Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,047 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:48 AM

Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun (108561 Views)

The Mayor Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Ibos On Planned Biafra Protest In Lagos / Senate President, Bukola Saraki Reads Riot Act On Unremitted Funds / Amaechi Begs For Forgiveness, Sues For Peace During Guber Poll (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (41) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by Nobody: 7:35am On Apr 06, 2015
lagos is not iboland.... Igbos should go back to their lands and vote whoever they wish to vote for..

God bless you rilwan
Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by OROSUNBOLB(m): 7:35am On Apr 06, 2015
otipoju:
The first law I learnt on the streets is that no matter how strong you are or how well you can fight, you do not look for trouble away from home, you can defend yourself and quickly find an escape route if need arises.

1. You do not know the nooks and crannys of a strange land.

2. If wahala start and you are outnumbered as surely you will be, how do you escape.

So since these guys have more to loose in potential income and possible destruction of goods if trouble starts, it is not wise to go against your hosts in any form..it is common sense.

And really the Oba has a point, can his people go across the Niger and start telling their hosts that it is no mans land...take it or leave it, it is really disrespectful and no good can come out of it.

Even other Yoruba tribes that are not indegenes of Lagos know their boundaries and limitations.

When Mbu came and started flexing muscles, it did not take long for him to adjust...

What you can't take dont try to give.

You talk about common sense as if it is common. Our brothers from across the Niger have never shown they have it! If APC loses lagos because of their actions or inactions,it will be too hot for them to live in lagos again. Believe it or not,that threat is real.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by awesomeness(f): 7:36am On Apr 06, 2015
Osezzua:
I don't agree with d Oba, he surely doesn't have any right to force his idea of preferred candidate on the ibos. If Nigeria is truly one, he shouldn't threaten them with their places of origin
Ok, just like how Ibos will allow Yorubas or Hausas to determine for them in their own land (SS&SE) as to who governs them right? I trust Ibos anyways. Who will dare?
Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by BRAV0O(m): 7:36am On Apr 06, 2015
Normality:
Lol

It doesn't change the fact that Nigeria is burning down soon.
My brothers, anybody burn ur shop, go to his house and burn it.

Anybody kills ur child, kill his child too. brother for brother.

if agberos mess up there, come here let me organize Aba and Onitsha agberos for u, these ones here know no joy, they don't send anybody born of man, they will burn Lagos down and that Oba will weep like a child.

Fellow Biafrans you are heroes, we aint cowards. scatter the face of anything that slaps ur face, anyone draws ur ear, cut his off.

I used to be a peace loving man, but zoological republic of Nigeria and the monkeys and baboons not forgetting the dogs that would have been soaked in their blood had the terrorist lost, only understand violence, and violence they must see all their life time.

For Chukwu Abiama is ur God and he is with you all Biafrans, fear no one, Freedom is coming soon.
oga live story grin grin see ur mouth u won burn lagos down from ur 12k tecno tab ba ? grin we no ur type #ode!

2 Likes

Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by Sportay: 7:36am On Apr 06, 2015
;DHmm
Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by austinbrown: 7:36am On Apr 06, 2015
This man is a fool

1 Like

Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by mmbm1819(m): 7:36am On Apr 06, 2015
even if he threatens from now till tomorrow only cowards will be scared real niggas like me don't pay attention to threats mr oba tout

1 Like

Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by SirShymexx: 7:36am On Apr 06, 2015
luvmijeje:

I love your confidence. Personally, I'm torn between the two..... Both of them have impress me so far.

Can you see why I said women should never be allowed to hold sensitive position now due to poor judgement and decision making? You don't understand politics, do you?

This is a great opportunity for Lagos to enjoy a lot of goodies from the center by aligning with it for soft landing - why go against the grain by even contemplating voting for the opposition party?

You lot shouldn't mess things up for Lagos, else we shall extend the seven days ultimatum to women as well loool. Jk jk

The King is pissed looooool.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by Nobody: 7:37am On Apr 06, 2015
OROSUNBOLB:

You talk about common sense as if it is common. Our brothers from across the Niger have never shown they have it! If APC loses lagos because of their actions or inactions,it will be too hot for them to live in lagos again. Believe it or not,that threat is real.

So if Ambode loses on Saturday, it would be because of Igbo votes?
Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by prospero15(m): 7:37am On Apr 06, 2015
Pls was that a riot act...his advisers shud warn him about making unreasonable statements..he shud watch his statements..
Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by smokeyupu(m): 7:37am On Apr 06, 2015
Alcatraz001:

Ok ooooo, dem dey tell una now,una no wan hear....if e start to set na ibos go lose pass oooo.U can't defeat a man in his home!
THIS IS INDEED SHOCKING AND DISAPPOINTING COMING FROM A SO CALLED ROYAL FATHER. HE CANNOT THREATEN LAW ABIDING / TAX PAYING NIGERIANS RESIDING IN LAGOS JUST BECAUSE HE WANTS TO "JEUN SOKE". APC DON CHOP THE PRESIDENCY SO LET CHANGE ALSO TAKE PLACE IN LAGOS SO THAT THE CHANGE CAN GO ROUND.

2 Likes

Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by Tonason: 7:37am On Apr 06, 2015
dre11:

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/?p=113029

Hehe hehe. Sir with all due respect. You have crossed the line. Power belongs to God. You are not the owner of LAGOS. The Earth is the Lords and its fullest. Because of your treat I tell you Jimi will surely win. I and my family, my workers, my friends, my relatives, my associates will vote Jimi come rain come shine. Let me see that Heaven that will fall. Jimi we know, Jimi we will vote. We need change in LAGOS, abi no be soo?

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by polazi(m): 7:37am On Apr 06, 2015
Hit like if u tink d oba is possessed!!.. Power blongs 2 God, touch nat my anointed nd do my prophet no harm.. GBAM!!. Msg sent

14 Likes

Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by searay(m): 7:37am On Apr 06, 2015
Those who leave in glass house should not throw stone. This is not coming from an Oba
Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by shortgun(m): 7:37am On Apr 06, 2015
I pray d oba didn't say that..

1 Like

Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by chibwike(m): 7:38am On Apr 06, 2015
What fashola did to most lagosians...is still fresh in our memory..he demolished houses, shops and dashed people's hope...tbh if the election is free and fair...Agbaje will win..we also want change in lagos...that oba is just spewing trash.

2 Likes

Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by kakakent: 7:38am On Apr 06, 2015
In dis 21st century nd they said he z educated I thought we re in a democracyyyyy now dis is outright crap oba d people gats vote who dey av in mind pls manage nd enforce d socitetal norms nd be a good custodian of yoruba culture dat is ur job even d ancestors knw dat not to threaten pple with death dat ur threat won't even wrk cos d gods re just besides agbaje z not an igbo

1 Like

Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by JUBILEE2000: 7:38am On Apr 06, 2015
Unfortunately, the oba fails to understand that you CANNOT intimidate an Igbo man. Dare an Igbo man at your own peril!!!

10 Likes

Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by Nobody: 7:38am On Apr 06, 2015
Nawao, threaten them with death if they dont vote for your candidate, chai, this is called demonstration of craze...........Fela Kuti undecided

4 Likes

Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by Nobody: 7:38am On Apr 06, 2015
loloabbey:
Am yoruba man why oba of lagos treating the ibos, oba should learned from Jonathan down fall. That statement can make ambode to loss election. And also oba of lagos should emulate awujale who told president Jonathan that oba cannot imposed candidate on his people because both indigenes and non indigenes ave there choice thanks

Exactly, I am for ambode, but truth be told, he needs not make this threat. It may stir up trouble for ambode. Some igbos who don't like being threatened may decide to vote for jimi Agbaje to see if they will die.YOU KNOW SAY WE TOO LIKE TAKE RISK cheesy cheesy.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by harrisconsult1(m): 7:38am On Apr 06, 2015
[That is the more reason I would implore all Igbo citizen in lagos to vote for Jimi Agbje . You don't make such senseless threat in a democratic nation. I would also tell Ambode to hold the Oba responsible for such senseless statement by a highly respected man. Please let's vote wisely and our choice of cndidate without considering any intimidation of any from aall those highly placed miscreantsm God bless Nigerian God bless Lagos State. quote author=dre11 post=32393027]

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/?p=113029
[/quote]
Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by zicoraads: 7:39am On Apr 06, 2015
VolvoS60:

^^^^
There is no such thing. Nigeria isn't (officially at least) a feudal entity.

It is in the interest of the Oba of Lagos that this matter is cleared up immediately - a confirmation, denial, clarification or retraction is necessary. Silence is not an option.

The previous Emir of Gwandu (rtd. Major Mustapha Jokolo) made a habit of making incendiary statements against the FG while he was on the throne. What eventually happened? He was deposed and exiled. The propriety of the treatment meted out to Jokolo is a debate for another day - the point I am making is that traditional rulers in Nigeria are not omnipotent. If they were, the British wouldn't have been able to overrun large swathes of what is now known as Nigeria to plant the British flag.
Well, I guess this sums it all up. What some of them need is an education.

2 Likes

Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by joshuajunior(m): 7:39am On Apr 06, 2015
Imagine! How can an Oba dictate who to vote for...The constitution provides right to vote and its one of the fundamental human right. I am just surprised by some comments of yoruba people here. Its just uncalled for. Power belongs to God. Mr Oba your threat cannot hold water. Tell the pastors who prophesied that Jonathan will win but God disapointed them. Oba watch your back if truly you made that comment.

3 Likes

Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by elder116: 7:39am On Apr 06, 2015
Ayus34:

I don't need to start exchanging words with u.take it or not,so many emirs in the north have said worst than that,foolish brain like u should understand that the Oba is intuned with realities and understand the atrocities yeebos has caused us in Lagos,and Yoruba land in general,so he need not to pretend but come out straight......with or without oba.....anything to silent and destroy you guys is highly welcome. . ..u hatred u have for other tribe should be thrown back to u......the next administration need to formulate harsh policy against the yeebos in Lagos .....and possibly destroy their means of livelihood,afterall most of you guys business are fake and substandard products that even affect and destroy innocent lives......the Chinese can take over the business while we help u to locate ur village!

So them no tell you say the day Igbos go home hunger go kill both u and your Oba. lazy folks. The harsh policies Fashola made could not kill an ant instead God blessed the Igbos continuously. I think the problem of the SW is nothing but envy and wickedness. You guys are tribalistic and saboteurs, clothed with life of pretence and eye-service.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by Ayus34(m): 7:39am On Apr 06, 2015
aguiyi:

A dog is always known for backing and often times that backing is supported by other dogs. You and the oba are 2 of a kind and that would be if the oba made this kind of comment

You will not hear a learned man say or support this kind of demented comments.

Show proof of an emir making this kind of threat or forever keep quiet.
if u like say anything you like about my personality or the Oba.....that's ur headache, maybe they said this or not ,an average Yoruba man now know where a typical Igbo man belong and my decisions is not influenced by the oba....yeebos should not be shown love in any serious nation or society that want to keep their moral and grow,they must be hated and possibly pelted with stones,coz they re very dangerous than any other tribe in Nigeria. ......their statements during the last election here on nairaland and other forum justify that. .....they need to be paid back in their own coin. ....educated or not that's ur palaces!
Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by slap1(m): 7:39am On Apr 06, 2015
Looks like the Igbo are giving the king a good headache.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (41) (Reply)

Abba Kyari's Last Statement Before His Death / Fatima Buhari Becomes 4th Wife To Gimba Yau Kumo / Radio Biafra And Nnamdi Kanu: A Threat to Nigeria's Stability.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.