Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,249 members, 7,867,652 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 08:42 PM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (681) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3080609 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (678) (679) (680) (681) (682) (683) (684) ... (2204) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 6:41pm On Sep 25, 2018
lebuhsi:
you keep sayin those deliveries would be inn 2022--2025, but and very sure the americans made it clear it was going to be from 2020

I don't know for the dude shocked

When most sources says 2020, I don't know where his getting these from. Let him provide us with a source that says 2025.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by giles14(m): 6:41pm On Sep 25, 2018
bidexiii:

You should know better. You've been keen on saying the super tucsno is a propeller aircraft and it goes beyond that.

The tucsno is what we need to prosecute these COIN in the North East. You have to go and read about the aircraft.

The A-29 Super Tucano is an aircraft that the U.S. Air Force paid to develop precisely for partner countries that needed air support for their counter terrorism operations. The super tucano has wing-mounted machine guns, weapons integration with advanced surveillance and targeting pods, precision-guided bombs, and even air-to-air missiles.

This makes it an excellent territorial defense and close support plane for low-budget air forces, as well as a surveillance asset with armed attack capability. The Brazilian Airforce uses it this way. for instance; alongside very advanced EMB-145 airborne radar and maritime patrol jet platforms..etc

The super tucano as is own distinct capabilities- to carry it's own ISR and strike capabilities, which these 4th gen Jets wouldn't offer plus cost & maintenance.

I think should do a little more research on the super tucano and NAF super tucano's contract. The whole $600M is not only for the 12 aircrafts alone, it comes with a whole lot of packages.
true have always loved that bird ,but its too expensive for a propeller craft no matter the sweetener attached to it
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 6:43pm On Sep 25, 2018
giles14:
true have always loved that bird ,but its too expensive for a propeller craft no matter the sweetener attached to it

It's comes with a lot of packages like pilot and maintenance crew training, engine spare parts, armament & munition, building of the aircraft hangers etc
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by barineh(m): 7:25pm On Sep 25, 2018
Henry240:

Tucano, UCAV and MI-35M are 4th generation aircrafts.

Seriously? Tucanos are single-turboprop, basic trainer with counter-insurgency capability

Our UCAV are OK not too good. And Mi-35 are helicopters and are only useful in close support and can't defend our airspace. We're Nigerians let's try to be truthful to ourselves.

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by barineh(m): 7:27pm On Sep 25, 2018
bidexiii:

You don't have any idea of what you are saying undecided
Even if you don't agree w/ someone you don't talk to them anyhow.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Sizzorkay: 7:56pm On Sep 25, 2018
No worry Chief, I've been told cops in other countries don't wear street clothes lmao.
Heck I've seen them wear scrubs as if they work in some freaking hospital, or sometimes they drive yellow cabs, imagine driving on the road and see a yellow taxi with flashing lights behind you, those guys are hilarious lol

allexpensive:
There was an issue of NYPD on mufii here. Got this from my cousin's post.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Ibrahimanees: 8:07pm On Sep 25, 2018
SLBM:
The list you provided justifies my point. It's not ignorance Oga Henry. You call re-eactivating two Bell Helicopters, maintaining C-130 aircraft, upgrading one UAV as part of the NAF question program? All the items listed can be sorted out with $500,000. I a, talking about the NIGERIAN AIR FORCEZ flying trainer aircrafts, a hand full of mediocre aircraft, zero interest in modernization en mass, zero intetest in air defense..all this despite a decade of war. C'mon is this the best Africa's wealthiest country and 5th biggest defense spender can do? Compare all the initiatives by the Air Force this year, compare that with the likes of our peers in economic power. Pulling a cotton ribbon ceremony for these projects is laughable. You realise this is 2018 not 1984. Thirty five years ago the nation could field a squadron of frontline high performance jets. Look at the Egyptian and South African Air Force. Neither of these countries have close to the resources available to this country. If its hard currency only Algeria beats us in Foreign Reserves. If its natural resources We are not in the same league. You realize this is Africa's first trillion dollar economy and the with 19th largest economy on earth with the 10th largest proven oil reserve whose value hovers around $4 trillion. Heck Lagos alone has Africa's 5th largest economy. You call me ignorant? We should all bow our head in shame rather than celebrate this mediocrcy.

Any word on the JF-17? negotiations and payment and renegotiation and part payment and an extra $1 billion in ars have been going on since 2014? Any idea when or if the THREE JF-17 will be delivered within the decade?
You can also add largest deposit of natural gas, large deposits of gold, nickel, iron ore, coal, uranium, farming land and a very large population to exploit these resources. Are we done? Good, then let's talk economics.
It surprises me how some like to throw figures about without knowing the basics of economics. Nigeria's GDP is in trillions only in naira, in dollars? 300plus. Do you even know what GDP is? It doesn't mean sh*t. What we need is increase in government revenue, stop all our revenue leakages things along that line. And while you might be correct about natural resources (because it's debatable between Nigeria, Congo (yes DR Congo) and South Africa) debatable because the exact value of Nigeria's and Congo's resources are unknown because of..... unreliable data from both countries. so what? You go to site, chant abracadabra then viola! All the golds, the crude oil, the natural gas starts to pop out? All these things are primary products (things that have to be extracted) it took total 3 billion dollars to build and oversized ship and container to extract oil from egina field. GDP doesn't equate to hard currency. And comparing Nigeria to those countries? Nigeria's population is almost double the next in line, Ethiopia. Show me a country that has up to 200mil population, 250 ethnic groups and about five hundred Languages doing better than Nigeria, not in military terms but general societal issues because when you can't fix your societal issues, you can do nothing. And don't mention US because most of them are immigrants so they don't have that sense of entitlement like Niger Deltans and the rest. And don't mention India,
China (Brazil?) because they are not as diversified as Nigeria. I am not making excuses because things like corruption, nepotism, and sheer incompetence also plays a major role, but these things will not matter if an igbo man does not have to choose between a competent ignoring man or an incompetent Hausa man. More money was lost in the US than nigeria between 911 and 2008 crisis. They didn't get noticed until after, you know why, because US has a very very very laaarge economy, grow the economy, get investments and we can buy all the F22 and s400 we need. Unless that is done, we can all shout about our resources thy kingdom come. Lastly, Which will you prefer? A personnel with all the basic amenities or one with all the hardware in the world but but worries about things like accommodation, feeding etc. I like what the CAS is doing, build from scratch. This might sound boring to most but I am not a military kind of guy, I roll the econs.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 8:08pm On Sep 25, 2018
barineh:

Even if you don't agree w/ someone you don't talk to them anyhow.

And what about him....

It's a simple question, it depends on the angle you are taking it from
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 8:15pm On Sep 25, 2018
PRESS RELEASE
NIGERIAN ARMY TO COLLABORATE WITH STAKEHOLDERS TO END INSURGENCY

1. The stakeholders within Northern Borno have been urged to collaborate with the Nigerian Army to end the insurgency in that region.

2.The Acting Commander Sector 3 Operation LAFIYA DOLE Brigadier General Uwem Bassey, made the call in Headquarters Sector 3 during a meeting with some Local Government officials within the sector’s Area of Operational Responsibility.

3. He also appealed to the stakeholders to cooperate with the troops through sharing of credible information concerning the terrorists.

4. Responding on behalf of the stakeholders, the Secretary to Nghazai Local Government Area of Borno State Hon Shettima Mohammed, expressed gratitude to the Nigerian Army for restoring peace and sanity to their communities.

5. He assured the Commander of their cooperation and promise to share any vital information at their disposal with the Nigerian Army.

6. Present at the meeting are, Local Government officials from Nghazai, Monguno, Marte, Guzamala, Kukawa Local Government Areas of Borno State.

7. You are please requested to disseminate this information to the general public through your reputable medium.

Thank you for your kind cooperation.

TEXAS CHUKWU
Brigadier General
Director Army Public Relations
#BuhariOnline

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 8:21pm On Sep 25, 2018
More random images

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 9:51pm On Sep 25, 2018
NPF BTR

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 10:18pm On Sep 25, 2018
barineh:

Seriously? Tucanos are single-turboprop, basic trainer with counter-insurgency capability

Our UCAV are OK not too good. And Mi-35 are helicopters and are only useful in close support and can't defend our airspace. We're Nigerians let's try to be truthful to ourselves.
You said 4th Generation Aircraft. What did i list?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 10:26pm On Sep 25, 2018
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by barineh(m): 10:43pm On Sep 25, 2018
Henry240:
You said 4th Generation Aircraft. What did i list?

Okay whatever makes you sleeps at night.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 10:45pm On Sep 25, 2018
Ibrahimanees:

You can also add largest deposit of natural gas, large deposits of gold, nickel, iron ore, coal, uranium, farming land and a very large population to exploit these resources. Are we done? Good, then let's talk economics.
It surprises me how some like to throw figures about without knowing the basics of economics. Nigeria's GDP is in trillions only in naira, in dollars? 300plus. Do you even know what GDP is? It doesn't mean sh*t. What we need is increase in government revenue, stop all our revenue leakages things along that line. And while you might be correct about natural resources (because it's debatable between Nigeria, Congo (yes DR Congo) and South Africa) debatable because the exact value of Nigeria's and Congo's resources are unknown because of..... unreliable data from both countries. so what? You go to site, chant abracadabra then viola! All the golds, the crude oil, the natural gas starts to pop out? All these things are primary products (things that have to be extracted) it took total 3 billion dollars to build and oversized ship and container to extract oil from egina field. GDP doesn't equate to hard currency. And comparing Nigeria to those countries? Nigeria's population is almost double the next in line, Ethiopia. Show me a country that has up to 200mil population, 250 ethnic groups and about five hundred Languages doing better than Nigeria, not in military terms but general societal issues because when you can't fix your societal issues, you can do nothing. And don't mention US because most of them are immigrants so they don't have that sense of entitlement like Niger Deltans and the rest. And don't mention India,
China (Brazil?) because they are not as diversified as Nigeria. I am not making excuses because things like corruption, nepotism, and sheer incompetence also plays a major role, but these things will not matter if an igbo man does not have to choose between a competent Hausa man or an incompetent igbo man and vice-versa. More money was lost in the US than nigeria between 911 and 2008 crisis. They didn't get noticed until after, you know why, because US has a very very very laaarge economy, grow the economy, get investments and we can buy all the F22 and s400 we need. Unless that is done, we can all shout about our resources thy kingdom come. Lastly, Which will you prefer? A personnel with all the basic amenities or one with all the hardware in the world but but worries about things like accommodation, feeding etc. I like what the CAS is doing, build from scratch. This might sound boring to most but I am not a military kind of guy, I roll the econs.

We as a society will remain stagnant if we keep making excuses for corruption and in competence. Frankly m Nigeria is not TOGO. A country like Nigeria can fix problems of basic amenities and modernise at the same time. Why is providing basic amenities an issue? Isn't that by default what ever service does? What's all this crap about funding. A nation that can spend $300 million in two monthe playing big brother can as well rescue its air force from extinction. You talk as if Nigeria is a 3rd rate backwater underdeveloped nation. This is virtually no excuse for the state of our air force. Nigeria is in the league ofmEgypt, Morroco and South Africa economically..and unlike the aforementioned countries, Nigeria has ten added advantage of having huge energy reserves , it can acquire platforms via commodities.

By virtue of its size, status, threat environment and diplomatic clout Nigeria should field squadrons of high performance jets. It doesn't hav3 to field F-16's, anything but trainer aircraft for crying out loud. It's ridiculous 8 F-7N interceptors and 16 Alpha jet forms the nucleus of Nigerian Air power.

On the economic front this is what you don't get. Nigeria is Africa's first trillion dollar economy by PPP. It holds the distinct title of richest via GNP and PPP. ...and guess what, oil accounts for less than %25 of Nigeria's overall GDP. This is the world's 19th largest economy. Why can't we do in war time what other countries are doing in peace time. Why the addiction to fire brigade approach? The $600 million Super Tucano deal has to be the dumbest arms deal in the history of the world. Before that it is the $370 million spent on 15 Chengdu F-7Ni fighters..Nigeria has since then lost three aircraft and two pilots to crashes, not to enemy fire. The failure to deal with the Boko Haram insurgency soon enough allowed external players to use the security situation as a target of opportunity and covertly keep Boko Haram afloat with cash and weapons. There is a price to pay for not being prepared. Nigeria has the capacity and wherewithal to rival the Algerian and South African Air Force, same goes for the Navy. Countries like South Africa and Algeria have submarines, they do not have to but they take the security of their waterways serious. In Nigeria's case the vast majority of Nigeria's oil terminal are offshore. Nigeria lost Bakassi to Cameroon. During the Ivory Coast debacles the Nigeria government was embarrassed when South Africa, in a show of force deployed a Frigate to the West African coast. Given the importance of the Atlantic to Nigeria's economic lifeline the Nigerian Navy should operate at least one submarine. I know there are many here who call this fantasy and are quite contended with the current state of affairs.

Lastly, it saddens me when you guys keep referring to social security challenges as an excuse for refusing to modernise and invest heavily in security. The social security problems that is bedeviling the nation is stems from a direct consequences for Nigeria's ill equipped military. If the Boko Haram insurgency have been crushed earlier in with overwhelming force there will not be a security gap that will allow external powers to manipulate. Instead we turned ourselves into a laughing stock, stashing millions of dollars in briefcases in a desperate bid to buy basic weapons the military should have had in abundance. Humiliated by the SA government, ,then we go on all fours BEGGING the United States to sell ur weapons, giving the U.S an opportunity to hold the country hostage with cheap blackmail. The sufferings and killings in the northeast, 2 million people displaced, the covert support for Boko Haram, Nigeria's waterways outstripping Somalia to the title of worlds most dangeriu waters.....they all stem from one basic dynamic, the failure of the Nigerian military to effectively protect its territory because of its ill equipped army, navy and air force. You are proposing we continue down that path, do not waste money in modernising and acquiring the platforms we need, After all we are not at war. Then when we are embarrassed again by an unforseen situation, we go through the circle again, desperately looking for weapons to buy, allowing countries tot are advantage of Nigeria's desperation to the fullest. Do you really think the United States and France would have turned West Africa into a its military warehouse had the Nigerian army been abl to lead an intervention force in Mali, and effectively crush the Boko Haram insurgency before spreading into neighbouring countries? No. We dropped the ball and as a result can no longer be viewed as the preponderant military power in West Africa.

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 10:52pm On Sep 25, 2018
barineh:

Okay whatever makes you sleeps at night.
Facts do, not fantasies.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by giles14(m): 12:04am On Sep 26, 2018
Ibrahimanees:

China (Brazil?) because they are not as diversified as Nigeria. I am not making excuses because things like corruption, nepotism, and sheer incompetence also plays a major role, but these things will not matter if an igbo man does not have to choose between a competent Hausa man or an incompetent igbo man and vice-versa. More money was lost in the US than nigeria between 911 and 2008 crisis. They didn't get noticed until after, you know why, because US has a very very very laaarge economy, grow the economy, get investments and we can buy all the F22 and s400 we need. Unless that is done, we can all shout about our resources thy kingdom come. Lastly, Which will you prefer? A personnel with all the basic amenities or one with all the hardware in the world but but worries about things like accommodation, feeding etc. I like what the CAS is doing, build from scratch. This might sound boring to most but I am not a military kind of guy, I roll the econs.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by ugo4u: 6:24am On Sep 26, 2018
giles14:
incompetent Igbo man and a competent Hausa man did got me cracking.
Hausa you ruled this country for 39+years what have you achieved.
do you think collecting billions in the name backward state an achievement?
please do choose your word correctly.

its on record the people who put Nigeria in the mess of underdevelopment, recession etc are IBB buhari and they are not igbos but hausas.

please next time don't compare both sides based on competent.
Abeg let's not turn this thread into a tribal bashing one.
PS: IBB and Buhari are not hausas. The former is NUPE while the latter Fulani. Aminu Kano is the only Hausa that superintended over the affairs of Nigeria(prime minister).

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Ibrahimanees: 6:29am On Sep 26, 2018
giles14:
incompetent Igbo man and a competent Hausa man did got me cracking.
Hausa you ruled this country for 39+years what have you achieved.
do you think collecting billions in the name backward state an achievement?
please do choose your word correctly.

its on record the people who put Nigeria in the mess of underdevelopment, recession etc are IBB buhari and they are not igbos but hausas.

please next time don't compare both sides based on competent.
All done. I've modified my post. Competent igbo man, an incompetent Hausa man. Thanks for the correction.
And I am not Hausa.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by homerac7: 7:30am On Sep 26, 2018
ugo4u:

PS: IBB and Buhari are not hausas. The former is NUPE while the latter Fulani. Aminu Kano is the only Hausa that superintended over the affairs of Nigeria(prime minister).

Aminu Kano kwa?

If you mean Late Tafawa Balewa, he wasn't Hausa either. He's from Mage ethnicity, a small group in largely Christian Tafawa Balewa local government area in Bauchi.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 8:04am On Sep 26, 2018
homerac7:

Aminu Kano kwa?

If you mean Late Tafawa Balewa, he wasn't Hausa either. He's from Mage ethnicity, a small group in largely Christian Tafawa Balewa local government area in Bauchi.
The first generation leaders were not our problem because they knew how hard they fought to get power and were not willing to abuse such power...it was immediately after the military came in that these nonsenses started
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by giles14(m): 8:05am On Sep 26, 2018
ugo4u:

IBB is a pure Fulani breed
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by giles14(m): 8:06am On Sep 26, 2018
Ibrahimanees:

All done. I've modified my post. Competent igbo man, an incompetent Hausa man. Thanks for the correction.
And I am not Hausa.
my apology for my earlier outburst.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Habane(m): 8:39am On Sep 26, 2018
giles14:
IBB is Gbagyi by tribe from Niger state.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 9:38am On Sep 26, 2018
Making JF 17 Thunder MOST LETHAL PAF Buying ADVANCED Targeting Pods ASELPOD from Turkey.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4-CgV6TZNg
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 9:42am On Sep 26, 2018
Ibrahimanees:
You no de reply WhatsApp msg again?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 9:46am On Sep 26, 2018
Habane:
IBB is Gbagyi by tribe from Niger state.
Imagine my shock seeing "pure Fulani"

SMH

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 9:48am On Sep 26, 2018
Ibrahimanees:
You no de reply WhatsApp msg again?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 9:53am On Sep 26, 2018
Another targeting pod option for the jf17 jet.

The FILAT WMD-7 Targeting pods.

Due to Chinese technological/industrial capability bottlenecks in the 1990s, the infrared (IR) sensor of the first generation FILAT had relatively low performance such as the time of operation. As a backup, a starlight night vision system was incorporated in FILAT for night targeting in nights with starlight or moonlight. By the time of 9th Zhuhai Airshow held in November 2012, Chinese technology has advanced enough that the performance of IR sensor is approaching that of west, and the starlight night vision backup is no longer needed. As a result, WMD-7 targeting pod only has IR, TV and laser systems. The laser targeting system of WMD-9 works at wavelength of 1.064 micrometer, with targeting range in excess of 13 km, and ranging range of 0.5 to 18 km. The pod weighs 280 kg. WMD-7 can be deployed on many aircraft, including CAC/PAC JF-17

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 9:56am On Sep 26, 2018
Chinese option: FILAT WMD-7

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by homerac7: 11:01am On Sep 26, 2018
giles14:

He's Gbagi by ethnicity.

Only Hausa to have ruled is Late Murtala Mohammed. Even at that, his Hausa is debatable. Some claim he's of Berom ancestry, while others claim he's of Ora.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 12:15pm On Sep 26, 2018
3 EA Rafale jets takes off from purdue airport south of France yesterday Tues 25th September 2018

(1) (2) (3) ... (678) (679) (680) (681) (682) (683) (684) ... (2204) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.