Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,506 members, 7,854,162 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 11:51 AM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (644) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3067815 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (641) (642) (643) (644) (645) (646) (647) ... (2203) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by doziex: 1:42am On Aug 17, 2018
@ugo4u, I remember when bhts just fought with motorcycles, I warned folks on the beegeagles blog then, that NA would be in pretty bad shape when bhts adopt technicals like the rest of the armies and rebel groups in the Sahel area.

The only way to survive the AAA assault is to bury your face in the dirt and this allows the enemy to easily encircle you.

The west, us,France and U.K. Handle the technical easily with TOWs and other ATGMs. From helicopters gunships or mounted and hand held sets.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by allexpensive: 2:29am On Aug 17, 2018
doziex:
@ugo4u, I remember when bhts just fought with motorcycles, I warned folks on the beegeagles blog then, that NA would be in pretty bad shape when bhts adopt technicals like the rest of the armies and rebel groups in the Sahel area.

The only way to survive the AAA assault is to bury your face in the dirt and this allows the enemy to easily encircle you.

The west, us,France and U.K. Handle the technical easily with TOWs and other ATGMs. From helicopters gunships or mounted and hand held sets.

Our own war is stretched and the pattern seems different here. Response to bht technical is RPG hit or a direct fire on the position as we don't have money to fire tows. Technicals are deadly. Those useless bokoharam are not scared to die. They just come rushing, shooting everywhere in a stupid manner. You as a soldier, you want to live so your actions must be well calculated.

The only easy way against a technical is to sight them before they sight you.

6 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by doziex: 4:10am On Aug 17, 2018
It's a pity that countries like Egypt,Thailand (military dictatorship), the Philippines and Iraq (human rights issues) are receiving all manner of US excess defense articles, we a democracy fighting terrorists of the worst kind. An erstwhile US ally can't get no love.

Our soldiers are being decimated by bhts, our politicians don't care. The military brass don't care either. Nigerians by enlarge, don't know or care about their defense.
The press does not care. I look into my crystal ball, and see fertile ground for a junior officer led "orkar" type revolt.

Let him that has understanding read the signs of the times.

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 5:50am On Aug 17, 2018
MAJOR GENERAL UDE ASSUMES DUTY IN MNJTF

-- As Major General Irabor Bids N'Djamena Good Bye

Major General Chikezie Ude has assumed duty as the new Commander of the Multinational Joint Task Force (MNJTF). At a ceremony today at the Headquarters of the MNJTF in N'Djamena, Major General Ude thanked his predecessor for the remarkable achievements recorded during his tenure. He also lauded the Executive Secretary of the Lake Chad Basin Commission and Head of Mission MNJTF, His Excellency, Ambassador Mamman Nuhu for supporting the former Commander and stated that he looked forward to enjoying similar support and cooperation during his tour of duty.
Addressing officers of the MNJTF and staff of the African Union Mission Support Team, General Ude assured that he would continue from where his predecessor stopped and solicited the cooperation of everyone to ensure that the problem of Boko Haram terrorism is eradicated quickly.

Also speaking at the ceremony, Ambassador Mamman Nuhu noted that General Irabor is a Commander with a remarkable pedigree, noting that he will be missed by everyone. He assured the new Commander that the LCBC will continue to avail the MNJTF the same support that it enjoyed during General Irabor's tenure.

Speaking earlier, the former Commander thanked the Ambassador Nuhu for providing the leadership which facilitated the achievements he recorded during his tenure. He also thanked political and military authorities in the countries of the Lake Chad Basin for the support given to the MNJTF. Similarly, he commended Strategic Partners, the United Nations, the African Union, Sector Commanders and personnel of the MNJTF for working harmoniously with him for the good of the Lake Chad Basin. He assured that though he is returning to Abuja, he will remain in touch with the MNJTF and will offer any assistance within the purview of his new deployment.

Please, disseminate this information to the general public.

Colonel Timothy Antigha
Chief, Military Public Information
MNJTF, N'Djamena

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 6:02am On Aug 17, 2018
#NAF

8 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 7:22am On Aug 17, 2018
bidexiii:
#NAF

NVGs, Armored gun trucks, NAF personnel...

Why am I having the feeling that allexpensive gave you this pictures undecided
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by giles14(m): 7:23am On Aug 17, 2018
bidexiii:
#NAF
hmmmm I suspect this is someone's convoy
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 7:31am On Aug 17, 2018
komekn:

What a relic from.the past.

Looks like an old Scorpion light tank, first ever military vehicle I was introduced too in the British army.

Really fast they had shockingly petrol engines the upgrades had diesel engines.

Currently you can pick them in really good condition decommissioned for about £3500 or more depending on condition.

Please don't tell me they ate still in use
u dey reach this side too? grin
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 7:46am On Aug 17, 2018
NA mortar

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 7:53am On Aug 17, 2018
NA scorpion light tanks in storage, sometimes I wonder if we at really at war in this country, what will it Cost to upgrade these things and put them on the battlefield ?
New/refurbished engines, new gunner/ commander sights for improved accuracy and night fighting capability and swap the guns for 20mm cannons.

Just like that your have an cheap and effective killer to hunt down any BHT technical Troops encounter.

We just aren’t serious in this country, later somehow will say Boko Haram receives satellite intel from foreign countries.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 7:56am On Aug 17, 2018
bidexiii:
Support for Uniform personnel (SOUP) can cover basic supplies such as snacks, toiletries, light, cards, shaving cream and first aid kit

@Jack_Vince77 story and others is the inspiration

Let's make it happen, tnx.
hope all the things or most of the things there are made in Nigeria sha.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 8:17am On Aug 17, 2018
jakeporeshenko:
NA scorpion light tanks in storage, sometimes I wonder if we at really at war in this country, what will it Cost to upgrade these things and put them on the battlefield ?
New/refurbished engines, new gunner/ commander sights for improved accuracy and night fighting capability and swap the guns for 20mm cannons.

Just like that your have an cheap and effective killer to hunt down any BHT technical Troops encounter.

We just aren’t serious in this country, later somehow will say Boko Haram receives satellite intel from foreign countries.

The major problem is that the top brass in the Army are not thinking out of the box, not innovative & creative lipsrsealed Look at the breakthroughs and successes recorded by the NAF.

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 8:19am On Aug 17, 2018
BabaOwen:
hope all the things or most of the things there are made in Nigeria sha.

Definitely for the start they will be imported but they are relatively cheap. And as times go on some of them can be produced here in Nigeria.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 8:19am On Aug 17, 2018
jakeporeshenko:
NA mortar

Idea of location
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 8:20am On Aug 17, 2018
abiodunalasa:

NVGs, Armored gun trucks, NAF personnel...

Why am I having the feeling that allexpensive gave you this pictures undecided

BIG NO..... cheesy
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 8:21am On Aug 17, 2018
giles14:
hmmmm I suspect this is someone's convoy

grin grin

Who's convoy grin
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 8:27am On Aug 17, 2018
bidexiii:

The major problem is that the top brass in the Army are not thinking out of the box, not innovative & creative lipsrsealed Look at the breakthroughs and successes recorded by the NAF.

You’re actually right, they are sticking to their conventional ways of doing things while facing an unconventional enemy, it can’t work, so far the army has been by far the slowest to adapt.

5 years later they are still developing doctrine meanwhile we are meant to e masters of COIN warfare by now undecided haba

NA also seems scared or shy of embracing technology,

Incorporate technology, enhance intel gathering and acquire helos for rapid response, shorten chain of command, all these little things will give NA such a huge boost!

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 8:28am On Aug 17, 2018
bidexiii:

Idea of location
No clue, if I had to guess I’d say Abuja, kaduna or IMO state
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by giles14(m): 8:32am On Aug 17, 2018
bidexiii:

grin grin
Who's convoy grin
you dey laugh?
na him be say you too know am
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 8:39am On Aug 17, 2018
giles14:
you dey laugh?

na him be say you too know am

Honestly; it's not what you think .

But the picture is a recent and ongoing operation of the NA & NAF in the North central.

"Wetin man go do, I do laugh a lot. wink"
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 8:43am On Aug 17, 2018
jakeporeshenko:

You’re actually right, they are sticking to their conventional ways of doing things while facing an unconventional enemy, it can’t work, so far the army has been by far the slowest to adapt.

5 years later they are still developing doctrine meanwhile we are meant to e masters of COIN warfare by now undecided haba

NA also seems scared or shy of embracing technology,

Incorporate technology, enhance intel gathering and acquire helos for rapid response, shorten chain of command, all these little things will give NA such a huge boost!

Gospel truth mate.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 9:00am On Aug 17, 2018
NA SNIPER BADGE

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by giles14(m): 9:00am On Aug 17, 2018
bidexiii:

Honestly; it's not what you think .

But the picture is a recent and ongoing operation of the NA & NAF in the North central.

"Wetin man go do, I do laugh a lot. wink"
hmmm

my man na that armoured hilux make me suspect
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by giles14(m): 9:02am On Aug 17, 2018
bidexiii:
NA SNIPER BADGE
operation end hilux in our military

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by ugo4u: 9:03am On Aug 17, 2018
allexpensive:

Our own war is stretched and the pattern seems different here. Response to bht technical is RPG hit or a direct fire on the position as we don't have money to fire tows. Technicals are deadly. Those useless bokoharam are not scared to die. They just come rushing, shooting everywhere in a stupid manner. You as a soldier, you want to live so your actions must be well calculated.

If you've watched the movie 13Hours in Benghazi, there is a scene in the movie where those agents where locked in a fire fight with a technical, I still remember the lead of the commandoes shouting to one of his lieutenant "knockout that tactical or we are dead"(1:01:57). The said lieutenant brought out something that looks like a gun that fires tear gas,(don't know the name) from a hidden position and took out the technical. After seeing that movie I fully appreciated the destructive power of a technical, Jeez!! that sh1t divided a hilux vehicle into two in that film.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by giles14(m): 9:17am On Aug 17, 2018
jakeporeshenko:

I fill NA lack drive
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by giles14(m): 9:25am On Aug 17, 2018
allexpensive:

so in essence developing a hunter killer vehicle to take care of the technicals
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 9:34am On Aug 17, 2018
giles14:
hmmm

my man na that armoured hilux make me suspect

wink

I thought as much. @allexpensive operation is in the N.E, that picture is N.C.

I can't disclose the location .
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 9:36am On Aug 17, 2018
allexpensive:

True yarn ... grin
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 9:55am On Aug 17, 2018
komekn:

What a relic from.the past.

Looks like an old Scorpion light tank, first ever military vehicle I was introduced too in the British army.

Really fast they had shockingly petrol engines the upgrades had diesel engines.

Currently you can pick them in really good condition decommissioned for about £3500 or more depending on condition.

Please don't tell me they ate still in use
In the military especially Land components, its hard to just wave an equipment as "old" or "obsolete"

Our Scorpions have been refurbished a few times & The Brits do not determine what is old or not

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by komekn(m): 10:36am On Aug 17, 2018
doziex:

You are right you know, the British just retired 600 schimitars, which is the same APC with a 20mm rapid firing gun and tow ATGMs
So it is a steal for about 3500 pounds.
Way better armor than hilux trucks.

Please please and please forgive me, I AM BEWILDERED beyond reason.

We have decided too buy $500 million dollars worth of over priced and over stated turbo prop planes. That will not be ready until 2020.

Meanwhile we are going around like a militia in soft skinned pick up trucks. Does that make any sense.

I know that we will be procuring pick up trucks for about $40k+.

Why do you think our casualty rate is so high Then look at the number of officers who we have lost.

Where is the over sight function of the NAS to review, query and even indict, or are they devoid of capacity and knowledge to appraise the situation. How can people be corrupt knowing that the direct consequence is lives are lost.

It is Treason.

Were do we loose most of our combatants in ambushes and attacks on supposed fortified army forward bases.

The USA lost 4 NCO they were 4 S.sargeants and they issue went all the way too the top. Look at the depth of investigation and reprimand over the loss of just 4 soldiers. Below is a YouTube clip of the investigation that has been made largely public. There is a full one hour video with 4 star general explaining the issues.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFmN-1N0SWg

First issue for the US was the vehicles they were using if they had thier normal oshkosh JLTV. It would have been a different story. Irrespective of the other operational failings.

Look at what happened a few weeks ago in the NE what we are saying. From the positioning of the smoldering vehicles all soft skinned the camp lay out and defences. It's quite obvious what happened.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by komekn(m): 10:44am On Aug 17, 2018
allexpensive:

Not necessarily true.

Over view with a sniper, one round in the engine block of that technical with a 50 cal. easily done at even 1.5km, Renders it immobile engine busted. Technical is not stabilised and not very accurate at beyond 400 metres, they shoot wildly, creating fear.

If you are in a definitive IFV then it's easy picking for you. Unfortunately the NA doesn't have one, APC' s yes but not any IFV

However, even the BTR4 which is not an IFV could easily pick them off with its remote targeting systems particularly as they are all immobilised.

Once immobilised a well positioned sniper can even take a shot at the HMG itself and it's inoperative.

As a sniper positioning is everything.

That's just one option, there are several claymore, etc, etc

However, it seems our situational awareness is very poor, because we seem to be caught unawares or at best suprised. How can 10/15 technical be driving around within the base operational area without unknown to ourselves.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (641) (642) (643) (644) (645) (646) (647) ... (2203) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.