Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,350 members, 7,868,023 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 09:11 AM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (905) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3081176 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (902) (903) (904) (905) (906) (907) (908) ... (2204) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by blacKDalia: 12:16pm On May 15, 2019
You keep saying Nigerians this, Nigerians that, thank God you are the only intelligent Nigerian on this thread. I think we would have to advice the C-in-C to appoint you as the new army chief. I bet in 45 minutes BH will be decimated, or would you invite Algeria? I would have loved to reply you with further analysis but like a typical Nigerian nairalander you have resorted to insults.Hold on to your assumptions and enjoy them as much as you want. On a thought I don't see any reason for this discussion. Meanwhile enjoy your stay here.
SupremeCourt:

Get first point, nobody here said Algeria will attack Nigeria. Get that point clear dont twist my words.

Second, Algeria is not 1,000 km away its 550 km from Nigeria at shortest point border to border. I used accurate google distance calculator.

Population does not mean we cannot be defeated, are the 200 million people all soldiers and all armed for war? Israel with population of 3 million defeated combined Arab nations of 100 million and pursued fleeing Egyptian army almost into Cairo. When a stronger country beats you properly you will run, all your population will run to do refugee across border. Did millions of Nigerian not flee to Chad, Cameroon, Niger when Boko Haram pushed out our army? Why is big population not making Boko Haram to stop attacking us in Borno?

What I said is, no wise country will have Nigeria's money $50 billion forex reserve, and be armed with 43 old 1982 t-72 tanks that have been confirmed by NA to fire twice and gun jam stoppage, till enemy enters our base to blow up our tank.

Nigeria should not sleep at ease with 43 useless half expired t-72 tanks 1970s technology and watch Algerian army loaded with some 400 t-62, 400 t-72, 500 t-90, 300 bmpterminator, 10,000 guided anti-tank missiles, iskander ballistic missiles, s-300 sam, bm-smerch, buratino flame-thrower, 1,000, fauchs afv, 1,000 btr and bmp ifvs all with missiles, now German puma ifv, all 550km away from our border.

I decide to leave Algeria's 50 su-30 flankers with some 2,000 missiles and guided bombs out of the discussion, I want the fools to forget that it's there and talk foolish grin

I said what if they decide in future to attack Nigeria (leave the reason to justify war, Yemen never imagined UAE will invade them today). We are just being human to say we cannot tell the future, so are we prepared to defend against Algeria?

Today Algerian constitution that says no foreign military adventure, but it was not in the law until after some years that they made the law, but what if they change that law in 5 years time?

During Nigerian civil war 1967, one side looked like 100% Christian but the other side was like 50% Christian ~50% Muslim. Algeria took sides and sent us squadron of Algerian air force fighter jets to Muslim side of Nigeria against the fully Christian side, I don't know if Algeria gave us pilots, but we had North African Arab pilots flying those Algerian intervention jets, people said the pilots were Egyptian but Algerian look like Egyptians. There is record of Algerian military heavy weapons being sent by Algeria into Nigeria in a war to kill Nigerians/Biafrans. All the fools here saying Algerian massive weapons stock being used against Nigeria is imaginary impossible nonsense idea, those Nigerian fools that don't read to know Nigerian history in detail, they are the real stupid ones here.

Algerians are nowadays uprising on the streets demonstrating against their government, looks on TV like millions in number, of angry educated adults trooped out, who forced Algerian president out of power just weeks ago!

Algerians are now calling for a change of military doctrine, that is what I read days ago that made me say Nigeria should not sleep while this strange Algeria grows very very powerful just 4 hours away from our border 550km away!

Here is the call for new Algerian military doctrine, what if a new government adopts the change below in 5 years time?

"Algeria’s defense doctrine is outdated — better suited to a Cold War-era security environment than to meeting the security challenges the country faces in the early 21st century, it is imperative that Algeria proceed to update its defense doctrine."

https://www.mei.edu/publications/updating-algerias-military-doctrine

The fools liking your comment do not read wide, not many people are smart in Nigeria, most have more mouth than brain, many are too lazy to read wide.

Also the web link says Algeria has broken the rule of no military force abroad many times, and its a NATO international seminar of experts paper I quoted above, I believe them more than you.

"Second problem is continuation of formal adherence to principle of non-intervention when, in practice, it has been breached. There are numerous instances of Algerian military intervention, as when Houari Boumedienne sent troops to Egypt to defend Nasser regime in 1967 and again in 1973. Algerian troops helped to protect West Saharans who fled advancing Moroccan troops in Western Sahara in 1975-1976. Algerian troops have intervened in Tunisia since 2011, with the full agreement of Tunisian political and military leaders, in an effort to combat radical Islamic groups. Algerian troops also intervened in Mali and Libya to protect Algeria’s borders. Algerian forces directly intervened in Libya, awash with weapons since the fall of the Gaddafi regime, following a terrorist attack on the gas field of Tigentourine at In Amenas."

Common sense is not common, especially in this part of the world, just saying our country should be proactive, you will see 20 people shouting no need, that problems will never reach our side! You be God to predict the years coming ahead? Only a fool assumes the future will always bring peace.

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by blacKDalia: 12:17pm On May 15, 2019
You keep saying Nigerians this, Nigerians that, thank God you are the only intelligent Nigerian on this thread. I think we would have to advice the C-in-C to appoint you as the new army chief. I bet in 45 minutes BH will be decimated, or would you invite Algeria? I would have loved to reply you with further analysis but like a typical Nigerian nairalander you have resorted to insults.Hold on to your assumptions and enjoy them as much as you want. On a thought I don't see any reason for this discussion. Meanwhile enjoy your stay here.

SupremeCourt:

Get first point, nobody here said Algeria will attack Nigeria. Get that point clear dont twist my words.

Second, Algeria is not 1,000 km away its 550 km from Nigeria at shortest point border to border. I used accurate google distance calculator.

Population does not mean we cannot be defeated, are the 200 million people all soldiers and all armed for war? Israel with population of 3 million defeated combined Arab nations of 100 million and pursued fleeing Egyptian army almost into Cairo. When a stronger country beats you properly you will run, all your population will run to do refugee across border. Did millions of Nigerian not flee to Chad, Cameroon, Niger when Boko Haram pushed out our army? Why is big population not making Boko Haram to stop attacking us in Borno?

What I said is, no wise country will have Nigeria's money $50 billion forex reserve, and be armed with 43 old 1982 t-72 tanks that have been confirmed by NA to fire twice and gun jam stoppage, till enemy enters our base to blow up our tank.

Nigeria should not sleep at ease with 43 useless half expired t-72 tanks 1970s technology and watch Algerian army loaded with some 400 t-62, 400 t-72, 500 t-90, 300 bmpterminator, 10,000 guided anti-tank missiles, iskander ballistic missiles, s-300 sam, bm-smerch, buratino flame-thrower, 1,000, fauchs afv, 1,000 btr and bmp ifvs all with missiles, now German puma ifv, all 550km away from our border.

I decide to leave Algeria's 50 su-30 flankers with some 2,000 missiles and guided bombs out of the discussion, I want the fools to forget that it's there and talk foolish grin

I said what if they decide in future to attack Nigeria (leave the reason to justify war, Yemen never imagined UAE will invade them today). We are just being human to say we cannot tell the future, so are we prepared to defend against Algeria?

Today Algerian constitution that says no foreign military adventure, but it was not in the law until after some years that they made the law, but what if they change that law in 5 years time?

During Nigerian civil war 1967, one side looked like 100% Christian but the other side was like 50% Christian ~50% Muslim. Algeria took sides and sent us squadron of Algerian air force fighter jets to Muslim side of Nigeria against the fully Christian side, I don't know if Algeria gave us pilots, but we had North African Arab pilots flying those Algerian intervention jets, people said the pilots were Egyptian but Algerian look like Egyptians. There is record of Algerian military heavy weapons being sent by Algeria into Nigeria in a war to kill Nigerians/Biafrans. All the fools here saying Algerian massive weapons stock being used against Nigeria is imaginary impossible nonsense idea, those Nigerian fools that don't read to know Nigerian history in detail, they are the real stupid ones here.

Algerians are nowadays uprising on the streets demonstrating against their government, looks on TV like millions in number, of angry educated adults trooped out, who forced Algerian president out of power just weeks ago!

Algerians are now calling for a change of military doctrine, that is what I read days ago that made me say Nigeria should not sleep while this strange Algeria grows very very powerful just 4 hours away from our border 550km away!

Here is the call for new Algerian military doctrine, what if a new government adopts the change below in 5 years time?

"Algeria’s defense doctrine is outdated — better suited to a Cold War-era security environment than to meeting the security challenges the country faces in the early 21st century, it is imperative that Algeria proceed to update its defense doctrine."

https://www.mei.edu/publications/updating-algerias-military-doctrine

The fools liking your comment do not read wide, not many people are smart in Nigeria, most have more mouth than brain, many are too lazy to read wide.

Also the web link says Algeria has broken the rule of no military force abroad many times, and its a NATO international seminar of experts paper I quoted above, I believe them more than you.

"Second problem is continuation of formal adherence to principle of non-intervention when, in practice, it has been breached. There are numerous instances of Algerian military intervention, as when Houari Boumedienne sent troops to Egypt to defend Nasser regime in 1967 and again in 1973. Algerian troops helped to protect West Saharans who fled advancing Moroccan troops in Western Sahara in 1975-1976. Algerian troops have intervened in Tunisia since 2011, with the full agreement of Tunisian political and military leaders, in an effort to combat radical Islamic groups. Algerian troops also intervened in Mali and Libya to protect Algeria’s borders. Algerian forces directly intervened in Libya, awash with weapons since the fall of the Gaddafi regime, following a terrorist attack on the gas field of Tigentourine at In Amenas."

Common sense is not common, especially in this part of the world, just saying our country should be proactive, you will see 20 people shouting no need, that problems will never reach our side! You be God to predict the years coming ahead? Only a fool assumes the future will always bring peace.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SupremeCourt: 12:20pm On May 15, 2019
kikuyu1:

Not enough of you guys have looked at[b] costing![/b] Any weapons system has a buying cost and an operational cost incl maintenance. Eg,The Archer,a high end arty system has a buy cost of 12 mn$ and annual upkeep of 0.6mn$. Bottom line what's your budget? In 2018 you spent 1.9bn$,an increase from 1.6 bn$ previously for 100k in the triservices-all acquisitions of systems,ordanance,ammo etc.etc,operations,.training,pay and welfare come from, this amount.
Its an enormous ask ! The KDOD had a billion dollars in 2017 for our own 30k triservices. I understand the financial situation your brass faces and wonder[b]-how many of you do?[/b]

Thanks, I see your valid point, but we Nigerians know our country. Let me inform you, we pay our military extra-budgetary funds specially for weapons procurement and also we give them free equipment by transfer. Navy gets many gunboats from NIMASA and cash from NNPC, foreign oil companies too pay them. Navy gets big ships frigate size as gift from USA and China gave large boat. Navy got 300 new gunboats free NNPC donation in 2006-2008 to fight Niger Delta militants.

Air force got many free helicopters from NIMASA and NNPC.

Army gets cash and gifts of food and other civilian materials supply from states, local govts. Army also gets cash from CBN extra. Army also gets donation of weapons from USA, UK, Italy, Germany, Spain, Holland, etc.

NNPC is our government oil company. CBN is our government bank.

They got so many extra hardware, including advanced radars our army got from Germany, heavy mortars from Britain, anti-IED equipment for mine clearing from EU, medical equipment from EU, MRAPs from USA. Germany also gave army like 3 Gazelle helicopters armed. So many donations of hardware and material supplies they get free.

On top of that we gave them extra $2 billion for new weapons alone in 2014. Then 2015 Buhari released emergency fund $500 million to military for urgent equipment purchase. We gave air force special deposit over $300 million for super tucano.

Now they want another $1 billion for weapons and senate complained that the $2 billion extra cash of 2014 the military has not yet explained how it was spent before asking for another billion dollars.

An army general went on TV to show one tavor rifle as proof of why they need $1 billion for a $2,000 rifle we already bought in thousands years ago and added like 15,000 Beryl rifles on top that we bought already, so why tavor again? He said plus other things, what other things? Senate got no clear detailed list of what army will buy with this billion dollars, so the money is delayed as we hear, I dont know how far.

The army has no strategic plan for modernization or improvement, they just want the cash in billions and in dollars! Now are we mad to keep paying them like we dont have common sense?

I agree with you archer arty can cost millions but we dont need artillery, we have much already, we need good tanks and army has no plan for tanks, they are busy opening vehicle manufacturing plant to export armoured vehicles all over Africa in 2030, which army is into that big complex business in this world?

The $2 billion of 2014, they bought 43 t-72 second hand near expired with jamming gun that breaks down in combat, those tanks value is under $80 million out of two billion, so what of the remaining $1.92 billion?

They should have bought 100 new t-90 for $400 million and we still have surplus change aplenty, and new tanks gun will not jam like old cargo. They bought no bmp ifv as some people say we need ifv here daily saying.

Now in addition to all the above, government normal annual defence budget cashed out to military for capital expenditure average per year $500 million in addition to all the free materials, weapons, and special cash.

So 2000 to 2019, our normal cash budget for only weapons procurement estimates at $10 billion !!!

Please show me weapons Nigerian military bought for $10 billion in 2000 to 2019 Nigeria spent more than half of the $15 billion Algeria spent on weapons only from 2006 to 2019 so we should have more than half of what they have for weapons. Why is the gap in available weapons so wide a margin between Nigeria and Algeria, that is the BODMAS mathematics that we need our military to explain to us with proof. grin grin grin

14 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by GabrielYulaw(m): 12:36pm On May 15, 2019
SupremeCourt:

Thanks, I see your valid point, but we Nigerians know our country. Let me inform you, we pay our military extra-budgetary funds specially for weapons procurement or we give them equipment transfer. Navy gets many gunboats from NIMASA and cash from NNPC, foreign oil companies too. Navy gets big ships frigate size as gift from USA and China gives large boats. Navy got 300 new gunboats free NNPC donation in 2006-2008 to fight Niger Delta militants.. Air force got many free helicopters from NIMASA and NNPC. Army gets cash and gifts of food and other civilian materials supply from states, local govts. Army also gets cash from CBN extra. Army also gets donation of weapons from USA, UK, Italy, Germany, Spain, Holland, etc.

NNPC is government oil company. CBN is government bank.

So all these are extra hardware even advanced radars our army got from Germany, and heavy mortars from Britain, MRAPs from USA. Germany also gave army like 3 or so Gazelle helicopters armed. So many donations of hardware and material supplies they get free.

On top of that we gave them extra $2 billion for weapons alone in 2014. Then 2015 getting to power Buhari released emergency fund $500 million or so to military for urgent equipment purchase. We gave air force special deposit over $300 million for super tucano.

Now they want another $1 billion for weapons and the senate complained that the $2 billion extra cash of 2014 the military as not yet explained how it was spent before asking for another billion dollars.

An army general went on TV to show one tavor rifle as sample of why they need $1 billion for a rifle we already bought in thousands and added like 15,000 Beryl rifles on top, so why tavor again? He said plus other things, what other things? Senate got no clear detailed list of what army will buy with this billion dollars, so the money is delayed as we hear, I dont know how far.

The army has no strategic plan for modernization or improvement, they just want the cash in billions and in dollars! Now are we mad to keep paying them like we dont have common sense?

I agree with you archer can cost millions but we dont need artillery we have much already, we need good tanks and army has no plan for tanks, they are busy opening vehicle manufacturing plant to export armoured vehicles all over Africa in 2030, which army is into that huge business in this world?

The $2 billion of 2014, they bought 43 t-72 second hand near expired with jamming gun that breaks down in combat, those tanks value is $80 million out of two billion, so what of the remaining $1.92 billion? They should have bought 100 new t-90 for $400 million and we still have change aplenty, and new tanks will not jam like old cargo. They bought no bmp ifv as some people say we need ifv here daily complaining.

Now in addition to all the above, government annual defence budget cashed out to military capital expenditure average per year $500 million per year in addition to all the free materials, weapons, and extra cash.

So 2000 to 2019, our normal cash budget for only weapons procurement estimates at $10 billion !!!

Please show me weapons Nigerian military bought for $10 billion in 2000 to 2019 That is more than half of the $15 billion Algeria spent on weapons only from 2006 to 2019. Why is the gap in available weapons so wide a margin between Nigeria and Algeria, that is the BODMAS mathematics that we need our military to explain to us with proof. grin grin grin

Three thumbs up my guy!!! Anytime I go online and compare Nigerian military equipment with countries like Egypt and Algeria, I get a king-sized headache.
It boggles the mind how the Nigerian military loves to waste money by buying very outdated equipment for many times the cost of newer and advanced ones. Truth is Nigeria don cast. The military has no plans for the future beyond asking for budget increases and ensuring that the funds disappear into private pockets.
Keep up the good work!!!

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SupremeCourt: 1:10pm On May 15, 2019
blacKDalia:

Bros, I like you style of cowardice ; "emm emm hmmmn, I for answer you wit reply you dis small boy, but I am very busy now watching Chelsea vs Arsenal, the match will enter injury time and extra time and penalty shoot out, so I am busy for the next 12 hours, or else I would have replied you and tearr you into pieces, abi you don't know me? eh?"

I know your style, Mr. Coward gringrin
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 2:53pm On May 15, 2019
EGYPTIAN ELITE FORCES WITH SIG-552 WITH SPECIAL BINOCULARS

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 2:57pm On May 15, 2019
Battalion Commander, Two Soldiers Killed By Roadside Bomb Buried In Borno .

http://saharareporters.com/2019/05/15/battalion-commander-two-soldiers-killed-roadside-bomb-buried-borno

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 2:59pm On May 15, 2019
NA GUARDS BRIGADE

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Seened: 4:59pm On May 15, 2019
Interesting

Ghana cracks down on "Western Togoland" separatist dream

https://news.yahoo.com/ghana-cracks-down-western-togoland-separatist-dream-042459200.html

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by GabrielYulaw(m): 6:55pm On May 15, 2019
bidexiii:
EGYPTIAN ELITE FORCES WITH SIG-552 WITH SPECIAL BINOCULARS

Binoculars or scope? And what is the essence of attaching such a bulky unit on a carbine rather than a sniper rifle? Methinks it looks like an infra red detector.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Sizzorkay: 7:54pm On May 15, 2019
This man be talkative.
With all due respect, i think you are mental.
people, check my previous comments about people being insulted unwarranted, I made it clear , many times, it was uncalled for, if not deserved. Comments are still on here, search for it if you want.
Freedom of speech? That doesn't mean freedom from consequence, i respect anyone's right to comment, insulting people without cause is what i disagree with, that's too hard for you to understand? Why do you rant so much? Mr "I don't defend", check my past comments, you will see how foolishly wrong you are. Why can't people have such debate without insults? It's odd, even up till now I'm not mad at you, but you seem worked up for some reason, why is that? It's nairaland , calm down, not like someone is paying you to comment on here lol, why the aggression.
Everyone is entitled to their opinion, when SLBM was insulted here, i made clear it was uncalled for, even though I've had my own disagreements with him.
Please bro, take your pills.
I run go America? lol, that's odd, being here since i was a teenager, wasn't my call, but it's my second home now, if that pisses you off, hug a transformer. I won't justify myself to a nobody, an insane one for that matter. This is me saying you are not the kind of person I'd respect, because there's something mentally wrong with you.
SupremeCourt:

Why are you challenging him? I have been called weed smoker, stupiid felow, senseless man here many times in unprovoked attacks by people I have no prior issues with, I never saw you challenge them for insulting me without cause. You see, that spirit of selective 'justice' and padi padi that you people do here, is a symbol of the rottenness of Nigeria as a whole, same thing your leaders use to wreck your lives and cheat you.

You, I pity those who agree with you to mess up Nigerian social media, they dont check your profile to see that you have run away overseas when the mess of Nigeria tire you. You dare not in in your America or whatever place go on an American forum in Oyinbo land and tell somebody to stop commenting on a discuss you dont like, they will flush your black azz out of their forums for challenging freedom of speech.

What you cannot do in America, you come here many times and do it, and make Nigeria an insane society, and some fools here support you blindly while you mess up where they live but you enjoy freedom of speech in USA where you live. Shame on you bro.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 7:57pm On May 15, 2019
PRESS RELEASE

NIGERIAN ARMY REMAINS RESOLUTE IN FIGHTING TERRORISM IN NIGERIA

The Chief of Army Staff (COAS), Lieutenant General Tukur Yusufu Buratai has on Tuesday, the 14th of May, 2019 emphatically stated that Nigerian Army personnel, under his leadership, despite occasional hitches, - will never be deterred in the ongoing just war against terrorism in Nigeria.

General Buratai stated this at the Maimalari Military Cantonment Cemetery, Maiduguri Borno State while laying to rest the remains of the patriotic officer and two soldiers who paid the supreme sacrifice while on clearance operations along Mauli-Borgozo axis on Monday, the 13th of May, 2019.

The late Lieutenant Colonel Yusuf Ibrahim Aminu was the Commanding Officer (CO), of 154 Task Force Battalion Borgozo. He was on a clearance operation along Mauli- Borgozo when his vehicle climbed on a buried Improvised Explosive Device which detonated resulting in losing his life and that of 2 other soldiers while others were wounded in action.

Commiserating with the family of the deceased, the COAS used the opportunity to again commend the efforts of the entire troops of Operation Lafiya Dole in the war on terror and charged them to remain steadfast, more committed and professional for the sake of Nigeria.

The sacrifices of all the deceased officers and soldiers of the NA is no doubt painful to all, but that will further ginger the serving gallant troops to do more to ensure that the nation remains secure and peaceful.

Present at the solemn occasion were the Chief of Training and Operations 'Army', Major General Lamidi Adeosun, Theatre Commander OPERATION LAFIYA DOLE, Major General Benson Akinroluyo, Corp Commander Engineers, Major General John Malu, Acting General Officer Commanding 7 Division, Brig Gen Abdulmalik Bulama Biu, Corps Commander Supply and Transport, Major General Victor Offiong, Principal Staff Officers from Army Headquarters, Theatre Command and HQ 7 Division amongst others.

SAGIR MUSA
Colonel
Acting Director Army Public Relations
14 May 2019
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Iblawi1: 8:16pm On May 15, 2019
Nigeria to Algeria is 550km away? Seriously, wondering if some people attended geography class.

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Iblawi1: 8:17pm On May 15, 2019
Sorry, I forgot the person typing is an accountant.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Sizzorkay: 8:19pm On May 15, 2019
But we can solve this once and for all, let's just rob Algeria, I mean, we already have an inside man, here on nairaland grin grin
People gotta learn to have debates without raising their blood pressure lol, it ain't that complicated. I come here to have fun with my brethren, not get into drama, i don't do crazy.
Ferrari is faster than Lamborghini...... "No it's not, you idiot".
See, that's not how to have a conversation. It's mad childish.
If you think one country is more powerful than another, lay down your case, others will lay down theirs and you compare and contrast lol, why pop a vein over that? Not like na my papa be the President. Sheet
Now moving on.

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 9:45pm On May 15, 2019
Well....
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 11:34pm On May 15, 2019
The Chief of Army Staff, Lt. Gen. Tukur Yusuf Buratai on Wednessday said the army has strong evidence against politicians sponsoring bandits, kidnapping and other forms of criminality in the country.

Lt. Gen. Buratai stated this while receiving the Chairman House Committe on the Army after visiting Maimanlari cementary to honor fallen heros in Maiduguri on Wednessday.

He said: ''The myraid of security challenges we are facing right now in the northwest, north central and other parts of the country, I want to believe and rightly so that it is a fallout of the just concluded general election.

"There are political class intrests, politicians in particular who saw their defeats as a way of trying to revenge, sponsoring these criminal activities even the bandits, the farmers and herders.

"There are strong political undertones and strong political influnces including (in these) kidnappings.

"We use this opportunity to call on the chairman house committee on army to prevail on some of these politicains, to really look at national intrest first, before any political or sectional intrest.

"We have some strong evidence but we are still being conscious so that we don't get it wrong but the best is to advice these politicians.

"The threat by boko haram is quite real, they have been dealt with but they are still much around. In terms of their various soft target attacks on some military locations, right now Boko haram terrorists are on the run but because of the resilient nature of terrorism they are always trying to score points to shows that they are much around."

http://saharareporters.com/2019/05/15/defeated-politicians-2019-elections-sponsoring-bandits-herdsmen-revenge-says-buratai
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SupremeCourt: 2:11am On May 16, 2019
BabaOwen:
The Chief of Army Staff, Lt. Gen. Tukur Yusuf Buratai on Wednessday said the army has strong evidence against politicians sponsoring bandits, kidnapping and other forms of criminality in the country.

Lt. Gen. Buratai stated this while receiving the Chairman House Committe on the Army after visiting Maimanlari cementary to honor fallen heros in Maiduguri on Wednessday.

He said: ''The myraid of security challenges we are facing right now in the northwest, north central and other parts of the country, I want to believe and rightly so that it is a fallout of the just concluded general election.

"There are political class intrests, politicians in particular who saw their defeats as a way of trying to revenge, sponsoring these criminal activities even the bandits, the farmers and herders.

"There are strong political undertones and strong political influnces including (in these) kidnappings.

"We use this opportunity to call on the chairman house committee on army to prevail on some of these politicains, to really look at national intrest first, before any political or sectional intrest.

"We have some strong evidence but we are still being conscious so that we don't get it wrong but the best is to advice these politicians.

"The threat by boko haram is quite real, they have been dealt with but they are still much around. In terms of their various soft target attacks on some military locations, right now Boko haram terrorists are on the run but because of the resilient nature of terrorism they are always trying to score points to shows that they are much around."

http://saharareporters.com/2019/05/15/defeated-politicians-2019-elections-sponsoring-bandits-herdsmen-revenge-says-buratai

Is it only me that can't understand the self-contradictory language here? A careful way of saying both yes and no at the same time?

We the army have dealt with (I guess in Nigeria English it means defeated them, or what?) Boko Haram so they are on the run but very much around killing us in their own systematic way.

I think a small smart super mobile guerilla style enemy will be very content with being being on the run as in guerilla style and same time being very much around enough for us to admit it.

My opinion is, Boko Haram is still playing their own game according to their own plan, we have not won or defeated them, their IED just killed our gallant Lt. Colonel.

My guess, DHQ degraded BHT to near death. FGN millions of dollars ransom paid for Chibok girls release resurrected Boko back to life till now.

5 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SupremeCourt: 2:45am On May 16, 2019
Sizzorkay:
But we can solve this once and for all, let's just rob Algeria, I mean, we already have an inside man, here on nairaland grin grin
People gotta learn to have debates without raising their blood pressure lol, it ain't that complicated. I come here to have fun with my brethren, not get into drama, i don't do crazy.
Ferrari is faster than Lamborghini...... "No it's not, you idiot".
See, that's not how to have a conversation. It's mad childish.
If you think one country is more powerful than another, lay down your case, others will lay down theirs and you compare and contrast lol, why pop a vein over that? Not like na my papa be the President. Sheet
Now moving on.

It's 4th time I see you shouting here- somebody has high blood pressure here, well it's actually you, I can prove it.

1. You, only you keep repeating it.

2. We are on internet, the only blood pressure you can measure is yours not other people's​ B.P.

3. Blood pressure is much more common with obese fat people, your profile photo shows you are in obesity of serious fatness grin

4. Your fatty blood boiled so much yesterday you had to delete the comment of @Zoharariel who wrote a powerful comments that Algeria with wipe out Nigeria with bi-annual rockets. Your American Yahoo 419 life fraudulently deleted a comment you cannot defeat in a debate.

5. Confirmed - the only high pressure exploding bloody veins here are those in your own obese fat body my brother grin Kikikikikikkikkikgrin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SupremeCourt: 2:53am On May 16, 2019
Iblawi1:
Nigeria to Algeria is 550km away? Seriously, wondering if some people attended geography class.

Prove them wrong, they have proved you wrong with Google Distance Calculator, so leave your mouth, use your brain to prove your geography here bro. grin

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Sizzorkay: 3:50am On May 16, 2019
x
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Sizzorkay: 4:03am On May 16, 2019
So now I'm a thief? This guy truly have mental problem, i deleted someone's comment? Where did that happen? Who is @zoharriel? Because last i checked, the only forum i go to is here, i don't have twitter, Instagram or even facebook accounts.
See your life, calling me 419, you stooped that low? that's sad kid. If your parents raised you well, you will know to never accuse someone you don't know of such, that's truly insane of you to call me that.
I mean, convo went from military matters to you calling me a thief? damn. I feel sorry for the lady who bore you.
SupremeCourt:

4[b]. Your fatty blood boiled so much yesterday you had to delete the comment of @Zoharariel who wrote a powerful comments that Algeria with wipe out Nigeria with bi-annual rockets. Your American Yahoo 419 life fraudulently deleted a comment you cannot defeat in a debate.[/b]

5. Confirmed - the only high pressure exploding bloody veins here are those in your own obese fat body my brother grin Kikikikikikkikkikgrin

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 6:00am On May 16, 2019
HOUSE COMMITTEE ON ARMY VISITS HEADQUARTERS THEATRE COMMAND OPERATION LAFIYA DOLE

The Chairman House of Representatives Committee on Army, Honourable Rimamnde Shawulu Kwewum on Wednesday, 16 of May 2019, led other members of the House Committee on an oversight function to the Headquarters, Theatre Command, Operation Lafiya Dole at Maimalari Cantonment Maiduguri, Borno State.

On arrival, the Honourable members proceeded to Maimalari Military Cantonment Cenotaph and Cemetery, where they paid respect/tribute to the patriotic troops of Operation Lafiya Dole, who made the supreme sacrifice in the fight against terrorism in the North Eastern part of Nigeria.

Also, the House Committee members commiserated with the Chief of Army Staff (COAS), Officers and Soldiers of the Nigerian Army (NA) over the loss of the gallant men. The Chairman, on behalf of the members, expressed condolences to all the personnel of Operation Lafiya Dole, especially the families of the fallen heroes. He commended the efforts and successes of the military in the conduct of the operation inspite of the occasional setbacks.

According to him, "the committee deems it necessary to visit the Theatre at a time like this, to enable members get first hand and true situation and challenges been faced in the war against terrorism, as well as to see the conditions of the troops in the front lines in order to have a better ground for a realistic and objective legislative presentation to support the course of the military in the North East".

The members were briefed by the COAS Lieutenant General Tukur Yusufu Buratai on the operational challenges and strategies employed in the recent operations particularly the ones done in conjunction with the Multinational Joint Task Force (MNJTF) Operation YANCIN TAFKI and HARD STRIKE which are still ongoing.

Lieutenant General Buratai appreciated the Committee for their support to the NA and further solicited for speedy legislative action on all matters concerning the request for acquisition of more hardware to enable the military perform optimally in the war against the remnants of terrorists in the North East Zone.

As part of the activities lined up for the visit, the honourable members were conducted to a visit to 7 Division Medical Services and Hospital in Maiduguri to see wounded troops that are receiving treatment at the facility. They also visited the Operation Lafiya Dole 107 Equipment Support Workshop to see the devastating impact of Improvised Explosive Devices on armoured and soft skin vehicles.

Earlier before the arrival of the Committe, the COAS had commissioned the new office extension block constructed by the Theatre Command Headquarters to provide more conducive office accommodation for its officers and other departments within the Theatre Command.

SAGIR MUSA
Colonel
Acting Director Army Public Relations
16 May 2019

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 6:43am On May 16, 2019
C130 algeria. Yesterday pics

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 6:46am On May 16, 2019
Super Lynx Mk-130 [Rescue] . algerian navy

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 6:47am On May 16, 2019
Paratroopers BIP morocco

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 10:28am On May 16, 2019
BabaOwen:

This is the most incompetent COAS in the world. Very soon this yeye man that have only served in the Nigerian army all his life but owns two properties in Dubai will tell us that MC oluomo, Asari dokubo, Tompolo and Nnamdi kanu are the people sponsoring armed bandits grin

Politicians are the ones sponsoring armed bandits and boko haram, who is stopping the security agencies from arresting them

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SupremeCourt: 1:06pm On May 16, 2019
Sizzorkay:
So now I'm a thief? This guy truly have mental problem, i deleted someone's comment? Where did that happen? Who is @zoharriel? Because last i checked, the only forum i go to is here, i don't have twitter, Instagram or even facebook accounts.
See your life, calling me 419, you stooped that low? that's sad kid. If your parents raised you well, you will know to never accuse someone you don't know of such, that's truly insane of you to call me that.
I mean, convo went from military matters to you calling me a thief? damn. I feel sorry for the lady who bore you.

See you pouring river of saliva on your laptop, I said it, you are the Obese one with boiling blood high B.P. I am cool calm kikkikkigrin

I caught you red handed deleting @zoharriels comment that agreed with me, so I called you 419 because you did fraud, to delete a powerful comment that agreed with me, so it could be only me saying what I say, that's unfair like Yahoo scam, see your dressing in your profile photo, real hussler looks, not clean type.

You don't insult people? You do, using words like "I pity the lady that bore you" in this your comment you insulted my mother stylishly, that's how you do it and claim Holy Pope grin

I am a tough lawyer, I don't need crowd, I am trained stand alone to prove 100 people wrong with evidence.

2017 I was the only one who said Nigeria's tokunbo t-72 tanks are falling apart and BHT will soon find anti-tank to blow it up so NA needs t-90 soonest, but all of you here ganged up against me saying no, NA t-72 tanks are good, SupremeCourt is wrong, idiott, stupiid, he has no military knowledge, professional soldier Captain Stephen said our t-72 are good he is posting comment from inside t-72 now! grin

2018 my prediction turned your crowd of 20 to the biggest fools on Nairaland, Boko Haram anti-tank blew up our t-72 in Metele, exactly as I predicted, our tokunbo tank was beheaded with it's own cook off ammo, then Metele soldiers posted YouTube video confirming all I said to be 100% accurate, Nigerian t-72 gun only fires only twice then jam with stoppage, reason Boko Haram killed some 150 soldiers in Metele, destroyed mrap, innoson truck, looted base, and probably got our 40 barrel rockets later fired on Maiduguri. How I wish 'professional' soldier Captain Stephen was inside t-72 tank at Metele when Boko Haram visited base with anti-tank grin

That's how bad it gets for a country where people always lie to themselves, insincerity, hatred of truth and the truth teller, padi padi life joining liars to continue filling forum with lies. A good lawyer is conscience of society. I stand always where I see it is right to stand, 20 people disagree, I don't care gringrin

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by pacretus(m): 2:07pm On May 16, 2019
SupremeCourt:

See you pouring river of saliva on your laptop, I said it, you are the Obese one with boiling blood high B.P. I am cool calm kikkikkigrin

I caught you red handed deleting @zoharriels comment that agreed with me, so I called you 419 because you did fraud, to delete a powerful comment that agreed with me, so it could be only me saying what I say, that's unfair like Yahoo scam, see your dressing in your profile photo, real hussler looks, not clean type.

You don't insult people? You do, using words like "I pity the lady that bore you" in this your comment you insulted my mother stylishly, that's how you do it and claim Holy Pope grin

I am a tough lawyer, I don't need crowd, I am trained stand alone to prove 100 people wrong with evidence.

2017 I was the only one who said Nigeria's tokunbo t-72 tanks are falling apart and BHT will soon find anti-tank to blow it up so NA needs t-90 soonest, but all of you here ganged up against me saying no, NA t-72 tanks are good, SupremeCourt is wrong, idiott, stupiid, he has no military knowledge, professional soldier Captain Stephen said our t-72 are good he is posting comment from inside t-72 now! grin

2018 my prediction turned your crowd of 20 to the biggest fools on Nairaland, Boko Haram anti-tank blew up our t-72 in Metele, exactly as I predicted, our tokunbo tank was beheaded with it's own cook off ammo, then Metele soldiers posted YouTube video confirming all I said to be 100% accurate, Nigerian t-72 gun only fires only twice then jam with stoppage, reason Boko Haram killed some 150 soldiers in Metele, destroyed mrap, innoson truck, looted base, and probably got our 40 barrel rockets later fired on Maiduguri. How I wish 'professional' soldier Captain Stephen was inside t-72 tank at Metele when Boko Haram visited base with anti-tank grin

That's how bad it gets for a country where people always lie to themselves, insincerity, hatred of truth and the truth teller, padi padi life joining liars to continue filling forum with lies. A good lawyer is conscience of society. I stand always where I see it is right to stand, 20 people disagree, I don't care gringrin

Mr theorist, Stop trying to make yourself "known " by repeating what we already know. Go out there make yourself useful and save us the stress of reading your irrelevant posts.
Irrelevant because
* they proffer no solutions
* They are known facts
*You have no military pictures to post
*Nigeria is too smart to fight with any country. Not even Benin republic( this you know very well).

So debating and writing long posts on Nigeria vs Algeria, makes you look very S tupid.

Please stop it(My sincere Advice).

6 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Sizzorkay: 2:23pm On May 16, 2019
Once again, not a very smart man, heck you're not even sane.
Please explain how one delete comments made by someone else on twitter, i would love an explanation about that, given the fact that i do not even have a twitter account.
Unless na me own twitter or the account, how can that happen? Any lawyer worth a dime would know never to make false accusations , but i guess ethics isn't part of what you were taught in law school? lol, you made my day, for real. grin grin
You are an irrelevant, but your rants surely were interesting.
Hustler look? A guy chilling in his living room is a hustler and a 419? Oh boy, you are demented .Maybe it's my beard, no worry now, i go shave am soon . grin grin
When people have nothing intelligent to say and couldn't stay on topic, they go on personal attacks, your insecurity is showing kid.
Lawyer? Now i just feel sorry for Naija, a real lawyer would know better.
This was about military matters grin grin.
But like i said, proof the things you've accused me of. A real man would , start with that twitter handle i do not have, post it here, when i deleted this imaginary comment etc, go on.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Sizzorkay: 2:25pm On May 16, 2019
I do apologize to everyone for even responding to this loon, for real, sorry for the derailment, hard to believe what i was reading undecided. My bad.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Texman21: 2:29pm On May 16, 2019
SupremeCourt:

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (902) (903) (904) (905) (906) (907) (908) ... (2204) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 164
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.