Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,144 members, 7,852,906 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 08:09 AM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (185) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3066616 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) ... (2203) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 8:10am On Nov 02, 2016
MORE.....

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 8:12am On Nov 02, 2016
CONCLUSION...

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 8:20am On Nov 02, 2016
Beautiful pictures of Namibian Navy Grajua Class patrol Boat..

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 8:22am On Nov 02, 2016
Nigerian Air Force Inaugurates Barracks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lH9eUE1qOqc
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 8:29am On Nov 02, 2016
Chief of Army Staff Commissions New Military Front Operations Base To Counter Boko Haram.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQOprOxbxbs

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 8:34am On Nov 02, 2016
COAS Lt. General Tukur Buratai Receives NEPAD Delegation On Nigerian Barracks Development https:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5Y8b5yP1SM
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by persius555(m): 8:36am On Nov 02, 2016
Our men we to be having fun in sambisa

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYXL4IAY0L4
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 8:37am On Nov 02, 2016
#TopStories: Security: Army, Police To Work Together ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8-7QjKGGqc
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 8:44am On Nov 02, 2016
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 8:47am On Nov 02, 2016
persius555:
Our men we to be having fun in sambisa

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYXL4IAY0L4

having fun on there way from alarngono in sambisa forest, I think av seeing the video before.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 8:50am On Nov 02, 2016
Car bomb kills 8 suspected Boko Haram in Maiduguri

A truck conveying eight suspected Boko Haram Islamists exploded near a military checkpoint in Maiduguri on Tuesday, killing the occupants, an army spokesman said.
The open truck burst into flames when the explosives concealed in it went off as the insurgents were trying to escape from a military checkpoint, Colonel Sani Usman said.
“They attempted to detonate at a checkpoint but were denied access by troops and as they turned back, it exploded killing all the eight occupants,” he said.
The checkpoint was the last security post leading out of Maiduguri towards the town of Gubio which was liberated from Boko Haram fighters last year.
A police spokesman put the death toll in Tuesday’s blast at nine.
“A van with nine persons on board emerged from a bush path to join the road to Gubio town.
It exploded killing all the persons on board,” Victor Isuku told reporters in Maiduguri.
Maiduguri, the epicentre of Boko Haram insurgency, has recently seen an upsurge in suicide attacks and bombings.
On Saturday, nine people were killed in twin suicide attacks, targeting an internally displaced persons camp and a fuel depot near the city.
Last month, five occupants of a car were killed outside a garage on the outskirts of the city in what authorities said was a suicide attack.
Boko Haram’s seven-year insurgency has left at least 20,000 people dead in Nigeria and the border areas of neighbouring Niger, Chad and Cameroon, and has made more than 2.6 million homeless.
A sustained counter-offensive has seen the military retake swathes of territory from the insurgents, but the jihadist group still poses a security threat to civilians.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 12:45pm On Nov 02, 2016
A STATIONED FH-77BO5-L52

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 3:01pm On Nov 02, 2016
#RADIO COMM'S...

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 6:12pm On Nov 02, 2016
Two KDF soldiers killed, 4 injured in Somalia attack

At least two Kenyan defense force (KDF) soldiers were killed, and four others wounded in a bomb blast near El Wak town in Gedo province, south-west of Somalia on Wednesday.

The attack occurred at Burta-Mangete, a small locality located in the outskirts of El Wak city when a remote-controlled landmine struck a military convoy carrying Kenyan forces.

The KDF convoy was transporting a military supply to Kenyan army base at Buzar area, near Somali-Kenyan border at the time of the roadside bomb attack, according to locals.

Reports indicated that they were casualties among KDF soldiers as a result of the attack, however, neither Al Shabaab group nor Kenya has commented on the land mine blast.

Kenyan forces in Somalia who are serving with African Union Mission in Somalia (AMISOM) have crossed into the horn of Africa country in Oct, 2011 to fight Al shabaab militants.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 6:49pm On Nov 02, 2016
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 6:57pm On Nov 02, 2016
Nigerian troops rescue 38 women, children from Boko Haram terrorists

Nigerian troops have rescued 38 women and children held hostage by terror group Boko Haram in the northeastern state of Borno, the Army headquarters said on Tuesday.

The troops also neutralized six Boko Haram fighters, while others fled with gunshot wounds during the rescue operation in Dumba village of Borno State, said a statement signed by Sani Usman, spokesman of the army.

The 19 women and 19 children rescued have been taken into custody by the army, according to the statement.

Troops of 8 Task Force Division of the Nigerian Army have commenced an operation code-named "Operation Hardknock" to clear pockets of Boko Haram terrorists hiding in remote areas of Borno, along Nigeria-Niger borders, the statement said.

"As the operation progresses, troops have cleared pockets of insurgents from their hideouts in Momo and Tunshe villages around Marte general area of Borno State," it added.

The Nigerian government has launched several military operations over the past months to eliminate the terror group, which emerged in northeast Nigeria's Borno region.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 7:47am On Nov 03, 2016
*************WARNING DISTURBING IMAGES**************

TROOPS FOIL BOKO HARAM TERRORISTS SUICIDE ATTACK ON GUBIO BORNO STATE

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 8:02am On Nov 03, 2016
Rival Terror Groups — ISIS and al-Shabaab — Descend on Somalia, Making Life Even More Perilous for Christians

Darkness is growing in Somalia.

Last week, the Islamic State (ISIS) terrorist group gained its first foothold in the country located in the Horn of Africa, according Mission Network News.

The al-Shabaab, another Islamist militant group, has likewise reportedly taken over parts of the country.

"These are perilous times" for Christians in Somalia, said Voice of the Martyrs, Canada's Greg Musselman.

"Yet, in the middle of all that, we do hear these many stories of Muslims having visions and dreams of Jesus. They need that, really, in order to stand for their faith," he revealed.

Last week ISIS militants entered Qandala, a small coastal town in northern Somalia, which is al-Shabaab territory. According to Reuters, the ISIS fighters flew their flag over a government building but then withdrew to nearby caves a day later.

"The militants left town early this morning but they are not far away," Abdiweli Adan, an elder in a town close to Qandala, told AFP. "Some fishermen saw them staying close by in mountainous enclaves."

Just like ISIS, al-Shabaab is also in the territory-grabbing business. Its militants reportedly seized several towns in Somalia after Ethiopia pulled out its peacekeeping troops from the country..

Although ISIS and al-Shabaab, which is allied with al-Qaeda, are both considered terrorist organisations, the two oppose each other.

"The Shabaab decided to kill anyone suspected of supporting ISIS," an al Shabaab defector recently told The New York Times. "The fighting between them is a struggle over power, not principle."

Somalia is "one of the most difficult places in the world" for Christians, Musselman said. In recent weeks, the terrorists "have been attacking Christian areas along the Kenya and Somali border in retaliation for the Kenyan government saying they were going to 'stomp out'...al-Shabaab," he said.

Somalia is ranked number seven on Open Doors USA's World Watch List of the world's 50 worst places to be a Christian.

It has been on the World Watch List since 1993. Open Doors USA says since the downfall of Ziad Barre in 1991, Somalia has become a safe haven for Islamic radicalism.

It says life for former Muslims who converted to Christianity is much more difficult in Somalia compared to other countries known for persecuting Christians.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Fynline(m): 10:11am On Nov 03, 2016
Vickers, T72, Reva, Scorpion

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Uw84u75BrI

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 1:58pm On Nov 03, 2016
NAF STUNT PARATROOPERS PREPARES TO JUMP FROM A DORNIER AIRCRAFT.......

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 2:03pm On Nov 03, 2016
Fynline:
Vickers, T72, Reva, Scorpion

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Uw84u75BrI

Nice video @Fynline.

I love the t-72 speed.....
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 6:03pm On Nov 03, 2016
·
Abdulkareem embedded journalist wrote:

"Who am I to defend the person of General Buratai. It is even a waste of time trying to. Am not saying that he is saintly..no. But his personality, his professionalism, and unwavered patriotism stands him out amongst the crowd...that alone upsets enemies of peace, progress in this raped country..
But on 9th of September, 2015 when the COAS tore through subdued attacks by Boko Haram and made it to Gamboru-Ngala, the border area of Borno where he supervised the destruction of Boko Haram flags/illegal insignia and hoisted back the Nigerian flag on Nigerian territory, that day I saw a crack General of the Nigerian Army. And when he chose to pass the night there under an unfriendly weather conditions, while Boko Haram insurgents snuck around to plant land mine on our return path, that day I witnessed the true display of courage...And when General Buratai decided to have a one-on-one with all corporal-below soldiers during which he personally listened to their demands/challenges and even took field advise on how the asymmetric war could be executed effectively, that day I saw humility and true mark of leadership...and even when the General defied the Boko Haram terrorists to order a burn fire in dead of the night...I saw a jubilant troops who screamed in excitement and hailed one Army General that had made them feel important in a very long time...
Honestly these are the few things I know of the many good accolades of this gentleman and soldier...
Good things, sometimes, don't get instant accolades especially in a clime where badness is almost a virtue...I rest my boring case."

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 7:35pm On Nov 03, 2016
WATCH ;"BATTLE FROM NORTHERN BORNO"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zmLW6rsSRc

In these 2mins + video some battle field scene cut where introduced into the report.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by LTGEN: 10:59pm On Nov 03, 2016
bidexiii:
·
Abdulkareem embedded journalist wrote:

"Who am I to defend the person of General Buratai. It is even a waste of time trying to. Am not saying that he is saintly..no. But his personality, his professionalism, and unwavered patriotism stands him out amongst the crowd...that alone upsets enemies of peace, progress in this raped country..
But on 9th of September, 2015 when the COAS tore through subdued attacks by Boko Haram and made it to Gamboru-Ngala, the border area of Borno where he supervised the destruction of Boko Haram flags/illegal insignia and hoisted back the Nigerian flag on Nigerian territory, that day I saw a crack General of the Nigerian Army. And when he chose to pass the night there under an unfriendly weather conditions, while Boko Haram insurgents snuck around to plant land mine on our return path, that day I witnessed the true display of courage...And when General Buratai decided to have a one-on-one with all corporal-below soldiers during which he personally listened to their demands/challenges and even took field advise on how the asymmetric war could be executed effectively, that day I saw humility and true mark of leadership...and even when the General defied the Boko Haram terrorists to order a burn fire in dead of the night...I saw a jubilant troops who screamed in excitement and hailed one Army General that had made them feel important in a very long time...
Honestly these are the few things I know of the many good accolades of this gentleman and soldier...
Good things, sometimes, don't get instant accolades especially in a clime where badness is almost a virtue...I rest my boring case."
Not only is this a true story , for security reasons information during the period of September 2015 , unknown to the Nigerian public saw LT. GEN Buratai constantly in the "North" (Location withheld) . BH as the embedded journalists will tell repeatedly tried to take him out (independently verified fact by someone who was there). This was a telling moment for the men and women who risked their lives everyday.
The embedded journalist also said something about LT. GEN T.Y.B. asking about details of particular scenarios, this is some the General repeatedly does and he does not do well with people who only kiss his ***.
He also pays special attention to those Soldiers who have "chewed dirt" been in combat and have performed well when it comes to promotion to one star or two star Generals and below regardless of ethnicity a fact lost on some Nigerians who act in wonderment when the story does not fit the narrative.
Nigeria is blessed to have all three service chiefs at this time regardless of where they are from. Including the NSA . They all came up through the ranks and have the best interests of Nigeria at heart.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by rugged7(m): 4:37am On Nov 04, 2016
lol....Tales by moonlight.

A corrupt airforce general who goes to import Honkers for "airport defence" while we have proforce and innoson.

And an army snake charmer General who owns a 20 million dollar property in dubai.

And a C-in-C who unlooks while his men are looting.

Abeg i no wan talk.

LTGEN:

Not only is this a true story , for security reasons information during the period of September 2015 , unknown to the Nigerian public saw LT. GEN Buratai constantly in the "North" (Location withheld) . BH as the embedded journalists will tell repeatedly tried to take him out (independently verified fact by someone who was there). This was a telling moment for the men and women who risked their lives everyday.
The embedded journalist also said something about LT. GEN T.Y.B. asking about details of particular scenarios, this is some the General repeatedly does and he does not do well with people who only kiss his ***.
He also pays special attention to those Soldiers who have "chewed dirt" been in combat and have performed well when it comes to promotion to one star or two star Generals and below regardless of ethnicity a fact lost on some Nigerians who act in wonderment when the story does not fit the narrative.
Nigeria is blessed to have all three service chiefs at this time regardless of where they are from. Including the NSA . They all came up through the ranks and have the best interests of Nigeria at heart.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 8:42am On Nov 04, 2016
rugged7:

A corrupt airforce general who goes to import Honkers for "airport defence" while we have proforce and innoson.

And an army snake charmer General who owns a 20 million dollar property in dubai.

Abeg i no wan talk.

I totally disagree with you.

An average conolel or its equivalent in Nigeria armed force his a big man of today. Now am not saying everybody is a saint, after all there is a popular that goes like these :" an average Nigerian is corrupt".

On the property which was ur basis that he his corrupt, was bought before he became the COAS. There other top military officers who are not chiefs of commanding officers who have property abroad !

To a very high degree, I can verge for the present serving chiefs. They are doing a fantastic job.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 8:45am On Nov 04, 2016
Al Shabaab Behind Attack On KDF, Death Toll Rises to 4

http://allafrica.com/stories/201611030702.html
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by LTGEN: 8:52am On Nov 04, 2016
Mr Rugged7
May you never have a first hand experience with war.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 8:57am On Nov 04, 2016
TROOPS INTERCEPTS BOKO HARAM TERRORISTS AT BRIMARI BORNO STATE

Troops of 8 Task Force Division Nigerian Army on a fighting patrol along Monguno-Brimari road, Borno State, today intercepted a group of Boko Haram terorists suspected to be on a mission to loot logistics supplies in surrounding villages.

On sighting the patrol, the insurgents engaged the troops in a shootout that lasted for about fifteen minutes before they were overpowered by the superior fire power of the patrol. In the encounter, 2 insurgents were neutralized.

The troops recovered weapons including 1 Fabrique Nationale (FN) rifle loaded with a magazine containing 10 rounds of 7.62mm (Special) ammunition, 1 AK-47 rifle and 3 magazines from the terrorists. Also recovered from the insurgents were 2 motorcycles, various drugs, wrappers and clothes.

Thank you for your usual cooperation.

Colonel Sani Kukasheka Usman
Acting Director Army Public Relations

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by giles14(m): 9:58am On Nov 04, 2016
rugged7:

Abeg i no wan talk.

my broda dat Nigeria for u.
while dey kip on shouting we will kill corruption while d dey are corruption demslves

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 1:25pm On Nov 04, 2016
Nigerian Air Force signs deal to purchase Super Mushshak aircraft from Pakistan

The Nigerian Air Force (NAF) has reportedly signed a deal to purchase ten Super Mushshak aircraft from Pakistan.

The deal is in line with the NAF's plans to purchase up to 20 JF-17s from Pakistan Aeronautical Complex (PAC) at a cost of $25m, and Super Mushshak basic trainers at $10.2m, IANS Pakistan reported.

The Pakistan Air Force was quoted by media sources as saying: "This contract would not only open new avenues for export of aviation equipment to foreign countries but also help in generating revenue for the country.

"The deal further strengthens PAC's status as a world class aviation industry producing the supersonic JF-17 Thunder and Super Mushshak trainer aircraft.”

The contract also requires Pakistan to provide operational training and technical support and assistance to the NAF.

PAC's MFI-395 Super Mushshak is a military trainer / light attack aircraft derived from the MFI-17 Mushshak trainer aircraft.

Designed to provide primary flight training to pilots, Super Mushshak is equipped with a blind screen, which allows the aircraft to carry out instrument flying missions.

The glass cockpit of the aircraft has enough space to accommodate two flight crew members, a student pilot and a flight instructor.

The aircraft is fitted with two integral fuel tanks with a capacity to carry 47 gallons of fuel.

Super Mushshak is currently in service with Saudi Arabia, Oman, Iran and South Africa.

http://www.airforce-technology.com/news/newsnigerian-air-force-signs-deal-to-purchase-super-mushshak-aircraft-from-pakistan-5645771#.WBsUIPWxkNQ.twitter
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 1:35pm On Nov 04, 2016
WELCOME home, NNS UNITY F92. Kudos To Her Competent Crew Of Voyagers & To Her Commanding Officer, Navy Captain A.O Ogunleye

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) ... (2203) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: ElijahOkoh(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.