Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,763 members, 7,820,654 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:53 PM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (619) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3032509 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (616) (617) (618) (619) (620) (621) (622) ... (2201) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 3:07pm On Jul 26, 2018
Nigeria’s security chiefs, governors siphone N241billion annually, says Transparency International

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/nigeria-s-security-chiefs-governors-siphone-n241billion-annually-says-transparency-international-262664.html
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 3:12pm On Jul 26, 2018
Police repel attack on Zamfara communities, arrest son of notorious ‘Buharin – Daji’

http://thenewsnigeria.com.ng/2018/07/police-repel-attack-on-zamfara-communities-arrest-son-of-notorious-buharin-daji/
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 3:13pm On Jul 26, 2018
#EA
#SINAI

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 3:21pm On Jul 26, 2018
#Libya- MiG-23 out of #Misrata airbase in pre-flight before reminiscence sortie over Mediterranean sea

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 3:23pm On Jul 26, 2018
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 3:25pm On Jul 26, 2018
#NA SNIPER

5 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 4:52pm On Jul 26, 2018
iblawi:

Please, what of the the Indonesian LPD? I actually love that one sha.
we have to wait for clues, like a high ranking visit of naval officers to Indonesia, PT pal is very active on social media and they post daily so fingers crossed.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by allexpensive: 5:02pm On Jul 26, 2018
jakeporeshenko:

Are you with the army or Air Force ?
When you said armored hilux I immediately thought about proforce.

Air Force. Proforce yes.

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by allexpensive: 5:05pm On Jul 26, 2018
bidexiii:

Have you been ambushed ambushed in the night; that's totally another different scenario..
Night ambush. It is easy to detect the incoming fire direction at night. So what I do is get on the radio, the convoy knows what I need them to do already. Put the vehicle on reverse with the gunners loading fire power on the terrorist position. Many things come into play here such as the nature of the ambush, if you've taken casualty, is any car disabled etc.

We all look up to God to fight us through it.

7 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by allexpensive: 5:07pm On Jul 26, 2018
krattoss:
sir, how bout capturing few alive, torture them till they give out sensitive info and snitch on their ops, location, targets and wherebouts.

Then make them watch their selves die slowly angry
Amnesty international is reading grin

We do capture injured bokoharam. The terrorist know this and they try running with their fellow jihadist. When this is not possible, they execute them at close range themselves.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by allexpensive: 5:08pm On Jul 26, 2018
Thank You all.

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by lebuhsi(m): 5:40pm On Jul 26, 2018
allexpensive:
Thank You all.
what are you thanking us for??!...I think we should be the ones thanking you!....or are about to disappear!
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 6:16pm On Jul 26, 2018
allexpensive:

Night ambush. It is easy to detect the incoming fire direction at night. So what I do is get on the radio, the convoy knows what I need them to do already. Put the vehicle on reverse with the gunners loading fire power on the terrorist position. Many things come into play here such as the nature of the ambush, if you've taken casualty, is any car disabled etc.

We all look up to God to fight us through it.

The only advantage I see in night ambush is you can easily detect and trace where the enemy fire is coming from.

It will be more worsen if one of your convoys hits an IED and you have casualties, then after the ambush proceeds....
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 6:23pm On Jul 26, 2018
bidexiii:
Photos from the Graduation Ceremony of Senior Course 40 of the Armed Forces Command and Staff College in Jaji, Kaduna, attended by President @MBuhari , accompanied by Governor Nasir Ahmad @elrufai

More

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 6:36pm On Jul 26, 2018
CDS URGES MILITARY PERSONNEL TO KEEP FIT

Facilities for Defence Headquarters (DHQ) physical training and fitness have received a boost with the renovation of a volleyball court and football pitch by the Chief of Defence Staff (CDS), Gen Abayomi Gabriel Olonisakin.

The facilities which are located at the Mogadishu Cantonment Asokoro, Abuja were in bad condition which hampered their usefulness for the physical training of the personnel.

Commissioning the facilities on Wednesday, Chief of Defence Training and Operation, Major Gen Ahmed Mohammed who represented the CDS at the monthly sports event of the DHQ noted that sports remain an important tool in maintaining a healthy body.

He reminded personnel to always keep fit in order to withstand the rigours of military operations and also urged them to make good use of the facility for their benefit.

Highlight of the event were novelty football and volleyball matches between DHQ teams.

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Tochex101(m): 7:00pm On Jul 26, 2018
lebuhsi:

what are you thanking us for??!...I think we should be the ones thank you!....or are about to disappear!
Ask him oh, he better not try it...... angry
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 7:43pm On Jul 26, 2018
#NA

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 7:54pm On Jul 26, 2018
bidexiii:

The only advantage I see in night ambush is you can easily detect and trace where the enemy fire is coming from.

So will the enemy

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by allexpensive: 8:34pm On Jul 26, 2018
lebuhsi:

what are you thanking us for??!...I think we should be the ones thank you!....or are about to disappear!
Haha no. I have been told of my presence here on social media. They are okay with it but I'm limited to posts alone. I still wish I can attach pictures.

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 8:38pm On Jul 26, 2018
nemesis8u:

So will the enemy

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 9:05pm On Jul 26, 2018
bidexiii:
Air Force secures NUC approval for university

Read more: https://www.naija.ng/1182669-air-force-secures-nuc-approval-university.html#1182669
Is this what we need right now?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by allexpensive: 9:29pm On Jul 26, 2018
nemesis8u:

So will the enemy
Yes, reason why I used the word suppressive fire. At that moment, it's about fighting off the ambush and living to see the next minutes.

ISR may be called in.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 10:17pm On Jul 26, 2018
Yesterday vanguard quoted the chief of Air staff as saying we are expecting aircrafts from the US any moment from now, surely he’s not referring to A29s expected to find in 2020-22.

Maybe they procured more alpha jets undecided

“He added that “apart from the 18 new aircraft, the Federal Government also reactivated the 13 old ones that were not working before.

We are also expecting new ones from the United States anytime from this moment.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2018/07/fg-bought-18-new-aircraft-in-3-years-chief-of-air-staff/amp/

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 10:26pm On Jul 26, 2018
jakeporeshenko:
Yesterday vanguard quoted the chief of Air staff as saying we are expecting aircrafts from the US any moment from now, surely he’s not referring to A29s expected to find in 2020-22.

Maybe they procured more alpha jets undecided

“He added that “apart from the 18 new aircraft, the Federal Government also reactivated the 13 old ones that were not working before.

We are also expecting new ones from the United States anytime from this moment.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2018/07/fg-bought-18-new-aircraft-in-3-years-chief-of-air-staff/amp/

It might be transport aircraft; don't forget that they donated some C-130 Hercules transport aircraft to Ethiopia
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 10:30pm On Jul 26, 2018
bidexiii:

It might be transport aircraft; don't forget that they donated some C-130 Hercules transport aircraft to Ethiopia

True I didn’t think about that or helicopters maybe trump didn’t make an error during that press briefing with PMB.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by joshingjosh(m): 11:10pm On Jul 26, 2018
allexpensive:

Haha no. I have been told of my presence here on social media. They are okay with it but I'm limited to posts alone. I still wish I can attach pictures.

Sir That means they are also viewing this thread....let me use this opportunity to suggest that if we manufacturing our Frontline vehicles in the country with the combination of innoson producing the body and proforce adding amour to it, I believe it will serve us better than buying those light skinned Toyota death trap for people that are sacrificing their today for our tomorrow..

The moment we decided to stop thinking of ourselves and putting everyone into consideration by providing
1) Amoured vehicles like explained above to cut cost and promote indigienous production
2) Ballastic bullet proof vest
3) A much more better than gun than the issued rusted Ak 47.....and others, the soldiers will be encouraged the more to go the extra mile.....

Just a concerned Nigerian

6 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by joshingjosh(m): 11:21pm On Jul 26, 2018
Someone was saying something about navy uploading their documentary on box office it so...is there any info on that @bidex...or anyone

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SternProphet: 6:04am On Jul 27, 2018
jakeporeshenko:

True I didn’t think about that or helicopters maybe trump didn’t make an error during that press briefing with PMB.

Either of Alpha Jets, Bell Helicopters or AH1(W) or (Z) helicopters.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 7:30am On Jul 27, 2018
Suspected Boko Haram fighters reportedly attack Jakana town in Borno state Read more:

https://www.naija.ng/1182818-suspected-boko-haram-fighters-reportedly-attack-jakana-town-borno-state.html#1182818
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 7:32am On Jul 27, 2018
joshingjosh:
Someone was saying something about navy uploading their documentary on box office it so...is there any info on that @bidex...or anyone

I guess they are not done with the video; it's not on any of there social media platforms.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 10:08pm On Jul 27, 2018
NIGERIAN AIR FORCE OFFICER BREAKS OVER 20 YEARS RECORD AT ARMED FORCES COMMAND AND STAFF COLLEGE, EMERGES TOPS DURING COURSE

A Nigerian Air Force (NAF) officer, Squadron Leader Fredrick Oyenusi, has won the prestigious “Tie of Merit”, which is only awarded to a distinguished student of the Armed Forces Command and Staff College (AFCSC), Jaji, who obtains a ‘B’ grade. Squadron Leader Oyenusi’s feat, which had not been recorded for over 20 years, was recognized during the graduation ceremony of Senior Staff Course 40, which took place at AFCSC Jaji yesterday, 26 July 2018. Squadron Leader Oyenusi also won 4 additional awards namely the Best in Tri-Service Terms, Best Commandant’s Paper, Best Director’s Paper in the Directorate of Air Warfare (DAW) and the First in order of Merit in DAW. The senior NAF officer, who is a C-130H aircraft pilot, holds 2 Masters degrees; one in Aerospace Vehicle Design and the other in Safety Engineering, both from 2 different universities in the United Kingdom, namely Cranfield University and University of Aberdeen respectively. It is equally worthy of note that, in order of merit, 5 NAF officers were in the top 6 positions, ahead of their Army and Naval counterparts, at the end of the course. In addition to Squadron Leader Oyenusi, who came first, Squadron Leaders Austin Idoko, Hakeem Sarki and Chinedu Mbam occupied the second, third and fourth positions overall while Squadron Leader Fulus Kaze emerged sixth overall.

AFCSC is a Joint Service institution established to produce operational-level military officers of the highest professional standard as well as to ensure standardization of Staff Duties in the Nigerian Armed Forces. The Senior Staff Course, in particular, is aimed at preparing selected officers of the rank of major and equivalent in the armed forces for higher responsibilities both in staff and command appointments. President Muhammadu Buhari, who was the Special Guest of Honour at the Graduation Ceremony, restated the Federal Government’s commitment to prioritize the training of Armed Forces personnel, noting that they remained the bastion of national unity. He also congratulated the graduating students and charged them to apply the knowledge they had acquired to make honest and useful contributions to national development.

Earlier in his remarks, the Commandant AFCSC, Air Vice Marshal Lawal Alao, mentioned that the graduands of Senior Course 40 comprised 182 officers from the Nigerian Armed Forces, relevant Federal Government institutions and 11 sister African countries. Also present at the ceremony were the Executive Governor of Kaduna State, Honourable Ministers for Defence, Honourable Minister of Interior as well as that of Budget and Planning, Service Chiefs, Inspector General of Police, senior serving and retired military officers and other dignitaries.

The Chief of the Air Staff (CAS), Air Marshal Sadique Abubakar, speaking after the event, stated that he was very delighted with the performance of NAF officers on the course. He added that he was especially pleased with Squadron Leader Oyenusi’s record-breaking achievement, which reflected the 3 core values of the NAF namely “Integrity first, Service before self and Excellence in all we do’’. The CAS then promised that the current leadership of the NAF would sustain efforts at human capacity building as tangible dividends were being yielded for enhanced professional performance.

Governor Nasir El-Rufai of Kaduna State donated a plot of land to the NAF senior officer and also conferred the honorary citizenship of Kaduna on him, in recognition of his excellent performance.

OLATOKUNBO ADESANYA
Air Vice Marshal
Director of Public Relations and Information
Nigerian Air Force

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 10:11pm On Jul 27, 2018
PRESS RELEASE

NIGERIAN ARMY REDEPLOYS SENIOR OFFICERS

1. The Nigerian Army has announced a major redeployment of senior officers in Command, Staff and other appointments. The posting affected Principal Staff Officers both at the Defence and Army Headquarters as well as General Officers Commanding (GOCs). The Theatre Commander Operation LAFIYA DOLE, Force Commander Multinational Joint Task Force are also affected by the posting.

2. The posting which also re-organized Operation LAFIYA DOLE was aimed at injecting new hands to further actualize the vision of the Chief of Army Staff COAS), Lieutenant General Tukur Yusufu Buratai.

3. Those affected in the redeployment include Maj Gen AM Dikko who will take over as Theatre Commander of Operation LAFIYA DOLE, Brig Gen AO Abdullahi as Acting Commander Sector 2, Operation LAFIYA DOLE and Brig Gen UU Bassey as Acting Commander Sector 3, Operation LAFIYA DOLE. Others are, Maj Gen CO Ude posted as Force Commander Multinational Joint Task Force Ndjamena, Maj Gen J Sarham as General Officer Commanding 6 Division, Maj Gen EB Kabuk General Officer Commanding 82 Division, Maj Gen MS Yusuf General Officer Commanding 81 Division and Maj Gen BA Akinroluyo as General Officer Commanding 3 Division.

4. Among the Principal Staff Officers affected are Maj Gen LEO Irabor posted as Chief of Defence Training and Operations in the Defence Headquarters while Maj Gen LO Adeosun takes over as Chief of Training and Operations at the Army Headquarters. Others are Maj Gen HO Otiki, as Commander Infantry Corps and Maj Gen CU Agulanna as Chief of Accounts and Budget Nigerian Army. Maj Gen JE Jakko is posted to Defence Headquarters as Chief of Defence Finance and Budget, Maj Gen AB Abubakar, Maj Gen A Mohammed and Maj Gen LKJ Ogunewe, among others will be proceeding to the Nigerian Army Resource Centre on Course. All postings and appointments take effect from 1 August 2018.

5. You are please requested to disseminate this information to the general public through your reputable medium.

6.. Thank you for your kind support and cooperation.

TEXAS CHUKWU
Brigadier General
Director Army Public Relations

(1) (2) (3) ... (616) (617) (618) (619) (620) (621) (622) ... (2201) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.