Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,405 members, 7,853,791 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 01:10 AM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (646) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3067327 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (643) (644) (645) (646) (647) (648) (649) ... (2203) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 8:00am On Aug 18, 2018
krattoss:
do not underate the power of black magic. I have experienced many first hand..
Do not argue what u know little about.
I have seen bad boys(cultists) exchange live bullets among themselves, which were inpenitrateable.

Seen Sars and bad boys exchange live bullets..

But those voodoo do fail sometimes, Cos their levels to every shiits..

I don't believe in all these voodoo stuffs .

I know a seargent femi by name from Ogbomoso, he believes in charms a lot and his not ashame always boasting and confident of them.

He was lucky when a bullet grazed deep into is left leg during an attack in Kekeno, very close to Niger Republic. The last time I saw him was in Borno - Park with a crush-stick.

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Sizzorkay: 8:03am On Aug 18, 2018
You are comparing two issues with different reality.
The US troops died on foreign soil, so yea, it will be investigated, we are fighting a war in our own country, how many countries carry out thorough investigations when fighting wars in on their own land? It's largely a waste of time, it's called war, and soldiers will die, all they can do is learn from whatever mistake was made and move on.
Soldiers are expendable, whether people wanna hear it or not, i don't think they are, i meant those at the top.
If leaders of today have their own kids on the front lines, you will see we won't have that many wars lol, who wanna lose their kid. But other people's kids? why not. I'm sure Nigerian lawmakers and the President wouldn't send their kids out there in a war zone in a light skin pickup truck.
So that's the reality.
And as for the US investigations, if you rarely have soldiers die in such situation, then investigating what went wrong is not new, but if you are engaged in a bloody war? Please, they don't investigate sheet. Imagine US and Russia fighting a war against one another ( Hypothetical), is America going to investigate the death of over 80,000 potential deaths of their troops? With what resources? But it's only 4, so yea, nothing new there.
Doesn't mean we can't do better, we surely can.

komekn:

Please please and please forgive me, I AM BEWILDERED beyond reason.

We have decided too buy $500 million dollars worth of over priced and over stated turbo prop planes. That will not be ready until 2020.

Meanwhile we are going around like a militia in soft skinned pick up trucks. Does that make any sense.

I know that we will be procuring pick up trucks for about $40k+.

Why do you think our casualty rate is so high Then look at the number of officers who we have lost.

Where is the over sight function of the NAS to review, query and even indict, or are they devoid of capacity and knowledge to appraise the situation. How can people be corrupt knowing that the direct consequence is lives are lost.

It is Treason.

Were do we loose most of our combatants in ambushes and attacks on supposed fortified army forward bases.

The USA lost 4 NCO they were 4 S.sargeants and they issue went all the way too the top. Look at the depth of investigation and reprimand over the loss of just 4 soldiers. Below is a YouTube clip of the investigation that has been made largely public. There is a full one hour video with 4 star general explaining the issues.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFmN-1N0SWg

First issue for the US was the vehicles they were using if they had thier normal oshkosh JLTV. It would have been a different story. Irrespective of the other operational failings.

Look at what happened a few weeks ago in the NE what we are saying. From the positioning of the smoldering vehicles all soft skinned the camp lay out and defences. It's quite obvious what happened.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 8:04am On Aug 18, 2018
#AFSF GUYS

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 8:21am On Aug 18, 2018
bidexiii:
#AFSF GUYS
O boy look at that Beryl in the last picture kiss kiss kiss very tacti-cool.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 8:49am On Aug 18, 2018
bidexiii:

I don't believe in all these voodoo stuffs .

I know a seargent femi by name from Ogbomoso, he believes in charms a lot and his not ashame always boasting and confident of them.

He was lucky when a bullet grazed deep into is left leg during an attack in Kekeno, very close to Niger Republic. The last time I saw him was in Borno - Park with a crush-stick.
I didn't believe it neither till I witnessed it firsthand.
Mind u, everything get levels.. Even human beings

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 8:50am On Aug 18, 2018
bidexiii:
#AFSF GUYS
allexpensive, ur cover is blown.... grin grin grin tongue tongue tongue
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by allexpensive: 9:11am On Aug 18, 2018
krattoss:
No boss, I haven't seen my picture anywhere on this forum yet.

I haven't looked too far in the pictures before I joined this forum if my picture has been posted before but I haven't seen any since I joined.

Hint - SQL
NEW pictures showing me rank should be - WC.

I will most likely be on a black shirt with vest on and a camo trouser in any picture.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 9:14am On Aug 18, 2018
allexpensive:

I haven't looked too far in the pictures before I joined this forum if my picture has been posted before but I haven't seen any since I joined.

Hint - SQL

I will most likely be on a black shirt with vest on and a camo trouser in any picture.
hahahahaha.. I will like to get a grip of u...

U never know who might wanna show some love?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 9:19am On Aug 18, 2018
krattoss:
I didn't believe it neither till I witnessed it firsthand.
Mind u, everything get levels.. Even human beings

I have seen it bro but I had a second tought about it when it failed against AA rounds.....

Recommend me a charm that would work against AA rounds and I will believe in them. A lot of soldiers are dying in the N.E and most of them are into real charms.

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 9:20am On Aug 18, 2018
krattoss:

Seriously........ grin grin grin grin
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 9:23am On Aug 18, 2018
bidexiii:

I have seen it bro but I had a second tought about it when it failed against AA rounds.....

Recommend me a charm that would work against AA rounds and I will believe in them. A lot of soldiers are dying in the N.E and most of them are into real charms.
anti aircraft bro shocked

Bro fia God small naa grin

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by komekn(m): 9:35am On Aug 18, 2018
Odunayaw:
In the military especially Land components, its hard to just wave an equipment as "old" or "obsolete"

Our Scorpions have been refurbished a few times & The Brits do not determine what is old or not

The Scorpion was one of the first vehicles I was introduced too and drove in. That was donkey years ago.

Things have moved on so much that for most western countries they are classed as obsolete.

However, in that is an advantage.

Three are so many armoured platforms classed as obsolete that can be picked up for literal peanuts and I mean peanuts. In some regards with good diplomacy for nothing as a friendly nation.

That there is no reason we should be driving around in soft skinned pick up trucks, WHAT SO EVER.

Add to that when I look at the cost of a Toyota gun truck and a used APC multiple options and origins. I am BEWILDERED is there no Ingenuity in our procurement and best value. There are armoured platforms that atwe over 25 years old but with barely 5000 miles.

So what are out guys doing looking for DEALS

You can pick up a BTR 60 for $5k bulk buy they are not great but better than hilux.

I see expensively trained AFSF combatants in the back of a pick up.

It's like after training to be a formala one driver yoi are given a 504 to drive.

So don't get the wrong end of the stick, this is positive constructive criticism.

I have often thought of procuring and donating to units in the NA but discovered from enquiries. That the powers that be were opposed to the idea. I wonder why

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 9:36am On Aug 18, 2018
krattoss:
anti aircraft bro shocked

Bro fia God small naa grin

grin grin grin
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 9:37am On Aug 18, 2018
komekn:

The Scorpion was one of the first vehicles I was introduced too and drove in. That was donkey years ago.

Things have moved on so much that for most western countries they are classed as obsolete.

Three are so many armoured platforms classed as obsolete that can be picked up for literal peanuts and I mean peanuts. In some regards with good diplomacy for nothing as a friendly nation.

That there is no reason we should be driving around in soft skinned pick up trucks, WHAT SO EVER.

Add to that when I look at the cost of a Toyota gun truck and a used APC multiple options and origins. I am BEWILDERED is there no Ingenuity in our procurement and best value. There are armoured platforms that atwe over 25 years old but with barely 5000 miles.

You can pick up a BTR 60 for $5k bulk buy they are not great but better than hilux.

It's like after training to be a formala one driver yoi are given a 504 to drive.

So don't get the wrong end of the stick, this is positive constructive criticism.

I have often thought of procuring and donating to units in the NA but discovered from enquiries. That the powers that be were opposed to the idea. I wonder why

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 9:40am On Aug 18, 2018
bidexiii:

Bros are you kidding me right now grin grin grin

Lord Lugard and his men captured our forefathers with just a dane gun. Our forefathers with all their "powerful charms" just dane guns did the job.

Now you want us to stand in front of AA guns with the same charms... cheesy cheesy cheesy

Pls sir put ur right hand on ur chest and repeat after me : " Ayam WICKED "

8 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by iblawi(m): 12:44pm On Aug 18, 2018
[img][/img]
abiodunalasa:

Bros are you kidding me right now grin grin grin

Lord Lugard and his men captured our forefathers with just a dane gun. Our forefathers with all their "powerful charms" just dane guns did the job.

Now you want us to stand in front of AA guns with the same charms... cheesy cheesy cheesy

Pls sir put ur right hand on ur chest and repeat after me : " Ayam WICKED "

Lol
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by iblawi(m): 12:45pm On Aug 18, 2018
komekn:

Lol

See bad mouth

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Litmus: 4:47pm On Aug 18, 2018
Reading some of the latest entries on this thread, one may be forgiven for considering whether belief in black magic plays a significant role in the unacceptable losses of NA soldiers lives in the North East. Heck, it may account for why Nigeria army appears reluctant to do as Beegeagle cries hoarse daily or even as the likes of komekn suggests. Instead of your Sukhois, Mikoyan and Scorpions waste of money, Military brass probably expects Nigeria soldiers to fly over massed Bokoharam terrorists on broomsticks ,lobbing charmed hand-sized candle-lit pumpkins in addition to warding off bullets in their charmed soft-skin hiluxes. cry

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by BlackBaron: 5:17pm On Aug 18, 2018
Sizzorkay:
You are comparing two issues with different reality.
The US troops died on foreign soil, so yea, it will be investigated, we are fighting a war in our own country, how many countries carry out thorough investigations when fighting wars in on their own land? It's largely a waste of time, it's called war, and soldiers will die, all they can do is learn from whatever mistake was made and move on.
Soldiers are expendable, whether people wanna hear it or not, i don't think they are, i meant those at the top.
If leaders of today have their own kids on the front lines, you will see we won't have that many wars lol, who wanna lose their kid. But other people's kids? why not. I'm sure Nigerian lawmakers and the President wouldn't send their kids out there in a war zone in a light skin pickup truck.
So that's the reality.
And as for the US investigations, if you rarely have soldiers die in such situation, then investigating what went wrong is not new, but if you are engaged in a bloody war? Please, they don't investigate sheet. Imagine US and Russia fighting a war against one another ( Hypothetical), is America going to investigate the death of over 80,000 potential deaths of their troops? With what resources? But it's only 4, so yea, nothing new there.
Doesn't mean we can't do better, we surely can.

Please, most western armies investigate deaths (even if in their hundreds)and that investigation is the reason why there's a lesser likelihood of another soldier dying like the former. There are multiple coroner reports ( or inquests in particular if questionable) of soldiers who died in wars, army bases (home or abroad), etc. The outcome of this mostly results in new better measures to prevent more deaths. Coroners or inquests identified Logistic failures, lack of uparmouring, poor recon were some of the past examples uncovered which they quickly ameliorated.

How many times have we learnt in ours about Base security, infantry vehicle, etc. Face it, our doctrine is inadequate and not adapting, this is why things like this keep repeating...

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 5:24pm On Aug 18, 2018
BlackBaron:
Please, most western armies investigate deaths (even if in their hundreds)and that investigation is the reason why there's a lesser likelihood of another soldier dying like the former. There are multiple coroner reports ( or inquests in particular if questionable) of soldiers who died in wars, army bases (home or abroad), etc. The outcome of this mostly results in new better measures to prevent more deaths. Coroners or inquests identified Logistic failures, lack of uparmouring, poor recon were some of the past examples uncovered which they quickly ameliorated.

How many times have we learnt in ours about Base security, infantry vehicle, etc. Face it, our doctrine is inadequate and not adapting, this is why things like this keep repeating...

Don't sweat it sir. We are operating a Militia not a professional Military.

Look at a supposed "law enforcement agents" below
Look at their dressing and their public countenance undecided

Our entire Armed Forces is a glorified Militia.

No disrespect to the honorable personnels tho

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Sizzorkay: 5:44pm On Aug 18, 2018
You guys must really enjoy dragging your own kind in the mud.
What's wrong with their dressing? Bro, go out a little more, if you don't, here in New York cops do this regularly, and I'm sure it's done in other developed countries.
So he's wearing street clothes, smoking cigs, and that's new or bad because? Perhaps i should show you a vid of an American cop in uniform having sex on top of his patrol car in broad day light.
Moving on

abiodunalasa:

Don't sweat it sir. We are operating a Militia not a professional Military.

Look at a supposed "law enforcement agents" below
Look at their dressing and their public countenance undecided

Our entire Armed Forces is a glorified Militia.

No disrespect to the honorable personnels tho

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 5:51pm On Aug 18, 2018
Sizzorkay:
You guys must really enjoy dragging your own kind in the mud.
What's wrong with their dressing? Bro, go out a little more, if you don't, here in New York cops do this regularly, and I'm sure it's done in other developed countries.
So he's wearing street clothes, smoking cigs, and that's new or bad because? Perhaps i should show you a vid of an American cop in uniform having sex on top of his patrol car in broad day light.
Moving on

Guy so you're living in NYC... and NYPD guys always dress like ruffians, smoke indiscriminately in public... and also have sex on top of Patrol car in broad day light !!!

Chai Nairaland don kill me finish oooo grin grin grin
See as one nincompoop just sit down for one 3rd world village begin nack me lies cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by komekn(m): 6:32pm On Aug 18, 2018
Litmus:
Reading some of the latest entries on this thread, one may be forgiven for considering whether belief in black magic plays a significant role in the unacceptable losses of NA soldiers lives in the North East. Heck, it may account for why Nigeria army appears reluctant to do as Beegeagle cries hoarse daily or even as the likes of komekn suggests. Instead of your Sukhois, Mikoyan and Scorpions waste of money, Military brass probably expects Nigeria soldiers to fly over massed Bokoharam terrorists on broomsticks ,lobbing charmed hand-sized candle-lit pumpkins in addition to warding off bullets in their charmed soft-skin hiluxes. cry

LOL you have killed me Oh Chei
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 9:07pm On Aug 18, 2018
komekn:

Let me ask you these first.

Why does the Colombian and Mexican army use pick-ups then?

Before you go further, outside Afghanistan and Iraq, Colombia has the record for the conflict with the highest number of mine related KIA and WIA.

Let me also state, there is no APC in existence that can protect soldiers from 23mm rounds.

Even the Russians deploy motorised infantry in Pick-up trucks in combat operations in Syria.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 10:02pm On Aug 18, 2018
Henry240:

Let me ask you these first.

Why does the Colombian and Mexican army use pick-ups then?

Before you go further, outside Afghanistan and Iraq, Colombia has the record for the conflict with the highest number of mine related KIA and WIA.

Let me also state, there is no APC in existence that can protect soldiers from 23mm rounds.

Even the Russians deploy motorised infantry in Pick-up trucks in combat operations in Syria.

Bro apart from cost what else is the benefit of the pick-up trucks ?

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by giles14(m): 10:08pm On Aug 18, 2018
abiodunalasa:

for me apart from cost.

it high mobility and low maintenance

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by lebuhsi(m): 10:12pm On Aug 18, 2018
abiodunalasa:

I would also like to add versatility also

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by BlackBaron: 10:18pm On Aug 18, 2018
Let me just add, apart from the resources which would help a lot. Mentality shift is needed. 450 British soldiers died in Afghanistan since 2005. This includes offensives, non combat issues and others. Soldiers while they are to face death should not suddenly be treated as cannon fodder.

I followed Syrian battlespace heavily for a while and it was until they almost began to run out of manpower they began to improvise. Go read spioenkop, reddit and other blogs for some of the evolving it took especially during the offensive to clear out isis then caliphate.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Sizzorkay: 10:23pm On Aug 18, 2018
Are you a kid?
I sit down in one 3rd world village? That alone tells me how inferior you must be feeling inside.
yes i live in NY, that was never a secret since beeagle days, been here 17yrs, so what? Unlike some people, i won't throw my country under the bus, no matter how bad. call it a 3rd world country all you want, again, go out more, come to Brooklyn and i will show you poverty, or try the Bronx, have you been to Trump Tower on 5th ave and 57th street in Manhattan? Come here and see whites, blacks Asians etc, sleeping on the sidewalk inside cardboard boxes, or by the stairs to the Churches on the block. No country is perfect, the West just knows how to hide their own imperfections, while fools like yourself think they are god and we should emulate them.
And yes, NY is full of plain clothe officers, i know a few, and been harassed by a few, ain't nothing new.
And to think i will lie to you about where i live? That's idiotic, since you are irrelevant to me.
And as for the officer caught having sex on the hood of his vehicle, this was in the news, google it, so i didn't make that up.
I bet if those were white guys, you'd call them badass wouldn't ya? lol, this kid.
Judging people by looking at a simple pic that doesn't even show much, all cos he was smoking and wearing street clothes? that's sad
So we are done here dude.

abiodunalasa:

Guy so you're living in NYC... and NYPD guys always dress like ruffians, smoke indiscriminately in public... and also have sex on top of Patrol car in broad day light !!!

Chai Nairaland don kill me finish oooo grin grin grin
See as one nincompoop just sit down for one 3rd world village begin nack me lies cheesy cheesy cheesy

6 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 11:06pm On Aug 18, 2018
komekn:

Toh
This post is quite a swing but I understand in all.

However,AFSF do ride in MRAPs as the mission dictates, there's no hard & fast rule.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 11:21pm On Aug 18, 2018
allexpensive:

Hint - SQL

WC!! o ti o!
A Lt.Col equivalent is here shocked
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by allexpensive: 12:08am On Aug 19, 2018
Odunayaw:
WC!! o ti o!
A Lt.Col equivalent is here shocked

Been in service for a long time sha but this COIN has helped fast track promotion. Benefit of this CAS. He's making sure our contributions here end up being rewarded.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (643) (644) (645) (646) (647) (648) (649) ... (2203) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.