Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,520 members, 7,836,980 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:18 PM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (1524) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3048943 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1521) (1522) (1523) (1524) (1525) (1526) (1527) ... (2202) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by youghs: 5:04pm On Feb 06, 2021
Please does anyone knows why NAF isn't releasing footage of their operations since the change of their chief
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Lurker4Long: 5:07pm On Feb 06, 2021
Pages and pages of primitive tribal nonsense! It's the 21st century and some still revel in a primary "tribal" identity!
Giant of Africa, my arse!

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 6:18pm On Feb 06, 2021
youghs:
Please does anyone knows why NAF isn't releasing footage of their operations since the change of their chief
What's this? What has the change of the Air chief have to do with anything and for how long sef as there been change.

The way some of you just raise smoke en

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by IGpro1(m): 6:37pm On Feb 06, 2021
Lurker4Long:
Pages and pages of primitive tribal nonsense! It's the 21st century and some still revel in a primary "tribal" identity!
Giant of Africa, my arse!
you have no arse to start with.
Zulu boy

9 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 6:39pm On Feb 06, 2021
youghs:
NAF hardly release footages only DHQ does go check when last NAF released strike footages..
It has nothing to do with change of CAS.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Xbee007(m): 6:42pm On Feb 06, 2021
youghs:
Since before the service chiefs change. It is not every video they need to release to the public.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Lurker4Long: 7:23pm On Feb 06, 2021
Quod erat demonstrandum!
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 9:01pm On Feb 06, 2021
youghs:

I thought I was the only one thinking about these ?
Let's hope things would change once they assume office properly

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 9:07pm On Feb 06, 2021
NA PHANTOM APC

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 9:36pm On Feb 06, 2021
NA personnel with a CMS 338 Lapua sniper riffle

5 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 9:57pm On Feb 06, 2021
Commander, Operation LAFIA DOLE, Maj Gen Yahaya, said 52 insurgents were killed in the last one week, urged troops to sustain offensive. The TC was on operational tour of frontline formations yesterday to commend troops for thrusting deep into insurgents camps in Sambisa Forest.

Source @uncledeji

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 10:20pm On Feb 06, 2021
tsdarkside:

tahh....
gerrout....!!

wetin una dey discuss here sef that is important....??

wankers....!!
You should be getting out. There is no place for filth that flies like you will perch on

Shoo! Out

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by tsdarkside(m): 10:47pm On Feb 06, 2021
Odunayaw:
You should be getting out. There is no place for filth that flies like you will perch on

Shoo! Out

chai....who you dey call fly....??
i don suffer....

you dey craze....
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Hennynitan(m): 11:27pm On Feb 06, 2021
Mynd44 your attention is needed in this thread. This is a military thread and not a tribal thread

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by mekussa(m): 1:13am On Feb 07, 2021
Odunayaw:

Shoo! Out

You are now giving the vulture something to feast on.

Vultures normally come here, fly around, make noise and fly away.

Deny them food and they fight over scraps (like they have been doing for about 3 pages).... and leave.

They only stay when they see food.

5 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by youghs: 1:57am On Feb 07, 2021
bidexiii:
NA PHANTOM APC

Seems like we got alot these APCs

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by jpphilips(m): 5:35am On Feb 07, 2021
ecomog1990:

Mate, you totally misinterpreted section 7 of the Armed Forces Act 2004.

grin Haba, try good habit, if you dont understand something, ask, instead of bad habit, attack writer and hope he defends himself by explaining what you wish to understand grin

I have full copy and read long ago, the Armed Forces Act Chapter A20 Laws of the Federation of Nigeria 2004.

We reviewed complex sections of interest with fellows in defence sector and constitutional lawyers.

You failed to make any interpretation mate, you only made a noise that nobody benefited from.

Now to help you interpret what you find confusing on CDS role in Nigeria's DHQ.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

You misinterpreted legal provisions of Part III sect. 7 sub-sect 1, 2 & 3. It says:

"Chief of Defence Staff shall, subject to general direction of the President and National Assembly, be vested with day to-day command and general superintendence of the Armed Forces.

Not withstanding, the President may make regulations as to the Service Chief in whom command over the respective service is vested;

Those regulations made under this section may provide for the duties, functions and powers of the Chief of Defence Staff and Service Chiefs.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Nigerian constitution boldly says duties functions powers of CDS are subject to directions of the President and regulated by the President, meaning he no longer has any role that the President takes away and prefers to give that role to others as in COAS CAS CNS to perform.
This is where you did not understand, causing your mistake.

Also this is how practically and traditionally all Nigerian Presidents subject and regulate CDS role into administrative + operational as I said, while field command of combat regiments, even procurement of equipment are always given to COAS CAS CNS, because constitution allows it to be done so by the boss of the CDS, Mr. President.

Next time when you read laws, try read complete sections, sub-sections and clauses that interpret each provision so that you avoid this type of legal mistake + misunderstanding.

Enjoy your evening mate.

First, I referred him to the armed forces act because he claimed the office of the CDS is ceremonial, which was a s!lly statement, I was expecting you to show us from the law where it said so, you ran away from the common sense issue then drifted to interprete what you don't understand.

The fact that CDS is operational at the direction of the president does not make him ceremonial its a childish thought process, every service chief is operational at the behest of the president because the constitution & AFA conferred on the president the position of "COMMANDER IN CHIEF", I wrote the later in bold because you have clearly spoken like someone that doesn't know what that means.

Since the CDS is vested with the day to-day command and general superintendence of the Armed Forces by law, without that clause, he will be more powerful than the President.

Speaking of deployments & procurement, Agwai & Ogbemudia did it under OBJ as CDS, stop talking like a teenager.

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by jpphilips(m): 5:42am On Feb 07, 2021
ariesbull:

Do you know that I am igbo.... The truth is that Kanu is more popular than any politician and he is accepted... He doesn't want to contest an election.. he has the people he wants biafra and that is what it is... Unfortunately for Nigeria they are now armed...

Can Nigeria fight war in two fronts .. North East and South East

grin angry grin grin
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by jpphilips(m): 5:56am On Feb 07, 2021
ariesbull:

Landlocked.... Who told you that igbo land is landlocked .... I laugh ! With access to sea from two sides, Onitsha and obuaku blue sea

Ethiopia and Rwanda are landlocked and theey are far better run than Nigeria in all ramification

The best economies in europe Luxembourg, Switzerland, lichtenstein and Austria are all landlocked and better run

So trust igbo they would be better run... Stop begging for unity... They are not your gods they want to go let them go

lol, this guy must be from Hungary, you accessed a sea through Onitsha? lol, even God that created Onitsha a river will shudder at your mis-interpretation, there is nothing like Obuaku blue sea in Igbo land. They would've used it to evade the 1968 blockade during the civil war.
Onitsha river (River Niger) opened to the sea through the Niger delta, far from igbo land, that leaves Biafra at the mercy of Niger delta, we already know the views of the ND with the IPOB massacre at Obigbo.

Speaking of Landlocked countries in Africa, Of 16 Africa’s landlocked countries, 14 of them are ranked “low” on the Human Development Index (HDI), a statistic that takes into account factors such as life expectancy, education, and income per capita.
Goodluck to Landlocked Biafra, they will just join the statistics of poverty in Africa, I saw where you mentioned Switzerland, lol.

You expect Biafra run by a lunatic like Kanu to end up like Switzerland? goodluck again!!

10 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by jpphilips(m): 6:06am On Feb 07, 2021
ariesbull:

The greatest army on the world is the army of volunteers not conscripted ... Trust me the army ESN has are volunteer and theey are ready to die for an ideology and trust me these. Guys seem to be more cordinated from the way things are and theey are using. Guerilla approach we have seen how they engaged the army in Orlu and the impact

My dear, USA saw this in Vietnam

The only option left for Nigeria is negotiate... Remember that oil installation and oil pipeline pass through the length and breath of South Eastern Nigeria and if they can hurt these critical installation, the nation would be on their knees

Trust me.... They have learnt a whole lot of lesson from their war weary fathers on the 1970s....

So the best thing is negotiate with them or Pull out

Can Nigeria afford the new hostilities ? The answer is no... CAN ESN afford the new hostility considering the Diasporan funds .... Yes

But do we need this hostility ... No

All Nigeria need to do is be fair to igbo and give in

Who told you Vietnam didn't conscript their soldiers? even US the aggressor used draft lotteries to conscript soldiers, every conscript is a volunteer depending on the nature & duration of the war.

Vietnam had volunteer units like every other under dog in a protracted conflict, the rest of your Bifra hype is a pile of cow dung, your doubts will soon be cleared.

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by jpphilips(m): 6:12am On Feb 07, 2021
ariesbull:

You don't get it, once an internation river gets or opens to ocean, there is law allowing all the litoral nations to access the water ways... It's called the Danube laws and cabotage laws...

That is the only thing that matters and I don't think Nigeria has the right to stop them ...the way egypy can't stop those in lower nile from accessing it and what is Nigerian territory

Bonny is an igbo speaking island, Opobo is an igbo speaking place and these are very close to Atlantic ....and you can't stop the biafra from accessing that ...trust me , if that happens that would be a renewed confrontation and we don't want that

What they need is concession ...and from the look of things Rivers would definitely align with igbo becuase 70% of the people there are igbo speaking from Ikwerre to Ndoni ,from Opobo to Ndoki

East, west North and South what we need is peace and equity

Let's work towards peace

Cabotage laws are designed by host countries not foreign trespassers, if Nigeria so chooses that Biafra will not enjoy the Nun & Forcados rivers which are the Tributaries of Onitsha Niger river, then that becomes our Cabotage law, Ethiopia doesn't enjoy the Nile river more than Egypt allows, never!!
You can read the battle of the Nile to get a clue.

Bonny & Opobo understand igbo because of historical trade relationships, that does not make them Igbo speaking, Bonny are Ibani people not igbo while Opobo is Defaka.

Its shocking the infantile logic an igbo man applies, because a person speak a similar language doesn't mean he is one of you, do You expect England to accept you simply because you can write & speak English??

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by jpphilips(m): 6:23am On Feb 07, 2021
ariesbull:

Well, I think you are right in way but let's dialogue... I strongly believe in dialogue

Hong Kong is small as why chinese haven't invaded them... Because they know that they would get support

Isreal is small why haven't the whole arab invaded them ... They saw what happened to them during yom kippur .. and that is support

So as of support, trust me the igbo have a huge Diasporan connection and they are in high places...but we don't want war! I personally would go for a peaceful resolution of this conflict there should be a middle ground here ....but will Nigeria seek dialogue ?

Also... Let me tell you about international support, people wood always support a cause depending on how you sell it... If nations could support biafra then trust me with many igbo in Diasporan at high places gaining support wouldn't be an issue and also ... The black market arms dealers I'm the Eastern Europe would jump at the offer

So as of support trust me these guys got it.... How did Kanu stay on Isreal and overseas ? Ask yourself that question yet he hasn't been repatriated

My position is simple.... I don't ask for war and I don't want war but the greatest mistake any war strategist would make is to under estimate the enemy

We saw that in biafra war when they said that it would be a police action ... Yet the war lasted 3 hole years with heavy casualties on both sides ...

grin grin grin grin
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by jpphilips(m): 6:26am On Feb 07, 2021
GeneralFarouq:

Isreal has a strategic importance to America and Europe.... .
Hong Kong enjoys it privileges because the US wants to ruin China...
Tell me what importance does the Igbo land has to world powers.. No world power both west and east would want to trade the control it has over Nigeria for the IPOB.
The only support u may get is from Ghana is S.A

Hongkong is strategic to Britain not US.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by jpphilips(m): 6:30am On Feb 07, 2021
ariesbull:

You will not understand... That was the question that the former Nigerians asked then... In biafra war until they saw biafra been supported by nations like France, Isreal etc

My dear, the world has changed and even if nothing, the strategic importance of the oil wells in Biafran region would make countries like china , Isreal listen to them ... St least you know igbo have always had a strategic relationship with Isreal years now

Apart from that... The EU is still mad at UK and theey would jump at any opportunity to see that UK is humbled ... Trust me

It depends on the handlers of biafra what they would sell

Let's stop the emotions... The truth is that Nigeria must start negotiating and pacifying the igbo... Majority of Igbo are tired and trust me ...

We don't pray for hostility because if it comes....

So let's engage and gragra no dey win anything... It hasn't won BH , Niger Delta Militants and hasn't stopped IPOB either

Make we dey learn naaa

pls go and study for your Jamb, uve said more than enough BS already.

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 7:27am On Feb 07, 2021
youghs:

Seems like we got alot these APCs

Hmmmm....?

I think we only got few, 8 in total and we've already lost one to I.E.D. One can't really tell if we purchased them or they where gift
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 7:37am On Feb 07, 2021
bidexiii:

Hmmmm....?

I think we only got few, 8 in total and we've already lost one to I.E.D. One can't really tell if we purchased them or they where gift
we've lost actually up to 5
Two to IED,one to VBIED,two during ambush

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by jpphilips(m): 8:34am On Feb 07, 2021
Whyem15:

The honest truth is that you can't get Biafra through negotiations or any other peaceful solution. No reasonable nation or government will willingly do that. The only way you can get what you are clamoring for is through war, the casualties will be crazy and you might still not get what you want.
The only other alternative is to lobby other regions to seek for restructuring, return to true federalism and more autonomy for constituent unit.

The earlier you realize that there won't be a peaceful way out of Nigeria the better.

War is no guarantee either, it if we look deep in history, even if Biafra defeats Nigeria (very laughable to say the least), UNSC will still ratify their territorial integrity.

Lebanon: Hezbollah defeated the government of Lebanon, UNSC recognized the defeated government, hezbollah moved to control parliament but never the country.

China: Taiwan defeated China, UNSC refused to recognize them based on Chinese alliances, the UNSC seat remained with China including her territory.

Mali: Anzawad defeated the Malian government, UNSC refused to recognize Anzawad.

I can do this all day, Biafra is a bloody waste of time.

8 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by GeneralFarouq: 8:47am On Feb 07, 2021
jpphilips:

Hongkong is strategic to Britain not US.
I didn't say it was, did I?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by ariesbull: 9:12am On Feb 07, 2021
jpphilips:

pls go and study for your Jamb, uve said more than enough BS already.
did that 20 yrs ago... Have you done that
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by ariesbull: 9:17am On Feb 07, 2021
jpphilips:

Cabotage laws are designed by host countries not foreign trespassers, if Nigeria so chooses that Biafra will not enjoy the Nun & Forcados rivers which are the Tributaries of Onitsha Niger river, then that becomes our Cabotage law, Ethiopia doesn't enjoy the Nile river more than Egypt allows, never!!
You can read the battle of the Nile to get a clue.

Bonny & Opobo understand igbo because of historical trade relationships, that does not make them Igbo speaking, Bonny are Ibani people not igbo while Opobo is Defaka.

Its shocking the infantile logic an igbo man applies, because a person speak a similar language doesn't mean he is one of you, do You expect England to accept you simply because you can write & speak English??

You are too emotional... That river be it Niger of Obuaku is an international river. ....

All nations agree that only riparian nations—nations across which, or along which, a river flows—have any legal right, apart from an agreement, to use the water of a river. ... International water law helps enable nations to peacefully share a river basin and the waters it contains.

http://www.waterencyclopedia.com/La-Mi/Law-International-Water.html#:~:text=All%20nations%20agree%20that%20only,the%20water%20of%20a%20river.&text=International%20water%20law%20helps%20enable,and%20the%20waters%20it%20contains.

International water law helps enable nations to peacefully share a river basin and the waters it contains. The UN Convention (an international agreement) embraces several principles that will likely become the guiding force in managing international watercourses and resolving water conflicts

Read more: http://www.waterencyclopedia.com/La-Mi/Law-International-Water.html#ixzz6lltfJkkn
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by ariesbull: 9:19am On Feb 07, 2021
jpphilips:

Who told you Vietnam didn't conscript their soldiers? even US the aggressor used draft lotteries to conscript soldiers, every conscript is a volunteer depending on the nature & duration of the war.

Vietnam had volunteer units like every other under dog in a protracted conflict, the rest of your Bifra hype is a pile of cow dung, your doubts will soon be cleared.

Every conscript isn't a volunteer... Most deserters are conscripted

Volunteers rarely desert

Let's talk about the Internation Rivers

International water law helps enable nations to peacefully share a river basin and the waters it contains. The UN Convention (an international agreement) embraces several principles that will likely become the guiding force in managing international watercourses and resolving water conflicts

Read more: http://www.waterencyclopedia.com/La-Mi/Law-International-Water.html#ixzz6lltfJkkn

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1521) (1522) (1523) (1524) (1525) (1526) (1527) ... (2202) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.