Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,223 members, 7,860,423 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 10:52 AM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (1799) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3072935 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1796) (1797) (1798) (1799) (1800) (1801) (1802) ... (2203) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Stormtrooper11(m): 10:20pm On Jun 23, 2021
fabselad:
The Ethiopian army (ENDF) is facing heavy loses in the battles with the Tigray Defense Forces (TDF)

Today, they have lost a C-130H military transport plane after it had been shot down by MANPAD

Few days earlier, hundreds of the ENDF personnel were captured/killed by the TDF.
Damn. That's a bad situation. Losing a c-130h? shocked not good
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by cutievik: 10:52pm On Jun 23, 2021
fabselad:
The Ethiopian army (ENDF) is facing heavy loses in the battles with the Tigray Defense Forces (TDF)

Today, they have lost a C-130H military transport plane after it had been shot down by MANPAD

Few days earlier, hundreds of the ENDF personnel were captured/killed by the TDF.

My God!! War no bi by mouth oo.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by jpphilips(m): 10:57pm On Jun 23, 2021
sizzorchan:
Like the fool says, "Sense is priceless"

Now this fool is now comparing individuals who aren't kids, some are over 16, who made a conscious decision to go overseas and join terror networks, to a poor kid in Nigeria who probably never had a choice in what he was made to do or people he was forced to associate with? or how he ended up there.
You are right, sense is indeed priceless, and yours is faulty.

Give that boy a choice btw living in the forest with bunch of terrorists or live with a loving family, which one do you think he'd choose? What an idiotic comparison.

Do me a favor dude, quit quoting me, get a life and stop reviving old posts

Go and read about Children of ISIS foreign fighters, I repeat sense is priceless.

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Stormtrooper11(m): 11:22pm On Jun 23, 2021
Seems a Nigerian Army base was overrun 6km from the NAF base Maiduguri.
ISWAP is using envelopment tactics. Soon Maiduguri might be cut off(Godforbid). It will be disastrous. Our supply lines are not even secured. We don't have enough resources to defend the city in that scenario. We need to act fast
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by sizzorchan: 11:39pm On Jun 23, 2021
Get lost dude
jpphilips:

[s]Go and read about Children of ISIS foreign fighters, I repeat sense is priceless[/s].

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Roan77: 12:03am On Jun 24, 2021
bidexiii:

Missed them mate.
Both the Belarus and northeast Europe are still functioning, I know more of the Pakistani trained AFSF in the N.E theatre.

We rarely hear about them anymore, sadly. cry
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Litmus: 12:27am On Jun 24, 2021
Stormtrooper11:
ISWAP is using envelopment tactics. Soon Maiduguri might be cut off(Godforbid). It will be disastrous. Our supply lines are not even secured. We don't have enough resources to defend the city in that scenario. We need to act fast

Then we had better find resources same place ISWAP will find enough to cut off an entire city in the hope of holding it.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Ddream6627(m): 3:51am On Jun 24, 2021
fabselad:

my Goodness, don't tell me those men sitting on the ground are military personnel oo like wtf how are they able to disarm them in that numbers abi they no dey use gun ni
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SamuelAnyawu(m): 5:36am On Jun 24, 2021
Stormtrooper11:

Chabbal attack. Not up to 2km away from the biggest Army barracks in Maiduguri (Maimalari Barracks)

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 6:46am On Jun 24, 2021
fabselad:

Lol

The Ethiopian government have to start negotiating with this people.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 6:53am On Jun 24, 2021
Stormtrooper11:
Nah wah o... In this 2021, see the kin news coming out of the North East. Is just as if the Nigerian military have not been learning anything.

The only reason Borno south was peaceful was because Boko Haram was weak. I was laughing when someone is saying ISWAP will be overstretche grin ISWAP that attacked Boko Haram in Borno south, won't they have thought about been overstretche? Still yet they went ahead by expanding to Borno south.

Issokay.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 7:05am On Jun 24, 2021
Ddream6627:
my Goodness, don't tell me those men sitting on the ground are military personnel oo like wtf how are they able to disarm them in that numbers abi they no dey use gun ni
See question grin

Is just like asking why the 6th army surrendered to the Soviet Army in 1943.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Stormtrooper11(m): 7:38am On Jun 24, 2021
Litmus:

Then we had better find resources same place ISWAP will find enough to cut off an entire city in the hope of holding it.
In Nigerian Army military tactics in the 80's, "you don't capture a location, without the intent of holding it". This is a war of attrition. We are losing good men. We are not even following doctrine sometimes and we don't even imprivise sometimes. We need to counter attack anytime we are attacked. Let's show the enemy that they can be hurt too. We need to intesify patrols. I don't think we are low on ammunition. Let's fight like a real Nigerian infantry. In many cases, the enemy is separating our infantry from our armour and Artillery support because the enemy knows we will be disorganized without those supports. God help us

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Stormtrooper11(m): 7:38am On Jun 24, 2021
SamuelAnyawu:

Chabbal attack. Not up to 2km away from the biggest Army barracks in Maiduguri (Maimalari Barracks)
Its really bad
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Whyem15: 7:40am On Jun 24, 2021
SamuelAnyawu:

Read its almajiri base. The equipment were neatly captured yet no reported casualties on the army side. The base was abandoned. About 6 gun trucks and 1 Ezegwu MRAP captured.
The attack must have been so fast that NAF wasn't able to provide support or hunt the terrorists as they withdrew.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Whyem15: 7:43am On Jun 24, 2021
https://eonsintelligence.com/details/david-otto-col-13882973037/armed-bandits-from-the-iswap-faction-led-by-abu-musab-al-barnawi-ambush-soldiers-in-military-base-near-maiduguri-486892926

Seen that some of the guntrucks were not moved from where they were parked, it shows the soldiers didn't even bother to fight back.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Whyem15: 7:55am On Jun 24, 2021
This war is in it's last phase(could still last for decades though) attacks are becoming less frequent and on soft/small targets, the terrorists are nearly out of options and are desperate trying to maintain strength by looting weapons and equipment from small military bases. The last time they attacked brigade or battalion sized forces was end of April/very early in May. They have opened up another front by attacking each other. This isn't the time for the military to slack.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Stormtrooper11(m): 7:58am On Jun 24, 2021
Whyem15:
https://eonsintelligence.com/details/david-otto-col-13882973037/armed-bandits-from-the-iswap-faction-led-by-abu-musab-al-barnawi-ambush-soldiers-in-military-base-near-maiduguri-48689292
Seen that some of the guntrucks were not moved from where they were parked, it shows the soldiers didn't even bother to fight back.
Damn. Look at that Ezugwu APC that we were proud of. Its insulting to see it in Enemy hands

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by cutievik: 8:32am On Jun 24, 2021
[quote author=Stormtrooper11 post=103034992][/quote]

I don't know what to talk about again...Too many lapses, the most common, when you pass check points and see the vehicles with machine guns unmanned, you begin to imagine, if this guy's on stop and search come under attack certainly, the vehicles are gone because they would be abandoned with such cache of weapons.

The painful ones are the APC's left lying fallow outside barracks or police stations unmanned, the believe a parked unmanned vehicle is a deterrent...hahahah, Nigeria too like eyeservice sha, so if I hardened criminal Unknown Gunmen see parked APC them go run? we all saw a video recently in imo state where the new MRAP that was delivered was patrolling on the road without a gunner, in Imo state ooo!, Where wahala dey..

My guy, these issue deeep

6 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SamuelAnyawu(m): 8:36am On Jun 24, 2021
Whyem15:

Read its almajiri base. The equipment were neatly captured yet no reported casualties on the army side. The base was abandoned. About 6 gun trucks and 1 Ezegwu MRAP captured.
The attack must have been so fast that NAF wasn't able to provide support or hunt the terrorists as they withdrew.

Yes it’s a camp in Chabbal area not too far from Kasuwa Fara. Chabbal is in Maiduguri gate area coming from Gubio.

The Military might have withdrawn so fast. The Military really needs to improve on its situational awareness.

Even as a Humanitarian dude I tour the community in the morning before I approve colleagues movement and tour at nights even when I know there are no attacks.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Whyem15: 8:41am On Jun 24, 2021
cutievik:

I don't know what to talk about again...Too many lapses, the most common, when you pass check points and see the vehicles with machine guns unmanned, you begin to imagine, if this guy's on stop and search come under attack certainly, the vehicles are gone because they would be abandoned with such cache of weapons.

The painful ones are the APC's left lying fallow outside barracks or police stations unmanned, the believe a parked unmanned vehicle is a deterrent...hahahah, Nigeria too like eyeservice sha, so if I hardened criminal Unknown Gunmen see parked APC them go run? we all saw a video recently in imo state where the new MRAP that was delivered was patrolling on the road without a gunner, in Imo state ooo!, Where wahala dey..

For a base that hasn't been attacked for several years, you won't expect the troops to be as mentally and physically alert as those in bases in northern Borno. A little motivation like demoting COs of bases like this and detaining troops who fail in their responsibility for some time will improve their alert status.
And then no soldier should be on guard duty and sentry for more than an hour or two in a stretch to avoid fatigue.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Stormtrooper11(m): 8:44am On Jun 24, 2021
cutievik:

True. Some of our NCOs don't realize that the Nigerian population is getting more militarized daily. Those days when an APC had a psychological effect on the civilians is slowly phasing out. Anytime an APC passes by a Nigerian lay man would say "oboy see armor tanks", "army carry nuclear weapons pass today o". All these misinformation is phasing out because people like you and i are getting more informed daily, thanks to social media.
Indiscipline has eaten into our system. We have said it countless times here. The truth is, our heads know what to do. They don't or they can't. Maybe they have given up or they are enjoying it
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Whyem15: 8:47am On Jun 24, 2021
SamuelAnyawu:

Yes it’s a camp in Chabbal area not too far from Kasuwa Fara. Chabbal is in Maiduguri gate area coming from Gubio.

The Military might have withdrawn so fast. The Military really needs to improve on its situational awareness.

Even as a Humanitarian dude I tour the community in the morning before I approve colleagues movement and tour at nights even when I know there are no attacks.

This is where I must commend the CO of that base, he recognized that he had failed to notice the attack until it was too late and rather than wasting lives of troops under his command, he decided to give ground to the terrorists. It's far better to lose weapons than to lose men. He could have done better though. The troops will live to kill more terrorists another day.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 9:02am On Jun 24, 2021
SamuelAnyawu:

shocked
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 9:06am On Jun 24, 2021
Whyem15:

Chai shocked angry
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 9:08am On Jun 24, 2021
Whyem15:
https://eonsintelligence.com/details/david-otto-col-13882973037/armed-bandits-from-the-iswap-faction-led-by-abu-musab-al-barnawi-ambush-soldiers-in-military-base-near-maiduguri-486892926

SMDH
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 9:13am On Jun 24, 2021
Whyem15:
This war is in it's last phase(could still last for decades though) attacks are becoming less frequent and on soft/small targets, the terrorists are nearly out of options and are desperate trying to maintain strength by looting weapons and equipment from small military bases. The last time they attacked brigade or battalion sized forces was end of April/very early in May. They have opened up another front by attacking each other. This isn't the time for the military to slack.
If you believe it could still last for decades, then is not in is last phase, anything can still happen. They can still attack a brigade or battalion sized forces when they are ready to do so, I will remind you of this when they do so.

Stop thinking on behalf of ISWAP grin, I'm sure you never saw them attacking Boko Haram and even killing Shekarau in just a single operation(What the Nigerian military and paramilitary have not been able to do since 2009).

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 9:16am On Jun 24, 2021
fabselad:

shocked
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 9:18am On Jun 24, 2021
COAS VISITS IMO STATE

...Lauds Troops' Resilience in Restoring Security

The Chief of Army Staff ( COAS) Maj Gen Faruk Yahaya has lauded the resilience and doggedness of troops of 34 Brigade and operatives of other security agencies in turning the tide of the recent spate of insecurity that resulted from the criminal activities of the proscribed group, IPOB, in Imo State.

Gen Yahaya made the commendation today at Obinze Barracks, Owerri Imo state, while addressing the troops during his maiden operational visit to Headquarters 34 Brigade.

He told the troops that his visit was informed by the need to have an on-the-spot assessment of the security situation in the state. The COAS expressed delight on the successes so far recorded by the troops and urged them to redouble their effort in order to consolidate on their successes.

Gen Yahaya further charged them to be loyal and exhibit high sense of duty at all times. He pointed out, that more sucesses would be recorded through compliance to instructions and loyalty to superior authority.

The COAS also called on the officers to always lead by example and ensure that troops are adequately briefed and kept abreast of the mission at hand.

In a show of synergy, the COAS also paid a visit to troops of 211 Response Group, Nigerian Air Force, Owerri, where he implored the troops to be professional and alert at all times. He expressed appreciated them for their spirit of jointness and synergy towards tackling insecurity in the state.

Highlight of the working tour was COAS' visit to the proposed Military Hospital Owerri and a tour of Obinze Barracks.

ONYEMA NWACHUKWU
Brigadier General
Director Army Public Relations
23 June 2021
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Whyem15: 9:35am On Jun 24, 2021
DubaiLandLord:
If you believe it could still last for decades, then is not in is last phase, anything can still happen. They can still attack a brigade or battalion sized forces when they are ready to do so, I will remind you of this when they do so.

Stop thinking on behalf of ISWAP grin, I'm sure you never saw them attacking Boko Haram and even killing Shekarau in just a single operation(What the Nigerian military and paramilitary have not been able to do since 2009).

They won't just vanish into thin air, they will keep getting weaker and sometimes get divided for several months until it joining isn't attractive anymore. This will happen naturally and government actions can accelerate it. Yes they could get stronger at any point but it would only be temporary. And yes they may yet attack brigade/battalion sized forces but it will never be as frequent as it used to.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 9:55am On Jun 24, 2021
Whyem15:

They won't just vanish into thin air, they will keep getting weaker and sometimes get divided for several months until it joining isn't attractive anymore. This will happen naturally and government actions can accelerate it. Yes they could get stronger at any point but it would only be temporary. And yes they may yet attack brigade/battalion sized forces but it will never be as frequent as it used to.
Attacking of Brigade and battalion sized forces have never been a frequent occurrence.

As for me, ISWAP is still as strong as they were before. The Nigerian military have not done enough to weaken them. That's why they are able and confident to bring the battle to the army and Boko Haram in Borno south.

ISWAP that is capable of attacking Boko Haram and are not stopping at that, they have started attacking military units too. They are nothing as close as getting weak or overstretche.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1796) (1797) (1798) (1799) (1800) (1801) (1802) ... (2203) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.