Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,739 members, 7,862,415 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 04:07 PM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (1563) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3075466 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1560) (1561) (1562) (1563) (1564) (1565) (1566) ... (2204) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by cutievik: 9:53pm On Mar 13, 2021
yoged:
Earlier today ISWAP posted more photos from Alagarno, some used already in al-Naba (first and third photo). I decided not to post the photo of a captured soldier (what a poor man).
Unless my count is incorrect, ISWAP released visual evidence of at least 5 destroyed Phantom 2s. https:///55SKPQvTSz

I also heard some soldiers were ambushed in monguno.. Boko ha ram claimed. 33 soldiers was killed. ( propaganda)

Na wa oo, these men seem to kill more soilders than we have killed them or recovered such weapons from them as they have from us, the issue is heads don't roll for massive failures. This is wrong, first of, who planned this mission? What intelligence were gathered in this mission?? What loopholes did they envisaged and what planned was put forward... The Nigerian army I know can just give order for the forest to be cleared in one week without putting assets on ground.. Nigeria is sick.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SamuelAnyawu(m): 10:00pm On Mar 13, 2021
cutievik:

Na wa oo, these men seem to kill more soilders than we have killed them or recovered such weapons from them as they have from us, the issue is heads don't roll for massive failures. This is wrong, first of, who planned this mission? What intelligence were gathered in this mission?? What loopholes did they envisaged and what planned was put forward... The Nigerian army I know can just give order for the forest to be cleared in one week without putting assets on ground.. Nigeria is sick.

I have mentioned this earlier on this thread about a year ago. If we take the data analysis of soldiers we’ve lost in this war with the number of insurgents killed I’m not sure the numbers will be wide apart.

This country is hiding what is really happening down here.

Dear Lord provide a good job for me so I can leave Borno deep field. I don Gas out

5 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 10:01pm On Mar 13, 2021
yoged:
Earlier today ISWAP posted more photos from Alagarno, some used already in al-Naba (first and third photo). I decided not to post the photo of a captured soldier (what a poor man).
Unless my count is incorrect, ISWAP released visual evidence of at least 5 destroyed Phantom 2s. https:///55SKPQvTSz

I also heard some soldiers were ambushed in monguno.. Boko ha ram claimed. 33 soldiers was killed. ( propaganda)
That alagarno is a death zone..
Timbuktu triangle is no go area it's the enemy territory laden with mines and infested with ISWAP including hired fighters...
It wasn't easy for troops to gain access into alagarno the fight was tough yes we've lost men and Hardware particularly In alagarno but not up to 200 not even 150 or 100..
The fighting there is Tough and it's insane there's no Air support
I mean 2 Mi35m will do a clean job...

Secondly most al naba news are propaganda like the IEDs according to affan there was nothing of such..
Also the ambush affan survived according to him 2kia not 6 according to ISWAP..

God help troops in alagarno...

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 10:06pm On Mar 13, 2021
cry

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by tutudesz: 10:13pm On Mar 13, 2021
Valkrie:

They should simply call in the minister of Nigerian bandits...Sheik Gumi to come and talk to his people.. after all he is a resident of Kaduna and no long journey is required for this...He knows where all the bandits camps are as a minister and so can deliver...!!
The security problem is getting too much and the Army is the one's dealing with everything, police are just too useless.

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by tutudesz: 10:15pm On Mar 13, 2021
Toju200:
That alagarno is a death zone..
Timbuktu triangle is no go area it's the enemy territory laden with mines and infested with ISWAP including hired fighters...
It wasn't easy for troops to gain access into alagarno the fight was tough yes we've lost men and Hardware particularly In alagarno but not up to 200 not even 150 or 100..
The fighting there is Tough and it's insane there's no Air support
I mean 2 Mi35m will do a clean job...

Secondly most al naba news are propaganda like the IEDs according to affan there was nothing of such..
Also the ambush affan survived according to him 2kia not 6 according to ISWAP..

God help troops in alagarno...
No Air Support shocked was the airforce not aware of such important mission undecided

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Valkrie: 10:29pm On Mar 13, 2021
tutudesz:

The security problem is getting too much and the Army is the one's dealing with everything, police are just too useless.

The only solution is to legalized gun possession and we go the Algerian way trust me.. if the over 200 students in that school are armed we won't be hearing this news today...Nigeria is in a state of war but since some people are feeding fat off it they pretend all is fine...watch the video of the captured students...one of the fulani bandit got bayonet fixed to his rifle and the way they hold that rifle reflect that they've got a bit training in rifle handling...

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Sizzorkay: 10:51pm On Mar 13, 2021
who in their right mind thought it's a good idea to arm students? where on earth are you guys getting these silly ideas from.
how many of those same students are out there committing armed robberies and kidnappings? rapes etc. you think nigeria have security issues right now? wait until everyone is armed, you will only trigger bigger chaos.
in a country where most ppl don't even know any thing about the laws of the land. smh. go and arm them.
you are naive to think arming random civilians will solve our security problems, are they all law abiding? where is the national registry for criminal arrests and convictions? and does all the police departments in the country have access to such database? do they even have 24/7 electricity. lol.
we don't have the infrastructure in place for any of this.
instead of this constant talk of arming civilians, how about carry out significant police reforms? bring in trainers from other countries to train ours.
for a big country like ours, I'd say try the LAPD or NYPD, I'm sure they have retired cops that will do the gig.(not that those two depts are perfect, but they police some lf the biggest cities in the world.
stop the idea of sending a sokoto police man to Idanre to work.
have 24/7 community policing, enforce the laws in rural areas and the country in general. and let the people there see and feel the presence of the govt, build more courts etc.
but hey. hand out guns like candies, to bunch of uncivilized fool, just watched a video of a guy smashing someone's head with a metal pole m while the rest of the crowd was throwing huge rocks at him. he died.
so he committed robbery, they committed murder, which is worse?
those are the people you want to hand over weapons to?

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by tutudesz: 11:12pm On Mar 13, 2021
Valkrie:

The only solution is to legalized gun possession and we go the Algerian way trust me.. if the over 200 students in that school are armed we won't be hearing this news today...Nigeria is in a state of war but since some people are feeding fat off it they pretend all is fine...watch the video of the captured students...one of the fulani bandit got bayonet fixed to his rifle and the way they hold that rifle reflect that they've got a bit training in rifle handling...
A state of emergency should be declared in those states. Nigerians we dey over do things O! Legalizing gun will solve the problem and also bring more problem.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 11:28pm On Mar 13, 2021
tutudesz:

A state of emergency should be declared in those states. Nigerians we dey over do things O! Legalizing gun will solve the problem and also bring more problem.
Legalising guns won't solve it. It will only make insecurity more worst in Nigeria.

Do you live in Lagos? Have you ever drive on lagos road before? Just imagine the way people dey always boil with anger for traffic grin

Just imagine a scenario, you and a danfo driver get issue for road, before you know it, make driver don comot pumping make conductor com comot AK... Just imagine that kin scenerio grin

The only solution I see right now is to change this system of government. Imagine if the 6 geopolitical regions become semi autonomous countries.

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by tutudesz: 11:42pm On Mar 13, 2021
BabaOwen:
Legalising guns won't solve it. It will only make insecurity more worst in Nigeria.

Do you live in Lagos? Have you ever drive on lagos road before? Just imagine the way people dey always boil with anger for traffic grin

Just imagine a scenario, you and a danfo driver get issue for road, before you know it, make driver don comot pumping make conductor com comot AK... Just imagine that kin scenerio grin

The only solution I see right now is to change this system of government. Imagine if the 6 geopolitical regions become semi autonomous countries.
grin grin imagine computer village with guns everywhere lipsrsealed
Northern Leaders need to speak up, am yet to see the Sultan of Sokoto or Emir of Kano
Condemn the activities of bandits.

6 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by mekussa(m): 11:50pm On Mar 13, 2021
And when people ask for more decisive action, they are referred to ONE operation as the final solution.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 12:29am On Mar 14, 2021
Legalizing guns. Anus talk
Thank God for pictures, this thread for don die finish

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 4:45am On Mar 14, 2021
BabaOwen:
cry

can you imagine what this idiot is posting on a military discussion thread, why not go create a thread where you can discuss yourshit fully.

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by kenpaul0: 6:30am On Mar 14, 2021
The only viable solution is to bring Eeben back!!! Our strategy is failing Woefully!!!
Thank God for pictures, this thread for don die finish[/quote]

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by JOSCOFELIX: 7:15am On Mar 14, 2021
remember i said in this thread few day ago that our men of the special force will be advancing toward island 8 over. they were abmush 65 km to lake chad. the military in a convoy of 12 vehicles 7 mrap 5 tactical. 5 out of the mrap were occupy by men of the special force from 402 and 123.and the rest two were occupy by the infantry. the military could not move fast because of anti tank land mine which they destroy 47 land mine, that slow the movement of the military a car bomb ran into the mrap carrying the special force and discharge, the mrap fell but no solider where killed in the mrap out of that discharge 6 solider in tactical were kiled and 5 wounded and a mrap destroyed. but special force still advanced to lake chad 8 over. may soul of departed rest in peace

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by mekussa(m): 7:23am On Mar 14, 2021
JOSCOFELIX:
remember i said in this thread few day ago that our men of the special force will be advancing toward island 8 over. they were abmush 65 km to lake chad. the military in a convoy of 12 vehicles 7 mrap 5 tactical. 5 out of the mrap were occupy by men of the special force from 402 and 123.and the rest two were occupy by the infantry. the military could not move fast because of anti tank land mine which they destroy 47 land mine, that slow the movement of the military a car bomb ran into the mrap carrying the special force and discharge, the mrap fell but no solider where killed in the mrap out of that discharge 6 solider in tactical were kiled and 5 wounded and a mrap destroyed. but special force still advanced to lake chad 8 over. may soul of departed rest in peace

MAY THEIR SOULS REST IN PEACE.

In all these horrid stories, I am yet to see mention of ground advance under aerial cover(both surveillance and attack) from NAF(or did I miss it?).
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by JOSCOFELIX: 7:28am On Mar 14, 2021
there target is to attack the special force but none of the special force was killed nor wounded. the kia were the cjtf and 6 army in the back tactical. they was no ied blast that just a propanga from iswap

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by mekussa(m): 7:35am On Mar 14, 2021
kenpaul0:
The only viable solution is to bring Eeben back!!! Our strategy is failing Woefully!!!

Unfortunately, Eeben is neither the final nor ONLY solution.

Let's start with working on the top of our own military brass and strategy. There are questions over the collaboration between the NA and NAF IMO.

e.g When carrying out such major operations, apart from massive aerial surveillance, the target should be firstly softened up by massive bombings or artillery strikes before ground forces move in to mop up. You don't attack an entrenched position without softening up or you just make your men cannon fodder.... One example.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Whyem15: 7:52am On Mar 14, 2021
The single most influential cause of casualties on home troops is lack of situational awareness. Especially in ambush situations.

5 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by youghs: 7:58am On Mar 14, 2021
VT 4

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 8:10am On Mar 14, 2021
Another BHT location was cleared (may be Sambisa area)yesterday as troops keep pushing forward...

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by JOSCOFELIX: 8:14am On Mar 14, 2021
Toju200:
Another BHT location was cleared (may be Sambisa area)yesterday as troops keep pushing forward...
it was in lake chad region many bh down by the sf

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by JOSCOFELIX: 8:18am On Mar 14, 2021
mekussa:

MAY THEIR SOULS REST IN PEACE.

In all these horrid stories, I am yet to see mention of ground advance under aerial cover(both surveillance and attack) from NAF(or did I miss it?).
naf assist the army time to time. they been air stirke since last month but naf i think have change policy or because new caf
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by iboboyswag(m): 8:23am On Mar 14, 2021
GeneralFarouq:
Right when I was beginning to re-enjoy this thread,he comes back....

I swear... He just couldn't wait for the next bad news to come quickly.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by mekussa(m): 8:39am On Mar 14, 2021
JOSCOFELIX:
naf assist the army time to time. they been air stirke since last month but naf i think have change policy or because new caf

I know NAF does assist time to time. What i have in mind is a scenario where the air force is informed ahead of time of MAJOR military operations and the air force then dedicates surveillance platforms to cover and provide intelligence for the boots on ground. Attack Platforms can even soften up the enemy location minutes or one hour before the troops move in to mop up.
When the enemy is in this kind of disarray from the air strikes, I don't think they can effectively mobilize for any ambush, attack or counter attack.
This scenario IMO, should be for MAJOR operations. Soldiers on Patrols and in bases should have drone coverage (i am talking of these hand held mini drones not the CH 4 and WING LOONG variety). You can spot off-path ambushes this way plus they are cheaper platforms.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Whyem15: 8:49am On Mar 14, 2021
mekussa:

I know NAF does assist time to time. What i have in mind is a scenario where the air force is informed ahead of time of MAJOR military operations and the air force then dedicates surveillance platforms to cover and provide intelligence for the boots on ground. Attack Platforms can even soften up the enemy location minutes or one hour before the troops move in to mop up.
When the enemy is in this kind of disarray from the air strikes, I don't think they can effectively mobilize for any ambush, attack or counter attack.
This scenario IMO, should be for MAJOR operations. Soldiers on Patrols and in bases should have drone coverage (i am talking of these hand held mini drones not the CH 4 and WING LOONG variety). You can spot off-path ambushes this way plus they are cheaper platforms.

The problem is that we don't have enough aircrafts and most of platforms we have are already dedicated to providing air support in defense of important locations.
Maybe things will change once we start receiving some of the Jf-17s and A-21s.
This is why I still don't understand why FG hasn't found a way to pay for the remaining Mi-35s. They are ready to be delivered within a few weeks
And then some of the out of operation MI-24s need to be reactivated.
It's good that the F7-NIs are currently undergoing maintenance.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by JOSCOFELIX: 9:30am On Mar 14, 2021
mekussa:

all this are work of armed drone. flying a jet and hour can buy 5 mrap for the army. a dji drone cannot last for a joruney of over 100km. the special force was a dji phamtom 4
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 9:59am On Mar 14, 2021
The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has called on President Muhammadu Buhari to take the full responsibility and explain the whereabouts of the alleged missing $1b for arms purchase.

It equally charged the National Security Adviser, General Babagana Monguno (rtd) to commence a system wide investigation, as well as place certain All Progressives Congress (APC) leaders and their cronies in the Presidency under watch to ensure that none of them escape from the country to evade justice.

Monguno had declared on Friday that he was quoted out of context, following widespread publicity given to his earlier interview with the BBC in which he was reported to have disclosed that the $1b released for purchase of arms was missing.

The PDP, in a statement by its national publicity secretary, Kola Ologbondiyan, advised that “beyond the on-going investigation in the House of Representatives, there should also be a joint public hearing of the National Assembly to investigate the whereabouts of the $1b, as well as other monies meant for security purposes under President Buhari’s watch.”

The party said the NSA’s fresh revelation only goes to further validate the anxieties in the public space that the money, which was in 2017 taken from the national coffers without appropriation, has since been diverted to private purses of corrupt APC leaders and the criminal cabal in the Buhari Presidency.

It claimed that the NSA’s revelation “leaves no one in doubt that the Buhari Presidency has become a parlour of corruption for fraudsters, criminal cabals and treasury looters, who have been pillaging our national coffers under executive cover.

“Nigerians could see how officials of the Buhari Presidency have been struggling to divert attention from this huge swindle, by claiming that the money was spent for the purchase of 12 Super Tucano planes, which it also claimed would be delivered in 2020, only for the NSA to now declare that the entire fund cannot be traced.

“Four years down the line, nobody has seen the Super Tucano planes and no explanation has been given by the Buhari Presidency over the whereabouts of the money.

“It is, indeed, shameful that President Muhammadu Buhari is presiding over a security architecture where funds provided by his Presidency for purchase of arms has vanished into thin air, while our citizens and gallant troops in the front are left at the mercies of terrorists and insurgents.”
https://m.guardian.ng/News/PDP-asks-Buhari-to-take-responsibility-for-alleged-missing-$1b-arms-fund
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 10:02am On Mar 14, 2021
The immediate past Chief of Army Staff, Ambassador Tukur Buratai on Saturday denied diverting funds meant for procurement of arms while in office.

The National Security Adviser (NSA) Babagana Monguno, had on Friday said that the newly appointed service chiefs did not meet the funds approved for the procurement of arms upon their resumption of office.

Ambassador Buratai made the clarification, in a statement signed by his lawyer, Osuagwu Ugochukwu.

However, moments later, the NSA countered the report, saying that he was misquoted by the media.

The former service chief has now said those with questions should channel their queries to the Ministry of Defence for details on how funds meant for arms were spent.

The statement reads: “My attention has been drawn to an interview granted BBC by National Security Adviser (NSA), Rtd Major General Babagana Monguno, wherein he was alleged to have accused former service chiefs of filtering arms fund away.

“I can confirm that Lt. General Buratai and other ex-service chiefs were never mentioned in the interview and neither was any arms fund missing under the stewardship of Lt. Gen T.Y. Buratai.

“Interestingly, NSA Babagana Monguno has denied making such accusations. We, therefore, urge members of the public to discountenance any such misquoted narrative suggesting sleaze on the integrity of Rtd Lt Gen T.Y. Buratai.

“Anyone interested in knowing how arms were procured by the ex-service chiefs and particularly Lt Gen T.Y. Buratai should channel such request for information to the Ministry of Defence.”

https://tribuneonlineng.com/arms-fund-my-hands-are-clean-says-buratai/
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 10:05am On Mar 14, 2021
GMB is one of the most terrible president that have rule this country.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 10:24am On Mar 14, 2021
The leader of Boko Haram terrorists, Abubakar Shekau, has lambasted Kaduna-based Islamic cleric, Sheikh Ahmad Gumi, for negotiating with bandits.

Gumi had recently embarked on a tour to armed bandits’ hideouts in the forests to strike peace deals with the criminals.

The cleric’s tour had drawn mixed reactions among Nigerians, with many, including the governor of Kaduna state Nasir El-Rufai, condemning the move.

But in an audio that is 1 hour and 55 minutes long, obtained by DAILY NIGERIAN, Shekau said Gumi was among those who deliberately transgress.

“Oh Ya Ahmad Gumi! Oh Ahmad Gumi, now you are wandering around, addressing Fulanis, and thinking you are serving God.

“Just because you are called doctor or Sheikh? Woe unto you, Ahmad Gumi,” he said.

Quoting chapter 7:175 of the Qur’an, the terrorists leader said of Gumi: “And relate to them O Prophet the story of the one to whom We gave Our signs, but he abandoned them, so Satan took hold of him, and he became a deviant.”

Shekau also faulted the Minister of Communication and Digital Economy, who is a Muslim cleric, for joining a government under democratic setting.

“To you (Gumi) and others like Pantami, who is even a minister, huh? And still a cleric? Ask yourself! Oh clerics who savour the taste of power seasonings, ask yourselves,” he said.

“You all know democracy is the ideology of Jews and Christians, why didn’t you leave government?

“Despite knowing the truth, you are using the Qur’an to preach democracy. Why this?”

http://saharareporters.com/2021/03/14/%E2%80%98woe-unto-you%E2%80%99-%E2%80%94boko-haram-leader-shekau-blasts-sheikh-gumi-negotiating-bandits-new-audio

(1) (2) (3) ... (1560) (1561) (1562) (1563) (1564) (1565) (1566) ... (2204) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: tutudesz and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.