period

7 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by tsdarkside(m): 5:41am On Feb 05, 2021
ariesbull:

It seems you guys are very confused.... Extremely confused, your igbophobia ann's hatred is obvious ...

They go to all these countries and fūck yet you don't have the mind to expel them out of your so beautiful country ... Just like your fathers fought to bring them back, you guys the children are fighting to have them in Nigeria yet you keep saying they soil your name abroad... Isn't thaag generational stupidity! A stupidity transfered from father to son

How can a generation be begging igbo to stay amongst them yet they still turn around to say they are baad.... I mean I haven't seen such a group of people ... It's crazy

Man up and send the igbo away to go to their country ... Stop hating the igbo

Igbo must be important for everyone to be angered when they say they want to leave and beg them from generation to generation...

Imagine if Hausa or Yorubaz say theey want to leave...trust me the igbo would be happy that they are loving tagging it good riddance to bad rubbish especially the north ...this is to show you how irrelevant you are in the scheme of things

Man up and send the igbo away if theey have been tarnishing your shit hole name ...period

who is beggin you....??
abegi,go and fight the nigerian military and get your Biafra....

pissin everybody off callin it freedom fightin,nonesense....!!

i will surely not defend a ipobian....!!

yeye people....

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by ariesbull: 6:07am On Feb 05, 2021
tsdarkside:

who is beggin you....??
abegi,go and fight the nigerian military and get your Biafra....

pissin everybody off callin it freedom fightin,nonesense....!!

i will surely not defend a ipobian....!!

yeye people....

This one pain am well well... Like father like son

Biafra issue pains them... It's a generational thing...

Send them parking. Una fit ? Una no fit ! Igbo are your gods , you need them around so as to worship them and hate then also

This pain am well

9 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by kikuyu1(m): 6:44am On Feb 05, 2021
tsdarkside:

I KNOW! I'VE seen this arrogance personally in Nairobi. Rmbr Anthony Chinedu deported in 2013?

Justice Mumbi Ngugi ordered Ms Akinyi, who shot to fame over a fight for property with Nigerian Anthony Chinedu, to surrender the two vehicles and their logbooks to the DCI headquarters on Kiambu Road.
[url][https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.businessdailyafrica.com/bd/economy/court-orders-seizure-of-narcotics-suspect-joyce-akinyi-s-cars-2371652%3fview=htmlampurl]

Everyone knew he was a regular importer of Indian heroin. After his deportation Igbo screamed jealousy. Anway I've a pal who knew Akinyi. She was the niece of a topcop enjoying protection til they he was replaced in 2004.
Your boys DEF have a SERIOUS socio cultural issue that needs changing ASAP!

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by tsdarkside(m): 6:54am On Feb 05, 2021
kikuyu1:

I KNOW! I'VE seen this arrogance personally in Nairobi. Rmbr Anthony Chinedu deported in 2013?

[url][https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.businessdailyafrica.com/bd/economy/court-orders-seizure-of-narcotics-suspect-joyce-akinyi-s-cars-2371652%3fview=htmlampurl]

Everyone knew he was a regular importer of Indian heroin. After his deportation Igbo screamed jealousy. Anway I've a pal who knew Akinyi. She was the niece of a topcop enjoying protection til they he was replaced in 2004.
Your boys DEF have a SERIOUS socio cultural issue that needs changing ASAP!

we are tryin oo....
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by tsdarkside(m): 6:56am On Feb 05, 2021
ariesbull:

Send them parking. Una fit ? Una no fit ! Igbo are your gods , you need them around so as to worship them and hate then also

This pain am well

have you lost your freakin mind....??

na too much akpu dey worry you ni....??
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 7:33am On Feb 05, 2021
Pls y'all should carry this unnecessary arguments to another thread plss angry

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 7:42am On Feb 05, 2021
A renowned Islamic Scholar Sheikh Dr Ahmed Mahmoud Gummi has said that “what is currently happening in Zamfara is insurgency and not banditry”.

Gummi, who briefed Governor Bello Matawalle of Zamfara State at Government House today, said the bandits have completely turned into insurgents following the bad treatment from the people of the state.

“In most of the bandits and Fulani camps we have visited in Zamfara, I come to understand that what is happening in the state is nothing but an insurgency,” he said.

Gummi maintained that most of the bandits he came across during his visit to Zamfara forests were only carrying weapons and attacking people because of persistent attacks and harassment from the vigilante group known as the Yansakai.

Gummi stated that most of the bandits he interacted with during his visit had indicated their readiness to surrender their weapons and embrace peace if the Yansakai stopped attacking and killing them.

He appealed to governments at all levels to embrace dialogue with the bandits and other insurgents in the country, expressing optimism that “dialogue is the only option to end the menace”.

He commended Governor Matawalle for introducing dialogue with the bandits as a means of ending banditry, calling on other governors to emulate him.

Some people are of the view that the bandits should be fought and killed, but what we understand is that majority of them are illiterates who need proper education and enlightenment,” he said.

He stressed that the steps taken by the Zamfara State Government through dialogue were the best option.

In his response, Governor Matawalle said his administration would continue to dialogue with the bandits no matter what his political opponents would say.

https://punchng.com/what-i-saw-in-zamfara-is-insurgency-not-banditry-sheikh-gummi/

The Government do not see Fulani heardsmen as terrorists, but IPOB was declared a terrorist group grin

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by GeneralFarouq: 7:58am On Feb 05, 2021
BabaOwen:
A renowned Islamic Scholar Sheikh Dr Ahmed Mahmoud Gummi has said that “what is currently happening in Zamfara is insurgency and not banditry"

The Government do not see Fulani heardsmen as terrorists, but IPOB was declared a terrorist group grin
The manner some of you here compose ur write up is very irritating,
While it maybe right that some state govt do not see their own people as terrorist, for example, IPOB by some governors are not considered terrorist, so also the Fulani herdsmen... What is clear is the FG through the Ministry of Defence consider all these groups as enemies of Nigeria.
Otherwise, what is the DHQ doing in Zamfara against the bandits? Certainly DHQ re not pampering these groups.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 8:42am On Feb 05, 2021
GeneralFarouq:

The manner some of you here compose ur write up is very irritating,
While it maybe right that some state govt do not see their own people as terrorist, for example, IPOB by some governors are not considered terrorist, so also the Fulani herdsmen... What is clear is the FG through the Ministry of Defence consider all these groups as enemies of Nigeria.
Otherwise, what is the DHQ doing in Zamfara against the bandits? Certainly DHQ re not pampering these groups.
What's my business if is irritating to you or not? You can hang yourself if my comment is irritating you... Is not my problem.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 8:52am On Feb 05, 2021
The FG quickly rush to court, to get a judgement, declaring IPOB as a terrorist group. Yet this armed Fulani heardsmen are allowed to do whatever they want. Look at how those men are armed, yet the FG is not doing anything about it.

I can't count the number of times IPOB will be holding peaceful meetings, yet security agencies will go and ruin their meeting and arrest their members... The only language the Nigerian government understand is force. If you think you can achieve anything through a peaceful way in this country, you just dey fool yourself. Look at the way peaceful protesters were shot dead by the Nigerian army in Lekki angry

But the cowards won't go and disrupt Fulani heardsmen camps in the forest... Nonsense.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 9:19am On Feb 05, 2021
A police station was burnt in isu, ebonyi state yesterday.

The reason the police station was burnt is because Fulani heardsmen killed an isu youth on thursday, and some others were injured.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 9:30am On Feb 05, 2021
Former Director General of the Nigerian Institute of International Affairs, Prof Bola Akinterinwa, has said the President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd.), has the right to nominate all the service chiefs who were changed last week as non-career ambassadors.

Akinterinwa, however, said there was no assurance that countries like the United States and the United Kingdom who had accused the service chiefs of crimes against humanity would accept the former service chiefs as diplomats.

He spoke on a PUNCH Online interview on Thursday.

Earlier, the Presidency on Thursday said the names of the ex-military commanders were sent to the Senate for confirmation.

The nominees are: Gen Abayomi G. Olonisakin (rtd), Lt Gen Tukur Y. Buratai (rtd), Vice Admiral Ibok-Ete Ibas (rtd), Air Marshal Sadique Abubakar (rtd), and Air Vice Marshal Mohammed S. Usman (rtd).

But Akinterinwa doubted that the ex-service chiefs who were believed not to have performed at home would perform outside the country.

He said, “It is only in Nigeria where a carpenter will want to perform the work of a pilot and where a pilot will want to go into surgical operation to perform cardiothoracic operation.

“When you bring somebody who is perfectly trained to kill to come and engage in diplomatic negotiations at a critical time that globalisation is now a major issue, I think that Mr President is making haste slowly and in this case, he is killing diplomatic initiatives well in advance, this is killing Nigeria softly.”

The former NIIA director general said certain countries like the US and UK which had fingered the immediate past service chiefs of crimes against humanity were not likely to accept the ex-military commanders as ambassadors.

He stated, “The main problem any of the (former) service chiefs may have is that the international community have been speculating that they have violated human rights, that under their watch some people have been killed recklessly without due regard to both international law and international humanitarian law.”

“It depends on the country they will be posted to. If you send a service chief as an ambassador to the United States for instance, what will you expect? US is one of the countries that have accused the service chiefs of having violated human rights. Do you think they will be able to survive in that case in terms of negotiating skill? Not likely. If you send to Britain, the same thing.

“If you send to probably Cote D’Ivoire, Togo, Venezuela, all those places where strategic interest do not constitute the issue, in this case, yes, they may do well but you need someone who is very conversant with a very dishonest manner of operating international politics. International politics is very dishonest, everybody is struggling to undermine the other and you need a sophisticated career ambassador,” the diplomat added.

Continuing, Akinterinwa said, “A country can accept and may not accept (an ambassadorial appointee). The obstacle here even though there is rule of reciprocity if we name one and you refuse to accept, we too have the right to reject your own.

“But it is generally not done. When you present a candidate to a country, rather than writing you a bad letter to say they reject, they may keep quiet. So, long silence, no reply simply means rejection. That is the context under which we call them persona non grata – that is unwanted person.”

The former NIIA director general said Nigeria needs diplomatic careerists to engage in diplomatic negotiations, adding that political or non-career ambassadors have bastardised Nigeria’s diplomacy and foreign policy objectives in recent times.

https://punchng.com/us-uk-wont-accept-buratai-other-ex-service-chiefs-as-ambassadors-says-ex-niia-dg-akinterinwa/
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Sizzorkay: 10:38am On Feb 05, 2021
All you tribal lunatics ruining this thread should take your garbage arguments elsewhere. Jeez

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 11:45am On Feb 05, 2021
The Muslim Rights Concern (MURIC) has said that it has overwhelming evidence of destructions of farmlands by Fulani herdsmen across all the States of the federation.

MURIC wants the Federal Government to compensate farming in all the states where herdsmen invade farms with their animals

PRESS RELEASE:

HERDSMEN: COMPENSATE FARMERS FOR LOSS OF CROPS – MURIC TELLS FG

The Muslim Rights Concern (MURIC) has called on the Federal Government to compensate farmers whose crops were destroyed by herdsmen’s cows. MURIC suggests that the compensation which may be instalmental, should be paid to farmers whose farms were destroyed in all states of the federation. The group said it now has concrete evidence of the culpability of herdsmen, including video clips in which cows destroyed farms belonging to members of the organization.

This was contained in a press statement issued by the director of the human rights organization, Professor Ishaq Akintola, on Friday, 5th February, 2021.

The statement reads:

“MURIC is now in possession of indubitable evidence of the destruction of crops on farmlands by cows brought by herdsmen. We sent out feelers to all states where we have branches of MURIC and the reports are overwhelmingly convincing. We asked our members to supply information on the activities of herdsmen in their states, including Abuja. In fact we were stupefied by the outcome.

“The most recent report from a young member of MURIC in Ogun State who ventured into agriculture reads: ‘Herders invaded my five hectares of rice farm three days ago (Sunday, 31st January, 2021) and it was totally destroyed. The incident happened at the farm of Sanpro Foods, a rice production company whose premises is located at the Oyan farm settlement, Ibaro Rice Village, Ibaro in Abeokuta North Local Government, Abeokuta, Ogun State. The farm is along Igboora Road after the roundabout.’

“The most heart-rending part of the report was towards the end where it added: ‘The most frustrating part is am not getting my investment back and I hate this feeling of 'nothing can be done'. I don't know what to do, perhaps I should organise a press conference.’

“As if that was not enough, the mudiir (principal) of a local Arabic school in Lagos also reported another sad incident in which herders brought cows to invade his father’s cashew farm in Ijomu-Oro, Kwara State. Everything was destroyed and he lamented that his father would have realised millions of naira had he been able to harvest his cashew nuts. He added that the fear of herders has forced farmers in Ido-Oro (also in Kwara State) to abandon their farms.

“This is frightening. Farmers in Kwara State are afraid of going to their farms due to the activities of herders. Farmers in Zamfara and Katsina have run away from their farms for fear of being killed or kidnapped by bandits. Farmers in Ilesa, Osun State, those in Igangan, Oyo State and those in Ebonyi live in palpable fear of herders. From where shall food come to our tables? Famine is coming! Cows and bandits have taken over Nigerian farms.

“MURIC charges FG and the state governments to take responsibility. It is very clear that FG is yet to appreciate what farmers are going through in the hands of marauding herdsmen. Perhaps we will appreciate the pain of farmers better when we realise that agriculture essentially entails a long and slow process from clearing to planting and harvesting.

“No crop starts germinating in a single day and ripens for harvest the next day. Both cash and food crops are the outcome of hard work and patient perseverance over time, sometimes two or three years. The shortest is three months for crops like corn and yam. How would you feel if someone just walks in and smashes all what you have been putting together for months or years? We therefore declare that farmers have been patient enough. FG should do something urgently.

“What MURIC will like to suggest is that FG should roll out a compensation programme, albeit instalmentally, to be paid to farmers of all categories who have evidence of loss of crops due to the activities of herders and bandits. This will make government’s policy of bailout comprehensive, fair and balanced.

“We recall our advice to FG two days ago in which we advocated for payment of bailout for herders to enable them buy land from private owners for use as ranches. The compensation we are now asking for farmers who lost their crops will be spread to all parts of the country: farmers in Benue, Ondo, Sokoto, Ekiti, Enugu, Ogun, Katsina, etc will be eligible. This is the way government can take responsibility. We may add here that such compensation will assuage farmers, douse tension across the country and inject a new dose of confidence in Project Nigeria.

“We were motivated to offer this advice after a female member of MURIC related her experience. She reported how she witnessed an argument between some herdsmen and farmers when she travelled to visit her mother in Ilesa in 2019. According to her, the herdsmen had driven cows unto a farm thereby destroying everything in it. The farmer insisted on compensation or there would be trouble and he only backed down after the herdsmen paid the money.

“This example shows that payment of compensation to farmers will bring peace to our troubled land. We are also aware that in the culture of the herdsmen, those who kill their cows can only be forgiven after compensation has been paid.

“We therefore appeal to all ethnic groups who are currently agitating to simmer down. There is no problem without a solution so long as we can have time to sit down and think. We call on the security agencies to descend on criminals among the herdsmen as well as others in society and bring them to book. What we should not do is ethnic profiling. But no tribe has immunity so long as crime has been committed and evidence has been provided.

“We remind Nigerians that wars and conflicts have not yielded positive results anywhere in Africa. It was Herodotus who said, ‘In peace, sons bury their fathers, but in war, fathers bury their sons.’ The question is : do we want to start burying our sons? May Allah forbid. Neither does anyone know who will survive if we start a war. That was why Bertrand Russell said, ‘War does not determine who is right, but who is left’. We hope Nigerians still have time to ponder before we start counting bodybags.”

Professor Ishaq Akintola,
Director,
Muslim Rights Concern (MURIC)

http://muslimrightsmuric./2021/02/herdsmen-compensate-farmers-for-loss-of.html?m=1
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Whyem15: 11:57am On Feb 05, 2021
Reading about the Timbuktu triangle and I found out the place was heavily protected by the insurgents with some camps having the capability to bring down low flying aircrafts. Several soldiers have been lost in that area until the insurgents were finally dislodged from the location few days ago.

My question is what exactly is the purpose of the NA artillery corps? Artillery bombardment would have made the camps hell for the terrorists. The same thing with the bandits camps in the forests of northwest and northcentral Nigeria. Many of these camps can be targeted by artillery bombardments. The psychological effects alone is enough to prevent many of the attacks from the terrorist and bandits. It will also reduce casualties on the part of the infantry corps.

Capability development for the artillery corps is far more important, cheaper and more effective than establishing a air corps for the army.

9 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Whyem15: 12:15pm On Feb 05, 2021
Whyem15:
Reading about the Timbuktu triangle and I found out the place was heavily protected by the insurgents with some camps having the capability to bring down low flying aircrafts. Several soldiers have been lost in that area until the insurgents were finally dislodged from the location few days ago.

My question is what exactly is the purpose of the NA artillery corps? Artillery bombardment would have made the camps hell for the terrorists. The same thing with the bandits camps in the forests of northwest and northcentral Nigeria. Many of these camps can be targeted by artillery bombardments. The psychological effects alone is enough to prevent many of the attacks from the terrorist and bandits. It will also reduce casualties on the part of the infantry corps.

Capability development for the artillery corps is far more important, cheaper and more effective than establishing a air corps for the army.

Now let's even put into consideration that there are always human shields in such camps, can't these camps be scouted by drones, the coordinates of strategic targets relayed to the artillery units for limited strikes in a way that civilian casualties will be minimized.

Honestly, I see artilleries as the easiest way to reduce the pressure on the army. It can even be used to soften targets before infantry moves in.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 12:16pm On Feb 05, 2021
Mods, please help us clean this thread! What is all this
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 12:17pm On Feb 05, 2021
Whyem15:

Now let's even put into consideration that there are always human shields in such camps, can't these camps be scouted by drones, the coordinates of strategic targets relayed to the artillery units for limited strikes in a way that civilian casualties will be minimized.

Honestly, I see artilleries as the easiest way to reduce the pressure on the army. It can even be used to soften targets before infantry moves in.
Why do you think the Artillery corps haven't been doing anything
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 12:27pm On Feb 05, 2021
Herdsmen in Edo, set farmlands worth N600m ablaze

Three farmers have reportedly been killed by suspected herders at the small town of Ugo in Orhionmwon Local Government Area of Edo State while farm produces worth almost N600 million were also destroyed and set ablaze.

A farmer, Mr Michael Eghaghe alleged that the Fulani cattle rearers used their cattle to graze the farmlands where thousands of plantain, pineapple, cocoa, cassava and mature cocoa trees are grown, adding that they also slashed and set the farmlands ablaze.

Eghaghe who spoke in Benin yesterday said that the herders have been grazing on his farm since 2017, just as he added that the farm measured 64 hectares.

He said that he started taking proper records of the destruction of his farm way back in 2018 as the herders set the farm ablaze.

They placed thousands of cattle in my cassava farm and uprooted the crops for cow feed. They also cut down the plantain, feeding their livestock with the stem. The here’s suck the water during the dry season and also serve as medicine.”

He continued: “While some of the crops were set ablaze, uprooted, slashed and cut down by the herders, four big water tanks, two weed spraying pump machines and the keys to the farmhouse were also destroyed and some of my workers were assaulted with different degrees of body injuries.”

He disclosed that he was kidnapped by the killer herdsmen in his farm and a ransom of N1 million paid for his release, noting that he has written several petitions to President Muhammadu Buhari; Attorney-General of the Federation; the IGP; Edo State Governor; Director, DSS; the Commandant of 4 Brigade; the Commissioner of Police, Edo State; Attorney-General and Commissioner of Justice, Edo State, to draw their attention to the illegal activities of the herders.

While appealing to well-meaning Nigerians to come to his aid, the farmer said that he is highly frustrated by the activities herders.

https://tribuneonlineng.com/herdsmen-kill-three-farmers-in-edo-set-farmlands-worth-n600m-ablaze/amp/?__twitter_impression=true
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 12:46pm On Feb 05, 2021
Whyem15:

Troops Casualties was as a result of IEDs
It's a problem Artillery can't handle.
We lost a few Of UAE-made Isortex APC due to IEDs we thank God troops managed to dislodge the Camp
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 1:12pm On Feb 05, 2021
grin
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by ariesbull: 1:51pm On Feb 05, 2021
tsdarkside:

have you lost your freakin mind....??

na too much akpu dey worry you ni....??
this one has tormented him

LoL
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Litmus: 2:27pm On Feb 05, 2021
BabaOwen:
Herdsmen in Edo, set farmlands worth N600m ablaze

Three farmers have reportedly been killed by suspected herders at the small town of Ugo in Orhionmwon Local Government Area of Edo State while farm produces worth almost N600 million were also destroyed and set ablaze.

A farmer, Mr Michael Eghaghe alleged that the Fulani cattle rearers used their cattle to graze the farmlands where thousands of plantain, pineapple, cocoa, cassava and mature cocoa trees are grown, adding that they also slashed and set the farmlands ablaze.

Eghaghe who spoke in Benin yesterday said that the herders have been grazing on his farm since 2017, just as he added that the farm measured 64 hectares.

He said that he started taking proper records of the destruction of his farm way back in 2018 as the herders set the farm ablaze.

They placed thousands of cattle in my cassava farm and uprooted the crops for cow feed. They also cut down the plantain, feeding their livestock with the stem. The here’s suck the water during the dry season and also serve as medicine.”

He continued: “While some of the crops were set ablaze, uprooted, slashed and cut down by the herders, four big water tanks, two weed spraying pump machines and the keys to the farmhouse were also destroyed and some of my workers were assaulted with different degrees of body injuries.”

He disclosed that he was kidnapped by the killer herdsmen in his farm and a ransom of N1 million paid for his release, noting that he has written several petitions to President Muhammadu Buhari; Attorney-General of the Federation; the IGP; Edo State Governor; Director, DSS; the Commandant of 4 Brigade; the Commissioner of Police, Edo State; Attorney-General and Commissioner of Justice, Edo State, to draw their attention to the illegal activities of the herders.

While appealing to well-meaning Nigerians to come to his aid, the farmer said that he is highly frustrated by the activities herders.

https://tribuneonlineng.com/herdsmen-kill-three-farmers-in-edo-set-farmlands-worth-n600m-ablaze/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Others in similar situations throughout Nigeria should keep video as well as pictorial records of these events for evidence in a class action suit against state or national government at the Haig or some international tribunal. This is necessary and also a cover in case of some catastrophic event less the international community act as if they were not warned or not aware of what is going on in Nigeria in terms of attacks on farmers and Nigeria’s agriculture sector.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by IGpro1(m): 2:33pm On Feb 05, 2021
ariesbull:

This pain am well
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by tsdarkside(m): 2:46pm On Feb 05, 2021
IGpro1:
you be mumu, I'm a proud Edo born, flesh and blood...your papa no get sense. Why should a proud Esan boy deny his root.
Only Goats like you refuse to take correction.
Wetin concern me concern Igbo. Thunder bend your mouth.

you are edo....??

then why do you give a fvck about ipob....??

keep quiet....

do you even know much this stvpid ipobians insult edo people....??

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Whyem15: 3:40pm On Feb 05, 2021
Odunayaw:
Why do you think the Artillery corps haven't been doing anything

If they are working effectively, every terrorists and bandits will know that setting up bases or camps is setting themselves up for attacks. There will be fewer and weaker bases and camps from which terrorist and militants can operate from, armored vehicles, guntrucks, VBIEDs destroyed, fabricating workshops destroyed, logistics destroyed.

With air interdiction and Artilleries alone, their capabilities can be significantly reduced.

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 4:07pm On Feb 05, 2021

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ArLtr1wv1s

Popular Kaduna-based Islamic cleric, Dr. Ahmad Gumi, has met with some notorious bandits in Zamfara State.
The bandits are said to be those terrorising Shinkafi Local Government Area of the state.

The meeting was in continuation of the peace moves by Gumi.

The Islamic cleric began his peace moves with visits to the hideouts of bandits terrorising Zaria-Giwa roads as well as Birnin Gwari area in Kaduna State earlier in the year.

Speaking during the meeting, top armed commanders of the group, Kachalla Turji of Shinkafi and Kachalla Muhammadu Bello, lamented that security personnel had killed many of their family members, with many of them losing virtually all their possessions through cattle rustling, extortion by security agents and military bombardments.

As a result, they lamented that thousands of their youths do not have anything to do and there is no means of livelihood hence their decision to go into arms struggle.

They accused the government of not being sincere in ending instances of banditry and kidnappings.

The cleric pleaded for their understanding and urged them to cease all hostilities and allow him to reach out to President Muhammadu Buhari to see how their legitimate grievances could be addressed immediately.

Gumi told them that they should not expect magic from him as his success would depend on the cooperation or otherwise that he would get from the Nigerian government which has the authority over decision making.

He presented them with Islamic books, including copies of the Qur’an and wrappers. He said everything he was doing was being funded by a foundation and with the help of other well-meaning individuals and not the government.

http://saharareporters.com/2021/02/03/islamic-cleric-sheikh-gumi-meets-over-500-bandits-zamfara-begs-them-repent

(1) (2) (3) ... (1519) (1520) (1521) (1522) (1523) (1524) (1525) ... (2202) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.