Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,330 members, 7,867,947 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 07:50 AM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (904) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3081110 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (901) (902) (903) (904) (905) (906) (907) ... (2204) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Sizzorkay: 8:09pm On May 14, 2019
I get the feeling some people are actually sweating and boiling up with anger on this forum while typing, is it really that serious?
We are chatting hypothetical here, calm down lol.
Okay, Algeria will cruise into Nigerian territory with 4 hrs and whoop us, got it. Yawn, now moving on.
If only wars were cheap or easy.

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by blacKDalia: 8:11pm On May 14, 2019
Lol. Slow your role brother, Algeria vs Nigeria? No any foreign intervention assuming given clean passage through Niger. Still I tell you it's going to be a big logistical nightmare to them. If they amass at our border for how long can they sustain the intensity. I'm also of the opinion that the Nigerian army is not as it use to be but can the Algerian army project its war machine over a very long distance and sustain it? Logistics, logistics bro. I have a big doubt on that.
SupremeCourt:

Did I say it will be easy for Algeria? They will bastardize Nigerian army for sure, but they don't need to have a clear win or get us to surrender.

The problem is our military collapse means we our economy will collapse, foreign investors will leave, bad image for us world over.

USA didn't defeat Vietnam because Vietnam is a communist nation that sold their souls to USSR and China and received massive weapons supply for free, enough weapons to force USA to stalemate.

If Vietnam had not adopted communism, destroy all churches and mosques (which Nigeria cannot do) USSR China Korea will not have supplied billions of dollars worth of weapons for free. Who will dash Nigeria 200 fighter jets and 1,000 tanks against Invaders?

Iraq had no support like Vietnam and the one million man army with thousands of tanks surrendered to USA. Yes, when your enemy beats you and the blood from your nose fills a bottle of beer, you will surrender to stay alive.

USA could not defeat Afghanistan, but USA used that invasion to cripple Afghan economy to bottom of the gutter, no foreign investors wants to invest in Afghanistan where blood flows like water.

That's what war does when you cannot match your attacker, Algeria will not colonize Nigeria, their invasion and upper hand will crush our economy, foreign investors will leave a country that cannot protect itself talk less of saving foreigners.

Problem with you guys here is all of you except 2 or 3 guys, you all cannot see an issue from a bigger picture, you have narrow point of view, and you don't google things up, then you mostly believe you know what you don't know, you just scratch things on surface and argue blindly, never accepting you are wrong even when clearly proved wrong.

Reason I don't hang around here wasting my time, I only come when I want to play with internet from website to website till I get busy with more reasonable things grin
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Xbee007(m): 8:18pm On May 14, 2019
I swear I can never all this stupid argument about Nigeria vs ...

You're killing the thread!

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 8:30pm On May 14, 2019
#COIN
#NA
#NAF EC135
#EVACUATING WOUNDED SOLDIERS.....

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 8:41pm On May 14, 2019
Algeria attacking nigeria grin funny . algerian army cant agress or even have operations outside our borders its an important article of algerian constitution .

Algerian diplomats were kidnapped in 2012 in mali . the terrorist bases were not too far from the Algerian borders and yet, despite the demands
Algerian army refused to bomb their bases. the same for the attack on the gas site by terrorists from Libya in 2013 . the army refused to strike or to send troops to libya near borders to clean the area .

as for the war with Morocco. Algeria was in a defensive position . morocco try to invade a part of algerian territory in 1963 few month of algerian independancy . so its normal .

.even if algeria sent a full brigade (3000 troops, 128 tanks . 670 vehicles . 12 howters ect...) to support egypt in 73 . it took them 13 days .( 12 to 25 october) they arrived the last day of war with cease-fire accords . because egyptian lanched war alone without waiting . + two squadrons mig 21, + one squadron su 7 + one squadron mig 17 that arrived first days of war

Another logistic episode was the match between algeria egypt in sudan 2009 when algerian air force transported 20.000 algerians fans to sudan in less than 48 h .

But attacking a big country like nigeria .200 millions population . Just impossible !

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 9:20pm On May 14, 2019
Algerian1:
Algeria attacking nigeria grin funny . algerian army cant agress or even have operations outside our borders its an important article of algerian constitution .

Algerian diplomats were kidnapped in 2012 in mali . the terrorist bases were not too far from the Algerian borders and yet, despite the demands
Algerian army refused to bomb their bases. the same for the attack on the gas site by terrorists from Libya in 2013 . the army refused to strike or to send troops to libya near borders to clean the area .

as for the war with Morocco. Algeria was in a defensive position . morocco try to invade a part of algerian territory in 1963 few month of algerian independancy . so its normal .

.even if algeria sent a full brigade (3000 troops, 128 tanks . 670 vehicles . 12 howters ect...) to support egypt in 73 . it took them 13 days .( 12 to 25 october) they arrived the last day of war with cease-fire accords . because egyptian lanched war alone without waiting . + two squadrons mig 21, + one squadron su 7 + one squadron mig 17 that arrived first days of war

Another logistic episode was the match between algeria egypt in sudan 2009 when algerian air force transported 20.000 algerians fans to sudan in less than 48 h .

But attacking a big country like nigeria .200 millions population . Just impossible !

c'est fini..

Can we now move on brethren undecided

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 9:34pm On May 14, 2019
Zoharariel:

And Yes! Algeria has taken delivery of the Iskander-E (The export version of the Iskander-M).

Even if there is no official reports of the iskander contract and no pic of the system in algeria ( its not something to show in exercise) . and there is only some russian non official news about thos contract.

but the iskander-E have only 280 km range and max 500 km for russian one version . its nice for a war against near country (morocco for exemple all their major base are in the range) but nigeria is 1000 km from algerian borders . useless

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by ugo4u: 9:38pm On May 14, 2019
Algerian1:

Well laid out like an instructor of military history and tactics. Hopefully this will lay to rest this matter.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Sizzorkay: 9:41pm On May 14, 2019
It's quite sad to call people engaged in a conversation "Assholes", you should grow up, I'm sure you can make your point without insulting people you had not prior issues with. The hell is wrong with some people.

Zoharariel:

Bros, I am 100% in concurrence with your submission.

I swear to Ogun & Sango - Algeria will cripple Nigeria in just 2 weeks.

The assholes you're arguing with don't even know how war works. They think it's about their useless infantry that will be completely obliterated with the "BM-30 Smerch" even before the war begins. grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=St1lbeBkTkc

Invest money on sophisticated & superior weaponry from Russia, No! They would rather buy few useless Helos & Chinese-made Ak-47s. Awon oloriburuku gbogbo.

And Yes! Algeria has taken delivery of the Iskander-E (The export version of the Iskander-M).

https://www.armyrecognition.com/march_2018_global_defense_security_army_news_industry/russian_iskander-e_ballistic_missiles_delivered_to_algeria.html

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 9:53pm On May 14, 2019
Tafilalt 2019 moroccan french exercise .

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by ugo4u: 9:54pm On May 14, 2019
Sizzorkay:
It's quite sad to call people engaged in a conversation "Assholes", you should grow up, I'm sure you can make your point without insulting people you had not prior issues with. The hell is wrong with some people.

The irony of everything is that he don't even know the meat of the arguments b4 jumping into ridiculous conclusion that is awashed with fallacy of red herring.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 10:03pm On May 14, 2019
C130 algeria

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 10:05pm On May 14, 2019
Gazelle tunisian

5 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 10:07pm On May 14, 2019
ARTILLERY M109A5 DRILL Morocco

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SupremeCourt: 1:14am On May 15, 2019
Xbee007:

Its a discussion thread, you too sometimes post comments people dont want to read but they leave you to use your own space on free web. Any discuss you dont like just skip it and post your own, if people find your comment interesting they will join. Habit of forcing people to post only topics you personally want is a stupid mentality in a modern world of free speech.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SupremeCourt: 1:22am On May 15, 2019
blacKDalia:
Lol. Slow your role brother, Algeria vs Nigeria? No any foreign intervention assuming given clean passage through Niger. Still I tell you it's going to be a big logistical nightmare to them. If they amass at our border for how long can they sustain the intensity. I'm also of the opinion that the Nigerian army is not as it use to be but can the Algerian army project its war machine over a very long distance and sustain it? Logistics, logistics bro. I have a big doubt on that.

Nobody said Algeria is coming tomorrow, we are talking of possibility, fact remains that Algerian light utility armoured vehicles need only 4 hours to reach Nigeria, Algerian tanks and ifvs need only 8 hours to reach Nigeria. The wont mass at border, they will roll over us like Germany rolled over France because of wide gap in superiority.

Why cant they sustain 1 hour flight from border to border with their plenty c-130 and ilyushi 76 air cargo transport?

How did Boko Haram sustain war tempo on Nigeria for 6 years without any air force c-130?

If Nigeria cannot do things, does not mean other countries too will fumble, Algeria has more than enough to wreck havoc on us.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SupremeCourt: 2:00am On May 15, 2019
ugo4u:

Bros no matter all the epistle you type, you can't convince me that Algeria to Nigeria is 4 hours on road even if you're using a Ferrari you can't achieve that feat talkmore of moving military heavies in a convoy to attack another country you ain't sharing borders with, it sounds ridiculous na? we ain't talking about air ooo

Bros what will I gain convincing you? I write my facts, I leave you to enjoy ego and ignorance if you choose. Proving points on Nairaland wont increase my monthly salary, its a waste of time.

So all of you cannot google distance calculator and do technical map reading? Distance never depend on who argues better, its geography existing on ground that you and me cannot change.

Algeria to Nigeria shortest distance is border town Niger Republic Assamakka to Birnin Konni, north to south straight line, it's land elevation, vegetation, and topography map shows flat land terrain semi-desert, not heavy sand desert or mountains and rocks that you all imagine in your heads, also there is government paved good road from Assamakka to Birnin Konni for half of the way.

Google Distance Calculator; proves from border Nigeria to border Algeria at shortest point is max 550 km.

Algerian tigr amoured vehicles has speed 140 kmh, with kornet atgm it can destroy anything in Nigerian army. At that speed it takes only 4 hours do reach Nigeria non-stop short 4 hour drive, or why should they stop when no natural barrier exists on that shortest route? I chose to use the max speed, safe way threat is assessed, you look at max capability of opponents, you dont underestimate.

Things dont become impossible because one million people imagine it cant be done. If you tell Nigerians in 1940 that America will land go to space, land a man on the moon, and come back to our planet, Nigerians will say impossible, no man leaves this world and comes back alive, the hot sun will roast him, or he gets lost in space.

It's the reason we cannot build a great country for almost 60 years now, while others nations find it easy.

The pic below is the Niger desert that you all imagine is a hell way impossible to travel full of obstacle crossings that you all created there grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SupremeCourt: 3:01am On May 15, 2019
Algerian1:

Get first point, nobody here said Algeria will attack Nigeria. Get that point clear dont twist my words.

Second, Algeria is not 1,000 km away its 550 km from Nigeria at shortest point border to border. I used accurate google distance calculator.

Population does not mean we cannot be defeated, are the 200 million people all soldiers and all armed for war? Israel with population of 3 million defeated combined Arab nations of 100 million and pursued fleeing Egyptian army almost into Cairo. When a stronger country beats you properly you will run, all your population will run to do refugee across border. Did millions of Nigerian not flee to Chad, Cameroon, Niger when Boko Haram pushed out our army? Why is big population not making Boko Haram to stop attacking us in Borno?

What I said is, no wise country will have Nigeria's money $50 billion forex reserve, and be armed with 43 old 1982 t-72 tanks that have been confirmed by NA to fire twice and gun jam stoppage, till enemy enters our base to blow up our tank.

Nigeria should not sleep at ease with 43 useless half expired t-72 tanks 1970s technology and watch Algerian army loaded with some 400 t-62, 400 t-72, 500 t-90, 300 bmpterminator, 10,000 guided anti-tank missiles, iskander ballistic missiles, s-300 sam, bm-smerch, buratino flame-thrower, 1,000, fauchs afv, 1,000 btr and bmp ifvs all with missiles, now German puma ifv, all 550km away from our border.

I decide to leave Algeria's 50 su-30 flankers with some 2,000 missiles and guided bombs out of the discussion, I want the fools to forget that it's there and talk foolish grin

I said what if they decide in future to attack Nigeria (leave the reason to justify war, Yemen never imagined UAE will invade them today). We are just being human to say we cannot tell the future, so are we prepared to defend against Algeria?

Today Algerian constitution that says no foreign military adventure, but it was not in the law until after some years that they made the law, but what if they change that law in 5 years time?

During Nigerian civil war 1967, one side looked like 100% Christian but the other side was like 50% Christian ~50% Muslim. Algeria took sides and sent us squadron of Algerian air force fighter jets to Muslim side of Nigeria against the fully Christian side, I don't know if Algeria gave us pilots, but we had North African Arab pilots flying those Algerian intervention jets, people said the pilots were Egyptian but Algerian look like Egyptians. There is record of Algerian military heavy weapons being sent by Algeria into Nigeria in a war to kill Nigerians/Biafrans. All the fools here saying Algerian massive weapons stock being used against Nigeria is imaginary impossible nonsense idea, those Nigerian fools that don't read to know Nigerian history in detail, they are the real stupid ones here.

Algerians are nowadays uprising on the streets demonstrating against their government, looks on TV like millions in number, of angry educated adults trooped out, who forced Algerian president out of power just weeks ago!

Algerians are now calling for a change of military doctrine, that is what I read days ago that made me say Nigeria should not sleep while this strange Algeria grows very very powerful just 4 hours away from our border 550km away!

Here is the call for new Algerian military doctrine, what if a new government adopts the change below in 5 years time?

"Algeria’s defense doctrine is outdated — better suited to a Cold War-era security environment than to meeting the security challenges the country faces in the early 21st century, it is imperative that Algeria proceed to update its defense doctrine."

https://www.mei.edu/publications/updating-algerias-military-doctrine

The fools liking your comment do not read wide, not many people are smart in Nigeria, most have more mouth than brain, many are too lazy to read wide.

Also the web link says Algeria has broken the rule of no military force abroad many times, and its a NATO international seminar of experts paper I quoted above, I believe them more than you.

"Second problem is continuation of formal adherence to principle of non-intervention when, in practice, it has been breached. There are numerous instances of Algerian military intervention, as when Houari Boumedienne sent troops to Egypt to defend Nasser regime in 1967 and again in 1973. Algerian troops helped to protect West Saharans who fled advancing Moroccan troops in Western Sahara in 1975-1976. Algerian troops have intervened in Tunisia since 2011, with the full agreement of Tunisian political and military leaders, in an effort to combat radical Islamic groups. Algerian troops also intervened in Mali and Libya to protect Algeria’s borders. Algerian forces directly intervened in Libya, awash with weapons since the fall of the Gaddafi regime, following a terrorist attack on the gas field of Tigentourine at In Amenas."

Common sense is not common, especially in this part of the world, just saying our country should be proactive, you will see 20 people shouting no need, that problems will never reach our side! You be God to predict the years coming ahead? Only a fool assumes the future will always bring peace.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 4:33am On May 15, 2019
ESTABLISHMENT OF 271 NAF DETACHMENT BIRNIN GWARI YIELDS DIVIDENDS AS AIR, GROUND OPERATION NEUTRALIZES 12 ARMED BANDITS, FACILITATES THE RELEASE OF 15 KIDNAP VICTIMS

The establishment of the 271 Nigerian Air Force (NAF) Detachment in Birnin Gwari is yielding steady dividends as air strikes conducted by the Air Task Force (ATF) of Operation DIRAN MIKIYA on 10 May 2019, in liaison with troops of the Detachment, have resulted in the neutralization of 12 armed bandits as well as the release of 15 kidnap victims. The air strikes, which were conducted on the heels of intelligence reports indicating that the armed bandits were camped within the Kamuku Forest area, straddling both Birnin Gwari Local Government Area (LGA) of Kaduna State and Sabuwa LGA of Katsina State, caused the bandits to flee the location in disarray thereby enabling the kidnap victims to escape, with some finding their way to Nacibi, and others to Gobirawa and Dogon Muazu in Birnin Gwari LGA.

The NAF, working in consonance with surface forces and other security agencies, will sustain its operations to flush the bandits out of the Northwest of the Country.

IBIKUNLE DARAMOLA
Air Commodore
Director of Public Relations and Information
Nigerian Air Force
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 4:56am On May 15, 2019
SupremeCourt:

How difficult was it for Boko Haram to make our soldiers run away as they uproot Nigerian army bases, enter NAF base destroy jets and helicopter gunship, capture army barracks and loot our armouries, take over our tanks and use them against us, capture 60 towns and establish caliphate government on land size big as Belgium collecting taxes from Nigerians? We forget so soon? The price we paid for beating our chest proudly with our obsolete weapons? Pride goes before a fall.

Anybody saying one country will never fight another is a fool claiming to be God that knows the future. Algeria fought big war vs its fellow Islamic brother Morocco, they killed one another brutally like cow for suya. You dont fear a man that can kill his own brother?

Algeria vs Nigeria, they are only 4 hours by straight land speed drive to Nigeria on shortest border line to border line, speed and type of vehicle determines time across open lands with no natural barrier to stop them. Algeria needs no permission from Niger Republic to cross their open desert or did Boko Haram get transit visa from Niger and Chad to drive those hundreds of anti-aircraft toyota technicals from Libya to Borno?

Nigeria will fight back and try not to lose, but we will sustain initial very very very heavy army casualties, all our current junk tanks and all armoured vehicles will be destroyed, we will beg for foreign help in disgrace, and then re-arm, then try win back our lost territory. The wide gap between weapons of Algerian army and Nigerian army is too wide a gap, too dangerously wide, thats what we are saying. Our leaders are not wise does not make we followers fools, its a matter of who has privilege to occupy positions of authority in Nigeria.

I just re-wrote what ordinary Boko Haram did to Nigerian army 2014, anybody who says Algeria is weaker than Boko Haram is a fool, a super-fool grin
. which means ISIS is no match for algeria.yet it took the help of the US,UK, Russia, France, turkey,Kurds to fight ISIS in Syria.Even in Mali one of the most militarized zones in the world where more than 10 advance countries like US, Germany,France, Netherland,China, egypt.and other afrAfr brothers like Burkina faso,Ghana, Tanzania,chad.are combatting terrorists.How would it then look like if it's a war with another country.yes Boko Haram not stronger than Algeria but it ain't going to be easy for them

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Xbee007(m): 6:25am On May 15, 2019
SupremeCourt:

Its a discussion thread, you too sometimes post comments people dont want to read but they leave you to use your own space on free web. Any discuss you dont like just skip it and post your own, if people find your comment interesting they will join. Habit of forcing people to post only topics you personally want is a stupid mentality in a modern world of free speech.
That is the problem! This is not a discussion thread!! This is a strictly PHOTOS and VIDEOS only thread with naturally little analysis that follows.

A thread has been created solely for the purpose of DISCUSSION.
Here is the link to the thread: https://www.nairaland.com/1962290/african-militaries-strictly-discussions-thread

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 6:41am On May 15, 2019
Guys please please: let's leave these Algeria vs Nigerian thing, thanks.

Nuba warriors from South Sudan: in a major fire fight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLafeDJ5fwQ

Interesting video to watch
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SupremeCourt: 6:50am On May 15, 2019
Xbee007:

That is the problem! This is not a discussion thread!! This is a strictly PHOTOS and VIDEOS only thread with naturally little analysis that follows.

A thread has been created solely for the purpose of DISCUSSION.
Here is the link to the thread: https://www.nairaland.com/1962290/african-militaries-strictly-discussions-thread

Stop lying mister, both title heading and page 1 first comment says boldy this is a discussion thread, no where does it say just a STRICTLY PHOTO only with little natural analysis.

Quote of first comment page 1 by Bidexiii

"Battle field discussion (picture/video's) of african military;
these is a thread where by we discuss military histories and the harsh realty of war are being shared be it in pictures and video !"

You don't have authority to make the rules on Nairaland to suit your personal wish, you are not a senator lawmaker here.

What of all the discussions without photo that you yourself has done here in past pages I have checked, your STRICTLY PHOTO law does not apply to you? You are a king ruling over everybody else here?

You don't like a topic, ignore it, the habit of ruling over others like Abacha era censorship will not be tolerated by those who value Nigeria's freedom of speech in our democracy that many Nigerians died for on the streets of Lagos killed by guns of past military dictatorship in government. All Nigerians are free now, the price was paid with blood sacrifice of public demonstrators.

Don't push Nigeria back to the dark days of media censorship.

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by ugo4u: 6:52am On May 15, 2019
SupremeCourt:

Get first point, nobody here said Algeria will attack Nigeria. Get that point clear dont twist my words.

Second, Algeria is not 1,000 km away its 550 km from Nigeria at shortest point border to border. I used accurate google distance calculator.

Population does not mean we cannot be defeated, are the 200 million people all soldiers and all armed for war? Israel with population of 3 million defeated combined Arab nations of 100 million and pursued fleeing Egyptian army almost into Cairo. When a stronger country beats you properly you will run, all your population will run to do refugee across border. Did millions of Nigerian not flee to Chad, Cameroon, Niger when Boko Haram pushed out our army? Why is big population not making Boko Haram to stop attacking us in Borno?

What I said is, no wise country will have Nigeria's money $50 billion forex reserve, and be armed with 43 old 1982 t-72 tanks that have been confirmed by NA to fire twice and gun jam stoppage, till enemy enters our base to blow up our tank.

Nigeria should not sleep at ease with 43 useless half expired t-72 tanks 1970s technology and watch Algerian army loaded with some 400 t-62, 400 t-72, 500 t-90, 300 bmpterminator, 10,000 guided anti-tank missiles, iskander ballistic missiles, s-300 sam, bm-smerch, buratino flame-thrower, 1,000, fauchs afv, 1,000 btr and bmp ifvs all with missiles, now German puma ifv, all 550km away from our border.

I decide to leave Algeria's 50 su-30 flankers with some 2,000 missiles and guided bombs out of the discussion, I want the fools to forget that it's there and talk foolish grin

I said what if they decide in future to attack Nigeria (leave the reason to justify war, Yemen never imagined UAE will invade them today). We are just being human to say we cannot tell the future, so are we prepared to defend against Algeria?

Today Algerian constitution that says no foreign military adventure, but it was not in the law until after some years that they made the law, but what if they change that law in 5 years time?

Algerians now uprising on the streets demonstrating against their government, millions of angry educated adults trooped out, forced Algerian president out of power just weeks ago!

Algerians are now calling for a change of military doctrine, that is what I read days ago that made me say Nigeria should not sleep while this strange Algeria grows very very powerful just 4 hours from our border 550km away!

Here is the call for new Algerian military doctrine, what if a new government adopts the change below in 5 years time?

"Algeria’s defense doctrine is outdated — better suited to a Cold War-era security environment than to meeting the security challenges the country faces in the early 21st century, it is imperative that Algeria proceed to update its defense doctrine."

https://www.mei.edu/publications/updating-algerias-military-doctrine

The fools liking your comment do not read wide, not many people are smart in Nigeria, most have more mouth than brain, many are too lazy to read wide.

Also the web link says Algeria has broken the rule of no military force abroad many times, and its a NATO international seminar of experts paper I quoted above, I believe them more than you.

"Second problem is continuation of formal adherence to principle of non-intervention when, in practice, it has been breached. There are numerous instances of Algerian military intervention, as when Houari Boumedienne sent troops to Egypt to defend Nasser regime in 1967 and again in 1973. Algerian troops helped to protect West Saharans who fled advancing Moroccan troops in Western Sahara in 1975-1976. Algerian troops have intervened in Tunisia since 2011, with the full agreement of Tunisian political and military leaders, in an effort to combat radical Islamic groups. Algerian troops also intervened in Mali and Libya to protect Algeria’s borders. Algerian forces directly intervened in Libya, awash with weapons since the fall of the Gaddafi regime, following a terrorist attack on the gas field of Tigentourine at In Amenas."

Common sense is not common, especially in this part of the world, just saying our country should be proactive, you will see 20 people shouting no need, that problems will never reach our side! You be God to predict the years coming ahead? Only a fool assumes the future will always bring peace.
Arm chair General, thank God your not a military officer if not we would have being in a serious problem. That was how Adekunke aka Black scorpion after leading the 3MCDo to numerous victory, travelled to Lagos and was holding press briefing on how he was gonna takeover Owerri ABA Umuahia before Christmas. Only for him to be demystified by Joe Achuzie and Lambert. 21,000 men lost their lives because of one wrong move by a fantastic theatre commander. That was how his role in 3mcdo ended.
So you used a Google map to get the accurate distance from the nearest point btw Algeria and Nigeria, weldone. I don't want to going to the arguments of Algerian Su's and ballistic missiles you've been googling since. Moreover neighboring countries in Nigeria will fold their hands while Algerians role in their tanks. Ibadan to Lagos sef is roughly 2-3hrs.
You're a genius.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SupremeCourt: 7:00am On May 15, 2019
ugo4u:

Arm chair General, thank God your not a military officer if not we would have being in a serious problem. That was how Adekunke aka Black scorpion after leading the 3MCDo to numerous victory, travelled to Lagos and was holding press briefing on how he was gonna takeover Owerri ABA Umuahia before Christmas. Only for him to be demystified by Joe Achuzie and Lambert. 21,000 men lost their lives because of one wrong move by a fantastic theatre commander. That was how his role in 3mcdo ended.
So you used a Google map to get the accurate distance from the nearest point btw Algeria and Nigeria, weldone. I don't want to going to the arguments of Algerian Su's and ballistic missiles you've been googling since. Moreover neighboring countries in Nigeria will fold their hands while Algerians role in their tanks. Ibadan to Lagos sef is roughly 2-3hrs.
You're a genius.

Why don't you quote this reply on my comment that proved Algeria is just 550km and only 4 hours away from Nigeria?

You don't have the courage and sincerity to quote that because I embarrassed you, scientifically proving your ignorance after all your King Kong chest beating braggadocio gringrin

All of you here that cannot read wide, but rather use mouth more than brain, this is the type of open disgrace you will be forced to swallow for attacking those who do proper homework before posting comment.

I ignore your ranting comment posted in defeat, but take this uppercut as a gift from me ; Neighboring countries did not fold arms and look when Boko Haram imported many hundreds toyota mounted anti-aircrafts into Nigeria by driving down here from thousands of kilometers far away Libya, so Chad Niger Cameroon stopped them all for Nigeria 2013-2014, they even stopped Shekau kidnap convoy from removing our 300 Chibok girls out of Nigeria to Cameroon Chad forests.

You are not worth any more teaching, you are a born to fail student my bros.

Insincerity, denial of open truth by most of you here, that's what killed value off this forum, and those of us who believe in good morals don't hang around here swimming inside the pool of lies, dishonesty, disregard for human moral values.

Bros big shame on you, I had to teach you an adult how to Google shortest distance from Nigeria to Algeria, as old as you are bros gringrin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 7:01am On May 15, 2019
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by kenpaul0: 9:00am On May 15, 2019
I cant play this video directly from my browser

SLBMS:
Mr Supreme Court, stop saying crap please. The effect of endemic corruption and inefficiency against an undefined, unseen and unconventional enemy will be less pronounced in a conventional battle space. The Nigerian army, like the Russian army, like the U.S Army is built and trained to fight clearly defined foe, a conventional enemy. Counter intelligence doctrine was created less than a decade ago. The fate that the Soviets in A-STAN Or the Americans in Vietcong or Kenyans or any other group battling insurgency will be non-existent against an outright invading army.

The Nigerian army may have a history of corruption but there is nothing brave and special about terrorists attacking soft targets of opportunity, old defenceless men and women, market women, public gatherings etc. There is nothing regall in hit and run attacks or waiting for weak spots to attack and flee just to create spectacular carnage and make headlines.

Less than %30 of Nigeria's military might is employed against Boko Haram because the vast arsenal of Nigeria's artillery forces and amoured forces are useless against Boko Haram in urban areas and certainly in the vast featureless plains of the North East. Nigeria signed th convention banning the use of cluster munitions...but Boko Haram stormed a weakly defended NAF armoury, kidnapped women and made away with beluga cluster munitions. These munitions were strapped on teenage girls and used against civilian targets. Anyone who thinks terrorists groups are brave rather than cowardly bastards needs to have his head examined.

This is what Hank Cohen had to say about the Nigerian army. He said it. Not me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKSpfh3T6AI

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by kikuyu1(m): 9:45am On May 15, 2019
SupremeCourt:
Algeria just imported few months ago 300 bmpterminator added to 500 t-90 tanks, added to 1,000 ifvs and bmp-2 upgraded full load new guided missiles, new cannons, new night fighting infra red vision and new targeting hardware. We have double their oil and more than double their gas, but their army hardware is 20 times our own, and we think cheap nylon pure water will win us this war? Our lazy journalists keep saying Boko Haram war has killed 20,00 civilians since 2014, the number has not changed, so nobody died since 2014? Everywhere in Nigeria its incompetence galore.

Not enough of you guys have looked at[b] costing![/b] Any weapons system has a buying cost and an operational cost incl maintenance. Eg,The Archer,a high end arty system has a buy cost of 12 mn$ and annual upkeep of 0.6mn$. Bottom line what's your budget? In 2018 you spent 1.9bn$,an increase from 1.6 bn$ previously for 100k in the triservices-all acquisitions of systems,ordanance,ammo etc.etc,operations,.training,pay and welfare come from, this amount.
Its an enormous ask ! The KDOD had a billion dollars in 2017 for our own 30k triservices. I understand the financial situation your brass faces and wonder[b]-how many of you do?[/b]

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SupremeCourt: 10:03am On May 15, 2019
Xbee007:

Dey deceive yourself o !

This thread died silently long time ago when it became repetition of ak-47, dshk toyota technical, alpha jet, copy paste Twitter DHQ alerts of public info, and ugly crumbling NA ancient tanks that make eyes bleed looking at them, same repeats for long 5 years.

All the South Africans left you Nigerians alone to continue repeating same thing forever since Nigerian miltary offers nothing new to show for now. The Southies have a sensible country, millions of white men who set standards their public demands from their goverment, unlike us Nigerians who tolerate and adapt to any crap our government officials subject us to.

Truth dey bitter sha o. I am not against anybody who wants to live on this forum 24/7, it's his own life not mine, I no complain, they can award titles of regular poster and major contributor to themselves, it will increase their GTB balance when they check bank account with ATM gringrin

7 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SupremeCourt: 11:50am On May 15, 2019
Sizzorkay:

Why are you challenging him? I have been called weed smoker, stupiid felow, senseless man here many times in unprovoked attacks by people I have no prior issues with, I never saw you challenge them for insulting me without cause. You see, that spirit of selective 'justice' and padi padi that you people do here, is a symbol of the rottenness of Nigeria as a whole, same thing your leaders use to wreck your lives and cheat you.

You, I pity those who agree with you to mess up Nigerian social media, they dont check your profile to see that you have run away overseas when the mess of Nigeria tire you. You dare not in in your America or whatever place go on an American forum in Oyinbo land and tell somebody to stop commenting on a discuss you dont like, they will flush your black azz out of their forums for challenging freedom of speech.

What you cannot do in America, you come here many times and do it, and make Nigeria an insane society, and some fools here support you blindly while you mess up where they live but you enjoy freedom of speech in USA where you live. Shame on you bro.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 12:03pm On May 15, 2019
SupremeCourt:

Why are you challenging him? I have been called weed smoker, stupiid felow, senseless man here many times in unprovoked attacks by people I have no prior issues with, I never saw you challenge them for insulting me without cause. You see, that spirit of selective 'justice' and padi padi that you people do here, is a symbol of the rottenness of Nigeria as a whole, same thing your leaders use to wreck your lives and cheat you.

You, I pity those who agree with you to mess up Nigerian social media, they dont check your profile to see that you have run away overseas when the mess of Nigeria tire you. You dare not in in your America or whatever place go on an American forum in Oyinbo land and tell somebody to stop commenting on a discuss you dont like, they will flush your black azz out of their forums for challenging freedom of speech.

What you cannot do in America, you come here many times and do it, and make Nigeria an insane society, and some fools here support you blindly while you mess up where they live [b]but you enjoy freedom of speech in USA [/b]where you live. Shame on you bro.
who told u there is freedom of speech in America undecided

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (901) (902) (903) (904) (905) (906) (907) ... (2204) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 132
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.