Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,697 members, 7,816,850 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:47 PM

Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun (108552 Views)

The Mayor Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Ibos On Planned Biafra Protest In Lagos / Senate President, Bukola Saraki Reads Riot Act On Unremitted Funds / Amaechi Begs For Forgiveness, Sues For Peace During Guber Poll (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (41) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by jogojogo: 7:46am On Apr 06, 2015
jcmaiah:
The man is ranting! Unfortunately, he has given Igbos a good reason not to support his candidate! So he thought Igbos fidget over rants by some ceremonial head? Sorry to disappoint him, he will do no nothing!
Just as he is not ready to beg, We too are not afraid to teach him a lesson of his life.

I do not think those threats from the Oba are empty after all. Please do not risk it.
Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by slap1(m): 7:46am On Apr 06, 2015
Ayus34:

yeebos should not be shown love in any serious nation or society that want to keep their moral and grow,they must be hated and possibly pelted with stones,coz they re very dangerous than any other tribe in Nigeria. ......their statements during the last election here on nairaland and other forum justify that. .....they need to be paid back in their own coin. ....educated or not that's ur palaces!
How do you breathe with so much hatred lodged deep inside you?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by MayorofLagos(m): 7:46am On Apr 06, 2015
CoCoLav:
This is a sick thread with sickening comments!
Imagine people actually supporting the Oba in his threats and weak attempt at intimidation.
For chrissakes we are in a democracy and you can't fvcking threaten somebody to vote your preferred candidate even if he is living in your land. That's the whole essence of democracy.
You guys should try to be objective in your reasoning, what is wrong is wrong, don't turn a blind eye because it aligns with your views or cos it favours you.

Mbu was not posted to zone 2 in respect of democracy. He was brought in as a enabler to repeat Obanikoro shenanigans in Ekiti.

In his first week in zine 2 Mbu went around threatening and issuing intimidations, with promise of death!

Do you Ibos think we Yorubas are stuck at the level of political blindness that you find difficult to come out of?

We see and hear....and we take note!

You need others to embrace spirit of democracy when you are at disadvantage but when the wind of favor is on your side its because of your superior achievements.

Well use your supetiority to free yourself from this calamity bind.

3 Likes

Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by OdenigboAroli2: 7:46am On Apr 06, 2015
holyeye1989:
HE SAID HE IS A BASTARD...OMG

bloody basta.rd oba

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by Scatterboss(m): 7:47am On Apr 06, 2015
oneeast:
General we are waiting for a retraction or disclamer from the Oba if not this will be a plus for JK.

General, I am very sure the Oba did not say those trash. Though, he endorsed Ambode but he can never threaten any group nor tribe to vote for him, the propaganda is too cheap and can cause something else in Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by aspirebig: 7:47am On Apr 06, 2015
The man has insuted the Igbos big time, if it is true,and he should as a matter of urgency withdraw the statement and duly apologise to the Igbo nation. What nonsense.
Only area boys that matured to area man and area king can talk like that. Chaii,oma sheee ooo

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by babs01(m): 7:47am On Apr 06, 2015
Though I'm a big fan of Jimi Agbaje,
Lagos would have been developed
more than this had it been APC is the
ruling party, most of the projects that
FG should approve in Lagos have been
denied cos of party diffedrence. where
two elephants fight only the grasses
will suffer, we(Lagosian) need to taste
wat its lyk being d rulling party. On the
other hand we also need strong
opposition to checkmate the rulling
party nd thats what make politics
interesting, will the like of Bode
George nd Koro let d divident of
democracy reach the grass root of
Lagos I doubt.
Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by wickyyolo: 7:48am On Apr 06, 2015
Remarkable:

nobody will report anybody... they will use their pVC and show him that after God, power belongs to the people.

Moreover, I don't condone violence, but I feel if this was done in person, those men should have beat him up. lol JK.
he is not God. Empty threats
Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by Nobody: 7:49am On Apr 06, 2015
Alcatraz001:
We are watching the ibos and all there shenanigans...............m.We told you not to take our gentility for weakness but you refused,hope you are ready for whaats coming?

I hope you have imported area boys from nnewi to help you fight the Agberos? Lagos belongs to Yorubas and it is not a No man's Land as you are fond of saying. Let's see how it goes though....
Hiohiohiohiohiohio

I laugh in all the dialects in Nigeria!!

You're so deluded to the extent it can be contaminated if one stays close to you

Yes! Your delusion is a disease. angry
Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by geozone: 7:49am On Apr 06, 2015
a rather moronic statement from a bottom feeder of an oba

3 Likes

Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by fecosequence(m): 7:49am On Apr 06, 2015
Remarkable:

I am calling my cousins in FESTAC to ask them to support and vote Jimi... how can you threaten an Igbo man? That's the last thing any wise Nigerian will do. Let's see when the heavens fall if some will be spared while crushing others. Nansense.
my bro no mind dm..let hm stp the elections if hm power 2mch
Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by Gbawe: 7:49am On Apr 06, 2015
People should stop hyperventilating. The Oba did not make these statements. Nothing will stop Agbaje losing woefully on Saturday. Not even these late and cheap propaganda to whip up ethnic sentiments in voters. Agbaje stands no chance on Saturday. This is the reality. He wss going to lose anyway but new efforts, since APC won at the centre, to deliver Lagos to Ambode will see Agbaje lose woefully.

2 Likes

Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by Nobody: 7:49am On Apr 06, 2015
mobuch:

When I say majority of yorubas, except the extremely educated ones are animals and beasts, people don't believe me; don't worry, if the yorubas try any nonsense in lagos next week, we will annihiliate them the same way we annihiliated the almajiri soldiers in 1967!; we will leave a bullet hole in each of their asses, d same way we left a bullet hole in the ass of their useless senile leader" obasanjo". Come april 11, the TAN members in lagos numbering over 500000 are voting for agbaje; let the war begin.

Seun, u need to lock this thread now.
on this I concur with u 100percent...a shw down for all ages between d igbos and yaribas with d hausas as referees...even all d local juju they believe in wnt b enuff
Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by babzlim(m): 7:50am On Apr 06, 2015
IF THIS IS REALLY TRU THEN I DONT THINK DIS GUY DESERVE 2 BE AN OBA, OHHHHH GOD DIS IS AN OBA WITHOUT WISDOM, LESSON NUMBER ONE, U DONT THREATEN THE IGBOS, NUMBER 2, THE IGBOS IN THE EAST ARE WAITING FOR U 2 TOUCH THEIR OWN HERE THEN U HAVE STARTED WAT IS BIGGER THEN UR SEAT AS OBA. BE WARNED....

3 Likes

Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by jogojogo: 7:50am On Apr 06, 2015
rudedough:
I've said it over and over again, this online bravado doesn't raise any dust. If you feel you are man enough to confront Igbos in Lagos, do so where the metal meet the meat and not online. I'm currently in Lagos, Nigeria, i and my family will vote for AGBAJE, an Igbo-friendly Yoruba man whether Mr. Oba likes it or not. I'm an Igbo man, i'm NO COWARD!!!

Reason hausas detest igbos
Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by OdenigboAroli2: 7:50am On Apr 06, 2015
aspirebig:

The man has insuted the Igbos big time, if it is true,and he should as a matter of urgency withdraw the statement and duly apologise to the Igbo nation. What nonsense.
Only area boys that matured to area man and area king can talk like that. Chaii,oma sheee ooo

this oba use mouth pack shiiit, he should be made to apologise publicly

1 Like

Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by ferhyntorlah(f): 7:50am On Apr 06, 2015
Edoblakky:
By making this statement frought with bigotry and tribal sentiment, this Oba has gained more of my absolute disrespect. Lagos is a no-man's land. Tinubu and Fashola are not from Lagos but today they claim Lagosians. How are the Igbos different? Even the stupid Oba may not be from Lagos. I will vote JK because he's better than Ambode. I pray Ambode fails. Let's see how many tribes he will contend with. This is not the civil war era. Touch an Ibo and see how other tribes will re-group and make your life miserable. Respected Obas like the Oba of Benin will not commit such an epic gaffe. Now an appointed Oba who could be dethroned opens his mouth and vomits worm.
NEWSFLASH!!!!!!! Akinwunmi Ambode won't fail; he will surpass your imagination. You are a big time PESSIMIST! If what happened in Lagos were to happen in Benin, the Oba of Benin would have spoken in likewise manner. I have one question though: if Lagos were to be an Igbo state, would Ndigbos allow a non-indigene contest? Would they vote for such person? Forget all this talk that Lagos is a no man's land. Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by VolvoS60(m): 7:50am On Apr 06, 2015
MayorofLagos:

What instruments of justice do you have to prevent, if you act proactively, or to prosecute, if you are reactive, a positiin of electoral coercion?

You will say the constitution.

Your rhetoric above gives you away as someone obsessed in theoretical principles. You are twisting words and professing ideas which have no mundane records to their credit.

President Jonathan, the prime steward of the Constitution you clutch to your chest dispatched two Federal Ministers and a Army General to go and coerce and twist arms and deliver his wish in Ekiti.

How has your impotent Constitutuon protected the citizens of Ekiti against the flagrant violation of their rights by their own President?

This is reality.....dont brush Ekitigate aside and dont brush Ozu river aside, each has relevance under your chosen subject. You might not like to hear the truth but your theory does not hold water against these realities.

What will happen to Oba of Lagos if he coerces your Ezes to vote his candidate? Nothing!!

What will happen to your Ezes if they defy him.....blockade!

Swallow that!

^^^^

I noticed your presence on several threads where ethnic baiting and fierce tribalism is the norm. But you (and others who specialize in that sort of thing) usually crumble when you have to deal with logic and clarity of thought. This thread proves that beyond any doubt.

You have described the constitution as impotent because Jonathan allegedly interfered with the electoral process in Ekiti. undecided By your logic, once a law has been broken, that is proof of its uselessness and it should be discarded, right? Does that make sense to you?

Because you (humans) are unable to enforce the law (set out in an inanimate document), the law is at fault and it should be done away with? undecided Are you aware that this is a recipe for anarchy?

Stick to the issues. You know what they are.

5 Likes

Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by MaxNdu: 7:51am On Apr 06, 2015
dre11:

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/?p=113029

This is what happens to a man who refuses to develop his home and goes to develop another man's. Ndi igbo una see una life. People who want to become Lagos citizens by force...... I don't blame the Oba; the Yorubas are only fighting for what is theirs.

1 Like

Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by ElFenomeno1: 7:51am On Apr 06, 2015
I dont want to believe this......
Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by Sheggy13(m): 7:51am On Apr 06, 2015
VirginFinder:

Which Igbo reps?
How many federal constituencies are in Oshodi/Isolo?
Is Mutiu Shadimu(of PDP) Igbo?
NL is no credible news outlet!
There are 2 federal constituencies in Oshodi/Isolo. An Igbo man Tony Nwoolu won one. Another Igbo woman Mrs.Rita Orji won the seat in Ajeromi/Ifelodun while an Urhobo man Oghene Egoh won that of Amuwo Odofin. It's credible from Punch. See link: www.punchng.com/news/apc-loses-six-reps-seats-in-lagos/
Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by Ayus34(m): 7:52am On Apr 06, 2015
slap1:
How do you breathe with so much hatred lodged deep inside you?
I breathe Better hating that particular tribe....thank God for the election, it it really opened my eye to yeebos hatred for me and my tribe and I will be foolish to be shown the truth nature of a typical Igbo man and not becareful of how I relate with them,they re what u will not pray for in ur midst!
Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by fecosequence(m): 7:52am On Apr 06, 2015
Alcatraz001:

Ok ooooo, dem dey tell una now,una no wan hear....if e start to set na ibos go lose pass oooo.U can't defeat a man in his home!
wen b d kick off time??no b who ist go police dy win case

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (41) (Reply)

Abba Kyari's Last Statement Before His Death / Fatima Buhari Becomes 4th Wife To Gimba Yau Kumo / Radio Biafra And Nnamdi Kanu: A Threat to Nigeria's Stability.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.