Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,140 members, 7,852,877 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 07:44 AM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (187) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3066600 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) ... (2203) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by tmann626(m): 6:03pm On Nov 05, 2016
bidexiii:

+ive

BOKO HARAM TERRORISTS ATTACK MILITARY LOCATION IN NORTHERN BORNO…lost a gallant officer

Yesterday at about 10.00pm suspected Boko Haram terrorists attacked a 119 Battalion Nigerian Army location at Mallam Fatori, northern Borno State. The troops fought gallantly and repelled the attack, killing 14 Boko Haram terrorists.

Unfortunately, we lost an officer and 4 soldiers, while 4 other soldiers sustained various degrees of injuries during the encounter. One of those killed in action, was Lieutenant Colonel Muhammad Abu Ali, the Commanding Officer of 272 Tank Battalion.

It will be recalled that because of the late senior officer’s exceptional bravery and gallantry, he was given an accelerated promotion from the rank of Major to Lieutenant Colonel and was decorated by the Chief of Army Staff, Lieutenant General TY Buratai at Gamboru Ngala on 9th September 2015 during an operational visit.

So far, the troops have recovered 1 General Purpose Machine Gun (GPMG), 7 AK-47 rifles and a large quantity of ammunition. Mopping up and exploitation are ongoing.

Thank you for your kind cooperation.

Colonel Sani Kukasheka Usman
Acting Director Army Public Relations
oga Bidexii. how are u doing? i just wanna to thank for keeping this great thread alive with ur post. God bless you. i'm very sad that we lost one of the finest military officers in the Nigeria army. i'm suspecting a conspiracy in the Nigeria army and someone betrayed the army because i cant believe that boko haram cant kill Lt colonel Ali like that. someone must have given them a sensitve infomation about the whereabout of the officer. boko Haram can never be destroyed until the army is being checked properly. Rest in peace my hero.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 6:19pm On Nov 05, 2016
tmann626:
oga Bidexii. how are u doing? i just wanna to thank for keeping this great thread alive with ur post. God bless you. i'm very sad that we lost one of the finest military officers in the Nigeria army. i'm suspecting a conspiracy in the Nigeria army and someone betrayed the army because i cant believe that boko haram cant kill Lt colonel Ali like that. someone must have given them a sensitve infomation about the whereabout of the officer. boko Haram can never be destroyed until the army is being checked properly. Rest in peace my hero.

... angry grin grin

We can't say that there are no insiders/moles in the military, was it Las three weeks where some soldiers and police where arrested for being insiders for BHT.

You might be right or wrong, but I trust the military intelligence would look into the matter.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 6:28pm On Nov 05, 2016
#NA BYKES

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by giles14(m): 7:45pm On Nov 05, 2016
bidexiii:
SAD NEWS....... shocked cry embarassed

Lieutenant conolel muhammad abu Ali, Commanding Officer of 272 tank battalion .

R.I.P BRAVE OFFICER & SOLDIER.

AND TO THE OTHER SOLDIERS THAT LOST THERE LIVES DURING THE ATTACK.
how did it happen. was his tank ambushed with atgm
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 7:50pm On Nov 05, 2016
giles14:
how did it happen. was his tank ambushed with atgm

For now we don't know the circumstances that surrounded his death.

But I don't think he was when he was inside his tank... Am not sure just saying.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 9:10pm On Nov 05, 2016
THE LEGENDARY T-72 COMMANDER. (MIDDLE)

6 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 1:45am On Nov 06, 2016
SBSC AT A SHOOTING RANGE.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by doziex: 2:37am On Nov 06, 2016
RIP to lt.col. Alli. And all the other brave soldiers.

Let's hope this was not related to an ATGM. NA should take seriously BHTs ability to upgrade. After all, they went from a can bomb hurling motorcycle gang that fire bombed police stations, to gun truck and rpg equipped force.
[
Circa 2011 on beegeagles blog, I correctly predicted that would happen, and towns and bases will fall. The worst thing one can do, is to constantly underestimate your enemy.
Especially One that has dealt NA it's most humiliating military defeats.

So.we need to spend, and spend fast to further boost our advantages in the NE battle space.
The vaunted T72 tank that our late hero fought so valiantly in, was purchased in inexcusable small numbers. About 50 of the type was acquired by dasuki, who only used a fraction of the money that was allocated. It cost like $88,000 for the hurl. Does anyone think nigeria can't afford 500 of these tanks ?

Sudan just ordered 150 from russia's excess stock which numbers 20,000 tanks. Ethiopia and south Sudan purchased T72 tanks numbering 200 and 100 respectively in the recent past.

NA should buy these excess russian armament, then pay for them to be factory refurbished and upgraded.
This is the quickest and most effective way to ramp up numbers.
So if Bht acquires ATGMs, we Will be able to absorb the impact, and not be overwhelmed by it.?

Luckily, bht don't have a patron such as Iran. Their ATGMs have tormented Israeli tanks in Lebanon and occasionally in Gaza, and are currently tormenting the Saudi's in Yemen.
American/Saudi TOW missiles have in turn tormented Assads Iranian/Russian backed army.
Live footage of this abounds on YouTube.

In the same vein, Shekau has at least 2 MANPADs in his possession as seen in recent footage.

Say they have 10 of these, how long will it take to neutralize Operation Gama Aiki with it's paltry 3 alpha jets and 3 F7s ?

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by persius555(m): 7:49am On Nov 06, 2016
doziex:

RIP to lt.col. Alli. And all the other brave soldiers.

Let's hope this was not related to an ATGM. NA should take seriously BHTs ability to upgrade. After all, they went from a can bomb hurling motorcycle gang that fire bombed police stations, to gun truck and rpg equipped force.
[
Circa 2011 on beegeagles blog, I correctly predicted that would happen, and towns and bases will fall. The worst thing one can do, is to constantly underestimate your enemy.
Especially One that has dealt NA it's most humiliating military defeats.

So.we need to spend, and spend fast to further boost our advantages in the NE battle space.
The vaunted T72 tank that our late hero fought so valiantly in, was purchased in inexcusable small numbers. About 50 of the type was acquired by dasuki, who only used a fraction of the money that was allocated. It cost like $88,000 for the hurl. Does anyone think nigeria can't afford 500 of these tanks ?

Sudan just ordered 150 from russia's excess stock which numbers 20,000 tanks. Ethiopia and south Sudan purchased T72 tanks numbering 200 and 100 respectively in the recent past.

NA should buy these excess russian armament, then pay for them to be factory refurbished and upgraded.
This is the quickest and most effective way to ramp up numbers.
So if Bht acquires ATGMs, we Will be able to absorb the impact, and not be overwhelmed by it.?

Luckily, bht don't have a patron such as Iran. Their ATGMs have tormented Israeli tanks in Lebanon and occasionally in Gaza, and are currently tormenting the Saudi's in Yemen.
American/Saudi TOW missiles have in turn tormented Assads Iranian/Russian backed army.
Live footage of this abounds on YouTube.

In the same vein, Shekau has at least 2 MANPADs in his possession as seen in recent footage.

Say they have 10 of these, how long will it take to neutralize Operation Gama Aiki with it's paltry 3 alpha jets and 3 F7s ?

Oga doziex, thank you for the tactical breakdown. We would be unfair to our country if we keep pretending that BH is technicaly or whatever dead. These demons are evolving.It might not be at a lightning pace but my worry is this govt's refusal to do what is necessary at the right time.
Like you and others have always clamoured, we need to seriously upgrade the NA inventory.

I can bet BH is having a tea party as colonel Muhammed Ali death is a sort sigh of relief in their camp. We should be throwing everything at these vermins at this moment.

Once more RIP to our fallen hero.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 8:15am On Nov 06, 2016
TROOPS OF 27 TASK FORCE BRIGADE EMBARKS ON OPERATION KARYA GWUIWA

In continuation of the ongoing clearance operation against Boko Haram terrorists, troops of 27 Task Force Brigade, Nigerian Army have embarked on a joint Operation nicknamed "Operation KARYA GWUIWA".

In line with that, the formation has carried out clearance operations on suspected Boko Haram terrorists hideouts at Ajigin, Golgore, Njibulla, Doksa 1, 2 and 3 villages located at southern parts of Borno State.

During the operation, they neutralized 37 Boko Haram terrorists at Ajigin and recovered 3 AK-47 rifles.

Unfortunately, a vigilante group member lost his life while 6 soldiers were wounded during the clearance operation. The corpse of the late vigilante and the wounded soldiers have been evacuated.

The troops also captured 1 Boko Haram terrorist named Musa Jubril and 1 female believed to be sex slave in captivity by the sects and recovered 8 Motorcycles, stored raw foodstuffs and beddings.

The troops have continued with the clearance operation and also maintaining blocking positions to further neutralize and destroy any fleeing Boko Haram terrorists.

Thank you for your kind cooperation.

Colonel Sani Kukasheka Usman
Acting Director Army Public Relations

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 9:12am On Nov 06, 2016
Algeria: Two terrorists killed in Jijel

Around 12h local time on Friday November 4, the Popular National Army (PNA) executed an ambush in the area of Mechta Boughoula located in the commune of El Aouana, Jijel Province. The operation resulted in the killing of two terrorists and seizure of their weapons, two assault rifles of type Kalashnikov, five filled magazines, a quantity of ammunition and a mobile phone. A sum of €9.000 in currency were also seized as a result of the operation, announced the following day by the Ministry of National Defense.

The two terrorists killed have been identified as Gh. Samir/’Abou Haroun’ who joined “terrorist groups” in 1994 and B. Houcine/’Abou Bakeur’, according to a statement by the Algerian Ministry of National Defense, it was also stated that the operation enabled “the elimination of one of the dangerous terrorists in the Eastern Region of the country”, already indicated with regard to the fact that the former joined terrorist groups as early as in 1994. A local source told MENASTREAM that ‘Abou Haroun’ was a former GIA (Armed Islamic Group) and GSPC (Salafist Group for Preaching and Combat) “but not a big fish”.

EmailPrintTwitterGoogle+FacebookTumblrPinterestLinkedInRedditStumbleUponShare
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 9:13am On Nov 06, 2016
Mali: New video release by AQIM’s Al-Andalus Media – ‘Traitors 2’

http://menastream.com/mali-aqim-andalus-traitors-2/
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 9:17am On Nov 06, 2016
MORE PICS ON LATE LEU COL ABU ALI

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Tochex101(m): 9:45am On Nov 06, 2016
We need our new jets ASAP!
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Katyusha(m): 11:28am On Nov 06, 2016
bidexiii:
MORE PICS ON LATE LEU COL ABU ALI
Sarkin Yayi is gone! He should been withdrawn from the frontline. His death is a major propaganda victory for BH. Any news on his crew?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 11:34am On Nov 06, 2016
Katyusha:
Sarkin Yayi is gone! He should been withdrawn from the frontline. His death is a major propaganda victory for BH. Any news on his crew?

Honestly.

But believe it will be cut short of such propaganda.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 11:35am On Nov 06, 2016
Tochex101:

They should start coming in from these month, hopefully.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Katyusha(m): 11:46am On Nov 06, 2016
bidexiii:

Honestly.

But believe it will be cut short of such propaganda.
I just hope ATGMs were not involved. RIP to the Hero of our time.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Tochex101(m): 11:59am On Nov 06, 2016
bidexiii:

They should start coming in from these month, hopefully.
That's what I keep reading everywhere. They better not dissapoint...........24 days left.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 12:06pm On Nov 06, 2016
Tochex101:

That's what I keep reading everywhere. They better not dissapoint...........24 days left.

......... grin grin grin

We've waited these long, what is left is not much.. cheesy
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 12:07pm On Nov 06, 2016
Katyusha:
I just hope ATGMs were not involved. RIP to the Hero of our time.

I don't think he was killed when he was in his tank...? His camp base was attacked and killed during the attack.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 12:12pm On Nov 06, 2016
#BTR -4E IN N.E FRONTLINES.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Katyusha(m): 12:16pm On Nov 06, 2016
bidexiii:

I don't think he was killed when he was in his tank...? His camp base was attacked and killed during the attack.
Needless death. He should have been posted back to the Nigerian Army School of Armour in Bauchi. His experience would have been needed to train new crack units. All that skill and experience lost. So annoying.

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by giles14(m): 1:26pm On Nov 06, 2016
bidexiii:
#BTR -4E IN N.E FRONTLINES.
so dis junk is still functional
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by MikeCZA: 2:32pm On Nov 06, 2016
Tochex101:
Why ASAP?

The death of the officer will have no strategic impact on the war. BH have been on the back foot.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 3:04pm On Nov 06, 2016
giles14:
so dis junk is still functional

Seriously his it junk.........

Those are the procurement made during the last administration wink

Anyway the Btr4E is doing a nice job in the N.E.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 3:05pm On Nov 06, 2016
MikeCZA:
Why ASAP?

The death of the officer will have no strategic impact on the war. BH have been on the back foot.

....... lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Tochex101(m): 3:57pm On Nov 06, 2016
MikeCZA:
Why ASAP?

Yes I agree but haven't you noticed the increase in frequency of their attacks. The casualty rate of our soldiers in the last 1 or 2 months has sharply risen, its very disturbing and we both know those jets will help us fight better.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 4:02pm On Nov 06, 2016
Tochex101:

Yes I agree but haven't you noticed the increase in frequency of their attacks. The casualty rate of our soldiers in the last 1 or 2 months has sharply risen, its very disturbing and we both know those jets will help us fight better.

It is the dry season, the frequency of Boko-Haram attacks is expected to increase, there is nothing new here. We've had this cycle for the past 5 years. JF-17s would not do anything to strategically tilt the balance of play which has been in our favour. The Alpha jets, MI-24, MI-17 terminator, CH-3Aand F-7s already carry out this role.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 7:34pm On Nov 06, 2016
Last Command of Late Lt Col Abu Ali by AMINU.

"Gentlemen, stay alert, alive & be prayerful. I don't want any of my soldier injured or lost his life in this operation, and if at all someone may go down let me be the one". ~~Lt Col Abu Ali.

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 7:35pm On Nov 06, 2016
ABU AS A CADET OFFICER

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 7:37pm On Nov 06, 2016
MORE...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) ... (2203) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.