Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,528 members, 7,819,900 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:56 AM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (2154) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3031673 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2151) (2152) (2153) (2154) (2155) (2156) (2157) ... (2201) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by DaddyGoo: 12:37pm On Mar 30, 2023
Exnavyboy62:

The Army should give NASENI access to the helicopters so they can learn a thing or two about the tech and apply it in the making of the Nigerian made helicopter

Maybe add 3 more frames to their order for teardown and reverse research

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 1:10am On Apr 01, 2023

5 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by ocelot2006(m): 1:40am On Apr 01, 2023
bidexiii:
#NA
#COIN
#NE

Hey, looks like MoD is slowly digitizing our standard issue camo. Not bad at all. smiley
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 8:47pm On Apr 01, 2023
A convoy of CS/VP3 BigFoot MRAPs of Poly Technologies, Inc. Was spotted in the city of Lagos, Nigeria.

7 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Blueelf: 9:12pm On Apr 01, 2023

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 8:45am On Apr 02, 2023

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 8:49am On Apr 02, 2023
ocelot2006:

Hey, looks like MoD is slowly digitizing our standard issue camo. Not bad at all. smiley

I think they actually ran-out of the actual materials sticks, they went for something close ??

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 3:29pm On Apr 03, 2023
Exhibition at 1Q COAS Conference 2023

Honestly the Federal Government and MOD should patronize proforce, we can do better. I live the products coming out from the Cooperation. By now we should stop importing MRAPs and let proforce and DICON handle that aspects.

Both proforce and DICON Vehicles on display

10 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by GabrielYulaw(m): 12:26am On Apr 05, 2023
bidexiii:

Dark days

Watched the video. Felt so much rage and helplessness.

Lessons were learned from this, right?

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 10:36am On Apr 05, 2023
GabrielYulaw:

Watched the video. Felt so much rage and helplessness.

Lessons were learned from this, right?

Yeap

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 8:21am On Apr 06, 2023
NA MADE SNIPER ARMOURED VEHICLEs

1st pic on display is for the NA and 2nd for NPF

8 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 11:08am On Apr 07, 2023
Cited this from the Minister of aviation Twitter handle page.

[/b]This night I received one out nine Primary Radar equipment to be procured. This procurement will ensure both willing & unwilling aircraft in our airspace are promptly detected. Safety, security and efficiency has been the focus of Buhari’s aviation since 2015[b]

Ministry of Aviation will as taken take delivery of 2x RPA-200MC mobile 3D primary radars developed by Argentine technology company INVAP, the contract was awarded by UAE based Jampur Group in 202, which includes the training of the personnel who will operate them.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Exnavyboy62: 3:48pm On Apr 07, 2023
bidexiii:
NA MADE SNIPER ARMOURED VEHICLEs

1st pic on display is for the NA and 2nd for NPF

Seriously, Sniper MRAP?? We need to work on our weapons naming skills in Nigeria. That's a weird name to give these beautiful armoured vehicles.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 5:43pm On Apr 07, 2023
Exnavyboy62:

Seriously, Sniper MRAP?? We need to work on our weapons naming skills in Nigeria. That's a weird name to give these beautiful armoured vehicles.

grin grin grin cheesy
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 6:42pm On Apr 07, 2023
Some top BH commander posting with captured assault riffles.

photo credits @zagazola

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by GabrielYulaw(m): 9:24pm On Apr 08, 2023
Exnavyboy62:

It is the front part of the vehicle that concerns me, not the name. Like it looks to have been reinforced for ramming but I am unsure about that.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 7:50am On Apr 09, 2023
GabrielYulaw:

It is the front part of the vehicle that concerns me, not the name. Like it looks to have been reinforced for ramming but I am unsure about that.

Isn't that a good concept for armoured vehicles to have strong/protected front ?

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by GabrielYulaw(m): 3:10pm On Apr 09, 2023
bidexiii:

Isn't that a good concept for armoured vehicles to have strong/protected front ?

I'm saying that I hope the front is reinforced for ramming. But can't be sure of that
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 7:13pm On Apr 09, 2023
GabrielYulaw:

I'm saying that I hope the front is reinforced for ramming. But can't be sure of that

Definitely it should be

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 7:14pm On Apr 09, 2023
#NA
#NE

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 12:01pm On Apr 10, 2023
Terrorists in Mali, Cameroon, Burkina Faso and other weather African state are about to get a bloody Nose..
Already they are feeling the heat, this eyes in the shy is changing the game.

7 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Omofaye99: 4:54pm On Apr 10, 2023
bidexiii:
Terrorists in Mali, Cameroon, Burkina Faso and other weather African state are about to get a bloody Nose..
Already they are feeling the heat, this eyes in the shy is changing the game.

The game is about to change.

And I love it.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 4:25pm On Apr 11, 2023
Rare image of NAF Wing Loong II combat UAV showing its electro/optical pod with day light/infrared cameras and sensors. A missile can also be seen on the Wing Loong II.

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 4:34pm On Apr 11, 2023
TROOPS NEUTRALIZE NOTORIOUS BANDIT LEADER IN KADUNA STATE

Following a tip off from human intelligence source, troops of operation Forest Sanity under 1 Division Nigerian Army has ambushed and neutralised a notorious bandit leader, Isiya Danwasa and his cohort. This was following an Intelligence which revealed that the bandit leader intended to send his errand boy Yunusa to purchase some arms and ammunition in Kaduna town.

Subsequently, the errand boy was trailed and picked up by plain cloth soldiers and later used to lure two of the bandits leaders to a selected ammunition collection point. Upon their arrival, troops who had laid an ambush engaged the criminals with superior firepower and neutralised the two bandit leaders.

Items recovered from the criminal elements include one motorcycle(destroyed institu), two AK 47 rifles, six AK 47 magazines, quantity two hundred and fifty rounds of 7.62 mm special, one power bank, two charm vest and the sum of two hundred thousand naira.

The General Officer Commanding 1 Division Nigerian Army and Force Commander Joint Task Force Operation Whirl Punch Major General Taoreed Lagbaja has commended the troops for their professional conduct and perfect execution of task. He further charged the troops to go after all bandits and show them no mercy. Again, the GOC appealed to the general public to continue to avail the troops and other security agencies with credible and actionable information so as to bring banditry, kidnapping and other crimes to a lasting end.

MUSA YAHAYA
Lieutenant Colonel
Acting Deputy Director Army Public Relations 1 Division Nigerian Army
11 April 2023

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SuperSixSeven: 8:24pm On Apr 11, 2023
The U.S. ambassador to Somalia said the Somali government's military operations against al-Shabab have cost the militants one third of their territory.

Al-Shabab Has Lost Third of its Territory, US Ambassador Says

The U.S. ambassador to Somalia said the Somali government's military operations against al-Shabab have cost the militants one third of their territory.

"Somali-led offensives have restored Somalia's sovereignty to 1/3 of the territory formerly misruled by al-Shabaab," Larry André told VOA Somali in an email. "Ending al-Shabab's oppression is one step further toward Somalia's full revival."

Since January, the United States donated weapons to the Somali national forces to support operations against al-Shabab. The U.S. also trains an elite Somali army unit known as Danab, which means "lightning" and has been leading the offensive against al-Shabab.

The Somali government this week reported that the military operations have inflicted heavy losses on the militant group during the past six months.

In a statement on March 25, Ministry of Information said that 3,000 al-Shabab militants were killed and 3,700 more were injured in the first phase of military operations between August of last year and January. The government also said 70 towns and villages have been liberated from al-Shabab.

Meanwhile, the militant group has claimed that the first phase of military operations by the Somali government and local fighters has failed.

In an interview with al-Shabab-affiliated radio, the militant group's spokesman, Ali Mohamoud Rage, who is also known as Ali Dhere, accused the U.S. of mobilizing forces against the group.

He said the original plan was to eliminate al-Shabab within six months.

"The first phase of the operation concocted by the infidels has turned futile," he said.

Contacted by VOA about the remarks by the al-Shabab spokesman, a senior Somali security official dismissed Ali Dhere's claims.

The "definition of failure has to be revisited if liberating Middle Shabelle, Hiran, South Mudug and parts of Galgadud is a failure," said Kamal Dahir Hassan Gutale, national security adviser to Prime Minister Hamza Abdi Barre.

The "Somali people and their government made possible all those successes reached by our security forces in a very short time," he said.

Gutale said Ali Dhere's claim that the U.S. mobilized the Somali military offensive is baseless.

"He is facing young Somali soldiers who are well-trained, battle-hardened, who took the battle towards the front lines," he said. "Let him face them — they have liberated over 500 KMs from al-Shabab, and still they are after him."

Criticism

Government officials said the second phase of military operations will start during Ramadan. But preparations for the second phase have faced criticism before it officially launches.

Abdullahi Mohamed Ali Sanbalolshe, the former director of the National Intelligence and Security Agency, says preparations for the second offensive focus more on the role of the government and less on the participation of local fighters who have been integral to the relative success of the first phase.

Sanbalolshe told VOA the local fighters have a low awareness about the new offensive. He alleges that the government is lowering the importance of the clans, locals and states.

"All Somalis were interested and were part of the first one [offensive] – the members of the parliament, clan elders, business community, the civil society, the diaspora," he said.

"The participation of the clans [in the 2nd offensive] is low; it appears it's confined to the government," he said.
FILE - Armed al-Shabab fighters ride on pickup trucks as they prepare to travel into the city, just outside the capital Mogadishu, in Somalia on Dec. 8, 2008.

Defense Minister Abdulkadir Mohamed Nur has rejected the criticism that the government is not valuing the role of the locals.

"This fight belongs to the Somali people, and it is true that the successes were achieved with the collaboration of the people," he said.

"Every area that is going to be liberated, its people will be consulted with and informed."

Nur said most of the locals do not need the government to inform them about military offensives because they approach and ask for support.

Mohamed Abdurahman contributed to this report.

https://www.voanews.com/a/al-shabab-has-lost-third-of-its-territory-us-ambassador-says/7026624.html

Somalia's offensive against Al-Shabaab (August 2022-ongoing) situation in April 2023

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 5:38pm On Apr 12, 2023
@NAF Mi-34M PILOT

5 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 5:39pm On Apr 12, 2023
DHQ-SOF

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 5:40pm On Apr 12, 2023
NA SOF

8 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 8:13pm On Apr 13, 2023
Troops intercept large quantity of ammunition supplied to bandits in Birnin Gwari

In another significant breakthrough, troops of Operation Forest Sanity have intercepted a large quantity of ammunition being conveyed to bandits by a courier around Polewire in Birnin Gwari LGA.

According to a report forwarded to the Kaduna State Government, the troops followed up on credible intelligence around gunrunning activities, and in the course of diligent checks stopped a suspicious-looking vehicle within the location of interest.

A search of the intercepted vehicle - a black Toyota Corolla - revealed more than 2,000 rounds of various grades of ammunition, concealed in different parts of the car.

After a thorough search of the vehicle, the following precise quantities were recovered:

- 1,079 rounds of 7.62mm special ammunition
- 886 rounds of 7.62mm belted ammunition
- 139 rounds of 7.62mm tracer ammunition

Five empty AK-47 magazines were also recovered.

The driver of the vehicle, one Aminu Abdullahi, is in custody for further investigation.

Governor Nasir El-Rufai noted the report with satisfaction, and thanked the troops for their proactiveness in denying bandits a major supply of ammunition meant to mete out more destruction and suffering.

The Governor warmly appreciated the leadership of the General Officer Commanding, One Division, Major General T.A. Lagbaja, for the latest notable breakthrough recorded.

Governor El-Rufai charged the security forces to proceed with a thorough investigation of the arrested suspect, and intensify efforts towards dismantling gunrunning networks across the State and beyond.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by ClearDway4me: 9:34pm On Apr 13, 2023
@bidexii and every contributor on this thread,

Please I want to ask if its possible to undergo IT/siwes with the Nigeria air force. I plan to join when I graduate, what skills or training can I acquire to boost my chances.
I'm an engineering student.

Thanks
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 10:56am On Apr 16, 2023
ClearDway4me:
@bidexii and every contributor on this thread,

Please I want to ask if its possible to undergo IT/siwes with the Nigeria air force. I plan to join when I graduate, what skills or training can I acquire to boost my chances.
I'm an engineering student.

Thanks

It's possible and yet difficult.
Depending on your field and how well you're connected
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 10:57am On Apr 16, 2023
#NAF SOF
#PANTHERS

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2151) (2152) (2153) (2154) (2155) (2156) (2157) ... (2201) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: Floky215

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.