Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,755 members, 7,831,424 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:31 PM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (643) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3042950 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (640) (641) (642) (643) (644) (645) (646) ... (2202) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by iblawi(m): 11:31pm On Aug 15, 2018
allexpensive:

Not ahqsg.

You can always delete your comments if you don't feel free about it.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 12:16am On Aug 16, 2018
allexpensive:

Not ahqsg. What I'm trying to say is that they're guys used by ONSA /DHQ/MOD for covert operations. The Army has something similar runned by its leadership.
I know someone who is part of the team. He was trained in s foreign country. After serving his term in the NE, his unit and everything changed. They called him in.

We're okay here in the airforce.

I have seen documents from the top describe them as critical national assets. The SBS boys are being referred to as assets for marine terrorism or whatever.

Hope I haven't said much. I requested for permission to post on my 3 days journey so I am awaiting response.

Heheh pictures ?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 6:08am On Aug 16, 2018
jakeporeshenko:
NNSBS showcasing their various heliborne insertion and extraction skills

Nice pictures.

Love the SBSC exercise pics.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 6:10am On Aug 16, 2018
ugo4u:

The easiest way to fund this insurgency war and in extension the welfare of our troops, the government should codedly make Nigerians pay extra N1 for every litre of fuel bought. This way we can raise billions of naira. We consume about 60million litres of PMS daily, just imagine the enormous amount of money that will be generated in 6months, mind you this is excluding diesel, gas, kerosene etc oo. But this is Nigeria even if they implement it, senior men them go still corner their thing.

Dude if you where a politician, you will be damn good grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 6:17am On Aug 16, 2018
PRESS RELEASE

NIGERIAN NAVY APPOINTS NEW PRINCIPAL STAFF OFFICERS AND FLAG OFFICERS COMMANDING

1. The Nigerian Navy has announced the appointment of new Principal Staff Officers (PSOs) and Flag Officers Commanding (FOCs). They are Rear Admiral UB Onyia, for Logistics Command, Oghara, Delta State, Rear Admiral DA Adeniran for Eastern Naval Command, Calabar, Cross River State, Rear Admiral OH Ngalabak for Western Naval Command, Lagos, Rear Admiral SI Enoch for Naval Training Command, Apapa, Lagos and Rear Admiral SS Garba who is taking over at the Central Naval Command, Yenegoa, Bayelsa State.

2. Furthermore, Rear Admiral AH Yusuf is appointed as the Director of Medical Services, Rear Admiral SAG Abbah is taking over as the Chief of Defence Administration at the Defence Headquarters, Rear Admiral IO Mohammed is taking over as Chief of Naval Safety and Standards, Naval Headquarters, Rear Admiral PA Onaji as Chief of Defence Civil Military Cooperation, Defence Headquarters.

3. Some others affected are Rear Admiral ME Ebe who is now the Chief of Logistics, Naval Headquarters, Rear Admiral MA Emuekpere is appointed Chief of Administration, Naval Headquarters and Rear Admiral T Dick is taking over as the Deputy Commandant, Armed Forces Command and Staff College Jaji, Kaduna State. Rear Admiral MM Kadiri is now the Chief of Training and Operations, Naval Headquarters, Rear Admiral FF Ogu is taking over as the Navy Secretary, Naval Headquarters, Rear Admiral MA Eno is moving to the Naval Doctrine and Assessment Centre, Bonny Camp, Lagos as Admiral Superintendent while Rear Admiral AB Adamu is appointed Admiral Superintendent Naval Ordnance Depot, Kirikiri, Lagos and Rear Admiral SS Lassa is appointed as the Director Project Implementation Monitoring and Evaluation Directorate, Naval Headquarters.

4. Rear Admiral A Akinrinade formerly FOC Logistics Command is now appointed the Director of Training at the Defence Headquarters, Rear Admiral OF Ofodile formerly FOC NAVTRAC is now appointed Director of Logistics, Defence Headquarters and Rear Admiral SMD Usman who is moving from FOC Central Naval Command to Defence Headquarters as Director of Defence Project Monitoring. The appointments also include Rear Admiral SA Mohammed who is appointed Managing Director, Navy Hotel and Suites Limited, Rear Admiral TT Dakwat as Director Development, Defence Headquarters while Rear Admiral DO Kolawole is deployed to Defence Headquarters as Director Search and Rescue.

5. In view of the importance of this information, you are please requested to disseminate for general public awareness.

AYO OLUGBODE
Commodore
Director of Information
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 6:20am On Aug 16, 2018
PRESS RELEASE

NIGERIAN ARMY CONDUCTS LANGUAGE TEST

1. The Nigerian Army today Wednesday 15 August 2018 at the Army Headquarters Conference Room, conducted a test for its senior officers in Hausa, Igbo and Yoruba languages. The test which has 50 senior officers in attendance is part of the Nigerian Army’s effort towards ensuring that all personnel are proficient in the use of the three major Nigerian languages.

2. The test came after eight months of intensive lecture organised by the Army Headquarters for the senior officers. It is believed that understanding these languages will aid the troops while carrying out their constitutional roles particularly during internal security operations across the country. This will also enhance mutual cooperation between the Nigerian Army and the general public.

3. Senior officers that participated in the test include, the Chief of Army Staff (COAS) Lieutenant General Tukur Yusufu Buratai, Principal Staff Officers of the Army Headquarters, Corps Commanders, Directors, among others.

4. Speaking at the end of the test, the COAS commended the officers for their conduct throughout the period of the test, adding that the result will be announced soon and urged them to prepare for another exam next week.

5. It would be recalled that the COAS on assumption of office enjoined all personnel to learn the three major Nigerian languages as part of deliberate effort aimed at improving communication skill among the troops.

6. You are please requested to disseminate this information to the general public through your news media.

7. Thanks for your kind support and cooperation.

TEXAS CHUKWU
Brigadier General
Director Army Public Relations

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 6:23am On Aug 16, 2018
PRESS RELEASE

TROOPS ELIMINATE BANDITS AND RECOVER ARMS

1. The Troops of 1 Division under Operation WHIRL PUNCH responded to a distress call about an armed robbery along Birnin Gwari - Funtua road. While on pursuit of the armed robbers, they were ambushed by suspected bandits. However, they fought their way and overpowered the bandits, who hastily withdrew into Kwuyambana forest in Zamfara State.

2. During the pursuit of the bandits in the forest, 5 x bandits' dead bodies were found. Among the eliminated bandits was a notorious bandit from Zamfara identified as Sani Danbuzuwa. Regrettably, we lost One soldier and Two were injured. The wounded soldiers were evacuated and they are responding to treatment in military hospital in Kaduna.

3. After thorough searched of the ambush area, the following items were recovered:
a. 1 x AK47 rifle.
b. 3 x magazines.
c. 87 rounds of 7.62mm (special).
d. 1 x G3 rifle.
e. 4 x magazines.
f. 61 rounds of 7.62mm (NATO).

4. Likewise, a wanted vicious kidnapper and expert in negotiations for ransom, called Yinusa Suleiman from Sambuwa village was apprehended by troops on 14 August 2018. He is currently assisting the security operatives in further investigations.

5. The troops remain committed and determined to ensure security and safe passage to all commuters along highways of Kaduna - Abuja and Kaduna - Birnin Gwari roads as well as adjoining towns and villages.

You are please requested to disseminate this information to the general public through your reputable medium.

Colonel Muhammad Dole
Deputy Director Army Public Relations
1 Division Nigerian Army

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 6:31am On Aug 16, 2018
PRESS RELEASE

THEATRE COMMANDER CHARGES TROOPS IN THE NORTH EAST TO REMAIN PROFESSIONAL ... Assures them of adequate welfare

The Theatre Commander Operation Lafiya Dole, Major General Abba Dikko has charged troops of Operation Lafiya Dole in North Eastern Nigeria to remain professional in the conduct of the ongoing Counter Terrorism and Counter Insurgency Operations against Boko Haram insurgents in the North East. General Dikko gave the charge today in his address to troops during an operational visit to Forward Operational Base at Delwa in Konduga Local Government Area of Borno State.

The Theatre Commander who assumed office barely two weeks ago said it was critical for him to immediately embark on the operational tour to ascertain the well being of the troops and the security situation in the general area.

Speaking further, General Dikko commended the troops for their gallantry and sacrifice in the defence of national security and charged them to exhibit high sense of discipline and respect for their immediate commanders and the military hierarchy.

Pointing out that indiscipline could mare the entire achievements so far made in the Counter insurgency and Counter terrorism operations in the North East, the Theatre Commander urged the troops to always communicate their challenges timely through the appropriate channels to enable them receive prompt attention. " Your welfare in this operation is paramount to me as your Theatre Commander", he added. He also assured the troops of their rotation, soon as they are due.

The Commander of the Forward Operational Base, Flight Lieutenant Martin Enwerem gave assurance of the troops' loyalty and resilience to combat terrorism and insurgency in the region.

Please disseminate this information to the general public through your news medium.

Thank you for your usual cooperation.

Onyema Nwachukwu
COLONEL
Deputy Director Public Relations
Theatre Command Operation Lafiya Dole

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 6:40am On Aug 16, 2018
#NA

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by allexpensive: 6:46am On Aug 16, 2018
bidexiii:
#NA

Here's one way to signal to a friendly unit. The flag on your vehicle, open frequency for SOS. Only friendly units and command centers will receive the call.

The Nigerian flag is indeed beautiful.

7 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by numbered(m): 9:28am On Aug 16, 2018
allexpensive:

Here's one way to signal to a friendly unit. The flag on your vehicle, open frequency for SOS. Only friendly units and command centers will receive the call.

The Nigerian flag is indeed beautiful.
Thank you for your service Mister.What is your opinion on the performance of the bigfoot mrap?

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 12:19pm On Aug 16, 2018
Nigeria and Cameroon..How both nations TRAIN for WAR.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDoO-0cVTns&feature=youtu.be

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 1:10pm On Aug 16, 2018
allexpensive:

Not ahqsg. What I'm trying to say is that they're guys used by ONSA /DHQ/MOD for covert operations. The Army has something similar runned by its leadership.
I know someone who is part of the team. He was trained in s foreign country. After serving his term in the NE, his unit and everything changed. They called him in.

We're okay here in the airforce.

I have seen documents from the top describe them as critical national assets. The SBS boys are being referred to as assets for marine terrorism or whatever.

Hope I haven't said much. I requested for permission to post on my 3 days journey so I am awaiting response.

First welcome back from your mission *opens crate of beer*

We await the story with great delight!
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 1:42pm On Aug 16, 2018
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 2:01pm On Aug 16, 2018

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 2:46pm On Aug 16, 2018
[quote author=bidexiii post=70331169][/quote]

Look at that flag... so beautifully dancing in the breez !

Oh dearest fatherland kiss kiss kiss

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by allexpensive: 3:01pm On Aug 16, 2018
numbered:
Thank you for your service Mister.What is your opinion on the performance of the bigfoot mrap?
It's the Army guys that make use of that. I haven't seen it performance personally.

We make use of hilux here in the airforce.

My story.

It's well known that BHT targets military supply convoy and also taking advantage of its limited fire power to lay ambush. The air task force provided a sweep accross our area with a UAV. This happens at different intervals.

A vehicle was faulty so it slowed down our movement and we had to camp alone after setting up defensive positions. Normal procedure was to camp at some certain locations where friendly forces are.

Less than 1hour, sporadic shots hit our position and we returned fire. Not everyone had NVG, team was already divided into two to repel the attack. We moved back as RPG hit on our vehicle will affect any personnel close.

They could not withstand the fire power and they left. It's not the end, it's still late at night and a vehicle is immobile already. For us to be attacked less than 1hour then they're aware of our status. I called in for the area to be swept again but the UAV close is limited by range . Still taking position and scanning area with NVG, ISR aircraft was dispatched after a mission to scan our area. Information established and we strucked their position after over 2km walk while the NA guys with us were left to protect the supply. We had a direct contact with ISR radio as the unit is directly under us. Trying to broadcast on a free frequency for the NA guys to listen too may leave the ops vulnerable (they can communicate with any government troop but the unit from NA with us was with hand held radio and not a tactical radio to receive a secured communication without getting conversation compromised.)

The attack on their position was coordinated by the ISR and it was successful. ISR performed a further area scan before signing off. The vehicle was later repaired at a FOB and we had a smooth movement for the rest of the journey as areas were being cleared by ground troops already.

We fly the Nigerian flag through out the journey too. There are multiple vehicles with different camo pattern in convoy so the flag is also a way to assure that you're a friendly forces. The NAF hilux also operate a distinct camo colour so they get to recognize us as easily too.

There are other signals too.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by ugo4u: 3:37pm On Aug 16, 2018
allexpensive:

It's the Army guys that make use of that. I haven't seen it performance personally.

My story.

It's well known that BHT targets military supply convoy and also taking advantage of its limited fire power to lay ambush. The air task force provided a sweep accross our area with a UAV. This happens at different intervals.

A vehicle was faulty so it slowed down our movement and we had to camp alone after setting up defensive positions. Normal procedure was to camp at some certain locations where friendly forces are.

Less than 1hour, sporadic shots hit our position and we returned fire. Not everyone had NVG, team was already divided into two to repel the attack. We moved back as RPG hit on our vehicle will affect any personnel close.

They could not withstand the fire power and they left. It's not the end, it's still late at night and a vehicle is immobile already. For us to be attacked less than 1hour then they're aware of our status. I called in for the area to be swept again but the UAV close is limited by range . Still taking position and scanning area with NVG, ISR aircraft was dispatched after a mission to scan our area. Information established and we strucked their position after over 2km walk while the NA guys with us were left to protect the supply. We had a direct contact with ISR radio as the unit is directly under us. Trying to broadcast on a free frequency for the NA guys to listen too may leave the ops vulnerable (they can communicate with any government troop but the unit from NA with us was with hand held radio and not a tactical radio to receive a secured communication without getting conversation compromised.)

The attack on their position was coordinated by the ISR and it was successful. ISR performed a further area scan before signing off. The vehicle was later repaired at a FOB and we had a smooth movement for the rest of the journey as areas were being cleared by ground troops already.

We fly the Nigerian flag through out the journey too. There are multiple vehicles with different camo pattern in convoy so the flag is also a way to assure that you're a friendly forces. The NAF hilux also operate a distinct camo colour so they get to recognize us as easily too.

Don't you think using the flag as a signal for friendlies can be easily compromised by "skinnies"? All they have to do is move in convoy, mount the Nigerian flag, dress like our troops come dangerously close to a military facility before anyone will say Jack they engage, hit their target and Peel out.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by allexpensive: 4:09pm On Aug 16, 2018
ugo4u:

Don't you think using the flag as a signal for friendlies can be easily compromised by "skinnies"? All they have to do is move in convoy, mount the Nigerian flag, dress like our troops come dangerously close to a military facility before anyone will say Jack they engage, hit their target and Peel out.

It can. Once you're approaching a friendly force/unit. There are other signals which I can't mention here.

Once you approach the friendly unit, you will risk being shot at if you don't stop for a visual ID.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 4:32pm On Aug 16, 2018
allexpensive:

My story.

I only see or hear of these in movies
This narration only is enough script for a badass military movie wink
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by allexpensive: 4:55pm On Aug 16, 2018
krattoss:
I only see or hear of these in movies
This narration only is enough script for a badass military movie wink

It's been done by several times here. We hold several simulations for this. It's a supply convoy so it's a easy target to equip themselves. During the shootout, we had none of them down and we had no idea about their population and since we have a vehicle down, we can't move out of the zone. ISR was called in to be certain about that but the UAV was not in range. We know they'll come back for us since they knew we had a vehicle down so it's best we go after them or lay an ambush but ISR can't be there always to provide us with situation on ground. We walked closer to 2km where they even sighted us first but the ISR aircraft pinpointed their location. Some ran away with their bikes but we were able to take care of the situation before a vehicle came to pick us up back.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by ugo4u: 5:02pm On Aug 16, 2018
allexpensive:

It's been done by several times here. We hold several simulations for this. It's a supply convoy so it's a easy target to equip themselves. During the shootout, we had none of them down and we had no idea about their population and since we have a vehicle down, we can't move out of the zone. ISR was called in to be certain about that but the UAV was not in range. We know they'll come back for us since they knew we had a vehicle down so it's best we go after them or lay an ambush but ISR can't be there always to provide us with situation on ground. We walked closer to 2km where they even sighted us first but the ISR aircraft pinpointed their location. Some ran away with their bikes but we were able to take care of the situation before a vehicle came to pick us up back.

u guys are really in the devil's den. I can only imagine what goes through your mind each time you're called for patrols/Ambush mission, anything can happen especially when moving with all this eggshell skinned vehicles.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 5:44pm On Aug 16, 2018
allexpensive:

a mole must have been tipping them off.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 5:55pm On Aug 16, 2018
krattoss:
a mole must have been tipping them off.

Definitely there are moles in the military and Civilian JTF. Last month a mole was apprehended from the the CJTF.

But BHT has there own scouts that report troops movement/convoy or patrols to there HQ. They know regular patrol routes and they can detect temporary camps at night.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 5:58pm On Aug 16, 2018
SSGN:
Nigeria and Cameroon..How both nations TRAIN for WAR.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDoO-0cVTns&feature=youtu.be

Am impressed by the Cameroonian SF training.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 6:04pm On Aug 16, 2018
allexpensive:

Hurah boys hurah cool
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by allexpensive: 9:37pm On Aug 16, 2018
ugo4u:

u guys are really in the devil's den. I can only imagine what goes through your mind each time you're called for patrols/Ambush mission, anything can happen especially when moving with all this eggshell skinned vehicles.

Yes, the fear of IED. Getting killed by the unknown. There's a task force whose job is now to make sure regular routes are cleared of IED.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by komekn(m): 9:59pm On Aug 16, 2018
[quote author=bidexiii post=70331169][/quote]

What a relic from.the past.

Looks like an old Scorpion light tank, first ever military vehicle I was introduced too in the British army.

Really fast they had shockingly petrol engines the upgrades had diesel engines.

Currently you can pick them in really good condition decommissioned for about £3500 or more depending on condition.

Please don't tell me they ate still in use
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by ugo4u: 10:55pm On Aug 16, 2018
Saw a thread in front page of a fallen soldier(my name sake for that matter) https://www.nairaland.com/4680380/boko-haram-kills-ugo-uruakpa men!!!!! that photo is too graphic (+40) the way his skull was crushed gon is shocking and I believe the bullet that hit him will come from the nozzles of an AA. Last, last war no good oo, but the good thing is if actually he was hit by AA his brain might not have processed it as to feel the pain(died instantly).
The month of July was really terrible for the Armed forces.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 11:09pm On Aug 16, 2018
ugo4u:
Saw a thread in front page of a fallen soldier(my name sake for that matter) https://www.nairaland.com/4680380/boko-haram-kills-ugo-uruakpa men!!!!! that photo is too graphic (+40) the way his skull was crushed gon is shocking and I believe the bullet that hit him will come from the nozzles of an AA. Last, last war no good oo, but the good thing is if actually he was hit by AA his brain might not have processed it as to feel the pain(died instantly).
The month of July was really terrible for the Armed forces.

R.I.P SOLDIER

If it was an AAG the head will be in pieces, the bullet is from a MG/GPMG/PKM .
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by doziex: 1:23am On Aug 17, 2018
komekn:

What a relic from.the past.

Looks like an old Scorpion light tank, first ever military vehicle I was introduced too in the British army.

Really fast they had shockingly petrol engines the upgrades had diesel engines.

Currently you can pick them in really good condition decommissioned for about £3500 or more depending on condition.

Please don't tell me they ate still in use

You are right you know, the British just retired 600 schimitars, which is the same APC with a 20mm rapid firing gun and tow ATGMs
So it is a steal for about 3500 pounds.
Way better armor than hilux trucks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (640) (641) (642) (643) (644) (645) (646) ... (2202) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.