Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,928 members, 7,863,276 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 02:17 PM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (995) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3076468 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (992) (993) (994) (995) (996) (997) (998) ... (2204) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 10:08pm On Sep 09, 2019
grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by blacKDalia: 10:14pm On Sep 09, 2019
nemesis8u:
grin

You really got me cracking. Some shit about to explode. Lol.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by rka2: 10:19pm On Sep 09, 2019
nemesis8u:
INS Tarkash visit to Lagos

Some more. With NN ships and coss-deck landings.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by rka2: 10:23pm On Sep 09, 2019
VBSS by teams of both navies.

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Covert1: 10:27pm On Sep 09, 2019
keep2silent:

I avoided direct argument with you because I notice you are not a soldier from your writings, but I am a soldier, so we are not the same. Why argue with you?

I didn't advocate tactics that you strangely name 'kinetic means of warfare', I advocated proper motorized infantry AFV IFV instead of our weaker APC, soft skin Jeep doctrine, for our new Super Camp offensive adopted over defensive formations. You don't get it, NA actually started 'kinetic means', but it's called- Combined Arms Offensive.

What I advocated is called ORBAT or OOB not 'kinetic means' as you wrongly called it. There's different between soldier and civilian. You can't understand depth I had in mind with that wish, it's technically beyond you my fellow countryman. Have a pleasant signal silent night.

You avoided direct argument but here u are arguing, I no fit laugh. Just look at what you wrote wannabe soldier. Maybe u look up the meaning of kinetic means as a doctrine of warfare. An ORBAT is designated for an entire army. While kinetic is battle or theater specific. Wetin me and all this ''I too know'' dey do here grin

The Nigerian Army has a mix of light armoured, armoured and soft skinned vehicles not palatable to many but realistically you go to war with the Army you have not the Army you might want. It will take years to fully meet all requirements and no Army has that luxury. Pls stop this whining of AFV, IFV, APC it is right up there in the field perhaps not in adequate numbers to go round the attack columns but it's there, maybe u need glasses to see it. As far back as the civil war Nigeria has had motorized units, mechanized units, amphibious units, paratroopers u name it the whole hog of combat elements needed for engagement. The Nigerian army is not a paper tiger. If u need help go to the Nigerian Army website, there's enough basic info.

Besides we are not in a conventional dig that requires a calvary to run through thin defensive lines to gain ground which is why you see the Army going for more MRAPs the ideal for CT/COIN. CT/COIN is a slow affair

And it's a disgrace if you are a soldier at least not a Nigerian soldier which saves us much embarrassment.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by rka2: 10:28pm On Sep 09, 2019
NNS Centenary with NN & IN personnel.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 10:36pm On Sep 09, 2019
grin
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Texman21: 11:39pm On Sep 09, 2019
nemesis8u:
grin
i smell RAW agents in that pic

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 1:43am On Sep 10, 2019
komekn:

The very heavy and unacceptable casualty rate of the NA can be explained primarily by the overwhelming use of soft skinned vehicles.

We send our highly prized special forces combatants on very expensive training courses across the globe.

Then when they return we stick them in the back of a soft skinned pick up right in the heart of the kill zone.

I am not sure if the NA has a definitive IFV.
Am sure we're eating the same dummy bread that made the UK deploy SAS on pink panthers!!
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 1:44am On Sep 10, 2019
komekn:

I didn't even know the sten gun was still in service by anybody.

One if the things I find very disheartening is the complete and total lack of knowledge of our oversight national legislative committees exercise of compliance and accountability with what's going on in the south East.

South East?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 1:46am On Sep 10, 2019
nemesis8u:

I hope u heard the news uncle Bob died !

I am going to miss his quotes embarassed
grin its not news at all. He's been "dead" for a while, his heart only caught up.

His quotes will be missed too grin

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 1:47am On Sep 10, 2019
keep2silent:

I avoided direct argument with you because you are not a soldier from your writings, but I am a soldier, so we are not the same by orientation.

I didn't advocate tactics you strangely name 'kinetic means of warfare', I advocated proper Motorized Infantry AFV, IFV instead of our weaker APC, soft skin Jeep doctrine, for our new Super Camp offensive adopted over defensive formations. You don't get it, NA actually started​ 'kinetic means', but it's called- Combined Arms Offensive.

What I advocated is called ORBAT or OOB not 'kinetic means' as you wrongly called it. There's different between soldier and civilian, but we are all Nigerians. You won't understand depth I had in mind with that wish, it's technically beyond you my fellow countryman. Have a pleasant signal silent night.
grin he'd argue to death with you
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by keep2silent: 2:23am On Sep 10, 2019
Odunayaw:
grin he'd argue to death with you

Oh really? I didn't​ know! Before it gets worse I better remain @keep2silent.

Goodbye country people. Enjoy yourselves. Take life easy.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 4:56am On Sep 10, 2019
nemesis8u:
INS Tarkash visit to Lagos

Nice pictures @nemesis8u

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 4:59am On Sep 10, 2019
OPERATIONAL VISIT: CAS RESTATES NAF’s COMMITMENT TO ENSURING A SECURED NIGERIA, CHARGES PERSONNEL ON DISCIPLINE, RESPECT FOR HUMAN RIGHTS

The Chief of the Air Staff (CAS), Air Marshal Sadique Abubakar, has charged Nigerian Air Force (NAF) personnel on the need to remain resolute and dedicated to their constitutional responsibility of securing Nigeria and Nigerians, working in synergy with sister Services of the Armed Forces and other security agencies. He gave this charge today, 9 September 2019, in an interactive session with NAF personnel of units in Lagos and Ibadan areas held at the Sam Ethnan Air Force Base Ikeja during his operational visit to Lagos. Air Marshal Abubakar also reminded the personnel to ensure that their actions are undertaken within the ambits of extant laws as well as in compliance with the need to respect the rights and liberties of citizens. The interactive session was aimed at keeping the personnel informed about the policy direction of the NAF while also receiving feedback and suggestions from them on how to move the Service forward for effective and efficient service delivery.

While in Lagos, the CAS, who was received by the Air Officer Commanding Logistics Command (AOC LC), Air Vice Marshal Abdulganiyu Olabisi, also inspected some ongoing projects in the Base and was briefed on the progress of work on the in-country Periodic Depot Maintenance (PDM) of C-130H aircraft, NAF 913, at the 631 Aircraft Maintenance Depot (631 ACMD). The CAS, while interacting with the joint NAF/Pakistan Air Force (PAF) Team undertaking the project, expressed satisfaction with the pace and quality of the job, which commenced in May 2019. He noted that completion of the job would enhance NAF’s airlift capability thereby adding considerable value to its efforts in the war against terrorism and other forms of criminality in the Country. The CAS urged the NAF technicians to take full advantage of the in-country conduct of the maintenance to acquire skills required to conduct future PDM on their own. He also appreciated the PAF Team for reactivating some of the Unit’s broken down equipment and teaching NAF personnel how to use them. The CAS, who was accompanied on the visit by Principal Staff Officers and other senior officers from Headquarters NAF, has returned to Abuja.

IBIKUNLE DARAMOLA
Air Commodore
Director of Public Relations and Information
Nigerian Air Force

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 5:01am On Sep 10, 2019
More...

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 5:02am On Sep 10, 2019
Conclusion...

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 5:13am On Sep 10, 2019
Today we celebrate Major General Letam Wiwa (Rtd).

General Letam is the younger brother of slained Ogoni writer and envirnmentalist Ken Saro-Wiwa.

He was the former Director of military intelligence before his retirement and till today remains the highest ranking military officer of Ogoni extraction.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 5:14am On Sep 10, 2019
#EA MI-17V-5

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 5:22am On Sep 10, 2019
#EA
GREAT FOOTAGE DURING THE LOADING OF SMART BOMBS TO A DASSAULT RAFAEL MULTTI-ROLE FIGHTER JET.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 5:25am On Sep 10, 2019
Photos of a rear #EA rear and front command of Mig multi-role fighter jet.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 5:35am On Sep 10, 2019
Egyptian army system Zsu-23-4 m4

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by EVarn(m): 6:29am On Sep 10, 2019
Major General Joseph Okunbor(Rtd.) died some days ago in a hospital abroad. He was former Director of policy, DHQ, Chief of logistics and Nigerian Army Provost Marshal, amongst other positions.

He later founded a chamber of military law after his retirement at Ibadan, along Akobo road.

Personally knew the man, a very eccentric and jovial man, whose political ideas really inspired me for a time.

RIP gallant soldier. Hopefully the family values you more in your absence than in your presence.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by komekn(m): 7:21am On Sep 10, 2019
Odunayaw:
South East?

Mistake NORTH EAST
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by komekn(m): 8:15am On Sep 10, 2019
Odunayaw:
Am sure we're eating the same dummy bread that made the UK deploy SAS on pink panthers!!

This is a very serious topic. We are not discussing Call of duty on PS4.

I may have misconstrued your tongue and cheek reference to the Pink panthers and it hit a wrong painful chord with me. I apologise profusely.

The Pink panthers are a relic of WW2 but the genesis of the Snatch Land-rover (mobile coffins) which was deployed in Afghanistan. It had protection from light arms and some limited protection from IED'S but over all wholly inadequate.

37 British service men died in those " Snatch Land-rover vehicles , there was a parliamentary enquiry, public and political national outcry at the highest levels. As a consequence the vehicle was totally retired and has been for over a decade.

It was the fore runner that birthed the MRAP and other variant vehicles from the same theme. The British army now uses the Jackal, Ocelot, Foxhound, Buffalo, as we as other LAV like the Panther. There is also a whole range Of IFV's and much improved to deal with IED's.

However, the pertinent issue is the national outcry about the loss of combatants because of inadequate equipment. 37 soldiers died. In 2013 the supreme court allowed families to sue the MOD for compensation for thier children lost in battle. A parent tookit even further demanding an apology. All the family received compensation from.the MOD.

This whole outcry and the value placed on very precious human life and gallant soldiers. Caused the entire top brass to sit up or be sacked and face prosecution for wilful negligence on account of the loss of combatants lives. Again consider the number 37 soldiers died. And see the response.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-40958686

Now let's make a comparison this about our moral Swanland national conscience.

Compare the multitude of Toyota gun trucks, Toyota Hi lux, Ford Rangers and Innoson ( Chinese assembled) pick trucks. To the mobile coffins that changed the fave of the entire British army and which is better.

Now consider the number of our highly prized combatants that have lost thier lives because of poor protection in these pick up trucks and other not fit for purpose armoured and light skinned vehicles. Why do you think Boko ambushes are so painfully successful against us .

But then look at ourselves how Perverse are we ❓ we said NOTHING and we did NOTHING. Our big belle Legislative houses failed comprehensively in thier oversight function. The media failed and we as a people failed.

I have been to Abuja and watched our Senator demand for bullet proof armoured land cruiser and similar to ride around the relative serenity of Abuja. While our highly prized gallant soldiers go into the combat zone on soft skinned vehicles. Do you know how many billions of Naira is spent on armoured vehicles for our politicians. And how much on.our soldiers. I could talk about the CORRUPTION that under pins our military procurement. But that's for another day.

We have FAILED me included our brothers, sons, uncles, Fathers and sometimes daughters mothers who wear the uniform to protect the nation. They have no voice and when the speak out they are welcomed with court martial.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 9:28am On Sep 10, 2019
keep2silent:

Oh really? I didn't​ know! Before it gets worse I better remain @keep2silent.

Goodbye country people. Enjoy yourselves. Take life easy.
grin Better still just choose who to give attention to
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 9:33am On Sep 10, 2019
komekn:

This is a very serious topic. We are not discussing Call of duty on PS4.

I may have misconstrued your tongue and cheek reference to the Pink panthers and it hit a wrong painful chord with me. I apologise profusely.

grin I know you wouldn't pass an opportunity to write a novel.

However I am telling you like I told you many months ago and is evident from pictures here that SF use whatever "vehicle" seem fit for the type of ops.

If you had time to type this you can also have time to understand FAVs/Light Trucks and their role in SF ops.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by GabrielYulaw(m): 2:42pm On Sep 10, 2019
Odunayaw:
grin I know you wouldn't pass an opportunity to write a novel.

However I am telling you like I told you many months ago and is evident from pictures here that SF use whatever "vehicle" seem fit for the type of ops.

If you had time to type this you can also have time to understand FAVs/Light Trucks and their role in SF ops.

The guy made pertinent observations, so show some respect. As for our SF using the vehicle that's best for the purpose, that's pure hyperbole. They make do with thin-skinned and unamoured vehicles purely cos armored ones are not available. No one on his right mind would desire to ride around the IED-rife and ambush-ridden north east in a Toyota Hilux.

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by GabrielYulaw(m): 2:47pm On Sep 10, 2019
bidex111:
Egyptian army system Zsu-23-4 m4
Hello! We have quite a few of these in our inventory, do you know if we use them in an anti-personnel role?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 4:36pm On Sep 10, 2019
GabrielYulaw:

The guy made pertinent observations, so show some respect. As for our SF using the vehicle that's best for the purpose, that's pure hyperbole. They make do with thin-skinned and unamoured vehicles purely cos armored ones are not available. No one on his right mind would desire to ride around the IED-rife and ambush-ridden north east in a Toyota Hilux.
The French SF riding in LandCruisers in Mali is hyperbolic too? They lost their minds when they ditched their panhard VBLs for freaking land cruisers?

Do you understand the employment of SF before shrieking Armor Armor? Pictures are on here of the boys riding MRAPs & even BTRs based on mission requirement

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by GabrielYulaw(m): 5:08pm On Sep 10, 2019
Odunayaw:
The French SF riding in LandCruisers in Mali is hyperbolic too? They lost their minds when they ditched their panhard VBLs for freaking land cruisers?

Do you understand the employment of SF before shrieking Armor Armor? Pictures are on here of the boys riding MRAPs & even BTRs based on mission requirement
The French in Mali and our people here cannot be compared. Those guys are thorough professionals who are armed to the yansh. More importantly they have air cover and situational awareness via drones and satellite data. The possibility of their being ambushed are very slim. The case is not the same here.
By the way, since armor is useless why not enlist, go through special forces training and show us pictures of you and your squad mates gallivanting all over the north east in a Volkswagen beetle.

9 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 5:19pm On Sep 10, 2019
GabrielYulaw:

The French in Mali and our people here cannot be compared. Those guys are thoroughly professionals who are armed to the yansh. More importantly they have air cover and situational awareness via drones and satellite data. The possibility of their being ambushed are very slim. The case is not the same here.
By the way, since armor is useless why not enlist, go through special forces training and show us pictures of you and your squad mates gallivanting all over the north east in a Volkswagen beetle.
Kai, stop this dancing about. The US SF ambushed at Tongo Tongo weren't armed to the yansh or didn't have access to eyes in the sky?

Don't resort to emotions when you can't hold up a good point.
If the first thing that flies into your head when you hear SF is Armored vehicles you have no business quoting me

(1) (2) (3) ... (992) (993) (994) (995) (996) (997) (998) ... (2204) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.