Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,408 members, 7,853,807 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 02:44 AM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (1800) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3067405 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1797) (1798) (1799) (1800) (1801) (1802) (1803) ... (2203) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by youghs: 9:55am On Jun 24, 2021
Whyem15:

This is where I must commend the CO of that base, he recognized that he had failed to notice the attack until it was too late and rather than wasting lives of troops under his command, he decided to give ground to the terrorists. It's far better to lose weapons than to lose men. He could have done better though. The troops will live to kill more terrorists another day.

I don't think the location is a base, cos there was no trench, no sandbag, just fence.

I cannot really judge the soldiers cos we don't know how it happened but the military authority need to really look into the situation where soldiers just leave operational vehicles and retreat just like that.

The mrap left behind was the one that pained me the most tho it was later burnt sha but it's still infuriating.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by komekn(m): 10:33am On Jun 24, 2021
Whyem15:

This is where I must commend the CO of that base, he recognized that he had failed to notice the attack until it was too late and rather than wasting lives of troops under his command, he decided to give ground to the terrorists. It's far better to lose weapons than to lose men. He could have done better though. The troops will live to kill more terrorists another day.

Forgive my impudence.

But l absolutely do not share your view we are at complete opposite ends.

This is crass ineptitude and incompetence, you are in a hostile war zone. And you have zero situational awareness, that's unforgivable.

How can you commend dereliction of duty and failed leadership.

Is it a lack of knowledge or very low expectations, but we accept TOO MUCH RUBBISH in this our beloved country, at all levels. From the top to the bottom.

That's why we the giant of Africa are close to becoming a failed state.

13 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by komekn(m): 10:43am On Jun 24, 2021
SamuelAnyawu:

Chabbal attack. Not up to 2km away from the biggest Army barracks in Maiduguri (Maimalari Barracks)

Over the past twelve months we have been fed a continuous meal of our armed forces supposedly gaining ground and wiping out Boko and ISWAP and all there associated partners.

When I questioned the huge disparity in facts with what we were being told and and what was clearly evident on the ground from multiple independent sources.

Some of us were labelled Boko sympathisers, unpatriotic and even liars.

It's pretty apparent the NA is simply not up to the task.

Our diction tells the story, repelling attacks but not claiming outright victory and control.

Essentially if bases less than 2km from Maudugiri are under brazen attack. It's not intelligence to assume there are now Boko sleeper cells in Maudugiri, that's common sense.

You can't use artillery shells and drop bombs in a civilian dominated area and city. Or have a scorched earth murderous strategy.

It's not looking good.

6 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by joscofelix2: 10:45am On Jun 24, 2021
this week i gave intel about the attack by iswap in sourthboron. the unit attack is not a barrack but an outpost . according to information with me the military fought before withdrawing the attack last close to 1 hour. a reinforcement was sent from malalrmi barrack which went after those terrorist. i heard they was airstrke later . the commander of that outpost made a good decision according to me. withdraw for life is very expensive ,who have life today will fight another fight. the problem there, is that the reinforcement from malaemi barrack did not come early as possible .
Dubailandlord, let me tell you this, iswap is getting weak, from last month to now , airstrike have wasted alot of iswap fighter to the extend that the navy in lake chad chase iswap out of their hideout,
with the planning of the offensive two by the military all those basted iswap will be weak as the same way boko harm was weak mark it down. . last last as long as uncle sam is with 500 naria debinuni in is bag he is away read to japa to maidguri grin
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by joscofelix2: 10:50am On Jun 24, 2021
komekn:

Over the past twelve months we have been fed a continuous meal of our armed forces supposedly gaining ground and wiping out Boko and ISWAP and all there associated partners.

When I questioned the huge disparity in facts with what we were being told and and what was clearly evident on the ground from multiple independent sources.

Some of us were labelled Boko sympathisers, unpatriotic and even liars.

It's pretty apparent the NA is simply not up to the task.

Our diction tells the story, repelling attacks but not claiming outright victory and control.

Essentially if bases less than 2km from Maudugiri are under brazen attack. It's not intelligence to assume there are now Boko sleeper cells in Maudugiri, that's common sense.

You can't use artillery shells and drop bombs in a civilian dominated area and city. Or have a scorched earth murderous strategy.

It's not looking good.

oga shut up. you are a terrorist

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by joscofelix2: 10:55am On Jun 24, 2021
komekn:

Forgive my impudence.

This is crass ineptitude and incompetence, you are in a hostile war zone. And you have zero situational awareness, that's unforgivable.

Is it a lack of knowledge or very low expectations, but we accept TOO MUCH RUBBISH in this our beloved country, at all levels. From the top to the bottom.

what do you know about battlefield, you ipob terrorist. let me give a hilux or join me next week as i tour to deep field , if you refused, then do come and make rubbish comment on this thread
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Whyem15: 11:08am On Jun 24, 2021
Reports that it was a construction site with a little military protection and the MRAP has been out of operation for quiet some time. There appears to be no guns on the guntrucks too(could be that the terrorists stripped it before snapping but why detach when they could have moved the guntrucks and every components with it).

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by demolition: 11:11am On Jun 24, 2021
Whyem15:

They won't just vanish into thin air, they will keep getting weaker and sometimes get divided for several months until it joining isn't attractive anymore. This will happen naturally and government actions can accelerate it. Yes they could get stronger at any point but it would only be temporary. And yes they may yet attack brigade/battalion sized forces but it will never be as frequent as it used to.

Have you asked yourself what a presumed weak enemy would be doing around the city gates?

Like it's their doctrine to poach you and still use your tools to fry you.

Those brand new Hilux we just dumped would see a set of iswap fighters riding comfy, instead of cramping at the back of a guntruck.

We underestimate this guys too much.

And that was why we lost an airbase to Boko Haram a while back.

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Whyem15: 11:13am On Jun 24, 2021

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 11:16am On Jun 24, 2021
joscofelix2:
this week i gave intel about the attack by iswap in sourthboron. the unit attack is not a barrack but an outpost . according to information with me the military fought before withdrawing the attack last close to 1 hour. a reinforcement was sent from malalrmi barrack which went after those terrorist. i heard they was airstrke later . the commander of that outpost made a good decision according to me. withdraw for life is very expensive ,who have life today will fight another fight. the problem there, is that the reinforcement from malaemi barrack did not come early as possible .
Dubailandlord, let me tell you this, iswap is getting weak, from last month to now , airstrike have wasted alot of iswap fighter to the extend that the navy in lake chad chase iswap out of their hideout,
with the planning of the offensive two by the military all those basted iswap will be weak as the same way boko harm was weak mark it down. . last last as long as uncle sam is with 500 naria debinuni in is bag he is away read to japa to maidguri grin
ISWAP is not getting weak with the kind of news coming out of the NE.

6 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Whyem15: 11:20am On Jun 24, 2021
demolition:

Have you asked yourself what a presumed weak enemy would be doing around the city gates?

Like it's their doctrine to poach you and still use your tools to fry you.

Those brand new Hilux we just dumped would see a set of iswap fighters riding comfy, instead of cramping at the back of a guntruck.

We underestimate this guys too much.

And that was why we lost an airbase to Boko Haram a while back.

Which airbase was lost to bokoharam?

A weakened enemy is still very capable of stinging attacks. They being weakened doesn't mean they won't be capable of plan attacks on vulnerable targets.
They are unable to hold new territories and their attempts to dislodge troops from towns fail far more often than ever before. There is increase in the use of child soldiers which signifies manpower problems and so on. They are holding the territories they still control because the military hasn't made attempts to dislodge them.
And more importantly, majority of their attacks are major aimed at PR. No strategic gains yet losing lots of men in each attack.
Winning battles yet losing the war. They are increasingly becoming like ISIS in Iraq which still attacks soft targets but has been rendered insignificant.
If the army continues the offensive today, their fate will be the same as JAS.

5 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by demolition: 11:32am On Jun 24, 2021
Whyem15:

Which airbase was lost to bokoharam?

A weakened enemy is still very capable of stinging attacks. They being weakened doesn't mean they won't be capable of plan attacks on vulnerable targets.
They are unable to hold new territories and their attempts to dislodge troops from towns fail far more often than ever before. There is increase in the use of child soldiers which signifies manpower problems and so on. They are holding the territories they still control because the military hasn't made attempts to dislodge them.
And more importantly, majority of their attacks are major aimed at PR. No strategic gains yet losing lots of men in each attack.
Winning battles yet losing the war. They are increasingly becoming like ISIS in Iraq which still attacks soft targets but has been rendered insignificant.
If the army continues the offensive today, their fate will be the same as JAS.

Knock yourself out.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-25187142

https://www.longwarjournal.org/archives/2013/12/boko_haram_overruns.php

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SamuelAnyawu(m): 11:47am On Jun 24, 2021
Whyem15:
Reports that it was a construction site with a little military protection and the MRAP has been out of operation for quiet some time. There appears to be no guns on the guntrucks too(could be that the terrorists stripped it before snapping but why detach when they could have moved the guntrucks and every components with it).

I don’t think it was stripped. I usually notice some LT Col, Col and Brigadier General truck here mostly don’t carry guns on it.

I feel the military guys withdrawing might see it as a risk moving withdrawing without shooting cos most withdrawals I hear from Gun truck guys Na massive fire them Dey release as dem Dey withdraw
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by cutievik: 11:57am On Jun 24, 2021
SamuelAnyawu:

I don’t think it was stripped. I usually notice some LT Col, Col and Brigadier General truck here mostly don’t carry guns on it.

I feel the military guys withdrawing might see it as a risk moving withdrawing without shooting cos most withdrawals I hear from Gun truck guys Na massive fire them Dey release as dem Dey withdraw

Boss this English confuse me o
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Whyem15: 11:57am On Jun 24, 2021
demolition:

Knock yourself out.

Do you know what "LOST" mean?
How does a hit and run attack on a airbase mean we lost the airbase?

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Whyem15: 11:59am On Jun 24, 2021
SamuelAnyawu:

The MRAP was also without a gun.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by demolition: 12:12pm On Jun 24, 2021
Whyem15:

Hit and run yet they had time to torch 4 + aircrafts.

If I follow you enter your house. Rough you up then smash your 65 inch smart TV.

Its not a hit and run.
I f++ked you up. undecided

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SamuelAnyawu(m): 12:17pm On Jun 24, 2021
cutievik:

Boss this English confuse me o

lol no vex i been dey rush go IDP Camp some locals dey protest wan almost stone my guys grin grin grin. But we have resolved now.

I just meant when soldiers are withdrawing during an attack, their gun truck guys are always on rapid fire as they withdraw. So using those trucks that don''t have AA guns attached on it might be a liability.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by cutievik: 12:32pm On Jun 24, 2021
SamuelAnyawu:

lol no vex i been dey rush go IDP Camp some locals dey protest wan almost stone my guys grin grin grin. But we have resolved now.

I just meant when soldiers are withdrawing during an attack, their gun truck guys are always on rapid fire as they withdraw. So using those trucks that don''t have AA guns attached on it might be a liability.

Thanks my man, it really made more sense now with your explanations...

Over time, I have noticed you and I must say it today, you're amongst the matured fellow's here, I heart your loving big heart, use of matured words and would definitely really love to meet you someday.

6 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 12:45pm On Jun 24, 2021
komekn:

Forgive my impudence.

even if he was aware of terrorists presence in the area it will be suicide for them to fight Back
No AA plus the Ezugwu wasn't functional
The terrorists would obviously come with AAs and RPGs GPMGs how do we deal with that.
Like it or not some lives where saved
You should understand Whyem
I get your point though
BTW where have thou being grin
E don tey we argue

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by cutievik: 12:46pm On Jun 24, 2021
Toju200:
even if he was aware of terrorists presence in the area it will be suicide for them to fight Back
No AA plus the Ezugwu wasn't functional
The terrorists would obviously come with AAs and RPGs GPMGs how do we deal with that.
Like it or not some lives where saved
You should understand Whyem
I get your point though
BTW where have thou being grin
E don tey we argue

Well said boss, some lives saved today.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 1:00pm On Jun 24, 2021
bidexiii:
COAS VISITS IMO STATE

...Lauds Troops' Resilience in Restoring Security

The Chief of Army Staff ( COAS) Maj Gen Faruk Yahaya has lauded the resilience and doggedness of troops of 34 Brigade and operatives of other security agencies in turning the tide of the recent spate of insecurity that resulted from the criminal activities of the proscribed group, IPOB, in Imo State.

Gen Yahaya made the commendation today at Obinze Barracks, Owerri Imo state, while addressing the troops during his maiden operational visit to Headquarters 34 Brigade.

He told the troops that his visit was informed by the need to have an on-the-spot assessment of the security situation in the state. The COAS expressed delight on the successes so far recorded by the troops and urged them to redouble their effort in order to consolidate on their successes.

Gen Yahaya further charged them to be loyal and exhibit high sense of duty at all times. He pointed out, that more sucesses would be recorded through compliance to instructions and loyalty to superior authority.

The COAS also called on the officers to always lead by example and ensure that troops are adequately briefed and kept abreast of the mission at hand.

In a show of synergy, the COAS also paid a visit to troops of 211 Response Group, Nigerian Air Force, Owerri, where he implored the troops to be professional and alert at all times. He expressed appreciated them for their spirit of jointness and synergy towards tackling insecurity in the state.

Highlight of the working tour was COAS' visit to the proposed Military Hospital Owerri and a tour of Obinze Barracks.

ONYEMA NWACHUKWU
Brigadier General
Director Army Public Relations
23 June 2021

Now am confused, The air force has a hospital in Owerri along Aba road, the army and navy has non though Rochas donated one of the uncompleted hospital to them to run at Obinze area, which they abandoned. Are there tiring to operationalize it now ?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by GeneralFarouq: 1:28pm On Jun 24, 2021
DubaiLandLord:
Lol

The Ethiopian government have to start negotiating with this people.
Negotiating,.... U are totally abusing this world, negotiate what exactly

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by jpphilips(m): 1:31pm On Jun 24, 2021
joscofelix2:

Did you see the video of the attack and the number of HMGs on display?
That number of fighters with those weaponry isn't what we can sensibly call weak or degraded, I don't know who taught you English , quite honestly, you are using some words wrongly.
Speaking of reinforcements & airstrikes, can you show us pics or videos of the aftermath?
If you don't have them, then the Iswap propaganda evidence torpedoes your rebuttal, its up to you to believe whatever makes you sleep well at night.

6 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by GeneralFarouq: 1:39pm On Jun 24, 2021
demolition:

Knock yourself out.

It is highly irresponsible of you to go call an event that happened 7-8 yrs "a while back"
Then secondly, All are foreign handles, pple who rely on local news media to get their information, if it has not been captured by local news even the "Sahara reporters then it is inadmissible...

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by GeneralFarouq: 1:40pm On Jun 24, 2021
Whyem15:

He claims intelligence, yet can't understand simple English construction.... It a pitt on him.

This vehicles are in high probability unmovable, otherwise soldiers would rather foee in cars than run on foot...

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by youghs: 1:43pm On Jun 24, 2021
Whyem15:

The MRAP was also without a gun.

The MRAP had an AA on it

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by youghs: 1:47pm On Jun 24, 2021
But how did the ezugwu become unoperational just few months after launch

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by GeneralFarouq: 1:53pm On Jun 24, 2021
youghs:
But how did the ezugwu become unoperational just few months after launch
It could be a minor problem, like fuel pump issue, or runner down battery, poor maintenance culture of the army at play.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by demolition: 2:14pm On Jun 24, 2021
GeneralFarouq:

It is highly irresponsible of you to go call an event that happened 7-8 yrs "a while back"
Then secondly, All are foreign handles, pple who rely on local news media to get their information, if it has not been captured by local news even the "Sahara reporters then it is inadmissible...

First it's not my fault that you can't actually comprehend English.
I can say I saw someone a while back and that could be ten years ago.

Its called a while because it's not recent.

Secondly if you're truthful to yourself or know anything about that period you'll know they is video evidence of them torching planes that period.
Except you just want to be intentionally ignorant.

You can quit trying to be smart now.
It's not your path.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Whyem15: 2:31pm On Jun 24, 2021
demolition:

First it's not my fault that you can't actually comprehend English.
I can say I saw someone a while back and that could be ten years ago.

Its called a while because it's not recent.

Secondly if you're truthful to yourself or know anything about that period you'll know they is video evidence of them torching plans that period.
Except you just want to be intentionally ignorant.

You can quit trying to be smart now.
It's not your path.

We lost aircrafts not airbase. There is a huge difference.

Using the analogy you gave, if a thief or a burglar enters my house and torches my TV before leaving, I lost my TV not my house.

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by demolition: 2:46pm On Jun 24, 2021
Whyem15:

We lost aircrafts not airbase. There is a huge difference.

Using the analogy you gave, if a thief or a burglar enters my house and torches my TV before leaving, I lost my TV not my house.

You expect them to wait around with bags of chips watching Netflix?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1797) (1798) (1799) (1800) (1801) (1802) (1803) ... (2203) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.