Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,916 members, 7,866,485 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 06:26 PM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (1559) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3079611 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1556) (1557) (1558) (1559) (1560) (1561) (1562) ... (2204) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by NafeesaAA(f): 8:08am On Mar 10, 2021
bidexiii:

That is a lot of rifles captured, as a product of one battle. That was one hell of a fight to produce this much seized war grade weapons. Something has apparently changed at tactical level at the frontlines: either intel has dramatically improved or the forceful character of the new COAS is rubbing off on the men or the crude but effective ISR capabilities of the NAF is helping to synergise nicely with the ground troops. Either, this is wonderful; brilliant news. They must sustain this level of fight against the enemy. Imagine what will happen when Jeff(JF-17) and A-29 (Tucano) berth?

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Xbee007(m): 8:20am On Mar 10, 2021
NafeesaAA:

That is a lot of rifles captured, as a product of one battle. That was one hell of a fight to produce this much seized war grade weapons. Something has apparently changed at tactical level at the frontlines: either intel has dramatically improved or the forceful character of the new COAS is rubbing off on the men or the crude but effective ISR capabilities of the NAF is helping to synergise nicely with the ground troops. Either, this is wonderful; brilliant news. They must sustain this level of fight against the enemy. Imagine what will happen when Jeff(JF-17) and A-29 (Tucano) berth?
They raided their armoury that was why there was so much weapon.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 8:47am On Mar 10, 2021
OP TURA TAKAIBANGO: TROOPS CLEAR CHIKUN GUDU, KERENOA AREAS IN BORNO

• Kill scores of BHTs/ISWAP terrorists, capture arms, ammunition

The combined troops of Sector 1 Operation LAFIYA DOLE and 402 Special Forces Brigade have continued to clear all villages and enclaves hitherto inhabited by the Boko Haram Terrorists (BHTs) and their Islamic State West Africa Province Counterparts (ISWAP) around Chikun Gudu, Kerenoa axis and environs in the ongoing Phase II of Operation "TURA TAKAIBANGO".

The clearance onslaught was based on the directives given by the Chief of Army Staff (COAS) Lieutenant General Ibrahim Attahiru when he visited the Theatre of Operation LAFIYA DOLE. During his operational visit to DIKWA, the COAS issued directives to troops to advance and recapture Marte and thereafter project further to clear other adjoining villages which include Chikun Gudu, Kerenoa and environs.

Following the directive, the gallant troops moved in, achieved the objective and projected ahead. In the course of the clearance operation, troops encountered heavy fleets of the terrorists, engaged and ultimately obliterated them. In the encounter, 25 members of the terrorist group were neutralized while the following weapons were captured: 2 Browny Machine Gun, 20 AK 47 Rifles and 5 FN Rifles, 2 60mm Motar Tube and 2 General Purpose Machine Guns.

Other weapons captured during the operation also include 3 Anti Air Craft Guns, 2 Automatic Grenade Launchers, 2 Gun trucks and one CJTF Hilux amongst others. The troops not swayed by the success project further to ensure no elements of the terrorists were left within the area.

The COAS has already commended the gallant troops and charged them to maintain the momentum in order to ensure that the area is completely cleared and dominated. He also instructed them not relent in their new offensive against terrorism and insurgency.

Mohammed Yerima
Brigadier General
Director Army Public Relations
9 March 2021

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 8:57am On Mar 10, 2021
More

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 9:00am On Mar 10, 2021
[/b]UPDATE REPORT-the attack carried out by the BH yesterday in Maiduguri was repelled after the Military fired artilleries to the position of the infidels, casualties figures of the Infidels is unknown yet. More details later[b]

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 9:04am On Mar 10, 2021
Guys it seems ISWAP/BHT have started to use some of its old tactics, also used in Syria and Iraq to prevent airstrike, ISR and drone from picking up the thermal signatures.
Can't wait for the UAV, JF 17 and super tucanos with their thermal sight's, there will be no more hiding place for these brats.

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by cutievik: 9:40am On Mar 10, 2021
bidexiii:
Guys it seems ISWAP/BHT have started to use some of its old tactics, also used in Syria and Iraq to prevent airstrike, ISR and drone from picking up the thermal signatures.
Can't wait for the UAV, JF 17 and super tucanos with their thermal sight's, there will be no more hiding place for these brats.
Enough of repelling my brother, let's decisively plan a coordinated attack on this guys.. Imagine them planning an attack on us every single time. Where are we getting it wrong, Nigeria is falling, we pray not to get caught in this web.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 9:48am On Mar 10, 2021
cutievik:

Enough of repelling my brother, let's decisively plan a coordinated attack on this guys.. Imagine them planning an attack on us every single time. Where are we getting it wrong, Nigeria is falling, we pray not to get caught in this web.

Buts that the whole essence of Operation TURA TAKAIBANGO.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 9:59am On Mar 10, 2021
cutievik:

seems you are not following up.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 10:38am On Mar 10, 2021
Concl...

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by mekussa(m): 11:10am On Mar 10, 2021
Toju200:
seems you are not following up.

He(and me too) are following up but..... Won't you be happier to hear and read more of headlines like....

"TROOPS OF OPERATION LAFIYA DOLE RAIDED/ATTACKED/DISLODGED A BOKO HARAM CAMP......."

and less of.....

"TROOPS OF OPERATION LAFIYA DOLE REPELLED A BOKO HARAM ATTACK OF 666 BATALLION IN PARIS,KILLING 200 AND RECOVERING AMMUNITION".

I am the first to admit that we are making lots of progress in the fronts but.... Theres a different level of joy when we are the ones that take the battles to them which we don't do as often as some of us would like....
Las las .... Who my opinion epp?

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Whyem15: 11:31am On Mar 10, 2021
mekussa:

He(and me too) are following up but..... Won't you be happier to hear and read more of headlines like....

"TROOPS OF OPERATION LAFIYA DOLE RAIDED/ATTACKED/DISLODGED A BOKO HARAM CAMP......."

and less of.....

"TROOPS OF OPERATION LAFIYA DOLE REPELLED A BOKO HARAM ATTACK OF 666 BATALLION IN PARIS,KILLING 200 AND RECOVERING AMMUNITION".

I am the first to admit that we are making lots of progress in the fronts but.... Theres a different level of joy when we are the ones that take the battles to them which we don't do as often as some of us would like....
Las las .... Who my opinion epp?

You think they will also prefer to wait for you to come raid their camps before they fight you?
All their attacks are diversionary. No real motivation behind them other than to force the military to allocate more assets to defending towns.
bidexiii:
Concl...

These bastards fielding heavier weapons now and it is largely due to the carelessness of NA.
Even if troops are going to withdraw from a base or abandon a position, it should be of utmost importance to destroy weapons first before leaving. With these artillery rounds, they can wreak havoc on any town/location they want.

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by mekussa(m): 12:07pm On Mar 10, 2021
Whyem15:

You think they will also prefer to wait for you to come raid their camps before they fight you?

Its a war and I don't expect the enemy to do what I what I expect neither would i be expected to do what they expect.
Keeping the enemy on the back foot is not a bad idea in war is it?

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 2:00pm On Mar 10, 2021
mekussa:

Its a war and I don't expect the enemy to do what I what I expect neither would i be expected to do what they expect.
Keeping the enemy on the back foot is not a bad idea in war is it?
like I said If you've been following up you would know what Op"TURA TAKAIBANGO"
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by mekussa(m): 4:56pm On Mar 10, 2021
Toju200:
like I said If you've been following up you would know what Op"TURA TAKAIBANGO"

And if you read what i wrote without ANY BIAS, you will know that i am asking for more action after acknowledging the one they are doing.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Ddream6627(m): 5:32pm On Mar 10, 2021
mekussa:

And if you read what i wrote without ANY BIAS, you will know that i am asking for more action after acknowledging the one they are doing.
agreed,seem we are the one defending against boko haram naw

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 5:59pm On Mar 10, 2021
mekussa:

what "More Action" do you want again. You want troops to take the battle to ISWAP stronghold which is what TURA TAKAIBANGO operation is created for and it's currently happening so bro me nor know wetin u dey find again
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by mekussa(m): 6:29pm On Mar 10, 2021
Toju200:
what "More Action" do you want again. You want troops to take the battle to ISWAP stronghold which is what TURA TAKAIBANGO operation is created for and it's currently happening so bro me nor know wetin u dey find again

If you feel OPERATION TURA TAKAIBANGO is the best the military can do and its unreasonable for anyone to ask for more, then you are right. I DEY FIND WETIN NO LOSS. Good luck.

10 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 6:56pm On Mar 10, 2021
mekussa:

If you feel OPERATION TURA TAKAIBANGO is the best the military can do and its unreasonable for anyone to ask for more, then you are right. I DEY FIND WETIN NO LOSS. Good luck.
I still asked what more do you want.. everybody dey learn...
You stated you want troops to take the battle to them which i said that's what TURA TAKAIBANGO is for...
So if you can pls tell me if any other thing you think troops can do.
Maybe I don't know

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Sizzorkay: 11:27pm On Mar 10, 2021
x
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 9:26am On Mar 11, 2021
Love the caption from these twitter handler:

Yesterday op Tura TAKAIBANGO soldiers of the Nigeria Army fixed an appointment with the terrorist to meet their maker at Sassawa village, Marte axis about 10 Infidels booked the appointment whilst Gun truck, guns and ammo were recovered.

https://twitter.com/mobilisingniger/status/1369919881378947072?s=19
Full video here:https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=790828841840524&id=180168166239931

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by cutievik: 9:55am On Mar 11, 2021
bidexiii:
Love the caption from these twitter handler:

Yesterday op Tura TAKAIBANGO soldiers of the Nigeria Army fixed an appointment with the terrorist to meet their maker at Sassawa village, Marte axis about 10 Infidels booked the appointment whilst Gun truck, guns and ammo were recovered.

https://twitter.com/mobilisingniger/status/1369919881378947072?s=19
Full video here:https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=790828841840524&id=180168166239931

We need more MRAP'S, imagine if we had more in this theatre of operation.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 10:58am On Mar 11, 2021
AIR COMMODORE EDWARD GABKWET ASSUMES OFFICE AS DIRECTOR OF PUBLIC RELATIONS AND INFORMATION

Following recent postings and deployments by the Nigerian Air Force (NAF), Air Commodore Edward Gabkwet has been appointed as the new Director of Public Relations and Information (DOPRI). The new Spokesperson, Air Commodore Edward Gabkwet assumed office on 9 March 2021 as the 17th DOPRI. He took over from Air Vice Marshal Ibikunle Daramola who has been at the helm of affairs for about two years and seven months. Born in Kaduna, Air Commodore Edward Gabkwet hails from Pankshin Local Government Area of Plateau State. He attended St Joseph’s College, Vom, Plateau State and later proceeded to the Nigerian Defence Academy as a member of 42nd Regular Course.

Gabkwet was commissioned into the NAF as a Pilot Officer on 16 August 1996. He is an alumnus of the Nigerian Institute of Journalism, Ogba Lagos State, where he obtained a Post Graduate Diploma in Public Relations in 2008. The senior officer has attended several courses some of which include, International Military Public Relations Course in Sweden, Junior and Senior Command and Staff Courses at the prestigious Armed Forces Command and Staff College, Jaji as well as Strategic Public Relations and Crisis Management Courses at Pinnacle PR, London. Additionally, he attended a Speech Writing Course organized by Ragan Communications at American University, Washington DC. Air Commodore Gabkwet is also an alumnus of the National Defence University, Champing, China, Air Force War College, Nigeria and the National Defence College, Nigeria.

The senior officer has held several appointments in the course of his military career. He was the Group Public Relations Officer at Air Weapon School (Now 407Air Combat Training Group), Kainji and at various times served as the Command Public Relations Officer at Tactical Air Command Makurdi, Training Command, (Now Air Training Command), Kaduna as well as Logistics Command, Lagos. The new Spokesperson was also a United Nations Military Observer at the Democratic Republic of Congo between 2004 and 2005 where he also acted as the Assistant Military Spokesman. He served as the first Press Officer to the Chief of the Air Staff between 2010 - 2012. Other appointments held by the senior officer include the Deputy Defence Attaché (Air), Embassy of Nigeria, Beijing China between 2013 - 2016 and Command Training Officer at the Ground Training Command Enugu in 2018. Until his appointment, he was a member of Directing Staff and Director of Coordination at the Air Force War College, Makurdi. Air Commodore Edward Gabkwet is an Associate Member of the Nigerian Institute of Public Relations and a Member of the Nigerian Institute of Management.

The senior officer is decorated with the Distinguished Service Star, Fellow Defence College, Fellow National Defence University, Fellow Air War College (+) and the United Nations Medal among others. He is married to Mrs Patricia Jemcit Gabkwet and the union is blessed with 3 children. He enjoys playing golf and badminton as well as watching documentaries.

BASSEY OKON
Wing Commander
for Director of Public Relations & Information

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 3:33pm On Mar 11, 2021
Clearance operation along Maiduguri - Damboa highway by NA personnel and solidly assisted by the ever supporting civilian-JTF. Manually refilling damages done by IEDs.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 3:57pm On Mar 11, 2021
Guys it seems most of you didn't watch this video: its a close shave with BHT and death shocked

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=790828841840524&id=180168166239931

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 4:10pm On Mar 11, 2021
#NN
#SBSC

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Xbee007(m): 4:11pm On Mar 11, 2021
bidexiii:
Guys it seems most of you didn't watch this video: its a close shave with BHT and death shocked

I did watch it but in a very quite place so I could not raise the volume. When I get home I will settle down and watch it again.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 4:31pm On Mar 11, 2021
bidexiii:

well I watched legit hot pursuit grin

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SamuelAnyawu(m): 5:16pm On Mar 11, 2021
bidexiii:
Clearance operation along Maiduguri - Damboa highway by NA personnel and solidly assisted by the ever supporting civilian-JTF. Manually refilling damages done by IEDs.

One of the worst roads abi the worst self in Borno.

The Only Road a military gunner shoots from the start of the trip till the end.

I miss that town shaaa

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Xbee007(m): 5:20pm On Mar 11, 2021
Toju200:
well I watched legit hot pursuit grin

What is the name of that tank giving the pursuit? Couldn't believe that vehicle could compete with an Hilux.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by youghs: 5:40pm On Mar 11, 2021
bidexiii:
AIR COMMODORE EDWARD GABKWET ASSUMES OFFICE AS DIRECTOR OF PUBLIC RELATIONS AND INFORMATION

Following recent postings and deployments by the Nigerian Air Force (NAF), Air Commodore Edward Gabkwet has been appointed as the new Director of Public Relations and Information (DOPRI). The new Spokesperson, Air Commodore Edward Gabkwet assumed office on 9 March 2021 as the 17th DOPRI. He took over from Air Vice Marshal Ibikunle Daramola who has been at the helm of affairs for about two years and seven months. Born in Kaduna, Air Commodore Edward Gabkwet hails from Pankshin Local Government Area of Plateau State. He attended St Joseph’s College, Vom, Plateau State and later proceeded to the Nigerian Defence Academy as a member of 42nd Regular Course.

Gabkwet was commissioned into the NAF as a Pilot Officer on 16 August 1996. He is an alumnus of the Nigerian Institute of Journalism, Ogba Lagos State, where he obtained a Post Graduate Diploma in Public Relations in 2008. The senior officer has attended several courses some of which include, International Military Public Relations Course in Sweden, Junior and Senior Command and Staff Courses at the prestigious Armed Forces Command and Staff College, Jaji as well as Strategic Public Relations and Crisis Management Courses at Pinnacle PR, London. Additionally, he attended a Speech Writing Course organized by Ragan Communications at American University, Washington DC. Air Commodore Gabkwet is also an alumnus of the National Defence University, Champing, China, Air Force War College, Nigeria and the National Defence College, Nigeria.

The senior officer has held several appointments in the course of his military career. He was the Group Public Relations Officer at Air Weapon School (Now 407Air Combat Training Group), Kainji and at various times served as the Command Public Relations Officer at Tactical Air Command Makurdi, Training Command, (Now Air Training Command), Kaduna as well as Logistics Command, Lagos. The new Spokesperson was also a United Nations Military Observer at the Democratic Republic of Congo between 2004 and 2005 where he also acted as the Assistant Military Spokesman. He served as the first Press Officer to the Chief of the Air Staff between 2010 - 2012. Other appointments held by the senior officer include the Deputy Defence Attaché (Air), Embassy of Nigeria, Beijing China between 2013 - 2016 and Command Training Officer at the Ground Training Command Enugu in 2018. Until his appointment, he was a member of Directing Staff and Director of Coordination at the Air Force War College, Makurdi. Air Commodore Edward Gabkwet is an Associate Member of the Nigerian Institute of Public Relations and a Member of the Nigerian Institute of Management.

The senior officer is decorated with the Distinguished Service Star, Fellow Defence College, Fellow National Defence University, Fellow Air War College (+) and the United Nations Medal among others. He is married to Mrs Patricia Jemcit Gabkwet and the union is blessed with 3 children. He enjoys playing golf and badminton as well as watching documentaries.

BASSEY OKON
Wing Commander
for Director of Public Relations & Information

I hope the videos will now begin to come in
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 6:16pm On Mar 11, 2021
Xbee007:

What is the name of that tank giving the pursuit? Couldn't believe that vehicle could compete with an Hilux.

Its either the FV - 101/103 family scorpion or spartan vehicle ?
They are good in rough or desert terrain !

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1556) (1557) (1558) (1559) (1560) (1561) (1562) ... (2204) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.