Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,495 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:12 PM

Why Do You Fear Death? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do You Fear Death? (3139 Views)

Why People Fear Death And The Way Out / The God You Dont Know, How Will You Fear Him And How Will He Bless You / The Devil Is Powerless Without Your Fear. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do You Fear Death? by tartar9(m): 2:33pm On Jul 07, 2015
mtsheww xtians that even shiver at d mention of rapture something that most probably wont happen in their lifetime talkless say death.
Re: Why Do You Fear Death? by dalaman: 3:00pm On Jul 07, 2015
I like the way you guys are pointing it out to malvisguy212 that he is nothing but a terrorist. He feels he can use his sadistic ideas of eternal torture to terrorize people into his cult of a religion. No body is afraid of your sick and sadistic ideas. Do you lose sleep when muslims tell you that you'll burn in their own sadistic hell for not accepting Allah and his messenger? I know you don't. That's the same way we atheist never lose sleep when you come with your delusional talk about hell snd the afterlife . I.personally pity your sadistic terrorist who think they can terrorize people into accepting their ridiculous dogmas.
Re: Why Do You Fear Death? by Rilwayne001: 5:42pm On Jul 07, 2015
Dumbest post ever
Re: Why Do You Fear Death? by malvisguy212: 5:47pm On Jul 07, 2015
johnydon22:
Its not bragging because it is the plain truth. . . maybe you were expecting a different answer making you to pay blind eyes when given the plain answer but i am not you, i am not ruled by the thought of an imaginative afterlife

Any sane mind reading this wont find it difficult to discern that you are in fact afraid of afterlife which made you bank on Christianity in the hope of evading the outcome of afterlife if indeed there is, its called banking on your fears and it only shows what a feeble, dependent entity you are.
Afterlife as an imaginative human concept was first proposed by the Egyptians (the tribunal of osiris) am sure you didn't know this. . so you should know that your own concept of afterlife is still very young.

You where no where before life, but somehow selfishly you expect to be somewhere after death...

One would imagine after all your copy and paste of koranic verses that you must have come across where the koran stipulated hell torture as a punishment for unbelievers.
e.g: surah 2:114...so stop claiming nonsense in a bid to make yourself feel good.

But for the fact that you proudly argue that your religion gives threat of eternal punishment out in an open forum just shows how shameless you can be in the process of preaching your religion. i would be ashamed to mention that barbaric aspect of any religion if i adhere to one.

Anybody reading this will see that you are just propagating your religion based on a supposed fear factor to cajole people into believing your god concept out of fear. . but any sane mind would find the concept of a god willing to burn people for unbelief very disturbing and barbaric because it depicts an entity suffering from chronic sadism and egoism.

Your fear of this egoistic deity may be your hook keeping your in Christianity thats fine but do not drag others down your mess by asserting they too should resort to fear to believe in a deity. . . The basis of your religion is fear not faith after all..

And again you bring up another question that sell you out to be daft, i just wish you could always read your post to see the way you sound.
This question is like saying if i am tired of all the sweet experiences that comes with being conscious. . eating, reading, laughing, crying, family, friends, drinking, playing basketball, frolicking with my girl friend and a million other fun stuffs we do and start getting ready to go unconscious. . . to this i say "You have a serious problem"
read the op one more time, when I was still an unbeliever , I was afraid of death but when I became a believer , I NO longer afraid of death .

Sura 4:30-31, Whoso doeth that
(evil deeds) through aggression and
injustice, We shall cast him into Fire,
and that is ever easy for Allah. If ye
avoid the great (things) which ye are
forbidden, We will remit from you
your evil deeds and make you enter at
a noble gate.

This clearly implies that Allah will only
send you to hell for great sins. Small sins, like lusting over a woman will be overlooked by Allah. So, right here we
learn that Muhammed taught that small
sins were, in effect, atoned by not
committing great sins. This concept of sin atoned, muhammed teach this through out the quran.

Koran, Sura 6:120, Forsake the
outwardness of sin and the inwardness
thereof. Lo! those who garner sin will
be awarded that which they have
earned.

So there is Hell to pay for great sins, but
the small sins will be overlooked if the
great ones are not committed. We also
see that sin is to be forsaken. I created a thread title "MUHAMMED DOCTRINE OF SIN" the moderator transfer it to the Islamic section were it was deleted. This doctrine of sin even give man the advantage to sin more. Example if I commit adultery , I don't need to worry, All I need to do is to avoid the Great sin, pay zaket , that All. This contradicte the nature of holiness.
Re: Why Do You Fear Death? by malvisguy212: 5:52pm On Jul 07, 2015
a noble gate.
send you to hell for great sins. Small sins, like lusting over a woman will be overlooked by Allah. So, right here we
committing great sins. This concept of sin atoned, muhammed teach this through out the quran.
earned.
see that sin is to be forsaken. I created a thread title "MUHAMMED DOCTRINE OF SIN" the moderator transfer it to the Islamic section were it was deleted. This doctrine of sin even give man the advantage to sin more. Example if I commit adultery , I don't need to worry, All I need to do is to avoid the Great sin, pay zaket , that All. This contradicte the nature of holiness. [/quote]
Rilwayne001:
Dumbest post ever
Re: Why Do You Fear Death? by malvisguy212: 3:23pm On Feb 21, 2019
malvisguy212:
People who have no assurance of their
salvation fear death. I know, since I was
afraid of death before I put my faith in
Jesus Christ. If there is no God, then
death would be merely a ceasing of
existence ,with nothing to fear. However, if Christianity is true, then those who do not believe should fear death, since the fate of believers and non-believers is quite different.

WHY JUDGMENT?
The consistency of the physical laws of
the universe are reflection of God's
unchangeable and righteous nature. In
order to be consistent and righteous, God must judge every behavior that is not consistent with His. Therefore, any
ungodly behavior must be judged and
condemned by God in order for Him to
retain His righteousness. A common
myth is that God "grades on the curve"
and "as long as I behave better than
most people, He will allow me into
heaven." God's righteousness is absolute, not relative.

WHY FEAR?
All spiritual creatures ( angels, and humans) recognize that their spirits are eternal and that they will go through judgment of God, based upon their adherence to the laws of God. The Bible says that knowledge of God's existence and the eternal nature of the human spirit has been revealed to all people:
Ecclesiastes 3:11>>>>

He has made everything beautiful in
its time. He has also set eternity in
the hearts of men; yet they cannot
fathom what God has done from
beginning to end.

NO FEAR;
There are many possibilities on the existence of God. Atheists say that
God doesn't exist and that death results
in the end of individual existence. There
should be nothing to fear from death,
since your brain just shuts down. Deists
say that God exists, but doesn't have any interests in humanity. So, there is no heaven/hell and death ends it all, as in atheism. Many other religions claim
a god or gods, but none seem to be
interested in punishing human beings.Islam say if your good deed outweigh your bad deed,you will be favour,although this seems like a punishment to sinner that may lead to fear but this ease up the fear (if I can do enough).It is only Christianity that says that death brings judgment to the unrepentant. So, if you go by the odds, either death brings the cessation of existence or some kind of paradise that is open for everybody. It is irrational to fear this kind of uncertainty. So, the only kind of uncertainty that should be feared is whether or not Christianity is true.

ENDING FEAR;
If you want to relieve your fears about
death, you should try to determine if
Christianity is true or false. The
assignment is not too difficult. It isn't as
if you need to examine every religion on
the face of the earth - just one. Unlike
the other religions, which generally go
uncriticized, there are numerous
objections to Christianity, especially by
atheists. It's as if they know that
Christianity is the only religion that
seriously challenges their atheism. So,
you are going to live in fear and doubt
until you deal with the question of
whether Christianity is true or not. Visit
the atheists' websites. Visit the Christian
sites. Get informed and make a rational
decision.

CONCLUSION;
So to my atheists friends. If you fear death, yet believe that God does not exist, then you are being irrational. Then again, maybe you uncertain whether death is the end of your existence. ARE YOU READY TO DIE?
Re: Why Do You Fear Death? by malvisguy212: 3:25pm On Feb 21, 2019
malvisguy212:
the bible encourage us to be certain in our faith in God and be fully convinced.

I really want you to check this link, when will we have "the theory of everything" Physicists want to find a single theory that describes the entire universe.
http://www.bbc.com/earth/story/20150409-can-science-ever-explain-everything
Re: Why Do You Fear Death? by Nobody: 3:36pm On Feb 21, 2019
I've written a rap song on "Life and Death"-FACT.
Re: Why Do You Fear Death? by Nobody: 3:41pm On Feb 21, 2019
If you spend more time on "Uncertainties" than you would on "Certainties",you'll end up as a "living horror ".
Re: Why Do You Fear Death? by theoriginalgood: 3:45pm On Feb 21, 2019
Irrespective of what any religion says, humans will never be in heaven. Why do babies basically have no sense of their life even though they are humans? When God started existence, he started off at age 0. He had his senses, unlike a human baby. You think God has reproductive organs? You think God needs to excrete? Humans die because all humans are truly evil. Heaven is a holy perfect place. Only beings that are perfectly good and holy will be there.

Time to wake up to reality. They say you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free.
Re: Why Do You Fear Death? by LisaAnne(f): 3:50pm On Feb 21, 2019
[quote author=malvisguy212 post=35597488]
a noble gate.
earned.
see that sin is to be forsaken. I created a thread title "MUHAMMED DOCTRINE OF SIN" the moderator transfer it to the Islamic section were it was deleted. This doctrine of sin even give man the advantage to sin more. Example if I commit adultery , I don't need to worry, All I need to do is to avoid the Great sin, pay zaket , that All. This contradicte the nature of holiness. Dumbest post ever [/quote
Re: Why Do You Fear Death? by malvisguy212: 8:41pm On Feb 21, 2019
[quote author=LisaAnne post=75963137][/quote]good evening. why ?
Re: Why Do You Fear Death? by LisaAnne(f): 10:54pm On Feb 21, 2019
Re: Why Do You Fear Death? by malvisguy212: 12:23am On Feb 22, 2019
[quote author=LisaAnne post=75975299][/quote]alright. everything gonna be fine. just stay alive and focus . thank you .
Re: Why Do You Fear Death? by LisaAnne(f): 12:34am On Feb 22, 2019
Re: Why Do You Fear Death? by Taniaa(f): 12:41am On Feb 22, 2019
[quote author=LisaAnne post=75975299][/quote]I feel the same way.....sucks a lot
Re: Why Do You Fear Death? by malvisguy212: 1:14pm On Feb 22, 2019
[quote author=LisaAnne post=75976911][/quote]sorry for replying late. ,.,problem shear is half solve. don't you think so ?
Re: Why Do You Fear Death? by LisaAnne(f): 1:48pm On Feb 22, 2019
[quote author=malvisguy212 post=75992295]sorry for replying late. ,.,problem shear is half solve. don't you think so ? [/quote
next time don't pretend to care
Re: Why Do You Fear Death? by malvisguy212: 10:43am On Feb 23, 2019
[quote author=LisaAnne post=75993501][/quote]oh! money is not something that will make you wanna regret life. don't you think so?
Re: Why Do You Fear Death? by LisaAnne(f): 11:30am On Feb 23, 2019
smh
Re: Why Do You Fear Death? by KelvinCX(m): 1:35pm On Feb 25, 2019
malvisguy212:
People who have no assurance of their
salvation fear death. I know, since I was
afraid of death before I put my faith in
Jesus Christ. If there is no God, then
death would be merely a ceasing of
existence ,with nothing to fear. However, if Christianity is true, then those who do not believe should fear death, since the fate of believers and non-believers is quite different.

WHY JUDGMENT?
The consistency of the physical laws of
the universe are reflection of God's
unchangeable and righteous nature. In
order to be consistent and righteous, God must judge every behavior that is not consistent with His. Therefore, any
ungodly behavior must be judged and
condemned by God in order for Him to
retain His righteousness. A common
myth is that God "grades on the curve"
and "as long as I behave better than
most people, He will allow me into
heaven." God's righteousness is absolute, not relative.

WHY FEAR?
All spiritual creatures ( angels, and humans) recognize that their spirits are eternal and that they will go through judgment of God, based upon their adherence to the laws of God. The Bible says that knowledge of God's existence and the eternal nature of the human spirit has been revealed to all people:
Ecclesiastes 3:11>>>>

He has made everything beautiful in
its time. He has also set eternity in
the hearts of men; yet they cannot
fathom what God has done from
beginning to end.

NO FEAR;
There are many possibilities on the existence of God. Atheists say that
God doesn't exist and that death results
in the end of individual existence. There
should be nothing to fear from death,
since your brain just shuts down. Deists
say that God exists, but doesn't have any interests in humanity. So, there is no heaven/hell and death ends it all, as in atheism. Many other religions claim
a god or gods, but none seem to be
interested in punishing human beings.Islam say if your good deed outweigh your bad deed,you will be favour,although this seems like a punishment to sinner that may lead to fear but this ease up the fear (if I can do enough).It is only Christianity that says that death brings judgment to the unrepentant. So, if you go by the odds, either death brings the cessation of existence or some kind of paradise that is open for everybody. It is irrational to fear this kind of uncertainty. So, the only kind of uncertainty that should be feared is whether or not Christianity is true.

ENDING FEAR;
If you want to relieve your fears about
death, you should try to determine if
Christianity is true or false. The
assignment is not too difficult. It isn't as
if you need to examine every religion on
the face of the earth - just one. Unlike
the other religions, which generally go
uncriticized, there are numerous
objections to Christianity, especially by
atheists. It's as if they know that
Christianity is the only religion that
seriously challenges their atheism. So,
you are going to live in fear and doubt
until you deal with the question of
whether Christianity is true or not. Visit
the atheists' websites. Visit the Christian
sites. Get informed and make a rational
decision.

CONCLUSION;
So to my atheists friends. If you fear death, yet believe that God does not exist, then you are being irrational. Then again, maybe you uncertain whether death is the end of your existence. ARE YOU READY TO DIE?
ok

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Latest Take On Strange Marks That Appear On The Body / 27 Signs You Are Cursed (hex / Jinx) / Why Do Many Christian Churches Go To Church On Sunday And Not Saturday?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.