Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,972 members, 7,863,466 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 06:19 PM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (1528) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3076670 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1525) (1526) (1527) (1528) (1529) (1530) (1531) ... (2204) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 3:44pm On Feb 09, 2021
SamuelAnyawu:
Please is there always a means of communication between Supercamps and Military convoys on the roads? ISWAP did a surprise attack on the Monguno entrance yesterday, while the military at the entrance said they thought it was a military convoy returning to Monguno cool

Yes there is always communication between military formations and patrol teams !
Likewise NA troops due communicate amongst several units. The issue is not improper communication or lack of communication equipment but enemy infiltrating or posing like one of you on radio and wearing captured camo-flage/vehicles etc.
This is very bad tho, security amongst security boots on ground has to be checked !

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by cutievik: 4:01pm On Feb 09, 2021
bidexiii:

Yes there is always communication between military formations and patrol teams !
Likewise NA troops due communicate amongst several units. The issue is not improper communication or lack of communication equipment but enemy infiltrating or posing like one of you on radio and wearing captured camo-flage/vehicles etc.
This is very bad tho, security amongst security boots on ground has to be checked !

Bro, the former you mentioned are the real problems pulling down our security forces nationwide, inadequate communication gadgets and lack of communication between teams is at an all time low, when last did you see a policeman talking into his wakkie talkie? He sure knows he ain't getting some backup when the shit hits the fan, this IGP I can say did nothing new to help the police force..

This NE war zone is just a smaller picture from the reality in Nigeria, how many states can the police boosts of an robust security covering?? Wahala dey bro...

7 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by ariesbull: 8:02pm On Feb 09, 2021
jpphilips:

Are you serious? international law came into effect where? tell me which intl court dismantled the blockade, im listening to your ignorance!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.thenationalnews.com/world/uae-concludes-wto-dispute-after-qatar-backs-down-on-trade-ban-1.895954
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by JOSCOFELIX: 8:42pm On Feb 09, 2021
SamuelAnyawu:
I just enter Maiduguri now from deep field.

Which kind car be this grin
Seen around Gidan Madara Maiduguri. Tho I promised to keep all my military pictures for my book only
uncle samuel if you no give us that your book for this group for free, will go pay bh for you. try us and see grin grin grin grin
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 6:23am On Feb 10, 2021
[b]Nigeria Police Are Clueless About Handling Killer Fulani Herders – Evicted Seriki Fulani Of Eggua’s Son

Sulaimon Olooru, first son of the Seriki Fulani of Eggua community in the Yewa North Local Government Area of Ogun State, Adamu Olooru, has said the Nigeria Police are clueless about curtailing the criminal activities of killer Fulani herders across the country.

He said a new approach must be devised to fight the murderous nomads for peace to reign in the country.

Adamu told SaharaReporters in an exclusive interview on Monday in Eggua.

Speaking about his ordeal in the last few days, Sulaimon noted that the Nigeria Police had merely been fighting the killer Fulani herdsmen with theories with no practical improvements to show for it.

“I just left a meeting in Aiyetoro now. We had a meeting with the police. We have had a series of meetings like that in the past which yielded no successful results. Personally, I think the Nigeria Police cannot handle these criminal Fulanis. They don’t know what to do,” Sulaimon said.

He said the police do not even act on intelligence given to them prior to an attack and would rather wait for people to get killed before they respond.

“When we hear about the possibility of an attack or assault that might come from the nomads, we inform the police. But all that they tell you is to write a report. In most of these cases, they are even endangering the lives of people that give the information.

“In the end, they won’t make any moves until the incident has happened. And, they don’t arrest the criminals, instead, they will be asking you if you can identify one of the criminals. Who has the courage to identify criminals with guns and dangerous weapons?”

According to him, the lasting solution to the persistent crisis between farmers and herders in the country is that each region of the country should either manage their territory or break away.

“Honestly, I’m fed up with this crisis. I think what is best for all of us is to manage the land in each state or region by ourselves. Or, let regions break away in Nigeria if that will help us.

“I’m begging you, help us to tell the Nigerian government that if the police cannot handle insecurity in the country, we should go our separate ways.”[/b]

Sulaimon’s father, Seriki Fulani of Eggua, Adamu Olooru, recently fled the community after his house and a Fulani settlement where cattle were sold in the area, were burnt by some youths.

An Ibadan-based rights activist, Chief Sunday Adeyemo, popularly known as Sunday Igboho, had stormed Eggua with his lieutenants to assist the residents of the troubled community drive out Fulani herdsmen, whom they had blamed for the incessant kidnappings, killings and farm destructions in their area.

Shortly after Igboho's visit, the residence of Olooru was set ablaze as he was blamed for doing nothing about the criminal activities perpetrated by killer Fulani herders in the area.

Sulaimon told SaharaReporters that his father had relocated to Abeokuta following the incident.

He, however, did not disclose the area where his father moved to in Abeokuta.

https://saharareporters.com/2021/02/09/nigeria-police-are-clueless-about-handling-killer-fulani-herders-%E2%80%93evicted-seriki-fulani

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 8:26am On Feb 10, 2021
The Ondo State Security Network codenamed Amotekun Corps, Tuesday, impounded about 200 cows and arrested two underaged herders.

The cows and the herders were arrested along Ijare/Irese Road in Ifedore Local Government area of the state.

The seized cows and the herders, were later led from where they were arrested to the headquarters of the security outfit, at Akure, the state capital.

The movement of the cows along Orita Obele-Road Block- Ilesha Garage through Oyemekun Road, caused traffic snarl while people were hailing the bravery of the Amotekun Corps.

Confirming the incident, the Commander of Amotekun Corps in the state, Chief Adetunji Adeleye, said the cows and the herders were arrested for contravening the directive of the state government.

Adetunji, who spoke on phone, said what would happen in the current situation, would depend on the government.

“The current incident was a different one. The people cried to us that the cows were destroying their crops. When we moved our people to the place, the herders attacked our men.

“However, we were able to overpower them. We arrested two of the herders. They contravened the government directive in three ways.

“The herders we arrested are underaged. They grazed in the night and carry firearms and destroyed people’s crops.

“The matter was different from former ones. If it was destruction of farm crops, we can say they should pay for the destroyed crops and release the cows. This is not a straitjacket,” Adeleye said.

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2021/02/09/amotekun-arrests-two-armed-herdsmen-impounds-200-cows/
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 8:27am On Feb 10, 2021
Self-acclaimed freedom fighter, Mr. Sunday Adeyemo, also known as Sunday Igboho, on Tuesday, accused the Federal Government of freezing his bank accounts, following his attack on the killer-herdsmen in Oyo State.

Igboho, who spoke to Vanguard, confirmed that all his bank accounts have been frozen by the Federal Government because some people were collecting donations.

However, Igboho said he had no hands in the said donations, warning that his accounts must be unfrozen to avoid nationwide protest by youths across the South-West region.

His words: “They have frozen my bank accounts because I am fighting a just course. I know Yoruba people are behind me.

“I will not relent. I must achieve my aims by putting an end to criminalities in Yorubaland.

“If they refuse to release my accounts, there will be serious protests across the South-West.

“Yes, the Yoruba are living in fear. They are afraid that the killer-herdsmen might attack them.

Source: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/02/fg-has-frozen-my-bank-accounts-sunday-igboho-raises-the-alarm/amp/

This country is a joke.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 8:39am On Feb 10, 2021
homerac7:
@ariesbull and @BabaOwen

I am an Igbo like several other guys here. I plead that you two should stop derailing this thread already. It is embarrassing and thuggish at best - what you people are doing here. The thread clearly is for military discussion and not tribal bants. Please take your bants and drum beatings elsewhere and STOP it here already. It is infantile and unnecessary. Let us have sanity here. If you continue this way and the thread dies from disinterest from others, would you be happier? Maybe you guys should open one where you can have your type of discussions and nobody here will come disturb you there. But not here, please. angry angry angry angry
This post just dey funny me after going through it again grin

He det even refer to me as an Igbo guy... The way some of una dey reason for here eh cheesy
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 9:05am On Feb 10, 2021
I only clear person concerning the Bonny and Opobo issue and my last comment on that issue was on January 31... people wey dey go full tribal since February 1, maybe nah fear no make you mention dem name... Nah Wetin I no know anythinging about you dey call my attention to you fool angry

This nah the first comment wey go irritate me on this thread... Nonsense!!

Why I go ruin this thread wey I dey mostly pass around 100% legit information undecided

A useless coward and foolish hypocrite.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 9:11am On Feb 10, 2021
On this same thread, we don see person wey call himself a Colonel, same person don talk say him no b military say him nah civilian, same person don tell us say e don fight for North East before...

Same person don argue from the comfort of his home with person wey dey north east till the person in the NE disgrace am with pictures grin

That fool no see am talk about... Nah nonsense e dey talk concerning what I know nothing about angry

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 9:13am On Feb 10, 2021
President Muhumaadu Buhari has ordered arrest and prosecution of all illegal arms bearers in the country irrespective of their ethnic affiliation.

Presidential spokesman, Femi Adesina, yesterday disclosed this on Channels Television’s Politics Today programme monitored by our reporter.

Daily Trust had exclusively reported on Sunday that proliferation of arms was fuelling insecurity across the country.

Adesina said the president has zero tolerance for criminal elements and would not harbour anyone found wanting by security agencies.

“The president has always held the stance that anyone seen carrying a gun unlawfully should be arrested and tried regardless of where he comes from,” he said.

On the efforts of the Presidency towards bringing an end to the herdsmen’s crisis, Adesina said: “Some positions have been canvassed on settling this issue, the president has spoken about it. The old cattle routes we know have been taken over by civilization. So, it means we will have to look into ranching.

“Governor Ortom, in the past, had said that ranching is the way out of the crisis, but suddenly, he turned around that there is no land for it. Another alternative was the RUGA settlement, but people came out to say that there is no land for it. Now, some are saying that cattle rearing is a private business so the government must not be involved in it.

“That brings the question: Are we interested in settling these issues permanently to the good of all the sides? That is something we must consider.”

https://dailytrust.com/buhari-orders-arrest-prosecution-of-illegal-arms-bearers
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 9:16am On Feb 10, 2021
The Zamfara State Government says its sustained dialogue with bandits was producing results.

Commissioner of Security and Home Affairs, Abubakar Dauran, said more gunmen had submitted their weapons.

He spoke on Tuesday at a joint press briefing with the Police at the State Command Headquarters in Gusau. Anambra 360 Reports

Daura commented on the arms a bandit leader, Daudawa and his followers gave up on Monday.

“These 20 AK47 riffles were surrendered at once by just one gang of repentant armed bandits and l can tell you, each of these weapons is capable of killing 2,000 persons”, he said.

Commissioner of Police, Yaro Abutu, assured that the command would continue to support government’s peace initiative.

He said the command had rescued many kidnapped victims and recovered several arms and ammunition from repentant bandits in recent months.

https://dailypost.ng/2021/02/09/each-weapon-bandits-submitted-can-kill-2000-people-zamafra-govt/

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 9:18am On Feb 10, 2021
This bandits even get RPG

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 10:08am On Feb 10, 2021
NA EOD technicians defusing an IED a few days ago during clearance operations in Alagarno, the Timbuktu Triangle. As can be seen, earth movers have been employed to create a network of dirt roads to facilitate NA movements and patrols around the axis.

https://twitter.com/_AlameenYaqub/status/1359258547989721091?s=19

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 10:21am On Feb 10, 2021
UPDATE: Yesterday evening the Nigerian Troops dealt decisive blow on BokoHaram fighters trying to infiltrate & attack Geidam town. I salute the swift response & gallantry of Op Tura Takaibango, I’m happy with our troops consistent winning ways.

Source : https://twitter.com/DejiAdesogan/status/1359427330469470211?s=19
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SamuelAnyawu(m): 10:37am On Feb 10, 2021
BabaOwen:
This bandits even get RPG

I hope Bandits don’t have guntrucks and AA.

The way I Dey fear that AA ehn embarassed

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Fynline(m): 10:41am On Feb 10, 2021
bidexiii:
UPDATE: Yesterday evening the Nigerian Troops dealt decisive blow on BokoHaram fighters trying to infiltrate & attack Geidam town. I salute the swift response & gallantry of Op Tura Takaibango, I’m happy with our troops consistent winning ways.

Source : https://twitter.com/DejiAdesogan/status/1359427330469470211?s=19

Quite a combination of heavy amour
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by cutievik: 11:01am On Feb 10, 2021
Fynline:

Quite a combination of heavy amour

The NA personnel's they try sha, see their positive attitude, I hail men. Now just imagine we had our MRAP'S flanking also from the sides, what a nice sight it would have been!. I must say I observed these Amoured column looks tired, especially the lead one in front... We need more energy in this fight..
God speed guys..
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 11:16am On Feb 10, 2021
SamuelAnyawu:

I hope Bandits don’t have guntrucks and AA.

The way I Dey fear that AA ehn embarassed
They have both.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 11:26am On Feb 10, 2021
#CION
#STI's & VT4-MBT

6 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by youghs: 11:36am On Feb 10, 2021
BabaOwen:
They have both.
Na you dash them bah

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by youghs: 11:38am On Feb 10, 2021
bidexiii:
#CION
#STI's & VT4-MBT

Ezugwu mrap sighted. I haven't come across any ARA mrap since the offensive started. Maybe they are for northern borno
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by cutievik: 1:10pm On Feb 10, 2021
bidexiii:
#CION
#STI's & VT4-MBT
I hope they aren't all unmanned, E no easy but na this kind thing dey make us lose equipments..
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 1:22pm On Feb 10, 2021
cutievik:

I hope they aren't all unmanned, E no easy but na this kind thing dey make us lose equipments..

I don't understand your point ?

This is a military F.O.B. with a very tight perimeter security, why would you have to "Man" armored vehicles 24hrs of the day !

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Whyem15: 4:06pm On Feb 10, 2021
https://twitter.com/abh4real/status/1359428495441616898?s=19

Found this video on Twitter, don't know how recent it is but one of the soldiers made mention of the location being the headquarters of bokoharam.
If true, it is obvious that the terrorists have abandoned camp and dispersed far ahead of the arrival of the military in the camp. This can only mean few things, either they are withdrawing to concentrate their forces in a more easily defendable position, they are luring the troops into a massive ambush or they are simply dispersing to regroup after the offensive has lost its momentum. Whichever one it is, there is need for massive deployment of ISR platforms to smoke them out. Unfortunately, one of the ATR 42 is currently in Germany for maintenance. The death toll on the the part of the terrorists is just too low in relation to the gains of the offensive.

Also noticed in the video is the heavy deployment of tanks and other heavy firepower equipments.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Whyem15: 4:27pm On Feb 10, 2021
https://twitter.com/Affan1030/status/1359457952772612098?s=19

This video confirms that the terrorists are withdrawing from their strongholds and avoiding battles with the army. It is up to the airforce to be ahead of the army to clear them out before they move. And then maybe special forces to harass them and pin them down.

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Whyem15: 4:33pm On Feb 10, 2021
Whyem15:

Found this video on Twitter, don't know how recent it is but one of the soldiers made mention of the location being the headquarters of bokoharam.
If true, it is obvious that the terrorists have abandoned camp and dispersed far ahead of the arrival of the military in the camp. This can only mean few things, either they are withdrawing to concentrate their forces in a more easily defendable position, they are luring the troops into a massive ambush or they are simply dispersing to regroup after the offensive has lost its momentum. Whichever one it is, there is need for massive deployment of ISR platforms to smoke them out. Unfortunately, one of the ATR 42 is currently in Germany for maintenance. The death toll on the the part of the terrorists is just too low in relation to the gains of the offensive.

Also noticed in the video is the heavy deployment of tanks and other heavy firepower equipments.

Just found out that Izza was attacked on January 27 by NA and NAF two weeks ago, so it might justify the reason why it was abandoned by the survivors.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by youghs: 5:10pm On Feb 10, 2021
Whyem15:

This video confirms that the terrorists are withdrawing from their strongholds and avoiding battles with the army. It is up to the airforce to be ahead of the army to clear them out before they move. And then maybe special forces to harass them and pin them down.

The video is an old video
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Whyem15: 6:53pm On Feb 10, 2021
youghs:

The video is an old video

Okay, thanks.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 7:06pm On Feb 10, 2021
Another 8 #BokoHaram gun trucks were destroyed yesterday by Nigerian Air-force.
Yesterday at about 6pm,they actually wanted to ambush Nigerian troops. As usual the hunter became the hunted.
Nigerian Air Force, receiving advanced warning & hits on the targets.

7 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by kabe1: 8:08pm On Feb 10, 2021
Whyem15:

Although that's an old video, not from this offensive, but still pretty funny!!
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 9:29pm On Feb 10, 2021
Whyem15:

[/b]If true, it is obvious that the terrorists have abandoned camp and dispersed far ahead of the arrival of the military in the camp. This can only mean few things, either they are withdrawing to concentrate their forces in a more easily defendable position, they are luring the troops into a massive ambush or they are simply dispersing to regroup after the offensive has lost its momentum[b]. Whichever one it is, there is need for massive deployment of ISR platforms to smoke them out. Unfortunately, one of the ATR 42 is currently in Germany for maintenance. The death toll on the the part of the terrorists is just too low in relation to the gains of the offensive.

The video his around Dec 2020 - Jan 2021.
HUMINT has it that mass movement of BHT to the lake CHad region due to the heavy military operation in sambisa.
For total decimation of BHT, the Lake Chad region must be in total control of the military, year in and out. If not we keep on invading Sambisa forest every DEC-JAN !
Now Izza, is not BHT HQ but a kind of tactical HQ and where they regroup to lunch attack.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1525) (1526) (1527) (1528) (1529) (1530) (1531) ... (2204) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.