Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,248 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:21 AM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (718) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3015304 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (715) (716) (717) (718) (719) (720) (721) ... (2201) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 6:00pm On Nov 12, 2018
Tunisian SF

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 6:25pm On Nov 12, 2018
Algerian1:
Tunisian SF

Nice pics

I.D the LMG.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 6:34pm On Nov 12, 2018
FN-M249 Machine gun with the Egyptian Infantry soldiers during live fire training within Ex “Arab Shield-1.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 6:42pm On Nov 12, 2018
Exclusive: Photos From the 1st week of the Egyptian Special Forces and Reconnaissance Training Course Seal-8.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 6:46pm On Nov 12, 2018
#Egypt’s armed forces chief of staff inspects the Troops participate in the joint Military Exercise “Arab Shield-1”, Which take place in Mohamed Naguib Military Base.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 6:51pm On Nov 12, 2018
CH-5 Chinese Made Combat UAV appears at Zhuhai Air Show.

In November 2017, Press Reports claimed that the Egyptian armed forces signed a contract to get an unknown number of the UAV.

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 6:56pm On Nov 12, 2018
1st; Egyptian Paratrooper From HAHO/HALO High Altitudes Jump Team & Thunderbolts Member Armed with ARX-160 Assault Rifle.

2nd; And here, the Egyptian Paratroopers HAHO/HALO Team Members fitted with BECO Tactical armor & Ak-47/Maadi Assault Rifles.

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 7:00pm On Nov 12, 2018
bidex111:
CH-5 Chinese Made Combat UAV appears at Zhuhai Air Show.

In November 2017, Press Reports claimed that the Egyptian armed forces signed a contract to get an unknown number of the UAV.
Very nice bird.
I wonder How useful the Ch-3 has been to NAF.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 7:30pm On Nov 12, 2018
bidex111:

Nice pics

I.D the LMG.

Look like a M60E4
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 10:17pm On Nov 12, 2018
jakeporeshenko:

Very nice bird.
I wonder How useful the Ch-3 has been to NAF.
in the not too distant past they were used on BH

Personally I don't rate the CH-3 highly
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 10:29pm On Nov 12, 2018
JUST IN: In continuation with efforts to finally clear the remnants of BHTs in the North East,Troops of 82 Division, Task Force Battalion Ngoshe, in conjunction with members of Civilian JTF conducted a clearance Operation to Agapaluwa in Borno State.

The gallant troops came in contact with the terrorists and neutralised 2 of them. However, the other terrorists fled in the face of superior fire power from own troops. During the operation, 6 females and 10 children who were held captive were rescued. Additionally, freshly harvested food items were discovered and burnt in situ. Pictures are attached below.

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 10:32pm On Nov 12, 2018
More

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Sizzorkay: 11:06pm On Nov 12, 2018
I see a huge error in those pics, specifically the last one. Who blindfold children? Aren't they traumatized enough?
I don't think that should have been done.
And of course anyone with a better narrative as to why that was done, is free to share, without insults.

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by NNAMDIII(m): 11:10pm On Nov 12, 2018
Guards brigade cool

5 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 4:03am On Nov 13, 2018
Odunayaw:
in the not too distant past they were used on BH

Personally I don't rate the CH-3 highly
Same, when I look at a bird like the Ch-5 I see a quantum leap from the CH-3 and I really wonder if NAF is considering it or if it’s more of a once bitten twice shy situation.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by LTGEN: 5:56am On Nov 13, 2018
The CH3 got off to a wobbly start with the NAF .
It has been used since then to take out specific targets.
It also has been used as a teaching tool.
The current CAS and COAS believe in the future of both armed and unarmed drones.
In short the CH3 has influenced two of the top Generals in the Nigerian Armed Forces.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SuperSixOne: 1:41pm On Nov 13, 2018
OFFTOPIC

Mexiko Special Forces - Raid capturing notorious drug lord ElChapo (Joaquin Guzman)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljt7KbFv35g
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 3:08pm On Nov 13, 2018
#NAF

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 3:14pm On Nov 13, 2018
HAPPENING NOW
Opening Ceremony of 3 Division Inter- Brigade Nigerian Army Sports Festival (NAFEST ) 2018 held at 3 Division Physical Training Ground, Maxwell Khobe Cantonment Jos.

The Competing formations are 3 Division Garrison Jos, 33 Artillery Brigade Bauchi, 43 Engineer Brigade Jos, 53 Signals Brigade and 82 Battalion Jos respectively..
Today's event is Combat Road Race (10 kilometres). The event was flagged off by the Special Guest of Honour, former General Officer Commanding 82 Division, Major General Oluwaseun Oshinowo (rtd).

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 3:15pm On Nov 13, 2018
JUST IN: Troops arrest Female Suicide Bomber at Gonikalachari Borno State.

Troops of 251 Task Force Battalion Maiduguri arrested a female suicide bomber who attempted to infiltrate Maiduguri to detonate her suicide vest and inflict maximum casualty on innocent Nigerians.

Upon interrogation,she said her name is Shaidatu Adamu,19 years old from Gwoza in Borno State. She was sent on a lone mission. She confessed that she has been in Sambisa Forest for about 3 years.

Consequently, Troops from 47 Explosive Ordinance Device Battalion were invited to diffuse the explosives. She has been transferred to 7 Military Intelligence Brigade Maiduguri for further investigations. Pictures below.

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 6:55pm On Nov 13, 2018
Vickers Mk.3 MBT
MI-17SH

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by slimthugchimee2(m): 7:18pm On Nov 13, 2018
So today I saw a NAF C130 Hercules takeoff or should I say, still elevating from nkanu ibiam airport Enugu

That's something you barely see....

7 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 7:19pm On Nov 13, 2018
slimthugchimee2:
So today I saw a NAF C130 Hercules takeoff or should I say, still elevating from nkanu ibiam airport Enugu

That's something you barely see....
pics or we don't believe it tongue

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by QuietMynd: 9:04pm On Nov 13, 2018
Sizzorkay:
I see a huge error in those pics, specifically the last one. Who blindfold children? Aren't they traumatized enough?
And of course anyone with a better narrative as to why that was done, is free to share, without insults.
Me think that was done in order not to make them knw the way back to that place becos there re some cases of rescued captive returning to sambisa to meet their husband back.
But blindfolding kids is unacceptable
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by LTGEN: 10:01pm On Nov 13, 2018
Sizzorkay:
For Security reasons , the women who have been " rescued " are blindfolded , so that they will not give the location upon their release to bh terrorists.
some of them have been "married " to these bh going on two three years as a result their loyalty is suspect, they will be transported and debriefed, the last thing the NA wants is to facilitate an attack on one of its own fobs.

5 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 10:48pm On Nov 13, 2018
Watch out tomorrow night, 14 November 2018, for a compelling documentary titled “Nigerian Air Force Women of War” which will be aired on NTA (available on DSTV Channel 251 or via the NTA App) from 8.05 to 8.30pm. The documentary highlights gender inclusiveness in the Nigerian Air Force and chronicles the increasing involvement of women in combat and core combat support functions in the Service, especially within the last 3 years. Kindly help spread the information. Thank you for your continued interest in the Nigerian Air Force.

IBIKUNLE DARAMOLA
Air Commodore
Director of Public Relations and Information
Nigerian Air Force

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckh3oMSlg_s

WATCH OUT FOR THE MAIN DOCUMENTARY

9 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 11:04pm On Nov 13, 2018
PRESS RELEASE

UPDATE ON OPERATION CROCODILE SMILE III IN 6 DIVISION AREA OF RESPONSIBILITY

In continuation of Operation CROCODILE SMILE III in 6 Division Area of Responsibility (AOR), troops of the Division have intensified patrols both on land and in the creeks as well as the water ways to deny criminal elements freedom of action. In one of such patrols conducted by troops of 2 Brigade under 6 Division, a crack patrol team of the Brigade on 8th November 2018 located and destroyed illegally refined products Dump Site within Eket and Ibeno Local Government Areas (LGA) in Akwa Ibom State. A total of 500 drums and 2 surface tanks were destroyed in the course of the operation.

In similar operations conducted by troops of 16 Brigade on 9th November 2018, 6 illegal oil bunkering sites were discovered and destroyed at KM 45 Bille, Degema LGA of Rivers State. Additionally, 4 large reservoirs containing stolen crude oil and 7 Cotonou boats used in the illicit act were also destroyed. Further patrols within Awonikiri in Bille Degema LGA of Rivers State conducted on 10th November 2018 by the troops led to the discovery of a hideout for militants/sea pirates. Items recovered in the camp include: 2 gas cookers, a DSTV Dish and 2 Samsung Plasma Television sets, a battery charger, 2 generating sets, 2 ladders, a Sesco mobile Handset, 24 rounds of 9 mm calibre bullets, a pair of camouflage uniform, a camouflage face cap and a camouflage T-Shirt.

In the same vein, troops of Sector 1, Joint Task Force Operation Delta Safe (JTF OPDS) continued their robust anti-illegal oil bunkering patrols on 8th November 2018 in Yokri near Funkoro Forest of Burutu LGA Delta State where they discovered and destroyed 3 illegal refining camps with 4 large dug out pits and 12 surface tanks. Same day, the troops also discovered 3 illegal refining sites at Obodo Asisan, Ogbesedua and Ogbokoko all in Warri South LGA which were hitherto destroyed in previous operations but being reactivated currently. Nevertheless, the troops successfully destroyed all the 3 illegal refining camps including 10 cooking tanks, 2 Cotonou boats and 2 pumping machines. 2 suspects, Oghenemaga Egubare and Maxwell Umar were also arrested at the illegal oil bunkering camp vicinity and handed over to sister security agency for investigation and possible prosecution. In another development, troops of 19 Battalion under Sector 1 JTF OPDS conducted an Educational Outreach at Ethiope Model Primary School and Malachi Primary School Sapele where free Exercise Books were distributed to the pupils.

Activities of Operation CROCODILE SMILE III in 6 Division AOR continue with day and night patrols by troops of the Division with the aim of curtailing all criminal activities within the Niger Delta region and presenting a genuine platform for development of the region.

You are kindly requested to disseminate above information to the general public through your reputable medium. Thank you for your usual cooperation

AMINU ILIYASU
Colonel
Deputy Director Army Public Relations

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 12:49am On Nov 14, 2018
bidex111:
Watch out tomorrow night, 14 November 2018, for a compelling documentary titled “Nigerian Air Force Women of War” which will be aired on NTA (available on DSTV Channel 251 or via the NTA App) from 8.05 to 8.30pm. The documentary highlights gender inclusiveness in the Nigerian Air Force and chronicles the increasing involvement of women in combat and core combat support functions in the Service, especially within the last 3 years. Kindly help spread the information. Thank you for your continued interest in the Nigerian Air Force.

IBIKUNLE DARAMOLA
Air Commodore
Director of Public Relations and Information
Nigerian Air Force

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckh3oMSlg_s

WATCH OUT FOR THE MAIN DOCUMENTARY
would have preferred a series - like documentary.
Like the last ship, and co.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Sizzorkay: 2:14am On Nov 14, 2018
I was talking about those traumatized kids chief, not the adults

LTGEN:

For Security reasons , the women who have been " rescued " are blindfolded , so that they will not give the location upon their release to bh terrorists.
some of them have been "married " to these bh going on two three years as a result their loyalty is suspect, they will be transported and debriefed, the last thing the NA wants is to facilitate an attack on one of its own fobs.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Sizzorkay: 2:18am On Nov 14, 2018
the last ship is in it's 5th Season, it's a tv show, this is a documentary.
Now of course it also depends on how much material the Air force has, otherwise you can only stretch things so far

krattoss:
would have preferred a series - like documentary.
Like the last ship, and co.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 7:05am On Nov 14, 2018
Sizzorkay:
the last ship is in it's 5th Season, it's a tv show, this is a documentary.
Now of course it also depends on how much material the Air force has, otherwise you can only stretch things so far

that series is my greatest series of all times.

I wish nollywood has enough Arsenal's and funds to showcase the prowess of our military excapades and might.

NAF can do it if they want, even if it's just 30 mins.

I learnt the navy is cooking something of that sort. But that news died like pack of cards.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 7:16am On Nov 14, 2018
Sizzorkay:
I was talking about those traumatized kids chief, not the adults

Both the kids and the mother are traumatised already neither an you trust other of them.

You have to do the needful, such a complex war.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (715) (716) (717) (718) (719) (720) (721) ... (2201) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.