Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,163 members, 7,860,170 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 07:15 AM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (449) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3072591 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (446) (447) (448) (449) (450) (451) (452) ... (2203) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 6:43am On Feb 11, 2018
The Egyptian Ministry of the interior call its forces in the streets of the republic in conjunction with the military operation

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 6:47am On Feb 11, 2018
Operation # Sinai _ 2018: footage published by the ministry of defense at the moment of armed fighter f-16 Egyptian Bombs (Mark 82) Mark 82.. which are general-purpose bombs, free of guidance and enjoy their design The flow that gives it high accuracy compared to the bombs is free of the other direction and weighs a single bomb 227 kg and the bomb can be converted to a slightly intelligent bomb by installing a laser guidance package to be named GBU-12 / II, which works for our air force in arming the f-16 fleet.
The fighters also appear to be armed with sidewinder missiles (AIM-9 SIDEWINDER), an American-made air-to-Air Missile, which is considered to be a short-term missile for the Egyptian Air Force, where a fleet of 16 fighters relies on Egyptian

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 7:25am On Feb 11, 2018
TROOPS CRUSH FLEEING BOKO HARAM TERRORISTS IN GONIRI, YOBE STATE

As a result of the ongoing clearance operations through Operation DEEP PUNCH II in Operation LAFIYA DOLE, some desperate Boko Haram terrorists attempting to escape the theatre through one of the formidable blocking positions in Goniri, Gujba Local Government Area of Yobe State, had been severely dealt with on Friday 9th February 2018.

The terrorists in attempt to penetrate through the troops lying in wait were mercilessly trashed. The troops destroyed their Vehicle-borne Improvised Explosive Devices (IED), neutralized quite a number and wounded several other escaping Boko Haram terrorists. Similarly, they recovered an Anti-aircraft gun with long belt of ammunitions, an AK-47 Rifle and other items.

Immediately the terrorists encountered the troops around 6:20pm, they adopted rapid firing, while the troops responded with maximum volume of fire. The troops' tank tactically flanked and crushed the IED laden vehicle of the terrorists.

The response was very efficient as only 2 soldiers sustained minor injuries.
The two brave soldiers are currently receiving treatment in the Brigade Field Ambulance.
Preliminary investigation reveals that some unscrupulous Boko Haram terrorists informants might have hinted the terrorist group that the troops had moved along with their equipment out of the blocking position the previous day, hoping that penetration through the area would have been easy. Disappointedly, they met gallant troops who proved too impenetrable, frustrated their effort and cleared their doubt.

It should be noted that having been forced out of their hideouts due to the ongoing Operation DEEP PUNCH II, the remnants of the Boko Haram terrorists have resorted to marauding around isolated communities and fleeing the theatre. Nevertheless, the troops
have remained resilient and on maximum alert, full of high morale.

Please disseminate this information to the general public through your medium.

Thank you for your usual cooperation.

Major Nureni Alimi
Assistant Director Army Public Relations
27 Task Force Brigade

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 7:31am On Feb 11, 2018
Operation #Sinai _ 2018 | Quick Tip: a featured shot published by the Egyptian Ministry of defense from inside an early warning aircraft and airborne control (Aew & C) only wax of Hawk 2000

It is an American-made early warning aircraft that we possess with 8 aircraft.. Aircraft equipped with an an-145 / APS-145 radar capable of tracking 2000 land, sea and air targets at once and reporting. The Maximum range is 640 km and can detect jets from up to 550 km and provide full detection capability at a 360-Degree Angle and aircraft capable of flying 4 and a half hours.

The plane's radar is immune to jamming, and it's capable of covering 25 million km 3 in the one -

- the aircraft has been tasked with an exploratory reconnaissance of early warning and monitoring of the atmosphere day and night

- early warning aircraft carry out a range of tasks that have direct impact on operations and thus increase the fighting potential of troops and include the functions of early warning / not aircraft:

(1) the detection of hostile aircraft at all altitudes from long distances, the warning of troops from them and their supply with continuous information, including the range, direction, line, speed and altitude, as well as the use of not aircraft to know the type of She was doing radiation by identifying the properties of electronic devices on a hostile aircraft and comparing them to the data available at the threats threat library.

2) contact air bases, air-Interceptor fighters, command of air intercept operations from beginning to end, distribution of targets, direction of fighters and warning of hostile aircraft approaching.

3) control of fighter air patrol aircraft:

The Air Patrol is a number of interceptor fighters flying in a particular area, selected after a thorough study, and these fighters carry out patrol work, with a view to intercepting hostile aircraft, which is the highest level of combat readiness for the air defence killer.

4) Department of bombings joe _ land special against hostile air defense sites

5) work as a focal point between ground guidance centres and auxiliary aircraft

6) contributing to rescue operations

7) Discovery of marine pieces in seas and oceans

cool Assessment of aerial bombardment results

9) Air traffic organization

10) the ewoks can conduct reconnaissance patrols to the theatre of operations.

11) active participation in air embargoes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 7:32am On Feb 11, 2018
Operation #Sinai _ 2018: footage published by the ministry of defence at the moment of the armed forces of the Egyptian F-16 s with with-87 / B General-purpose cluster.. the one bomb contains a number of Blu-97 / b each weighs 1.5 kg and total weight of the bomb 430 kg

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 8:09am On Feb 11, 2018
jakeporeshenko:
NAF repelling course

More

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 10:23am On Feb 11, 2018
Boko Haram: “I am tired of this calamity,” Shekau says in new video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CF3bMAYUWvY
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 10:24am On Feb 11, 2018
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 10:26am On Feb 11, 2018
Christmas in the Combat Zone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QooOF7tdC6w

guys watch these video

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Sizzorkay: 2:50pm On Feb 11, 2018
They really need to give the police more resources, I mean, seriously? And no only that, the idea of transferring cops out of their states into others should stop, cops should serve in their own communities.
Initiate community policing. ugh. So many of these cops sit in their stations all day without actually patrolling , that's not how you secure communities.
Forge intelligence networks with the locals as well, so many things these guys are doing wrong. It's tiring, soldiers shouldn't be deployed for this, it's something the police can easily handle, if well resourced .

bidexiii:
HERDSMEN ATTACK

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RO60OxinMB0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QoLWKoMSObk

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by patches689: 4:41pm On Feb 11, 2018
Sizzorkay:
They really need to give the police more resources, I mean, seriously? And no only that, the idea of transferring cops out of their states into others should stop, cops should serve in their own communities.
Initiate community policing. ugh. So many of these cops sit in their stations all day without actually patrolling , that's not how you secure communities.
Forge intelligence networks with the locals as well, so many things these guys are doing wrong. It's tiring, soldiers shouldn't be deployed for this, it's something the police can easily handle, if well resourced .

Isnt this what your MOPOL is for?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by tdayof(m): 5:54pm On Feb 11, 2018
Sizzorkay:

The issues with the Nigerian police is that most of these guys are out there with training they got from PTS. They need to be retrained on some regular basis.

The Nigerian police has been on defensive position on this herdsmen issues. MOPOL were being deployed to Benue but imagine a group of 6 Mopol officers staying in a community and then come under herdsmen fire.

The tactics should be changed. Go on offensive which is what the Nigerian army has been doing and we're seeing positive reports. Find these guys into their own territory and attack them.

Another issue is the MOPOL is divided into different units. They're all tactical teams but some of them are for quick response. Have you seen the guys with the red /Black vehicles? You can see them whenever the president is around or in the presence of senior officers convoy. Those ones are more equipped and well trained. It's something like the CTU. Discipline is strictly enforced and well monitored by the 2IC.

When it comes to INTEL, the Nigerian police is good but problem comes since some units are directly under the IGP. This slows work down.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by tdayof(m): 6:06pm On Feb 11, 2018
patches689:

Isnt this what your MOPOL is for?

The conventional officers are responsible for community policing.

Intel goes to D Dept which also includes conventional officers who are specially trained. That's where SARS, FCID IRT etc fall into. They're squad drawn from the conventional police divisions. Such as skynet.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 6:55pm On Feb 11, 2018
Ivory Coast

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 6:56pm On Feb 11, 2018
Rwanda peacekeeping deployments

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 6:58pm On Feb 11, 2018
Random

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by newafricaken254: 8:03pm On Feb 11, 2018
uganda

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by tdayof(m): 8:30pm On Feb 11, 2018
jakeporeshenko:
Random

First picture. I almost took it for some foreign military operating in Africa till I saw others and noticed the beryl.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 8:53pm On Feb 11, 2018
tdayof:

First picture. I almost took it for some foreign military operating in Africa till I saw others and noticed the beryl.
I hope DICON starts manufacturing them soon.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Xbee007(m): 9:03pm On Feb 11, 2018
jakeporeshenko:
Random
Kit: 9/10
Weapon: 10/10
Transport Vehicle: -5/10. They should, as a matter of urgency, stop using soft skinned Toyota hiluxes. sad

If we can lavish $593 dollars on Super Tucano in less than one month, we should be able to place order for 50-100 IFV through Proforce

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 9:14pm On Feb 11, 2018
Do we have an application for these QLU-11 “sniper grenade launchers”?

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 9:19pm On Feb 11, 2018
Xbee007:

Kit: 9/10
Weapon: 10/10
Transport Vehicle: -5/10. They should, as a matter of urgency, stop using soft skinned Toyota hiluxes. sad

If we can lavish $593 dollars on Super Tucano in less than one month, we should be able to place order for 50-100 IFV through Proforce
I don’t think special forces need IFVs, there’s this new breed of very capable Light armored vehicles like the Turkish Ejder yalcin.

they also need mortars, improved night fighting capabilities, portable UAVs and reliable close air support either from NAF or NA air wing (whenever they decide to come online).

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 9:21pm On Feb 11, 2018
jakeporeshenko:
Ivory Coast

The insgma on the super puma is France airforce right.......
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Xbee007(m): 9:23pm On Feb 11, 2018
jakeporeshenko:

I don’t think special forces need IFVs, there’s this new breed of very capable Light armored vehicles like the Turkish Ejder yalcin.

they also need mortars, improved night fighting capabilities, portable UAVs and reliable close air support either from NAF or NA air wing (whenever they decide to come online).
Are APCs not classified as IFVs
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 9:24pm On Feb 11, 2018
tdayof:

grin grin shocked
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 9:29pm On Feb 11, 2018
Xbee007:

Capital NO.

IFV gives infantry more protection against heavy weaponry and provides punching firepower support.

On the other hand the APC does not provide protection and fire power much needed during combat
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 9:36pm On Feb 11, 2018
Xbee007:

These are IFVs

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Xbee007(m): 9:39pm On Feb 11, 2018
jakeporeshenko:

These are IFVs
I actually did a Google search but then I saw this.

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 9:40pm On Feb 11, 2018
bidexiii:

The insgma on the super puma is France airforce right.......
I think it’s an ex-French super puma, you know these our francophone cousins and their French “heritage” > grin it reminds me of Sudanese people and their unstoppable willingness to be identified as Arab...
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 9:42pm On Feb 11, 2018
Xbee007:

I actually did a Google search but then I saw this.
I don’t know what you typed in google, but when I searched “IFV” this is the result I got

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by tdayof(m): 10:30pm On Feb 11, 2018
shocked

Them no born any police /SARS well to intimidate their pikin. grin

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 10:09am On Feb 12, 2018
Footage publish by MOD show E-2C Hawk2000 Early warning aircraft during participation in the largest counter-terror op " #Sinai 2018" .

(1) (2) (3) ... (446) (447) (448) (449) (450) (451) (452) ... (2203) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.